Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Labyrinthine - Team Dragonborn

Spoiler: Delvington Map
    Show
    Spoiler: Patron
    Show
    Yveilth, Champion Of The Skies soars overhead, a powerful gold dragon. She takes human form to speak with you.
    She offers spellcasting services and the ability to temporarily _borrow_ useful and powerful magic items from her hoard, which are guaranteed to have little to no universal spell failure chance.
    She requires first pick of any loot you recover in the labyrinth, offering approximate market price in gold or spelcasting services in return. She's primarily interested in unusual or unique items and will take gold or gems if no such items are recovered on a delve.

You arrived in Delvington this morning and discovered that you're to be housed in an abandoned farm east of the village. The fields have been trampled or pillaged by the numerous people moving through the area, and the farmers have moved elsewhere. When you were directed there, Yveilth's representative assured you that it was purchased for quite a good deal.

Yveilth has offered you a choice of one magical artifact to carry with you into the dungeon from the following list:
    • Healing Belt - This belt has 5 charges but otherwise identical to the Magic Item Compendium entry. It also has a 30% spell failure chance.
    • Burgundy Cape - This cape gives the wearer the benefit of endure elements. It also transforms into a 4-man tent 1/day and grants the same benefit to anyone inside. It has a 50% spell failure rate, which applies to everyone inside while in tent form.
    • Pair of Silver Earrings - These earrings, when worn by two different people, allow them to speak to one another at a distance as though standing next to one another, close enough to hear a whisper. They work at a distance of up to 500 feet. 10% spell failure chance.
    • 2 Potions of Cure Light Wounds

The item you choose will need to be returned to her once you return to the surface, and a new set of magic items will be offered the next time you delve into the dungeon.

One of your number has yet to arrive, and you have not heard word from him lately. You are unsure whether or not he will be able to join you on this adventure...
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Labyrinthine - Team Dragonborn

Nazire ux Ilrikmok tibur Demir, child of the great bahamut, paced the old farmhouse as he considered the situation in front of him. Ideally, everyone would be here to add there thoughts into the choice. Or be here period. He would be less mad if this was the first time something like this happened. Still, he couldn't keep his patron waiting too long.

"The belt then." Demir says with a wave of his hand to Yveilth's reprenisitive. They would be giving it back once they resurfaced, so putting too much thought into it would be futile. Not knowing what waited for them in the depths of the dungeon, the healing would be the most universally beneficial item anyways.

"Brothers, have you finished your preparations for our delve? We may be leaving without tibur Banjo, if we do not hear from him shortly." He shrugs. "But so be Bahamut's will."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

The representative returns the items you haven't chosen to her bag of holding and departs, telling you that you are scheduled to enter the dungeon at 10 am the next morning, so you will need to be at the docks at least 20 minutes earlier than that.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2018-07-25 at 11:35 AM.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"I have!" An excited voice bursts from a dark corner in the room. Drazavur ux Dracceajaath tibur Derek sticks his head out from his shadowy veil. His puppy-like eyes almost completely negate how fearsome his dragonborn features are. "And I can't wait to get started!"

"I do hope brother Banjo arrives soon, but Bahamut's will shall be done. He will be sorely missed."
    Last edited by RJIguy57; 2018-07-26 at 08:34 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

"At ease, young one." Speaks Demir though he knows his brother is older than him. "If you are already ready, let us go into town. Perhaps the locals will be willing to divulge some information to us. Hesken, if you'd like to join us you'd be more than welcome." He rolls the belt up and stashes it in his rucksack. It'll be given out before they enter the dungeon, but he doesn't want to leave it behind. This is the kind of place where thieves migrate to, and he has not yet had time to secure the farmhouse.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"What a splendid idea! We will need every advantage we can get."

Unsure of what they will encounter in town, Derek quickly gathers all of his belongings, leaving nothing behind just to be safe. With his armor and backpack equipped and his favorite guisarme on his back, he is all ready to head out.

"Perhaps we could visit a tavern first? Secrets tend to flow most readily in places where ale flows too."

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

"Apologies for my lateness, I was held up, " Banjo says, as he approaches the group. The almost hobo like dragonborn, looked like he carried the majority of his life on his back.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

"Banjo! Great to see you've finally made it. You just missed our patron Yveilth's representative. Here." Demir hands over the belt. "You'll get the most use out of this. Now we we just heading into town, if you'd like to join us. We were hoping to learn more about the dungeon before our fist delve, if it be Bahamut's will."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

●●●●●●
    DM

You find that there is only one tavern in the whole town, which strikes you as odd, until you learn that the other two more recently built ones were both mysteriously burned to the ground shortly after opening, with their owners trapped inside.

The Leaking Dog smells somewhat strongly of its namesake, but that is perhaps only the local ale. You're not sure whether or not to feel better about that. This early in the morning, the tavern is fairly devoid of patrons, though there are a couple of ne'er-do-wells and layabouts already well into their cups. As you enter, the woman you presume to be the barmaid shouts to you in a rather surly tone, "Oi! You! Lizards! Take a seat. I'll be wit' ye in a nonce!"

Spoiler: Bar Wench
    Show
    Last edited by Rizban; 2018-07-29 at 11:26 PM.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ma'am, we are Dragonborn, the children of Bahamut. Have you not met our kin before? Do not worry, father Bahamut forgives your ignorance." Demir says, politely though sternly. With the short lecture done, he takes a seat at the bar as if nothing had happened.
    Last edited by Eonn; 2018-07-30 at 10:46 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

"Wingaling lizards then. Whatever. Siddown."

As you move to a table (the tavern lacks a proper bar), the woman disappears into the kitchen before returning with a mug of what you assume to be alcohol for each of you. She slams the tankards onto the table with enough force to slosh the liquid onto the table.

"SO, whadd'll ya hav?" she slurs at you, her words garbled by the wad of tobacco she has stuffed in her bottom lip.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Drazavur ux Dracceajaath tibur Derek

Derek seems to be completely unphased by the smell of the tavern and the rudeness of the barmaid.

He orders first with a big toothy grin, "Wow! Your establishment is lovely, but it pales in comparison to how gorgeous you look, my lady. I would like a roast of whatever house meat you have a available and another tankard for that gentleman over there."

He points a talon at a shady looking individual on the other side of the tavern.

"Trust me brothers," He whispers, "He looks like he might know something."
    Last edited by RJIguy57; 2018-08-02 at 12:11 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Nazire ux Ilrikmok tibur Demir

"I.. I don't know what lead you to that conclusion, but I'm all for speaking with the local populace. If anyone would know about the labyrinth, it be them."
    Last edited by Eonn; 2018-08-01 at 10:18 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

sigh Re: Labyrinthine - Team Dragonborn

DM

"Well, ain't you the little charmer?" she says as she seductively runs one finger down his cheek. "No discounts."

She looks around the rest of the table, and when they don't appear to order immediately, she goes to fetch the order. A minute later, she returns with a wooden trencher loaded up with juicy, steaming, charred meat with an unnervingly blue-purple color.

She drops it in front of Derek before carrying the tankard of ale over to the patron he indicated.

Spoiler: The meat
    Show
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

"What in the name of Bahamut.. is that a spice or is it just the natural color of the flesh of this beast?" Says Demir, suddenly not sure if he wishes to order anything. "No matter, let us speak to this man while his drink is fresh. May as well bring your plate with you, Derek."

With that said, Demir rises from his seat.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Oh dear Bahamut that looks weird.... but smells delicious!"
    Derek face lights up as he pops a piece of the strange meat into his mouth, "Hey! That's pretty good!"
    He grabs his plate and tankard and walks over to the man.
    "Well hello my new friend" Derek says slyly as he sits down at his table. "My name is Derek, and this is Demir, and we are dragonborn, children of the Bahamut. Don't worry, despite our appearances, we don't bite."
    Derek sits back more comfortably in his chair and jingles his coin purse slightly, "You know, I just so happen to have a few extra gold in my pocket for the lucky soul who knows some good information about the great labyrinth under this town. Would you mind if we asked you a few questions?"
    Last edited by RJIguy57; 2018-08-06 at 01:37 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

The man sniffs heavily as he rubs at his swollen, red nose.

"Go 'head. Don't got nuthin' better ta do," he huffs at you before taking a long draw of his fresh drink.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Derek leans in closer, "Well for starters, what all has been found down there so far? Loot, gold, monuments.... perhaps even a few terrible monsters? How many groups have already gone down?"
    Derek goes to lean back, as if he is satisfied with his two questions, but then quickly leans back in, "Oh, I almost forgot! Bonus points for this last question here, my friend." He leans in even closer and whispers, "Do you know of any areas SPECIFICALLY that have remained untouched by other groups?"

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, huh, mebbe like 10 or 12 groups done went down there, I think. Of those, mebbe 6 have come back. Most just be bringing back wounds and their dead. A couple wot get lucky bringed up a sack of gold or magic artifacts. One party done went and tried to take down a cart what for looting this big hoard they done said they went and finded, but that didn't go so good, and they fighted and went they own ways after. I think one o' dem is round here still trying to find a new party to go after the loots, but he don't seem right in the head, if you know what I mean."
    Last edited by Rizban; 2018-08-10 at 02:34 AM.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

Banjo

"Well then sir, that sounds like a decent challenge, bring it on." he exclaims, cracking his knuckes as he nods towards Dereck.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Demir nods at Banjo's eagerness. It was nice to see a little energy, though he hopes his brother would temper himself before they entered the dungeon.

"I see. This man, the one you say has gone nuts, do you know where we can find him? He'd likely know better than most around here what dangers we may actually face."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Ha! You know I love a good challenge!" Derek says with his eternally optimistic smile.
    "Those odds sound pretty scary, but with our skills we just might make it out alive. However my brothers, we definitely must find that mad man before we enter the labyrinth tomorrow morning."
    Last edited by RJIguy57; 2018-08-16 at 06:06 PM.