New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper X-2: Gems, Mithril, Salt - In Position!

Quote Originally Posted by darkdragoon View Post
    There is the argument that if you don't care for the Brave style USBs or torment tech you can actually coast until the anniversary next spring.
    I'll be honest, I'm kind of digging on Brave Modes now. Just got one for Terra, and the concept... Works for me. One of my frustrations with BSBs is that, while they do conserve ability uses, the commands aren't always the strongest. (There are a few exceptions.) Abilities - specifically 5- and 6-star abilities - tend to hit harder than BSB commands. Brave Modes, despite lacking the versatile bonus effects of BSBs, have more punch. For example, in an Overflow-type Brave Mode like Terra's, Brave 1 - that is, using the attack command after using one BLM ability - is the equivalent in damage to a 5-star ability. Brave 2 is comparable to an SSB, and Brave 3 to a low-end OSB. If you're looking for efficient damage, alternating Chain Firaga or Meltdown with the Brave command should keep your damage consistent while cutting ability uses in half. That notion appeals to me.

Does it appeal to me so much that I want to whale on it, though? Not really, nope. But I like that I now have something for Terra besides "have her sit there until she can use her one big boom," in any event.

As an aside, I kind of feel like I need to give her the full LD treatment, now. (Or maybe I already have? I don't think so.) At this point, she has more in her wheelhouse than Papalymo does.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

2. - Top - End - #242
    Troll in the Playground

Well I barely cleared the Apocalypse level of Ridorana Lighthouse, I need some better Dark damage to rbign along than Golbez and his old BSB i guess, but Orlandaeu and Gafgarion were amazing. Lost medals on damage taken and actions taken so I didn't master it, but I wasn't going to be able to do it without bringing two healers.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    Well I barely cleared the Apocalypse level of Ridorana Lighthouse, I need some better Dark damage to rbign along than Golbez and his old BSB i guess, but Orlandaeu and Gafgarion were amazing. Lost medals on damage taken and actions taken so I didn't master it, but I wasn't going to be able to do it without bringing two healers.
    Yeah, I'm not gonna be able to clear the D??? on Ridorana. Even with wall up, one of my characters gets one-shotted within the first round. Cleared everything else, though, so I feel pretty good about that. Especially those 5-star motes.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Yeah, I'm not gonna be able to clear the D??? on Ridorana. Even with wall up, one of my characters gets one-shotted within the first round. Cleared everything else, though, so I feel pretty good about that. Especially those 5-star motes.
    I managed to get the 2 damagable judges down to 50%, but then I messed up and Elarra died. Could probably manage it with 2 healers but *ugh.*

Do we know if there's a story cutscene after the ???

5. - Top - End - #245
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Apparently there is. I haven't tried team thunder against Guardian yet.

Brave 2 is comparable to an SSB, and Brave 3 to a low-end OSB.
    By the current examples the L3 is about 85-90% of the same character's OSB. Mages are 35 vs 40, physical is a bit more involved with Kain's jump bonus. Firion's is more like 70% if you actually get the 22 hits to max his out, but I don't think that's particularly relevant in this day and age of going for the quick killl. Interesting, so far I'm not finding much beyond "Kain has so many other things he can do already with a IV banner right on the doorstep" and "Technically Rinoa's original USB is better DPS" Maybe it's the next batch or two that get all the flak.
    Last edited by darkdragoon; 2018-09-29 at 03:53 AM.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

I really enjoy the updated dailies. Got another rainbow today.

Granted, it was a unique SB for Amarant. So an old-school SB on a character I never use. But still, it's nice opening the game in the morning and getting a free rainbow. It's a good feeling.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Troll in the Playground

I pulled Celes' Glint and Rikku's BSB Shield from the banner, fairly pleased with that.

Still think default SBs should be 1 bar like a Glint, every single one of them is objectively worse than a Glint after all.

Factotum Variants!

8. - Top - End - #248
    Firbolg in the Playground

I really enjoy the updated dailies. Got another rainbow today.

Granted, it was a unique SB for Amarant. So an old-school SB on a character I never use. But still, it's nice opening the game in the morning and getting a free rainbow. It's a good feeling.
    Nice indeed!

I pulled a Shared SB the other day. A gun from VIII. Totally worthless, I'll never field it even with a synergy bonus, but I enjoyed it.
    I pulled Celes' Glint and Rikku's BSB Shield from the banner, fairly pleased with that.

Still think default SBs should be 1 bar like a Glint, every single one of them is objectively worse than a Glint after all.
    Yeah, I completely agree. In fact, I think Default, Shared, even Unique should be 1 bar. Would help with ol' Wall, and with some synergy teams if you're lacking in gear, but that's it.

It's wonky to me that USB takes the same as Default SB.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

9. - Top - End - #249
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

2/11 in banner 4. Got Sephiroth's USB Crazy Pants and Ovelia's BSB 2. The exactly two relics on this banner that I wasn't interested, but whatever. Guess I'm fated to use Mama's Boy after all.

Also got Wakka's SSB as my 100 gem on X CT Banner, and drew a SSB for Cinque on a Daily, but it was a dupe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground

Tried my hand at Nightmare Omega Weapon again today, since I hadn't in a while. Did better, needed to do more damage to Omega himself, rather than focusing on the orbs. If I had hit him with my other Arcane burst I probably would have gotten to the final phase...

Factotum Variants!

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

So, I managed - after reviewing some strats - to clear Cruelest Heretic (Strife) today. Have you tried it? Here's my team:
    • Ashe: Chain Thundaga, Drainga. Dusk's Decree. Fallen Pride, Forbidden Arts II.
    And... that's it.

Yeah. You can technically solo Yiazmat. In some ways, it's actually easier. Aside from Sap, the debuffs don't land, which just leaves you with having to heal. The trick is to bring someone like Ashe, who packs a BSB with a command that deals elemental damage and self-heals. (Rem comes highly recommended for this reason.)

You see, the big gimmick of this fight is that, in addition to Dr. Mog granting the entire party Overflow status for the whole fight, one party member will receive a massive buff. The buff significantly boosts that party member's damage dealt, reduces their damage taken, and speeds up cast time. The buff also migrates every three seconds.

Unless there's only one person in the party. In which case, you have a single character with massively boosted damage, plus Overflow, plus reduced damage taken, plus speedy cast time, for the entire fight. Pair that with someone with a self-healing BSB command, and w-cast if you can, and all you have to do is survive long enough to trigger your BSB - which you can do with, say, Drainga or Fires Within.

Of course, the other big gimmick of this fight is that if you can do a truly massive amount of damage between the time the boss announces Cyclone and casts it, the boss takes damage over time. But you won't hit that threshold if you're soloing.

Another tip: Bring Drainga if you're using a solo caster. Not only is its damage massive - I was getting 99999 each time - but with +MND gear (I brought Dagger's Dagger for its tasty combo of +MND and +Lightning), you're also looking at a 9999 heal.

I tried this setup out with Transcendent difficulty, and while I was able to make some headway against that wall of HP, the damaging attacks came faster and harder, and it was tougher to keep up. While I probably could, if I took the time and handled it carefully, I honestly don't feel the need to grind this fight for a cash prize and bragging rights. So it's off to farm more crystals for me.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

*soloing yizamat*
    Wow. Just wow. But then that requires finishing off the 3rd version, and I had trouble with the second, and no good BSB with self-healing. (I think I have Twin Moons and that's it.)

Factotum Variants!

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Wow. Just wow. But then that requires finishing off the 3rd version, and I had trouble with the second, and no good BSB with self-healing. (I think I have Twin Moons and that's it.)
    Getting through the second version is definitely easier than the third. I just brought an A-Team for that, and only one of them died to its instant-kill mechanic. Just be sure to bring Ultra Cure instead of Curada.

In terms of appropriate solo options, there are actually more than you think. For example, Garland, DK Cecil, Seymour, and Zeid all have an LM2 that grants single-target Dark attacks a moderate chance to self-heal. Additionally, there are a whole lot of BSBs with a self-heal or single-target heal command, such as Ceodore's, Galuf's BSB1 (with Imperil Fire), Kimahri's, Ashe's, Vayne's, Reks' (his is actually on the second command), Rapha's, and Rem's. Additionally, Yda with her USB/BSB and Fires Within can heal through (and ignore) a lot of pain. They do require varying levels of investment, though.

I mean, technically, you could bring Raines, who doesn't have a self-heal command at all, but give him Drainga and/or Dire Heal and he's mostly unkillable. You get the idea.

There's a thread full of soloing pointers on Reddit. Just be advised that it's a slog - staying alive might not be a problem for you, but Yiaz has a boatload of HP, so it takes awhile.

14. - Top - End - #254

Grats on the solo!

Man. I tried the VIII Ultima a couple times. Can’t beat him. Supa hard.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

And banner 5 is up, folks! Time to bring this insanity to a close.

Decided to do a cult of 3 pull, for kicks. Got me Shantotto's AOSB, which is pretty darn slick. Admittedly, my only actual use for Shantotto is her CSB - I never got an updated Lightning chain, meh - so I'm not sure how I'd be able to swing an AOSB when I'm busy keeping the Chain afloat. But still, pretty solid relic.

Happy pulls, all.

16. - Top - End - #256

RedWizardGuy

1/11 - Dupe of Ignis RLM. Meh. At least, my farming of Dark Orbs is going absurdly well so far. And another FF IV event is coming, yeah!

17. - Top - End - #257

I just looked up what a carbuncle is. Gross.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

Alright, folks, Banner 2 is up! The big one!

Big pull, survey says... 2/11, both disco! Faris' USB shield, with an Imperil Wind and a neat THF chase that further Imperils Wind. The relic also adds Wind and Earth resist. And Terra's USB, with En-Fire and a BLM-based Brave Mode! It's basically a multi-use OSB, sweet!

Feeling lucky, decided to run another big pull... 2/11, two rainbows! Cloud's Glint, instant-cast Wind damage and Empowered En-Wind, and Ulala's LMR with a chance to proc medica when using BRD. Both are decent, but alas, the LMR is a dupe.

Probably should have stuck with just the one pull, but I'm pretty satisfied. I'm done with the Fest banners, regardless. Happy pulls, all!
    I'll be honest, I'm kind of digging on Brave Modes now. Just got one for Terra, and the concept... Works for me. One of my frustrations with BSBs is that, while they do conserve ability uses, the commands aren't always the strongest. (There are a few exceptions.) Abilities - specifically 5- and 6-star abilities - tend to hit harder than BSB commands. Brave Modes, despite lacking the versatile bonus effects of BSBs, have more punch. For example, in an Overflow-type Brave Mode like Terra's, Brave 1 - that is, using the attack command after using one BLM ability - is the equivalent in damage to a 5-star ability. Brave 2 is comparable to an SSB, and Brave 3 to a low-end OSB. If you're looking for efficient damage, alternating Chain Firaga or Meltdown with the Brave command should keep your damage consistent while cutting ability uses in half. That notion appeals to me.

Does it appeal to me so much that I want to whale on it, though? Not really, nope. But I like that I now have something for Terra besides "have her sit there until she can use her one big boom," in any event.

As an aside, I kind of feel like I need to give her the full LD treatment, now. (Or maybe I already have? I don't think so.) At this point, she has more in her wheelhouse than Papalymo does.
    Seriously, and you say that so non-chalantly!? "Huh, guess I got Terra's Brave USB. Cool. Maybe I should LD her up?"

Seriously?

SERIOUSLY!?

Considering what I suffered, this is an offense of the worst kind. Worse than worse! You know how much I toiled to get that, how bad my "Happy Gacha" pulls were (compared to last Happy Gacha), and how much I staked on that single Banner, just to get betrayed twice!?

I expected better, Fel. I expected gloating. I expected you to gloat that I, her most ardent admirer, didn't got what landed so nicely on your lap. That is most disappointing. Shaaame! SHAAAAAME!

...ahem, as you can see, Banner 2 of the Autumn Festival wasn't very good. I had saved 50 Mythril, so I was pretty happy; I mean, not only I had a chance for Terra's glorious Brave USB, but stuff for Elarra! Like her awesome USB! And her Burst! I mean, I don't have her, but...

So, I make my first pull. 1/11; already a bad sign. No Disco; definitely a bad sign. And the Daily Draw wasn't very auspicious...
    • Elarra's Hat! Let's look at the positives. For one, it's not a dupe. Also, it's something for Elarra, which was something I was aiming for. And it's one of those "mini-Medica on Bard/Dancer skills", which are pretty nice. Add to it that Bard skills have iterative improvements, and you get the idea; it's an awesome LMR...for a character I don't have. You see, I've been lazy in giving Liquid Flame its due. I know I can beat him. I just...don't. And, since I wanted to do a story about releasing Elarra before she joined Tyro on his advantures, I haven't done any of the Record Dungeons. Which means...I haven't unlocked Elarra the traditional way. Getting ONLY her LMR doesn't make it that much of a priority...

But of course, the Fest is pretty much starting! Also, the day after, the Gift dungeon has 20 Mythril to deliver! I just have to do some Classic/Elite Dungeons, clear out the Pharos at Ridorana, the missing MP battles...and gather all the stuff I was saving for in the Item Chest. I get 50 Mythril very easily. I do the Daily Draw: a 2*! Most auspicious! So I say to myself, "this is the chance. Astrakhan Hat, here we go!"

The result? 3/11, no Disco, two dupes, and ALL of the relics are from the same realm. No guesses as to which, because...well...
    • Alphinaud's Veil of Wiyu. Dupe #1. Upgraded it to 7*. Still no better than other relics when accounted overall; not even better than the Tome of Fantasy.
    • Papalymo's Lilith Rod. Dupe #2. Sure, that means the rod (which has EnFire) is better, but I barely use Potato! Why should I, if my Fire Goddess is absolutely nuts in terms of power!
    • Papalymo's Caster's Doublet! The only non-dupe, and OF COURSE, it has to be a LMR. Not only that, a boring EnFire LMR at that. I don't even have Papalymo LD'ed! And worse, the competition for 5* Spirit motes is so fierce, he'll be on the waiting list probably until the end of the game, or until 5* Motes become easier to access. I mean...it's a Robe, but nothing else. Why should I feel satisfied?

So yeah, I felt like I failed my beloved Fire Goddess. And then I hear someone else got the Big Prize, and nonchalantly speaks about it.

Anyways, what else? Oh yeah - Gabby is a pain, because the ONLY way to nerf his buff is with Auron's USB, meaning you must have a source of Wall, Protectga and Hastega that can be recast ASAP (oh look, sounds like Tyro! If ONLY I had his GodWall...) in order to proceed. I can consistently mow down Ghis and Bergan (AoE damage FTW, particularly when Terra is doublecasting Vali for ~30k per hit!), but everything else is a pain once Gabby drops his defense. I also need a source of Last Stand, meaning Yuna, Relm or, by small chance, Selphie with her LMR. Don't feel like he's gonna be defeated any time soon.

Also having troubles with the FFVIII Apoc++ bosses. Something about too much damage or something. No idea why. I put the blame on Irvine for being such a sucky Support guy.

What else...oh yeah! While I *did* fail my lady on Glorious Banner 2, it seems the RNGods had something else to say. I scrounged up 50 Mythril before the Banner 2 of FFVI dropped out. I had several dupes there: Terra's USB, Mog's USB, Strago's BSB. You can figure it was a bad idea, right?

Well, I think hard and fast about it, and I say...well, I'm pissed about my failure in Banner 2, so why not make a Rage Pull? And I know, I know, I can hear you saying, "but Oskar, that's ALWAYS a bad idea! It has 3 dupes, and the only thing you could care about is your waifu's BSB2!" But I didn't listen.

I made the Daily Draw. It was EXTREMELY AUSPICIOUS - second DISCO, and it ended up NOT being a dupe! And also, from a realm I don't have many things about!

• Meia's Pallida Mors! I saw it at first, and then I groaned - damn, something for Serah! Then I noticed the icon; a Rod!? In case you're not aware, this is Meia's OSB, making it one of the few Water OSBs I got (the other being Tidus' OSB), and for a realm that's steadily getting new stuff. Not too shabby.

So, I make the pull. What can go wrong? The result: 4/11, DISCO DISCO, and only one dupe!
    • Mog's Timpani. The only dupe. Will make it a 7* instrument. Don't care, good thing still.
    • Cyan's Riot Blade! You know just HOW MUCH Cyan spent his time without a relic of his own? This is the katana (or rather, the Zanmatou) he borrowed from Auron. It's an EnFire USB with some weird quirks, such as granting High Retaliate AND a boost to Critical damage. Say, which skill has a higher Crit chance when you have Retaliate, and happens to be Fire elemental? That means Cyan is the proud user of Warring Flame, which he can mix with Damning Flame for SSB-level damage.
    • Cyan's Bracer! Same thing as Potato, but that means he starts kicking bum already from the get go.
    • Terra's Arm--

Wait, WHAT!?

Yep, you read that right.

• Terra's Armbands! This is her second Burst, the one where the children of Mobliz (aka, my foster kids!) empower Terra to do some serious damage. It's EnFire (as if she didn't have any sources of EnFire, what with her SSB, Glint, USB and now her Brave USB...), and it's a copy of Potato's BSB, with the caveat of "more damage if the enemy is Slightly/Vulnerable to Fire". Now, do recall, she's a Fire Goddess. That means she can stack up her EnFire with her USB and Glint, meaning she probably doesn't need all that damage and can deal all 9's even with Resist. That said, Command 2 is Fire elemental and AoE, which is perfect because it can be doublecast! Not only that, I don't have to worry about never getting this anymore!

So, let's count: I got her Enhancer, her Minerva Bustier, her Dad's Horn, her Tiara, her Cloak, her Stardust Rod, her Asura's Rod, her Blood Sword, her Durandal, her Cloak and now her Armguards. Not counting her Enhancer and Minerva Bustier (which are SBs) and her Armbands (which I just got, so I haven't mastered the BSB2), she has a +80 to Magic, which will soon become +90. If I had these two items I miss for Complete Waifu, I'd have a +110 Magic. Good thing the Brave USB will be re-released soon enough, right? Right?

Also, because that means I don't have to save that slot, I finally claimed my free relic from the Banner VII of the Acolyte's Archives! Three guesses to which relic it is, and the first two don't count.
    Spoiler: Read if you give up very easily.
    Show
    • Ingus' Aegis Shield! This is his EnEarth, and also the relic that allows him to join the Tanking Trio. Besides his EnEarth on entry, he gets Sentinel on one command, and Retaliate on the other. All attacks are Earth Elemental. Sure, his BSB2 is more desirable, but if you find yourself building SB gauge like crazy, you can cycle them. That means he's also closer to completion, because the only thing he lacks is...what, his LMR?

Five new relics in one day, and at least two of them being Discos. I forgive you, DeNA. I forgive you. Just make sure I get my babe's ASB and Brave USB before her AwakeningSB comes to Global, mmkay?
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Troll in the Playground

I'm out of mythril for pulls, so whatever.

I did finally beat Omega Weapon and get the Omega Drive crystal. I still have to figure out how to do those darned tonberries right though.

Factotum Variants!

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
    • Terra's Armbands! This is her second Burst, the one where the children of Mobliz (aka, my foster kids!) empower Terra to do some serious damage. It's EnFire (as if she didn't have any sources of EnFire, what with her SSB, Glint, USB and now her Brave USB...), and it's a copy of Potato's BSB, with the caveat of "more damage if the enemy is Slightly/Vulnerable to Fire". Now, do recall, she's a Fire Goddess. That means she can stack up her EnFire with her USB and Glint, meaning she probably doesn't need all that damage and can deal all 9's even with Resist. That said, Command 2 is Fire elemental and AoE, which is perfect because it can be doublecast! Not only that, I don't have to worry about never getting this anymore!
    Grats, chief. 'Bout time.

In other news, have I mentioned that I love the updated daily draw lately? Because today I got Braska's BSB. It's... Hardly the strongest of Fire BSBs. I think Oskar will gladly tell us who gets that. But it's something for an X caster team, I suppose. (Like Lulu isn't utterly dominating that field right now.) It's just nice to get a rainbow from the daily, you know?

21. - Top - End - #261

RedWizardGuy

Well, my old 3 year phone is, once again, having one of it's fits of rage, and left me without the ability to play. And I was planning to change it once Christmas was over, and some expenses were paid. Since my credit is a bit low right now, unless I get an used phone from a friend able to run FFRK, I will resort to an old phone until then. Well, good luck on your pulls guys. See you (hopefully) soon.
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm out of mythril for pulls, so whatever.

I did finally beat Omega Weapon and get the Omega Drive crystal. I still have to figure out how to do those darned tonberries right though.
    Bring Halting Rumba on Rikku with a high MIND build. The stop is long lasting, but the longer the better. You'll also want Dismissal and something to inflict slow. Tempo Flurry is old reliable there.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by u/s_SoNick
    Dr Mog: Hey, spiffy new threads you got there Tyro.

Tyro: Pie jesu domine smacks book against forehead Dona eis requiem

23. - Top - End - #263

BardGuy

The sigils make the corresponding status always hit, but you're pretty much better off just beating them down with Tempo Flurry, Dismissal and Shadowbind.
    It's also much easier if you have any or can RW stuff that hits those statuses at the same time:
    ie
    Cyan's Bloodmoon-Stun and stop
    Faris' Phantom (probably the hardest hitting one you can find)

That said, if you're in no hurry, there are several characters getting Celerity boosting ultras in the near future, with Lightning probably being next week.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jurai View Post
    Bring Halting Rumba on Rikku with a high MIND build. The stop is long lasting, but the longer the better. You'll also want Dismissal and something to inflict slow. Tempo Flurry is old reliable there.
    Yep I remembered this today and finally did it. I had them stopped so badly I couldn't interrupt them and Master the fight, but whatever.

Then I proceeded to be utterly destroyed by the first magicite fight I tried. So uh, where do you even start with that?

Factotum Variants!

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

Yep I remembered this today and finally did it. I had them stopped so badly I couldn't interrupt them and Master the fight, but whatever.

Then I proceeded to be utterly destroyed by the first magicite fight I tried. So uh, where do you even start with that?
    You can find various guides on Reddit, but the gist of it is this: It's tough.

You're going to need solid DPS, with SBs. Leave SUP at home, because it's useless. You'll need a healer, maybe two, depending. If your strategy involves a particular SB, you may need an EntrustBot.

Focus on the Magicite for which you have the best elemental coverage. For example, if you're drowning in Water SBs, start with Liquid Fire (who is, coincidentally, one of the easier Magicites). Once you've taken one Magicite down, do it a few more times to fill out your Magicite deck, then start working your way around the circle in a clockwise manner, using the Magicite you receive from one to help against the next.

But first step? You're going to spend a lot of time tweaking your team. You're also going to need an individual team for each Magicite. You're also going to avoid using the Optimize command when equipping, because you'll be focusing on element/status resistances, not pure stats.

Have fun. I still haven't beaten the 3-star Light and Dark Magicites.

26. - Top - End - #266

RedWizardGuy

Depends. What's your best elemental team right now? How good are your healers? Magicites hit fast and hard. It's better to aswer in the same kind. The easier ones are probably Liquid Flame (because it doesn't have special phases and it reset's the ATB whenever it changes forms) and Fenrir (because it only uses physical attacks and one spell that ignores resistance, so you just need Wind resistance, maybe some slow resistance - and if your Ice Magic mojo is good, you even avoids his physical blinks).

Bismark was probably the most frustrating of the 3* Magicites, since he has several elements and both physical and magic attacks. It's the fight that sold me on bringing 2 healers, specially if you have Garnet or Deuce Bursts, because the Atk/Mag buffs on top of healing or imperil was a solid advantage on this fight.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Troll in the Playground

Oh dear, liquid flame was what I tried, but in all honesty my Water SBs are kind of garbage. (Bartz' BSB, Rikku's BSB, Tidus' OSB and...Terra's really old BSB)

How hard is Sealion? Seeing as my fire coverage is a lot better. (Celes with Maria's Song, Papalymo with his USB and BSB, Krile with her CSB and BSB, Bartz with his ASB, OSB and USB). I could also bring Greg with his Fire CSB, though he lacks a good source of fire damage without building up the relevant Samurai skills.

Generally I use Y'shtola with Asylum for healing, might be worth egging Rosa up for Holy Ray, since one of its commands adds a magic wall and I have Benediction too.

Factotum Variants!

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

Oh dear, liquid flame was what I tried, but in all honesty my Water SBs are kind of garbage. (Bartz' BSB, Rikku's BSB, Tidus' OSB and...Terra's really old BSB)

How hard is Sealion? Seeing as my fire coverage is a lot better. (Celes with Maria's Song, Papalymo with his USB and BSB, Krile with her CSB and BSB, Bartz with his ASB, OSB and USB). I could also bring Greg with his Fire CSB, though he lacks a good source of fire damage without building up the relevant Samurai skills.

Generally I use Y'shtola with Asylum for healing, might be worth egging Rosa up for Holy Ray, since one of its commands adds a magic wall and I have Benediction too.
    My recommendation for healing is actually an instant-cast, where possible. Asylum is nice, but you're better off with something like Relm's Divine Portrait. Yeah, it's not as versatile as the command options on a BSB, but when you need a heal right now, waiting for an SB to cast won't cut it. Where Divine Portrait isn't an option, Benediction is also a good choice, generally.

With regard to Sealion - and Magicites in general - I find that selecting one damage type (either PHY or MAG) is better than mixing. That's because, generally, you want some kind of Boostga/Faithga, and a mixed option (e.g. OnionBurst) won't give you as significant a boost as a single option (e.g. Shout). As it happens, I have OK's pUSB and mUSB, so he can cover either base, but it's something to keep in mind where possible.

In terms of how challenging Sealion is, he has a mix of PHY and MAG, which can be tricky to defend against. He also has a Water attack (which unlocks at low HP) in addition to his Ice attacks, so there's no easy way to put together your resistances. You may need two healers for this guy. Plus side is that there are a lot of options for Fire damage, including Meltdown, Valigarmanda, and Smoldering Fire.

Personally, I brought a MAG team to Sealion, as follows:
    • Papalymo: Firaja, Chain Firaga. Enochian Firaja. Thaumaturgic Flair, Overseer of the Circle, Forbidden Arts II.
    • Onion Knight: Meltdown, Protectga. Forbidden Wisdom. Sorceror Sublime, Swordsman Sublime, Dr. Mog's Teachings.
    • Terra: Chain Firaga, Chain Firaga. Omen, Inferno Combo. Knight's Charge.
    • Edward: Angelsong, Mage's Hymn. Whisperweed Ballad. Zeal.
    • Relm: Curada, Shellga. Divine Portrait. Mako Might.

Admittedly, this list is out of date. I could replace Edward with Ulala, for example, since her LMR occasionally tacks medica onto BRDs. I could also use Terra's Brave USB, perhaps. Or LD her.

The good news is that this is not a battle requiring you to consider status ailments. My gear is instead designed around Water resist and otherwise stat numbers.

Edward is mostly filler, but his function as a force multiplier is powerful. Again, you can substitute any BRD for him. Angelsong helps substantially with off-healing, while Mage's Hymn gives a stacking powerup to casters. (If you're using a PHY team, there's a PHY equivalent.) I think it's worth honing, at least for Magicites.

Papalymo with his BSB and an LD is extremely powerful for this fight, and generally. With a full dive, he gets +Fire and a moderate chance to W-cast. With the right RM, that becomes a chance to triplecast. His BSB boosts his Fire, his CMD2 boosts his MAG, and between that, OK's pUSB, and Mage's Hymn, his CMD1 is absolutely unloading damage on Sealion.

I bring OK in part because of his mUSB, and in part because of his versatility. True, there are other sources of Sheepsong, but OK can use a BLM (e.g. Meltdown) to deal damage and charge gauge, and he can bring half of the ProShellga duo, which is important in a mixed-damage fight like this one. Relm brings the other half, along with Divine Portrait for emergency healing and well-timed non-charge.

I can say that, when I first tried him, he was super hard. But once I had this team assembled - and various iterations of this had been used successfully on other Magicites, so I was already familiar with the mechanics - he was much easier. He's one of few that I can consistently sub30. So part of it is your team, and part of it is simply experience and familiarity.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

I'll have to dig around for what else I've got then and see what I can challenge. it's a little frustrating that being able to do them at all is down to luck of the draw, but that's the name of the game isn't it?

Factotum Variants!

30. - Top - End - #270

BardGuy

A minimalist clear would pretty much need:

1 Healer
    1 Damage Dealer
    3 Wrath/Entrust to feed the other two, buffs etc.

Shelke and/or Morrow can help there as you don't really need any of their relics, just motes to dive for the Haste and instant cast start.
    Onion Knight is more involved (at the very least you want his LMR) but is way more versatile.

Personally I have Rosa and Edge on pretty much every team. Ramza on all the physical heavy ones. Golem is my sticking point right now, although it seems like one relic away.
    Last edited by darkdragoon; 2018-10-06 at 01:23 AM.