Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 93
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Labyrinthine - Team Stealth

    Spoiler: Delvington Map
    Show
    Spoiler: Patron
    Show
    Talvis All Wise appears differently to each of you who meet him. He looks like your own race, or the closest humanoid race to yours for those of you nonhumanoids.
    He offers you information and divinations. He has a reputation for never being wrong, only misinterpreted.
    He requires information about the labyrinth in return, particularly any texts you discover.


    You arrived in Delvington a two days ago and got settled into a very modest... hut hastily constructed. The construction seems sound enough, but you rather hope that no large storms blow through anytime soon.

    A messenger arrived late last night from Talvis All Wise, which is why you now find yourselves standing on a dock just before sunrise, shivering in the early morning chill. It seems that you're to be the first into the dungeon today.

    Why the docks you might ask? Well, it seems some fool with a decanter of endless water died in the dungeon before deactivating it. The top two levels of the dungeon in the area quickly filled with water and collapsed, creating the small lake you see before you. Fortunately, a small island near the middle remains above the waters with a relatively safe entrance into the labyrinth below.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    City

    Default Re: Labyrinthine - Team Stealth

    Conor stands on the edge of the dock looking intently down at the water. He's tall and narrow, with black hair and green eyes. He clearly hasn't shaved since he arrived to the village, but he's still more handsome than any Gods-fearing man has any right to be. His clothes are practical on the whole, but with pieces of finery traded in wherever form could be allowed to triumph over function. He's certainly not dressed for the weather, at least, but he doesn't seem bothered at all by the chill. There are lesser known perks to pyromancy. He has a great, finely bred dog almost the size of a pony sitting next to him. It's packed down with a harness and supplies for their expedition.

    "You're the people I'll be stitching back together, ey?" He looks back and then nods towards the still water with a grin. "Do you think they've had any swimmers to dredge up all the gold, yet?" He saw a few tin-can mercs back in 'town.' One of them could probably do it.

    He turns his back to the water and holds out a hand to shake with each of his new teammates, even if they scowl at him. "Conor Hughes, Pyromancer and Field Medic, at your service."
    "You blew up a church!"

    "It blew ITSELF up!"

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Book Wombat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Labyrinthine - Team Stealth

    The gnome stares at the water too, shivering. Shaking Conor's hand in return he says I guess that's about right. Mine's Jacob. I'll be the one disabling traps and such.
    Last edited by Book Wombat; 2018-07-18 at 01:04 PM.
    . .-. .-. --- .-. / ....- ----- ....- ---... / -.-. --- ..- .-.. -.. / -. --- - / ..-. .. -. -.. / --.- ..- . ... - .. --- -. / ---... -.--.-

    Discord: Bookwhyrm#4020, feel free to DM.
    Avatar by linkele

    Book Wombat's Extended Signature

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PeacefulOak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Labyrinthine - Team Stealth

    Standing quietly at the edge of the docks, the dark-robed figure stares listlessly at the water with the lead to a mule hanging from its hand. Ignoring the proffered hand, the figure speaks in a soft voice that whispers like the gentle breeze coming off the artificial lake. "I am Robin, and I make sure whatever is around doesn't hit you. Anyone have a boat?" The figure gestures towards the water with its free hand.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    City

    Default Re: Labyrinthine - Team Stealth

    "Well," Conor shrugs his shoulders after being snubbed. "I suspect we'll be being picked up. Otherwise this'd be a little silly."

    He moves the fingers of one hand like he's playing an instrument, then clenches his fist to crystallize the arcane gesture. "Here." He offers an empty hand to Jacob. "For the cold. Anyone else want one?"

    Spoiler: Immediate Betrayal
    Show
    If Jacob touches his hand, he must make a DC 16 Will save or be afflicted with an Endure Elements spell for 24 hours.


    "Think we might want to move some things from Bosco here to the mule?" He musses up the overgrown hare-catcher's head. "I don't know how far they'll be able to follow us in there, but he might do better less burdened."
    Last edited by AdamSmasher; 2018-07-18 at 08:56 PM.
    "You blew up a church!"

    "It blew ITSELF up!"

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Labyrinthine - Team Stealth

    DM

    Spoiler: DM Request
    Show
    Can you please start your posts with your character's name in bold? I haven't mentioned it before now, but that will really help me with keeping characters straight.


    As you stand waiting on the dock, a wide, shallow boat with a small roofed section approaches you. While large enough for the entire party, it is obvious that you will need to make two trips to safely transport all four of you, the riding dog, and the mule to the island with the dungeon entrance.

    The ferryman greets you with a silent nod and waits for you to board.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Jeriah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Labyrinthine - Team Stealth

    Vera S. Neekee

    Movement at the end of the dock catches your eye, as a small, black shape starts to speak. You wonder how you didn't notice her before now...

    Spoiler: Vera S. Neekee
    Show

    "It appears to be time."

    Standing up, Vera looks over the party once more, the look on her face passive but slightly questioning, as if wondering if she made the right choice with organizing this group.

    "First group across will be Robin, the mule, and myself. Jacob, Brian, and his dog on the second boat.

    From what I understand, there's not much room to gather outside the entrance, so the first group will start the descent and secure the entrance while the second group makes the trip."
    Last edited by Jeriah; 2018-07-19 at 02:03 AM.
    Homebrewer's extended signature

    Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Click an award to see the entry.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Book Wombat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Labyrinthine - Team Stealth

    Jacob Esme

    Taking Conor's hand Jacob gets a small shock but then immediatly feels a bit warmer, Thanks, that feels better. he replies.

    In answer to Vera, Jacob starts a bit as she appears in his field of vision, Sounds like a plan.
    . .-. .-. --- .-. / ....- ----- ....- ---... / -.-. --- ..- .-.. -.. / -. --- - / ..-. .. -. -.. / --.- ..- . ... - .. --- -. / ---... -.--.-

    Discord: Bookwhyrm#4020, feel free to DM.
    Avatar by linkele

    Book Wombat's Extended Signature

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Labyrinthine - Team Stealth

    DM

    As soon as the first group is aboard, the ferryman pushes off from the dock, poles the boat over to the island, and allows them to disembark before returning for the second group.

    Once the party is safely on the tiny island, the boat heads back toward the dock.


    Calling this an "island" is generous. In fact, it appears to be more akin to the topmost section of a set of ruins rather than an actual island. You stand on a small, rocky outcropping about 30 feet in diameter that is no more than 4 or 5 inches above the water at its highest. There is a 10 foot wide round hole in the very middle and second, smaller hole with what appears to be a stone staircase leading down.



    Looking down over the lip of the hole, you realize that there is about a 100 foot drop straight down with a spiral staircase around the sides, cut deeper into the stone, leaving the central shaft completely clear.

    The mule should be able to traverse the stairs, but it will need to squeeze the entire way down. It does not look pleased with the idea, or the trip in general thus far.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    City

    Default Re: Labyrinthine - Team Stealth

    Spoiler
    Show
    Since we all had a free day before campaign start, I'd like to have taken a few hours to canvass for info about what we'll find down there. [roll0], [roll1] to have chatted up the locals.


    Conor Hughes


    Before anyone embarks, Conor claps his hands together. "Alright, then. In that case I'm going to insist that everyone take a blessing before they go. Not only will it warm you up, it'll keep me from burning you accidental-like. But just me, don't go playing with any matches. If this boat brings me over to find you in a fight with some beasty, I'll be starting fires without asking questions."

    He gives everyone, including the mule, an Endure Exposure invocation with a tap on the shoulder or by offering a hand.

    As he nears the island on the second ferry-ride, his voice lowers to a whisper and his demeanor loses its levity. He steps off the boat and coaches Bosco to follow with a hand signal. After a nod to Vera and Robin, he tip toes over to the two holes and peers in each.

    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]

    "Alright everyone, eyes peeled, weight on your toes, stay together. Lets decide a marching order. I think that mule might jam us up down there, it'll be hard to around if we need to run."

    Spoiler: Buffs
    Show
    Everyone gets Endure Elements and a +3 bonus to Initiative, Stealth, Acrobatics, and other assorted dex checks. Everyone within ten feet of Conor also receives a handy +2 on saves and AC vs anything evil.
    "You blew up a church!"

    "It blew ITSELF up!"

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    City

    Default Re: Labyrinthine - Team Stealth

    Spoiler: Repaired Rolls
    Show
    Don't preview your post to make sure you formatted the rolls correctly. It assures that you didn't.

    Insight - (1d20+3)[17]
    Persuasion - (1d20+11)[26]
    Stealth - (1d20+5)[18]
    Perception - (1d20+2)[22]
    Perception - (1d20+2)[4]
    One for each.
    Last edited by AdamSmasher; 2018-07-19 at 09:18 PM.
    "You blew up a church!"

    "It blew ITSELF up!"

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Jeriah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Labyrinthine - Team Stealth

    Vera S. Neekee

    Before boarding, Vera stows her backpack with her rations and waterskins on the mule.

    Vera takes point, working her way slowly down the stairs as the second half of the party crosses in the boat. She attempts to hide in the shadows as she reaches the bottom and takes a quick glance into the room.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception - (1d20+4)[5]
    Stealth - (1d20+11)[21]
    Homebrewer's extended signature

    Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Click an award to see the entry.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PeacefulOak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Labyrinthine - Team Stealth

    Robin Darkweaver

    Leaving the mule at the landing, Robin follows his shadowy leader down the stairs. Readying himself, his cloak is pushed back revealing a light wooden shield strapped to one arm, and a strange weapon with a hooked blade on one end of a long chain, balanced by a heavy weight on the other. He sets it to swinging idly as he makes his way down the stairs, the faintest of whooshes accompanying each lazy arc of the weight.

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    (1d20+2)[3] Perception
    (1d20+4)[13] Stealth

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Labyrinthine - Team Stealth

    ●●●●●●
    DM

    You make your way slowly down the stairs, leaving the mule behind for the other party members to bring down with them. The more meticulous (or OCD) among you counts the steps, discovering that the entire staircase is 400 feet long. That's not going to be a quick or easy ascent if you have to climb back out in a hurry.

    You see the remnants of three traps along the staircase, they have been thoroughly disassembled and removed by earlier groups, though the lowest one still bears the bloodstains of an unfortunate adventurer.

    You make your way down the spiral staircase into the deep darkness only to emerge into the center of a decently well-lit room. The vaulted ceiling is some thirty feet high, and the walls at least 50 feet away in all directions. Several mighty columns support the roof, each with one or two continual flames cast on otherwise empty torch sconces.

    This large room is mostly empty, with only the detritus of past adventurers present: scraps of broken gear, discarded rations, even the remnants of a shattered cart that looks as if it fell when someone tried to lower it from above.

    There are closed doors in each of the four walls. Three doors head north, four doors head west, two doors head south, and three doors head east.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2018-07-20 at 12:48 AM.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Jeriah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Labyrinthine - Team Stealth

    Vera

    Moving south, Vera examines both doors, looking for signs that they've been used lately. She also searches them for traps.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception 14, taking 10.
    Last edited by Jeriah; 2018-07-20 at 03:24 AM.
    Homebrewer's extended signature

    Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Click an award to see the entry.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    City

    Default Re: Labyrinthine - Team Stealth

    Conor

    "They left us, Jake." Conor measures the mule and the passageway by eye and decides against bringing the beast down until they need it. He moves his bedroll and half his rations from Bosco to the mule and then commands the dog to follow with a hand sign. "Lead the way, trap man."

    Jacob, he, and Bosco descend the stairs to reach Vera and Robin. He imagines the half-dozen floors of labyrinth they're bypassing with this descent and what might be in them. He also imagines the logistics of scrambling back out of here if things went South. He would do well enough, he had the body of a long distance sprinter, but the little ones were too short of leg to cover much ground.

    Reaching the bottom, he trades his rapier with the dog for his book and inkpen then opens it to the first page. He starts a map, noting the length of descent, traps, chamber size, and doorways. Notes made, he grabs a few more light items like the antitoxin, a few candles, and the chalk then slinks over to Vera, giving her the benefit of his anti-evil aura. "West, I say. Most doors, people don't like choices. One of the two in the middle's less likely to have been tried."
    Last edited by AdamSmasher; 2018-07-20 at 08:47 AM.
    "You blew up a church!"

    "It blew ITSELF up!"

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Jeriah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Labyrinthine - Team Stealth

    Vera

    Taking a look at Conor, Vera simply asks, "Where is the mule?"
    Homebrewer's extended signature

    Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Click an award to see the entry.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    City

    Default Re: Labyrinthine - Team Stealth

    Conor Hughes

    Conor points to the ceiling with a thumb. "'s up top."
    "You blew up a church!"

    "It blew ITSELF up!"

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Jeriah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Labyrinthine - Team Stealth

    Vera

    "Why...?"

    She sighs deeply.

    "Go back up there and get the mule before the next team shows up and takes it for themselves or some random monster shows up and eats it or it slips into the water and drowns itself. We need those supplies!"

    Assuming she found no traps on the southern doors, she opens the western door and proceeds through, searching for traps as she goes.
    Homebrewer's extended signature

    Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Click an award to see the entry.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Book Wombat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Labyrinthine - Team Stealth

    Uhm, I could help you with disabling those traps, as that's the best thing I can do. Jacob says quietly.
    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

    Perception: [roll0]
    Stealth: [roll1]

    Look at next post.
    Last edited by Book Wombat; 2018-07-21 at 01:30 PM.
    . .-. .-. --- .-. / ....- ----- ....- ---... / -.-. --- ..- .-.. -.. / -. --- - / ..-. .. -. -.. / --.- ..- . ... - .. --- -. / ---... -.--.-

    Discord: Bookwhyrm#4020, feel free to DM.
    Avatar by linkele

    Book Wombat's Extended Signature

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Book Wombat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Labyrinthine - Team Stealth

    Spoiler: Same mistake.
    Show

    Perception: (1d20+3)[6]
    Stealth: (1d20+6)[19]
    EDIT: Can I take a 10 for Perception? So if it's okay it's 13.
    Last edited by Book Wombat; 2018-07-21 at 01:58 PM.
    . .-. .-. --- .-. / ....- ----- ....- ---... / -.-. --- ..- .-.. -.. / -. --- - / ..-. .. -. -.. / --.- ..- . ... - .. --- -. / ---... -.--.-

    Discord: Bookwhyrm#4020, feel free to DM.
    Avatar by linkele

    Book Wombat's Extended Signature

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    City

    Default Re: Labyrinthine - Team Stealth

    Conor takes a second to process the words, then leans in conspiratorily after a glance over his shoulder.

    Spoiler: Whispers
    Show
    He blocks the other two's view of one hand with his body and counts the reasons on his fingers. "Because you left it up there. Because rendezvousing here to make sure you were alive and the entrance secure was more important. Because we were left no orders regarding the mule. Because that half-ton of stubborn won't come quietly. And because... you don't bother someone else's animal without due cause."

    Spoiler: If Interrupted
    Show
    He just keeps talking, completely unfazed.


    All five fingers accounted for,


    Conor snaps a quick salute and slinks over to Robin. "That thing like you or do I need to go sweet talk it?"

    Spoiler: If Robin defers
    Show
    "Right-o." Conor rubs his hands together and then stretches, looking back up the spiral staircase. He puts his book and pen back in the dog's pack. "Bosco, Defend." He points at Robin, the one he judges least likely to need to sneak off or mess with traps, then ascends the staircase.

    Topside, he slowly approaches the mule. "Alright, it's you and me, beautiful. Why don't you be a dear come inside before you catch cold." He approaches slowly and lets it sniff him before giving it a pet on the nose to gauge its temperament. He takes a handful of rations out of its pack in one hand and the reins in the other and tries to lead it down the stairs.

    Take 10 for 12 on Handle Animal, plus any bonus for coaxing with food. His persuasion bonus is +11 if he can sub that in at a penalty. If that fails:
    Handle Animal - (1d20+2)[12]
    Handle Animal - (1d20+2)[18]
    Handle Animal - (1d20+2)[9]
    Handle Animal - (1d20+2)[17]
    Handle Animal - (1d20+2)[9]
    He'll coax it for a minute tops and if he hasn't gotten it through the door he'll return with a shrug. "No dice, won't mind me. Need anything specific off it?"
    Spoiler: If Robin goes
    Show
    "Thanks." He nods and opens his book back up, beginning a slow circuit around the room to visually survey for anything not obvious on their first glance. If he sees anything out of the ordinary, he stays the hell away from it and alerts Jacob or Vera with a wave. He also stays away from walls, doors, and any decorations. Where any caution might be taken, he does; he doesn't want a spear popping out of something and gelding him.

    Take 10 for 12 on Perception.
    Last edited by AdamSmasher; 2018-07-21 at 04:07 PM.
    "You blew up a church!"

    "It blew ITSELF up!"

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    PeacefulOak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Labyrinthine - Team Stealth

    Robin Darkweaver

    I bought the stubborn beast yesterday, and our mutual hate has persisted since. Please, go retrieve it.

    Robin follows the sneakier members of the party closely.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Labyrinthine - Team Stealth

    ●●●●●●
    DM

    Vera discovers no traps on or around the door and proceeds to open it while someone retrieves the mule.

    The hallway beyond is some 20 feet long and has a small 1-foot tall by 6-inch wide niche carved into both walls about every three feet. In each niche is a small, vaguely humanoid statue of grotesque likeness. A heavy layer of dust covers everything in the hallway, indicating that none have attempted to travel this way in many years.

    As the door opens, the head of every statue simultaneously turns to stare unblinking at the party.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2018-07-21 at 06:41 PM.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Jeriah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Labyrinthine - Team Stealth

    Vera

    Closing the door without a word, Vera takes a step back.

    "Maaaybe we'll try one of those other doors after all...

    I think someone suggested west? West sounds good right now."


    Nervously, she approaches another door, searches for traps, and then opens it if none are found.

    Edit: West wall, second door up from the south.
    Perception [14]
    Last edited by Jeriah; 2018-07-22 at 02:55 AM.
    Homebrewer's extended signature

    Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Click an award to see the entry.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Labyrinthine - Team Stealth

    ●●●●●●
    DM

    Vera discovers no traps on or around the door and opens it.

    The door opens immediately into another room with no hallway at all.

    The room is 50 feet east to west and about 20 feet N/S.

    Every surface bears scorch marks, and ash piles litter the floor. The room reeks of fire and burnt flesh. You suspect some sort of fire-based trap, as no flames light the room.

    There are two doors on the far western wall. Both appear to be made of rusted iron.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2018-07-22 at 05:18 AM.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Jeriah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Labyrinthine - Team Stealth

    Vera

    "So, who's first?"

    She motions over her shoulder towards the mule.

    "I've stowed several days worth of firewood with the mule. Someone with some muscle grab a bundle or two and toss it through the door. Two days ought to do for a quick test."
    Homebrewer's extended signature

    Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Click an award to see the entry.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    City

    Default Re: Labyrinthine - Team Stealth

    Conor reaches the bottom of the staircase with the mule in tow. "There, there, that's a good..." He checks. "Boy. Here you go." He gives the mule the fistful of ration he had used to coax it and gives it a pat on the shoulder. "Bosco, come. Defend." He pats himself on the chest to signal.

    Seeing the group staring down a new door, the points his thumb at the old one. "What was back there?"

    Looking over everyone's shoulders as the new door opens, Conor resists the urge to whistle. "I've got to reiterate that my invocation only protects you from me."

    Conor does a quick comparison of his own arm to Robin's and nudges him with an elbow. "I think that's you. I'm no good for dodging explosions. But I'll patch you up if it goes awry." He unloads two bundles of firewood from the mule and hands them to Robin, then takes cover a few feet to the side of the door.

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Did Conor get anything from that gather information check I tried to insert into his yesterday activities? Have we seen anything worth a knowledge check?
    "You blew up a church!"

    "It blew ITSELF up!"

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Labyrinthine - Team Stealth

    ●●●●●●
    DM

    The firewood flies a few feet through the door before hitting the floor, tumbling a short distance, and coming to a stop. Whoever threw it managed to get it just barely 10 feet into the room.

    There appears to be no change to anything in the room, except for the addition of some firewood.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Jeriah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Labyrinthine - Team Stealth

    Vera

    Taking a deep breath, Vera moves carefully into the room, searching for traps as she goes.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Search, move 5ft, search. Repeat.
    Moving 10 feet, to the location of the firewood.
    Perception - (1d20+4)[13]
    Perception - (1d20+4)[8]
    Perception - (1d20+4)[13]
    Perception - (1d20+4)[14]
    Homebrewer's extended signature

    Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Click an award to see the entry.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •