New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1471
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CLIII

"What are you..." And now it's gone. Phew. The pink squad's attention goes back to Zee. "Thanks for the advice. We may need to try that." They'd been intending to post a bounty anyway. "Any information you could find would be very helpful."
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zee quirks her head to the side a bit at the goddess' comments. She has drank plenty, but never gotten drunk?

WELL!

That can be fixed easily enough.

"Of course it's been around a long time! Making weak alcohol by accident isn't hard. Just have to let grain get damp or try eating rotten fruit. But people liked getting drunk, so then they try doing it intentionally! Pretty soon lots of food crops are getting grown to make into beer or wine. Then you need to properly stockpile and protect it. And before long POOF! Civilization springs up for the sake of booze," the barmaid replies. "No one really drinks for the taste, not really. There's plenty of stuff that tastes better. They drink because they enjoy the buzz! That's the problem with some divine folks, they kind of miss the whole point. Not all of them, though."

She'll replace the three beverages and provide some water.

Also?

The seemingly normal barmaid will scrutinize Alatadriel. Spiritually, certainly. But mainly biologically, assuming the fox goddess has any biology to scrutinize. And with that information she'll begin working out how to make this particular fox goddess buzzed.

MEANWHILE!

Navvy, for the record, isn't super great at flying. He can do it, sure, but he prefers more of... wing assisted jumping. He's not nearly as agile in the air as Karaglen is. What he's REALLY good at is swimming, which he absolutely adores doing. But at the moment his swimming prowess isn't very helpful.

What IS helpful?

Grabbing one side of the black velvet cloth, making a small incision in it with one of his claws, and then slipping it over a nail in the rafter.

"Okay, I think I've got this part, sis,"
    he says. "Once we've got this side then we just have to nail down the other side, right?"

This he asks as the cloth unfurls a little too quickly, descending like the curtain of the night sky across the tavern. Thankfully the nail (and some frantic grappling and tail-curling around the rafter) prevents it from flopping onto the table full of gnomes below.

One of them DOES get his hat jostled, though, earning Navvy a stern look.

The wyrmling responds with a sheepish grin.

ALSO MEANWHILE!

Zee replies with a warm smile. "Hey, no problem. I'm glad to help. Just let me know if you gals need anything else, alright?"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzillarich View Post
    Chris simply ignored the fox realizing that he was making a scene. " as for the steak I don't know surprise me, I am a monster that likes to experiment." He then again broke the fourth wall again to read the inner thoughts of the characters."Also I am not the devil Rein, I am not that big of a loser, I beat that guy in a banjo competition 100 years ago and he still hasn't paid me back." Chris told Rein the cat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjazz View Post
    "Oh, my word." Alatadriel seemed taken aback by the cute little kitten. "What a brave little creature." She said reaching down to pet the cat quite roughly. "And an adorable one too." She pinched the cheeks of the cat before patting it on the head and producing a smaller cat-sized brush that would be easier to hold in their paws. For once Alatadriel let her tails fall down low almost touching the ground. "Of course you may have the honor to brush my divine tails." She still sat with her back straight and her head high though.

Alatadriel turned her attention to the number of drinks in front of her. "You see, it's quite funny. This whole alcohol thing has been around for quite a while. But It occurred to me the other day that while I've drunk quite a bit of it over the years. I never actually got drunk." She said drinking the entirety of the martini in front of her in one go. "So I started to wonder if it was actually possible for me to get drunk." She drank the cup of sake in front of her in one go as well. Before turning her attention to the wine in front of her and sipping it. She swished it in her mouth carefully before swallowing. "Hmm... Yes, All are equally satisfactory. I'll have another of all of these. And a water, I heard about these things mortals call 'hangovers'. And the drinking of water is supposed to help."

Reinholdt tilts his head at Chris. Or at least he tries to, but Alatadriel is pretty heavy on the petting and pats and pinching and Rein's not purring, you're purring, shut up. Ok, maybe he's purring a little. Still, he clears his throat to address the abomination. "I've met the Devil sir. I know you're not him. But you could prove your point more effectively by staying out of my head. Actions over words." Chris can claim anything he wants, but until he acts accordingly, why believe him?

The cat takes up the smaller brush the deity offers him. "Thank you very much." Rein moves around and begins to brush the fox goddess' tails. He takes his time, going through each thoroughly and with a skilled paw of someone who actually has experience brushing fox tails. "Water does indeed help with the hangovers," He assures Alatadriel in regards to her facts.

Given the rather low to the ground position Reinholdt has, he has to do a little extra to reach higher up along the tails. So the cat will float up off the ground. A nifty and useful trick to reach those high places consistently. Using such an ability comes with the side effect of his fur turning entirely pink, however. So he's a small, flying pink cat now, gracefully tending to Alatadriel's tails. "After you finish your alcoholic experiment today, will you be staying in the Nexus for a while your Divine Iridescent Elegance?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Chris simply sighed. "Sorry for the intrusion little one but I'm a bit tired of people see me as a monster when they look upon me." Chris told Rein as he patted the little one on its head. "It's best not to judge a book by its cover, and that goes both ways."
    Last edited by Godzillarich; 2019-11-24 at 07:57 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Troll in the Playground

"Thank you. We will." The women settle into talking and planning amongst themselves over their coffees. If they end up needing anything, they'll ask, but it's unlikely.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

"Sorry, sir!"
    Karaglen is quick to apologize on Navvy's behalf. Wouldn't do to be rude, would it?

Past that, there is some straightforward agreement with affixing the other side of the cloth, which should pose no particular issue for the little dragons.
    Really, the only bit of effort required in all of this is making sure it's all as straight and unwrinkled as they can make it.

It's just hanging a cloth, not performing surgery.

Once appropriately affixed, Kara will give it a few experiment presses to make sure it's relatively taut before nodding.
    "Great! Now, if you want to go ahead and pick a few spots out for tiny little cuts, to stick the lights through...I'll go fetch those lights."
    Having her fetch all the bits and bobs as needed really makes more sense, with their flight disparity.

But wait! Lights require power!
    "Um. Hrm."
    Which is something Kara realizes once she is back up top with all the lights in-claw, on a rafter.
    "Are these the kind that magic lights up, or electricity?"
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

7. - Top - End - #1147

The gnome grumbles something back in gnome which results in-

"HEY! Don't talk to the kid like that, buddy!"

A stern rebuke.

From... Cosmo? Who shakes his glass-cleaning rag at the other gnome threateningly.

What is this insanity?

Navvy, meanwhile, gives a little nod and begins to carefully poke holes in the cloth. Thankfully he's pretty light and they found enough nails to REALLY make sure the cloth isn't going anywhere. That means he can walk out onto it to do the required poking! He's mostly slinking around on his belly, mostly because of that ice he tried walking on LAST Thanksmas. He found out the hard way why spreading out your weight is important.

Brrr....

Really don't want to do that again.

By the time Kara returns, he's happily humming a cheery Thanksmas melody.

"Huh? Oh, yeah. They have those little plug things, don't they?" he says, pointing at the plug in question. "They go into a wall socket. Is there one up here?"

There is.

But it's over there.

In the dark, mysterious corner of the rafters.

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Throughout the tavern, a faint sound of music started to be heard. "Wait what? Godzilla but what are you doing?

suddenly the door slammed open and what looked to be weird muscle he tapped people carrying guitars and drums ran into the bar. "All hail the King of Kings! Baby" one of the band members yelled out been.

"Um Godzillarich what drugs are you on right now?" as Chris said that a red carpet was rolled out from the door. Fog enveloped the door and spread throughout the tavern.

The singer picked up his mike "Behold the glory that is the supreme leader of Genesis, and the most popular mortal made God in existence Tar Nero, ruler of the mortal plane and the heavens."
    Spoiler
    Show

as the music blared out a humanoid sabertooth cat with light brown fur and two saber teeth protruding out of this mouth started to walk in. He was nicely armored in gold as he wore a mystical helmet, carries a mystical spear and had a long flowing red cape. He stood there for a good four minutes before the music stopped playing. "Greetings lower lives, I've heard this is a good place for a drink." Tar then snapped his fingers. "Thank you Totally Furable. You are dismissed." as he commanded the band ran out of the tavern with their equipment.

"Really? You brought that jerk here... Chris asked me. I thought he would mix things up a lot.
    Last edited by Godzillarich; 2019-11-25 at 01:37 AM.

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Dwarf in the Playground

Alatadriel was... Well, honestly a bit of a mess biologically speaking, and spiritually for that matter. Bits of fox, human, and the celestial mixed together in a way that shouldn't for most biological standpoints work, her vocal cords, for instance, being some strange mix between the two species that should most likely just should be able to make no noise instead of the sounds of a fox and a human. Interestingly unlike some other gods, this didn't appear to be an avatar of some sort. One would suspect that while her true form was much larger and more lethal than it was here, but indeed Alatadriel's body really was here and not somewhere else or not existing as was often the case.
    Upon seeing the gross insides of her body though, it was obvious what the problem was. It appeared that her body was purifying the alcohol as it went through her body, not completely, but enough that it would take considerably more alcohol than would normally take someone to get drunk.
    This was all happening as Alatadriel listened to Zee talk about booze. She seemed unimpressed by her spiel. "Well if you say so. It's always a little... Hard to remember the start of civilization, honestly. I don't remember a lot about alcohol. I mostly remember copper, and bronzes and the fire, and the moving of stone. Man, did they ever like moving all that stone. They sure did spend a lot of time moving all of that stone, I mean I didn't even ask for it to be moved, and here they were moving these giant blocks to sacrifice animals to me. It was honestly quite flattering. Especially since I was really in the need of a pick me up at the time."

"Mmm, That is quite nice." She said to the cat tending her tails. It wasn't quite a purr that came out of Alatadriel especially since Foxes technically didn't purr especially with her vocalizations being mixed with that of a human, but she made some quite... pleased vocalizations to the pink flying cat. She knocked back another martini and took sips of water and wine in between sentences. She summoned a mirror and swung it around so she could watch the cat work on her tails. "Oooh, you are such a cute little thing!" She practically cooed as one of her tails scratched under Reinholdt's chin. "Really, pink flying cats. I'm not quite sure why I hadn't thought of it before. I might have to make something like you when I get back to my people. Though perhaps much bigger, I've been needing more guards to the steel stores."
    She looked a bit sad when the cat had mentioned the Nexus "Hmm... I'm sorry, but I don't think I will. I have quite a bit to get back to. Forges need to be protected, The Blade Dancers will be hosting a festival, artifacts and demigods need making..." She paused. "I probably need to stop Chern from digging through my garbage."

Just as Alatadriel was about to sit back, and enjoy some nice alcohol, and tail brushing; like many a kitsune on the weekend. She suddenly sat back upright as a wailing manic declared someone The King of Kings. She fell back into her seat as she saw who came in. "Ugh, another mortal with delusions of grandeur." She sighed clicking her fingers and spawning a small wooden tub. "Please, I'm trying to enjoy my evening. I don't have a lot of days off what with being a god, and all. So if you really are the best at everything, you'd be the best at running me a relaxing foot bath. It'd be quite enjoyable. Also, your music sucked."
    Last edited by Demonjazz; 2019-11-25 at 03:03 AM.
    I prefer a keg of beer!

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Ogre in the Playground

Reinholdt considered this for a moment, thinking about it rather deeply. There were plenty of ways to take Chris' statements after all. In the end, he goes with simplicity. "Books are outdated." And maybe a hint of wordplay.

He can't really turn down all the pats and scritches though. It leaves his speech breathy through mild purrs as he continues his gentle grooming of Alatadriel. "Oh that is a shame really. There are others of your kind at the organization known as HALO I thought would like to meet you. Nowhere near matching your power, beauty, or grace of course, but divinities nonetheless. If you should ever find such free time again, I hope you would consider a visit."

Rein's ears soon fold back at the loud music. He has no opinion on the taste or quality of the melody itself, he just dislikes loud in general. Being a cat and all. He maintains surprising focus on his task however, considering it slightly more important to not displease the current goddess he's attending than to switch gears and thought to a newly arrived deity. Or King with divine right? He didn't know for sure.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

11. - Top - End - #1151

Zee nods along with the discussion of rock-moving and the dim beginnings of history as she works her magic on a jug of sake. Given how the goddess' biology works, she's pretty sure a few of the right additives will inhibit the accelerated metabolism of alcohol and allow it to do its thing. This isn't the first time she's had a patron come in boasting about how it's impossible for them to get drunk. And this might not be the last time that such a boaster will get laid out on the floor because they didn't trust Zee when she warned them-

"Okay, a special batch just for you, miss. Take it slowly, please. It won't be like anything else you've drank before."

The barmaid will pour the first portion into the little sake drinking cup.

This stuff?

Better than the previous batch of sake.

And specifically brewed to make a goddess tipsy.

Then?

Lots of noise.

And more cats?

Zee raises an eyebrow at the display.

"Howdy! Welcome to Trog's Tavern! What can I get for you today?"

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"HOW DARE YOU ALL!" Tar yelled out in furious anger. " I grace you with my amazing premise and you treat me as a commoner. You should all be bowing to me and handing me expensive gifts not simple greetings, blank expressions, or telling me to give you a footbath while saying my theme song was awful! I demand my respect!"

Chris turned his head towards Alatadriel. "I just like to apologize, I didn't know true arrogance until I was stuck in a room with this sabertooth weirdo."
    Last edited by Godzillarich; 2019-11-25 at 05:27 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Karaglen was just going to pretend she didn't hear any grumbling (the gnome wasn't entirely unjustified in being a little bit grumpy), but apparently it was pretty bad?
    Enough to annoy Cosmo enough to defend someone other than himself?
    Not that she really registers that last detail. She's always known that Cosmo was secretly a great guy; he just only lets it slip out sometimes.
    She's not going to call him out on this from across the tavern though. Just smile appreciatively.

It's a good, buoying feel for what comes next.
    Traversing the Enshrouded Rafters.

She settles down next vaguely near Navvy, to wrap the light around her tail a bit for a more claws-free grip. You know. Just in case.
    It it with a grim (as grim as you can get, when you're Kara) tone that she must inquire to Navvy further.
    "Navvy...have you seen any stuffed animals lately?"
    Absentee Spirit

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Dwarf in the Playground

Alatadriel immediately downed two cups of the special jug of sake in front of her. Judging from the amount that she'd already drunk in front of her, this was most likely considered her form of taking it slow. She more carefully swished the second cup though as she more carefully contemplated the flavor. "Remarkably good. I think I detect a floral flavoring in there? Rose? Maybe Hibiscus? It could be a bit sweeter, but yunno us foxes. We do love our sweets."

Alatadriel patted the small pink flying cat on the head as she got up. "Oh geez, it's hard enough dealing with the other gods in my world. I'm not sure that I'd want to deal with so many more deities. Though of course, I'd doubt that we'd be having as many squabbles over borders or demigods. I suppose it could be relaxing. I'll keep it in mind, little one. But for now, I have something to do deal with."

Alatadriel sauntered over to Tar Nero. Subtly her form seemed to shift to being nearly a head taller compared to the saber tooth tiger. The graceful diety's nails extended to subtly form into sharper claws. "Sir, People are trying to enjoy themselves here, and here you come in with blaring music to disrupt my quiet afternoon, and you have the audacity to demand the respect of The Heavenly Gift to Mankind?! Well, I have a demand of you, and that is an apology, and for you to quiet down. Or else I might be forced to commit an act of violence!" Her tails moved furiously together in annoyance. A small flame starting to burn in her clawed hands.
    I prefer a keg of beer!

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Ogre in the Playground

"Of course," Reinholdt says, landing and returning to his normal gray-blue coloration. He was not going to get between a tiger and a fox on the verge of blows. So he steps backwards several paces until he was under a barstool, watching from afar.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

16. - Top - End - #1156

Zee scrunches her lips off to the side a bit when the first cup of sake vanishes instantly.

At least the second one is savored a bit? That's something. There's a reason why Zee tells people who can't normally get get buzzed to take it easy. It's because when this stuff kicks in (which also takes a little while) they tend to get hit HARD. They aren't used to it. And that can result in some trouble. But hey! At least she didn't knock back cup number three!

Which...

Uh.

Wasn't for a great reasons.

But it was for a reason at least.

The yelling cat dude. Now there's a cat and a fox snarling at each other in her bar.

And another cat hiding under one of the stools.

Zee gives a little cough to catch attention. "I'll have to request that you both refrain from fighting in the tavern," she says very seriously, apparently undaunted by the august nature of both beings.

Meanwhile!

Navvy shifts uncomfortably up there in the rafters, oblivious to the conflict brewing below.

He and his sister have some really important things to do over here in the non-smoking section of the tavern!

"Umm... I thought I saw a lumpy looking white rabbit with sunglasses?" Navvy replies uncertainly. "It was right after I got up here. Just out of the corner of my eye. But then when I looked over there-"

He gestures at the spooky corner.

"-it was gone."

The wyrmling shivers.

"Jeepers... it isn't one of those bad stuffed animals mom warned me about, is it?"
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2019-11-26 at 02:38 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Of course, that thing would have been sighted.
    "The Shepherd."
    Somewhere, a dramatic and intimidating wind blows. Not in here, of course, all the drafty holes have been fixed since the last big bar brawl.
    But somewhere.

Karaglen peers into the corner than her brother has indicated for a long while. Periodically her gaze sweeps to surrounding regions of gloom and at one point she swerves a paranoid look directly behind them.
    No stuffed rabbit.
    "I don't think they've actually hurt anyone in a long time, but they still lurk around up here. All creepy and...creepy."
    If it weren't for some choice moments earlier in her life, she wouldn't be bothered at all by some weird stuffed animals posing semi-intimidatingly in the rafters.
    But they did technically try to kill her and people she liked once or twice. So the caution feels warranted.
    "Pretty sure mom would do some scarier stuff to them if they tried anything, but we should probably go fast just to be safe?"

An extra moment or three is taken to secure the light string to her tail, in a way that can be quickly undone for fleeing, but by the time she looks up...
    There is already a childishly proportioned, fat corgi plush flopped over on one of the support beams halfway to the outlet, but a few feet off to one side.

Not doing anything.
    Just lying there. Facing somewhere else entirely.
    Menacingly.
    Absentee Spirit

18. - Top - End - #1158

Navvy doesn't have any first hand experience with the pulshies. He's only heard the tales. And the tales aren't very nice. He had his eyes on Kara and his little claws helping to secure the lights, so he only looks up when he hears a gasp from his sister.

Not the rabbit.

But something else.

Some sort of dog?

The bronze wyrmling slinks around in front of his sibling pretty deftly, flaring his wings and puffing himself up to look as big and intimidating as possible just in case it tries something.

It just sits there, of course.

Several tense moments pass. Still nothing.

Eventually he releases the breath he didn't realize he was holding, his eyes wandering across the rafters. He doesn't want to touch it, but maybe... there!

A Spooktober decoration mom hadn't taken down yet! Hanging from a nail on the rafters is a great big rubber spider with googly white eyes and a silly fanged smile. Navvy liberates the goofy thing, hauls back, and hurls it at the corgi plush! It sails end over end through the air, its floppy legs wobbling as it tumbles. Hopefully his aim is true and the plush is knocked off the rafter.

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Tar was not exactly impressed. "HA HA HA! All that's adorable you think you above me." Tar laughed as he pointed his spear at the Fox. "But you are talking to a real God, not some human cosplayer."

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    Zee gives a little cough to catch attention. "I'll have to request that you both refrain from fighting in the tavern," she says very seriously, apparently undaunted by the august nature of both beings.
    "HA HA HA, Okay fine this weeaboo gave me a good laugh I guess I could let the insults slide," Tar said as he walked passed Alatadriel. He set down at a table by himself. "Give me a meal befitting of a God."

As this was going on Chris was drinking profusely. " I hate you so much." Chris mumbled under his breath. You mean Tar or me... "Yes!" Chris said before taking his 26th cup.
    Last edited by Godzillarich; 2019-11-26 at 06:30 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Ah, look at Navvy being the gallant brother.
    Bravely defending his sister from the enormously intimidating stuffed animal lying limply on a rafter.
    So courageous is his hastily gathered and tossed arachnid deco, as it sails across the intervening space, bounces off the corgi's supple cloth body, and sends them both tumbling to the tavern floor below.

As it lands some distance away from any particular table, it gives a squeak, as some internal component is impacted.
    The spider, presumably, does not squeak.

"Quick, before another one takes its place!"
    Karaglen begins her series of leaping half-flights across the rafters towards the outlet the moment the corgi falls, eager to get this particular task done before--nope, that was just a wavering shadow--another one takes its place.

Not that this is exceptionally long a distance to travel. The outlet is right there.

Hopefully it actually has power going to it.
    Absentee Spirit

21. - Top - End - #1161

((I'm going to let Demonjazz post before I respond to the 'meal fit for a god' request.))

The spider does not squeak, no. Though now it lays on the floor, discarded, its holy mission a success.

That's all a cartoony rubber spider could ever hope for, isn't it?

Up in the rafters, Navvy darts along with his sister! And no, the shrouded corner really isn't that far away. Trog's isn't THAT big.

Except when it is.

And there's the socket, their goal in sight! However something new blocks their path.

Another plushie. A little brass wyrmling that looks distressingly familiar is sitting right in front of the electrical socket.

Motionless, it stares at Karaglen with black, shiny, lifeless eyes.

Navvy is already searching for something to throw at it.

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Dwarf in the Playground

Alatadriel peered at Tar Nero, flames nearly flickering off of her hair. However she was in a strange and foreign place, and the ruler here requested that she did not fight. It only made sense to save face here even if she believed that she could destroy this insignificant creature underneath her heel in seconds. She sat down to Tar Nero having never taken her eyes off of him. Placing her jug of sake between them. "Do you truly think that you can walk away from me that easy? You insulted my honor and..." She turned to Reinholdt "Explain the terms weeaboo and cosplayer to me later so I know how offended I should be."
    She turned her attention back to Tar "If we cannot fight than I say that it is only fair to have a contest to determine if you are truly anything approaching the flawlessness of one such as I."
    I prefer a keg of beer!

23. - Top - End - #1163

"A meal fit for a god?" Zee echos the words. "That's... pretty vague. Umm..."

She pulls out several books from under the tavern counter and plops them down with a thump. The barmaid begins flipping through the pages, referencing various passages. After a few minutes she stands up straight, rubbing the back of her neck with one hand. "Well... I'm not really seeing any patterns here, but I guess I can try a few different things? None of these recipes sound very hard."

And then?

She'll start cooking!

Two different at once!

Pretty soon ingredients are sizzling and pleasant aromas are filling the tavern! It'll take her a while to finish, though.

She isn't just going to magic up a bunch of food. That wouldn't be nearly the same as making it properly. Making it properly is a bit more of a show! Tastes better, too.

(Not actually. She can fine tune the organic molecules in the food pretty easily to make sure smell, taste, and texture are all right. But sssshhhh!)

Hopefully the battling deities don't decide to blow up the tavern before she's done.

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Tar turn towards the prickly Fox, "HA so you want to play a game? I'll be down for that, just to rub the failure in your face." he then pointed his spear at the Fox. "Now how shall I humiliate you?'

"I've got an idea, limbo!" Chris yelled out. Oh God Chris don't do this to me... Chris then pulled out a Limbo poll from I assume the actual realm of limbo. "The rules are simple, the pole starts a certain height and you have to bend your knees to get under the pole, after both you go I lower the pole slightly and repeat the process until someone touches the pole or fall down. PS your not allow the shapeshift or size change. " Chris smiled as he lined up the pole. " now besides the two God does anyone else want to play?" Chris yelled. Chris, I facking hate you some times.

Tar smiled. " if the Fox lady is up for this primitive game, and so am I," Tar yelled out.
    Last edited by Godzillarich; 2019-11-27 at 03:31 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Dwarf in the Playground

Alatadriel looked mildly concerned, but confident none the less. "Well, foxes are renowned for their flexibility. So I see no reason why I would not participate in your silly game." She quickly drank another cup of sake as she readied herself, downing the contents of most of her water. Alatadriel started doing a series of stretches both to warm up and show off her own flexibility. She could after all touch her toes.
    She carefully slipped out of her heels, and into a more comfortable slipper as she started her series of stretches. Holding her leg up with her arm which was overstretched her head in a classic ballerina pose, Alatadriel looked to Tar Nero, "How about we raise the stakes a little. If I win then you will have the honor of massaging my feet as you run my footbath. Would you like to name your stakes?"
    I prefer a keg of beer!

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Tar thought long and hard about what he could demand from pathetic Fox being in front of him. "If I when you give my feet a footbath! Tar yelled a response. As he did history just as well.

"Okay so whoever loses is giving a footbath..." Chris said with a devilish smile as he set up the pole. "Let us begin."
    Last edited by Godzillarich; 2019-11-27 at 04:26 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Ogre in the Playground

"Sure," Reinholdt tells Alatadriel. Though he's only vaguely familiar with one of the terms second hand. Maybe he'll ask Zee about the other while they're distracted playing Limbo. He could participate, but it be a very unfair match and he doesn't want to show either of them up. Besides, he already gave his feet a bath earlier when he groomed them.

In the meanwhile he hops back on the stool and orders another glass of rum.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #1168

Oh hey a game of limbo!

That's significantly less destructive than other potential challenges that could have been proposed.

All in all, Zee is pretty okay with a pair of godlings having a limbo competition, enough so that she motions at Cosmo to get a nice limbo track running on the tavern's jukebox.

It's pretty catchy!

Meanwhile, the 'meal fit for a god' seems to be coming along pretty well. It looks like Zee is broiling some fish in honey sauce while at the same time cooking a pot of strong-smelling pork curry. And... there's something else over there too. Looks like a large sack full of... something? Smells meaty. Raw meaty.

Then Rein hops up on the bar stool!

"Hey kitty," she greets with her trademark cheerful smile. Somehow she manages to procure a cat-sized cup of rum while working on both of the divine meals simultaneously. "How many Reinholdts are there now? I've been away for a pretty long time and keeping track of everything is tough. I'll admit you weren't super high on my list of people to keep track of during my limited Game-viewing sessions."

She makes a vague gesture at his head. "You aren't the one that ended up worshiping Bast, are you? Since I'm noticing a distinctive lack of hat."

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Oh.
    That's mean even by their standards.

Karaglen perhaps hasn't been taking this as absolutely seriously as Zee (and maybe Navvy) would prefer she did. Mostly because she has relatively confidence that they're not in actual danger from the nasty little toys, even if they're spooky as all heck and technically dangerous. She's older now, there's plenty of people directly below.
    This has been an almost exciting sort of scary, rather than a fear-for-her-life sort of scary.

But this isn't really scary, or even as outright threatening.
    It's just cruel.

And it shows, too, on her face. Her forward bounding falters into an awkward near-falling from the rafters as a stricken expression crinkles around her eyes.
    Memories, that she hasn't really thought about in a long time, for various reasons, good and bad.

She's always tried to be fairly in touch with her feelings and open to them, as it has always served her well in spiritual and public-serving capacities. But this does come with downsides.
    Specifically, a susceptibility to heartache, as memories of her time-lost closest friend are mockingly brought to the fore by a terrible little monster.
    Zipping through the air in town, borrowing hats from passerby. Curling up in front of the tavern-fire, nibbling brownies. Walking in talking by the temple pond. Venting her fears and pains about the world she strives so hard to better.

Some would grow angry at this, lash out and punish the offender. Not Kara.
    She doesn't have that hate inside of her anymore. It's sadness here.

This isn't fun anymore.
    Absentee Spirit

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Dwarf in the Playground

Alatadriel easily went under the first bar. "You know Tar Nero, it's been said that flexibility is an indicator of character, the key to a strong constitution, and vital to battle." She said smugly. "I'm sure you've heard the saying, teach someone to dance before you teach them to wield a blade?"
    I prefer a keg of beer!