Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1631323334353637383940414243 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1290
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    danzibr's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Back forty.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    @Red Fel: holy smokes thatís a lotta tech.

    I have a Mateus auto that Iíll share before too long (inconvenient now, will do so soon). I have confidence you can blam this guy.

    EDIT: M'kay, here's the auto.

    Bartz, Inferno Assault, AASB, +Dagger
    Seifer, Fire-Touched Blade, AASB, +Sword
    Gilgamesh, Smoldering Moon->Warring Flame, CSB, Mako Might
    Tyro, Armor Breakdown, DVG, Dr. Mog's Teaching (IC2 LMR)
    Rosa, Wrath, USB2, Battleforged
    no RW

    The offensive people have +100 Atk and +100 Fire magia.

    And there it is. Simple, to the point. Tyro's Armor Breakdown lets you not worry about Mateus buffing his defenses, and Rosa strictly AoE healing lets you not worry about reflect.

    You can just do a switcharoo with Bartz and Seifer to Locke and Noctis, with their super Syncs. Hopefully a strict upgrade. However, I do have a complete magicite deck, could make the difference.

    EDIT EDIT: Put in Noctis with his Sync, auto completed in like 26s. You could also do Fabula Raider, Noctis would use it, change his timing slightly.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2020-03-31 at 03:55 PM.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

  2. - Top - End - #1202
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Red Fel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Well, this is it, final banner. 1/11, disco: Alma's USB. I think that's pretty good. It's no Awakening or Sync, but I'll take it.

    As for your advice, well, let's see what I can do.

    ... Nope. Tried it with your recommended setup - Bartz, Noctis, Gil, Tyro, Rosa - and nothing. It was incredibly slow going, because until the chain counted pretty high, Bartz couldn't break damage cap. And I can't try Oskar's setup, because I don't have the right kit for Elarra.

    So, it's back to the old drawing board. At least these syncs are making Torments easier.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

    Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

    My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

  3. - Top - End - #1203
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    danzibr's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Back forty.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Well, this is it, final banner. 1/11, disco: Alma's USB. I think that's pretty good. It's no Awakening or Sync, but I'll take it.

    As for your advice, well, let's see what I can do.

    ... Nope. Tried it with your recommended setup - Bartz, Noctis, Gil, Tyro, Rosa - and nothing. It was incredibly slow going, because until the chain counted pretty high, Bartz couldn't break damage cap. And I can't try Oskar's setup, because I don't have the right kit for Elarra.

    So, it's back to the old drawing board. At least these syncs are making Torments easier.
    Hmm, my condolences. Sorta on the pull, moreso on Mateus.

    I meant Locke over Bartz. Got Locke's Sync, right?

    Apparently Noctis with Sync is board-worthy. Get his unique/hero ability, whatever it's called, put that in slot 1 and the Samurai ability in slot 2. Then command 2 x3, command 1 x3, repeat.

    Also, if you're not going auto, I'd suggest putting crit boost song on Tyro, use that, should help to break damage cap.

    As for how to use Locke rather than Bartz, dunno. I *imagine* it'll be a dps increase, but tbh I'm not totally sure.

    With Imperil from Mom Bomb, crit and Armor Breakdown from Tyro, gen 2 CSB from Gilgamesh, Sync with Locke/Noctis, I can't see not breaking Mateus out of savage mode. Might need more crystal water/artifacts/magia/legend dives, I suppose, dunno what you have. I spend a *lot* of time farming magia, that +100 attack and +10% elemental damage probably makes a big difference. Again, dunno what you have.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

  4. - Top - End - #1204
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Well, this is it, final banner. 1/11, disco: Alma's USB. I think that's pretty good. It's no Awakening or Sync, but I'll take it.

    As for your advice, well, let's see what I can do.

    ... Nope. Tried it with your recommended setup - Bartz, Noctis, Gil, Tyro, Rosa - and nothing. It was incredibly slow going, because until the chain counted pretty high, Bartz couldn't break damage cap. And I can't try Oskar's setup, because I don't have the right kit for Elarra.

    So, it's back to the old drawing board. At least these syncs are making Torments easier.
    You're using the +Weak RMs? These, I feel, are necessary to deal as much damage as possible. Set one on NocNoc, another on Bartz.

    Breaking that Rage is the big deal, since it cuts the damage you deal immensely. This is more annoying with Adamantoise, because it not only buffs with ProShellga (which you need to Dispel), it also cycles Savage Adamant Guard, which is a Wall you can't break, because it also buffs Mind (though it only lasts for a little while). Couple that with the Rage, and damage goes from 11k to 4k, or even less. And having a 5* Magicite to try to break it doesn't always help. Having +Weak damage RMs should help you with breaking these, which eventually follows up by dealing very solid damage afterwards.

    And I use Elarra because of the extra damage, but you could use whoever you're comfortable with - Aerith and Lenna are good options, or you could use...say, someone like Mog? WHM, but also has the potential for Medica on Dances, which you could couple with, say, Passionate Salsa. Even with Elarra, I can't always ensure survival, but when I do, once Firion has his USB set-up, it's pretty much smooth sailing from then onwards.
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

  5. - Top - End - #1205
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Red Fel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Hmm, my condolences. Sorta on the pull, moreso on Mateus.

    I meant Locke over Bartz. Got Locke's Sync, right?

    Apparently Noctis with Sync is board-worthy. Get his unique/hero ability, whatever it's called, put that in slot 1 and the Samurai ability in slot 2. Then command 2 x3, command 1 x3, repeat.

    Also, if you're not going auto, I'd suggest putting crit boost song on Tyro, use that, should help to break damage cap.

    As for how to use Locke rather than Bartz, dunno. I *imagine* it'll be a dps increase, but tbh I'm not totally sure.

    With Imperil from Mom Bomb, crit and Armor Breakdown from Tyro, gen 2 CSB from Gilgamesh, Sync with Locke/Noctis, I can't see not breaking Mateus out of savage mode. Might need more crystal water/artifacts/magia/legend dives, I suppose, dunno what you have. I spend a *lot* of time farming magia, that +100 attack and +10% elemental damage probably makes a big difference. Again, dunno what you have.
    The irony is, I actually have a better time of breaking Ice Rage with Bartz than with Noctis or Locke. Bartz' Awakening just seems to do the absurd amount of damage I need, with a Chain in place, to break the cap without an OSB, and neither Locke nor Noctis will do that with Ice Rage up.

    And believe it or not, I'm reluctant to use +element Magia unless I can invest the full 100 at a shot. I recall reading someplace that getting +element from Magia overrides +element from gear. (At least, I believe it does with regard to resistances.) So I only want to do that once I'm sure I'm replacing the benefits of my +element gear completely.

    Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
    You're using the +Weak RMs? These, I feel, are necessary to deal as much damage as possible. Set one on NocNoc, another on Bartz.

    Breaking that Rage is the big deal, since it cuts the damage you deal immensely. This is more annoying with Adamantoise, because it not only buffs with ProShellga (which you need to Dispel), it also cycles Savage Adamant Guard, which is a Wall you can't break, because it also buffs Mind (though it only lasts for a little while). Couple that with the Rage, and damage goes from 11k to 4k, or even less. And having a 5* Magicite to try to break it doesn't always help. Having +Weak damage RMs should help you with breaking these, which eventually follows up by dealing very solid damage afterwards.

    And I use Elarra because of the extra damage, but you could use whoever you're comfortable with - Aerith and Lenna are good options, or you could use...say, someone like Mog? WHM, but also has the potential for Medica on Dances, which you could couple with, say, Passionate Salsa. Even with Elarra, I can't always ensure survival, but when I do, once Firion has his USB set-up, it's pretty much smooth sailing from then onwards.
    I am not using +weak RMs. I can definitely do that. It will draw the fight out longer though, because I'm currently using the fast SB charging RMs.

    Lenna is not my best option. +Ice resist is nice, but doesn't make up for her lack of W-Cast. Rosa is also surprisingly good - I grabbed her Benediction from the shop, square that away, that helps a lot, and being able to Wrath-charge is super helpful in this fight. But again, her LM options are lacking. Aerith still gives me W-Cast and medica, she's just a bit RNG. So I'm basically going back and forth between those two right now.

    I can try Firion. I have to check which SBs I have for him. Let's see... BSB, OSB, three USBs - En-Holy, self-heal SAM/KNT, and Brave - and Awakening. Maybe Awakening? Or should I go with that USB?
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

    Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

    My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

  6. - Top - End - #1206
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    danzibr's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Back forty.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Iím quite certain the offensive bonus from magia stacks additively with gear bonus.

    My Tidus with + weapon and armor and magia did 3.4kish per hit on Phoenix. I removed the armor (didnít change his stats though) and he did 2.9kish.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

  7. - Top - End - #1207
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Red Fel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Iím quite certain the offensive bonus from magia stacks additively with gear bonus.

    My Tidus with + weapon and armor and magia did 3.4kish per hit on Phoenix. I removed the armor (didnít change his stats though) and he did 2.9kish.
    Okay, after doing more research, it looks like I was right that magia resist does not stack with gear resist - the higher number wins. This can also be used to eliminate a gear-induced weakness, like from the Gigas Armlet. However, you were right, magia +Element stacks with gear +Element. So that's something else I need to do.

    I should probably mention that I haven't actually been farming magia all that much. I generally get a character to 100 for a primary stat (ATK for attackers, MAG for casters, HP for WHMs) and then move onto the next. But I should have a bunch of overflow points on most of these guys, I can probably distribute those at least.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

    Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

    My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

  8. - Top - End - #1208
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    I am not using +weak RMs. I can definitely do that. It will draw the fight out longer though, because I'm currently using the fast SB charging RMs.
    Not exactly, to be honest. I do Mateus' wins at sub-40 almost all of the time. And I set Bartz at slot 1 and Firion at slot 5, which means Reflect eats a lot of the stuff they do. AND I also have Firion using two 5* abilities, whereas Bartz only uses one 6* and one 4*. With Mateus' hits, they reach the necessary SB to use their Wakes at around 15s worth of combat - roughly at the second time Mateus activates Barrier, which means Firion has to do breaks.

    But, I can see where's the problem. Bartz has a ton of multipliers going on - +Fire weapon, +Fire armor, +Weak RM and +SPB with swords LMR. That's why Bartz can do all that damage. Firion has something similar (+Fire weapon, +Fire Armor, +Weak RM and +PHY with swords LMR), but his choice of +Weak RM is "significantly", not "much more", and he lacks W-Cast for Samurai skills until he uses his Wake, so his damage potential is low. Without Barrier but with Ice Rage, a Woken Firion deals about 6.5k with around 51-60 hits worth of Chain, but he gets easily to 10k with a Crtiical Hit. Anything that boosts Critical Hit chance should be enough to do that break.

    Lenna is not my best option. +Ice resist is nice, but doesn't make up for her lack of W-Cast. Rosa is also surprisingly good - I grabbed her Benediction from the shop, square that away, that helps a lot, and being able to Wrath-charge is super helpful in this fight. But again, her LM options are lacking. Aerith still gives me W-Cast and medica, she's just a bit RNG. So I'm basically going back and forth between those two right now.
    One thing that Mateus has is that it weakens your Ice defenses. Savage Blizzaga/Blizzaja tends to do that. But, I'll admit - W-Cast + Medica-on-WHM is a seriously good combination. I use Elarra because she has W-Cast WHM, Medica-on-Bard AND her USBs (1 AND 2), plus BSB, but I tend to rotate Aerith into the teams. I *could* use Rosa, given that I have Tyro with GodWall, but it depends on when it's fired, and to be honest, Regenga > MBarrier in most occasions.

    I could field Relm, though. She has MBarrier-on-heal, which is a good way to keep people alive. Plus she has both a Regenga USB AND a Last Stand USB.

    I can try Firion. I have to check which SBs I have for him. Let's see... BSB, OSB, three USBs - En-Holy, self-heal SAM/KNT, and Brave - and Awakening. Maybe Awakening? Or should I go with that USB?
    Wake and self-heal SAM/KNT. You'll get the bar for the USB and still have about 2-3 rounds worth of Awakening. Trust me on that. You DO need to set him up properly, tho.
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

  9. - Top - End - #1209
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Red Fel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    So, another ticket, another Anniversary pull. 2/11, rainbow and disco: Arc's Glint, which would be nice if he were Yuna, and Jecht's OSB, which is a thing. Not terrible, just underwhelming.

    Still calling this Fest a win.

    Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
    Not exactly, to be honest. I do Mateus' wins at sub-40 almost all of the time. And I set Bartz at slot 1 and Firion at slot 5, which means Reflect eats a lot of the stuff they do. AND I also have Firion using two 5* abilities, whereas Bartz only uses one 6* and one 4*. With Mateus' hits, they reach the necessary SB to use their Wakes at around 15s worth of combat - roughly at the second time Mateus activates Barrier, which means Firion has to do breaks.

    But, I can see where's the problem. Bartz has a ton of multipliers going on - +Fire weapon, +Fire armor, +Weak RM and +SPB with swords LMR. That's why Bartz can do all that damage. Firion has something similar (+Fire weapon, +Fire Armor, +Weak RM and +PHY with swords LMR), but his choice of +Weak RM is "significantly", not "much more", and he lacks W-Cast for Samurai skills until he uses his Wake, so his damage potential is low. Without Barrier but with Ice Rage, a Woken Firion deals about 6.5k with around 51-60 hits worth of Chain, but he gets easily to 10k with a Crtiical Hit. Anything that boosts Critical Hit chance should be enough to do that break.
    So basically focus on speccing Firion for crits. I'm not usually this technical, so we'll see how that goes.

    Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
    One thing that Mateus has is that it weakens your Ice defenses. Savage Blizzaga/Blizzaja tends to do that. But, I'll admit - W-Cast + Medica-on-WHM is a seriously good combination. I use Elarra because she has W-Cast WHM, Medica-on-Bard AND her USBs (1 AND 2), plus BSB, but I tend to rotate Aerith into the teams. I *could* use Rosa, given that I have Tyro with GodWall, but it depends on when it's fired, and to be honest, Regenga > MBarrier in most occasions.
    For some reason I've just never been able to get Elarra gear. Not for lack of trying, mind. I suppose I could raid the anima lens shop, but I feel weird about that. Chalk it up to megalixir syndrome.

    Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
    I could field Relm, though. She has MBarrier-on-heal, which is a good way to keep people alive. Plus she has both a Regenga USB AND a Last Stand USB.
    All I have for Relm is her Divine Portrait USB - medica, 0CT, and bubble. Useful, but not nearly as useful as others, and I don't have good LRMs for her.

    Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
    Wake and self-heal SAM/KNT. You'll get the bar for the USB and still have about 2-3 rounds worth of Awakening. Trust me on that. You DO need to set him up properly, tho.
    So, spec him for crits, throw out his AASB as soon as it's available, and throw out the USB as soon as that's available? Think I get it.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

    Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

    My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

  10. - Top - End - #1210
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    danzibr's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Back forty.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Last ticket, got Noel Glint+, have his AASB, was excited, realize theyíre different elements.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

  11. - Top - End - #1211
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    So, spec him for crits, throw out his AASB as soon as it's available, and throw out the USB as soon as that's available? Think I get it.
    Pretty much. Bartz is still main DPS, but Firion usually gets to break Ice Rage sometimes, and eventually end up dishing tons of damage.

    That said...I'm pissed enough at Chupon...I mean, Typhon, to deliver a veritable barrage of foul swears in this thread. Mostly, because I can't reliably lower his HP to under 20% before he can power up. Thing is, if you don't lower 1/5th of its HP before 15 seconds, he Snorts everyone away, which is an automatic Game Over. However, he fires up his Wind Rage on the second turn, which not only lowers the damage you can deal, it also speeds him up insanely! You can't use a Magicite before that, because it requires too much to charge AND it's too slow to fire at the right moment. So, you have to buff off in such a way you can reliably deal tons of damage fast enough - and that I simply can't do. I've got Rinoa and Lulu on damage duty, with Onion Knight working as a sacrifice slot (Chupon ends up Snorting some of your people, leaving you with slots 1 and 5), and even with +Weak RMs, I just can't dish enough damage. The few times I do, it's all because Laguna somehow has increased its weakness to near-max, and everyone (save Rinoa) has gone crazy with W-Casts. And when that happens...Savage Heavensfall and my DPS dies. Use Elarra for Regenga? Next attack is a Sap. And because Chupon passes six turns buffing up its Wind damage, you end up with a beast that deals tons of damage essentially for fun. So I can't get to Phase 2 fast enough, and when I do, I just can't seem to remain alive enough to beat it.

    And they say Syldra is harder?

    ...Anyways, I need something to cheer me up. I got about 60 Myth, and virtually nothing to spend them on. I still have some of the gift Mythril, so for what it's worth, I can snatch up to 100 Mythril. That leaves me three options:
    • Spend them on the Awakening Draws, even though the banner relics are full of dupes. If I do it twice, I get a free Awakening, from a pretty large list.
    • I can spend it on Banner 4, which has tons of good stuff for Alphi and healers...except Alphi isn't being used that much, and one of those healers is Deuce. (The other is Alma, which isn't so bad.)
    • Save them. Not sure for what.


    I'm doing one ticket draw per day, and from the Event Draws? Nothing very exhilarating, to be honest. And with Chupon basically laughing at me, I really need something to cheer me up.
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

  12. - Top - End - #1212
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    danzibr's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Back forty.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    If it helps, here's my Typhon auto (btw my Ice is... kinda stacked, but not super)

    Terra, Tritoch, AASB, Mako Might
    Rosa, Wrath, USB2, Thunder God's Might
    OK, Affliction Break r1, Wrath, mUSB, Battleforged
    Rinoa, Chain Blizzaja, AASB, Glint+, +Ice
    Snow, Ironfist Ice, CSB, Mako Might

    OK with Affliction Break helps with Typhon's buffs. Terra with Tritoch and her AASB and Mako Might, while off element, helps to get his hp low enough to not snort everyone away. Then Rinoa basically deals the rest of the damage.

    So... pretty stacked, but I'm using Snow with his CSB. Could be much better.

    In other news, Noctis basically won me the XV Torment in 23 seconds with his Sync.

    EDIT: And team XII united to take down their Torment in 29 seconds. Still need to beat III, close. Then I, II, XI, XIV remain.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2020-04-02 at 07:58 PM.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

  13. - Top - End - #1213
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    If it helps, here's my Typhon auto (btw my Ice is... kinda stacked, but not super)

    Terra, Tritoch, AASB, Mako Might
    Rosa, Wrath, USB2, Thunder God's Might
    OK, Affliction Break r1, Wrath, mUSB, Battleforged
    Rinoa, Chain Blizzaja, AASB, Glint+, +Ice
    Snow, Ironfist Ice, CSB, Mako Might

    OK with Affliction Break helps with Typhon's buffs. Terra with Tritoch and her AASB and Mako Might, while off element, helps to get his hp low enough to not snort everyone away. Then Rinoa basically deals the rest of the damage.

    So... pretty stacked, but I'm using Snow with his CSB. Could be much better.
    That's basically the issue - I'm not as stacked as you are with Ice, or at least Ice Magic.

    Spoiler: Party Compo
    Show
    Rinoa, lv. 99; Cutlass (Artifact), Mellow Mermaid, Serah's Hairband; Chain Blizzaja R4, Vali R4; LM2, LM1, +Much More Weak Dmg. RM
    Laguna, lv. 99; Arcturus, Celes' Guise, Luneth's Pouch; Frost Offering R3, Icy Offering R4; LMR, LM1, MM
    Onion, lv. 99; Surge Mishiva, Magitek Shield, Tornado Armlet; Voltech R4, Affliction Break R4; LM-BLK, DMT
    Elarra. lv. 99; Ogrenyxes (Artifact), Hermes' Suit, Aegis Armlet; Curada R5, Mage's Hymn R4; LM2, LMR, Battleforged
    Lulu, lv. 99; True Ice Rod, Medical Bangle, Mark of Glory; Chilling Blizzard R3, Sudden Blizzara R2; LM2, LM1, +significantly more Weak Dmg RM
    RW: Fabula Raider
    Magicite: Manticore lv. 99 (Empower Ice lv. 15 x2, Precise Strikes lv. 10 x2); Mateus lv. 99 (Dampen Air lv. 10 x2, Blade Ward lv. 8 x2), Firemane lv. 99 (Dampen Blizzard lv. 10 x2, Resistance Boon lv. 15, Spell Ward lv. 5), Quetzalcoatl lv. 99 (Dampen Water lv. 10 x2, Fast Act lv. 10 x2), Isgebind (Empower Ice lv. 15, Empower Ice lv. 10, Attack Boon lv. 15, Precise Strikes lv. 8)

    Key SBs: Rinoa Glint, Rinoa AASB, Laguna 2nd Gen CSB, Laguna USB, Onion mUSB, Elarra USB1, Lulu Glint, Lulu AOSB.

    As you can see, Rinoa is the main source of damage here. With her Ice Wake, she should be able to raze Chupon...provided she's not Snorted or killed. Laguna's there for Imperil + Chain; other than that, he's no use because he's a physical damage dealer. Onion is there for the +MAG buff, Affliction Break and nothing else. Elarra is there for healing. Lulu...well, Lulu's the only other reliable Ice Mage I got; there's Reynn with her USB that should also cause Imperil Ice, while Ysayle has her solid Ice USB. Thing is, Lulu's better because she has her Glint, which does Empowered EnIce, has an AOSB to finish as quick as possible, and she has a solid Witch 6*, meaning she can transition from Sudden Blizzara or Glint to Chilling Blizzard.

    The big problem I find with Ice Magic is that...well, there's only about 13 Ice Magic abilities that I recall - most are from BLK (Blizzard line +Chain Blizzaga + Chain Blizzaja + Voltech), followed by Witch (4 moves) and then SUM (Shiva and Vali; there should be a Dark Shiva soon enough, but it'll come too late). That leaves about 6 slots to fill. Since Laguna is CSB holder, I can't switch him, and I don't have a magic Ice CSB; if I switch Lulu, it has to be for someone who can carry her weight in combat more than she does, and between W-Cast, Glint and AOSB, she should do exactly that. Replacing Elarra for Rosa is viable (Wrathing up), but I'll miss on Mage's Hymn, which should be enough to buff magic for when Typhon is on phase 2. But, other than that, I don't have a second Ice Magic Wake, or someone who's exceptionally dominant in Ice magic.


    So yeah - Rinoa has to carry the party over, but she can't deal enough damage to take everyone to Phase 2. Main issue is that, while Typhon has less HP (IIRC) than the other Magicites, it's still a lot, and the buildup to damage is rather intensive. To put it into perspective - dealing 9999 with everyone is impossible at the moment, so I rely on Onion Knight (of all people) to deal 9999 with Voltech. However, if Onion doesn't doublecast, or Laguna fails to Imperil well enough, damage is so little that it's almost irrelevant.

    Do note that I haven't taken any Wall, because all of Chupon's attacks are DEF- and RES-ignoring. I focus on dealing as much damage as possible, which is why Elarra has Mage's Hymn, and even THEN, I can't deal as much damage as I would like to.
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

  14. - Top - End - #1214
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    danzibr's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Back forty.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
    That's basically the issue - I'm not as stacked as you are with Ice, or at least Ice Magic.
    I'd disagree. The main difference is you have Laguna CSB, and I have Snow. Laguna will also Imperil.

    I'd strongly advise putting in Terra with her AASB and Tritoch (and Mako Might, to get past phase 1). Despite being off element, she'll hit like a truck, especially under Laguna CSB.

    EDIT: For clarity, have Mako Might/Dr. Mog's Teaching on Laguna and Terra. Start with CSB and AASB. Terra handles phase 1 while Rinoa builds gauge. Laguna refreshes CSB and Rinoa goes AASB later in the fight.
    Last edited by danzibr; 2020-04-02 at 11:11 PM.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

  15. - Top - End - #1215
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    I'd disagree. The main difference is you have Laguna CSB, and I have Snow. Laguna will also Imperil.

    I'd strongly advise putting in Terra with her AASB and Tritoch (and Mako Might, to get past phase 1). Despite being off element, she'll hit like a truck, especially under Laguna CSB.

    EDIT: For clarity, have Mako Might/Dr. Mog's Teaching on Laguna and Terra. Start with CSB and AASB. Terra handles phase 1 while Rinoa builds gauge. Laguna refreshes CSB and Rinoa goes AASB later in the fight.
    Thing is, I have MM and DMT on Laguna and Onion Knight. That way, I get a Magic Boost, Hastega and QC for casting. Even if Terra has the highest MAG between my characters (plus W-Cast Fire, which can be used for Vali), I feel that it won't be enough with how fast Typhon goes while using EnAero six times before Sonic Boom - I mean, I changed Elarra for Rosa, and it's worse because I can't even get close to 20%.

    Anyways, I'll see what I can do. I'll give it a try, but I can't assure anything.
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

  16. - Top - End - #1216
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    danzibr's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Back forty.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Fabula Raider will give you the necessary Haste.

    But hey, thanks for being willing to try my suggestion! Hope it works for you.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

  17. - Top - End - #1217
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    After some more iffy attempts I'm kind of ignoring ice for a bit. it's either that, or farm a lot of 4s and curse at the wrong ones dropping.

    In the meantime I finally got Geo. It's far from ideal but
    Edge is the panic button and ninja magic
    Ashe carries most of the damage and has some self-sustain
    Garnet would be so much more helpful with her chain but radiant shield and some random heals help
    Shantotto similarly couldn't go off like she can elsewhere but used her old chain.
    Elarra did her best to try and keep everyone afloat.

  18. - Top - End - #1218
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    danzibr's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Back forty.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Quote Originally Posted by darkdragoon View Post
    After some more iffy attempts I'm kind of ignoring ice for a bit. it's either that, or farm a lot of 4s and curse at the wrong ones dropping.

    In the meantime I finally got Geo. It's far from ideal but
    Edge is the panic button and ninja magic
    Ashe carries most of the damage and has some self-sustain
    Garnet would be so much more helpful with her chain but radiant shield and some random heals help
    Shantotto similarly couldn't go off like she can elsewhere but used her old chain.
    Elarra did her best to try and keep everyone afloat.
    Grats on the victory!

    Geo was one of my firsts.

    All I gotta say is... getting Unique Abilities/Hero Abilities is going to take forever >.>
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

  19. - Top - End - #1219
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Fabula Raider will give you the necessary Haste.

    But hey, thanks for being willing to try my suggestion! Hope it works for you.
    Well, I'm a man of honor and I'll swallow my words.

    Not only did I beat Chupon, if it weren't for a single mistake, it would have been a sub-30 victory.

    In essence: I switched Lulu for my Bae, gave her Vali and +Weak RM. Switched Rinoa from slot 1 to slot 2. And most importantly - used Fabula Priestess as the RM.

    See - in most of these defeats, one of the things that beat me was that Chupon hits like Optimus Prime when he's not on Wind Rage. So, I needed a way to save my heals, and in particular to keep Elarra alive, since she's the provider. Enter Fabula Priestess, which provides a 99% IC heal on everyone, which allows me to keep everyone alive so that Chupon can use Savage Gale Cut (which imposes Sap), which prompts me to use Magika Album, which grants Regenga (which cancels Sap). Therefore, I should be capable - in theory - to continue the match.

    Except...I didn't count that Chupon gets nasty on 3rd phase and Snorts the one on slot 1 first. Meaning - I need another sacrificial victim for that. Enter Laguna, who by that moment won't do anything. By the time Chupon snorts Laguna, Rinoa and Terra are at full power and ready to destroy him. All I need is to keep using Chain Blizzaja and Valigarmanda instead of Sudden Blizzara and Chilling Blizzard...which is the reason I didn't reach a sub-30.

    In any case - I'll see if I can repeat that victory. If so, I should have an easy way against Adamantoise (perhaps taking him down to sub-30 status) and eventually against Behemoth King, which forces me to use my evidently weaker Physical Wind teams (though Bartz plays nice there as well).
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

  20. - Top - End - #1220
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    danzibr's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Back forty.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
    Not only did I beat Chupon, if it weren't for a single mistake, it would have been a sub-30 victory.
    Yay, grats! Glad it worked for you :)

    Those off-element AASBs are still incredible. Many of my runs use(d) them.

    I tried Water weak Odin again. Got stomped again. Think I can do it, but hoo boy you gotta be careful with the timing.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

  21. - Top - End - #1221
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Antonok's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    My Own Prison
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Haven't posted in a bit because nothing really notable has occured. Fest pulls were filled with dupes (stupid 4 Quistis AOSB dupes )

    That said, I managed to FINALLY down Madeen. All it took was.... everything. Final team ended up being

    Spoiler
    Show

    Elarra - Shellga/Mage's Hymn - USB/BSB - Dr Mog's
    Seifer - Banishing Strike/5* Imperil - CSB - Gathering Storm
    Sephiroth - Memento Mori/Necro Countdown - AASB - Much More Dark damage
    Onion Knight - Wrath/Entrust - mUSB - Mako Might
    Vayne - Memento Mori/Touched by Darkness - AASB/USB - Scholar's Boon

    Elarra opens with Shellga then BSB for Last Stand then spams Mage's Hymn until I need USB.
    Rest is pretty self explanatory.


    Wasn't a sub 30 win but it was a relatively comfortable win that I'm likely going to able to repeat. Just need to do it 7 more times...
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

    Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

    Steam Profile

  22. - Top - End - #1222
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    danzibr's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Back forty.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    Haven't posted in a bit because nothing really notable has occured. Fest pulls were filled with dupes (stupid 4 Quistis AOSB dupes )

    That said, I managed to FINALLY down Madeen. All it took was.... everything. Final team ended up being

    Spoiler
    Show

    Elarra - Shellga/Mage's Hymn - USB/BSB - Dr Mog's
    Seifer - Banishing Strike/5* Imperil - CSB - Gathering Storm
    Sephiroth - Memento Mori/Necro Countdown - AASB - Much More Dark damage
    Onion Knight - Wrath/Entrust - mUSB - Mako Might
    Vayne - Memento Mori/Touched by Darkness - AASB/USB - Scholar's Boon

    Elarra opens with Shellga then BSB for Last Stand then spams Mage's Hymn until I need USB.
    Rest is pretty self explanatory.


    Wasn't a sub 30 win but it was a relatively comfortable win that I'm likely going to able to repeat. Just need to do it 7 more times...
    Grats! That looks a decent bit like my Madeen clear. Was unpleasant >.>

    I'm putting in long hours at work the next couple days, but when I get back, going to commit to downing an Odin or two. Or three. I think I have the tech to comfortably get 3 at this point. 6* magicites feel unattainable though.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

  23. - Top - End - #1223
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    danzibr's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Back forty.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Quote Originally Posted by lenorad View Post
    For Final Fantasy Record Keeper on the iOS (iPhone/iPad), a GameFAQs message board topic titled "G5 x2 banners?".
    Heck yeah, G5x2. I plan on pulling on these to beef up my realms with no AASBs (namely I II XI XIV).
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

  24. - Top - End - #1224
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Got back to Manticore.

    Blade Ward helped, not dramatically but enough. Vivi still fell but that was more Sap being insert expletive here.

    Speaking of Vivi, I'm not sure if I forgot to equip, switched in trying to throw him at the other magic 5* or not, but somehow he was without the fire artifact rod. Similarly that wasn't a hugely dramatic difference as the stats look (I'm sure it would be nicer with an awakening). but enough to be ready to finish without having to scramble. Otherwise I was seriously thinking OSB and may still grab it down the line.
    Last edited by darkdragoon; 2020-04-08 at 01:29 AM.

  25. - Top - End - #1225
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Alright, so...a little update, considering I'm stretching my pulls and stuff.

    So, I've been able to handle Typhon a bit better now. I've actually done it close to 24s (consistently sub-25, though - geez, I feel stupid not sending Bae to annihilate an old friend), but it all depends on knowing when to trigger everything. I've found that Fabula Priestess does the job masterfully, and I *think* I could pull it off with Aerith as well. I think even Relm and Rosa are fair game. I'll see how that goes.

    In any case, I did some of my pulls, and...lo and behold, I've had two 5* Daily Draws back to back! But most importantly...I got a pretty serious windfall on Tuesday.

    First, let's get that first Daily Draw outta the way, alright?
    • Black Belt Gi! This is...a shared Soul Break. Mostly allowing you to deal one hit, and one hit alone. Extremely underwhelming in this day and age, but...hey, it costs only 1 gauge!


    With that, let's go to this pretty amazing draw, because I got a 6/10 with TWO DISCOS and only ONE dupe!
    • Lulu's Robes! This is her tri-element BSB, with a focus on Ice. Burst Commands are Ice/Fire and Ice/Water, IIRC. A bit late, but it helps her stand out a bit more on the Ice magic standing, which isn't that big. Also, I think it has a +Water boost or something?
    • Fujin's Bracers. The only dupe. This is her "start with EnWind" LMR. Rainbow Crystal fodder.
    • Gladiolus' Fatigues! This is his LMR, and Light Armor for FFXV. As for what it does, it's W-Cast for Knight skills. No Soul Breaks, but he already got both his LMRs. What are the odds?
    • Minfilia's Magitek Shield! This is her LMR, which grants QC on the first three turns of action. This is great for her, since she can buff as quick as possible. No big deal, tho.
    • Gaffgarion's Deathbringer! This is his AOSB, of the "three massive hits" variety (IIRC). The weapon's +Dark, so that's another +Dark sword on the list.
    • Vaan's Sky Pirate's Knife!! This is his Thief Wake, with a nice boost to Critical Hits, and a chaser as well. But, to boot - it's useful for everything he does, including spamming Mug Bloodlust AND...Wind Thief skills. Guess who got into Physical Wind rotation? That guy! (Also, IIRC, +Wind knife. It's like perfect for him!)


    I felt so fortunate, so full of luck, that I decided to make a pull on the most recent Focused Relic Draw. It has some nice stuff, including Realm Chains and Awakenings. So...what's the damage?

    3/11, THREE DISCOS and no dupes!
    • Warrior of Light's Ultima Weapon! This is his Glint, which grants Empowered EnHoly. Oh goodie...something for him...
    • Warrior of Light's Apocalypse! This is his USB, which grants...oh goodness, Holy Radiant Shield! So tempted to place him in Physical Holy team, but then I remember Basch's there, and... Eh, I could skip Basch for WoL when I fight the physical 5* Magicite, after all - Fabula Raider already does pretty good. Though I'll need a good healer...
    • Fang's Venus Gospel! This is her Wind Wake, but tailored to Dragoon skills - in short, BDC2 instead of BDC1 + doublecast Dragoon. But...hey, she DOES have W-Cast Dragoon as her LMR, so... Guess she's also in for Team Physical Wind? Then again, she'll have to share her toys with Freya, because Freya's the Wind Chain provider...


    I feel I could have gained more, but getting two Awakenings on a single day is just calling for karma to smite me. It was a good pair of pulls. Good enough.

    Then, I do my Daily Draw yesterday, and what do I get? ANOTHER 5*!
    • Cloud's Organics! This is his very old, very classical Blade Beam SSB. As in - probably the first SSB ever released. So I hold one of the Holy Relics of FFRK, such as the Tiny Bee (have it), Genji Helmet (think I have it), Barbut (have it)...crud, I think I got all of the memetic relics! Achievement unlocked?


    With that, I do my ticket pull, and this time...no windfall. 2/11, ONE DISCO and only ONE dupe.
    • Ace's Arcane Deck. The dupe. Eh, at least it can be improved?
    • Yang's Wolf Fang! This is his AOSB, of the "three massive hit" variety. It's also a +Earth punch, so not too shabby.


    Anyways, that's my haul so far. Will see if I can handle Typhon a few more times to get a super-attack booster.
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

  26. - Top - End - #1226
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Rampaged through the magicite missions last night with the bonus of taking two trouble spots down.

    Heca
    This actually looked like it was going bad because Zack and Zidane didn't do as much as usual, but Cloud picked up the slack.

    Mateus
    It's still a mess but trying to cram in Auron's OSB with everything else actually worked. Also some very timely Edgar triplecasts.

  27. - Top - End - #1227
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    6* dupe from daily.

    Used my ticket on core, it was near perfect for Ellara and Tyro.

    I've got two D??? Torments in reach
    VI- mostly it's that last sleep, possibly one easy solution with Sabin but there's other characters clamoring for L1s so I might have to play around with other stuff first.
    XV- probably just more damage, particularly for Aranea.

  28. - Top - End - #1228
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Quote Originally Posted by darkdragoon View Post
    I've got two D??? Torments in reach
    VI- mostly it's that last sleep, possibly one easy solution with Sabin but there's other characters clamoring for L1s so I might have to play around with other stuff first.
    Set Enkidu as magicite? It's instant-cast and comes with Esuna, so if you don't rely on your Magicite, it can be a good option. Alternatively, set up people you know won't be as necessary for that final run into slots 1 and 5. You want your healer preferably on slot 4, and your main damage dealer(s) on slots 2 and 3, with slot 3 for the hardier one.
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

  29. - Top - End - #1229
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    I feel like I'd lose too much offense with Enkidu and even moreso Unicorn. Famfrit can soak Firaga but otherwise isn't as potent. Heca's "lower element attack" would apply to more stuff but the overall effect seems weaker.

    I suppose I could go more risky with Locke instead of Celes.

  30. - Top - End - #1230
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Red Fel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

    Hey, guess what? We got a VII Lucky Draw at an insanely good price - 7 mythril! - so it's time to cash in! Let's see how we do, shall we? For mine, I got 4/11, one disco, three rainbows! Sadly, a lot of dupes in this batch:
    • Red XIII's LMR: W-Cast BLK is great! Too bad it's a dupe.
    • Elena's Glint: Your typical 0CT Fire deal. Too bad it's a dupe.
    • Angeal's LMR: W-Cast Holy and Wind is great, and it's new! Too bad it's on Angeal.
    • Red XIII's USB: MAG damage, Earth Reflect, and party 0CT is fantastic! Too bad it's a dupe.

    Not an amazing pull. But at least I got a bunch of lenses out of it.

    EDIT: Oh, yeah, we also get a Glint+ for Cloud. Just a quick 100% crit murder attack that doesn't deplete the bar. Very nice.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2020-04-15 at 08:13 AM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

    Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

    My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •