Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1471
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CLIII

Weeeeeell...

Considering that the barmaid is a non-euclidean arcane horror of searing Truth currently folded in on herself until she fits in a nice human-shape package so she doesn't burn the souls of mortals to cinders for looking at her? A lovecraftian monstrosity will probably get along just fine.

It would appear as though she's taking advantage of the fact that time in a play by post format is really wonky to be interacting with two different customers that came in on two different real-life days.

Now it's three.

Three different customers who came in on three different days.

"Howdy! Welcome to Trog's Tavern!" the obviously completely normal human barmaid calls out. "I like you're narrative-style, it looks fun! Is there anything I can get you today...."

She seems to squint up at the ceiling above the entity's head for a few moments.

"...Chris?"

Meanwhile!

"Ooh, that sounds serious," Zee hums as she surreptitious produces a plate of pastries for the table full of nearly identical women. "I'll admit I'm not very up to speed on villainous do-baddings since my vacation ended. Are you talking about AMEN? I know they're pretty unpleasant. Or at least they try real hard to be."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Ogre in the Playground

There is some muttering between the women, and some consulting of cell phones, crystal balls, and looking over each others' shoulders. After a moment, there is a reply. "No, it's something else. Something different, with huge dragons."
    "And a robot army!"
    "And a robot army."
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Good because I need a facking drink." Chris mumbled, making sure not to curse because he knew this site didn't allow it. He sat at the nearest table which so happened to be the table those Adventure women we're sitting. "So have you girls ever seen anything stupider then an intelligent dinosaur fisherman with his giant bug friend, that the best characters this bozo can come up with." Chris said trying to get a rise out of me. Why do you hurt me like this Chris?
    Last edited by Godzillarich; 2019-11-23 at 04:07 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1114

"Sure!" Zee replies to Chris cheerfully, raising a finger skyward. "We've got all sorts at Trog's! What kind of drink can I-"

Her raised finger wilts as the abomination wanders over to another table she's waiting on already.

Or... umm... previously. The precise temporal relationship is a bit fuzzy.

No longer needed, the Zee at the counter was never there to begin with and the Zee at the table lurches forward a bit as if someone had slapped her in the back of the head.

"Ugh... continuity snap..." she mutters, rubbing a hard just below her ponytail. Then? She offers Chris a strained smile. "Is there a particular drink you would like, sir?"

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Chris looked at the first post of the thread trying to come up with an answer. "Mind Flayer Mead sounds good, it can't mess up my brains any more than this fool's lack of proper grammar." Chris said as he continued to be a jerk. "You pick your poison when you agreed to this"

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Ogre in the Playground

"I don't understand." This thing clearly makes the women uncomfortable. They shy away from Chris and focus on their coffee (and tea), and on their conversation with Zee. 'That's our problem, anyway. The six of us can't bust in their, and we can't find any trace of her out here, except what led us there."
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Chris did not look amused by the women's and bc56 comment, particularly being thought of as a Thing "Oh I'm sorry racist, what am I not allowed to be an Eldritch abomination? I'm sorry I thought this was the nexus, not 1920s south.
    Last edited by Godzillarich; 2019-11-23 at 11:06 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1118

"Hey Paige?" Zee calls out to one of the NPC waitstaff, a teifling specifically. "You would mind mixing up a mindflayer mead for our guest?"

The guest in question gets an eyebrow raised. "No problem, boss."

That'll take a minute or so to prepare. In the meantime?

Zee decides to offer some possible solutions.

"I'm not sure if this would really count as VIGIL business, since it isn't end of the world stuff. Maybe try getting in touch with MERC? That would cost money, of course, but they could probably investigate for you in nothing else," Zee offers. "Sorry, I don't really know much about fortresses full of robots and dragons. I could probably take a look around for anything new and suspicious? No promises, though."

Then?

She turns her attention to Chris with a frown.

"Sir, if anyone is responding to you negatively it's because of your erratic and frankly rude behavior. Butting into a conversation so you can ask a question with the express purpose of upsetting someone is NOT socially acceptable. You aren't being victimized. You're being a jerk."

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Chris sigh realizing you went on a little bit too thick "Look I am a creature with feelings. I just want bc56 to apologize for calling me a thing. That just wasn't cool." Chris said as he continued to play the victim. "Look Godzillarich I'm trying to be more sincere but I don't like being called a thing, I'm a living breathing abomination with hopes and dreams like any other person."
    Last edited by Godzillarich; 2019-11-23 at 11:48 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Bugbear in the Playground

A woman with a mask, named Harley, is still in the tavern from earlier. She really ought to get back to...whatever, but she's been dragging her feet for a while.

Actually, the commotion makes her look over.

Oh, hey!
    Like, one of the three people she considers a friend is also an eldritch abomination. "Hey, I'll pay for your drink," she calls out to Chris, "because you remind me of someone I know."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    Oh, hey!
    Like, one of the three people she considers a friend is also an eldritch abomination. "Hey, I'll pay for your drink," she calls out to Chris, "because you remind me of someone I know."
    Chris once again used his fourth wall breaking powers to invade someone's privacy and learn about who he was talking to.
    She started to feel lonely.
    He then turned towards Harley suddenly becoming more somber. "Well thanks for paying for the drink, I really appreciate it." Chris mumbled. "So you like having friends right? Well, I would be willing to be a friend if you want.

12. - Top - End - #1122

"Yeah, no problem," Harley says, waving off his thanks. "I've been getting some steady jobs recently, so it's not that big of a deal."

She grabs her fork to eat from her plate because she finds it a little awkward to just sit there and she can't think of a lot to talk about...only to realize that she already finished a while ago and the only reason her plate wasn't picked up was because it was still in front of her.
    Oops.
    Guess she'll have to talk.

Harley shrugs. "Yeah, I'm really good at making friends," she lies, "but yeah I like them. My name's Harley...freelance worker. Haven't seen you around before; are you new?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    Harley shrugs. "Yeah, I'm really good at making friends," she lies, "but yeah I like them. My name's Harley...freelance worker. Haven't seen you around before; are you new?"
    Chris smiled "Yes new around here. the last thing I was doing was being in a tournament where different people from different dimensions battle to the death. Chris took a quick sip of his drink before putting it back on the table. "To make a long story short I got to the final round but then I died and then after that I decide to go to Nexus."
    Last edited by Godzillarich; 2019-11-24 at 01:25 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1124

"Oh, wow," Harley says. "Really? How tough was everyone else? I'm sorry you didn't win, and that you died also. That sounds like it's got to be frustrating."

Harley has had no experience being dead, at least so far.

"Yeah, I got here by walking." Somewhere in Antarctica. Not, like, normal Antarctica, but like post-post-post-apocalyptic several thousand years in the future Antarctica.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Yeah kinda sucked, but on the plus side I rammed a genocidal multi-universe conqueror with the train, and then led to him committing suicide by giving him an existential crisis about his existence so that was fun at least." Chris told Harley. By the way, he is not making that up. That tournament was weird.

16. - Top - End - #1126

Harley laughs. "Really? A train? That's pretty neat." But talking someone down like that is also pretty neat. Probably one of the best strategies in fighting.

Unfortunately, her player's got to go soon, so Harley looks down at her empty plate again. "I should've left some time ago," she says. Harley stands up. "I hope to see you again."

With a wave, she goes off to pay for her own stuff and his drink as well, and then leaves the tavern, heading towards a bus stop.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"I hope your next stop is a pleasant one." he yells out before Harley exits the building. Chris then started to look around " so do you guys make steak around here? Because I happily pay for it?

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Dwarf in the Playground

A woman walked into the bar. She walked in without shoes, but upon seeing the floor a concerned look grew on her face, and with a snap of her fingers, high heels quickly appeared on her feet. She was a sly looking woman in a bright red kimono with fire patterns on it. Nearly as bright as her crop of red hair, two fox-like ears of the same color perched on her head. She was a tall creature walking with grace and her head held high. Her most striking feature was, of course, the nine fox tails that she sported of various colors. The long tails held up nearly as high as her head was as if she was afraid of them touching the ground.
    She took a seat at the bar. "Hello, mortals!" She paused dramatically, her hand held close above her chest. "I wish to partake in the mortal ritual which is known as 'Getting Drunk'. Bring me a local drink that is fit as an offering to the gods, Barkeep Person."
    I prefer a keg of beer!

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Chris looked at this goddess and this smile disappeared. "A fox god? It kinda seems weird for a goddess to be the character he chose?" Chris mumbled under his breath. "Yo what are you doing here? What's your deal

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Dwarf in the Playground

The woman cast a disdainful look to Chris. "Hmm, they let the common folk talk with such impudence to the gods here? It's typical to at least offer to brush my tails first before one can talk to such as I." Her many tails swished in many different directions at once. She clicked her fingers and a large brush floated about her. "Oh well, I suppose you can not expect foreigners to have the same relationship with the divine. "
    She seemed to forget that she was actually supposed to answer Chris's question as she waited for her drink. "How awful, I seem to have forgotten my manners. I'm sorry, I typically have a small troupe of followers with me to announce these things. I am The Divine Iridescent Elegance of Vulpine Vestalry, Alatadriel: Creator of the Blade Dance, Patron God of Duelists, Protectorate of the Forge, Unparalleled Cook, Tea Master, Purifier, and Heavenly Gift to Mankind. " She handed the brush to Chris. "I believe that will answer all of your questions for now."
    I prefer a keg of beer!

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Chris was unimpressed. "I assume you also the god of narcissism." Chris said sarcastically as he continue to drinking his drink. " I'm not mortal by the way. But unlike you I don't go around being a holier-than-thou jerk who look down upon mortals"
    Last edited by Godzillarich; 2019-11-24 at 04:56 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Dwarf in the Playground

If Alatadriel was affected by Chris's words she did not show it, instead staring mid-distance at the barkeeper preparing her drink. "Hmm, you are not mortal?... I guess that is becoming more common nowadays. Oh well, it is all the same. I think you are misusing words here. You see narcissism implies that I am somehow reaching above my station in my boasts. That is simply not true. I am simply stating my achievements. Is this considered rude by your culture, foreigner? Most strange indeed."
    Alatadriel tapped her long sharp nails against the wooden table. "Anyway, I would appreciate that you rescind your insults to me, sir. I will tolerate your tone since you are a foreigner but saying that I look down upon mortals. Why that is a grave insult. There is a saying where I am from, 'A virtuous ruler is like the wind and their subjects, the grass. You lead, and they bend'. I'm sorry if you find these expectations unrealistic, but it is simply expected where I am from for people to repay the gods. The same way it is expected the wind to blow with the grass." Her many tails flitted about impatiently. Usually, someone would at least offer to brush them before she even sat down. A most strange culture indeed.
    Last edited by Demonjazz; 2019-11-24 at 06:31 AM.
    I prefer a keg of beer!

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Ogre in the Playground

Reinholdt finishes up his rum and swivels his ears around after Mosswillow leaves, keeping tabs on conversations as he likes to do. It never hurts to listen. You can learn some very interesting things.

For instance, there's a goddess just over there. Of Vulpine variety no less. Currently conversing with what appears to be her pantheon's version of the devil. Well, all things worth venturing required risk or it wouldn't be any fun.

Rein hops down from the stool and approaches Alatadriel and Chris. The Russian Blue cat seems out of place simply by how small he looks compared to just about everyone. Literally and metaphorically given he is naught but a simple mortal by all accounts. All the same, he dips his head respectfully towards Alatadriel.

"Forgive us the breech in hospitality. If it would please you, may I have the honor of brushing your tails?" Reinholdt asks, showing a remarkable capacity of speech that hints to there being a little more to this cat than a sleek fur coat and a cute button nose.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2019-11-24 at 07:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    Meanwhile!

Kara will return to find Navvy liberating a box of extra hanging hooks from the larger box of Thanksmas baubles. It would appear as though his mission was a success!

Navvy looks quizzically at the large sheet of black velvet as Kara begins unloading it. He does, however, get more excited as she explains her plan.

"Ooh, that sounds really keen!" he enthuses. "You were right; the box had extra hooks in it. Will this be enough?"

The backup bauble hooks are proffered for Kara's inspection.

"So how do you wanna do the draping, sis? You just grab one side and I'll get the other?" Navvy asks.

It's fortunate that wyrmlings are uniquely suited to delivering light objects to the rafters. If either of them were less scaly child varieties this might be more difficult.
    The plan part usually sounds pretty keen, doesn't it? With a bit of luck and care, the actual outcome will be too.

"Ooh, good work! I knew you'd find some."
    Kara's pretty confident Navvy wouldn't let her down on most things, unless it involved surviving a gauntlet of comfortable pillows bathed in sunlight.
    Not to be mean, but she probably wouldn't bet a whole lot on him getting through that without at least one little nap. But it's okay, it's endearingly silly.

Back to the matter at hand, though, she takes one of the little hooks and does some weight checking on it with her peculiar little deco-tubes.
    "Gonna need to bend and twist the ends to keep them from falling off, I think...but that's okay."
    This matter confirmed, the tube and hook are placed back down, in favor of the draping project.

"Well, there's two ways we can do it, I think. We both take a side and put it up separately, or team up on each side to make sure it's all straight and stuff."
    The former is more efficient. The latter might look better, maybe.
    "Um, we should probably figure out how to get it to stay up there first. I don't remember if there's any other nails or something left up there to stick it to. Might need to add some ourselves."

Children playing with nails! The greatest of plans.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

25. - Top - End - #1135

"Is there a particular cut or style of steak you would prefer, sir?" Zee inquires of Chris amiably. Her tone isn't quite as friendly as it normally is. But she's the sort that forgives easily provided someone is willing to show some effort in amending their mistakes. Really, mistakes are to be expected when new cultures clash. Especially when someone's only previous experience was horrific combat to the death with similarly unfriendly things.

And wow.

Trog's is really hoping lately! When's the last time so many new people have wandered into the Nexus like this?

A few years at least!

Not that Zee is at all bothered by this. New people are great!

The completely normal, unremarkable human female barmaid has been considering the goddess' request. It's been a while since one of those came in here, frankly. It hasn't been a regular occurrence since the old Town days. She should try to make a good impression, right? Not that she always tries to make a good impression, at least. Hmm... what to serve a fox goddess of... well. A whole bunch of things, really.

"Here you are, miss," Zee calls out cheerfully, setting a trio of drinks down on the counter. A martini fixed in the style preferred by the other fox god that has frequented the Tavern, a Cormyrian Fireamber just because Zee thinks it's a fairly nice wine all things considered, and a simple cup of high quality sake. "Let me know which you like best."

MEANWHILE!

Navvy could make it through a trying test of comfy cushions!

Probably.

Assuming he's doing something suitably important. Like something heroic and valiant! Heroism ranks higher than naps as far as he's concerned.

Thankfully the thin hanging wires are designed to be bent and reshaped. Wires are often that way.

"Hmm..." the bronze wyrmling hums as he peers up at the rafters. "There should still be some nails up there, I think. Remember how mom hung all those spider and bat decorations? They were on nails up in the rafters. And they're probably still up there, too. I'll go check!"

And then with a little flapping and huffing he makes a wing-assisted leap roofward, catching a rafter with his front claws.

Just barely.

His little hind legs pinwheel fruitlessly at the air for a few moments as he hauls himself up onto the wooden beam. Once perched, he gives a triumphant grin down at his sister. "Yep! There are still nails up here! Hanging the cloth from them should be pretty easy."

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Oh awesome, that makes this quite a bit easier. Karaglen wasn't sure if Mom was one of those types who likes to remove all the nails afterwards or not.

"Yay! Okay, we should take both sides separately then. If we don't have to mash in nails too, then this should be pretty easy to just...poke down one side of our corners, then line of the other two after?"
    She's pretty sure she didn't explain that very well, but they'll figure it out.
    Fly up, stick down their respective corners (from the same side of the blanket! just across the rafter void), then work their way down to the other corners.

"Um, hold on, I'll bring it up to you."
    Maybe not have to test his ledge-grabbing prowess for a few more minutes? She wasn't concerned.

Karaglen takes a few seconds to carefully fold the cloth up into a neat little square, easily clutched in two small sets of claws, before launching herself upwards towards her brother.
    Old flight-races with Mychasi have left her a bit more nimble than Navvy, apparently, as she doesn't seem to struggle all that much with perching herself up there. Or maybe she just hangs out up here more often?

The fun part here is watching her try to unfold the blanket without dropping it on someone below...
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

27. - Top - End - #1137

NinjaGuy

Feelings with Fayyaad

About an hour or so after Fayyaad arrives back at Trog's, there's a knock at his door. Electra stands on the other side, blushing a bit, a nervous expression on her face.

"Got a few? I'm...I could maybe use a little perspective," she says, once he opens the door.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Chris simply ignored the fox realizing that he was making a scene. " as for the steak I don't know surprise me, I am a monster that likes to experiment." He then again broke the fourth wall again to read the inner thoughts of the characters."Also I am not the devil Rein, I am not that big of a loser, I beat that guy in a banjo competition 100 years ago and he still hasn't paid me back." Chris told Rein the cat.

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Back in the Saddle

The catgirl blinks, realizing the perhaps somewhat poor choice of phrasing. "E-er, no it certainly isn't! I don't think theres any bad blood or anything, I just meant that I'm not gonna judge you or spill information to Magtok or anything," She tries to clarify, moving to wrap a comforting arm around the angel.

Which is hard, since those wings are big and difficult to maneuver around.

"If - if you want, we can find a room, or go back to my clinic, or... well, anywhere else that would be better for you."
    [Back in the Saddle]

Ithuriel flinches momentarily at the touch, more than a little surprised at Caelynn's...forwardness.

"I don't-" She pauses. She'd kind of hoped that would convince her to back off a bit. "Sure. We can go somewhere."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Rein hops down from the stool and approaches Alatadriel and Chris. The Russian Blue cat seems out of place simply by how small he looks compared to just about everyone. Literally and metaphorically given he is naught but a simple mortal by all accounts. All the same, he dips his head respectfully towards Alatadriel.

"Forgive us the breech in hospitality. If it would please you, may I have the honor of brushing your tails?" Reinholdt asks, showing a remarkable capacity of speech that hints to there being a little more to this cat than a sleek fur coat and a cute button nose.
    "Oh, my word." Alatadriel seemed taken aback by the cute little kitten. "What a brave little creature." She said reaching down to pet the cat quite roughly. "And an adorable one too." She pinched the cheeks of the cat before patting it on the head and producing a smaller cat-sized brush that would be easier to hold in their paws. For once Alatadriel let her tails fall down low almost touching the ground. "Of course you may have the honor to brush my divine tails." She still sat with her back straight and her head high though.

Alatadriel turned her attention to the number of drinks in front of her. "You see, it's quite funny. This whole alcohol thing has been around for quite a while. But It occurred to me the other day that while I've drunk quite a bit of it over the years. I never actually got drunk." She said drinking the entirety of the martini in front of her in one go. "So I started to wonder if it was actually possible for me to get drunk." She drank the cup of sake in front of her in one go as well. Before turning her attention to the wine in front of her and sipping it. She swished it in her mouth carefully before swallowing. "Hmm... Yes, All are equally satisfactory. I'll have another of all of these. And a water, I heard about these things mortals call 'hangovers'. And the drinking of water is supposed to help."
    I prefer a keg of beer!