New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Was all excited for this banner. Tons of good stuff. 1/11, Raines Glint.
    Agreed, tons of good stuff, but I couldn't bring myself to blow a full pull on it, especially given the Greed Sensor. Did a 1-pull, got nothing, minimal regret.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

2. - Top - End - #902
    Firbolg in the Playground

How’re people faring against the 0 beta?

I found I have a good few USBs for 0, but the spread is wonky. Mag, Phy, Wht. Fire, Lightning, Earth, Holy. Managed to beat the first 2 and got the third about 70% down.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

3. - Top - End - #903
    Titan in the Playground

How’re people faring against the 0 beta?

I found I have a good few USBs for 0, but the spread is wonky. Mag, Phy, Wht. Fire, Lightning, Earth, Holy. Managed to beat the first 2 and got the third about 70% down.
    D180 mastered, D260 completed. Not even touching D350.

My spread is like yours - a few good ones, but wonky. I feel like that's T-0 in a nutshell. I mean, here's my spread.

Spoiler: For Length
    Show
    • Ace: BSB. Actually pretty decent, with a MAG Bargain on one command and reduced cast time on the other. And a pBlink on Burst. But he doesn't compete with the rest of Team Fire, not remotely.
    • Deuce: USB, BSB, and really awkwrad LMR. (Increase WHT after using BRD, really?) The USB is very good, at least.
    • Nine: USB. A good way to Imperil Wind, at least. Functional.
    • Machina: USB, BSB, and OSB. Too bad he's utter crap. Just the worst. Also, he's Earth and Dark, but doesn't use HVY, so he's really just Earth?
    • Rem: OSB. Ooh, Holy or Fire damage. Once again, crap.
    • Queen: USB and BSB. She's slightly better than Machina, but only slightly; her USB doesn't even have a chaser, just fast-cast cycling.
    • King: Nothing.
    • Cinque: BSB and SSB. This is actually infuriating, because she's my de facto SUP-user, but all the crap I have for her relies on her HVY use. In any event, ooh, more Earth.
    • Seven: Nothing.
    • Sice: Nothing.
    • Jack: USB. It's a nice Fire PHY boost, but the fact that it reduces him to basically nothing is absurd. And bad.
    • Eight: Nothing.
    • Cater: Nothing.

So overall, that's three Fire (two MAG, one PHY), one Wind, two Earth, one Lightning, and one healbot. Nothing around which to build a consistent team. No Boostga/Faithga/Hastega, the only defensive function of Deuce's USB is a RES boost, and minimal SUP function.

I mean, it's a team that could really use some better gear, but also, I have basically zero desire to whale for these losers.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

4. - Top - End - #904

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    I have basically zero desire to whale for these losers.
    Couldn’t have said it better myself.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

5. - Top - End - #905
    Titan in the Playground

Couldn’t have said it better myself.
    Stealth pun for the win!

6. - Top - End - #906

Stealth pun for the win!
    10/10

I did another pull. 2/10, Lightning Glint+ and Snow RM. Not a total wash.

Edit: but did get Larsa USB2 on the daily. Helluva relic. Win.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2019-08-13 at 01:29 PM.

7. - Top - End - #907
    Titan in the Playground

In other news, I've managed to go from no 4-star Magicites done to two - Kraken and Tiamat. In Tiamat's case, I actually managed to go from having never cleared it straight to sub30, but that's pretty much exclusively because of Squall's Awakening. Kraken is... Still a work in progress.

But hey, it's progress!

8. - Top - End - #908
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Today was busier and took longer so I didn't get to farm greens as much as I would have liked but all the "important" stuff was taken care of.

XIII: Snow could help immediately with ice but Lightning and Raines would likely be more useful long term.
    VI: in general I'm lacking here, and Locke and Strago could both be really helpful.

9. - Top - End - #909

In other news, I've managed to go from no 4-star Magicites done to two - Kraken and Tiamat. In Tiamat's case, I actually managed to go from having never cleared it straight to sub30, but that's pretty much exclusively because of Squall's Awakening. Kraken is... Still a work in progress.

But hey, it's progress!
    Big grats!
    Quote Originally Posted by darkdragoon View Post
    Today was busier and took longer so I didn't get to farm greens as much as I would have liked but all the "important" stuff was taken care of.

XIII: Snow could help immediately with ice but Lightning and Raines would likely be more useful long term.
    VI: in general I'm lacking here, and Locke and Strago could both be really helpful.
    If I get another 50 mythril I’m thinking to pull on the VI banner. Lots of new goodies I could use.

I was also thinking to do some serious upgrades this weekend (I work Wed-Sat), have a hoard of artifact stuff, motes, ruby whatevers, crystals. Going to work around 5* magicites, Do a couple new Torments.

Maybe. I’m also working on a game. Want to progress on that too.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

10. - Top - End - #910

Farmed 2 99 Behemoth Kings. Got 1 Lakshmi. Figured I’d buff my Holy team before trying to beat Deathgaze so that I can have an easier time beating Madeen >.>

EDIT: Got 50 mythril again (man this game is generous), was going to pull on VI banner 1 primarily for Celes AASB. Did 100 gems, got Celes AASB. Now unsure what to do with 50 mythril. A third 11-pull on XIII banner 1? Only 3 dupes. Highly tempting.

EDIT EDIT: Bad decision of the evening, did indeed do that last pull. 2/11, 2 LMRs. At least they were new. Still, dropped 150 mythril on that dang banner and the only 6* was a Glint+.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2019-08-20 at 12:28 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

11. - Top - End - #911

BardGuy

Well, I got snow and rain but no thunder.

12. - Top - End - #912

Well, I got snow and rain but no thunder.
    Ha, I like it.

Do tell.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

13. - Top - End - #913

BardGuy

Morning "oh crud it's the last day isn't it" pull:
    Snow Awaken
    Snow enice
    Raines endark
    Raines Glint

came back from errands, said oh heck why not:
    Raines Glint again
    Snow Awaken again and I start to go into my "yay lenses"
    Raines Awaken

Hopefully tomorrow isn't too crazy so I can really put them to use, but just mastered and started on FF1 event.

14. - Top - End - #914

Morning "oh crud it's the last day isn't it" pull:
    Snow Awaken
    Snow enice
    Raines endark
    Raines Glint

came back from errands, said oh heck why not:
    Raines Glint again
    Snow Awaken again and I start to go into my "yay lenses"
    Raines Awaken

Hopefully tomorrow isn't too crazy so I can really put them to use, but just mastered and started on FF1 event.
    Niiiiiice!

I’m jelly.

Edit: I’ve been throwing myself against Deathgaze. Have a pretty solid team put together, but no chain. The damage just isn’t there. Even with TG Cid breaking savage mode with his OSB. Think I’ll hold off until I have a Holy CSB who knows when. Back to the elemental wheel.

Edit edit: free chains
    August: Lightning for Reno
    September: Ice for Fran
    October: Water for Edge
    November: Wind for Freya
    December: Earth for Rude
    January: Holy for Pecil

Not that it’s exactly one per month. Some of these look good, others I’m not particularly excited for. If nothing else I should be able to beat Deathgaze in January >.>
    Last edited by danzibr; 2019-08-23 at 09:22 AM.

15. - Top - End - #915
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm still around, have been too busy to do more than log in for daily missions and try to keep up with events.

I've got a nice Mythril stockpile rebuilding and have been getting my Magica Crystal levels up - I've got my first batch of crystal farmers close to 100 (will be switching them for other Magicite fighters when they hit).

I did get two 6*s on daily pulls durring the VI event - both VI relics - so this is my sort of VI event pull:

Cyan USB: 6* Katana (no elemental bonus). Multi hit entry, EX mode - Double Samurai abilities. - This could be rather strong. I've no source of En-Element on him but assured double casting is a nice thing to have all the same and it fits with my very fire focused VI team. I'll consider him on future Torment attempts/

Terra USB: 6* Armor (+Wind). Multi hit, enWind and EX-Wind chase. - I had been completely unaware that Terra was a wind mage. None of the LMR I have for her support her as a Wind mage but this makes her appealing as an option for my Wind team when I eventually work my way around the wheel. If nothing else, a mage focused +Wind armor is a nice thing to have.

16. - Top - End - #916

Nice!

And I’m not sure how exactly the mechanics work, but Terra can be a rockstar Wind (or Earth) mage with only her Fire relics thanks to Meltdown. In particular, I have her Awakening and double cast Fire LMR. She’s on my 5* Magicite teams for Wind Fire and Earth.

Edit: oh yeah, much to my surprise I was able to beat the toughest I dream boss. WoL, Wol, Garland, Sarah, Rosa. Think I’ll try the 2nd Torment.

Related edit: yup, 2nd Torment down! I think I can beat all the 240 Torments now, actually. I'll make that my "weekend" goal. 200 rubies or whatever a pop, I have like 5 of them to beat. Nice.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2019-08-25 at 02:23 AM.

17. - Top - End - #917

Yup, beat all the 280 (typo in my previous post) Torments. Up to over 2k rubies. Time to go on a shopping spree to help the elemental 5* magicites.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

18. - Top - End - #918

Egad, I hate to triple post, but man nobody else has posted in over a week. This second tenth thread of ours needs some love.

Scrapped up some mythril (hitting that 50 is so satisfying), did a pull, went 1/11: Rinoa AASB. I rarely spend money on myself, so spent $30, did a pull, got 3/11: Rinoa AOSB, Glint+, LMR. My Rinoa is stacked now.

Progress-wise, now have 8/16 5* Magicite done, all totally farmed except Belias (currently working on, have 2/12).

Continuing the wheel, supposed to do Ice next. I have an AASB for both phy and mag (Bartz and Terra) but no chain. We'll see. Tried earlier and failed, but maybe a better Magicite deck will do it.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

19. - Top - End - #919

BardGuy

Nearly have Marilith down and I need to finish off the mission today anyway.

20. - Top - End - #920

Nearly have Marilith down and I need to finish off the mission today anyway.
    Nice! How’s overall magicite progress?

Man the banners are so good nowadays. Multiple awakenings and chains. Looking ahead I feel no desire to save for future fests. Yeah synchro soul breaks are the bomb but the drop rate is so low I’m not shooting for one. I’d rather drop 50 on a banner for a realm I need improvement on.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

21. - Top - End - #921

A few pages ago we (Antonok and I???) were talking about taking down Mateus. But both of us, lacking chains, just couldn't quite break that 10k mark with Bartz AASB.

Then I read you can use an off chain.

So right now I'm auto farming Geosgaeno (24 down, 8 to go), then when that's over, I just need 3 more Belias and I'll have 100% farmed Lightning, Water, and Fire magicites. Then I'll be ready to attempt Mateus again.

But this time... I'm going to bring Galuf chain. I won't get the 30% field bonus or the 20% slightly weak to Fire bonus, but I'm going to try to stack Bartz to the max with +Earth gear and Galuf chain. See if that does the trick.

Or I might just try to do the fight how it's meant to be done. Edgar for Imperil, Ignis for buffing Bartz, probably Tyro for Wall + Enthrusting Bartz, then Bartz EnFire BSB + USB1/2 + AASB.

In either case, feeling good.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

22. - Top - End - #922

BardGuy

Nice! How’s overall magicite progress?

Man the banners are so good nowadays. Multiple awakenings and chains. Looking ahead I feel no desire to save for future fests. Yeah synchro soul breaks are the bomb but the drop rate is so low I’m not shooting for one. I’d rather drop 50 on a banner for a realm I need improvement on.
    as mentioned I feel real close on Marilith but I haven't had time this week to give it another go.

Tiamat is further away, Snow moved it from nope to possible but I need more depth.
    Last edited by darkdragoon; 2019-09-03 at 09:57 PM.

23. - Top - End - #923

as mentioned I feel real close on Marilith but I haven't had time this week to give it another go.

Tiamat is further away, Snow moved it from nope to possible but I need more depth.
    Well yeah, I meant overall progress. Still, nice!

I think I can break Mateus Ice rage with a newish setup. Just can’t try it due to maintenance.

Bartz, 800+ atk, 2 +Fire gear, double cast LM, +dan LM, +Fire RM. BSB->USB2(?)->AASB. Buffed by Ignis with his BSB, and Tyro with Warrior’s Hymn or whatever it is. Tyro also does Armor Breakdown. And Edward Imperils. And Bella’s gives +Fire.

Hopefully this’ll be enough to break Ice Rage with only AASB strikes. Hopefully. Look forward to testing it out.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

24. - Top - End - #924
    Ogre in the Playground

Haven't bothered with logging in for the last month? Longer? Between the gacha and a bed bug infestation, my time and patience hasn't been at the level required for RK lol.

I did log in yesterday and farmed up 15 mithril and did a 3 pull on the VIII B2, which amazingly netted me Seifer's CSB! Now just have to find some time and/or drive to find a way to beat Madeen. Don't think it should be *too* much of an issue as if I recall, it's more of a status fight rather than needing sheer damage.

Now all I need is a water chain. Then try to upgrade all my gen1 chains to a gen2...
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

25. - Top - End - #925

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    Haven't bothered with logging in for the last month? Longer? Between the gacha and a bed bug infestation, my time and patience hasn't been at the level required for RK lol.

I did log in yesterday and farmed up 15 mithril and did a 3 pull on the VIII B2, which amazingly netted me Seifer's CSB! Now just have to find some time and/or drive to find a way to beat Madeen. Don't think it should be *too* much of an issue as if I recall, it's more of a status fight rather than needing sheer damage.

Now all I need is a water chain. Then try to upgrade all my gen1 chains to a gen2...
    Good to have you back! And grats on the 3 pull, Seifer CSB, very nice.

I only had 1 relic on that banner, did an 11 pull. 1/11, Laguna Glint. Oomph. Looks like I’m not destined to beat Madeen soon.

9/16 100% done with 5* magicite though. Next up, Manticore.

Edit: by a strange twist of fate, on the daily draw got Seifer AASB. It’s like I got 2/11.

Edit edit; thank to Seifer AASB, beat Madeen. 4 times (slapped Blade & Spell Ward on her, will go in literally every single deck). Still need 3 more at 99 (1 with Attack and Crit Chance, 1 with Attack and Crit Damage, 1 with Magic and Health). So 12 more kills, then the rest of my Magicite farming should go a lot easier, having substantially better decks.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2019-09-08 at 03:27 PM.

26. - Top - End - #926
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, kids. LotR is back upon us again. And you know what that means.

Warning: Incoming Fest.

Hope you're all ready. Because I'm not. I am behind on my mythril count and I am not at all happy about it. Hopefully the new dungeons will help get me back up to total.

EDIT: And heck with it, did the first pull. 1/3, Deuce's USB. Hey, did you know that Deuce has two USBs? Because I do. Because now I have both. Ugh. At least it's not a dupe.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2019-09-09 at 09:24 PM.

27. - Top - End - #927
    Ogre in the Playground

1/3 - Disco

Cater's USB. Not bad. Dual Cast dive with an imperil usb. Will help with Torment at the very least.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?

Steam Profile

28. - Top - End - #928

Nice pulls! Well at least you got discos.

I intend to pull on LotR but am saving for a pull on the chain banner. Just too good. Only have 20 some mythril though.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

29. - Top - End - #929
    Ogre in the Playground

FFT draw is up

1/3 Ramza LMR. Meh. A dupe.

Probably won't draw on any more until X.

Steam Profile

30. - Top - End - #930
    Titan in the Playground

I'd pull on the chain banner, but I already have enough of them to make the salt too risky.

Next LotR is up, FFT time: 1/3, a rainbow. But it's a really good rainbow - Genocide Kid's LMR, granting a massive damage boost to KNT abilities while a sword is equipped. Which, of course it is. Do you know how many FFT weapons are swords? Basically all of them.