New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Default Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

Welcome to the Second Tenth thread of Final Fantasy Record Keeper!

For those of you just joining us, Final Fantasy Record Keeper is a free-to-play freemium game for mobile devices. Like many similar games, the main goal is to collect and power up 16-bit versions of characters from Final Fantasy games 1 through XIV (including sequels such as Final Fantasy X-2, Final Fantasy IV: the After Years or the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII), as well as some spin-offs (World of Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy Tactics) and even collaborations with other Final Fantasy products (Final Fantasy Mobius and Brass de Bravo). You then train up your characters, get equipment for them, acquire abilities, and battle through dungeons that retell the plot of various Final Fantasy games.

If you're only just starting out, it's a game that requires patience but rewards it. Realm Dungeons provide a fixed stream of characters, resources, and challenges, and roughly once per week are supplemented by unique Event Dungeons that highlight a particular game in the franchise. If you've caught up on that, Daily Dungeons provide a rotating smorgasboard of farming opportunities, and the deadly Nightmare Dungeons, Mote Dungeons and Torment Dungeons open periodically for the boldest challengers. And perhaps if you get strong enough, you may one day be able to challenge the mythical Magicite realms. While it'll take some time to catch up to long-time players, the rewards from past events recur frequently, and in some ways you're even coming out ahead thanks to the better gear opportunities available nowadays!

Equipment is based off of a lottery powered by the game's free currency (Mythril) or real money (Gems), though these days it's a fairly generous one. The game is completely playable without paying a cent, with a steady stream of opportunities for free-to-play players and gambling addicts alike. And crucially, no characters are trapped behind a paywall. It's a game that's simple enough to pick up and enjoy, but with tons of ongoing content and challenges to keep you playing and Final Fantasy nostalgia packed into every bit.

Happy hunting!

Spoiler: Playgrounder's Friend Codes
    Show
    danzibr: vP9F
    Greg_S: fr4D
    Maryring: SfTe
    Merlin the Tuna: HdxF
    Morbis Meh: Qxp6
    Oxybe: Hw6d
    Red Fel: ofdd
    Slayn82: uEoY
    SlyGuyMcFly: Sgv2
    spectralphoenix:HwW2
    Starwulf: GUtu
    SuperPanda: 3Lkv
    Hunter Noventa: Bwbo
    T.G. Oskar: Gm7h

FFRK Subreddit
    The Great PDF of Overwhelming Knowledge
    Upcoming Events
    Oxybe's Spreadsheet of Planning
    Skyfire's Record Dive Database
    Enlir's Database

Last edited by spectralphoenix; 2018-07-25 at 07:15 PM.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

First: lost the chance to say "Welcome to the sequel thread to the tenth Final Fantasy Record Keeper thread!" That said, it's a very respectable second choice.

Second: looking back at the very first thread, and it seems only Starwulf is the true veteran of this game, as he's part of the very first expedition of Playgrounders to the Record Archives, back on the days where there were no 6* relics or abilities, you could only use one Soul Break (and it was limited to uniques!), level cap was 50, no Magicites, no Record Spheres or Legend Spheres, and you didn't knew the HP of bosses (which made fighting Baigan a nightmare!). Unless one of you guys changed your name...
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Haha, second tenth, I like it :P

Also, for friend codes, that's my old one. My new one is vP9F.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Here we go again. I still need to beat all the Nightmares. Bleh. Too much FGO lately to play this more than the daily 3 fights.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    Here we go again. I still need to beat all the Nightmares. Bleh. Too much FGO lately to play this more than the daily 3 fights.
    To be fair, unless there's an event going on, I rarely do more than my three daily fights anyway.

Although, lately I have been inspired to knock around a few Magicites again. Still no progress on Fenrir, though. A bit reluctant to bring a brute force PHY team (although it worked for Golem), but that's my best Ice damage.

Also: No (Portable) tag on the thread?
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Now that he's getting mostly repeatable I smacked Bismarck around a couple times to get the missions out of the way.
    Forgot to try liquid flame again but i probably still need more stuff (and/or orbs)
    Hydra is getting closer but still lacking.
    Golem I might have to just level Alph and Barbi, or perhaps sort out more characters to feed the spiky hair big sword duo.

Finally got all the rewards on Cuchulainn 240 so I figured I'd try 280. Nope.

7. - Top - End - #7

Ha, love the Second Tenth bit.
    Merlin the Tuna

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

I love that subtitle. Anyway, what is everyone looking forward to, non-event banner-wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by u/s_SoNick
    Dr Mog: Hey, spiffy new threads you got there Tyro.

Tyro: Pie jesu domine smacks book against forehead Dona eis requiem

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by Jurai View Post
    I love that subtitle. Anyway, what is everyone looking forward to, non-event banner-wise.
    Notta clue, man.

All I know is my mage team is weak sauce.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

10. - Top - End - #10

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Haha, second tenth, I like it :P

Also, for friend codes, that's my old one. My new one is vP9F.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Also: No (Portable) tag on the thread?
    Fixed and added!

While we're on the subject, is there anything else that should be added/changed in the title post? I think the description of the state of the game is still pretty much accurate, though I suppose the new Torments are more mythic than at least the 3* magicites.

Speaking of, I should probably give the new Torments a try. Not terribly optimistic about my chances, though - besides Agrias and Ramza I don't actually have a lot of good FFT stuff.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

and the crystl tower is as done as I'm gonna get it. My best lightning team couldn't last long enough against mateus.

Team magic dark against holy dragon was fun. Yay Relm USB (partyy heal instacast USBs with nice riders are nice). And Cloud of Darkness' damage reflect did good work.

Also, using the "reload" button lets you retry a fight without retreating and breaking the Cid Mission. Sapphire weapon took me a lot of reloads with my ice team. I shoulda 2-healered it and thus been able to bring Shellga.

12. - Top - End - #12

Quote Originally Posted by huttj509 View Post
    Also, using the "reload" button lets you retry a fight without retreating and breaking the Cid Mission. Sapphire weapon took me a lot of reloads with my ice team. I shoulda 2-healered it and thus been able to bring Shellga.
    The reload button is super handy, but that's actually not how the Crystal Tower missions work! You're allowed to cancel out of an individual fight to rejigger your party as much as you want. The "Complete [x] fights without retreating" mission refers to retreating from the entire tower in order to re-use a character that helped to clear a different boss.

Hopefully I kept that somewhat clear. They really should not use "Retreat" to describe such totally different things, but feh.

In other news, I mentioned before that I snagged Ramza's LMR1 and Ovelia's USB just before the FFT banner closed, and I was correct that those were absolute game changers. I went from 69% damage dealt vs. D$$$ Choo Choo, to 93%. And I didn't get abruptly wiped at 93%, I just ran out of hones. For everybody. Even Orlandu with his R5 Assault Sabre/R4 Assault Sabre loadout. So it looks like LDing either Agrias or Marche will take me over the finish line for a full clear, probably in around 45 seconds. The question is just which one.

Marche's LM2 (doublecast) seems better than Agrias's (chance of minor imperil). On the other hand, I've got Marche's LMR, so diving him means I'm ONLY adding his LM2, whereas diving Agrias means I'm getting the boost of both an LM1 and an LM2. I've also just got more stuff for Agrias - SSB2, BSB, OSB versus Marche's BSB. Finally, Agrias isn't a reprehensible jerk of a character.

So apparently I'm leaning towards Agrias? I'll probably need both of them dived for a sub-30 anyway (not to mention a few more top-shelf relics), so I guess it's not really a loss to dive her even if Marche's USB does somehow drop into my lap later.

Unrelated question: is my avatar showing up for people? It's loading really inconsistently for me, and I'm not really sure what to make of that.
    Last edited by Merlin the Tuna; 2018-07-25 at 09:07 PM.
    Merlin the Tuna

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin the Tuna View Post
    Hopefully I kept that somewhat clear. They really should not use "Retreat" to describe such totally different things, but feh.
    The term used to abandon the Crystal Tower is "Abort", so that'd be more descriptive.
    In other news, I mentioned before that I snagged Ramza's LMR1 and Ovelia's USB just before the FFT banner closed, and I was correct that those were absolute game changers. I went from 69% damage dealt vs. D$$$ Choo Choo, to 93%. And I didn't get abruptly wiped at 93%, I just ran out of hones. For everybody. Even Orlandu with his R5 Assault Sabre/R4 Assault Sabre loadout. So it looks like LDing either Agrias or Marche will take me over the finish line for a full clear, probably in around 45 seconds. The question is just which one.

Marche's LM2 (doublecast) seems better than Agrias's (chance of minor imperil). On the other hand, I've got Marche's LMR, so diving him means I'm ONLY adding his LM2, whereas diving Agrias means I'm getting the boost of both an LM1 and an LM2. I've also just got more stuff for Agrias - SSB2, BSB, OSB versus Marche's BSB. Finally, Agrias isn't a reprehensible jerk of a character.

So apparently I'm leaning towards Agrias? I'll probably need both of them dived for a sub-30 anyway (not to mention a few more top-shelf relics), so I guess it's not really a loss to dive her even if Marche's USB does somehow drop into my lap later.
    Marche's Dualcast means a better chance for extra damage, whereas Agrias' LM2 is not very reliable. Chances are you're using her BSB before the minor Imperil lands, so unless you build up her gauge with Holy attacks, she's not gonna add enough damage to merit diving her. Marche, on the other hand, has his BSB, which grants a boost to Knight skills - with Dualcast Knight, you can maximize that damage potential a bit better, without really losing anything.

For comparison - I got Ramza, THUNDER GOD and Agrias fully dived, and they're not really doing much for me, even with Marche having both his USB and his BSB. Ramza's LMR1 means you can use his Burst-2 pretty quick, so it's not really a point of contention to me - lack of Ovelia's USB, though, *is* a problem because I can't always heal fast enough, and Last Stand is a lifesaver. I fire up Agrias' Burst first, but that's because I want to maximize Guardbringer damage, and I often get up to Imperil lv. 2, and that's not exactly enough damage as I'd like to. And that's speaking of D280, not D'Whale!

My gut tells me - dive Marche, and if it's not enough, dive Agrias afterwards. Dualcast Knight is a much better proposal than chance of minor Imperil, and the full dive adds bonuses to Knight damage and ATK, so you end up hitting harder in the long run.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Unrelated question: is my avatar showing up for people? It's loading really inconsistently for me, and I'm not really sure what to make of that.
    I am not seeing your avatar. Maybe it's hosted somewhere unreliable?

In other news, I cleared Fenrir finally (about 48 seconds), which means I can finally go after the Dragons. And with a fully dived RAIJIN CID with BSB and OSB, Agrias with both BSBs, o'Light with his CSB and BSB, and Ramza's Shout v.2, I think I really...

Nope. Barely a noticeable scratch. Not even with Instant-KO resist accessories.

Okay, well what about Team Dark against the Mist Dragon? I have Kuja with his Imperil BSB, Seymour with same, Raines with his BSB, I think that's some Nope. Nope. Even less than Shadow Dragon.

I need to re-evaluate my strategies, it seems.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

15. - Top - End - #15

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    I am not seeing your avatar. Maybe it's hosted somewhere unreliable?
    It's on imgur, which I thought was a pretty reliable go-to? Feh.

In other news, I cleared Fenrir finally (about 48 seconds), which means I can finally go after the Dragons. And with a fully dived RAIJIN CID with BSB and OSB, Agrias with both BSBs, o'Light with his CSB and BSB, and Ramza's Shout v.2, I think I really...

Nope. Barely a noticeable scratch. Not even with Instant-KO resist accessories.
    For real? That should be a pretty solid sub-30, I think. Mako Might on Ramza + O'Light (or even Orlandu & O'Light) should provide you enough oomph to skip the Black Fang, even. What's your setup?

Speaking of annoying bosses, I managed to eke out sub-30's for D240 and D280 Torment Gilgamesh, but the latter was extremely dicey. There's just a lot to slot in, and my FF5 relics are basically "a million things for Bartz", which is not conducive to that. It doesn't help that the D$$$ strictly requires Last Stand, while the realm literally has 0 SBs that provide it. Lenna's USB2 - which is not instacast and therefore is bad and should feel bad - is the first source of it, and drops as part of tonight's banner.
    Last edited by Merlin the Tuna; 2018-07-26 at 08:55 AM.
    Merlin the Tuna

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

For real? That should be a pretty solid sub-30, I think. Mako Might on Ramza + O'Light (or even Orlandu & O'Light) should provide you enough oomph to skip the Black Fang, even. What's your setup?
    My Shadow Dragon team:
    • RAIJIN CID: Saint Cross, Assault Sabre. Holy Steel's Summit, Supreme Swordsman, Loyal Captain. OSB, BSB.
    • Queen Bea: Assault Sabre, Protectga. Warrior's Honor. BSB1, BSB2.
    • o'Light: Divine Cross, Guardbringer. Truthseeker. CSB, BSB.
    • Ramza: Banishing Strike, Divine Cross. True Hero, Dr. Mog's Teachings. Battle Cry.
    • Relm: Curada, Shellga. Mako Might. USB.

I brought Queen Bea, not Agrias, my mistake. And on review, I could probably ditch Protectga... Maybe bring De'Dia instead?

In theory, I could try diving someone (other than RAIJIN CID, who enjoys a full dive), but a lot of these dives are sub-par. Queen Bea has a W-Cast KNT, that's something, but o'Light just tanks, and the less said about Ramza the better. Besides, they're all 99 anyways.

Perhaps switching Relm's Mako Might over to o'Light, let him open with CSB, let her charge up her USB instead?

Oh, and everyone is wearing KO resist, not that it helped.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2018-07-26 at 12:55 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

My V team is pretty rubbish and Gilgamesh pretty much spanked them. Probably could have done a bit better on positioning but it's kind of like shuffling deck chairs.

Liquid Flame down, more fishies and Enki as main was the trick. Still need a lot more for a good clear time.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darkdragoon View Post
    My V team is pretty rubbish and Gilgamesh pretty much spanked them. Probably could have done a bit better on positioning but it's kind of like shuffling deck chairs.
    See, now, this frustrates me, too. I have an amazing V team. BSBs or USBs for almost everybody. If I want to go Earth, I have Galuf and Bartz covering that. If I want to go Fire, again, Galuf and Bartz, plus Krile's BSB and GILGAMESH's CSB for maximum burnage. I'm just missing one thing.

I have nothing for Lenna. I have her SSB, and that's it. My heal game in V is sorely lacking, and that means Neo Torment basically mocks me.

At least until I pull for the upcoming V event... Let's see how that goes.

19. - Top - End - #19

RedWizardGuy

Joining the thread!

Managed to beat Magicite Fenrir today, started with my usual Ice team Rinoa (CSB+BSB2), Edea (USB), OK enthrust (BSB), Laguna (USB), Selphie (USB BSB2), and did ~45secs. Switched OK, Laguna and Selphie for Shelke FD enthrust, Serah (SSB:Mag/Mnd Hastega -USB) and Deuce (BSB). Cut it to 35 secs, can't go lower. Fenrir is weird, despite having physical blinks, people have easier times sub 30 it with physical teams. Tomorrow I will finish IX event, and then deal with Golem.

For magical Wind, I have Alphinaud USB, and Bursts for Emperor, Barbaricia and Strago. Meltdown/Wind Chainga are R3, Tiamat is R4. Meanwhile, my physical Wind has Cloud and Zidane well set with USBs, BSB and RLMs. And Zack/Freya/Ricard BSBs to add a bit of extra punch, plus a few abilities at R3. Mage team certainly can clear close but not sub 30, while physical may be able to sub 30 with enough effort? We shall see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

And the V event is up, and with it, banner 1!

Y'all, I think I have to apologize - I may have already won this banner. 3/11, all disco.
    • Lenna's Healing Rod: Remember how I needed a better relic for Lenna? I now have her USB with Stoneskin and Last Stand. Sure, it's not instant-cast, but honestly, it's pretty solid, especially against Neo Torment Gil (who basically demands a Last Stand). My V team is now utterly complete.
    • Bartz's Zwill Crossblade: Yes, the guy who can never have too many BSBs gets another USB. And now I have both of them. Seriously, why have I not fully dived this guy yet?
    • Bartz's Zwill Crossblade: I don't even care that it's a dupe. Everybody uses daggers. That said, I'm wondering if I should combine it - after all, it doesn't have a +element. Thoughts for later.

I have to go dive Bartz now. And read up on how his USBs compare.

21. - Top - End - #21

Dang. Bartz gets some nice relics this banner.

Edit: well. Did 4 pulls.
    1: Krile cat hood and Faris bow.
    2: Lenna LMRx2 and Krile robe.
    3: Bartz LMR.
    4: Bartz Glint and AOSB.

Feeling good about Bartz.

Edit edit: Bartz triple cast LM, double cast LM, double cast RM, Glint, new USB looks like a wicked awesome combo.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2018-07-26 at 08:54 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Bartz USB-2. How does this compare to his USB-1? Obv worse for increasing chains, but other than that?
    Lenna Phoenix BSB, dupe
    Galuf LMR. Think it's a typo, and actually "reduce delay for 3 turns" not "remove delay for 3 turns"

23. - Top - End - #23

Figured since we started a new thread I'd post my magicite times for future reference.
    Spoiler: Magicite times
    Show

Bismark: 27.12
    Liquid Flame: 42.63
    Sea Lion: 24.33
    Fenrir: 59.08
    Golem: 41.93
    Hydra: 35.60
    Shadow Dragon: 17.18
    Mist Dragon: 19.36

Haven't attempted any 4*

I'm thinking my new Bartz AOSB is going to help immensely with some of these times.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

24. - Top - End - #24

Quote Originally Posted by huttj509 View Post
    Bartz USB-2. How does this compare to his USB-1? Obv worse for increasing chains, but other than that?
    Consensus seems to be that it's slightly worse than his USB1 but has extra utility for 5* magicite. Those all have a "crazy mode" that can only be broken out of via overflow damage, which his USB2 helpfully provides. The USB2 may also be favorable if you've got significant sources of fast/insta cast from somebody else in the party, but that's a guess on my part.

Red, I would definitely say Ramza + O'Light with Mako Might/DMT is the right call for Shadow Dragon. That should give you a metric ton of damage up front to potentially skip Black Fang. If not, just have someone plink Ramza or O'Light for some light damage. Black Fang will always hit the lowest HP% person, and the dragon's first 3 turns are basic attack -> Gravity attack -> basic attack. That makes it pretty trivial to prep a sacrifice with a single Lifesiphon or whatever.

Other suggestions: dark resist accessories are worth way more than Instant KO resist accessories for that fight. Protectga is skippable to, though Shellga is not. And instacast LMRs for Ramza, OK, or Tyro (with his USB3) will go a long way, since a faster hastega means more turns before Black Fang. Even with a totally physical party, OK BSB + LMR beats Ramza BSB2 (with no LMR) by a longshot just for that reason. A healer with Gathering Storm + Hastega may be able to split the difference a bit. Oh, and definitely plan on Ramza entrusting little scraps of meter early on if it gets an SB out faster. I think my original team called for OK to use BSB and immediately entrust Raines, since just having received 1 or 2 hits from the dragon was enough to cut a turn from Raines's buildup.

Over in Torment Town, I managed to deal 52% damage to Giga Gilgamesh, good for a nice scrap of those D$$$ rewards! That leaves me with enough rubies to buy 2 of the new abilities, and pretty close to a third. Haven't pulled the trigger yet though, since I think I'll want some of the Black Magic ones to help with the FF12 Torment coming in a couple weeks. I foresee Ashe enjoying Chain Thundaja and/or Bizarro Meltdown (whose name I'm forgetting). And my FF12 coverage is deeply weird, so a bit of extra oomph will help a lot.
    Last edited by Merlin the Tuna; 2018-07-27 at 11:39 AM.
    Merlin the Tuna

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Red, I would definitely say Ramza + O'Light with Mako Might/DMT is the right call for Shadow Dragon. That should give you a metric ton of damage up front to potentially skip Black Fang. If not, just have someone plink Ramza or O'Light for some light damage. Black Fang will always hit the lowest HP% person, and the dragon's first 3 turns are basic attack -> Gravity attack -> basic attack. That makes it pretty trivial to prep a sacrifice with a single Lifesiphon or whatever.

Other suggestions: dark resist accessories are worth way more than Instant KO resist accessories for that fight. Protectga is skippable to, though Shellga is not. And instacast LMRs for Ramza, OK, or Tyro (with his USB3) will go a long way, since a faster hastega means more turns before Black Fang. Even with a totally physical party, OK BSB + LMR beats Ramza BSB2 (with no LMR) by a longshot just for that reason. A healer with Gathering Storm + Hastega may be able to split the difference a bit. Oh, and definitely plan on Ramza entrusting little scraps of meter early on if it gets an SB out faster. I think my original team called for OK to use BSB and immediately entrust Raines, since just having received 1 or 2 hits from the dragon was enough to cut a turn from Raines's buildup.
    Took your advice, reconfigured the team. Took a big chunk out of the guy, but still no win. Revised party:
    • RAIJIN CID: Saint Cross, Assault Sabre. Holy Steel's Summit, Supreme Swordsman, Loyal Captain. OSB, BSB.
    • Queen Bea: De'Dia, Assault Sabre. Warrior's Honor. BSB2.
    • o'Light: Divine Cross, Guardbringer. Mako Might. CSB.
    • Ramza: Banishing Strike, Saint Cross. True Hero, Dr. Mog's Teachings. BSB2.
    • Relm: Curada, Shellga. Healer's Prayer II. USB.

De'Dia is basically a place-saver; it's pretty much useless. About one in three times, I'm able to get enough damage off fast enough to avoid the Black Fang phase. Once he starts spamming, however, my heals can't quite keep up. I'm pondering swapping Relm out for a healer with an offensive BSB, like Minwu. At least that would add to the Holy chain.

In other news, I'mma take a crack at Neo Torment Gil, with a fire-optimized V team. My team:
    • GILGAMESH: Smoldering Moon, Warring Flame. Hero's Kindness, Dr. Mog's Teachings. CSB.
    • Bartz: Blazing Quadstrike, Blazing Quadstrike. Twinstrike Champion, Tempered Spellblade, Spellblade Master. USB1.
    • Galuf: Burning Rush, Fires Within. Priceless Experience, Keeper of the Old Ways. BSB1.
    • Krile: Chain Firaga, Meltdown. Forbidden Arts II. BSB.
    • Lenna: Curada, Protectga. Mako Might. USB.

I have no idea how necessary SUP is in this fight, so I'm just going all-in on Fire DPS to complement Gil's CSB. Everyone has W-cast, everyone has multi-hit attacks, I have an Imperil and a bunch of explosive stuff. We'll see how well this works.

EDIT: Not great, but not terribly, that's how it works. Managed to deal in excess of 60%, that's not bad. Also learned a few things. Things like "CSBs don't stack with the realm chain," and "For crying out loud, bring a dispel." Under the circumstances, I'm probably going to change my strategy just a tad, but it seems to work reasonably well so far.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2018-07-27 at 12:59 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Been a bit so update time! Finished all the acolyte books finally, though yet to choose many relics. Also slowly been chipping away at the nightmares. And added 2 more to the 'Done' list today. Got Rydia with OSB and Garnet with BSB to 99 and threw in Ace for good measure and took down both Neo Bahamut and Vali.

With my new 'don't touch any orb unless absolutely necessary' I'm taking on this account, I decided to splurge and made 6 R3 copies of Valefor, and one R2 copy of Ifrit, Ramuh, and Shiva. Almost certainly overkill, but it got the job done on both nightmares with Rydia's OSB dealing with weak phases (hindsight says Garnet's BSB sucks).

With those 2, that brings to needing Reraise, Quadruple Foul, Northern Cross, Meltdown, Curada, Afflic Break, and Dervish. Reraise and Curada are going to be interesting as I don't have a lot in the way of white magic or leveled healers. The rest shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Edit: Also did a 3 pull on the V banner and got Bartz' LMR. Have his Water BSB and OSB so he solidly cements himself on team water with Paine USB as secondary.

... I'm going to need to hone a lot of spellblades

Edit2: All but Reraise and Curada are done. And curada I can probably cheese with summons.
    Last edited by Antonok; 2018-07-27 at 07:37 PM.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

27. - Top - End - #27

Nice progress!

For the 2 white magic nightmares I used a Minwu BSB2 RW. It dealt damage and had a damage command. Plowed through the baddies.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Nice progress!

For the 2 white magic nightmares I used a Minwu BSB2 RW. It dealt damage and had a damage command. Plowed through the baddies.
    Managed to do it with just Tyro and Aerith as DPS with Holy and De'Dia, Mog as healer, and Rydia/Ace with summons. Champion on both.

And with Nightmares done, on to magicite! I have 2 strong teams in Wind and Ice so... Fenrir dead at 28:42.

Spoiler: Team
    Show

Ramza - Wrath/Entrust - Shout - MM
    Snow - Lifesiphon/Icicle Rush - CSB - Dr Mogs
    Squall - Lifesiphon/SSS - USB2/AOSB - Scholar's Boon
    Sora - Lifesiphon/SSS - USB - Faith in the Light
    Aerith - Curaja/Protectga - USB - Gathering Storm

Ramza has LMR, Squall and Sora are fully dived. Went roughly how you'd think it would. Could of probably cleared it a bit quicker but both copies of SSS are only R2.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

29. - Top - End - #29

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    Managed to do it with just Tyro and Aerith as DPS with Holy and De'Dia, Mog as healer, and Rydia/Ace with summons. Champion on both.

And with Nightmares done, on to magicite! I have 2 strong teams in Wind and Ice so... Fenrir dead at 28:42.

Spoiler: Team
    Show

Ramza - Wrath/Entrust - Shout - MM
    Snow - Lifesiphon/Icicle Rush - CSB - Dr Mogs
    Squall - Lifesiphon/SSS - USB2/AOSB - Scholar's Boon
    Sora - Lifesiphon/SSS - USB - Faith in the Light
    Aerith - Curaja/Protectga - USB - Gathering Storm

Ramza has LMR, Squall and Sora are fully dived. Went roughly how you'd think it would. Could of probably cleared it a bit quicker but both copies of SSS are only R2.
    Wow man, that’s really good progress! I think Fenrir is my slowest/worst right now.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Did a few moves here and there, and managed to bear D280 Papa Nurgle.

The big change here was to have Marche use Assault Saber, and have Orlandeau use...Earth Saber. Might do a switch again, but the idea is that two Sabers are better than one, and since I don't want to double-down on Knight Sabers only for this, might as well take advantage of the omni-weakness of Papa Nurgle.

Did it in around 35s, which is pretty good IMO. Will definitely check for certainty.
    On Lawful Good: