New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

Quick question: Wasn't Rikku's legend record sphere's something involving water and then her machinist abilities? I see now her final legend record materia increases stat buff duration, which is actually pretty nice if you have her USB. I really don't remember that being it before, especially as I do have her USB, and that pretty much made her a must have in almost all party set-ups outside of magicite, and yet I never legend dived her.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Quick question: Wasn't Rikku's legend record sphere's something involving water and then her machinist abilities? I see now her final legend record materia increases stat buff duration, which is actually pretty nice if you have her USB. I really don't remember that being it before, especially as I do have her USB, and that pretty much made her a must have in almost all party set-ups outside of magicite, and yet I never legend dived her.
    Note that it increases stat buff duration, so the attack and magic up, but not protect/shell/haste duration. Less useful than it seems at first glance.

As far as I know it's always been what it is now.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Rikku's RD is +40% buff duration. Her USB atk/mag buff lasts 25secs. With RD, it's 35 seconds. Proshellga lasts 35 seconds easily.

But Hastega is 20 sec + mnd/40. 25 sec at 200 mag is reference standard. If you have another source of Hastega, like those weird Medica+ Hastega (Yuna's USB), or using enough BSB's, it's works fine. Otherwise, snap. Specially with Rikku's trouble at charging SB for a support-ish character.

On pulls. I think almost everyone is just waiting to report everything together, but it leaves the thread a bit dead. So, let's pump this.

X got me Braska's RLM, a fire resistance mage hat. I just checked: I have at least 3 pieces of + minor resist armor for every element. Nice to know.

IX was Garnet's USB - It's Ramuh, for the Surprise of absolutely no one. Garnet could have been a good Holy Summoner. It's Mage buffs, en lighting and some extra attacks like Magicites.

VIII was Seifer's CSB - wow, Physical darkness chain, making it the fifth Element. Seifer, Orlando, Gaffgarion and Sephiroth + a Healer. That's some pretty boss lineup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

4. - Top - End - #424
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slayn82 View Post
    Rikku's RD is +40% buff duration. Her USB atk/mag buff lasts 25secs. With RD, it's 35 seconds. Proshellga lasts 35 seconds easily.

But Hastega is 20 sec + mnd/40. 25 sec at 200 mag is reference standard. If you have another source of Hastega, like those weird Medica+ Hastega (Yuna's USB), or using enough BSB's, it's works fine. Otherwise, snap. Specially with Rikku's trouble at charging SB for a support-ish character.

On pulls. I think almost everyone is just waiting to report everything together, but it leaves the thread a bit dead. So, let's pump this.

X got me Braska's RLM, a fire resistance mage hat. I just checked: I have at least 3 pieces of + minor resist armor for every element. Nice to know.

IX was Garnet's USB - It's Ramuh, for the Surprise of absolutely no one. Garnet could have been a good Holy Summoner. It's Mage buffs, en lighting and some extra attacks like Magicites.

VIII was Seifer's CSB - wow, Physical darkness chain, making it the fifth Element. Seifer, Orlando, Gaffgarion and Sephiroth + a Healer. That's some pretty boss lineup.
    Nice!

I realllllly wanted Garnet’s USB. Got her LMR.

And that is a boss Darkness lineup. Mine’s similar but for Cecil instead of Gaff. And I only have a chain for Seifer, no other SBs, radically reduces his use.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
    First: lost the chance to say "Welcome to the sequel thread to the tenth Final Fantasy Record Keeper thread!" That said, it's a very respectable second choice.

Second: looking back at the very first thread, and it seems only Starwulf is the true veteran of this game, as he's part of the very first expedition of Playgrounders to the Record Archives, back on the days where there were no 6* relics or abilities, you could only use one Soul Break (and it was limited to uniques!), level cap was 50, no Magicites, no Record Spheres or Legend Spheres, and you didn't knew the HP of bosses (which made fighting Baigan a nightmare!). Unless one of you guys changed your name...
    This is rather late, lol(only reason I saw it at all is because I'm trying to find the last time I posted, as I'm wondering how long it's been since I really last played, as there weren't a whole lot of story dungeons for me to catch up on, yet I'm positive I've been gone for over 6 months(since about June, which is pretty much spot on 6 months), which means either they stopped giving us story dungeons, or they don't add as many as they used to), but yeah, 2nd week of the games release for Global is when I hopped aboard the FFRK train, lol. I haven't been a steady player by any means, played for about a year straight, then did a 3-4 months on, with a month or two off schedule, and now for the last year I've done a month or two playing, with a 6 month off time. My attention span has gone to hell recently, plus I constantly fight with myself over playing tablet games when I have waaay to many console/pc games I need to get to playing.

They were definitely dark times. no guaranteed 5* was awful, I can remember going 0/11 more than 10x once, which was absolutely heart-breaking. Wish I had all that wonderful mythril back that I spent back then. I remember fighting bosses and just being like "Is this battle ever going to end" because yeah, you had no idea of their HP and it just felt like they would go on forever. Back when double-cut retaliate was the prime strategy(I actually never used it though). That and Vit0'ing ^^. I remember when I pulled LuLu's hairpin as 5* relic from the daily draw and was SOOOOO excited because it was such a massively useful item back then.

I can remember people farming any dungeon that dropped a 3* item(not that I recall there being many, the only one I really remember dropped a hat) so you could combine it into a 5* item since it was so hit or miss in getting dupes of 3* and 4* in the relic pulls. I recall there was actually a 2* sword that was on people's wishlist because it had an attack as high as a 5* once you combined it into 4* status.

I remember when event dungeons weren't all copy/paste of the same thing. Earliest memory of a "different" event dungeon was one where if you were able to beat the highest tier stage in it consistently you could earn enough points or whatever to get a 4* ability like Thundaja and my god was that considered amazing back then. Course, only whales or really lucky people were really able to do that as those higher tier stages were 99 difficulty, and that was our version of MP Apoc++ battles, just without someone else helping you.

Man, this really has me going down memory lane now with the game. So many things have changed, games really evolved pretty nicely. Wish I had been able to play more consistently, I'd probably be close to a top-tier player(well, as top-tier as a f2p really gets anyways). Ahh well, I still have fun during the times I do play, and even with my extended breaks I'm still able to take on most of the harder content(I believe I'll be tackling 4* magicite battles soon, which should be fun!), though I'll admit to sometimes needing to ask for team-building help over on reddit at times ^^.

Edit: One of the coolest things of the evolution is how SB's have come along. How each generation makes us go "Oh my god, this is amazing, how could anything else come along that's any better or more useful", and then a few months later, BAM, another amazing generation of SB's. I can remember spending 150 mythril trying to get Cloud's...SSB, I think it was? It was a ranged sword attack that hit 3x I believe. Immensely powerful at the time, and because it was ranged, supremely useful in battles where you could only use ranged attacks.(Looked it up, I was right, it was called Blade Beam). Oddly enough, thinking about it, it always feels like Cloud seems to be the first one to get an amazing new toy. Blade Beam, his BSB, his OSB, his USB, his BSB2, his USB2. All pretty amazing in their own right, at least at the time. Usually outpaced afterwards(not his USB1 or BSB2 though, those things are epic) by other characters iteration of that particular SB generation, but they always seem to lead with him.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2018-12-21 at 12:03 AM.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

I've been busy with work, but I've been getting some really good stuff from RoP etc.

LMR1 is chance of fast cast after using machinist. The thing is, there's no Aqua Snipe etc.
    LMR2 is start with 3 turns of fast cast.

7. - Top - End - #427

@Starwulf: ahh those were the days. Well some of those things sucked (the 0/11s), but longer battles, one and done, SSBs. Yeah I liked that.

Absolutely unrelated, man these winter fest banners look good. Wish I’d saved mythril. I currently have 5 >.>
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ettin in the Playground

I think Imma skip this first lucky banner. Legend Materia only isn't worth the spending of the majority of my remaining mythril.

On a related note, I just got OK's BSB(the atk/mag/haste buff one) from the III RoP. Guess that will make him somewhat useful in III dungeons(maybe...very iffish really), but not too terribly much since I get that plus pro/shell from Rikku's USB.

So, here's a question that I asked, but it was so buried in my previous posts wall-o-text, I'm pretty positive it was missed: Have they reduced the amount of dungeons being released in story-mode every month? Because I was gone from June until now(and I"m pretty positive I didn't do the two months prior worth of updates as well) and I didn't have squat for dungeons to do. It took me all of 2 hours of mostly afk-playing to breeze through them.

And a second question: Can you get mythril from those annoying Record Dungeons? I don't really want to do them, if I wanted to play parts of the previous games, I'd go play the previous games in their entirety, but I desperately need mythril, so if I can get some from there, I guess I"ll have to.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2018-12-23 at 02:13 AM.

9. - Top - End - #429

I think Imma skip this first lucky banner. Legend Materia only isn't worth the spending of the majority of my remaining mythril.

On a related note, I just got OK's BSB(the atk/mag/haste buff one) from the III RoP. Guess that will make him somewhat useful in III dungeons(maybe...very iffish really), but not too terribly much since I get that plus pro/shell from Rikku's USB.

So, here's a question that I asked, but it was so buried in my previous posts wall-o-text, I'm pretty positive it was missed: Have they reduced the amount of dungeons being released in story-mode every month? Because I was gone from June until now(and I"m pretty positive I didn't do the two months prior worth of updates as well) and I didn't have squat for dungeons to do. It took me all of 2 hours of mostly afk-playing to breeze through them.

And a second question: Can you get mythril from those annoying Record Dungeons? I don't really want to do them, if I wanted to play parts of the previous games, I'd go play the previous games in their entirety, but I desperately need mythril, so if I can get some from there, I guess I"ll have to.
    Yes, they reduced the amount of dungeons. Last one in particular had barely any content.

And yes again, you can get mythril from the record dungeons. And water to boost your peeps' stats. It's really worth it. Then again, I quite enjoy the record dungeons.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

10. - Top - End - #430
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I'm in the "probably not going to pull on the LMR LD" boat, too. I'm probably not even going to pull on the Fest, because (1) mythril is kinda tight, and (2) full price for a chance at 1 relic just isn't as appealing as it once was.

By contrast? RoP. 5 mythril for a guaranteed relic is pretty solid odds. And since the next few days are going to be nutso, time to blow through as many as I can. Here we go.
    Spoiler
    Show
    • XII: 1/3, Vayne's BSB. This one is "fun," a MAG/PHY switching Burst based on whichever stat is higher, with commands for each. Eh, I suppose I can gear him how I like if I need the damage to be one type or the other. And at least it's new.
    • XI: 1/3, Aphmau's BSB. It's a neat little "heal and damage at the same time" combo. Pity it's a dupe.
    • X: 1/3, Rikku's BSB. I already have her En-Water BSB with Water damage and Steal Power; this is her Imperil Water BSB with Water damage and Mug Bloodlust. So that's neat.
    • IX: 1/3, Steiner's OSB! I mean, OSBs are already getting old, but it's great Rusty gets his. Multi-element damage that deals bonus to a weakness is pretty solid.
    • VIII: 1/3, Zell's BSB. Not the En-Fire one with MNK boosting, but the speedchaining one that sets party crit at 50%. Neat.
    • VII: 1/3, Tifa's midriff LMR. Starting En-Earth is a thing. See? Now I don't need to pull on the LMR LD.
    • VI: 1/3, Edgar's OSB! A pretty great debuffing package on top of being Bio OSB damage, pity debuffs aren't very effective on most bosses. Extra, the item has tons of bonuses on it - ranged weapon, change to Poison, realm boost to Bio damage, realm chance to Petrify. It's a pretty great gun - also, it's a VI gun, hey - so I'm reasonably happy with it.
    • V: 1/3, Krile's USB! Oh, this is a pretty solid prize, right here - En-Fire, stat boosts, and a Fire chaser. I mean, she's not the most powerful Fire Mage on my team - that honor goes to Terra, followed by Papa - but this makes her extremely competitive, especially on my Fire-heavy V team.
    • IV: 2/3, and neither is a dupe! First, Ceodore's BSB. I mean, I don't like or use the character, but this is pretty decent - the Burst deals damage and gives a party %HP heal; the commands deal damage and throw out heals and Esuna respectively. That's extremely competent. Second, Rydia's OSB. Multi-elemental is useful, and this covers a nice spread - Earth, Water, Holy. This was a happy pull.
    • III: 1/3, Desch's BSB. I don't use him, and it's a dupe.

Well, that was a roller coaster ride. Still, 50 mythril spent - same as a Fest pull - for 11 relics, only two of which are dupes, is some pretty solid gains. So I'm happy.

Happy pulls, all.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

11. - Top - End - #431

RedWizardGuy

If I still had enough Mythril, I would pull on a thematic banner instead of the Festival, as usual. Hoping for some kind of relic selection, specially Ignis BSB, but that may have to wait for the new shop that sells Relics that was recently released in Japan.

Updated countdown pulls, things still good:

VII was Rude's BSB gloves - physical and magical + earth weapon. Very useful.

VI was Kefka's Black Quena - Darkness/Poison BSB. Quite Satisfying.

V was a dupe of Kelger's USB, a +earth sword with Mag. Pretty decent as far dupes go.

IV was Paladin Cecil's OSB, to go with his Arcane OSB. From zero to Hero along Basch.

III was Arc's Holy DPS BSB. So he can pair with Minwu, and Ovelia or FuSoYa. Add Mog and Garnet, and team White Mage is real with some of the best Minds FFRK has to offer.

And on the Daily, got Gladiolus BSB, adding to his OSB I got on the XV pull and RLM from some time ago. Finally have a decent looking XV team.

Gonna travel tomorrow, should come back Wednesday. Happy Holiday for all you guys. Carpenter diem and all that. Cheers to all.
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

12. - Top - End - #432
    Titan in the Playground

And since RoP II is here, may as well. Survey says?

1/3, Hilda's USB. Huh. 0CT party heal, +DEF, Last Stand. Not bad at all. May make her a more useful healer than my Minwu. He's got his BSB, sure, and party Haste + Regen is pretty great, but 0CT is 0CT.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

13. - Top - End - #433

BardGuy

It looks like we are getting a better version of the curated off-banner ala the current VI event, but until we see the actual fest banners it's still a question mark.

If I still had enough Mythril, I would pull on a thematic banner instead of the Festival, as usual. Hoping for some kind of relic selection, specially Ignis BSB, but that may have to wait for the new shop that sells Relics that was recently released in Japan.

Unfortunately the cutoff for that seems to be around 3rd Anniversary.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Troll in the Playground

Well I drew on the OSB Lucky Banner and got T-t-t-triple Disco!

Blade of Bernnaere...so XV. Good, but I hate XV on principle.
    Musk Stick, which is nice, as I already had Raijin's BSB.
    And a second Banescissor Spear.

And then the USB Lucky banner appears. Only Double Disco this time.
    Edge's Kiku-Ichimonji, which would be great if it wasn't a dupe.
    Vaan's Yagyu Darkblade, which is okay, just not a fan of Vaan.
    Last edited by Hunter Noventa; 2018-12-24 at 08:11 PM.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

15. - Top - End - #435

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    Well I drew on the OSB Lucky Banner and got T-t-t-triple Disco!

Blade of Bernnaere...so XV. Good, but I hate XV on principle.
    Musk Stick, which is nice, as I already had Raijin's BSB.
    And a second Banescissor Spear.

And then the USB Lucky banner appears. Only Double Disco this time.
    Edge's Kiku-Ichimonji, which would be great if it wasn't a dupe.
    Vaan's Yagyu Darkblade, which is okay, just not a fan of Vaan.
    Triple disco, wowza. Nice!

I’m waiting until tomorrow when I have more mythril to do the lucky USB draw.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

16. - Top - End - #436
    Titan in the Playground

I know I said I wouldn't, but come on. USB LD. I just gotta. And 2/11, USBs for Ceodore and Ingus.

Ceodore's is a solid all-in-one, with multiple stat boosts, taunts, damage, and En-Holy. Ingus' is great too, and a dupe.

And while we're at it, RoP I - 1/3, o'Light's OSB. I have his CSB, his BSB, his... I've got a lot for him, is the point.

Happy pulls, all.

17. - Top - End - #437

BardGuy

Fest banners:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...mrfirestar_at/

USB LD: Mog can now throw down some phat beats, but not really much of a dent in the 'stuff I want/need'

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ettin in the Playground

So I just had my best luck yet off of the daily draw. Got another disco, this time it's Emperor's USB2, which means I now have both of his USB's. One to lower Earth resist by 2 levels, another to give me follow up attacks when I use Earth abilities ^^. Question on it, it says it lowers atk/mag by "A very large amount". What % are we talking here, because you usually only see a moderate or large.

19. - Top - End - #439

So I just had my best luck yet off of the daily draw. Got another disco, this time it's Emperor's USB2, which means I now have both of his USB's. One to lower Earth resist by 2 levels, another to give me follow up attacks when I use Earth abilities ^^. Question on it, it says it lowers atk/mag by "A very large amount". What % are we talking here, because you usually only see a moderate or large.
    I *think* for like break/breakdown/other stuff, it's 30%/40%/50%. Uncertain.

Also, playing through the record dungeons...
    Spoiler: They ruined it!
    Show

Changing the text in Don Corneo's place from "I'll chop them off" and "I'll rip them off" and "I'll smash them." Boo.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

20. - Top - End - #440

Man, Mog is so bad. I have an SSB for him, and 2 USBs, but looking at his ability spread... he's just so bad.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

21. - Top - End - #441

BardGuy

Mog is generally passable with a dance and Protect/Shellga. He can dragoon when dived but he's not much of an option there.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ettin in the Playground

Woot! Just beat d240 for VII Torment. It was a bit dicey at the end, but I did survive with everyone alive, so pretty happy! That was an awful lot of 5* spirit motes to get just for completing in under 30 seconds, but I'm guessing it's a one-time only thing? Sucks that I apparently need 180 rubies to get even one 6* ability record though, especially since it looks like you can't keep getting rubies for beating it over and over. Means I'll have to try my luck(likely over and over again) on other realms to get what I need.

Team(for those curious, doubt there's many though, given how late I am to doing this):

Rosa: Dispel/Curada Dr. Mogs Teachings for RM, USB
    Cloud: Tornado Strike and the other 5* Wind spellblade(the single target one), 40% Sword damage RM(I imagine the wind one would have worked just as well though), USB1, USB2
    Zack: Life Siphon/Ripping Blast, Battle-Forged, USB(1? no idea if he has a 2nd). That wind-resistance down by 2 levels is amazing and crucial for Cloud to rip through the boss
    Shelke: Wrath/Entrust, fully dived, Ace Striker. She wrathed 4 bars and gave them all to Cloud. With that he was able to USB1/USB2/USB2 to finish the fight.
    Rikku: Enfeebling Jitterbug/Multi-Break Mako Might so I can use her USB1 immediately for pro/shell/haste and dmg boost.

I thought of bringing Ramza for the larger damage boost, but I couldn't find a way to bring pro/shell otherwise, plus he doesn't have access to dances(or at least not 5*) and that AoE break was pretty useful to reducing Ultimate Bioga or whatever to manageable levels.

No idea if I can handle d280. if I can, and I can do it in under 30 seconds it'll be enough for me to buy one of the ability records.

23. - Top - End - #443

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Man, Mog is so bad. I have an SSB for him, and 2 USBs, but looking at his ability spread... he's just so bad.
    Musings on Mog and Meta
    Spoiler
    Show

His BSB makes him one of my favorite options on mage teams for Hastega + Mag buffs. That instant Heal command 1 is so handy.

Mog's buff USB is a fine opening when you are taking Tyro's USB Wall or Rikku's USB1 as RW. The Party's reduced delay for 3 turns allows your party to push hard the rithm of the fight. And he also has the Enfeebling Jitterbug (Power + Magic breakdown dance, outshining his old Reverse Wall SB).

Try EJ + Curaja, sacrificing the third DPS slot to help Healer + Support, when you don't care for a sub 30 and just want staying power. Specially against bosses who ramp up damage on turn 3.

He also is quite flexible on Materia choices: any + SB generation will do. Usually RMs people most use are: 2 starting SB ( Mako/Mog T), 2 + Damage (Tyro's RM4 and/or a +Stat, Weapon or element RM), and Gathering Storm. But a tanky buffer/debuffer, with multiple SBs on fights where bosses love to spam AOE's, equiped with something like Lionheart RM, gets ridiculous.

But I may be a bit too conservative on my tactics. After all, I tend to still take BSB's in heavy consideration when building my teams, despite having a fair share of newer SBs, because they still work absolutely well. And I can use the commands in the middle of the fight to slow the rithm and make sure I have several SBs and Hones ready to blaze past the weak phase.

Did a pull on Banner 3, and got 1/11 on Ramza's CSB. Holy Chain, Batman!

24. - Top - End - #444

Quote Originally Posted by darkdragoon View Post
    Mog is generally passable with a dance and Protect/Shellga. He can dragoon when dived but he's not much of an option there.
    Musings on Mog and Meta
    Spoiler
    Show

His BSB makes him one of my favorite options on mage teams for Hastega + Mag buffs. That instant Heal command 1 is so handy.

Mog's buff USB is a fine opening when you are taking Tyro's USB Wall or Rikku's USB1 as RW. The Party's reduced delay for 3 turns allows your party to push hard the rithm of the fight. And he also has the Enfeebling Jitterbug (Power + Magic breakdown dance, outshining his old Reverse Wall SB).

Try EJ + Curaja, sacrificing the third DPS slot to help Healer + Support, when you don't care for a sub 30 and just want staying power. Specially against bosses who ramp up damage on turn 3.

He also is quite flexible on Materia choices: any + SB generation will do. Usually RMs people most use are: 2 starting SB ( Mako/Mog T), 2 + Damage (Tyro's RM4 and/or a +Stat, Weapon or element RM), and Gathering Storm. But a tanky buffer/debuffer, with multiple SBs on fights where bosses love to spam AOE's, equiped with something like Lionheart RM, gets ridiculous.

But I may be a bit too conservative on my tactics. After all, I tend to still take BSB's in heavy consideration when building my teams, despite having a fair share of newer SBs, because they still work absolutely well. And I can use the commands in the middle of the fight to slow the rithm and make sure I have several SBs and Hones ready to blaze past the weak phase.

Did a pull on Banner 3, and got 1/11 on Ramza's CSB. Holy Chain, Batman!
    Yeah... I still don't see myself using Mog. His attack stat is awful, and mastering SBs isn't going to improve it, so I don't see him using Dragoon 5 (not that his SBs even support this). I'd like to bring him as healer + dancer, but his only has White 4. Curaja, bleh.

Maybe a BSB would improve him, yeah.

And grats on the Holy Chain!
    Woot! Just beat d240 for VII Torment. It was a bit dicey at the end, but I did survive with everyone alive, so pretty happy! That was an awful lot of 5* spirit motes to get just for completing in under 30 seconds, but I'm guessing it's a one-time only thing? Sucks that I apparently need 180 rubies to get even one 6* ability record though, especially since it looks like you can't keep getting rubies for beating it over and over. Means I'll have to try my luck(likely over and over again) on other realms to get what I need.

Team(for those curious, doubt there's many though, given how late I am to doing this):

Rosa: Dispel/Curada Dr. Mogs Teachings for RM, USB
    Cloud: Tornado Strike and the other 5* Wind spellblade(the single target one), 40% Sword damage RM(I imagine the wind one would have worked just as well though), USB1, USB2
    Zack: Life Siphon/Ripping Blast, Battle-Forged, USB(1? no idea if he has a 2nd). That wind-resistance down by 2 levels is amazing and crucial for Cloud to rip through the boss
    Shelke: Wrath/Entrust, fully dived, Ace Striker. She wrathed 4 bars and gave them all to Cloud. With that he was able to USB1/USB2/USB2 to finish the fight.
    Rikku: Enfeebling Jitterbug/Multi-Break Mako Might so I can use her USB1 immediately for pro/shell/haste and dmg boost.

I thought of bringing Ramza for the larger damage boost, but I couldn't find a way to bring pro/shell otherwise, plus he doesn't have access to dances(or at least not 5*) and that AoE break was pretty useful to reducing Ultimate Bioga or whatever to manageable levels.

No idea if I can handle d280. if I can, and I can do it in under 30 seconds it'll be enough for me to buy one of the ability records.
    Nice!

I'm up to nearly all the 240s (except XIII, which I'm certain I can do, just haven't gotten around to it, and XIV, which I may be able to do). Only have 2 of the 280s done, T and V, which are likely my strongest realms.

Those 6* abilities are super nice, though. Need to get around to beating more of those dungeons.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

25. - Top - End - #445
    Titan in the Playground

Happy New Year, folks! The New Year's Lucky Draw is up, with a curated relic list for select heroes. Which means that if you've whaled for Cloud, RAIJIN CID, or Bartz, you probably have a lot of relics on this list. As it happens, it's pretty dupe-heavy for me, too, but I'mma pull anyway. My result?

1/11, Cloud's Gloves USB. The one with a Wind chaster. That's actually pretty solid, I can't complain too much, and it's not a dupe. So I'll call that a win.

Speaking of wins, I'm only planning to go after one banner on Fest - and already did so, the first one, with Tyro and OK. And after three 1-pulls, I decided I got what I needed - OK's LMR cape, with 0CT2. It almost makes Ramza irrelevant at this point, and is actually super-useful in my MAG-heavy Magicite teams.

Hope everyone else has some happy pulls.

EDIT: And wouldn't you know it, today's the day the daily draw plays nice? Tifa's SSB, Dolphin Blow. Pretty good start to the year.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2019-01-01 at 10:50 AM.

26. - Top - End - #446

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Happy New Year, folks! The New Year's Lucky Draw is up, with a curated relic list for select heroes. Which means that if you've whaled for Cloud, RAIJIN CID, or Bartz, you probably have a lot of relics on this list. As it happens, it's pretty dupe-heavy for me, too, but I'mma pull anyway. My result?

1/11, Cloud's Gloves USB. The one with a Wind chaster. That's actually pretty solid, I can't complain too much, and it's not a dupe. So I'll call that a win.

Speaking of wins, I'm only planning to go after one banner on Fest - and already did so, the first one, with Tyro and OK. And after three 1-pulls, I decided I got what I needed - OK's LMR cape, with 0CT2. It almost makes Ramza irrelevant at this point, and is actually super-useful in my MAG-heavy Magicite teams.

Hope everyone else has some happy pulls.

EDIT: And wouldn't you know it, today's the day the daily draw plays nice? Tifa's SSB, Dolphin Blow. Pretty good start to the year.
    Happy New Year!

I had an eerily similar experience. Only 4 non dupes on the banner, decided to pull anyway, got Cloud’s USB2.

Also on the daily draw got Selphie USB.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

27. - Top - End - #447

RedWizardGuy

Happy new year for you folks too. On the New Year Banner I got Bartz's Wind BSB, to go along his Fire and Water ones. Solid.

Good luck on today's free 33 pull.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Tyro USB: party haste, avoid 1 debuff, 2000 hp pre-healing, and self delay remove for 2 turns. Not a main usage thing for me, but good to have

Bartz wind BSB: Actually not a dupe! I think I now actually have the full set of yes for Bartz. Not a huge boost since I already had his SSB for en-wind to boost wind spellblade stuff, but nice to have available.

Cloud Legend Materia: Moderate chance to reduce delay of user's abilities when using wind abilities. Not bad.
    And bartz fire BSB: Dupe, but +fire armor.

and did the FFV 5 mythril pull, Xezat's USB: 10 ice/lightning hits, reduce delay 1 turn, en-Ice, and moderate ability boost to spellblade abilities.

Plus I have his small spellblade doublecast LMR.

I think I can find a place for him on my physical ice team.

Edit: Ok, checked, and For Bartz I'm lacking:

Unique: Blade Wing and Lupine Barrage
    SSB: None
    BSB: None
    Overstrike: None
    USB: None
    Arcane: Crystalline Focus
    Glint: Master Spellblade

Legend Materia: Fragments of Grace (triplecast) and Hereditary Skill (significant spellblade damage when sword equipped)

So yeah, pretty decked out Bartz.
    Last edited by huttj509; 2019-01-01 at 06:26 PM.

29. - Top - End - #449

Wooooow. That is a decked out Bartz.

He’s probably my single best character. I’m missing all 3 of his uniques, his 1 SSB, the EnEarth BSB, his USB1, and his LMR2.

Which is... quite a bit to miss, but I still field him on several teams.

Edit: got BSB for Setzer, Vayne, Paine (dupe); LMR for King (dupe), Vincent; Glint for WoL; USB for Iris, Emperor (dupe).

I’m very pleased.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2019-01-01 at 08:08 PM.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Troll in the Playground

I think I'm actually done with this game. The higher-level challenges (i.e. Magicite and such) are too esoteric for me, while anything else is totally braindead. There's just not really any enjoyment in it anymore.

I wish you all lucky pulls and lots of fun.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!