New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Pie and Predation

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post
    "You guys are good, if she heard what was in that factory you'd be here for months, wouldn't matter if you wanted to be here or not. As far as I saw, there was no disease, there wasn't a Olive around, and you didn't move the artificial intelligence running the place into a cyberbody she didn't make." Fan Knife replied, before motioning to a clear spot in the unoccupied side of the room, opposite of the desk, "I'll get some healing potions in exchange for those things, she'll find a use for them. She'll probably start breeding them like they're goldfish or something."
    Doc is able to quickly jump on-board the ninja's train of thought here. He nods slowly and whispers to Fan, "Right. Just some old automation we shut down. That's all."

He turns and motions to Bertly. Together they'll place the containers down together quietly so as not to wake up the sleeping doctor. Maybe it is a good thing that he didn't have a copy of the notes? As far as he remembers, Choro had the only remaining copy of them. Ah well, hopefully Glorious Dawn isn't a super mutant spy.

"Shall we wait outside or follow you?" Doc asks Fan Knife.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Doc is able to quickly jump on-board the ninja's train of thought here. He nods slowly and whispers to Fan, "Right. Just some old automation we shut down. That's all."
    Fan Knife shrugged and gave Doc a blase look.

He turns and motions to Bertly. Together they'll place the containers down together quietly so as not to wake up the sleeping doctor.[/QUOTE]

Doc heard some confused, intimidated 'Daddahs' and 'Nue mummah sweepies?', but that really wasn't all that important.

Maybe it is a good thing that he didn't have a copy of the notes? As far as he remembers, Choro had the only remaining copy of them. Ah well, hopefully Glorious Dawn isn't a super mutant spy.

"Shall we wait outside or follow you?" Doc asks Fan Knife.
    Fan Knife glanced back down at her sister, apparently making sure that she wasn't in the middle of eating her pillow or something, and then looked back up at Doc.

"Meh, I need to adjust the security and check on a few things. It sounded to me like the ganger you guys dealt with knew not to kill anyone in the hospital, which is fine by me, but you should get you're group together and I'll meet you before you go." Fan Knife replied, before glancing at the crates again, as if she was getting adjusted to the ineffectual squeaky noises the cuties were producing.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

We gathered up the rest of the robots from the factory as well. I sent them to Cabbagetown to rebuild the place. Moonshadow said to River.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

4. - Top - End - #274

"Alright then," Doc replies. "I'm gonna buy some food real quick and then wait by the bus."

He motions for Bertley to come with him as he heads to the store run by the donkies. Doc will just do a quick trade of items and caps for food (fresh if it's available) and do a quick look to see if they have a combat axe or sword. Maybe leather armor with fur lining? He was just going to try and be quick this time.

Oh, and pick up that watch. Hopefully it runs well now.

"Hey Bertley, how does Robronco normally do upgrades for you? Do I have to take you into a shop or do I buy a kit? Just wondering in case you wanted something like a nicer limb or sensor."
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2018-10-05 at 01:42 PM.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    We gathered up the rest of the robots from the factory as well. I sent them to Cabbagetown to rebuild the place. Moonshadow said to River.
    River stopped, and turned back around, clearly surprised.

"How many were there? The only place around here that would still have robots running around would be the old navy bases." she said, clearly very surprised.

"Alright then," Doc replies. "I'm gonna buy some food real quick and then wait by the bus."

He motions for Bertley to come with him as he heads to the store run by the donkies. Doc will just do a quick trade of items and caps for food (fresh if it's available) and do a quick look to see if they have a combat axe or sword. Maybe leather armor with fur lining? He was just going to try and be quick this time.
    It appeared that the store was staffed by a single donkey at the moment, the one named Stan. Stan looked like his nose had been broken in the very recent past given by the plastic cast taking up most of his muzzle, but otherwise he seemed fine. The donkey glanced at Doc and Bertly when they arrived and did very little as Doc walked around.

As for the produce, the prices seemed to have dropped quite recently to the point where fresh lettuce or a bundle of tomatoes merely costed about as much as a carton of cigarettes (9 caps per unit of pre-war food). In terms of armor, there was a perfectly decent set of dark brown leather armor with blue-accented metal components on display, one with with animal hides serving as insulating material, and it looked sufficiently 'nice' that it could've passed as simply being a heavy winter outfit made of about twenty pounds of leather. The neck was trimmed with soft fur, a thin white hide covered interiors of the breastplate and the croupiere, and the leather leggings and attached helmet were also lined with white fur. Metal sections on the shoulders and back were well-hidden and the whole suit seemed rather flexible for something that didn't just cover the front of the body. The price tag of 750 caps made it clear why it hadn't been snatched up yet. (the armor is Winterized Reinforced Leather Armor (gives a +1 to Endurance to rolls involving cold weather).

As for sharp pointy things, there seemed to be general lack of them.

Oh, and pick up that watch. Hopefully it runs well now.
    "Sixty caps." Stan said, his voice slightly droning as he held out the watch for Doc.

"Hey Bertley, how does Robronco normally do upgrades for you? Do I have to take you into a shop or do I buy a kit? Just wondering in case you wanted something like a nicer limb or sensor."
    "Either would work, Doctor! Although I would prefer if you took me to a authorized dealership, of which there are two in this very city, a licensed Robronco or General Automagic's engineer would be suitable as well! Shall I add a appointment for a product checkup to your itinerary?" Bertly replied, the robots unbridled enthusiasm making Stan wince slightly.
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2018-10-07 at 12:20 AM.

6. - Top - End - #276

Doc pays for the watch and will buy 20 units of food. He looks the watch over before packing it away. "Thanks, Stan. You needing any pain medicine for that injury? I got a couple pills if you'd like some."

The armor seems a bit overpriced and he's not a slick businesspony to talk down the price. He'll just buy the food and watch, then leave to return to the bus.

To Bertly, Doc replies, "Sure, add an appointment. We might pass by one of the facilities on our way North."
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2018-10-06 at 12:44 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

River stopped, and turned back around, clearly surprised.

"How many were there? The only place around here that would still have robots running around would be the old navy bases." she said, clearly very surprised, before shaking her head and
    About fifty. Moonshadow said, shrugging. That place was messed up, illegal stuff and underground facilities. I'm not surprised if it had more robots then it should.
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2018-10-07 at 12:11 AM.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

Doc pays for the watch and will buy 20 units of food. He looks the watch over before packing it away. "Thanks, Stan. You needing any pain medicine for that injury? I got a couple pills if you'd like some."
    "Nope, I currently live in a place owned by the best doctor left in Equestria." Stan said dryly, sarcasm coming through easily through the slight muffling of his voice due to the cast, "Just waiting for her to wake up and finish checking up on my boss's boss's younger brother, and I'll wander in and let her reset it."

The armor seems a bit overpriced and he's not a slick businesspony to talk down the price. He'll just buy the food and watch, then leave to return to the bus.
    Stan, a true professional, took Doc's stacks of caps and was writing down the payments without another word.

To Bertly, Doc replies, "Sure, add an appointment. We might pass by one of the facilities on our way North."
    Bertly made a few beeping noises and suddenly started moving once more.

"Excellent! A booking is available within the next two hundred and fifty-seven years." Bertly said, sounding happy that he could be useful.

Stan glanced up from his ledger and glanced at Doc with a raised eyebrow, but then he shook his head and looked back down, as if he considered voicing his thoughts on the matter to be irrelevant.

More then a hundred easy. Moonshadow said, shrugging. That place was messed up, illegal stuff and underground facilities. I'm not surprised if it had more robots then it should.
    River just sort of stared at Moonshadow, and glanced at the other two pegasi as if to confirm what she had heard. She looked like she had decided on something before she got a response, though, given how she brought a hoof to her head and looked sort of dazed.

"Uh, are they like little cleaning robots, or..." she said, before waving over towards the two flying warbots currently hovering in the air, "did you guys get a robot army?"

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

River just sort of stared at Moonshadow, and glanced at the other two pegasi as if to confirm what she had heard. She looked like she had decided on something before she got a response, though, given how she brought a hoof to her head and looked sort of dazed.

"Uh, are they like little cleaning robots, or..." she said, before waving over towards the two flying warbots currently hovering in the air, "did you guys get a robot army?"
    Moonshadow grins, We totally got ourselves a robot army. she said.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

10. - Top - End - #280

"Nope, I currently live in a place owned by the best doctor left in Equestria." Stan said dryly, sarcasm coming through easily through the slight muffling of his voice due to the cast, "Just waiting for her to wake up and finish checking up on my boss's boss's younger brother, and I'll wander in and let her reset it."
    Moments like this is exactly what Doc needs to address. He has the skills, but he doesn't have the reputation yet. His hope is that working with Abbas can get his name out in the horse's inner circle as an rising star in legitimate Equestrian medicine.

Anyway, despite that he could of easily taken care of that snout, Doc needs to get back to his traveling group. He pats Bertly on the back (or, what passes for the 'back' of a Mr. Handy). "Sounds good, Bertly," he comments, walking out to the bus again.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

Moonshadow grins, We totally got ourselves a robot army. she said.
    River grinned, but then she blinked a few times; Moonshadow could see reality set in in real time. After it became clear that Moonshadow wasn't joking, River gulped very slightly and started to turn around back into the hospital.

"Uhh, alright, I guess we're warlords now, that's great." River said, sounding as if she was having trouble with accepting her new reality, "Are you going to tell everyone you guys have a robot army, or are you going to keep that away from the zebra or the other two pegasusus?"

The older Moss brother glanced at his sister, looking as if he was going to do something like question her grammar or something, but he was cowed by a single glance and looked back to being a colt in a odd place. Meanwhile, the youngest member of the clan seemed to be fantasizing about possible uses of a robot army, probably focusing on if they had guns that made a 'pew pew' sound.

Anyway, despite that he could of easily taken care of that snout, Doc needs to get back to his traveling group. He pats Bertly on the back (or, what passes for the 'back' of a Mr. Handy). "Sounds good, Bertly," he comments, walking out to the bus again.
    Doc found that the three pegasi were still talking with the three other earth ponies just at the mouth of the lobby. No sign of the others, although there was a old cafeteria down a nearby hall that had some noise coming from it.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

River grinned, but then she blinked a few times; Moonshadow could see reality set in in real time. After it became clear that Moonshadow wasn't joking, River gulped very slightly and started to turn around back into the hospital.

"Uhh, alright, I guess we're warlords now, that's great." River said, sounding as if she was having trouble with accepting her new reality, "Are you going to tell everyone you guys have a robot army, or are you going to keep that away from the zebra or the other two pegasusus?"

The older Moss brother glanced at his sister, looking as if he was going to do something like question her grammar or something, but he was cowed by a single glance and looked back to being a colt in a odd place. Meanwhile, the youngest member of the clan seemed to be fantasizing about possible uses of a robot army, probably focusing on if they had guns that made a 'pew pew' sound.
    Well they're currently programed to obey me, so I guess that makes me the Warlord. Moonshadow said casually. As for telling people, well I plan on rebuilding Cabbagetown, so I'm thinking of offering those refugees with the zebra a home there. They'll find out about the robots then. I've got no interest in telling the pegusus mercs anything though.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

13. - Top - End - #283

Doc found that the three pegasi were still talking with the three other earth ponies just at the mouth of the lobby. No sign of the others, although there was a old cafeteria down a nearby hall that had some noise coming from it.
    Doc pauses in his step. "Hmm, we're missing a few passengers," he whispers and then turns to peek in the cafeteria, if the other passengers they came to pick up are here.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

Well they're currently programed to obey me, so I guess that makes me the Warlord. Moonshadow said casually. As for telling people, well I plan on rebuilding Cabbagetown, so I'm thinking of offering those refugees with the zebra a home there. They'll find out about the robots then. I've got no interest in telling the pegusus mercs anything though.
    River nodded, although she suddenly looked like she had a minor migraine.

"Alright, I guess we should get this show on the road." she said, shrugging slightly, "You can talk with the zebras, but I think she'd need to be talked down from that."

Doc pauses in his step. "Hmm, we're missing a few passengers," he whispers and then turns to peek in the cafeteria, if the other passengers they came to pick up are here.
    The cafeteria had almost all the people who's names he knew in it. A crude camp of sorts had been set up and some jokester had overturned several of the tables on their sides and thrown a tarp over it as a sort of shelter, although no one seemed to be in it.

Andante Shine and Shade were sitting on crude mats on the floor, sleeping on the same mat but with some space between them; Andante was back to normal and was now merely a stumpy earth pony instead of a tiny bug, while Shade had a purple sleeping mask on with green cat eyes on them. Caesennia Victricia Variala Vatia and Halva were sitting together and seemed to be in a calm debate over what looked like a game of checkers being played over a plastic mat. Cassidy, Strawberry, Laupula, Northern Light, Lantana, and Aenetus were playing what looked to be poker being played out with spare caps (Strawberry seemed to be winning, but Laupula had a small collection of gold teeth in front of him.) The two zebra colts were reading comic books, and the zebra shaman was standing in the far corner of the room, facing the wall and standing perfectly still.

Turning around briefly, Doc saw that, behind the open double doors, the ghoul nurse from before was sitting on her haunches and staring at him, looking like a Nightmare Night prop of horrible taste and still clad in dirty nursing scrubs. A mass of bandages still covered her head, but someone had put on a set of blinders over them as if in some sort of attempt at a joke.

When Doc entered the room, most heads turned towards him. Northern Light rose up first, followed by all the card players sans Laupula. The zebra commander and the arabian mare stopped their conversation and Caesennia stood up first. Chain Checker and Floor Pump ran up to the two ponies of the Roaman group and and Zozesue silently turned around and started heading for camp. Andante, apparently not really asleep at all, silently shook Shade, who came too relatively quickly. Out of everyone, Northern Light spoke first, sounding like he was all business.

"Everyone alive?" Northern Light drawled, "There's a betting pool, not my idea."

Strawberry Surprise, hanging back near the end of the small crowd, hovered a few feet in the air and flashed Doc a nervously cheerful smile before getting yanked back down to ground level by her tail. The yelp that echoed through the room was sort of embarrassing but no one seemed to flinch too much. For a gathering of little more than a dozen people, it was awfully quiet.
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2018-10-08 at 09:10 PM.

15. - Top - End - #285

"Course everyone's alive, they had me to keep them patched together as we turned a factory and half an army of rogue robots into slag," Doc replied with a little grin. He figured that the party's accomplishment was worth a little boast. "And we own the other half. Well, Moonshadow owns most of them I reckon."

He gestures to the front door where the bus is parked outside. "Anywho, the bus is leaving for Last Stop, so if that's your destination, come follow. Seating might be a bit snug, but we'll make it work."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

"Course everyone's alive, they had me to keep them patched together as we turned a factory and half an army of rogue robots into slag," Doc replied with a little grin. He figured that the party's accomplishment was worth a little boast. "And we own the other half. Well, Moonshadow owns most of them I reckon."
    Northern Light just grunted, apparently not keen on entering into a long, drawn out conversation when a escape from Tauronto General was on the table, and the ponies from Oakville and the zebra party mostly separated to collect their meager things. Behind him, Doc could hear the ghoul nurse munching on something, absent-mindedly.

He gestures to the front door where the bus is parked outside. "Anywho, the bus is leaving for Last Stop, so if that's your destination, come follow. Seating might be a bit snug, but we'll make it work."
    After Doc said that, a line seemed to form; that one horse, Halva, nervously approached him on her slender legs, several satchels attached to her sides. She appeared supremely nervious and seemed intent to speak with Doc, but more obvious conversation partners arose when the two pegasi in the room trotted up to him. Strawberry Surprise looked like her tail was still smarting and she was mumbling to herself, while her sister just gave Doc a hard, flat stare.

"If you want us to go to Last Stop, we'd like to be paid. Starting rate is would be eighty caps a day for each of us, plus first pick on the loot we find." Cassidy said, sounding rather gruff, as if attempting to be business-like wasn't worth the effort, "We've been up there recently, I doubt anyone else you're hauling has. What I'm offering isn't high, it's the same I'd offer if we were going into the Everfree Forest, and I'd rather go back to the Everfree Forest than Last Stop. But we owned the bus before we gave it to you, we know what shape it's in and how to maneuver it. Extra sets of wings arn't replaceable down here, Doc Wagon, and you're hauling a lot more dead weight than what that thing's made for. Do we have a deal?"

17. - Top - End - #287

Behind him, Doc could hear the ghoul nurse munching on something, absent-mindedly.
    Doc turns and gives 'Nurse Ratchet' a friendly wave, then returns to the group lining up by him to leave. He was going to greet to Halva, but Cassidy interrupted, so he looked in her direction first.

"If you want us to go to Last Stop, we'd like to be paid. Starting rate is would be eighty caps a day for each of us, plus first pick on the loot we find." Cassidy said, sounding rather gruff, as if attempting to be business-like wasn't worth the effort, "We've been up there recently, I doubt anyone else you're hauling has. What I'm offering isn't high, it's the same I'd offer if we were going into the Everfree Forest, and I'd rather go back to the Everfree Forest than Last Stop. But we owned the bus before we gave it to you, we know what shape it's in and how to maneuver it. Extra sets of wings arn't replaceable down here, Doc Wagon, and you're hauling a lot more dead weight than what that thing's made for. Do we have a deal?"
    Ever the mercenary, aren'tcha? Doc listens to her spiel, and an eyebrow slowly rises as he hears the last part of it. He gives her a sly smile, the kind a friend gives you when you're up to no good and they know what you're thinking, but will play along.

"Well Cassidy, as I remember it, you already made a deal with Moonshadow to give us the bus in exchange for taking you and your sister to Last Stop because you can't fly and would hate to hoof it several weeks through the snow to get anywhere," Doc reminds her coolly. "Now, it's only a few hours flight to L.S., but I agree on the value in a fourth pegasus to pull a packed bus. So tell you what--your sister joins our flight crew to get us to Last Stop and I'll have you sit down with my fiance and I to talk about potential employment for a few days."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

Doc turns and gives 'Nurse Ratchet' a friendly wave, then returns to the group lining up by him to leave.
    The near-feral ghoul didn't seem to react, although that was probably because it's eyes were still covered.

Ever the mercenary, aren'tcha? Doc listens to her spiel, and an eyebrow slowly rises as he hears the last part of it. He gives her a sly smile, the kind a friend gives you when you're up to no good and they know what you're thinking, but will play along.

"Well Cassidy, as I remember it, you already made a deal with Moonshadow to give us the bus in exchange for taking you and your sister to Last Stop because you can't fly and would hate to hoof it several weeks through the snow to get anywhere," Doc reminds her coolly. "Now, it's only a few hours flight to L.S., but I agree on the value in a fourth pegasus to pull a packed bus. So tell you what--your sister joins our flight crew to get us to Last Stop and I'll have you sit down with my fiance and I to talk about potential employment for a few days."
    "Yeah, no, change of plans. With this bison spring we're having, Last Stop's going to get even more packed then it normally would and ****s going to hit the fan as soon as the weather gets back to normal and there's five hundred more ponies in there than there should be. Normal ponies, too, not soft ones that have bits in their pockets." Cassidy replied, "Besides, I made that deal before talking to all of your friends. I didn't know the **** you were in. Strawberry will do double time on the bus to get you to where you're heading, yeah, and then we'll sit down."

Strawberry looked annoyed, but got silenced with a quick jab to the ribs by her sister, a practiced motion that looked like it didn't even take too much mental effort on her part. Then, the reddish pegasus blinked, and became slightly confused.

"Wait, fiance?" Cassidy replied, now sounding just the slightest bit concerned, "How many noncombatants are you hauling around here?"
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2018-10-10 at 07:51 PM.

19. - Top - End - #289

"Yeah, no, change of plans. With this bison spring we're having, Last Stop's going to get even more packed then it normally would and ****s going to hit the fan as soon as the weather gets back to normal and there's five hundred more ponies in there than there should be. Normal ponies, too, not soft ones that have bits in their pockets." Cassidy replied, "Besides, I made that deal before talking to all of your friends. I didn't know the **** you were in. Strawberry will do double time on the bus to get you to where you're heading, yeah, and then we'll sit down."

Strawberry looked annoyed, but got silenced with a quick jab to the ribs by her sister, a practiced motion that looked like it didn't even take too much mental effort on her part. Then, the reddish pegasus blinked, and looked confused.

"Wait, fiance? Are you going to Last Stop to get hitched?" Cassidy replied, clearly confused.
    Doc let a soft chuckle escape his lips. "Nah, not yet. We're taking our time with that, make sure we can stand each other a few weeks first," he says. Doc starts moving the line out the door to the bus.

"Well, it will be nice to have you and your sis along, Cassidy. Most of the ponies here I assume are non-combatants, but the ones on the bus can fight. Mostly. ...not the Moss siblings I don't reckon. We got two robots for escorts, but you know what they they, the more the merrier."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

River nodded, although she suddenly looked like she had a minor migraine.

"Alright, I guess we should get this show on the road." she said, shrugging slightly, "You can talk with the zebras, but I think she'd need to be talked down from that."
    Oh, I have no doubt that the zebra herself will refuse, but the ponies she was escorting are another matter.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

Doc let a soft chuckle escape his lips. "Nah, not yet. We're taking our time with that, make sure we can stand each other a few weeks first," he says. Doc starts moving the line out the door to the bus.

"Well, it will be nice to have you and your sis along, Cassidy. Most of the ponies here I assume are non-combatants, but the ones on the bus can fight. Mostly. ...not the Moss siblings I don't reckon. We got two robots for escorts, but you know what they they, the more the merrier."
    "How much food and water do you got?" Cassidy said, sparing a glance back at the crowd behind her before looking back at Doc, "Because it'd be extra to deal with ponies fighting over food in a bus. Do you have a priority list or anything? Normally I'd give the colts food first, but... she said, trailing off slightly because of a sudden interruption.

"Yeah, we need to draw straws to see who'd get eaten first." Strawberry agreed, nodding her head enthusiastically, pupils rather large.

Cassidy, rather than saying anything, gave Doc a pointed look and just sort of shrugged.

Oh, I have no doubt that the zebra herself will refuse, but the ponies she was escorting are another matter.
    River considered Moonshadow's opinion and seemed to quickly agree, nodding her head.

"Probably." she said, nodding once before getting distracted by her middle sibling raising his hoof before he started to speak, the look on his face making it clear that he felt obligated to do so.

"Can we leave before Stitchheart decides to surgically turn somepony into a walrus or something?" River Stone said suddenly, sounding aggravated in that special manner only young teenagers ignorant of the world with no real outlets for their angst could muster, "I know she's kind of a good pony, but she's not that good of a pony."

River, after a few moments, looked back at the pegasi and didn't seem keen to offer a counter to her younger sibling's judgment on the situation.
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2018-10-14 at 02:27 AM.

22. - Top - End - #292

"How much food and water do you got?" Cassidy said, sparing a glance back at the crowd behind her before looking back at Doc, "Because it'd be extra to deal with ponies fighting over food in a bus. Do you have a priority list or anything? Normally I'd give the colts food first, but... she said, trailing off slightly because of a sudden interruption.

"Yeah, we need to draw straws to see who'd get eaten first." Strawberry agreed, nodding her head enthusiastically, pupils rather large.

Cassidy, rather than saying anything, gave Doc a pointed look and just sort of shrugged.
    "No worries. I just bought a saddlebag's worth from Stan earlier, and my companions have supplies from before we left, so we got plenty if anyone gets hungry on the flight up," Doc replies. "Though I'd be worried if no one here thought to bring snacks for a trip. Food is gonna be cheaper here than at Last Stop I imagine."

Once outside, Doc will slide over to Halva on the walk to the bus and ask, "You had a concern earlier, miss?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

Sure. Just toss your stuff inside the bus. We'll be leaving shortly. Moonshadow said, waving a hoof over to the bus. She then went to go find the zebra and company.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

"No worries. I just bought a saddlebag's worth from Stan earlier, and my companions have supplies from before we left, so we got plenty if anyone gets hungry on the flight up," Doc replies. "Though I'd be worried if no one here thought to bring snacks for a trip. Food is gonna be cheaper here than at Last Stop I imagine."
    The two pegasi gave each other a quick glance, and just started moving over towards the bus, Strawberry hovering and Cassidy slightly limping.

Once outside, Doc will slide over to Halva on the walk to the bus and ask, "You had a concern earlier, miss?"
    Halva behaved rather awkwardly as the group went outside; she seemed intent on appearing calm and focused in contrast to the activity going on around her, and almost seemed like she wanted everyone to know that she was doing her best to not trample anyone underhoof. The only one who looked nearly as uncomfortable as her was Luapula, and he was actually carrying what looked like a chest full of bedding materials and didn't seem to be spasming anywhere, and it was possible that the horse noticed this and was trying her absolute best to look like she was contributing to something other than her own personal safety, which was clearly failing.

The horse looked over towards Doc, a wide eye looking down at him in clear surprise.

"Oh, yes. You intend to go to Last Stop, correct? I can provide support in terms of relations. I intend to go to the water merchant enclave within the city and buy my passage to the Stable, and the embassy they have has a garrison. If you have no friends in the city, I could declare you guests of mine and grant you a days sleep within the compound. The laws of the Saddles are respected by them, unlike most in that dreadful place, and I am sure you understand the generosity of Arabian hospitality." she offered, her grey eyes very slightly wide and her voice having a sort of desperate quality to it.

Sure. Just toss your stuff inside the bus. We'll be leaving shortly. Moonshadow said, waving a hoof over to the bus. She then went to go find the zebra and company.
    Caesennia and her retinue marched out of the room before all of the Oakville ponies, likely due to their meager belongings. The two ponies were carrying most of the load and flashed Moonshadow a hesitent smile, while the commander in question cocked her head at Moonshadow and nodded slightly before speaking. She was wearing a simple brown wool coat as her sole protection against the cold, although she didn't seem dissuaded by the open door.

"Excellent." Caesennia said after apparently counting the members of the party she saw. She then gave the grey skies a quick glance, and while it was clear she saw the robots above the bus, she didn't seem to find them especially noteworthy. "I assume your mission went well. Do we have your nation to thank for this alleviated weather?"
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2018-10-14 at 09:45 PM.

25. - Top - End - #295

"Oh, yes. You intend to go to Last Stop, correct? I can provide support in terms of relations. I intend to go to the water merchant enclave within the city and buy my passage to the Stable, and the embassy they have has a garrison. If you have no friends in the city, I could declare you guests of mine and grant you a days sleep within the compound. The laws of the Saddles are respected by them, unlike most in that dreadful place, and I am sure you understand the generosity of Arabian hospitality." she offered, her grey eyes very slightly wide and her voice having a sort of desperate quality to it.
    "Is that all?" Doc asks, lowering his voice a little to speak with her. "I appreciate the offer and will seriously consider it since it'll be my first time there, but I feel as if you have another concern on your mind?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

Caesennia and her retinue marched out of the room before all of the Oakville ponies, likely due to their meager belongings. The two ponies were carrying most of the load and flashed Moonshadow a hesitent smile, while the commander in question cocked her head at Moonshadow and nodded slightly before speaking. She was wearing a simple brown wool coat as her sole protection against the cold, although she didn't seem dissuaded by the open door.

"Excellent." Caesennia said after apparently counting the members of the party she saw. She then gave the grey skies a quick glance, and while it was clear she saw the robots above the bus, she didn't seem to find them especially noteworthy. "I assume your mission went well. Do we have your nation to thank for this alleviated weather?"
    Nah, we just got lucky. Moonshadow said, glancing up at the sky. The mission went better then well though. We ended up salvaging the majority of the robots, and sent them to Cabbagetown. And now I've got an offer for you all. If any of you are still seeking a home, feel free to come with us to Cabbagetown, as I intend to rebuild the place. From what I heard, staying in Last Stop isn't cheap.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

"Is that all?" Doc asks, lowering his voice a little to speak with her. "I appreciate the offer and will seriously consider it since it'll be my first time there, but I feel as if you have another concern on your mind?"
    Halva looked startled by the assertion, and, after a few moments, nodded. Her bangs made it hard to look her in the eyes, but it was clear that she had a lot on her mind just from the weird looks of hesitation she was making.

"Well, yes. I recently became aware of the extent of your party's interactions with the Al-Hazard and Olive families. I would like to have you know that the collective of water merchants serve as the third pillar of Tauronto's cultural stability and I would be pleased to assist you in arranging a meeting between your group and their leaders for the purpose of employment. They would be quite generous to one who has Abbas's attention, as you must understand. It's quite well known that it is within his long term goals to destroy them and seize control of their caravans with no heed to the current agreement with the ponies of Stable eighty four."

Nah, we just got lucky. Moonshadow said, glancing up at the sky. The mission went better then well though. We ended up salvaging the majority of the robots, and sent them to Cabbagetown. And now I've got an offer for you all. If any of you are still seeking a home, feel free to come with us to Cabbagetown, as I intend to rebuild the place. From what I heard, staying in Last Stop isn't cheap.
    Caesennia nodded at Moonshadow's statement regarding the weather, gave a quick glance at her subordinates, who were near the bus and were quite ready to board it, but she shook her head at the mentioning of Cabbagetown.

"I cannot make such a decision without reporting to the at the Oxfort, which is a few days travel north of Last Stop." Caesennia replied, "However, it is a very interesting prospect and I do believe that a opportunity to settle peacefully in a southerly location would be appreciated by the citizens in the area. Do you have a goal in mind in terms of size?"

28. - Top - End - #298

"Well, yes. I recently became aware of the extent of your party's interactions with the Al-Hazard and Olive families. I would like to have you know that the collective of water merchants serve as the third pillar of Tauronto's cultural stability and I would be pleased to assist you in arranging a meeting between your group and their leaders for the purpose of employment. They would be quite generous to one who has Abbas's attention, as you must understand. It's quite well known that it is within his long term goals to destroy them and seize control of their caravans with no heed to the current agreement with the ponies of Stable eighty four."
    "I'm a little surprised that news traveled that fast out this way. Maybe I ought to invest in a radio," Doc comments, partly to himself. Suddenly his group was getting popular around these parts. "Well, I suppose I could listen. Just know that my long-term goals are greater than mere employment with anyone. A doctor needs a decent clinic to work his craft."

When they get to the bus, Doc will help non-fliers inside.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

Caesennia nodded at Moonshadow's statement regarding the weather, gave a quick glance at her subordinates, who were near the bus and were quite ready to board it, but she shook her head at the mentioning of Cabbagetown.

"I cannot make such a decision without reporting to the at the Oxfort, which is a few days travel north of Last Stop." Caesennia replied, "However, it is a very interesting prospect and I do believe that a opportunity to settle peacefully in a southerly location would be appreciated by the citizens in the area. Do you have a goal in mind in terms of size?"
    Not really. It's still a little early to be thinking about how big it's going to get. I still need to do a proper inventory of how much food Cabbagetown can produce in the first place. Moonshadow said. But I don't see why I shouldn't aim to make as big of a town as possible.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm a little surprised that news traveled that fast out this way. Maybe I ought to invest in a radio," Doc comments, partly to himself. Suddenly his group was getting popular around these parts.
    Halva blinked, apparently slightly embarrassed.

"I asked the green earth pony mare, she had much to say on the subject."

"Well, I suppose I could listen. Just know that my long-term goals are greater than mere employment with anyone. A doctor needs a decent clinic to work his craft."
    Halva blinked again, although this time she seemed more baffled by Docs response more than anything as if the idea of 'self employment' was entirely alien to the horse...lawyer?

When they get to the bus, Doc will help non-fliers inside.
    The entirety of the zebra-led group didn't really have anything to lay down, and they picked the rightmost corner of the bus, the farthest away from the back, and sort of laid down some blankets they were carrying and were doing their best to sit together and not touch anything.

This was followed by Halva, who was actually not nearly as clumsy at walking around the increasingly cramped bus as one would expect on sight, and she quickly settled down on a slightly raised space on the floor and was doing her best to ignore the happy dog in the back of the bus.

Doc, after exiting the bus after popping in to assist Halva, would've found that the entrance was surrounded by Shade, Andante, and Northern Light, with Northern in between the two mares. Shade looked to be in good cheer and was sipping at something steaming from a foam cup, Andante looked slightly grumpy but well bundled, while Northern Light looked guarded, so nothing was really out of the ordinary.

"Tell us about the Oakville situation, now." Northern Light said bluntly, "I don't give a whit about the factory, Viridia didn't get a suit of armor that ****ing sparkles from a factory. Snowflake rose from the dead, didn't she?"

Shade kept looked at Doc while shaking her head slightly, while Andante motioned towards the other mare and Shade casually handed over the cup of what was probably hot chocolate while Northern Light was still trying to give Doc a good ol'fashioned stallion-y staredown. The stallion briefly appeared annoyed at the casual exchange that took place literally under his nose, but he quickly shook his head and still appeared to want answers about the fate of his hometown, the apparent unconcern of his companions apparently not wavering his own.

Not really. It's still a little early to be thinking about how big it's going to get. I still need to do a proper inventory of how much food Cabbagetown can produce in the first place. Moonshadow said. But I don't see why I shouldn't aim to make as big of a town as possible.
    "Would you accept those who hold the values of the Northern Legion in their hearts instead of Equestria?" Caesennia asked, sounding as if she saw no reason to mince words, "It is within my rank to allow a settlement of those under Legion protection elsewhere, and if it is labor you seek, the Northern Legion has much in bovine bodies. However, I would wish to see the site and assess it's resources; once I arrive at Oxbridge, I will know better what such a new settlement lacks and what excess marepower could be diverted towards this new settlement."
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2018-10-16 at 04:54 AM.