New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
    Daily Draw netted me a 2*, and before the change, any 2* usually gave me a good relic when I pulled. I know this is superstition, but it keeps proving true.

As for the Happy Gacha? 1/3, ONE DISCO, and no dupes!

• Larsa's Carmagnole (sp?)! A weird name for an item. Anyways, it's light armor (despite being a cape, which would fit better as a robe), and as things go, it's more realm-speciific armor for the designated XII healer, so it's not bad. What's better here is that it's Larsa's USB - and if you know your SBs well, you may recognize this as the "anti-Hades". This is because it grants Astra (which blocks all status effects once), and in case you were affected, it ALSO grants Esuna, which is basically the reason why you choose Enkidu and Unicorn as your Magicites anyways. It also happens to grant major Regen, just to make healing less of a chore. Best relic in the Happy Gacha so far, compared to the previous two fails.

With the bunch of Mythril from the Octopath collab minigame (that's what the 15 Mythril are for, right?) and assorted Mythril, I'm about 8 Mythril shy of 200. This is good, because with three of the Happy Gachas' done, that leaves me with 50 Mythril to spend for the rest (since I don't pull on VII), thus leaving me with 150 Mythril - enough for one pull in each Lucky Draw, plus a pull on Banner 4, and a remainder in case I want to do a revenge pull or something. If measured enough, I might even pull on the Quinoa banner!
    Hey, the free draw just gave me that same relic!

...I was not expecting a disco today.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

So far, only got a dupe of Vanille's SSB from Daily Draw, that I don't remember if I mentioned, so it's here. But I've got a couple 1* items ...

But not everything is salt. From this Realm LD, got Zidan... I mean, Vaan's RLM, and that's much better than another dupe. And I tried my hand at the first FF VI banner, and got Strago's Chain, along two dupes of Mog's BSB. Shame, I could really use one of the RLMs or Sabin's BSB, but I got my major target, and a 7* Rod. Emptied my Mythril, but I can get enough for my needs on Realm Dungeons.

Good pulls for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Man, the 240 fake Prez does NOT pull no punches. I'm gonna have to pull on the VIII banner. Selphie couldn't keep with healing.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by u/s_SoNick
    Dr Mog: Hey, spiffy new threads you got there Tyro.

Tyro: Pie jesu domine smacks book against forehead Dona eis requiem

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

So, a couple of days ago, FFRK pushed out an update that borked it on my phone. Literally unplayable. Only just fixed tonight. So let's do some catch-up.

XIII RoP: 1/3, Snow's SSB. Truly, the saltiest of pulls.

XII: 1/3, Vaan's LMR. Maybe if I actually used him at all. Or if it wasn't a dupe.

XI: 1/3, Ayame's LMR. This is actually useful, and appreciated.

So, at least one pull wasn't crap. Not bad. Now to take on this Octopath event.

Happy pulls, all.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

5. - Top - End - #155
    Firbolg in the Playground

XI: Aphmau SSB.

VII pull: Squall LMR, Laguna BSB, Quistis LMR. No discos but I’m quite happy for one pull.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

6. - Top - End - #156
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

RoP has been largely dupe free (aside from XI, which was annoying given the small pool) but mostly complementary. I suppose I could throw together a "Greatest Crits" team now.

Ideally the stretch of banners in the next week or so should fill in gaps, but of course it seems like things rarely go quite to plan:

the current "Quinoa" banner is basically an Iced Earth album and Quistis's buffs have turned out to be pretty darn useful.
    Sunday is Fujin and friends. Wind upgrades are enticing (Fujin's burst alone is no longer sufficient), but a dark chain, healer stuff and even "wait, Raijin has other things to do besides Aura?"

Bra*Bra is more Zack and Yuffie, but there are also buffs. I suppose the only letdown is one burst (and the anti-dark one at that) for Aerith and iffy stuff for Barrett.

The fest LDs will also probably start as soon as Friday.
    Last edited by darkdragoon; 2018-09-14 at 03:58 PM.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

And X RoP is up, and my bad luck from the past few is over: 1/3, Tidus' USB! I now have his USB, OSB, and AOSB. Pretty stoked.

Happy pulls, all.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok game, yet to give me a disco from the RoP and this realm has 2 chains and my favorite character on it. Give me something good!

1/3 - Jecht LMR.Which is a dupe.

And I'm done with the RoP pulls.

Type-0: Queen LMR - +lightning armor
    FFT: Mustadio LMR
    FFXV: Prompto BSB - dupe
    FFXIV: Ysayle SSB
    FFXIII: Serah SSB
    FFXII: Fran BSB
    FFXI: Ayame SSB
    FFX: Jecht LMR

Outside Queen's LMR, it's all junk.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

9. - Top - End - #159

LMR for Braska. Prob won’t see any use.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

10. - Top - End - #160

Congrats, Red!

1/3 of Paine's hastega SSB sword for me. Fourth copy of that, aka the worst of all dupes.

FF11 was also a whiff; 1/3, Curilla BSB. Also a dupe, but at least only my second copy. Combine fodder is better than nothing, I guess.
    Merlin the Tuna

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

Still gathering data for maximum pull effectiveness, but at least the Happy Gacha has...behaved?

FFXI: 1/3, no Disco, dupe. Pulled a 3* for what it's worth.
    • Shantotto's Tactician Magician's Coat. This dupe hurts, because while I got a few things in XI, they're mostly focused - Lion getting the lion's share (pun intended), Ayame with her awesome BSB, Aphmau with BSB and LMR, and Shantotto...why, thank you for asking! While it means a pretty nice Light Armor for the realm, I could have used something more. Like...I dunno, somethiing for Curilla?

FFX: 1/3, ONE DISCO, no dupe (though it seemed like one). Pulled a 4*.
    • Yuna's Wind Rod! Well, color me surprised - after the fiasco that was the last Realm LD, I'm only two steps closer to complete Yuna. In case you're not aware, this is her Summon USB - the entry damage sucks balls, but it grants a MAG boost, a SUM boost to damage, has a nice Chaser (Wind/Holy), and has a finisher effect where you recover 2 uses of whatever you have the least. Which, since it'll usually be Summon, it means you can at least Summon 2 more times per round. Arguably it'll compete with her WHM USB (which has Hastega and Last Stand, if you recall correctly).

Oh yeah, and in case you didn't realize - the Octopath Traveller collab was broken. I fought Gaston (because, of course I'd fight the first boss I fought in OT with Olberic), and I got my bum handed to myself in a very not-nice platter. Eventually I learned that the Ignore Defense ability of the boss was broken, since it didn't have the usual modifier to ATK (it kept the multiplier, but not the exponential that balances the damage), so it dealt fixed damage to everybody. Which...quite frankly, sucked. I still managed to make a comeback with my A-Team (seriously, my A-TEAM for a D180 boss!), and I was about to do Helgenish today, when I noticed DeNA fixed it. And...will offer a compensation in due time. Octopath Collab Banner with free draw when!? Yeah, yeah, I know it's Japan's occasional LD, but it fits - Cloud as Warrior, Tyro as Scholar, Penelo as Dancer, Locke as Thief Treasure Hunter (instead of Zidane), Larsa as Apothecary, Fran as Hunter, Aria as Cleric, and...nobody as Merchant (because who counts as a Merchant in FF? Relm?)
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

12. - Top - End - #162

Man. Poison support is so limited.
    6*: nothing
    5*: Chain Biora, Poison Leaves, Bio Grenade
    4*: not interested

Man...
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

13. - Top - End - #163

RedWizardGuy

Well, speaking of Poisons, I got FF I Thief's BSB on Daily Draw today. A poison/wind relic, with Atk/def debuffs on entry.

And that good luck was balanced by getting yet another copy of Tidus USB Blitzball, my fourth. If I ever get Rikku's BSB, it will be of use. I also got a SSB for Ayame, for a realm hastega.

Finished the corridor of trials with my Bismarck team. This means Ramza doing Ramza things, Deuce & Eiko Burst healing, while Delita and Prompto blast the enemies apart. Except for Prompto who juggles USB + BSB, it's a mostly BSB show. I guess I can make a "BSB's & SSB's are still a thing" thread on Reddit someday. I miss the tier challenge, looking at the setups there usually gave me interesting ideas to make teams, and made playing this game more amusing. Plus watching the friendly competition. Now the sport seems to be stuck on Magicites, and you don't have as much freedom on team building.

Dena could at least give us a better multiplayer, and some kind of rank. Anyone else agrees?

At least story mode is a bit amusing.
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

And the latest RoP is up. My pull: 1/3, Zidane's SSB. The AoE Steal Power one. I mean, it's not terrible, but I do have his BSB, his OSB, and his other SSB, so I'm not exactly starved for options for Son Goku here.

Happy pulls, all.

15. - Top - End - #165

:O

Dagger’s Lightning chain.

Def switching my Lightning team to magic.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

16. - Top - End - #166

Quina USB! Finally, a true hero has arrived!
    Merlin the Tuna

17. - Top - End - #167

RedWizardGuy

Quina RLM. A dupe dud.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

Today was a double-goodie day, because both the Daily Draw and the Happy Gacha gave out nice things!

First, the Daily Draw. I only got my first 5*/6* relic this Monday, and I wasn't so surprised by it because, despite a Disco, it was a dupe. This time, it was no Disco, but no dupe either.

• Echo's Captain's Costume! This is her LMR, so normally it'd be a bust, but it's actually great for one reason, and a pivotal reason that one. This LMR is one of the "low chance to Medica" ones, which is awesome, and all she needs to do is dance to her heart's content. Being that her Dances are better to debuff than Wol with his breaks, and that she also has her BSB that provides some healing, the little Navi wannabe suddenly got up the ranks. Still waiting for Mog and Cait Sith to get their own version, but this one should do nicely.

Then, I immediately went for the Happy Gacha. Result? 1/3, DISCO DISCO, and surprisingly no dupe!

• Zidane's Masamune! In case you're not aware, this is one of his USBs. This one allows him to do Imperil Wind (which ties nicely with his OSB), and follows up all Thief abilities with a Chaser that furthers Imperil Wind. If it sounds similar, it's because it's pretty much EXACTLY the same one as Locke's, but Wind-elemental. That said, Zidane doesn't have too much competition from other Imperilers (Fang, Zack) compared to Locke, which has Machine Gun Imperiler Balthier, or Ice, which has Machine Gun Imperiler Laguna. Plus, it makes Zidane a better damage dealer for Team IX. Nice!

Compared to how it started, this is a very surprising result. So far, I got two bad dupes (Tactics, XI), one bust (XIV) and three sweet Discos (IX, X, XII). My supposition is that tomorrow will be a triple bust (disastrous Daily Draw, horrendous Happy Gacha and bad Banner 2) to compensate for the good fortune of today, and Monday will have all the elements for a wonderful VII Happy Gacha pull.

...y'know, I *might* actually pull on VII Happy Gacha... It feels like a Disco is in the air, divined by the Nintendo Direct revelation.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    And the latest RoP is up. My pull: 1/3, Zidane's SSB. The AoE Steal Power one.
    I pulled the same :/
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

And this time I pulled the President's day-off attire. An LMR and a dupe. At least it's Ice Resist armor, which is useful.

21. - Top - End - #171

FF8 parade draw is... Kiros's (Incredibly Silly, Even for FF) Guise, aka his pentabreak SSB. It's definitely A Thing.

Also in Definitely A Thing news, I got my third prize from the daily draw this morning: Barret's pentabreak SSB. Apparently today had a theme! Anyway, I've now collected an SSB, BSB, and USB from the daily, and none of them have actually been particularly good. Which I think really validate's DeNA's decision to up the rates, really. :P
    Last edited by Merlin the Tuna; 2018-09-16 at 08:08 PM.
    Merlin the Tuna

22. - Top - End - #172

Got my first relic for Selphie, SSB. It’s not nothing >.>
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

23. - Top - End - #173
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Penelo Unique from the daily and not really one that will make Zodiark tremble.

oh and speaking of XII stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
    [LIST][*]Larsa's Carmagnole (sp?)! A weird name for an item. Anyways, it's light armor (despite being a cape, which would fit better as a robe), and as things go, it's more realm-speciific armor for the designated XII healer, so it's not bad.
    It's supposed to be some type of jacket, with the name being a popular thing during the French Revolution.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darkdragoon View Post
    It's supposed to be some type of jacket, with the name being a popular thing during the French Revolution.
    Further proving that Larsa is basically Gavroche if he were born with money.

Seriously, am I the only one who remembers that AMV?

EDIT: And the VII RoP is up. 1/3, Shelke's LRM. Hey, 'member when Shelke was the go-to as an EntrustBot? I 'member.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2018-09-17 at 08:03 PM.

25. - Top - End - #175

Noooooooooo.

The new VIII banner looked really good. I use Fujin on my Wind team. Only 1 dupe on the whole banner, her LMR.

Got 2/11. Selphie’s LMR and my dupe.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

26. - Top - End - #176

RedWizardGuy

On FF VIII, it was Irvine's SSB, with wasn't just useless, but a dupe for a gun on the Realm full of Guns.

Daily gave me a 5* FFVII Fist, that didn't have even the decency of a shared SB. But at least the FFVII pull got me a useful Relic -Cid's SSB Glasses, the Big Braw.

I wanted this forever, pulled for it back in the day. Instead, got 5 of his shout clone spears. Nowadays, it's a decent mage armor with +wind, excellent as far as a SSB goes.

27. - Top - End - #177

Nooooooooo.

Another 2/11, this time 2x Fujin’s Glint.

Worst use of 100 mythril since before the days of guaranteed min 1/11.

At least I still have enough mythril for the rest of RoP and LDs.

EDIT: Went ahead and did 1 more pull (now down to 37 mythril, but that's k, the fest banners don't interest me), got Fujin's AOSB, Selphie BSB, and Raijin BSB dupe. I'd say that last one's worth it.

Yeah, decent upgrade, 2 relics for Fujin, 3 for Selphie (got her SSB from the VIII draw).
    Last edited by danzibr; 2018-09-18 at 05:52 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

Had game yesterday (last session of one of the longest-running campaigns I had with my current group, which is not really saying much since the difference between the longest and this is by orders of months), so I couldn't post...but I could actually pull.

First, Daily Draws. No dice. Yesterday was a 1*. Whoop-de-doo.

Second, Happy Gacha. Didn't mention the loot for VIII (poor, poor VIII, will not appear on the Switch for some time!). 1/3, no Disco, no dupe.

• Edea's Sorceress' Crown+! I kid you not, that's how it's written; otherwise, it'd be a 4* item that was boosted once, that happens to have something. It'd be hilarious if that was the case, but it's not - it's actually Edea's LMR, which...is pretty much Rinoa's LM2? Funny enough, I got the LMRs for Edea and Ultimecia, yet I don't use either because they lack any other SBs, and because Rinoa and Fujin are objectively better in every regard (Rinoa has Witch and Summon; Fujin has Support and Ninja).

Then, FFVII. Mama's Boy, so won't pu-hey, wait a sec.

XII: the Zodiac Age will appear on Switch. Made a pull, got a Disco.
    X/X-2 Remaster will appear on Switch. Made a pull, got a Disco.
    IX will appear on Switch. Made a pull, got a Disco.
    VII will appear on Switch. What if I pull and get a Disco?

Turns out...that's not the case. 1/3, no Disco, dupe. *sigh*
    • Cid's Viper Halberd. That's his old Burst, which I already have. For one, it's not a Mama's Boy relic, so I'm thankful for that. Also, Cid could use a stronger realm-specific spear, so might as well get something good. Count your blessings?

And finally, banner 2 of FFVIII (aka, the not-Quinoa banner, but the Disciplinary Committee banner). Seifer's Chain, Fujin's USB, stuff for Raijin...what's not to like?

2/11, ONE DISCO, no dupes.
    • Selphie's Guise! Ok, that's her LMR, and it's Light Ar--wait, LAST STAND on single-casting? That's utter bollocks! Man, if she only had double--hold on, that's her LM2. Insane.
    • Selphie's Bracelet!? How is a Bangle considered to be a 6* item over Light Armor? Again, insane. However, this one is...I believe it's the ultimate healer Medica for FFVIII (well, the only one). Instant-Cast, Astra (another source of Astra? Man, Larsa, you got played badly!), Reraise (...ouch). Reraise is bad, because it's not Last Stand - wait, Selphie's LMR, which I JUST GOT, grants Last Stand. OK, nevermind, Selphie just rose to top healer in one day. Plus I got her BSB, which grants IC Curaja on Command 1.

...Crud. I just became Sempai, didn't I?
    On Lawful Good:

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

"fine, I'll do a pull on the second 8 banner."

3 discos.

Fujin AOSB. I'll gladly take that, though all I have for Fujin is her Metsu.
    Raijin USB. My first thing for Raijin. But for Critfix and damage reflect I'll level him to 99 and figure out where I can use him.
    Selphie USB. Love me some Healer USBs, and the moderate reraise with debuff avoidance is not bad.

...and I now have 27 mythril...time to grind.

Edit: oops, AOSB, not USB for Fujin.
    Last edited by huttj509; 2018-09-18 at 09:27 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180

Quote Originally Posted by huttj509 View Post
    "fine, I'll do a pull on the second 8 banner."

3 discos.

Fujin AOSB. I'll gladly take that, though all I have for Fujin is her Metsu.
    Raijin USB. My first thing for Raijin. But for Critfix and damage reflect I'll level him to 99 and figure out where I can use him.
    Selphie USB. Love me some Healer USBs, and the moderate reraise with debuff avoidance is not bad.

...and I now have 27 mythril...time to grind.

Edit: oops, AOSB, not USB for Fujin.
    Wowza. Nice.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ