Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CLIII

A girl steps into the tavern.

She is slim, quite tall, and her long light brown hair is tied in many small plaits that cascade down her back. The plaits swish as she walks to the bar, her movements are fluid and agile. She has a quiver full of arrows and a bow slung over her shoulder, and is wearing light leather trousers and a black zip up hoodie. Her heavy boots (much like Doc Martens) have dirty pink laces. She has a lot of piercings in her ears, the silver earrings glint in the light.

She takes a look at the drinks list, and orders a beer. She holds her head high, peering across the tavern as if looking for someone in particular.

2. - Top - End - #962
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

A black cat enters, her gentle footsteps almost completely silent as she makes her way to the bar. Gracefully, she leaps onto a stool and wraps her long tail around her paws.

She begins to speak, addressing no one in particular. "Excuse me," she says slowly, clearly unused to human language. "Is this place only for two-legs?" She glances shyly down at her paws. "I mean, hu...hu-mans?" Her ears swivel back. "I'd like to order a drink."
    Like Star Wars, ponies, and/or unabashed silliness? Check out my YouTube channel, Nothing In Particular, for a healthy dose of absurdity. It's just what the doctor ordered!*

* Surgeon General's Warning: May cause chronic hideous laughter, eye rolling, or beleaguered sighs. Not intended to prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease.

3. - Top - End - #963
    Bugbear in the Playground

A mermaid is sitting at the bar, next to where the cat found a seat. She's got dark skin, black eyes, teal fins along her arm and neck, and a green fish-tail.

"I hope it's not," says the mermaid, who has eaten here once before but didn't order a drink last time. "My ride went outside, the cook was complaining about him making a mess or something, and I don't think I'll be able to go somewhere else on my own to get a drink."
    Seems she's waiting for a drink, having already ordered.

The NPC elf-server Paige walks up and looks down at the cat. "Hey, cutie," she says to the cat. "What kind of drink do you want? We're having a special today, if you get two you can have a third for free."
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2019-10-02 at 07:25 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

4. - Top - End - #964
    Titan in the Playground

Anyone examining the tavern will likely spot a middle-aged goblin sitting by one of the tables, drinking something slowly. He looks relaxed and laid-back, but he's actually a lot more alert than it seems. Perhaps easier to notice is a very large grey wolf taking a nap by his table, as well as a saddle right next to the wolf.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #965
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

'Ah, just who I was looking for.'

Edelina (the girl with the plaits and piercings) strolls over to the table occupied by the goblin and the wolf. She takes her beer and plops herself down, on a chair very close to the sleeping wolf. She is not afraid of it at all, it would seem.

Edelina introduces herself to the middle-aged goblin, and extends a hand for him to shake if he chooses.

'I've got a problem. And you're uh, just the man - I mean goblin - to help me.'

6. - Top - End - #966
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    A mermaid is sitting at the bar, next to where the cat found a seat. She's got dark skin, black eyes, teal fins along her arm and neck, and a green fish-tail.

"I hope it's not," says the mermaid, who has eaten here once before but didn't order a drink last time. "My ride went outside, the cook was complaining about him making a mess or something, and I don't think I'll be able to go somewhere else on my own to get a drink."
    Seems she's waiting for a drink, having already ordered.

The NPC elf-server Paige walks up and looks down at the cat. "Hey, cutie," she says to the cat. "What kind of drink do you want? We're having a special today, if you get two you can have a third for free."
    Instinctively, the cat's ears flatten against her head at the sight of Paige, recalling the stories she had been told all her life about creatures that walk on two legs. Summoning her courage, she straightens. "I'll have a..." Her green eyes narrow as she tries to make out the small text on the menu. "Feline's Fancy. That sounds good." Her stomach growls loudly. "And also a bamhacon, no eggs. Please," she adds as Paige jots down her order and heads back into the kitchen.

The cat's eyes linger on the mermaid's green tail for several moments, until finally she speaks. "Are you some kind of fish?" she asks bluntly, not meeting the woman's eyes.
    Like Star Wars, ponies, and/or unabashed silliness? Check out my YouTube channel, Nothing In Particular, for a healthy dose of absurdity. It's just what the doctor ordered!*

* Surgeon General's Warning: May cause chronic hideous laughter, eye rolling, or beleaguered sighs. Not intended to prevent, diagnose, or treat any disease.

7. - Top - End - #967
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fendrick View Post
    'Ah, just who I was looking for.'

Edelina (the girl with the plaits and piercings) strolls over to the table occupied by the goblin and the wolf. She takes her beer and plops herself down, on a chair very close to the sleeping wolf. She is not afraid of it at all, it would seem.

Edelina introduces herself to the middle-aged goblin, and extends a hand for him to shake if he chooses.

'I've got a problem. And you're uh, just the man - I mean goblin - to help me.'
    Dipsnig shakes the offered hand, his ears perking up.

"A problem, you say? Solving people's problems is what I do, yes. Do tell me about it. Though you have me at a disadvantage, it seems."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.

8. - Top - End - #968
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Edelina shakes Dipsnig's hand firmly.

'Well, diving straight in to business - I live on my parents' farm, with my sister, well, my sister isn't there... You see, a gargoyle flew by the other week, and since then my little sister has been missing. She probably became its friend, or something like that... But I can't find her anywhere, and she hasn't sent word at all... I'm beginning to get worried. My sister gets into scrapes all the time, you see, but I really need a hand getting her out of this one. I heard you're good at solving problems, as you say. After finding out you're here, I came straight away to ask your assistance. Can you help?'

She takes a breath and pauses following her slightly-garbled explanation. Edelina does not seem to realise that she spoke really quickly. Her eyes twinkle in the light, with a kind of headstrong confidence, her youth and enthusiasm however come across to many as endearing rather than arrogant.

Edelina leans toward the sleeping wolf absent-mindedly after talking, stroking its fur without being aware of it. Deep in thought, she is definitely not afraid of the wolf nor the goblin - whether this is bravery or foolishness has yet to be seen.

9. - Top - End - #969

"Of course," says Paige. "They'll be right out in a moment."
    Having received the order, she goes back to give the order to the chef, and to grab a bottle of Feline's Fancy.

The mermaid, who goes by Coraline, looks down at her own tail. She laughs, and says, "Ha, I guess I kind-of am."

Then, actually answering the question, she says, "No, I'm a mermaid. I'm as much a fish as you are a...hm..." She looks over the cat, trying to come up with a good simile. "...Sorry, I don't know enough land animals to make a good comparison."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

10. - Top - End - #970
    Titan in the Playground

Edelina shakes Dipsnig's hand firmly.

'Well, diving straight in to business - I live on my parents' farm, with my sister, well, my sister isn't there... You see, a gargoyle flew by the other week, and since then my little sister has been missing. She probably became its friend, or something like that... But I can't find her anywhere, and she hasn't sent word at all... I'm beginning to get worried. My sister gets into scrapes all the time, you see, but I really need a hand getting her out of this one. I heard you're good at solving problems, as you say. After finding out you're here, I came straight away to ask your assistance. Can you help?'

She takes a breath and pauses following her slightly-garbled explanation. Edelina does not seem to realise that she spoke really quickly. Her eyes twinkle in the light, with a kind of headstrong confidence, her youth and enthusiasm however come across to many as endearing rather than arrogant.

Edelina leans toward the sleeping wolf absent-mindedly after talking, stroking its fur without being aware of it. Deep in thought, she is definitely not afraid of the wolf nor the goblin - whether this is bravery or foolishness has yet to be seen.
    Dipsnig listens to the account with an air of detached professionalism. Seems like a simple enough job, shouldn't take one of their members more than a... hm. He was going to assign it to someone, but... it's been a while since he was in the field. Maybe such a simple investigation is what he needs to stretch his legs again. Finally shoot his crossbow outside target practice.

"I believe I can. This looks like a simple enough missing person case, though one can never assume. I will just need a contract in writing, then I"ll call one of my subordinates to help and we can be off."

The wolf doesn't wake up at being stroked.

11. - Top - End - #971
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    [Back in the Saddle]

"Hey, it's fine," Caelynn assures, making a dismissive gesture. You know, the kind that someone makes when they're trying to be polite, without actually trying to prevent the kind offer. Taking a sip from the heavy mug, she blinks, tilting her head in thought. "Hm, I don't think so, sorry. Feel like I'd remember getting to chat with an officer of the law." A beat. "Or an angel, for that matter." Getting to patch up a divinity would be quite an experience.
    [Back in the Saddle]

"No, no, I'm sure there was something. Something, uhm." Ithuriel frowns, staring at her own drink as if expecting the pale amber liquid within to shed some answers, like a seer peering through the water to uncover some lost knowledge. "Something, uh- oh! Thanksmas, that was it! I totally kidnapped your Magtok last Thanksmas for a few minutes." She blinks, then rubs the back of her neck awkwardly, "Uh, sorry about that."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

12. - Top - End - #972
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

"Of course," says Paige. "They'll be right out in a moment."
    Having received the order, she goes back to give the order to the chef, and to grab a bottle of Feline's Fancy.

The mermaid, who goes by Coraline, looks down at her own tail. She laughs, and says, "Ha, I guess I kind-of am."

Then, actually answering the question, she says, "No, I'm a mermaid. I'm as much a fish as you are a...hm..." She looks over the cat, trying to come up with a good simile. "...Sorry, I don't know enough land animals to make a good comparison."
    The cat's ears twitch as she tries to come up with a smilie using the few animals she knows. "A badger?" she offers. "There were badgers in the forest back home- mean, ugly creatures. I've heard they eat little kits for breakfast." Her eyes flicker from her own paws to Caroline's tail. "Something like that?"

13. - Top - End - #973

Quote Originally Posted by MossyMeow View Post
    The cat's ears twitch as she tries to come up with a smilie using the few animals she knows. "A badger?" she offers. "There were badgers in the forest back home- mean, ugly creatures. I've heard they eat little kits for breakfast." Her eyes flicker from her own paws to Caroline's tail. "Something like that?"
    "Yes," Coraline says, nodding. "Exactly. I'm as much of a fish as you're a badger. That works."
    Except the mermaid has no idea what a badger is. Except mermaids eat fish. And it sounds like cats don't eat badgers.

Paige pours the cat her drink in an appropriate container for cats to drink from - "Here you go", then goes back to get drinks for a couple other people before finally returning to the kitchen.

It should probably be noted that the mermaid isn't wearing sea-shells or whatever the stereotypical mermaid wears. Instead, she's got a sharkskin jacket over some probably-plant-based shirt and has an over-shoulder crocodile-skin bandolier with brightly colored accessories.

"So what made you want to come here? On a journey or just curiosity or what?" Coraline asks. "Personally, I wanted to see what it was like up on land. See if I could understand two-leggers better." Not four- or eight-legged people, though. There's enough of those in the sea.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

14. - Top - End - #974
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Dipsnig listens to the account with an air of detached professionalism. Seems like a simple enough job, shouldn't take one of their members more than a... hm. He was going to assign it to someone, but... it's been a while since he was in the field. Maybe such a simple investigation is what he needs to stretch his legs again. Finally shoot his crossbow outside target practice.

"I believe I can. This looks like a simple enough missing person case, though one can never assume. I will just need a contract in writing, then I"ll call one of my subordinates to help and we can be off."

The wolf doesn't wake up at being stroked.
    'Sure, thank you so much.'

Edelina suddenly realises that she was stroking the wolf. It's fur feels so nice, though, that she doesn't remove her hand.

'What's your wolf called, will it be coming with us?'

15. - Top - End - #975
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

"Yes," Coraline says, nodding. "Exactly. I'm as much of a fish as you're a badger. That works."
    Except the mermaid has no idea what a badger is. Except mermaids eat fish. And it sounds like cats don't eat badgers.

Paige pours the cat her drink in an appropriate container for cats to drink from - "Here you go", then goes back to get drinks for a couple other people before finally returning to the kitchen.

It should probably be noted that the mermaid isn't wearing sea-shells or whatever the stereotypical mermaid wears. Instead, she's got a sharkskin jacket over some probably-plant-based shirt and has an over-shoulder crocodile-skin bandolier with brightly colored accessories.

"So what made you want to come here? On a journey or just curiosity or what?" Coraline asks. "Personally, I wanted to see what it was like up on land. See if I could understand two-leggers better." Not four- or eight-legged people, though. There's enough of those in the sea.
    The cat casts down her eyes and laps up the drink from the container. After a few licks, she looks up and runs her tongue over her sharp front teeth. "I didn't," she admits finally. "Choose to come here, I mean. I don't...I don't know how...how I got here." She stares into her drink. "I was perfectly happy back home. I had a handsome mate and two lovely kits." Her voice cracks. "They were about to begin their training, become 'paws...and I left. Left to come here, with two-legs and fish-people and..." Suddenly bashful, she stops and corrects herself. "I mean, mermaids." She sighs deeply and licks her paw as she begins to clean her face, despite having not yet finished her drink. "Thank StarClan I'm alive," she says quietly. "Maybe someday I can return home."

16. - Top - End - #976
    Titan in the Playground

'Sure, thank you so much.'

Edelina suddenly realises that she was stroking the wolf. It's fur feels so nice, though, that she doesn't remove her hand.

'What's your wolf called, will it be coming with us?'
    "His name is Rigu, and yes." Dipsnig taps a few buttons on his crystal-studded vambrace, which produces some holographic images and text fields. "Once the help arrives, we can sign a contract and go."

17. - Top - End - #977
    Ogre in the Playground

Dipsnig’s vambrace beeps back almost immediately. ‘Backup will be there shortly’ is what the message says.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

18. - Top - End - #978

"..."

The mermaid looks down at her own drink. "Oh. I'm sorry."

While Coraline tries to think of what to say next, the elf-server interrupts and brings the eggless bamhacon and places it in front of the cat. "Here you go. If you need anything, feel free to call me over." Then, she goes off to help someone else.

The mermaid finally figures on what she's going to say. It's a little somber. "So, this place is kind-of a...a nexus of realities. Lots of people are just randomly taken here. Some of them find a way back home. But, most people don't."

"While swim - I mean, walking down the street I overheard talk of some people trying to make portals to connect to other worlds, so...it's possible." She emphasizes 'possible' to highlight that it's still unlikely.

She pauses, then decides to talk about herself.
    "I-I know it's not the same, but...a few years back, my fiancé just vanished. I keep on hoping he'll reappear, and I'm not giving up on finding him, but...but that's probably how your family will feel about you. On the plus side, at least you still know where they are and that they were safe, and I imagine that will give you some peace of mind."

Coraline then realizes that she's starting to sound like someone saying 'you think you have it bad? Well, I have it worse' which is not what she intended. So, she hastily adds, "What I'm trying to say, is, probably a quarter of the people in this tavern have gone through the same thing so you're not alone in trying to figure out this place."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

19. - Top - End - #979
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

"..."

The mermaid looks down at her own drink. "Oh. I'm sorry."

While Coraline tries to think of what to say next, the elf-server interrupts and brings the eggless bamhacon and places it in front of the cat. "Here you go. If you need anything, feel free to call me over." Then, she goes off to help someone else.

The mermaid finally figures on what she's going to say. It's a little somber. "So, this place is kind-of a...a nexus of realities. Lots of people are just randomly taken here. Some of them find a way back home. But, most people don't."

"While swim - I mean, walking down the street I overheard talk of some people trying to make portals to connect to other worlds, so...it's possible." She emphasizes 'possible' to highlight that it's still unlikely.

She pauses, then decides to talk about herself.
    "I-I know it's not the same, but...a few years back, my fiancé just vanished. I keep on hoping he'll reappear, and I'm not giving up on finding him, but...but that's probably how your family will feel about you. On the plus side, at least you still know where they are and that they were safe, and I imagine that will give you some peace of mind."

Coraline then realizes that she's starting to sound like someone saying 'you think you have it bad? Well, I have it worse' which is not what she intended. So, she hastily adds, "What I'm trying to say, is, probably a quarter of the people in this tavern have gone through the same thing so you're not alone in trying to figure out this place."
    The cat forces a sharp-toothed smile, and turns to eat her bamhacon. After a few swallows, she speaks again. "Thank you," she says. "For understanding, I mean. It's just that where I'm from...well, I used to understand who I was, what I was. I was a proud warrior of ShadowClan, a mate, and a mother, and now? Now I'm just some random cat wandering this...this Nexus of yours." She takes another few bites and laps at her drink. "But maybe...Maybe I can make the most of it." She takes a deep breath. "I'm Mosswillow, by the way. And you are?"

20. - Top - End - #980

After taking a drink, the mermaid introduces herself as well. "I'm Coraline. I'm not really a warrior, but...I did start a religion once? So I guess that technically makes me a priestess."

She drinks again - this is actually better than she expected. "But that wasn't getting me where I wanted, so I retired and became sort-of a fortune teller and smuggler, I guess. It's kind-of complicated."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

21. - Top - End - #981
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"His name is Rigu, and yes." Dipsnig taps a few buttons on his crystal-studded vambrace, which produces some holographic images and text fields. "Once the help arrives, we can sign a contract and go."
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Dipsnig’s vambrace beeps back almost immediately. ‘Backup will be there shortly’ is what the message says.
    Edelina grins, she likes the thought of Rigu coming with. Edelina likes to hunt, is a good shot with her bow, and has an appreciation and respect for all animals.

She is fascinated by the vambrace, and points to it, saying: 'That's cool. I've never seen one of those before.'

Before she thinks to stop herself, she blurts the question, 'Where can I get one of those?'

Edelina then stops herself from asking further questions. She smiles at Dipsnig, her curiosity visible on her face and in her green eyes.

22. - Top - End - #982
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig looks down at the bracer.

"Our backup will be here shortly. This bracer was made for me by my wife." Though she wasn't his wife yet at the time. "Another magitech engineer could make one, or you could buy something similar. Though neither would be cheap, I'd imagine."
    Last edited by Morty; 2019-10-05 at 10:37 AM.

23. - Top - End - #983
    Ogre in the Playground

Presently, another person enter the tavern. A tall minotaur with a red coat (though it has the occasional gold highlight) and polished horns. She's clearly female, even for those unfamiliar with the species, and is dressed in armored leather pants and a more casual top, with a vambrace on one arm, though not a magitek one like Dipsnig. A heavy bag rests on one side, opposite a revolver on her other hip. She sits down next to Dipsnig.
    "Afternoon, Boss. What have we got?" she asks, keeping her tone professional.

24. - Top - End - #984
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Presently, another person enter the tavern. A tall minotaur with a red coat (though it has the occasional gold highlight) and polished horns. She's clearly female, even for those unfamiliar with the species, and is dressed in armored leather pants and a more casual top, with a vambrace on one arm, though not a magitek one like Dipsnig. A heavy bag rests on one side, opposite a revolver on her other hip. She sits down next to Dipsnig.
    "Afternoon, Boss. What have we got?" she asks, keeping her tone professional.
    Dipsnig looks down at the bracer.

"Our backup will be here shortly. This bracer was made for me by my wife." Though she wasn't his wife yet at the time. "Another magitech engineer could make one, or you could buy something similar. Though neither would be cheap, I'd imagine."
    Edelina frowns, M-magitech? Like, technology with magic? That sounds cool. Where I'm from, they don't have things like that. It's, uh, only quite basic stuff we have really. Like this.'

She pats her bow as if it is a trusty companion.

Edelina sees the minotaur enter, and smiles at her, eager to get the rescue underway.

25. - Top - End - #985
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig's eyebrow and on ear rises when Kray enters. Right, I guess Krayger is... Kray, today. He's still not entirely sure what exactly happened to bring that about, but apparently fey were involved.

"Right. Miss, this is Kray, my employee. Kray, this is Edelina, our client. We'll be looking for her sister, who's gone missing. Gargoyles might be involved."

26. - Top - End - #986
    Ogre in the Playground

Kray waves a hand at Dipsnig's reaction.
    "Nymph thought it would be funny to push the button. I'll be back to normal again four days." Unless the predictions on which night will have a full moon are wrong, which they might be.
    "So basic search and rescue, and you want me for the muscle. That's fine. How far is it?" she asks.

27. - Top - End - #987
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

After taking a drink, the mermaid introduces herself as well. "I'm Coraline. I'm not really a warrior, but...I did start a religion once? So I guess that technically makes me a priestess."

She drinks again - this is actually better than she expected. "But that wasn't getting me where I wanted, so I retired and became sort-of a fortune teller and smuggler, I guess. It's kind-of complicated."
    Mosswillow's eyes widen. "A fortune teller? You mean you can see the future?" She clears her throat and laps up more of her drink. "Isn't that nice," she says, trying to sound nonchalant.

28. - Top - End - #988
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Dipsnig's eyebrow and on ear rises when Kray enters. Right, I guess Krayger is... Kray, today. He's still not entirely sure what exactly happened to bring that about, but apparently fey were involved.

"Right. Miss, this is Kray, my employee. Kray, this is Edelina, our client. We'll be looking for her sister, who's gone missing. Gargoyles might be involved."
    Kray waves a hand at Dipsnig's reaction.
    "Nymph thought it would be funny to push the button. I'll be back to normal again four days." Unless the predictions on which night will have a full moon are wrong, which they might be.
    "So basic search and rescue, and you want me for the muscle. That's fine. How far is it?" she asks.

'Hi, Kray. Nice to meet you.'

Edelina sighs, pretty oblivious to the fact that Kray's appearance is anything different to normal, but appearing concerned for her sister. 'My sister was last seen at the family farm, now... Fifteen days ago. She's been away before, so I didn't worry for the first ten days.... But seeing as she hasn't even sent word, I'm quite concerned. There was a gargoyle that came to the farm a day before she disappeared, which was unusual, but I didn't think much of it at the time. All sorts of strange creatures come and go, we're a ways out into the country.'

29. - Top - End - #989

"There's probably a bunch of people around here who can actually see the future," Coraline says, nodding. "I can kind-of do that, but what I did is not so much seeing the future as it is predicting it, I guess? Like, tarots, omens, readings, bones, and stuff like that."

So, more like a real-life fortune teller than someone who has create-visions-of-the-future magic.

Meanwhile, a crocodile re-enters the tavern, crawling its way towards them. The crocodile has a weird saddle on its back. Looks like her ride is coming back from eating.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

30. - Top - End - #990
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig shrugs. Kray doesn't seem overly distressed by the transformation, so it's no business of his, really.

"Let's sign a contract for this job and head to your home, then. We'll see what we can find there."