New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

Well, remember when I said that my Daily Draws sucked until I got a dupe of Beatrix's Ultima Blade? And how I moaned that this Happy Gacha sucked? And how I failed my beloved Terra on Banner 2 of the AutumnFest? You know, all that rage against the RNGods?

Well, it seems the RNGods got someone to hold their beer. I mean...what are the chances of a back-to-back Disco, followed by a 5*, in the last 5 days, on the Daily Draw? I mean, I'll probably get sucky Daily Draw rolls and fail to get Paladin!Cecil's Paladin Wall on the next LD, but it's pretty surprising to see three straight days getting rainbows and Discos on the Daily Draw. After all the Mythril I spent.

So yeah: Thursday, I make my Daily Draw, and what do I get? One DISCO, which wasn't a dupe.
    • Papalymo's Lilith Rod Zeta! Hey look, Hot Potato wants to dethrone the Fire Goddess! ...Nope, not gonna happen. I mean, I'll admit that Potato has the same BSB as Terra (at least, her BSB2), plus it has Ley Lines, but he...lacks some of the things that make her so powerful. Like her EnFire USB. Or her Trance. Or her Glint. So, he's playing second fiddle. That said, he'll probably be quintessential in the battle against the 5* Ice Magicite.

Then, I make the roll today (as in, before 4 AM, so still Friday for purposes of the game), and what do I get? A 5*, which wasn't a dupe.
    • Marche's Defender! AKA: Genocide Kid plays the healer. It's hilarious, because one of the things it offers is, believe it or not, Esuna. It also offers %-based heal (hey look, same as Ramza! What a copycat!). That said, this is probably one of the better pulls I got from the Daily Draw, because it's perfect against the likes of Papa Nurgle - Neo Torment likes to play with status effects? How about the same effect as Enkidu (pretty much the same, actually), on someone who can get high SB gauge, and who's basically a glorified supporter? Least expected addition, but still interesting to see.
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darkdragoon View Post
    A minimalist clear would pretty much need:

1 Healer
    1 Damage Dealer
    3 Wrath/Entrust to feed the other two, buffs etc.

Shelke and/or Morrow can help there as you don't really need any of their relics, just motes to dive for the Haste and instant cast start.
    Onion Knight is more involved (at the very least you want his LMR) but is way more versatile.

Personally I have Rosa and Edge on pretty much every team. Ramza on all the physical heavy ones. Golem is my sticking point right now, although it seems like one relic away.
    Same.

For most teams I have

1 Healer (Elarra)
    2 Buffer/Entrustbot (Ramza, sometimes 2 of these)
    3 Damage Dealer (up to 3 of them)

I actually have all 3* Magicites beaten. Think I'm about ready for 4*. I tried a couple with no success though, whenever I do win one it'll be close.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

3. - Top - End - #273
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Golem is down but only managed Expert. And now it seems my dark and holy teams weren't quite as ready for prime time as I thought they were. Well, some of that was bad timing around the mist form.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Golem is down but only managed Expert. And now it seems my dark and holy teams weren't quite as ready for prime time as I thought they were. Well, some of that was bad timing around the mist form.
    I found the holy and dark magicite bosses to be a step up from the others.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by huttj509 View Post
    I found the holy and dark magicite bosses to be a step up from the others.
    Same. Still haven't beaten 'em, either.

Speaking of, in addition to the next IV banner up, we've got a Dark Boost banner. It's not an LD, but I'mma pull anyway, even though it feels like a trap...

2/11! My prizes are Kuja's LMR, which grants Dark Resist as an item and En-Dark as an LM, and Exdeath's USB, which is awesome and a dupe for me.

So, yeah. Totally a trap. Hope your pulls go better, folks.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

6. - Top - End - #276

Bum pull :(

I’m other news, tried a 4* for the first time in a while. Got Marilith down in 27 seconds. Hurrah.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

pulled on the type-0 5 mythril pull.

Machina USB. En-Earth, fastcast spellblade with a multihit chaser, phys/mag blink 2, but ends when he takes damage.

You know what Machina, I have Bartz, Galuf, Dorgann, Ingus, for physical earth damage. Cinque, I could find a place for. Machina? Not so much.

8. - Top - End - #278

Quote Originally Posted by huttj509 View Post
    pulled on the type-0 5 mythril pull.

Machina USB. En-Earth, fastcast spellblade with a multihit chaser, phys/mag blink 2, but ends when he takes damage.

You know what Machina, I have Bartz, Galuf, Dorgann, Ingus, for physical earth damage. Cinque, I could find a place for. Machina? Not so much.
    RoP draw, eh? Bummer, bad draw.

Got Marilith down to 25.94. Requires a bit of luck, she can't cast her second Firaga before I get DG up. But a few S/Ls leads to an otherwise smooth fight.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

9. - Top - End - #279
    Troll in the Playground

Got my first real item from the free daily draw yesterday, Cid Garlond's SSB Goggles. not spectacular, but you can't beat free.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

10. - Top - End - #280

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    Got my first real item from the free daily draw yesterday, Cid Garlond's SSB Goggles. not spectacular, but you can't beat free.
    Yay free stuff!

I can beat Marilith 100% of the time now. Gotta farm day magicite.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

My takeaway from the patch notes:

Elemental resistance buffs/debuffs are now on a 1-6 scale instead of + 1 1+ 2 2+ 3.

You can sort the vault more easily.

Record Materias that were "chance to unlock while using X" are more likely to unlock, and ones that required a specific realm/stage as well now just require character (cloud, for example).

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

DU is up, and you know what that means... It's time to be disappointed by a DU LD!

My pull, 1/11, rainbow. Lightning's Enkindler, her BSB2 with Imperil Lightning... Which is a dupe for me.

Hope you have more luck with your pulls than I did, folks.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    DU is up, and you know what that means... It's time to be disappointed by a DU LD!

My pull, 1/11, rainbow. Lightning's Enkindler, her BSB2 with Imperil Lightning... Which is a dupe for me.

Hope you have more luck with your pulls than I did, folks.
    I got King's USB for doublecast machinist.

But hey, 6* lightning boosting gun.

14. - Top - End - #284

BardGuy

LD 3/11- nothing really high on the list but better stats.

We got the 5* Water a bit ahead of schedule.
    Fat Chocobo has more accessories, the Necrophobe one is particularly interesting for torment.
    We're getting the Phantom Train event for Halloween, which is early but makes a whole lot more sense.
    We may get some truncated form of the WoFF stuff.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Got me a new phone, a Motorola, with a larger screen, fast charger and twice the battery. And the game is running so smoothly it made me shed tears of joy. There's a minor issue with the sound sometimes, but just watching the stages running under 20 seconds, from the usual minute and a bit, made my interest in playing the game surge.

Did a few 100 Gem pulls, only got Barbaricia's RLM. Then got 3 Discos on the Realm LD: Ace's OSB, Cinque's OSB, and Vanille's Ultra mk2 - the Last Stand. All right up on my alley.

Happy pulls for all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slayn82 View Post
    Got me a new phone, a Motorola, with a larger screen, fast charger and twice the battery. And the game is running so smoothly it made me shed tears of joy. There's a minor issue with the sound sometimes, but just watching the stages running under 20 seconds, from the usual minute and a bit, made my interest in playing the game surge.

Did a few 100 Gem pulls, only got Barbaricia's RLM. Then got 3 Discos on the Realm LD: Ace's OSB, Cinque's OSB, and Vanille's Ultra mk2 - the Last Stand. All right up on my alley.

Happy pulls for all.
    Grats, but Conk has an Ultra, not an Overstrike.

Source: I completed her and King on their debut banner.
    Last edited by Jurai; 2018-10-12 at 05:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by u/s_SoNick
    Dr Mog: Hey, spiffy new threads you got there Tyro.

Tyro: Pie jesu domine smacks book against forehead Dona eis requiem

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

So after not logging in (or having any real desire to) since banner 3 of the fest, I logged in last night, looked at all the event stuff and... nothing. Had no desire to do any of it. Decided it was time and uninstalled the game.

The direction the game went with magicite, torment 2.0, and doubling down on speed meta isn't fun for me. Was a good run, but alas we must part ways.

Here's hoping Opera Omnia has some staying power to it.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

18. - Top - End - #288

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jurai View Post
    Grats, but Conk has an Ultra, not an Overstrike.

Source: I completed her and King on their debut banner.
    You're right. Woops.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    The direction the game went with magicite, torment 2.0, and doubling down on speed meta isn't fun for me. Was a good run, but alas we must part ways.

Sorry to see you go. Have fun, and God Bless ye.
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

19. - Top - End - #289

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    So after not logging in (or having any real desire to) since banner 3 of the fest, I logged in last night, looked at all the event stuff and... nothing. Had no desire to do any of it. Decided it was time and uninstalled the game.

Aww :(

Well, cya later!
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

Really - after all the salty pulls and the long streak of nothing on the Daily Draw, it seems the Daily Draw is giving me better stuff than regular pulls!

Case in point: the most recent Realm LD. Which, as you may very well be aware, will be the last Realm Lucky Draw we'll ever get. From now on, we get actual Realm Draws, which are essentially permanent. And...something about first pull being the same as a 3-pull. Anyways...

I make the pull, thinking, "hey, maybe THIS will be the chance I get the Paladin Wall? Or maybe Snow's Ice Chain? Or...better yet...something else for Snow that isn't his longcoat?" Well, it seems the wish-o-meter got it entirely wrong, because...guess what I got?

2/11, no Disco, and...one dupe.
    • Snow's Longcoat. Seriously, Snow: you want to be used more!? Start giving me the good stuff! The chain, the Burst...anything else! But no - I get the LMR armor. Again. *sigh* And here I was hoping you'd stop being such a loser...
    • Porom's Zeus Mace! The non-dupe. For some reason, I'm getting at least one relic for pretty much everyone in Team IV except for...Yang, Edge (no USB0, sadly), the Fiends (Ruby Picante and Barbie Ricci; no news about Scarface Malone and Carl Ignatz), and ...that's about it? Oh wait, Ceodore. Poor kid. Anyways, this is the second Burst Medica for Team IV, and the...what, fifth Medica overall for the realm? The entry ability is pretty boss, with a MAG/MND buff, but Command 1 is poor (Curaisega?), and the second is a bog-standard Medica. Compared to Rosa, the entry's better, the commands are worse. IMO, Rosa is objectively better, and I got her USB, so the jury's already been out on who's the main healer.

And with that, we bid adieu et bon voyage to the Realm Lucky Draws, and all the salt they brought. The Realm Lucky Draw is dead; long live the Realm Draw and what not. How can a Daily Draw be any better?

When the Daily Draw is yet another DISCO, that's when!
    • Garnet's Holy Rod! It'll feel odd to use this over the Imperil, but the benefits are manifold. EnLightning, MAG/MND boost, and a sorta-chaser effect that deals AoE damage. Just the EnLightning + MAG boost sold it, and with an MND boost on top (which means Garnet can heal better!), it's pretty much a steal.

So yeah. A Daily Draw boost ended up being far, far better than the last ever Realm LD I made.
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

21. - Top - End - #291

Nice daily!

I got a Cloud USB the other day. A dupe.

Also, I was considering pulling on the XIII banner (looks decent to me, really), until I saw we have a V banner coming up with 2 chains (Fire and Earth), neither of which I have.

Speaking of which, while I can consistently sub 30 Marilith with my Water team with a 3* Magicite deck, I brought in my Fire team with a 4* Magicite deck (3/5, anyway), and barely got him to 50% before I ran out of hones. It was also a mage team. My phys team is way stronger, but that darn flying phase...
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
    Really - after all the salty pulls and the long streak of nothing on the Daily Draw, it seems the Daily Draw is giving me better stuff than regular pulls!
    I know, right? I've gotten BSBs and USBs from this thing, at alarming rates. Within the past week, I've gone from next-to-nothing for Braska to his SSB, BSB, and USB - does the game want me to have a new husbando or something? Because I'm not biting.

Sure, I get SBs too, but honestly, this rate-up's been - dare I say - not a lie.

23. - Top - End - #293

RedWizardGuy

Daily draw ao dar gave me a few old SSBs, and Thief's BSB. That's pretty good on my books.

Did a pull on FF IV for Golbez Chain or Yang's USB. Got 4/11- including Yang's USB, two copies of Cid's BSB, and Golbez RLM. Yang and the Wolf gonna kick so much derriere's it's almost obscene.

24. - Top - End - #294

Man. I was able to stomp Marilith, but the other 2 I tried (Midgardsorm and Isgebind) are way tougher/I’m ill equipped for.

Might be a while before I beat all the 4*s.

Then again... with a bit of honing I think I could beat some Torments, which would give me better abilities, which I could hone, then try again. Hmm...

Edit: and grats, Slayn!
    Last edited by danzibr; 2018-10-16 at 08:48 PM.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Troll in the Playground

So, I got a disco ball from the Free Relic Draw and got excited.

Then was immensely disappointed that it was Quina's USB, because Quina is garbage-tier.

Factotum Variants!

26. - Top - End - #296

BardGuy

Quina is one-dimensional but has an interesting trance. I do have the USB and it's perfectly acceptable as far as 'cast all the buffs!" goes. Also my best IX spear because I haven't gotten anything for Freya in ages.

Bumbling and stumbling through Torments for the bare minimum and honestly as much as more discos would help (for the most part anyway) I think a lack of LMRs, at least for particular characters, isn't helping either.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Troll in the Playground

All right question...where exactly do 5* motes come from? The mote dungeons only give 4* ones and those don't help me get the legend Records done.

Factotum Variants!

28. - Top - End - #298

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    All right question...where exactly do 5* motes come from? The mote dungeons only give 4* ones and those don't help me get the legend Records done.
    Crystal Tower, doing them without using the same people.

Also high difficulty battles.

And fests.

Edit: and torment exchange.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2018-10-19 at 06:12 PM.

29. - Top - End - #299

BardGuy

Eventually the greens shop and the login bonuses will get overhauled, but right now it's a slow drip.

30. - Top - End - #300

Eventually the greens shop and the login bonuses will get overhauled, but right now it's a slow drip.
    Ooooohhh looking forward to that.

EDIT: Did 3 pulls on the 2 chain banner. Got a lotta good stuff (Lenna USB, Bartz USB, Gilgamesh USB (dupe), some BSBs and LMRs), but no CSB. Hmm...
    Last edited by danzibr; 2018-10-22 at 05:21 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ