New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CLIII

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicHobbit View Post
    Lynx's brow furrows and he tilts his head to the side a little, mouth slightly open. "He did? Weird. I could've sworn I told him my name." He grins a little as he moves his head back to normal and un-knits his eyebrows. "When I found him, I asked what his name was. He replied that it didn't matter, so I just started calling him Bob. He never seemed to mind."
    "Huh, that's odd. So what do you do? I presume you don't walk around with a magic cane for show?"
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

The enormous humanoid chuckles darkly, sipping once more at his drink before setting it down as delicately as possible. "First year is the hardest. It's admirable, though. What yer trying. Good first step." He purses his scarred lips together before leaning forward, causing the chair to creak noisily beneath him, an aggravating sound which results in a grimace to form across the faces of each of the apparently sentient severed heads at his belt.

He stares deep into his drink for a few seconds, blazing eyes narrowed as he does so.

--

When he's finished, he leans back, crossing his bulky arms over his enormous chest.

"I remember when I was just starting."

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Adir laughs. "Exactly!" He looks at C4 a bit more seriously again. "You know, like I said, if there's anything I can do to help you out with how busy you are... Well, I guess I mean to say I have a little basic demolitions training. Bombs and grenades and things. Might be useful for pyrotechnics."
    "The thing is do you know what to mix in a firework rocket to make it blue?" he says "Or did you ever made grenades yourself? It's not like I couldn#t use a hand there even if it's only shifting boxes around, but that wouldn't solve the main problem."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Calm Reed is... well, calm, but underneath the facade she is not happy to be ignored entirely. Even less so by the hideous man's clear implications.

"Let me guess. You are also a flesh-eater, but one who's survived far longer. And now you're here to give... advice to a fellow afflicted person? Or tell her about her grim future?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    "Huh, that's odd. So what do you do? I presume you don't walk around with a magic cane for show?"
    "Well, Bob has some quest where he wants me to kill all demons, undead, and fey I see. Something about wanting to extinguish unnatural organisms. In return for me doing that, he lets me do whatever I want with his powers as long as it doesn't contradict with his quest." He gulps down some of his drink. "It's a pretty sweet deal."
    After 2 years of silence, I reappear!

Place your bets now, how long until I disappear again

6. - Top - End - #156
    Troll in the Playground

"Well, Bob has some quest where he wants me to kill all demons, undead, and fey I see. Something about wanting to extinguish unnatural organisms. In return for me doing that, he lets me do whatever I want with his powers as long as it doesn't contradict with his quest." He gulps down some of his drink. "It's a pretty sweet deal."
    "I'd be careful if I were you, there's a lot of fey and undead here, and they might not take kindly to that." Erasmus' tone sounds like he wouldn't really care if Lynx were to kill a bunch of fey and undead, but that he's worried Lynx will be killed trying to do so.

My Nexus characters

7. - Top - End - #157
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    "The thing is do you know what to mix in a firework rocket to make it blue?" he says "Or did you ever made grenades yourself? It's not like I couldn#t use a hand there even if it's only shifting boxes around, but that wouldn't solve the main problem."
    "Nah, but you could show me. And I've made a few grenades, yeah," says Adir. "I can make up plastique and put together my own detonators, too."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

8. - Top - End - #158
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

"I'd be careful if I were you, there's a lot of fey and undead here, and they might not take kindly to that." Erasmus' tone sounds like he wouldn't really care if Lynx were to kill a bunch of fey and undead, but that he's worried Lynx will be killed trying to do so.
    Lynx, in the middle of drinking, spits his drink back into it's cup, saying, "****, really? That must be wh-" Nox takes over and says, "Point me in their direction and I shall slay them." Lynx comes back and yells at his cane. "WHY DO YOU ALWAYS CUT ME OFF?!" He takes a deep breath and slowly says, "That must be why he keeps mentally poking me. Can you tell how powerful they are from a distance?"

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sniccups View Post
    J grabs him and pushes him down - evidently he didn't think about how hard it would be to overpower someone made of stone. However, Poirot manages to maintain his grip on the bag, turning the fight into something like a tug-of-war. J realizes that if it gets stretched too much, something inside (possibly something dangerous) might break.
    Even as she thinks that, Poirot crunches a corner of the bag to the sound of a breaking vial. Something clear, oily and smelling vaguely of licorice leaks out and gets all over his hand.

"Eugh! What is..."

He releases his grip on the bag as he examines his stained, twitching hand. It's already stiffened into a pale claw. The man's beady eyes light up in panic. "Mon dieu, it's gone numb! I think it's spreading! What did you do?!"

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

Lynx, in the middle of drinking, spits his drink back into it's cup, saying, "****, really? That must be wh-" Nox takes over and says, "Point me in their direction and I shall slay them." Lynx comes back and yells at his cane. "WHY DO YOU ALWAYS CUT ME OFF?!" He takes a deep breath and slowly says, "That must be why he keeps mentally poking me. Can you tell how powerful they are from a distance?"
    "No, I cannot, and in any case, I don't think that's wise. This place operates on different rules, and your traditional enemies may not be as hostile as you expect." Erasmus specifically thinks back to the reformed demon he met a few months ago, and intentionally does not glance toward any clearly undead patrons currently in the bar right now.

My Nexus characters

11. - Top - End - #161
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ghouls Just Wanna Have Fun

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    The enormous humanoid chuckles darkly, sipping once more at his drink before setting it down as delicately as possible. "First year is the hardest. It's admirable, though. What yer trying. Good first step." He purses his scarred lips together before leaning forward, causing the chair to creak noisily beneath him, an aggravating sound which results in a grimace to form across the faces of each of the apparently sentient severed heads at his belt.

He stares deep into his drink for a few seconds, blazing eyes narrowed as he does so.

--

When he's finished, he leans back, crossing his bulky arms over his enormous chest.

"I remember when I was just starting."
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Calm Reed is... well, calm, but underneath the facade she is not happy to be ignored entirely. Even less so by the hideous man's clear implications.

"Let me guess. You are also a flesh-eater, but one who's survived far longer. And now you're here to give... advice to a fellow afflicted person? Or tell her about her grim future?"

"...Uh huh," Saint Lazarus answers, arms crossed and skepticism at an all-time high. This bundle of scars and creepy grossness thinks he can be helpful mentor figure guy? Ick, no. We're not going down that road, we're not taking the path that leads to us wearing living heads dangling from our hip. No thank you, Saint Lazarus is...well, maybe not exactly an actual saint, but certainly a better person than the sort who keeps those kinds of macabre trophies this guy has all over him. Afternoon snacks, maybe? Eeurgh.

"Calm Reed, I've changed my mind. Forget MERC, I'm going with you to VIGIL. If you want to see what a hideous mess is hiding under this helmet, I'll show you that, too." She'll do anything to feel like she's not headed down the same road as this gigantic corpse demon dude, apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

Calm Reed smiles slightly at St. Lazarus' resolution. Seems like she's determined not to let her disease consume her, which is respectable. Though there's still the question of what to do about the... creature in front of them.

"Good choice. I would hope Vigil has a better chance of helping you endure your disease without killing or desecrating corpses."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

As Lazarus responds, Arbrim reaches for the large black canister at his belt, setting it down upon the table before him. The bounty-hunter snaps off the jar's filthy lid, breathing in the disgusting stench which wafts forth. The undead raises the lid of foul black liquid to his mouth, slurping vigorously of the jar's nauseating contents. Once his maimed lips disturb the rancid, curdled fluid, a bubble previously trapped within the thick, churning substance contained within the jar rises to the top of the liquid and bursts, piercing the thin skin of congealing toxins that had been previously keeping the substance's dire smell in relative check.

In one go, Arbrim downs the repugnant elixir, shivering as each and every gelatinized glop of revoltingly questionable fluid cascades down his throat.

"Been flesh-free fifteen years now."

He glances towards Calm Reed, eyes narrowing beneath his shades.

"Advice, yeah. I know a guy."

--

At that, he sets a card down upon the table.

"Not an easy road ahead. Worth it in the end."
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2018-09-06 at 11:47 AM.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Into the tavern walks a female figure. She is very awkward, lifting her feet a little too high with every step. Almost as if she were a puppet, although no strings are visible.

She is made of wood, with well crafted joints at elbow and knee. Woollen hair hangs to elbow length, brown in colour. She is wearing a simple green top, and a knee length black skirt with side pockets. Her garments appear to have been hand stitched. Her carved feet are bare, with painted red toenails.

Her eyes are painted green, with rosy pink circles on her cheeks and red painted lips. Her eyes and mouth would move on the surface of the wood if she were to speak, very disconcerting to see - after a while of watching it, it becomes less creepy.

The puppet-girl, upon entering the tavern, takes a seat at a table near the door, so she can watch who leaves and enters. Her eyes say she wants to make conversation, however her body language tells a different story; her arms are folded in front of her flat wooden chest. It is as though her body is not obeying what her mind wants her to do - she wishes she looked a little more approachable.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Firbolg in the Playground

Into the tavern walks a slight androgynous figure. Shi moves unusually, jerkily1, though not so far as to boast a wind-up key in one's back.

Shi's made of metal, or glass, or something in-between2 a lovely almost-radiant silver. Except the red hair3, which seems perfectly ordinary. The outfit is no less unusual, shirt and trousers with the color and fuzzy texture of clouds, and a collar of green feathers. Slung over hir shoulder is a bone-handled sword4 and on hir belt5, a matching knife. Any eyes that might be in that head are concealed behind bug-eyed brass goggles.

Straight-away, shi slides into the booth with the puppet girl. "Looking for someone? Me?"

1 - These limbs moved by gears and motors move differently than those animated by muscle and bone. They start and stop suddenly, swinging into position and locking there as the rest of the body move around to match.
    2 - it's mithril, if you want to be particular.
    3 - done in a french braid, but with many a strand going astray.
    4 - a katana, I'm forced to say.
    5 - which also holds a miniature skull, a magic wand, a swiss army knife, a flashlight, and other sundry tools.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #166
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

'I like your outfit. And your skin is pretty.' blurts out the puppet-girl.

She frowns, an odd expression on her puppet face, before introducing herself.

'Whoops, sorry. Thought that out loud! Uh, my name is Melanie. And you could just be who I'm looking for.'

Melanie struggles to bring a carved wooden hand, with articulated fingers, forward for a handshake, if Shi will accept it. It is as if there is a puppet master whose control Melanie must overcome to complete the action; it is obvious that it has taken a significant amount of effort to offer the handshake. Melanie's other arm remains against her chest; she only fought to move the one arm/hand.

Melanie is smilling in a friendly way, although that may be lost with her harsh red painted lips and bright pink circles of cheeks; her painted eyes, at least, are welcoming.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

"No, I cannot, and in any case, I don't think that's wise. This place operates on different rules, and your traditional enemies may not be as hostile as you expect." Erasmus specifically thinks back to the reformed demon he met a few months ago, and intentionally does not glance toward any clearly undead patrons currently in the bar right now.
    Lynx nods. "That's what I keep telling Bob, but he refuses to believe it." Once more, Nox takes control. "Nonsense. They may not be overtly hostile toward me, but they are unnatural, and so are a threat to all life." Lynx comes back and drops his head in his hands. He's silent, and seems...broken, somehow.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Barbarian in the Playground

Saint Lazarus looks more than a little uncomfortable as she accepts the man's card. Whatever the creepy advice guy has, it's almost certainly not what she does. If she stops eating flesh, what happens to her is the same thing that happens to everyone else who chooses to stop eating. It would be nice, if it were just an addiction, if she could just quit human flesh and go vegetarian and eat soy human or something. There was an early period with a lot of vomiting and pain where she felt the need to test out exactly those kinds of ideas, to see if pig flesh was close enough to longpork, or if MagCorp had a cloned meat business for people like her. Unfortunately, no, they did not.

"I'll uhh...I'll look into that, thanks." No, she absolutely won't. In fact, she's already trying to figure out her next meal plan. Sneak into Riverside and try to run off with a war casualty's arm? Carve up some gangers in Inside's slums? Kill a slaver in Skyside, possibly? Nobody would dare call her out on eating a slaver, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

19. - Top - End - #169

Quote Originally Posted by Fendrick View Post
    'I like your outfit. And your skin is pretty.' blurts out the puppet-girl.

She frowns, an odd expression on her puppet face, before introducing herself.

'Whoops, sorry. Thought that out loud! Uh, my name is Melanie. And you could just be who I'm looking for.'

Melanie struggles to bring a carved wooden hand, with articulated fingers, forward for a handshake, if Shi will accept it. It is as if there is a puppet master whose control Melanie must overcome to complete the action; it is obvious that it has taken a significant amount of effort to offer the handshake. Melanie's other arm remains against her chest; she only fought to move the one arm/hand.

Melanie is smilling in a friendly way, although that may be lost with her harsh red painted lips and bright pink circles of cheeks; her painted eyes, at least, are welcoming.
    Most puppets, you know, they're creepy because they're almost humanlike but not quite. This one, it's climbed up out of the uncanny valley, and then fallen off an uncanny cliff on the far side of the mountain. Lips talking but not while attached to a mouth? What an idea.

The newcomer smiles coyly at the compliment, and reaches out to shake Melanie's hand.1

"I'm Chevin. Wonderful to meet you," shi says, despite how ominous the puppet's greeting was. Trying to think back, does she remember (or preremember) a conflicted puppet Melanie? Ah, it's such a common name. Can't recall.

"You seem to be of two minds about meeting me." What's up with that? If not for the handshake, Chevin might have guessed that she was only the painted face, and not the puppet. But now, that can't be right.

1 - Only four fingers, and it's not that one is missing. There were only ever four fingers on these hands.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #170
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Most puppets, you know, they're creepy because they're almost humanlike but not quite. This one, it's climbed up out of the uncanny valley, and then fallen off an uncanny cliff on the far side of the mountain. Lips talking but not while attached to a mouth? What an idea.

The newcomer smiles coyly at the compliment, and reaches out to shake Melanie's hand.1

"I'm Chevin. Wonderful to meet you," shi says, despite how ominous the puppet's greeting was. Trying to think back, does she remember (or preremember) a conflicted puppet Melanie? Ah, it's such a common name. Can't recall.

"You seem to be of two minds about meeting me." What's up with that? If not for the handshake, Chevin might have guessed that she was only the painted face, and not the puppet. But now, that can't be right.

1 - Only four fingers, and it's not that one is missing. There were only ever four fingers on these hands.
    (It's all painted on, its like the paint of her mouth itself moves as Melanie speaks. Melanie is new around here)

'It's a bit of a story, but simply put, I am just a puppet. I have limited control, because I am not the one who pulls the strings.'

Melanie frowns again, as her posture gets less welcoming, out of her control. Methinks I've said too much. The puppet master doesn't like me to speak of it. But I guess if he controlled me a little better, it wouldn't be so obvious.'

At her last sentence, she lurches up from the table, and collapses in a heap on the floor. (exactly like a puppet thrown down in anger!) 'Ooof. As you can tell, the puppet master can get pretty grouchy.'

21. - Top - End - #171

"Well, it can't be easy, practicing puppetry when your puppets insult you."

Chevin laughs at Melanie's response to being thrown aside. Shi can't help it. The spectacle is just too absurd. To make up for this, shi goes to help the puppet back into her seat.

"I'm sorry. So what's the story that leads to you being able to talk?"
    "Would you like a drink? It seems like you probably don't drink, but if you do, it's on me."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #172
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"Well, it can't be easy, practicing puppetry when your puppets insult you."

Chevin laughs at Melanie's response to being thrown aside. Shi can't help it. The spectacle is just too absurd. To make up for this, shi goes to help the puppet back into her seat.

"I'm sorry. So what's the story that leads to you being able to talk?"
    "Would you like a drink? It seems like you probably don't drink, but if you do, it's on me."
    'Well, when I first got trapped as a puppet, I could just think. Then I could gradually think louder and louder, until one day I managed to speak. Since then, I've slowly been gaining more and more control. I would like full control though, to stop me falling on the ground like that!'

Melanie smiles as she continues, 'I don't drink, you're right about that. Thanks for helping me up. I'd love to sit with you while you drink though.'

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    As Lazarus responds, Arbrim reaches for the large black canister at his belt, setting it down upon the table before him. The bounty-hunter snaps off the jar's filthy lid, breathing in the disgusting stench which wafts forth. The undead raises the lid of foul black liquid to his mouth, slurping vigorously of the jar's nauseating contents. Once his maimed lips disturb the rancid, curdled fluid, a bubble previously trapped within the thick, churning substance contained within the jar rises to the top of the liquid and bursts, piercing the thin skin of congealing toxins that had been previously keeping the substance's dire smell in relative check.

In one go, Arbrim downs the repugnant elixir, shivering as each and every gelatinized glop of revoltingly questionable fluid cascades down his throat.

"Been flesh-free fifteen years now."

He glances towards Calm Reed, eyes narrowing beneath his shades.

"Advice, yeah. I know a guy."

--

At that, he sets a card down upon the table.

"Not an easy road ahead. Worth it in the end."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Saint Lazarus looks more than a little uncomfortable as she accepts the man's card. Whatever the creepy advice guy has, it's almost certainly not what she does. If she stops eating flesh, what happens to her is the same thing that happens to everyone else who chooses to stop eating. It would be nice, if it were just an addiction, if she could just quit human flesh and go vegetarian and eat soy human or something. There was an early period with a lot of vomiting and pain where she felt the need to test out exactly those kinds of ideas, to see if pig flesh was close enough to longpork, or if MagCorp had a cloned meat business for people like her. Unfortunately, no, they did not.

"I'll uhh...I'll look into that, thanks." No, she absolutely won't. In fact, she's already trying to figure out her next meal plan. Sneak into Riverside and try to run off with a war casualty's arm? Carve up some gangers in Inside's slums? Kill a slaver in Skyside, possibly? Nobody would dare call her out on eating a slaver, right?
    Calm Reed watches the display impassively.

"Where are we off to now, then?"

Ultimately it's St. Lazarus' decision what she wants to do with this offer.

24. - Top - End - #174

'Well, when I first got trapped as a puppet, I could just think. Then I could gradually think louder and louder, until one day I managed to speak. Since then, I've slowly been gaining more and more control. I would like full control though, to stop me falling on the ground like that!'

Melanie smiles as she continues, 'I don't drink, you're right about that. Thanks for helping me up. I'd love to sit with you while you drink though.'
    Chevin catches a waiter - "Cosmo, a hemo colada. Thanks."

One thing calls for immediate investigation: "You haven't always been a puppet? That sounds like a story."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #175
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Chevin catches a waiter - "Cosmo, a hemo colada. Thanks."

One thing calls for immediate investigation: "You haven't always been a puppet? That sounds like a story."
    'Aha, it's perhaps not the great tale you're expecting. I was close to death, and to preserve my life, made a deal to, uh, save my body. What I didn't realise was part of the deal, was that my body would be transformed into that of a puppet!! At that point, all I could do was think and watch as my life fell apart. I went back to my family, who disowned me calling me an abomination and scary. My mother shrieked when I greeted her. The puppet master used to control my voice; I'm sure my voice with a puppet's body is what scared my mother. At least the words that come out of my mouth are my own now, but it sure would be nice to be made of skin and bone again.'

26. - Top - End - #176

"I'm sorry about your family." Chevin trails off for a moment, lifting a hand to look at the biomechanical fingers.
    "Mine would probably say the same thing about me. Perhaps it's lucky that they are very far away."
    Shi shrugs.
    "It certainly sounds like you got the worse end of the deal. It's no kind of life to be stuck without moving or even speaking, right? And now you've escape the puppetteer?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #177
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

"I'm sorry about your family." Chevin trails off for a moment, lifting a hand to look at the biomechanical fingers.
    "Mine would probably say the same thing about me. Perhaps it's lucky that they are very far away."
    Shi shrugs.
    "It certainly sounds like you got the worse end of the deal. It's no kind of life to be stuck without moving or even speaking, right? And now you've escape the puppetteer?"
    'Hmm.' Melanie pauses for thought, before replying, 'Well, I haven't escaped yet. You see, the puppet master always knows where I am. And he still controls my movement most of the time. But perhaps a wizard or someone would be able to sort this whole situation out for me, give me control. Puppet master wouldn't just let me do that so easily though. I'd have to be sneaky.'

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

Lynx nods. "That's what I keep telling Bob, but he refuses to believe it." Once more, Nox takes control. "Nonsense. They may not be overtly hostile toward me, but they are unnatural, and so are a threat to all life." Lynx comes back and drops his head in his hands. He's silent, and seems...broken, somehow.
    "What's wrong?" Erasmus sees Lynx's unhappiness.

My Nexus characters

29. - Top - End - #179
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Lynx speaks into his hands, making his words slightly muffled. "I just...I hate having to restrain him. I hate having to make sure he doesn't kill good people. I worry that, when he takes control, I'll do unforgivable things." He shakes his head a little and sighs. "The only way to guarantee that he doesn't take control is to get stumbling drunk or take something illegal. That makes me worry that I'll lose control and not remember it in the morning." He looks up at Erasmus and quietly says, "There's no way for me to win."
    Last edited by CosmicHobbit; 2018-09-09 at 01:25 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180

'Hmm.' Melanie pauses for thought, before replying, 'Well, I haven't escaped yet. You see, the puppet master always knows where I am. And he still controls my movement most of the time. But perhaps a wizard or someone would be able to sort this whole situation out for me, give me control. Puppet master wouldn't just let me do that so easily though. I'd have to be sneaky.'
    Chevin's unusual drink arrives, and shi gulps down quite a bit of it right away, splashing a bit on hir goggles, which then has to be cleaned away.
    "I know a wizard or two - no magic anything myself - if only! But maybe I could look into it anyway. Can he hear us right now? That would make it...a lot more complicated."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine