New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Call of Cthulhu on a boat

I’m running horror on the orient express and looking for some side adventures to run if the party gets off track. I’m not a huge fan of the ones I saw in the campaign book. I don’t want to take them to a new setting and I certainly don’t want to run Cthulhu in wonderland.

In particular a couple of characters are set up as smugglers and their players have implied that they think it would be fun to run into trouble on a boat. Are there any existing adventures that already have that premise?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Call of Cthulhu on a boat

The Derelict, for Cthulhu modern.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Call of Cthulhu on a boat

Horror on the Orient Express is set on railway lines, to a tight timeline, often in land-locked countries. It's also massively long just as written. Running extra side adventures, and trying to move them from the train to a boat (and presumably back again) is going to be a tall order.
    Check out our Sugar Fuelled Gamers roleplaying Actual Play Podcasts. Over 300 hours of gaming audio, including Dungeons and Dragons, Savage Worlds, and Call of Cthulhu. We've raced an evil Phileas Fogg around the world, travelled in time, come face to face with Nyarlathotep, become kings, gotten shipwrecked, and, of course, saved the world!