New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

For Magia I'm just rotating in my usuals as the first 10 or so are 1 battle each.

LOTRwise
    Debuff tech that is outdated but may still pop up for Torment (Lion, Setzer)
    Dualcasts on good characters (Rinoa, Galuf)
    a damage boost that is fine but really screams for an USB (Barrett)

2. - Top - End - #602
    Titan in the Playground

On the one hand, the IV LotR gave me yet another of Cecil's Lightbringer USB. Yawn.

On the other, today's daily draw gave me a USB. Nice!

On the other other, because this time there are three hands, it was Noel's Blazing Spirit USB. Which is (1) a dupe, and (2) Noel-gear. So... yawn.

On the other other other, because why not four, finally an ST Ice SPB other than Snowspell. And for free!

EDIT: Okay, folks, the first of the LDs is up! Get your LMRs! I got 2/11, Wakka (increase debuff duration) and Aria (chance to increase WHT healing after using WHT).

Also, so is the III LotR. 1/3, Desch's USB (MAG Lightning/Non damage, Imperil Lightning, reduce party offensive MAG cast time for 3 turns).

But that's not all! 4A Banner updates! They're swapping banners around. Our knowledge of details is limited.

First of all, we know that the banners will include, in order, (1) Zidane's Awakening, (2) Kain's Awakening, (3) Realm Chains, (4) Terra's and Bartz's Awakenings, and (5) Tidus' Awakening. (Source.) Assuming that the banners remain otherwise consistent, we can assume they'll look something like this. This appears to be supported by these banner images.

If this is the case, I'll likely switch my plan from 1/3/5 to 3/4/5. Zidane's and Kain's banners didn't impress me much.

Notably, they don't appear to list the Core Banner. However, there will be some very fine free draws.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2019-03-22 at 09:19 PM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

3. - Top - End - #603
    Firbolg in the Playground

Thanks for the info! And Desch USB, nice. I got Refia’s (literally my only relic for her, but I’ll take it).

Hmm. Bummer they changed the order. I was going to whale on Bartz AASB and apply the rest towards chains. Now... I dunno.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

4. - Top - End - #604
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Kittymari on Reddit posted a pretty good, and Looong, thread explaining several elements of the current state of the meta. Go check it when you guys have time. Very informative.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...f_soul_breaks/

My pulls have been pretty rewarding so far. I'm waiting to post everything at once after tomorrow.
    Last edited by Slayn82; 2019-03-23 at 03:46 PM.

5. - Top - End - #605

Quote Originally Posted by Slayn82 View Post
    Kittymari on Reddit posted a pretty good, and Looong, thread explaining several elements of the current state of the meta. Go check it when you guys have time. Very informative.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...f_soul_breaks/

My pulls have been pretty rewarding so far. I'm waiting to post everything at once after tomorrow.
    Wow, what a read. The case studies in particular. Look at similar SBs, see why one remained relevant.

And incoming pulls! Very exciting. Along with incoming pulls, incoming salt.

Edit: anyone do the OSB draw? I think imma skip. Weird, they used to be so sought after.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2019-03-24 at 06:15 AM.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

It's fun to discover something you missed.

Was trying to figure out if a dagger stat-stick would be better for Yuffie than the water boosting fist she's using for my 4* fire magicite team. In looking at that realized "what, why isn't she using water boosting armor?" So swapped that in, also "wait, why is she using 20% damage with a fist weapon, when I can have bartz use 30% with a sword, and swap that 30% when attacking a weakness to Yuffie?"

And then I noticed I've been using Rikku's en-water instead of her imperil water...

Yuffie's finisher for her AOS at 99 stack of Tidus' chain went from mid 50k to about 80k.

Only knocked a second and a half off my clear time (down to just over 25 seconds) but was fun.

And yeah, sticking with the 20% water fist weapon.

7. - Top - End - #607

Quote Originally Posted by huttj509 View Post
    It's fun to discover something you missed.

Was trying to figure out if a dagger stat-stick would be better for Yuffie than the water boosting fist she's using for my 4* fire magicite team. In looking at that realized "what, why isn't she using water boosting armor?" So swapped that in, also "wait, why is she using 20% damage with a fist weapon, when I can have bartz use 30% with a sword, and swap that 30% when attacking a weakness to Yuffie?"

And then I noticed I've been using Rikku's en-water instead of her imperil water...

Yuffie's finisher for her AOS at 99 stack of Tidus' chain went from mid 50k to about 80k.

Only knocked a second and a half off my clear time (down to just over 25 seconds) but was fun.

And yeah, sticking with the 20% water fist weapon.
    Ooohhh nice optimization. I like going through my teams when the occasion arises, making sure they have the best gear on.

Oh. Or reading and experimenting. Right now my Ice team has Squall with BSB2, RM is a double cast Spellblade one. However, I think Gathering Storm might be better, going to try that soon.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

8. - Top - End - #608
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Ooohhh nice optimization. I like going through my teams when the occasion arises, making sure they have the best gear on.

Oh. Or reading and experimenting. Right now my Ice team has Squall with BSB2, RM is a double cast Spellblade one. However, I think Gathering Storm might be better, going to try that soon.
    I'm trying to decide how to tell if Bartz is better off with 30% dmage with sword equipped, or the doublecast spellblade materia. Would be nice if the doublecasts were somehow showing if they came from the LMR or RM. Since the LMR alone *could* be getting those procs it doesn't feel as visceral unless I get a triplecast.

9. - Top - End - #609

I'm trying to decide how to tell if Bartz is better off with 30% dmage with sword equipped, or the doublecast spellblade materia. Would be nice if the doublecasts were somehow showing if they came from the LMR or RM. Since the LMR alone *could* be getting those procs it doesn't feel as visceral unless I get a triplecast.
    And for those times you get the quadruple+casts... *shudders*

That is a tough one. Especially if you have chains.

I currently only run Gathering Storm on my Ixion team (to entrust Bartz for EnEarth BSB -> USB1 -> USB2 -> Spellblades, and I use Arc for Blink rather than Elarra) and Siren team (on Elarra, ‘cause MM and the other MM are taken). Thinking I should branch out.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

10. - Top - End - #610
    Titan in the Playground

And the last of the LDs is up! USB time! 1/11 for me - Garland's, with damage, En-Dark, DRK abilities reduce delay, and DRK abilities trigger a chase. Nice!

The last of the LotRs is also up, 2/3 for me, both rainbows, two copies of Sarah's BSB.

And now, onto what else is new: There are Special Selection Record Dungeons, with missions for same, including Tyro's Arcane Overstrike relic as a reward! We also have various gift dungeons, event realm dungeons, and other fun bits.

Dig in, folks. 4A is officially here!
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

11. - Top - End - #611
    Troll in the Playground

So...remember when I posted the previous results for the Happy Gacha, and I said that they were really, really good, and that I could possibly jinx it? Well...guess what?

Jinxed. BIG time.

Spoiler: Happy Gacha results
    Show
    • Krile's Asura Rod (V). One of the two draws, and the dupe. Basically, an EnFire BSB with Commands that combine Fire/NE damage with status effects (Command 1 has Interrupt, Command 2 has Slow). Decent, but not as impressive as Squall's one. Or even Papalymo's one.
    • Faris' Epaulet (V). The other result of the V draw, and the non-dupe. It's an LMR, which boosts damage based on the number of stat debuffs, meaning that you max the damage boost with a Hyper Break. Since Faris is the Queen of Debuffs, she has a decent boost to damage that way. It's also +Wind Light Armor.
    • Cecil's Guise (IV). Another LMR, and this one is...poor. Boost to DEF based on number of attacks taken, when most attacks eventually ignore DEF. The silver lining? It's +Holy Heavy Armor, meaning I can combine it with a good weapon to deal tons of Holy damage.
    • CoD's Calcite Rod (III). Another dupe. It's a good BSB, what with Radiant Shield, but the commands aren't that great.
    • Guy's Viking Axe (II). Another LMR, and for a character I don't use. It's +dmg. when wielding Axes, and the weapon itself is an axe, so it's self-boosting in its own way.
    • Echo's Captain Costume (I). Notice how the results were either a dupe or an LMR? Well, this one is both A dupe and an LMR. The LMR is pretty nice, and I've gotten a good amount of traction from it, but getting stuff for FFI characters is so rare now, a dupe feels depressing.

As for the Lucky Draws? I only pulled on one. With the upcoming Mythril, that means I got up to FIVE draws for what's most likely the most sought-after Banner. Of course, you probably know which of the three draws I made: OSBs are no longer that cool, and you probably figured I don't want more LMRs. So, what did I got from the USB Lucky?

3/11, with only one dupe.
    Spoiler: USB Lucky!
    Show
    • Cinque's Shock Hammer. The one dupe, making a +Earth weapon much better.
    • Agrias' Durandal! You know, barring Save the Queen, I got all of the original FFT's Knight's Swords! (Durandal is the weakest, followed by Save the Queen, then Excalibur, then Ragnarok, and finally the Chaos Blade). This one, that said, is GREAT! Alright, so...remember Cleansing Strike? A Reverse Wall with a 50% reduction? Alright, so...you might ALSO remember Holy Knight's Charge, which is EnHoly. Well, Loyal Blade, the USB, combines these two with a +KNT damage boost. This is a great Ultra that makes Agrias a disturbingly good Knight. Much superior than Beatrix, though both of them are chillingly brutal on their own regard.
    • Hilda's Lamia's Harp! A harp with huge MND, for a character I lacked anything. Despite that, it's a sweet USB Medica - IC, Curaja-level, +DEF and...Last Stand! Sure, it's no Haste (Gordon provides that) or slot saver, but Hilda happens to have a good skill set.

Everything said, this was a good haul. The Ultra Lucky, I mean.
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

12. - Top - End - #612
    Ogre in the Playground

So the free 40 draw should be up in ~3 1/2 hours.

For my draws tho

Parade:
    1/3 - Master BSB. Why not. Already have everything else for him I think.

Lucky:
    Iwantmymithrilback/11 - Aerith USB1. A dupe
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

13. - Top - End - #613

Good pulls, bad pulls.

Me, I got a BSB for WoL from LotR. I’ll never use it, but he’s more complete.

Went 3/11 on the Ultra LD. 2 dupes though, and the other will probably never see action.

Edit: but I am enjoying 4A overall. I noticed the Arcana place of Orbfest. Makes for some hard decisions.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2019-03-25 at 12:14 AM.

14. - Top - End - #614
    Ogre in the Playground

Free draws are up!

40 draw: 6/40 2 Rainbow, 4 Disco
    Rikku BSB1
    Gladio Glint
    Luneth OSB (I drew his AOSB from the parade >_> )
    Meia OSB
    Seifer USB
    Papa AOSB

8 Draw:
    Shantotto BSB
    Terra BSB (the bad one)
    Wrieg BSB
    Fang BSB
    Queen LMR (dupe, but +lightning armor so I'll take it)
    Zell LMR
    Yang Glint

And.....

Master AOSB.

I think I now have a complete Master. Overall, undecided. Seifer USB is the best thing since dark is a weak point.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

15. - Top - End - #615

I got Master AOSB too!

8 draw: 1 disco (Master AOSB), 7 other things (including 2 different LMR for Freya, huh).

40 pull: 2 disco, 4 rainbow. USB for Ramza (a new one, offensive) and WoL. Yay free stuff.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

16. - Top - End - #616

RedWizardGuy

Time to sum uo what I got.

Spoiler
    Show
    Countdown:
    FF Tactics - Agrias's USB
    Type 0 - Queen's BSB
    FF XV - Gladiolus'S RLM2
    XIV - Thancred's Poison BSB
    XIII - Fang's BSB
    XII- Gabranth's RLM Barbut
    XI- Shantoto's BSB Dupe, Ayame's BSB
    X- Auron's BSB Fire dupe
    IX- Quina's RLM dupe
    VIII- Selphie's USB2
    VII- Elena's BSB
    VI- Leo's BSB
    V- Bartz Arcane USB
    IV - Ursula's Arcane USB
    III- Arc's USB Brave mode
    II- Guy's BSB
    I- Dupe WoL USB.

40 pull - Rinoa's USB Brave, Ultimecia's OSB, Gang & Golbez En element RLMs.

Granted 8:
    Bursts: Elena VII, Szah XIII.
    Materia: Ingus, Kain, Penelo, Delita.
    Squall's fire glint
    Tidus's Arcane Soul Break.

Let's see: Selphie consolidated herself as my best single healer, with both USBs, a materia and an excellent BSB. Arc musters some competition, when all you need is healing. He probably can take over Eiko's BSB duties.

Agrias became great again, Ayame can do the OSB+BSB top combo from 2017, Bartz got an Arcane, but his DPS without USB is somewhat low, just BSB + OSB. Delita in comparison is top spellblade DPS along Celes.

Big winners are Rinoa's and Tidus. Tidus will be a freaking monster with his Arcane and USB. And Rinoa gets to be a powerful Earth Mage again, along all her Ice powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

17. - Top - End - #617
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Prompto's lightning chain 2. ding ding we have a winner.
    type-0 ice imperil with stat debuff, maybe on my magic ice team, I'll need to check.
    Warrior of Light OSB, meh, and a dupe. But I can make a + weapon boosting Holy out of it.
    Rapha BSB that buffs the party's magic and also heals allies while damaging the enemy...I can work with this.
    Vivi en-fire BSB, dupe, but a +fire rod.
    Braska en-fire BSB. Might fit in my magic fire team.
    Rubicante en-fire BSB....ok, I think I can fill out my magic fire team, game.

Lulu Arcane Overstrike, on ice damage bracers.
    Lulu glint.
    Kain en-lightning LMR
    Sarah (I) heal all sometimes when using bard LMR
    Lenna heal all chance when using white magic LMR (dupe)
    Gaffgarion mini-trance LMR (when low on health full heal and reduce delay)
    Zell en-fire BSB...I'm good on fire monks, thx.
    Lenna healing BSB, dupe.

Edit: Hmmm, what's the most efficient way to get Prompto enough meter for 2 soul bursts? I already have his lightning machinist machine gun USB. That combines nicely with the chain.
    Last edited by huttj509; 2019-03-25 at 08:07 AM.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Titan in the Playground

Busy morning, folks! But let's sum up.

First, a summary of my LotRs:
    Spoiler: LotRs
    Show
    • T0: 1/3. Ace's Summer Uniform (BSB), dupe.
    • FFT: 2/3. Ramza's Brigandine (LMR), dupe. Meliadoul's Save the Queen (BSB), new.
    • XV: 2/3. Noctis' Axe of the Conqueror (AOSB), dupe. Aranea's Cowl (BSB), new.
    • XIV: 1/3. Alphinaud's Morkinskinna (Brave USB), new.
    • XIII: 1/3. Vanille's Mistelteinn (BSB), dupe.
    • XII: 1/3. Larsa's Princely Raiment (BSB), dupe.
    • XI: 1/3. Aphmau's Jadagna (USB), dupe.
    • X: 1/3. Auron's Echo Bracer (Glint), new.
    • IX: 1/3. Steiner's Stoneblade (OSB), dupe.
    • VIII: 1/3. Ultimecia's Doom Mace (OSB), new.
    • VII: 1/3. Yuffie's Mystile (Glint), dupe.
    • VI: 1/3. Shadow's Kagenui (USB), new.
    • V: 1/3. Kelger's Cloak (LMR), new.
    • IV: 1/3. Cecil's Lightbringer (USB), dupe.
    • III: 1/3. Desch's Gladius (USB), new.
    • II: 1/3. Minwu's Shining Staff (USB), dupe.
    • I: 2/3. Sarah's Light Robe (BSB), new. Sarah's Light Robe (BSB), dupe.

Next, LDs!
    Spoiler: Lucky Draws
    Show
    • LMR: 2/11. Wakka's Cerulean Armguard, new. Aria's Spirit Ring, new.
    • OSB: Skip!
    • USB: 1/11. Garland's Rebellion, new.

Next, my big anniversary pulls!
    Spoiler: Anniversary Freebies
    Show

40x pull: 8/40, two discos:
    • Magic Shuriken: Yuffie's BSB. CMD2 has a little Mug Bloodlust to it, but otherwise, like most BSBs, it shows its age. A dupe, though.
    • Wonder Wand: Tellah's BSB. The entry is fantastic - Faithga + Hastega and reduced magic cast time. On top of that, it has the Maria-style commands, with one a +MAG/-DEF bargain and the other dealing more damage based on MAG. New, and pretty solid.
    • Gladius: Bartz' Wind BSB. That makes three. It's the Wind version of his Fire BSB, with its +SPB abilities on CMD2, which is great. And it's new.
    • Vanille's Guise: Vanille's LMR. +WHT healing when using WHT. Yo, dawg, we put WHT in your WHT so you can WHT while you WHT. And a dupe.
    • Seraph Comb: Red XIII's LMR. Chance to W-cast BLM. Pretty sure this is a dupe.
    • Terra's Cloak: Terra's Glint. Typical stacking En-Element (Fire) plus reduced delay. Not bad, and it's new.
    • Healing Rod: Aerith's USB, the good one. Alas, a dupe.
    • Balmung: Gabranth's Brave USB. En-Dark, grants extra Heavy Charge when you gain Heavy Charge, triggers off of Dark abilities. Really nice.

Present pull: Seven rainbows, one disco:
    • Prompto's Fatigues: Prompto's BSB. New, and not bad, but as I've said, BSBs have aged.
    • Paine's Guise: Paine's BSB. The Dispel is nice, but it's a dupe.
    • Orlandeau's Cloak: RAIJIN CID's BSB. Good armor, but a dupe.
    • Sleipnir's Tail: Rydia's Earth BSB. Again, good item, but a dupe.
    • Zeus Mace: Porom's BSB. Guess what? It's new. Fairly standard - CMD1 trades typical 0CT for a Raise function, but otherwise normal.
    • Magitek Dagger: Thancred's BSB2. That's a dupe, too. But hey, PHY Bio is apparently a thing again, perhaps.
    • Flame Whip: Rydia's Glint. SMN ability boost is pretty darn significant, actually. So that's pretty great.
    • Chaosbringer: Garland's AOSB. New! Man, this game is suddenly really pushing Garland on me, huh?

Busy morning indeed. Time to farm up some relic mastery.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2019-03-25 at 08:47 AM.

19. - Top - End - #619

RedWizardGuy

Edit: Hmmm, what's the most efficient way to get Prompto enough meter for 2 soul bursts? I already have his lightning machinist machine gun USB. That combines nicely with the chain.
    Combat 4 Support 5 means both LifeSiphon and Wrath.

I have his USB and BSB, use LifeSiphon and R4 Tempest Snipe with Ace Striker on him. LifeSiphonx3 early, USB and Snipes, BSB and commands until USB and Snipes, and you are set for most fights.

I think Shout Chains don't work well with other SBs on the Chain Holder, unless you are finishing or have a dedicated enthruster. Unlike old generation chains like Ingus and Rinoa, that you don't need early in the fight for the damage buff.
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

20. - Top - End - #620

Hmm. I feel like this game just wants me to not get chains. We’ll see how that banner goes.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

21. - Top - End - #621

BardGuy

40x was pretty middling. Well, Exdeath is actually quite solid, it's just his shtick doesn't really work on Gilgamesh.

8x was pretty good.

22. - Top - End - #622

RedWizardGuy

So, everyone playing the waiting game for banners 3-5?

Meanwhile, I decided to pull on the half price USB banner, got Marche's USB. Giving Quickcast to the party physical attacks after Knight abilities.

Time to stomp enemies like real life crushing the dreams of little kids.

23. - Top - End - #623

Meanwhile, I decided to pull on the half price USB banner, got Marche's USB. Giving Quickcast to the party physical attacks after Knight abilities.

Ho. Ly. Smokes.

I read about Marche USB, that it was in lots of Holy parties, but never bothered looking up what it does. I see.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

24. - Top - End - #624
    Titan in the Playground

That's me, yeah. Banner 1 is just two thieves and a rebel, nothing I care for. Banner 2 offers Raines stuff, Alphi's Chain, and OK's USB3, but with my luck I'll walk away with a Pencil Glint.

Technically, I have enough to do four pulls. And since we're not getting a Core banner, apparently, I could always go for Banner 2-5. Or, and hear me out, I could do two pulls on one of the latter three banners.

Decisions, decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Ho. Ly. Smokes.

I read about Marche USB, that it was in lots of Holy parties, but never bothered looking up what it does. I see.
    I know, right? It's an obscene force multiplier. Especially with a Holy Chain - if everyone is rapid-firing, that number ticks up fast. He's a big reason my Dark Magicite team turned around so well.

25. - Top - End - #625
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

I wanted to pull on the USB banner, but I'm at 100 mythril now and would like 3 pulls on ma boy Bartz and didn't want to do the math.

26. - Top - End - #626

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    That's me, yeah. Banner 1 is just two thieves and a rebel, nothing I care for. Banner 2 offers Raines stuff, Alphi's Chain, and OK's USB3, but with my luck I'll walk away with a Pencil Glint.

Technically, I have enough to do four pulls. And since we're not getting a Core banner, apparently, I could always go for Banner 2-5. Or, and hear me out, I could do two pulls on one of the latter three banners.

Decisions, decisions.

Core banner has been spotted.

B1- I have good stuff for Zidane and Vaan, USBs for the classic guys too but there's enough dupes and timing to where I may just wait until Wednesday morning to be sure
    B2- Kain and Raines have carried me for 2+years so more stuff for them would be great. Also Alph and OK. Pecil is a sentimental favorite as well.
    B3- enough dupes to be dicey but pretty much my #1 wanted LMR and chains. Argh.
    B4-ludicrous amounts of power
    B5-upgrades in two realms/elements I could use. Double Argh.

27. - Top - End - #627
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

I notice Kain's awaken Dragoon seems to increase his cap by 2, while other awakenings increase it by 1. Is this to compensate for the jump delay?

28. - Top - End - #628
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

just learned this:

Go to your patry screen. Long press on a character.

From here you can view their magia distribution, go straight to upgrading that magia, review their sphere skills, and review their crystal water benefits, and go straight to upgrading that character's crystal water.

Thank you Reddit.

29. - Top - End - #629
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darkdragoon View Post
    Core banner has been spotted.
    Huh. Deep-diving into Reddit, and... yup. Apparently we're getting it on the 6th, basically a Fest Banner 6. Who knew? Do we also get the three-for-two deal on it?

Well, on a related note, the familiar Sandslice has a relic analysis for us, here. Short version? Yeah, unless you like THF or need help with Holy Magicite, everyone's waiting for 3-5.

Spoiler: Fel on Banners
    Show
    • Banner 1: I have Zidane's Grand Lethal USB, with the chaser that can Imperil Wind, so I'm basically set for him. Vaan is the worst, Firion is also the worst, and I'm set on o'Light and Shantotto. Skip.
    • Banner 2: I have Kain's Luminous Dragoon USB. It's not quite as awesome as his Awakening, but it covers some of the same bases. OK's selections are actively worse than what I already have for him, and I already have Alphi's Brave USB. Pencil's Brave sounds pretty nice, but Raines' Ability Double makes me fear for my hones. Probably skip.
    • Banner 3: I have Ignis' BSB. Other than that, it's all new, and it's all upgrades. One pull.
    • Banner 4: I have Cloud's Dark Heavy USB. Everything else is pure win. One pull.
    • Banner 5: I have Vanille's LMR. Everything else about this banner is amazing, especially Celes' USB, which is another version of Marche's USB. One pull.
    • Banner Core: Dr. Mog's USB seems really potent, in either an offensive MAG or healing role. Biggs' USB seems a pretty decent way to tack damage onto an otherwise sub-par KNT. Wedge's USB doesn't impress. Tyro's critfixing Hastega doesn't impress. Elarra's USB1 is amazing, but her USB2 is only decent. Dr. Mog's Glint is amazing, an instant-cast wall, but I can already instant-cast wall by using it as an RW on a character that starts with IC. The rest of the Glints and LMRs are unimpressive. Elarra's BSB isn't overwhelming. Overall, a few solid relics but nothing I'm screaming over.

Feel like I might just skip the Core, as well as Banners 1 and 2.

I notice Kain's awaken Dragoon seems to increase his cap by 2, while other awakenings increase it by 1. Is this to compensate for the jump delay?
    I think it's to compensate for the lack of W-cast. Most Awakenings include a W-cast, but instead, Kain gets non-delay jumps. That's still slightly less powerful than a W-cast, so I guess they boosted him to compensate.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2019-03-26 at 03:34 PM.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

"hmmm, what crystals do I need, meh, I wish there was..."
    /me sees arcana feast dungeon
    "nevermind, I'm good."