New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Wait, wait... You got his Awakening? And you have his Glint? Because that's actually really, really good.

Against a Dark-vulnerable enemy, DRK abilities can be very useful. Dread Weapon can offset the self-hurt of Crimson Cross. Mark of Darkness is a highly effective force multiplier.

Not to mention that Riku has the fourth highest ATK in the game at level 99.

And you have him, plus his Glint for stacking En-Dark and quickcast 2, plus his AASB with En-Dark, DRK Boost, W-DRK, and unlimited DRK uses? You can basically pop the Glint, quickly trigger his AASB for double En-Dark plus all that other stuff, and basically get straight to murdering.

My friend, you are a most fortunate individual.
    ...I may have underestimated how Absurdly Awesome the Absurdly Awesome Soul Breaks are...

2. - Top - End - #512
    Firbolg in the Playground

The only interest I have in the KH banner is Squall’s brave SB. Definite pass.

Edit: however, I’m delighted to finally get Tyro’s Organization XIII outfit. And Cloud’s alternate.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2019-02-20 at 08:51 PM.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Congrats on the pulls. I tested my luck too on a 11 pull, got Sora's Doublecast. That's a good improvement for him, along his USB and the lighting glint I already had. Good enough to satisfy my desire for this banner.

Wasn't expecting that much, in part because Daily draw also was generous to me lately, giving me Sabin's BSB yesterday, after Squall's USB some time ago.

Funny thing is that Sabin, Yang and Master are on a monk race, and whenever one gets ahead, the others quickly catch up. I had done a pull on FF IV, and got Yang's Relic materia pants, Tellah's USB, Cid IV USB.

Now I'm a bit intrigued on Tellah's USB. Seems like a very interesting tool to complement his BSB. This can push him quite ahead of Mog on 4* Magicites. I have to bother the Hydra again to see how it clocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ogre in the Playground

So I heard about the KH collab and decided to redownload for a pull because Opera Omnia doesn't get collabs

I may have stolen all the luck:

100 Gem (I have 500 gems for some reason?) Riku BSB (Dupe)

1/11 - Disco: Sora AASB. Which pairs nicely with his LMR, BSB, USB, and Lightning Glint I have for him.
    Last edited by Antonok; 2019-02-20 at 09:12 PM.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Hmmm, So, I find it easy to lose track of who I have who does what, if I don't already have a team set up for that.

Is there an easy reference to, for example, search for "who's good at physical Dark elemental" which I can then cross reference with what I actually have?

6. - Top - End - #516

Quote Originally Posted by huttj509 View Post
    Hmmm, So, I find it easy to lose track of who I have who does what, if I don't already have a team set up for that.

Is there an easy reference to, for example, search for "who's good at physical Dark elemental" which I can then cross reference with what I actually have?
    Not in the app, no. Probably exists on reddit somewhere.

Edit: I wish you could sort by number of relics mastered. I prob have a couple characters that are better than I realize.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2019-02-21 at 06:20 AM.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Titan in the Playground

Well, you could start by looking at the ATK rankings. See the top five? With the exception of Jack, they're all DRK users. That's because ATK is pretty much the only stat that matters for DRK PHY. Since most DRK abilities involve a trade-off, you expect your DRK users to be glass cannons; that means that if they don't have a very high ATK, it's simply not worth using them. (One exception to this is Gaffgarion, whose BSB has a %HP heal command, which offers utility.) So basically, if your DRK user isn't in the top 10 for ATK, it's probably not worth using them.

Got all that? Good, because I'm about to contradict myself. Here's a guide from two years ago about DRK generally - it covers both MAG and PHY users, and the information is understandably dated. Here's another guide, far more recent - note that it considers Riku to be a benchmark.

Dirge also has a character tier list, and admittedly your mileage will vary on that one, which sadly hasn't been updated since last year. Here's the Dark (element, not ability) tier list.

Short version? RAIJIN CID is good at DRK PHY. After that, look at who you have with SBs.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

8. - Top - End - #518

I don’t really trust the raw Atk thing. Orlandeau only has 4 SBs which grant him +Atk, Cloud has like 400.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Short version? RAIJIN CID is good at DRK PHY. After that, look at who you have with SBs.
    Yes. The issue I have isn't "who's best," it's more trying to avoid "oh, right, that guy who I totally forgot about...hey, his SB's not bad, I might work him in, and oh yeah I got that other guy's USB but dismissed it."

Like, does anyone ever remember Zeid? I sure don't.

It's mostly there's a lot of characters, and when I'm looking to tweak my, for example, fire team, I might totally forget Balthier since he's not in my normal fire team. But with his USB and machinist quick casting I might make use of him.

I think what I really need to do is go through chracter by character in an excel spreadsheet or something recording who I have for what elements.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Titan in the Playground

Like, does anyone ever remember Zeid? I sure don't.
    Haha! It's funny because he's crap.

I think what I really need to do is go through chracter by character in an excel spreadsheet or something recording who I have for what elements.
    A spreadsheet, you say? About five months ago, somebody put one of those together. It's fairly rudimentary, but it generally gives a list of characters by element, and whether the benefit is an Imperil, pure DPS, or some kind of party buff or enemy debuff. Again, it's not comprehensive, or wholly accurate - it lists both Kuja and Seymour as DPS instead of Imperil, despite both having Imperils on Burst - but it's a decent starting point for organizing your own characters.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

11. - Top - End - #521

2 free 40 pulls. Wow.

My first I got 4 discos and 5 rainbows, second I got 3 discos and 7 rainbows. Buncha new stuff, most notable is Firion’s Brave USB. And my Ashe is more complete now.

Good luck to everyone!
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Spoiler: My results on the x40 x2
    Show
    Pull 1: 4/40
    Reks USB, party atk boost and lightning reflect shield.
    Tidus OSB
    Bartz BSB1 (dupe, and really bad)
    Faris Wind/Fire BSB (lowers atk and def)

Pull 2(yes, we get 2 free 40x pulls): 9/40
    Seymour Dark chain, not bad.
    Luneth USB, reduced delay wind attacks
    Cinque USB, oh heck yeah, not sure how this really measures up to my earth team, but significant Heavy Charge buff
    Firion OSB
    Snow LMR, haste and 1 turn of remove delay
    Sarah LMR, heal all small chance when using bard
    Raijin LMR, reduce delay after monk
    Rinoa en-ice BSB
    Wol tetrabreak BSB with further atk/def lowering

So glad they added skip animation and the auto-sell.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Titan in the Playground

So glad they added skip animation and the auto-sell.
    I'm with you on this one. Also, grats on the amazing pulls so far, Hutt and Danz. My turn:

Spoiler
    Show
    Pull 1: 4/40:
    • Steady Light: Cloud's LMR, chance to quickcast when using Wind.
    • Blitz Armor: Seifer's LMR, En-Dark.
    • Save the Queen: Celes' OSB, increments based on magic attacks taken.
    • Durandal: Terra's AOSB. Dupe.

Pull 2: 4/40:
    • Eiko's Guise: Eiko's LMR, W-cast WHT. Dupe.
    • Flame Shield: o'Light's LMR, En-Holy.
    • Shining Staff: Minwu's USB, 0CT medica, HP Stock, Stoneskin.
    • Flamberge: Queen's USB, En-Lightning, +ATK/DEF, SPB causes quickcast.

Not a lot of amazing stuff, but only two dupes, so I'd call it an overall success. Especially because it's free.

Happy pulls, all!

14. - Top - End - #524
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Went 14/80, 4 dupes. 2 Overstrikes: Maria and Raines. Sephiroth's Arcane, Tancred's Brave Ultra and Faris Ultra, Marche and Steiner Bursts, Relic materias for Garnet, Vanille and Fujin. Not bad at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

15. - Top - End - #525
    Troll in the Playground

Two 40-draws for free!? Why, certainly that's something I didn't expect! (Except, I was, because Reddit was mentioning it). Decided to do only ONE draw today, to savor the excitement another day. I was well rewarded.

6/40, the two guaranteed DISCOS, and best of all, no dupes!
    • Snow's Feymark! This is his second BSB, with an entry identical to that of Onion Knight, except the Burst commands are Ice-elemental. Decent enough, considering I had...nothing for him before, other than a LMR.
    • Krile's Cat-ear Hood! This is her W-Cast LMR. This won't take the crown from my beloved bae, but makes her even better for the Fire Magic team, considering her first LMR is EnFire, so she starts pretty strong.
    • Snow's Indomitus! This is...another LMR? However, this one is pretty fun, because it's your typical "start with Haste + IC1", meaning he can start buffing allies from the get-go. That means he can either go for his own BSB, or ramp up the RW almost immediately.
    • Shelke's Slash Lance! Another LMR (for a total of three), and arguably the least useful on the three. In essence, it boosts the duration of debuffs, which is excellent when you're using her to debuff. I....don't, which is the main problem.
    • Vanille's Belladonna Wand! This is her USB Medica, the one that has Last Stand coupled with IC. This is superb! It also has Imperil Holy to all enemies, making her a good secondary choice for healer. Probably a choice for Team Magic Holy, who's already frightening as you can imagine.
    • Ceodore's Blade! This is his USB, which combines EnHoly with Sentinel, and a very solid self-buff. That said, it just can't compete in any way with the mainstays in Team Physical Holy. Kinda miffed by this one

Despite the two apparent duds, the haul was pretty good. No dupes are great, and XIII gets a ton of support on people I actually use.
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

A lot of "right character wrong relic" from the 40 draws. Still, I might be able to put a certain paladin to the test and it seems my thunder team is "ALL OF THE ENSPELLS!"

17. - Top - End - #527
    Titan in the Playground

So, apparently, the KH banner is actually two banners. And, foolishly, I already blew an 11-pull on the first one. So I wasn't about to waste a boatload more mythril.

A cult of three pull should be enough, right?

So, I did it. And somehow managed to get 2/3. Axel's Glint, an ATK/MAG thrown weapon that grants stacking En-Fire and deals six ranged MAG/PHY Fire/Wind/Non attacks, depending on stats. Nice.

And Cloud's other other USB, with En-Dark, Heavy Charge +1, and a Dark chaser that deals Overflow damage. Oh. Oh, yes. Also it's a light armor with +Dark.

This was a very good pull. Happy pulls, all.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

2/11, Roxas' USB which gives en-Holy and a 5 hit chaser to knight abilities. Prob won't make Roxas replace my Marche (with USB and BSB), Ramza (with chain and Battle Cry) or Orlandeau, though I don't have cid's USB...
    And also Roxas' empowered Holy glint...hmmm...

19. - Top - End - #529

So, apparently, the KH banner is actually two banners. And, foolishly, I already blew an 11-pull on the first one. So I wasn't about to waste a boatload more mythril.

A cult of three pull should be enough, right?

So, I did it. And somehow managed to get 2/3. Axel's Glint, an ATK/MAG thrown weapon that grants stacking En-Fire and deals six ranged MAG/PHY Fire/Wind/Non attacks, depending on stats. Nice.

And Cloud's other other USB, with En-Dark, Heavy Charge +1, and a Dark chaser that deals Overflow damage. Oh. Oh, yes. Also it's a light armor with +Dark.

This was a very good pull. Happy pulls, all.
    Daaaaang you lucked out there. Nice!
    2/11, Roxas' USB which gives en-Holy and a 5 hit chaser to knight abilities. Prob won't make Roxas replace my Marche (with USB and BSB), Ramza (with chain and Battle Cry) or Orlandeau, though I don't have cid's USB...
    And also Roxas' empowered Holy glint...hmmm...
    Not bad, not bad!

Hmm. I’m debating pulling. Then again my Holy team is already incredibly solid. And Axel... I dunno, Fire team doesn’t need help either. Kinda funny, some of the biggest appeal on this banner is for Cloud.

EDIT: Man, it'd be nice to know the 4A banners. I don't want to whale on the banner with Bartz's AASB, only to have these Cloud Dark relics be dupes. I think for that reason I'mma wait.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2019-02-24 at 07:42 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

20. - Top - End - #530

BardGuy

My Shadow Dragon plan had some hiccups but I was able to beat it anyway.

In light of that and a couple 4* dry runs on it seems like the most immediate boost I could use are LMRS, especially Ignis and more enelements.

21. - Top - End - #531

Quote Originally Posted by darkdragoon View Post
    My Shadow Dragon plan had some hiccups but I was able to beat it anyway.

In light of that and a couple 4* dry runs on it seems like the most immediate boost I could use are LMRS, especially Ignis and more enelements.
    Grats!

What all have you tried?

I’m finishing getting my Lightning 4*s to 99, then to own Kraken, then do Holy and Dark.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ogre in the Playground

So decided to stick around a bit and test out Awakenings since I pulled Sora's. Verdict: Insane.

D240 VII Torment:

Party
    Shelke - Wrath/Entrust - Dr Mogs
    Zack - Lifesiphon/Ripping Blast - CSB - Mako Might
    Cloud - Lifesiphon/Raging Quadstrike - Glint/USB1 - Truthseeker - DC Wind LMR
    Sora - SSS/SSS - AASB - Faith in the Light - has DC lmr
    Aerith - Hastega/Curada - USB2 - TGMight - has DC lmr

No Protect, Shell, or breaks. Shelke kept feeding bars to Aerith for Last Stand. Zack popped chain then promptly died. Cloud used his Glint twice then spammed RQ.

Sora SSS'd until he got 2 bars then used AASB. Then it was over after 2 turns. First attack was 13kx4x2(~104k damage total). Second attack was 13kx4x3(~160k total) His lmr can proc and he can triple cast during his AASB

Cleared it in just under 19 seconds when I shouldn't have even realistically survived.
    Last edited by Antonok; 2019-02-25 at 03:13 PM.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

23. - Top - End - #533

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    So decided to stick around a bit and test out Awakenings since I pulled Sora's. Verdict: Insane.

D240 VII Torment:

Party
    Shelke - Wrath/Entrust - Dr Mogs
    Zack - Lifesiphon/Ripping Blast - CSB - Mako Might
    Cloud - Lifesiphon/Raging Quadstrike - Glint/USB1 - Truthseeker - DC Wind LMR
    Sora - SSS/SSS - AASB - Faith in the Light - has DC lmr
    Aerith - Hastega/Curada - USB2 - TGMight - has DC lmr

No Protect, Shell, or breaks. Shelke kept feeding bars to Aerith for Last Stand. Zack popped chain then promptly died. Cloud used his Glint twice then spammed RQ.

Sora SSS'd until he got 2 bars then used AASB. Then it was over after 2 turns. First attack was 13kx4x2(~104k damage total). Second attack was 13kx4x3(~160k total) His lmr can proc and he can triple cast during his AASB

Cleared it in just under 19 seconds when I shouldn't have even realistically survived.
    Whoaaaaaa that is insane. Nice ;)

Hopefully I pull Bartz’s when I go whaling next month.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

24. - Top - End - #534

Huh. Beat the difficulty 350 fight. Seemed oddly tame for such a number. 25 free crystals, whoo.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

25. - Top - End - #535

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Grats!

What all have you tried?

I’m finishing getting my Lightning 4*s to 99, then to own Kraken, then do Holy and Dark.

Mostly Isgebind. I think I have enough damage but I need to really look at defense/different healer since Rosa's Magic blink won't help here.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Troll in the Playground

Doing the Corridor of Trials for Wind, and...that Furnace boss is oddly tough, even if it's not out of the ordinary to be honest.

The thing is; unlike King Bomb's unfair advantages (fighting as a team, forcing you to spread your forces), or Kalavinka Striker's insane speed, Grand Horn focuses on just raw damage. It starts with a solid strong Punch that can OHKO anything under 5k HP, and then it starts alternating between attacks before going for the Furnace attack. It'd be easier if it weren't because of two things: Break Resist 70% (for a creature that uses DEF-bypass and RES-bypass attacks, that's nuts) and increasing damage reduction (Weak? Damage is reduced. Very weak? Further damage reduction!). Other than that, it's just a tough guy.

Trying with some of the strongest people I have on Team Wind (Alphinaud, Zack, Cid), plus the designated debuffer (Vaan, which can also double as DPS with his Ultra) and healer. Here's where I switched strategies, because I need either two healers or a very efficient one. Furthermore, it seems the idea is to both make attacks whiff (i.e., Physical Blink) and let you take some brutal blows afterwards (i.e., Last Stand), so you got to have a healer that provides both, or two healers that provide one each.

That said, I'll have to drag Vanille out into rotation once again. With her USB (which is IC and provides Last Stand), coupled with having her LM2 AND the ability to use Wrath, I should be able to keep everyone healed well enough to work things out. If not...might have to drag Arc as well, even though he'll most likely be kept on healing duty.

Other than that...finally got Xezat maxed, so I might do a few more Isgebind runs before attempting Tiamat. Have nearly 220 Mythril stored, but I feel tempted to pull on one of the XI banners, most likely the first one that has lovely stuff for Ayame (AOSB, Glint, QC LMR), Aphmau (USB Medica with Instant Cast), and even the slot-saver thanks to Curilla (ProShellga, Last Stand, and Paladin!Cecil's healing "Chaser"). Have only two days to pull, but I *should* have enough Mythril to spare, perhaps enough for a pull in hopes of Waifu completion (i.e., Terra's Awakening) and maaaaybe a pull on Core banner.

If not...there's always Record Dungeons to finish.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.

27. - Top - End - #537

Quote Originally Posted by darkdragoon View Post
    Mostly Isgebind. I think I have enough damage but I need to really look at defense/different healer since Rosa's Magic blink won't help here.
    Eewww. I rather dislike Isgebind. One of the 4*s I struggle with.
    Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
    Doing the Corridor of Trials for Wind, and...that Furnace boss is oddly tough, even if it's not out of the ordinary to be honest.

The thing is; unlike King Bomb's unfair advantages (fighting as a team, forcing you to spread your forces), or Kalavinka Striker's insane speed, Grand Horn focuses on just raw damage. It starts with a solid strong Punch that can OHKO anything under 5k HP, and then it starts alternating between attacks before going for the Furnace attack. It'd be easier if it weren't because of two things: Break Resist 70% (for a creature that uses DEF-bypass and RES-bypass attacks, that's nuts) and increasing damage reduction (Weak? Damage is reduced. Very weak? Further damage reduction!). Other than that, it's just a tough guy.

Trying with some of the strongest people I have on Team Wind (Alphinaud, Zack, Cid), plus the designated debuffer (Vaan, which can also double as DPS with his Ultra) and healer. Here's where I switched strategies, because I need either two healers or a very efficient one. Furthermore, it seems the idea is to both make attacks whiff (i.e., Physical Blink) and let you take some brutal blows afterwards (i.e., Last Stand), so you got to have a healer that provides both, or two healers that provide one each.

That said, I'll have to drag Vanille out into rotation once again. With her USB (which is IC and provides Last Stand), coupled with having her LM2 AND the ability to use Wrath, I should be able to keep everyone healed well enough to work things out. If not...might have to drag Arc as well, even though he'll most likely be kept on healing duty.

Other than that...finally got Xezat maxed, so I might do a few more Isgebind runs before attempting Tiamat. Have nearly 220 Mythril stored, but I feel tempted to pull on one of the XI banners, most likely the first one that has lovely stuff for Ayame (AOSB, Glint, QC LMR), Aphmau (USB Medica with Instant Cast), and even the slot-saver thanks to Curilla (ProShellga, Last Stand, and Paladin!Cecil's healing "Chaser"). Have only two days to pull, but I *should* have enough Mythril to spare, perhaps enough for a pull in hopes of Waifu completion (i.e., Terra's Awakening) and maaaaybe a pull on Core banner.

If not...there's always Record Dungeons to finish.
    I found my Midgardsormr team beat him with just a bit of modification. Rather than doing reverse walling, I did elemental resist gear.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

28. - Top - End - #538
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    I found my Midgardsormr team beat him with just a bit of modification. Rather than doing reverse walling, I did elemental resist gear.
    The thing was that I used elemental resist gear, plus Dampen Earth, and Grand Horn still dealt a ton of damage. That said...

I beat it. Took some time, but I beat it.

Spoiler: Party Compo
    Show
    Alphinaud, lv. 99; Shear Feather, Fujin's Jacket, Tremor Earrings; Tiamat R5, Tornado R4; LM2/LM1/Dr. Mog's Teachings
    Zack, lv. 99; Ragnarok (8*), Greg's Guise, Crag Amulet; Ripping Blast R3, Lifesiphon R4; SOLDIER Follow-Up (LMR)/Scholar's Boon
    Vanille, lv. 99; Seraphim Mace (7*), Carmagnole (7*), Vanille's Necklace; Curada R5, Dispel R4; LM2/LM1/Knight's Charge
    Vaan, lv. 99; Ame-no-Murakumo, Keeper's Frock Coat, Winged Boots; Mug Bloodlust R5, Steal Power R3; Battleforged
    Fujin, lv. 99; Fujin's Moon Ring, Caster's Doublet (7*), Winged Boots; Raging Storm R3, Meltdown R4; LM2/LM1/World Traveler
    RW: Divine Veil Grimoire (Tyro)
    Magicite: Enkidu lv. 99/Wing Raider lv. 99, Isgebind lv. 94, Golem lv. 99, Bottomswell lv. 99

Mostly focused on having Vanille heal ASAP. Alphi used his SSB (with Radiant Shield!) as a starter, then kept using Tornado until I got enough charge for his BSB. Fujin used Raging Storm until she could use her SSB, then switch between it and Meltdown. Vaan was debuffing ATK normally, then switched to BSB ASAP and kept debuffing. And Zack...he was there mostly for Imperil Wind.

Note that, other than Vanille, everyone was using essentially nothing more than BSB or less strong abilities. You see, my Wind team is pretty much the weakest team; no Chain, only one kind of Imperil, and most of the Wind-related SBs are either SSB or BSB. Curiously, the few USBs I have related to Wind are meant for the debuffers (Zidane and, yes, Vaan; I actually managed to use his USB almost at the end, which helped with the kill), and Alphi's USB (which I used once or twice, and it actually did little compared to his SSB and BSB), meaning my better Wind SBs aren't USB or higher! (As a note: Vanille's USB was used quite a bit, but even her BSB was a shining example of greatness)

As I mentioned, the two main issues included a break resistance close to that of Magicites (which is bad when the ATK and MAG are pretty high, AND most of the attacks ignore DEF), and the increasing damage resistance. Hence, why I chose everyone for a particular reason:
    • Alphinaud was there to deal damage and buff. Once I fired up his BSB, the fact that he can deal good damage real fast, and his BSB Command 1 can be doublecast, hence dealing strong damage fast and easy. Having his SSB is a bonus.
    • Zack is mostly there to Imperil, hence why most of his first attacks were using Lifesiphon to reach that ASAP. That said, he took quite a bit of damage, hence having to wait. That said: his LMR gave a decent boost to damage.
    • Vanille was almost necessary because she could use Dispel, and because both her USB and BSB Medicas are IC, and because her LMR is a doublecast for WHM, hence she can fire up Medicas quite easily. That said, her Imperil Holy effect was lost.
    • Vaan's ATK debuffs were valuable to reduce the damage from Ultimate Punch, and pretty much all attacks other than Quakega...which was dealt with rather easily through his BSB. As I mentioned, I could use his USB almost at the end, and I could also work with using the Chaser at least once.
    • Fujin, of course, was there for one reason; to punch through the damage reduction. Most of the attacks hit hard early on, but once the damage reduction kicked in, Raging Storm dealt around 7k damage when everyone else was dealing around 2k per hit. That means dealing around 15k damage per use, roughly the same as everyone else or better.

Of course, the fact that I took a ton of damage meant I could only get to Expert. And you know what? That's worth the effort. Almost just as much as...

the 3/11 I got on XI Banner 1. I even got ONE DISCO from the deal!
    • Liliseth's Cermet Knife! This is her LMR, and it's...quite good, even though she can't do anything great with it, because she lacks a proper SSB+ relic. That said, it's doublecast Celerity, which isn't very common.
    • Prishe's Temple Cyclas! Another Light Armor for XI, which is pretty good. Also, sets her crit chance to 50% for a good amount of time. Combine that with Meteor Crash and a source of Haste (which she can cast!), and she has Onion Knight's USB benefits for her own! (Well, other than the increased cast speed...oh wait, she gets that from her BSB!)
    • Ayame's Zanbato! This is her USB, which combines a few nice benefits, including a boost to Critical damage, EnIce, and...well, major Retaliate, which is...nice? This pairs well with some Ice samurai attacks. It's a good catch, though I was honestly aiming for her Glint (because of stacking EnIce) or LMR (because it means she can increase her damage just by making more attacks with her BSB, WITH the chance of dualcasting on top). Still, nice catch.

Fun thing is, I still have one free 40x draw left. Waiting for a good Daily Draw result.
    On Lawful Good:

29. - Top - End - #539

Grats, Oskar!

I took a shot at Kraken. Has Ashe for dps, Garnet for chain, some supporters, and Elarra for USB. I was kinda messing around, Garnet died right before Wall came up, no chain. I thought what the hey, I'll keep going. Ashe actually did all the dps I needed, beat him in just over 30 seconds.

Tried again with a higher priority on defenses, kept Garnet alive, she got her chain off, and... it took almost exactly the same amount of time. Again just over 30 seconds.

Anyway, the good news is I can reliably beat Kraken around 30 seconds. Also, unlocked Siren and Hades. Haven't tried them yet.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

30. - Top - End - #540
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

so, it's nice they made the changes to 4* magicite drops and xp needed, but OH COME ON, I did like 5 kraken kills and a flurry of 3* lightning kills literally 2 days ago!, and used my arcana yesterday!