New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,498 of 1498
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

Thread XI: More Expansions, More Salt!

Had some meetings yesterday, hopefully things will be some approximation of "normal" by the end of fest.

With the rest of the day being mostly uneventful I went heavy on Cardia.

So, Elarra is definitely strong enough to offrealm heal, and I suppose if you have the resources the new bard skill etc. might also have merit in particular battles. But the lack of synergy is still felt, mostly on offense.

Dreambreaker - bare minimum with Break shenanigans, Seiken Shock spam, and the rest of the team basically trying to HOSS through enough turns via trance etc. A second attempt with a now level 80 historia did somewhat better but yeah, a lot more needed to stomp this one.
    Last edited by darkdragoon; 2020-07-01 at 02:47 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Titan in the Playground

And Banner 3 is up! Remember, this is the one with no low-rarity relics. Every pull a winner, folks! Mine was 3/11, all disco, all the time!
    • Dragon's Heart: Squall's other Awakening. You remember how he had the Ice PHY Awakening? Well, this is precisely that, only Fire, and better - in addition to literally everything that one does, this also increases your Fire attack level by 3. So, yeah, I'm really happy about this. Only problem is that my Fire PHY team is super crowded right now - with two Syncs.
    • Hyperion: Lightning's Awakening. Her second one. Not the one that uses Lightning - you know, the element that has her name on it - but the one that uses Holy. So, yeah. She gets a Holy boost, En-Holy, delay reduction, W-Cast Holy, and a chaser. This thing is great, no lie. I think she might just replace Firion on my Holy PHY team.
    • Hyperion: Because nothing is perfect, here's a dupe. Yay.

I mean, it wasn't one of the Syncs on the banner, or the Chain, but these were two (and a half?) decent drops. My luck hasn't turned good, but it may have improved a bit. Happy pulls, folks.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    And Banner 3 is up! Remember, this is the one with no low-rarity relics.
    Disagree.

Pull 1:
    Lightning Glint+
    Seph Glint+

Pull 2:
    Squall Glint+

I have no use for Squall or Lightnings due to lack of relics to back them up. Seph is the only one that could be useful, and then not by much.

Edit: 3rd rage pull 2-11

Seph Glint+
    Rem Sync.

Okay much better. Still not happy over the first 2 pulls but at least I got the big prize, and good magic holy tech.
    Last edited by Antonok; 2020-07-01 at 08:23 PM.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    Disagree.

Pull 1:
    Lightning Glint+
    Seph Glint+

Pull 2:
    Squall Glint+

I have no use for Squall or Lightnings due to lack of relics to back them up. Seph is the only one that could be useful, and then not by much.
    I didn't say no bad relics. I said no low-rarity. A Glint+ is still a 6-star, as opposed to Glints and LMRs which are 5-stars.

But yeah. A Glint+ without any other SBs to tack it onto is just... frustrating, honestly. Been there.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Titan in the Playground

Squall: EnFire Glint+. No other related Breaks for this character, currently useless.
    Lightning: Holy AOSB. Potentially useful, but tbh the biggest benefit here is probably having another +Holy armor.
    Lenna: Brave Healer USB. Ok, worth it. Insta-cast medica, Regenga, Quickcast, and a Bravery effect that can give another layer of Last Stand. Nice adjunct for when/if her Awoken healer mode runs out.

Edit: Stopped screwing around with other stuff for a bit and started beating up Magicites. Hydra and Sealion down so far, need to see where else I have decently leveled characters/soulbreaks. Pretty sure I can take Golem (2 magic-based Wind syncs to choose from) and probably lightning-weak (Kain Sync and a smattering of A/OSBs for damage backup.)
    Last edited by tyckspoon; 2020-07-01 at 09:36 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Troll in the Playground

Bit of a weird/insane pull here. 6/11!

- Rem’s sync: Jackpot
    - Lenna’s Awakening: seems pretty strong
    - Yuna’s Holy Chain: well that goes well with the first one!

And then the weird part
    Sephiroths Glint+ ... x 3: never had that happen before. Not terribly useful since I dont have much besides weird old SBs for Sephiroth.

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darkdragoon View Post
    I'll vote for this one.

Just because I never played XI, doesn't mean it doesn't deserve a thread.

EDIT: I too pulled. Lenna AASB and Rem G+. No grand prize, but not bad.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2020-07-02 at 02:52 AM.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Titan in the Playground

Well, another day, another Summer Appreciation ticket. But before all that, daily draw... Galuf's SSB, with party critfix, major Regen, and self en-Fire!? Nice!

Thus optimistic, I turn to the banner... 2/10, one rainbow, one disco. The rainbow is Ramza's Iga Blade, the old non-Shout BSB. A dupe. The disco, however, is Seven's USB, with Ice MAG damage, Imperil Ice, and an ATK/MAG/RES Breakdown. Very nice, and also new.

Today will be a good day.

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Ogre in the Playground

This one also gets my vote. And just a fun tidbit, this thread was started on 7-25-2018. Almost 2 years ago.

The game seemingly heard me complain about getting useless Glints. My ticket pull was Squall Fire USB and Ingus AOSB.

Still not enough to have Squall go fire (Have his Ice AASB, AOSB, USB 1+2; and fire is an already overcrowded element), but at least the glint isn't completely useless now.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?

Steam Profile

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Titan in the Playground

Ugh. Getting walled on Liquid Flame magicite - I have no major water tech here, can't ride on an Awakening or spam-Entrust an OSB. Might actually have to shell out the Orbs to make enough Water abilities for whole-party DPS contribution.

Edit: Threw a Realm/Element ticket at Water in hopes of getting an easy way out. Got an LMR for Rikku, a neat USB for Lunafreya (Summon attack, enWater, restores Summon ability uses, Summons grant Quickcast to the same row, and chase every other Summon cast.. that might do it, once I actually pick her up and level her..) and a USB for Edge. Which is just Eblan Doppleganger with water/poison attacks pinned on. Back to the XP mines, I guess.
    Last edited by tyckspoon; 2020-07-02 at 03:21 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1481

Free draw was dupe dupe LMR.

At least the LMR I’ll actually use, Emperor double cast.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, made it through Liquid Flame! Had to level Edge and Rydia (Water/Holy summoning BSB), made it through with them on DPS supplemented with Steiner's OSB and spellblade hits; thankfully Liquid Flame can also effectively be attacked with Ice as long as you can dance around or he stays out of the Hand form. Kind of ugly fight, ~41 second clear with a couple deaths, but got it done. Opened up Holy and Dark. As expected utterly trashed Shadow Dragon; this will probably be my go-to for clearing the daily/weekly/etc 'beat X Magicite dungeons' while working on getting reliable clears in higher levels. Let's see how Mist Dragon goes.. Cid Raines Metamorphosis and DK Cecil's.. Awakening, USB, and BSB. Huh. When did I get that much stuff for him..? Well, should be able to get through with this.

Edit - annd.. clear Mist Dragon. Just missed sub-30 on it due to not quite having the DPS to push past the last mist-form; it ducked an AOSB that would have finished it off.
    Last edited by tyckspoon; 2020-07-02 at 08:04 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1483

BardGuy

I found Mist considerably easier than Shadow, but of course a lot depends on your team and what they have.

2/11 on banner 3. Yuna's chain has been helpful immediately, the glint I got is not bad per se, but pretty much anything else would have been a better fit.
    I'm still kind of looking at 5 and I definitely want to hit the awakening pick. The random sync draw is seeming more and more like a reach, but it's still a few days away.

On that note, Ark is mastered.

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Titan in the Playground

I found Mist considerably easier than Shadow, but of course a lot depends on your team and what they have.

2/11 on banner 3. Yuna's chain has been helpful immediately, the glint I got is not bad per se, but pretty much anything else would have been a better fit.
    I'm still kind of looking at 5 and I definitely want to hit the awakening pick. The random sync draw is seeming more and more like a reach, but it's still a few days away.

On that note, Ark is mastered.
    The DPS on my best team is basically all Knights with Holy soulbreaks, lead by Beatrix with the +Holy artifact, +Holy armor, her Legend board materia (more +Holy, chance to dualcast Knight), and her Awakening, which Imperils Holy on entry. I also have her USB with a chase, but so far very little lives long enough to get that built up in addition to the Awakening. Secondary DPS is Firion, who is.. not quite as stacked, but also has his Awakening and a USB that works well with it. Double or triple cast Assault Sabers from multiple users so far have shredded most anything that's Holy vulnerable; the tougher ones survive long enough for Ramza to Shout and Firion to get his Awakening on, the weaker ones just disintegrate to Beatrix. (The even tougher ones kill me anyways because I don't have the survivability/speed of action set up just yet to get the full buff/support suite going to enable Beatrix to fully unleash against very high defense scores. Arranging a few magicite decks should hopefully help out there, and there's probably some fights I just need to slow-roll the first rounds letting Bea and Firion build gauge until they can get Woke + USB + Shout + Chain support all synced up.)
    Last edited by tyckspoon; 2020-07-02 at 08:44 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    The DPS on my best team is basically all Knights with Holy soulbreaks, lead by Beatrix with the +Holy artifact, +Holy armor, her Legend board materia (more +Holy, chance to dualcast Knight), and her Awakening, which Imperils Holy on entry.
    Yeah. Part of the problem is exactly that, gearing the right characters for the job. The challenge with Mist, for example, is having the Dark-element abilities - and the characters to use them. At low levels, you may not have good DRK abilities, which basically limits you to BLM abilities like Darkga. You also may not have the SBs to make them worthwhile. That gets harder when you get to higher-star magicites as well. Shadow, by contrast, is pretty straightforward if you can put together a solid team of Knights, and honestly that kind of arrangement will pretty much carry you (with minor tweaks) through all of the Dark-element magicites. Except, of course, the one that expects Holy MAG instead of Holy PHY, no I'm not salty about that.

Yes, I'm still working my way through 5-stars. No, I'm not there yet. No, I just said I wasn't salty about that.

EDIT: Banner 4 time! 3/11, all disco! First up, Tellah's Awakening. Great, but a dupe. Second, Rinoa's Awakening. Also excellent, and new! And third...

... that's no disco ball.

I have Rinoa's Sync now. Eee.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2020-07-03 at 08:06 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    EDIT: Banner 4 time! 3/11, all disco! First up, Tellah's Awakening. Great, but a dupe. Second, Rinoa's Awakening. Also excellent, and new! And third...

... that's no disco ball.

I have Rinoa's Sync now. Eee.
    Hey, me too! Plus Tellah's Earth Chain and some random glint. 2/11 excellent tools (I previously had nothing major for Ice.. interesting that the Sync abilities on Rinoa are Witch, tho, almost all her other stuff supports Black. ..huh. Ok the random Glint was Serah, which means I have both her Glint and Glint+ for Ice.. but no other Soulbreaks. Hmm. Might be worth lensing her Imperil-entry BSB or the radiant shield-Ice USB.)
    Last edited by tyckspoon; 2020-07-03 at 11:35 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1487

BardGuy

Madeen mastered. Still runs afoul of some things but going with an Entrust setup and focusing on Raines and Golbez worked better.

Not as useful trying a similar strategy on Typhon. I will probably try it on Adamantoise as well if only to try and get missions out of the way.

18. - Top - End - #1488
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    Hey, me too! Plus Tellah's Earth Chain and some random glint. 2/11 excellent tools (I previously had nothing major for Ice.. interesting that the Sync abilities on Rinoa are Witch, tho, almost all her other stuff supports Black. ..huh. Ok the random Glint was Serah, which means I have both her Glint and Glint+ for Ice.. but no other Soulbreaks. Hmm. Might be worth lensing her Imperil-entry BSB or the radiant shield-Ice USB.)
    It's actually kind of frustrating for me, because this is her Ice Sync, and currently she holds my Ice MAG Chain. And honestly, now I don't know what to do about that - do I have her bring her Sync, and ignore the Chain, or do I focus on the Chain first, and potentially miss out on her Sync?

I guess I'll have to figure that one out. In any event, last Summer Appreciation draw! 3/10, all disco!
    • Mako Katana: Sephiroth's USB. This is showing its age - the En-Dark is nice, the +ATK is nice, the -DEF/RES is rubbish, and... that's it. No quickcasting, no critfixing, no any other stuff you'd expect in a USB. Oh, and it's a dupe, too.
    • Galuf's Guise: Galuf's AOSB. The 3-hit model, Earth flavor. Very nice. And new!
    • Tycoon Staff: Lenna's Awakening. Brand spanking new! I think this might be the first WHT Awakening I've gotten, I'd have to check that. This is a very nice total package - 0CT medica, Raise, Guts, Shield, and Haste. And the Awoken mode quickcasts WHT and adds a rank-based medica chaser. I am particularly happy about this. Much more reliable than Aerith's RNG LRMs.

Today is a good day for some reason.

19. - Top - End - #1489

Chains, Awakenings... I'm jealous

Still, grats!

This fest has been kind of bunk for me. Granted I only made 1 pull on banner 3. I *might* make another one, if I can scrounge up another 4 mythril.

Also, still need to beat 1 more Omega. 'dose HAs

EDIT: Yeah, I'll do some battles I've put off, get those last blues so I can do another pull on banner 3 before it goes away. Looking at 4 and 5, way too many dupes.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2020-07-04 at 09:46 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

20. - Top - End - #1490
    Ogre in the Playground

A few updates on my end:

Final Free Fest draw was 2/11:

Rajin USB - Lightning radiant shield. Nice.
    CoD CSB!!! - This will pair very nicely with my Cid Raines AASB I pulled earlier, and gives me a gen 2 magic chain for dark.

On the magicite end, after a stupid amount of Phoenix kills, and my entire stock of 900+ major Arcana, my 5* deck is getting very close to completion. Need to kill Famfrit a 3 more times, farm Syldra 6 more times, then finish up inheriting the last few and it will be complete! Final product will look like:

Triple Empower
    Dampen + HP Boon
    Quetzacotl with Blade/Spell Ward*
    Madeen with HP + Mind Boon
    Madeen with 2x Attack Boon
    Madeen with 2x Magic Boon

*Chose Quetz so I always have a fast act in every deck. Normally people go for Phoenix to have the HP Boon, but since all my defensive magicites have it, I'm free to go this route.
    Last edited by Antonok; 2020-07-04 at 11:55 AM.

Steam Profile

21. - Top - End - #1491

Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
    Friendly reminder to everyone:

As you may have noticed, we're approaching the 50-page mark. (Finally!) Being that we're on the trimestral fest session and the return of posters has motivated a lot of activity, it'd be wise to start posting the suggestions for the new thread. As usual, the winner should be allowed to post the new thread, hopefully updating the content on the first page. Also as a reminder - this will be the twelfth thread, but it's most likely we'll go for "XI" just to keep on with the numbering. (Unless you agree to skip XI because it's a MMO? Otherwise, we should have FF Tactics accounted for... Who'd hav thought the sequel to X would last so long, guys!?)
    A few updates on my end:

Final Free Fest draw was 2/11:

Rajin USB - Lightning radiant shield. Nice.
    CoD CSB!!! - This will pair very nicely with my Cid Raines AASB I pulled earlier, and gives me a gen 2 magic chain for dark.

On the magicite end, after a stupid amount of Phoenix kills, and my entire stock of 900+ major Arcana, my 5* deck is getting very close to completion. Need to kill Famfrit a 3 more times, farm Syldra 6 more times, then finish up inheriting the last few and it will be complete! Final product will look like:

Triple Empower
    Dampen + HP Boon
    Quetzacotl with Blade/Spell Ward*
    Madeen with HP + Mind Boon
    Madeen with 2x Attack Boon
    Madeen with 2x Magic Boon

*Chose Quetz so I always have a fast act in every deck. Normally people go for Phoenix to have the HP Boon, but since all my defensive magicites have it, I'm free to go this route.

And on a final note, we're fast approaching page 51 (within 10 posts), and seeing as only one title submitted got any votes at all...

NEW THREAD
    I don't suppose it's too late to delete the linked thread and, as iirc we collectively agreed upon several threads ago, let darkdragoon have the honor of making the new thread.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

22. - Top - End - #1492
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    I don't suppose it's too late to delete the linked thread and, as iirc we collectively agreed upon several threads ago, let darkdragoon have the honor of making the new thread.
    I can ask a mod to delete it, but due to how close this thread is to being locked (8 more posts before auto lock) and the (in)frequency of posts, I just went ahead and created it.

Steam Profile

23. - Top - End - #1493

I can ask a mod to delete it, but due to how close this thread is to being locked (8 more posts before auto lock) and the (in)frequency of posts, I just went ahead and created it.
    Oh snap, down to 7!

And reasonable, reasonable.

@darkdragoon, we beseech you! You've posted regularly recently. You get the honor of making the new thread, since your submission won.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

24. - Top - End - #1494
    Ogre in the Playground

Progress! Sweet sweet progress! Lightning weak Dark Odin down in 25.20s!

I've been trying to beat Lightning weak Omega for a bit now and, turns out, he's harder than Odin was.

Anyhow, one down. 4 more to go for those tasty omni-resist accessories*. Trying to decide if I want to try Holy or Wind weak next.

Spoiler: Warning: Stacked Team used
    Show

Tyro - Wrath/Entrust - Wall Glint+/USB3 - Dr Mog
    Aerith - Dispel/Curada - AASB/USB2 - Mako Might
    Prompto - Plasma Shock - CSB/USB - Battleforged
    Noctis - Cyclone Bolt/ Impulse Dive - AASB/AOSB2 - Bolt from Above
    Lightning - Ripping Plasma/Running Start - Sync - Scholar's Boon

*I really only need 4 total. Not sure why anyone wouldn't use the major resist ones.

Edit: 6 posts left to go.
    Last edited by Antonok; 2020-07-05 at 10:34 AM.

Steam Profile

25. - Top - End - #1495

Progress! Sweet sweet progress! Lightning weak Dark Odin down in 25.20s!

I've been trying to beat Lightning weak Omega for a bit now and, turns out, he's harder than Odin was.

Anyhow, one down. 4 more to go for those tasty omni-resist accessories*. Trying to decide if I want to try Holy or Wind weak next.

Spoiler: Warning: Stacked Team used
    Show

Tyro - Wrath/Entrust - Wall Glint+/USB3 - Dr Mog
    Aerith - Dispel/Curada - AASB/USB2 - Mako Might
    Prompto - Plasma Shock - CSB/USB - Battleforged
    Noctis - Cyclone Bolt/ Impulse Dive - AASB/AOSB2 - Bolt from Above
    Lightning - Ripping Plasma/Running Start - Sync - Scholar's Boon

*I really only need 4 total. Not sure why anyone wouldn't use the major resist ones.

Edit: 6 posts left to go.
    Big grats! Wow that is stacked.

I attempted Lightning weak Omega, and discovered Kain dps alone does not suffice. Going to try again before too long.

And huh, Omega’s stronger in this case? For the few I beat, I’d definitely consider Odin stronger. Ya never know. It’s really that phase 3 that makes Odin such a pain imo.

Also, I did end up doing a other pull on banner 3. Got Yuna CSB. Not bad, but I don’t see her replacing the spoony bard.

And 5 posts to go.

... think I’ll go to edits rather than new posts after this.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

26. - Top - End - #1496
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Big grats! Wow that is stacked.

I attempted Lightning weak Omega, and discovered Kain dps alone does not suffice. Going to try again before too long.

And huh, Omega’s stronger in this case? For the few I beat, I’d definitely consider Odin stronger. Ya never know. It’s really that phase 3 that makes Odin such a pain imo.

Also, I did end up doing a other pull on banner 3. Got Yuna CSB. Not bad, but I don’t see her replacing the spoony bard.

And 5 posts to go.

... think I’ll go to edits rather than new posts after this.
    In this case, Omega has a few tricks Odin doesn't have: Dispel mid fight, Damage Reflect, removes imperil a LOT faster.

Like seriously, how is it I have Prompto with DC LMR, Imperil chance LM, Plasma Shock, USB, AND Quetz magicite and I still barely manage to keep 1 stack of imperil on him??? ****'s broken I tell ya.

4 posts to go. I'll probably switch to editing too.
    Last edited by Antonok; 2020-07-05 at 11:24 AM.

Steam Profile

27. - Top - End - #1497
    Troll in the Playground

So do magicite effects stack? Like using two Evrae which both have empower holy 15 abd attack boon 15, are these redundant or is it useful to have two? Or should I be trying to get one of each boon among all the magicites?

Also I managed to get my FF IV Historia crystals to level 50 and broke its cap and holy crap its cast effect is strong. Seems much better than the magicites I currently have. Am I missing something here? Do all those boon buffs make a much bigger difference (I mean the historia crystal has a bunch too but they are lower values it seems).

28. - Top - End - #1498

BardGuy

They do stack but additional copies are basically halved. So 20+15 is roughly 28. Crystals and the 6* magicites also have a trick in that they have passives that are combined into each other.

Also, new thread is up.