New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Pie and Predation

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post
    Strawberry hoof-bumped Viridia. There was a distinct difference between Strawberry Surprise, known drug user and *******, and Strawberry Surprise, who could've been named Pleasant Surprise by the way her bangs framed her face and the tired, yet content look on her face. She blinked a few times, a great, slow sweeping of lashes, and then she brought a hoof up to her face and giggled.
    "Think your sister wants a look out here or...?" Viridia looked around Cabbagetown. She knew that she didn't care much for it.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, time to get to work! Moonshadow said, taking off from the bus. She flew towards the building itself, keeping an eye out for any important looking goats, or that variant that she ran into that could talk. As well as her alicornbot. She has what might be a bad plan in mind for that, involving a certain AI core she's carrying around.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    "Pardon his chipper attitude," Doc says to Mirror, "Bertly is quite the proactive assistant, and has helped immensely in our adventures."

He turns to Bertly in diplomatic fashion, "Mirror is from Everfrost, and I do not believe they have robots there, so she is unaccustomed to robot culture. Come, let's have that conversation on current events over a walk with Butch."
    Bertly made a low whistling noise, and the dog quickly ran outside, the beast's bounding steps causing the bus to shake slightly.

Mirror, meanwhile, simply shook her head slowly at the robot in question, as if she disagreed with it's existence entirely.

Doc means for his invitation to be open to Mirror as well as Bertly if she would like to join the walk.
    Mirror seemed to weigh her options between being stuck behind Halva's flank and wandering around freely, and if she went any faster for the door she would've been flying. She paused briefly after disembarking, but then she wandered a few feet away and then started to help herself to a surprisingly healthy patch of clover.

Meanwhile, as soon as Doc stepped out, Bertly began harassing him. The dog was on a long leash and seemed to be inspecting a surviving shrub quite a way's away.

"Anyhow, doctor, after much deliberation and hearing your conversation about the future of this place, I nominate myself to be the steward of these robots." Bertly said, waving a limb over towards where Cabbagetown slumped in the distance. "While they are a horde of disgusting off-brand rustbuckets who should be turned into scrap on the principle of their existence, I have ruminated on how a good robot like Vaughn could have emerged outside of Robronco's facilities, and I have come to the conclusion that these robots, while crude and uncivilized, could contribute to Equestrian society. I cannot be content in letting them exist without being enlightened to the glories of Robronco and similar firms and, as the only true Robronco-made unit in the area, I believe I would be the best choice to command them. As they are very simple and do not have the proper programming for domestic use, my own protocols would be best to direct them. While I would normally understand the wisdom of allowing another of their kind to command them, this seems to be a agricultural facility and given her... ahem, previous occupation in running what could generously be called a food processing plant, I believe it would be inappropriate in the extreme, and I do not believe the goats would approve. Surely you agree?"

Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    "Think your sister wants a look out here or...?" Viridia looked around Cabbagetown. She knew that she didn't care much for it.
    "Pfft, no way, why'd she want to go see a buncha goats?" Strawberry asked, apparently finding the idea ridiculous, "And robots are crazy, it'd just take one to snap before they all start shooting at us or whatever."

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Alright, time to get to work! Moonshadow said, taking off from the bus. She flew towards the building itself, keeping an eye out for any important looking goats, or that variant that she ran into that could talk.
    The tents in the middle of the goat horde would've gained her attention immediately, for the vast majority of the goats in the herd were... goats. Some were obviously older or younger than the others, while some were actually sheep, there didn't appear to be any particularly important-looking ones in the whole group. Yes, some had little outfits on, more than a few had battle-saddles and others looked like they were wearing cobbled-together scavanging gear complete with little goggles and gas masks and oversized leather cloaks, the most dignified looking one was currently eating a rotten eggplant. Moonshadow was met with a wave of bleats, but otherwise the goats continued their business and some of the ones with guns strapped to them seemed content to observe her. As for the tents, they seemed to be connected to one another in a crude fashion and Moonshadow could see a dim light coming from inside them.

As well as her alicornbot. She has what might be a bad plan in mind for that, involving a certain AI core she's carrying around.
    The alicorn robot in all of it's hobbled glory was standing by itself, a yard away from the rest of the gathered robots and a wide distance away from the goats. It raised it's head towards Moonshadow as she flew by, but didn't react.
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2018-11-27 at 08:20 PM.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Spamalot in the Playground

and if [Mirror] went any faster for the door she would've been flying.
    Doc sees that mirror has the right idea and will follow her out since the view back here is good. He was considering a taste of clover, but Bertly interrupts his action, so instead Doc follows alongside the robot on the walk and will have to put off a taste-test for later.

"I nominate myself to be the steward of these robots."
    "I have come to the conclusion that these robots, while crude and uncivilized, could contribute to Equestrian society."
    "While I would normally understand the wisdom of allowing another of their kind to command them, this seems to be a agricultural facility and given her... ahem, previous occupation in running what could generously be called a food processing plant, I believe it would be inappropriate in the extreme, and I do not believe the goats would approve. Surely you agree?"
    Doc thinks on this speech for a few seconds. He glances up at the cloudy sky, then looks to Bertly. "Moonshadow doesn't strike me as the type who could devote her full-time attention to command the robots on rebuilding. Especially not if she still travels around with us. I reckon you out of anyone here are uniquely skilled to handle the job," Doc says with wise thought. He glances back at the little town. "Yeah, I agree with you. These robots need you to understand and settle into this new life. Now, I am going to miss you while I'm gone, so I guess I have to come visit often when I can."

He smiles at Bertly. "We should propose this idea to Moonshadow so she can inform the robots to listen to you while we're away."
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

5. - Top - End - #455
    Titan in the Playground

The tents in the middle of the goat horde would've gained her attention immediately, for the vast majority of the goats in the herd were... goats. Some were obviously older or younger than the others, while some were actually sheep, there didn't appear to be any particularly important-looking ones in the whole group. Yes, some had little outfits on, more than a few had battle-saddles and others looked like they were wearing cobbled-together scavanging gear complete with little goggles and gas masks and oversized leather cloaks, the most dignified looking one was currently eating a rotten eggplant. Moonshadow was met with a wave of bleats, but otherwise the goats continued their business and some of the ones with guns strapped to them seemed content to observe her. As for the tents, they seemed to be connected to one another in a crude fashion and Moonshadow could see a dim light coming from inside them.

The alicorn robot in all of it's hobbled glory was standing by itself, a yard away from the rest of the gathered robots and a wide distance away from the goats. It raised it's head towards Moonshadow as she flew by, but didn't react.
    Moonshadow landed by the alicorn robot first. What is your operational status? she asked it.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

Doc sees that mirror has the right idea and will follow her out since the view back here is good. He was considering a taste of clover, but Bertly interrupts his action, so instead Doc follows alongside the robot on the walk and will have to put off a taste-test for later.
    Doc saw Choro's hat off from the corner of his eye, but then she teleported off and away in a flash of blue magic.

Doc thinks on this speech for a few seconds. He glances up at the cloudy sky, then looks to Bertly. "Moonshadow doesn't strike me as the type who could devote her full-time attention to command the robots on rebuilding. Especially not if she still travels around with us. I reckon you out of anyone here are uniquely skilled to handle the job," Doc says with wise thought. He glances back at the little town. "Yeah, I agree with you. These robots need you to understand and settle into this new life. Now, I am going to miss you while I'm gone, so I guess I have to come visit often when I can."

He smiles at Bertly. "We should propose this idea to Moonshadow so she can inform the robots to listen to you while we're away."
    Bertly vibrated in place for a few seconds before letting out a rather loud whooping noise, but quickly calmed down a few seconds afterword.

"Excellent! I suppose you would not mind if I borrow Vaughn and the... Dazzler? Certainly, we could use a air force." Bertly replied, sounding quite happy as it was already scanning the area, presumably looking for Moonshadow."

Moonshadow landed by the alicorn robot first. What is your operational status? she asked it.
    The robotic alicorn was quite a bit of a mess, and the glass panel that took up much of it's upper 'face' was quite nearly slag. However, Moonshadow could see a dim red light appear inside it, and the sound of a garbled speaker system turning on soon assaulted her ears. The robot, although standing on only three legs, attempted a bowing position, and it extended the stubby 'wings' on it's back. It tilted forward on it's front leg until it was probable that if it continued to put any more weight on it, it would fall over.

"This unit is...perating...twelve-point-seven...ercent. System status: critical."

A few feet to Moonshadow's left, a flash of blue light appeared and vanished and left a fresh Choro, complete with a canvas bag about half her size completely full of what looked like junk parts from the pile of stuff on the bus. She looked at the shattered alicornbot with clear determination, and one of the first things she pulled out from the bag was a jar of white paint.

7. - Top - End - #457

Doc saw Choro's hat off from the corner of his eye, but then she teleported off and away in a flash of blue magic.
    'Yep, that's Choro,' Doc thought to himself.

"Excellent! I suppose you would not mind if I borrow Vaughn and the... Dazzler? Certainly, we could use a air force." Bertly replied, sounding quite happy as it was already scanning the area, presumably looking for Moonshadow."
    Bertly's joy seemed to be infection on Doc. He looks back to where Vaughn and Dazzler are parked. "I reckon those two would be more useful here. Dunno that they'd be allowed to roam a crowded city like Last Stop. I'll confirm with Viridia if it's okay to let Dazzler stay, but Vaughn's skillset is construction, isn't it? This place is a calling for him. He definitely belongs."

He too now looks around for where Moonshadow wandered off to.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

8. - Top - End - #458
    Titan in the Playground

The robotic alicorn was quite a bit of a mess, and the glass panel that took up much of it's upper 'face' was quite nearly slag. However, Moonshadow could see a dim red light appear inside it, and the sound of a garbled speaker system turning on soon assaulted her ears. The robot, although standing on only three legs, attempted a bowing position, and it extended the stubby 'wings' on it's back. It tilted forward on it's front leg until it was probable that if it continued to put any more weight on it, it would fall over.

"This unit is...perating...twelve-point-seven...ercent. System status: critical."

A few feet to Moonshadow's left, a flash of blue light appeared and vanished and left a fresh Choro, complete with a canvas bag about half her size completely full of what looked like junk parts from the pile of stuff on the bus. She looked at the shattered alicornbot with clear determination, and one of the first things she pulled out from the bag was a jar of white paint.
    Acknowledged. Go into stand by mode, and allow for repairs to proceed. Moonshadow ordered the robot.

Hey Choro, before you go painting it up as the next Celestia, I wanted to ask you if you think you could install this memory core inside it. I found it from the factory, and it was very helpful while I was there. I'm not entirely sure I trust it alone, so I think I'd want to bring it along. Moonshadow said to Choro, pulling the memory core out.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ogre in the Playground

Bertly's joy seemed to be infection on Doc. He looks back to where Vaughn and Dazzler are parked. "I reckon those two would be more useful here. Dunno that they'd be allowed to roam a crowded city like Last Stop. I'll confirm with Viridia if it's okay to let Dazzler stay, but Vaughn's skillset is construction, isn't it? This place is a calling for him. He definitely belongs."
    Bertly started to hover over towards the main building; Doc could hear the robot laughing cheerfully even when he started to go father off. The dog bolted from behind Doc as well and bounded over towards the hovering robot as well in a way that was almost scenic.

He too now looks around for where Moonshadow wandered off to.
    Moonshadow was standing near a half-broken alicorn-shaped robot and was talking to Choro.

Acknowledged. Go into stand by mode, and allow for repairs to proceed. Moonshadow ordered the robot.
    The assaultron slowly began to power down until the faint humming noises it was making ceased completely.

Hey Choro, before you go painting it up as the next Celestia, I wanted to ask you if you think you could install this memory core inside it. I found it from the factory, and it was very helpful while I was there. I'm not entirely sure I trust it alone, so I think I'd want to bring it along. Moonshadow said to Choro, pulling the memory core out.
    Choro stared at the memory core with clear surprise, and she took it with her magic. She held it near her face for a few seconds, apparently getting a good grasp of what connected to what, but then she looked up at Moonshadow, looking slightly nervous.

"What was it like?" she asked, sounding slightly concerned, as if she was about to preform some kind of surgery, "Was it like Bertly, or... more like Maddie?"
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2018-12-03 at 03:30 PM.

10. - Top - End - #460

Bertly started to hover over towards the main building; Doc could hear the robot laughing cheerfully even when he started to go father off. The dog bolted from behind Doc as well and bounded over towards the hovering robot as well in a way that was almost scenic.
    Too bad Doc didn't have a working camera. It would make a lovely Hearthswarming greeting card... assuming anyone around here celebrated it. Could just a pony thing back home in Manehattan. Doc thinks Choro's stable celebrated, but he can't remember if it were mentioned. Probaby, though. Well, regardless of local holidays, Doc is happy for Bertly.

Moonshadow was standing near a half-broken alicorn-shaped robot and was talking to Choro.
    Quarry found, Doc trots over to Moon and Choro.

"Hey, Moonshadow? I was talking with Bertly and he'd like to remain here in Cabbage Town to help supervise the robot army in the rebuilding effort. I think it would be a good idea. Bertly's proven himself loyal to us and he does speak their 'language', as it were. He definitely has a rapport with Vaughn."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

11. - Top - End - #461
    Titan in the Playground

Choro stared at the memory core with clear surprise, and she took it with her magic. She held it near her face for a few seconds, apparently getting a good grasp of what connected to what, but then she looked up at Moonshadow, looking slightly nervous.

"What was it like?" she asked, sounding slightly concerned, as if she was about to preform some kind of surgery, "Was it like Bertly, or... more like Maddie?"
    It was...weird. It felt like it knew what was going on in the factory and disapproved but was unable to do anything directly about it. I can't help but think it was trying to help me the best that it could. Though maybe it was just a little crazy. Regardless, it came with me when I asked, so I figure I should get it a body. Moonshadow said, scratching her head.

Quarry found, Doc trots over to Moon and Choro.

"Hey, Moonshadow? I was talking with Bertly and he'd like to remain here in Cabbage Town to help supervise the robot army in the rebuilding effort. I think it would be a good idea. Bertly's proven himself loyal to us and he does speak their 'language', as it were. He definitely has a rapport with Vaughn."
    Is he going to be okay with zebras and other non-pony races? I don't want to leave him behind if he's going to try and restart the war from 200 years ago.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

12. - Top - End - #462

Is he going to be okay with zebras and other non-pony races? I don't want to leave him behind if he's going to try and restart the war from 200 years ago.
    "Considering this robot army was recently turning everyone into burger patties I can't see Bertly as anything but a step up to rehab them," Doc replies, "But no worries. I'll talk to Bertly about that. Make sure he understands that the war is over and zebras are friends, not food."

Doc tips his hat and then leaves to the main building to find Bertly.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ogre in the Playground

It was...weird. It felt like it knew what was going on in the factory and disapproved but was unable to do anything directly about it. I can't help but think it was trying to help me the best that it could. Though maybe it was just a little crazy. Regardless, it came with me when I asked, so I figure I should get it a body. Moonshadow said, scratching her head.
    Choro nodded, and glanced back down at the little data stick that continued a entire AI, and she seemed to ponder the ethical questions inherent in determining the right course for about five seconds, at which she turned to the robot and seemed determined to get it back to working condition.

Choro looked somewhat saddened at hearing of Bertly's intent, but she shook her head and went back to fiddling with the assaultron.

Doc tips his hat and then leaves to the main building to find Bertly.
    Bertly was hovering in the main hallway of the building, apparently scanning every nook and cranny with the sort of domestic instincts present in a housekeeping robot with a buzzsaw.

"I do believe that what maintenance that needs to be done is not out of the abilities of a group of Mr. Handy units, doctor." Bertly said as he entered the building, the robot currently occupied by scraping off some grime that obscured the faded flowery patterns on a patch of surviving wallpaper, "Would you mind explaining what you would like done with the place?"

Moonshadow saw Choro fix the assaultron with almost disgusting ease; while it certainly didn't look brand new, the metallic paint Choro found to cover the smoother bits certainly made it look spiffier than it would've otherwise. Removing the robot's personality core and wedging the factory-begotten memory core in it's place looked almost easy, too.

After that, unsaid, the filly then went over to the main group of the robot army, quite unprompted. From Moonshadow's perspective, it could've been something from a war movie; a young filly with a large bag of supplies hovering at her side, approaching a steel wall of Equestrian robots. Most of them turned in unison towards Choro as she approached. There was about five seconds where it wasn't clear if any of the robots were going to fire at her or not, and Choro seemed to stiffen in place after the sudden artificial attention. However, after it became clear that she hadn't stepped on a mine or have a missile lobbed at her face, she continued her steady approach and started to go in between Moonshadow's iron horde and individual check each robot, one by one, apparently assessing individual conditions and occasionally brushing off overly large chunks of ice off them.

Meanwhile, the silence of the goats was deafening; they were loud, yes, but not nearly as loud as about three hundred goats should've been. Moonshadow would've recognized the old goat that was probably the leader of the herd she had saved at the factory now standing at the edge of the gathering, surrounded by the same group of younger ones that guarded it before, but now there were others of import near it that she hadn't seen before. There were three very large individuals in particular with long coats of white hair and very large corkscrew horns that spiraled upwards towards the sky that would've immediately have gotten her attention. Certainly, the three of them were immediately distinct from the crowd; besides the obvious matters of size, the one flanked by the two marginally larger specimens in terms of sheer size had horns about half a foot longer than the others and had a great white stringy beard that nearly touched the ground; it was also not actually standing, but instead was sitting on what looked like a small mattress that had been drug out from the tent just for the occasion, and a white blanket had been draped over it's back. The other two, while standing, were also wearing crude armor that was visible from where Moonshadow was due to it's bulkiness and the fact that there was a Sparkle-Cola advertisement on one of the makeshift breastplates.

The one that didn't had a machete in it's mouth.

The other two goats gathered near the front were perfectly normal-sized; one looked like just a normal goat, but in it's mouth were three leashes, to which Moonshadow could see two brahmins were attached, both sets of heads dumbly, happily grazing on a pile of canned fruits that had been set in front of them, while the other important goat was barely recognizable for being a goat because it was clad in a leather outfit wrapped in what looked like a thick shawl that barely hid the fact that the goat was currently heavily burdened with a rather massive gun collection. Indeed, besides the little pointy horns sticking out from the top of it's hood, it could've been mistaken for some sort of ambulatory gun shop.

However, none of those details about the goats could be said to be too clear, given that Moonshadow was looking up at them from a sloping hill and the goats were also sort of staring down at her. The occasional blep was the only thing to interrupt the... goat council's (?) observance of her, besides the noises of the assaultron steadily booting back up.

14. - Top - End - #464

"I do believe that what maintenance that needs to be done is not out of the abilities of a group of Mr. Handy units, doctor." Bertly said as he entered the building, the robot currently occupied by scraping off some grime that obscured the faded flowery patterns on a patch of surviving wallpaper, "Would you mind explaining what you would like done with the place?"
    Doc took a look around. "Hmm, I reckon first thing is to make sure the well pump works and we got potable water. We're gonna need a steady water source for farming. Second thing is probably fixing the hydroponic farm upstairs and getting it running again. Then generally clean up the place." He looks around and frowns at the old, meaty grease stains.

"I spoke with Moonshadow about you running things here while we're gone. She's okay with it, on the condition that you understand any zebras here aren't connected with the great war. That war ended a couple centuries ago; I think we won, relatively speaking, but just know these zebras are decedents and not the same as their ancestors. Many are probably descendants of Equestrian citizens that remained loyal to the end, you know? So, if you're okay with treating zebras and non-ponies here respectfully like you do us, then the job is yours."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

Doc took a look around. "Hmm, I reckon first thing is to make sure the well pump works and we got potable water. We're gonna need a steady water source for farming. Second thing is probably fixing the hydroponic farm upstairs and getting it running again. Then generally clean up the place." He looks around and frowns at the old, meaty grease stains.
    Bertly's eyes glanced down at the same mess Doc was looking at, and the robot made a clicking sound, clearly upset at the grime.

"Well, Tenaculum was always of the impression that one would do best to buy a fixer-upper in a good neighborhood, as apposed to a good house in a bad neighborhood." Bertly said, his voice wavering slightly at the mess; he then turned over one a charcoal-like piece of what used to be meat, and there were some white wiggly things under it. A small puff of plasma immediately vaporized the offending patty straggler, which was followed by much of the burnt mess it was near to exude a small cloud of ash and dust that smelled foul but didn't touch Doc's clothing.

There was a certain silence at the robot watched the small remaining pieces of the burnt hamburger-shaped piece of charcoal burn up and vanish into the air, the room smelling somewhat of acrid smoke even more than before.

"I'll clean this right up with the bleach in the supply closet, doctor." Bertly hurriedly said, turning back to Doc and sounding apologetic.

"I spoke with Moonshadow about you running things here while we're gone. She's okay with it, on the condition that you understand any zebras here aren't connected with the great war. That war ended a couple centuries ago; I think we won, relatively speaking, but just know these zebras are decedents and not the same as their ancestors. Many are probably descendants of Equestrian citizens that remained loyal to the end, you know? So, if you're okay with treating zebras and non-ponies here respectfully like you do us, then the job is yours."
    "Hohoho, doctor, you misunderstand! My friend-or-foe systems are always primed and are fully updated." Bertly said, sounding quite happy to deflect Doc's worries and taking a nearby semi-clean rag caked to the ground and started to wipe some soot off from one of his eyes; the robot actually detached the red concave glass lenses with a slight twist, and gently began to wipe it down like he was cleaning a monocle, "Equestria was accepting of all sorts, as long as they were Equestrians. Why, a minotaur candidate had a good shot in the last parliamentary elections, after all. As long as they come here with good intent and the will and the want to leave their cultural baggage behind them, I don't believe I could say a word against them."

16. - Top - End - #466

There was a certain silence at the robot watched the small remaining pieces of the burnt hamburger-shaped piece of charcoal burn up and vanish into the air, the room smelling somewhat of acrid smoke even more than before.

"I'll clean this right up with the bleach in the supply closet, doctor." Bertly hurriedly said, turning back to Doc and sounding apologetic.

"Hohoho, doctor, you misunderstand! My friend-or-foe systems are always primed and are fully updated." Bertly said, sounding quite happy to deflect Doc's worries and taking a nearby semi-clean rag caked to the ground and started to wipe some soot off from one of his eyes; the robot actually detached the red concave glass lenses with a slight twist, and gently began to wipe it down like he was cleaning a monocle, "Equestria was accepting of all sorts, as long as they were Equestrians. Why, a minotaur candidate had a good shot in the last parliamentary elections, after all. As long as they come here with good intent and the will and the want to leave their cultural baggage behind them, I don't believe I could say a word against them."
    Doc watched Bertly vaporize the chunk of meat and maggots. Hmm, maggot farming? His ears do lower a bit a the foul smell, but it passes after a moment.

"Well seems like this place is in capable hands then," Doc says, satisfied with Bertly's answers. Huh, a minotaur politician? That's different. O.o

"Alright, I'm gonna return to the others. We'll probably be leaving soon. If you need anything before we go, let me know." Doc holds up a hoof to shake Bertly's claw hand before he goes.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

Hey! I'm glad to see you made it here. Moonshadow said, approaching the goat from the factory with a smile. I see you brought some friends. Is Jasper here as well? He's an Ibex I met once.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well seems like this place is in capable hands then," Doc says, satisfied with Bertly's answers.
    "Hands indeed, doctor." Bertly said, chuckling as he pressed two of his graspers together briefly.

"Alright, I'm gonna return to the others. We'll probably be leaving soon. If you need anything before we go, let me know." Doc holds up a hoof to shake Bertly's claw hand before he goes.
    Bertly shook Doc's hoof gently, and silently turned back to his work, robotically trying to scrub out a rather green stain on the floor with a cloth. Doc heard Bertly's speakers turn on and began to play a somber jazz tune.

Hey! I'm glad to see you made it here. Moonshadow said, approaching the goat from the factory with a smile. I see you brought some friends. Is Jasper here as well? He's an Ibex I met once.
    The old goat narrowed his rheumy yellow eyes, and he glanced over to one of the far larger goats. With a small bow and a shuffle backwards, it was clear that it was deferring to the better-dressed ones, at the very least.

Suddenly, the large goat on the pillow spoke, it's voice a high-pitched rasp.

"There are no ibex here, pegasus." the elderly goat said, sounding quite polite as it stared at her from it's perch; Moonshadow would've also have seen a small ball of light grey magic form in between it's spiraling horns, the same color of it's eyes, "But there are more of us who have heard of what you did, but this is all who would come for this summons. While I believe the words of the elder, he said more fantastical things than merely being saved by pegasi and a certain ghoul. We deal with ponies often, but they rarely intend for us to stay in one place."

19. - Top - End - #469

"Hands indeed, doctor." Bertly said, chuckling as he pressed two of his graspers together briefly.
    Bertly shook Doc's hoof gently, and silently turned back to his work, robotically trying to scrub out a rather green stain on the floor with a cloth. Doc heard Bertly's speakers turn on and began to play a somber jazz tune.
    Doc chuckles as well, shaking and letting Bertly go. "I'll miss you, B." He listens to the music as he walks away, his trot slow so as to catch a bit of the tune. It certainly fits the mood at the moment.

Once outside, he walks around to look for either Viridia or Moonshadow, needing to speak with them both.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

20. - Top - End - #470
    Titan in the Playground

The old goat narrowed his rheumy yellow eyes, and he glanced over to one of the far larger goats. With a small bow and a shuffle backwards, it was clear that it was deferring to the better-dressed ones, at the very least.

Suddenly, the large goat on the pillow spoke, it's voice a high-pitched rasp.

"There are no ibex here, pegasus." the elderly goat said, sounding quite polite as it stared at her from it's perch; Moonshadow would've also have seen a small ball of light grey magic form in between it's spiraling horns, the same color of it's eyes, "But there are more of us who have heard of what you did, but this is all who would come for this summons. While I believe the words of the elder, he said more fantastical things than merely being saved by pegasi and a certain ghoul. We deal with ponies often, but they rarely intend for us to stay in one place."
    Well maybe that's because I'm not from the surface. So I'll be straight with you. I intend to rebuild this town and I want your help in doing so. Yeah, I could take my robot army and just relax. I'd be safe, I could grow enough food for my friends and I, and we could live a peaceful life. Never really exerting ourselves, maybe raise a family. Just let the Wasteland go by, letting warlords, gangsters, and slavers do as they please, so long as they don't bother us. Moonshadow shrugged.

Or I could take this as the opportunity to do something important. I've got an empty town and an army of robots. I've got connections with Horse Lords, Stitcheart, the Zebra Legion, the Olives, and Oakville. My friends are some of the smartest and strongest ponies on the surface.

So do you want to join me in actually building a new future instead of just staying in the same holding pattern that the whole Wasteland seems to be caught in?

Spoiler: going with straight charisma
    Show
    (1d6)[4] vs 6
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground

Doc chuckles as well, shaking and letting Bertly go. "I'll miss you, B." He listens to the music as he walks away, his trot slow so as to catch a bit of the tune. It certainly fits the mood at the moment.

Once outside, he walks around to look for either Viridia or Moonshadow, needing to speak with them both.
    Moonshadow appeared to be talking to goats, while Viridia was being Viridia near the bus, hanging out near Stellar and Strawberry. The sight of a group of tall, gaunt goats with heads bearing large horns that very well could have passed as great crowns from a distance might have been somewhat disquieting, but Moonshadow seemed to be handling everything well. The sight of Strawberry trying to scratch her upper back on a rough patch of the roof of the bus while hovering upside down was also somewhat disquieting, but for different reasons.

Well maybe that's because I'm not from the surface. So I'll be straight with you. I intend to rebuild this town and I want your help in doing so. Yeah, I could take my robot army and just relax. I'd be safe, I could grow enough food for my friends and I, and we could live a peaceful life. Never really exerting ourselves, maybe raise a family. Just let the Wasteland go by, letting warlords, gangsters, and slavers do as they please, so long as they don't bother us. Moonshadow shrugged.

Or I could take this as the opportunity to do something important. I've got an empty town and an army of robots. I've got connections with Horse Lords, Stitcheart, the Zebra Legion, the Olives, and Oakville. My friends are some of the smartest and strongest ponies on the surface.

So do you want to join me in actually building a new future instead of just staying in the same holding pattern that the whole Wasteland seems to be caught in?

Spoiler: going with straight charisma
    Show
    [roll0] vs 6
    The goats were quiet and calm, or at least the ones who Moonshadow could read emotionally. After she finished, the goats broke away from the rim of the hill and huddled among themselves, circled around the big one who had talked to her. The... discussion of bleats and similar noises took some time, and it was hard to tell from the distance and the means of communications if the group was thrilled or horribly angry. However, surprisingly quickly, the group broke away again and the large goat began speaking again.

"Your actions speak for you." the goat said, sounding content, "Many here will leave this place, but to go back to their herds and alert them of your words. Many will not return to this place, for there is nothing here to feed our young and old, but you will find assistance from those who associate with us. The herd you saved shall stay, but the rest shall scatter and will return with supplies from distant places. Our bighorner kin will be searched for and sent here, and those pony scavangers who deal with us will be alerted of this place. However, we expect a formal agreement to be drafted as soon as possible. Pony strength is fleeting and is always in flux, but our people have lived the same before and after the wars that destroyed this land. If this place is stable and strong at the end of this winter, than you would prove yourself worthy to lead us. As for further negotiations, I expect we shall play our part within a month's time. If you cannot contact us once more, if you are true to your words, we shall have heard of your acts regardless."

The white goat stood up on his cushion and turned around into the crowd and headed towards the tents, and was tailed by the two who resembled him the most. The remaining goat... leaders (?) continued to stare at him, and eventually the one that was clad in armor trotted off with the one who was holding the leashes to the brahmin. The old goat and the ones who surrounded him stayed in place, and seemed to linger at the edges until fading away into the crowd.

Moonshadow, out of the corner of her eye, saw the zebra shaman step slowly back inside the bus.

22. - Top - End - #472

Doc goes over to Viridia. "Hey, V. Quick question--Bertly would like Dazzler to stay here with him a while to clean up the place. Is that alright with you?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

23. - Top - End - #473

Viridia looked over at Dazzler and shrugged. "I suppose I should let him." She sniffled. "Giant murderbots grow up so fast."

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ogre in the Playground

Liftoff was easy; the hardest part of it was getting the dog to not try and bring a baby lamb with it.

The trip was, too, but it wasn't pretty to look at. Past Cabbagetown were a collection of buildings that simply looked far older than those that were more southerly; far from slums, many appeared to be quite stately, and it wasn't clear if they each occupied small parks to themselves or, indeed, those were lawns and little patches of woodland a stone's throw away from the slums. Some of the buildings might have been upscale apartment complexes, each block a respectable distance from one another, but some were undeniably mansions, although whatever grandeur the old estates might have had paled in comparison to even the worst-looking building in Abbas's strip. While there was a clear attempt in the distant past to try and make rows of overly large, quaint buildings for the modest rich pony who just wanted to have that small town feel by living in buildings that looked like cottages, the wide avenues were guarded by large gates and the occasional small cluster of shacks that probably used to be for the ponies who worked for a living.

There was also a castle, which was visible after about thirty minutes of flight. It straddled the area between two city blocks, was made of of a dark grey stone, and the only modern aspects to it whatsoever were the lightning rod attached to the tallest of the towers and the landing pad on the flattest part of the roof, which had the rusting remains of a small plane on it. It's exterior was ornately decorated and it bore several flying buttresses that looked quite amazingly like outstretched bat wings, studded with spikes and carvings of pony faces, roosting bats, and squatting gargoyles that were probably meant to be pointing menacingly at passerby on the ground. The grounds that encircled it were pitch black, with the dead trees and grass having been tainted unnaturally long ago, and a nearby hill was a curious, unnatural spiral shape. The area was separated from the rest of the ruins around it by a large dark moat, and if one wished to go from small gas station it faced from the other end of the street from the ground one would need to cross the remains of a wooden bridge. Much of the castle still shone from leftover ice, although there wasn't much snow nearby. Someone one the bus might have started to crave garlic for some reason.

Overall, it sort of looked like if Nightmare Night had thrown up on a upscale neighborhood. A quick check of a Pipbuck indicated that, yep, that was Stitchheart's house. It even pinged itself as a location as soon as the bus got close to it, as if the devices were warning whoever hated themselves enough to decide to go into a place that probably had the worst basement in Equestria.

After the anachronistically placed upscale neighborhoods and twere a series of small factories and warehouses that looked like they had seen recent activity in absolutely the worst way possible. Ponies weren't present out on the streets (which were really just glorified alleys, by how wide they were) but many of the low buildings in the area looked positively bombed-out and ruined. It managed to seem sketchy from the air, somehow. It passed by quickly.

Eventually, there came to a point where the buildings began to become larder in scope but didn't begin to look any prettier. Old brick and morter buildings, crumbling and rather spaced apart, seemed to make up what might have been the 'local' variety of poor neighborhood, if all the rotting billboards studded near the roads was any indication (something called 'Liquor and Loans' seemed to be very well represented) and the road were wide and bare of any major obstructions.

That was a clue.

Last Stop was visible after a hour's flight. It seemed to take up more than one street, so it's dimensions from the air were hard to grasp, but it was clear that it took up what was once a large part of the downtown extension. There was one tall tower with a marble exterior and mostly intact windows, but around that were five smaller, more modern buildings that certainly could have been former office buildings. Around that cluster of relatively tall buildings, though, for almost a quarter of a mile, were the signs of recent pony activity, mostly clustered around the smaller buildings that ringed the taller group of high rises, former office buildings and apartments, all in various stages of collapse or disrepair, all densely clustered near one another to the point where trying to see what was going on in the streets was impossible.

The most striking sight available, however, was the great brown cylindrical building that announced itself to be the 'Last Stop Central Railroad' thanks to a golden sign present on top of it's mass, with a roof made of broken green and blue glass and flanked on all sides by smaller wooden structures and tent, making it looked overwhelmingly like a great moldy log studded with crude mushrooms. There was some amount of smoke coming from the inside of the building. The area didn't seem to be in any state of chaos, so it was probably all very normal. The railroad hub was somewhat more southerly than the shantytowns around the towers and while they were not that far from one another, they were clearly two different parts of the same whole and there wasn't much in between them besides some visibly unoccupied ruins.

The closest thing to a 'safe' landing spot was in that very dead zone, being a small parking garage. It was close enough to the main sprawl of the town that the bus could land while not being totally in view of anyone looking up at the somewhat sunny sky. On hoof, reaching either area would take barely ten minutes, tops.

Anyway, landing was easy.
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2018-12-15 at 11:39 AM.

25. - Top - End - #475

Viridia looked over at Dazzler and shrugged. "I suppose I should let him." She sniffled. "Giant murderbots grow up so fast."
    Doc nods and looks up at Dazzler. "Yeah, reckon so. Bertly'll take good care of 'em. Get Daz fixed up I'm sure."

The most striking sight available, however, was the great brown cylindrical building that announced itself to be the 'Last Stop Central Railroad' thanks to a golden sign present on top of it's mass, with a roof made of broken green and blue glass and flanked on all sides by smaller wooden structures and tent, making it looked overwhelmingly like a great moldy log studded with crude mushrooms. There was some amount of smoke coming from the inside of the building. The area didn't seem to be in any state of chaos, so it was probably all very normal. The railroad hub was somewhat more southerly than the shantytowns around the towers and while they were not that far from one another, they were clearly two different parts of the same whole and there wasn't much in between them besides some visibly unoccupied ruins.
    "Finally made it, yay," Doc remarks in a cheerful mood. What time is it? Doc wondered how much time he has to look around before meeting Abbas.

while not being totally in view of anyone looking up at the somewhat sunny sky.
    OOC: As in actual sun? Holes in the cloud cover?
    Digo Dragon - Artist

26. - Top - End - #476

"Anyone else kinda just want to go to the top of that really tall building and see what's what?" Viridia asked, post-landing.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Choro hums. "Ponies who want to shoot us?" the little mare offers dryly at the question of what might be up there.

A mask of cynicsm can only do so much however. Anypony paying attention saw Choro gaping in awe on the approach to the station. The tiny magician is doing her best to act cool, petting her dog and not looking at the window, but it's not hard to tell that she badly wants to head out and investigate every little part of the large old building. Still, she does her best detached voice as she actually answers Viridia. "If you're going, I'll go too. We should stick together. And I am somewhat curious."

28. - Top - End - #478

"Hmm, I want to browse the shops myself, then check on this 'The Empire of Love' place Abbas is holding his meeting at. He said it was the premiere nightspot so I guess if anyone likes to go clubbin', that's where to be."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ogre in the Playground

"Finally made it, yay," Doc remarks in a cheerful mood. What time is it? Doc wondered how much time he has to look around before meeting Abbas.
    Going by the position of the bright spot in the sky that the sun probably was, the current temperature, the position if his shadow, and the timestamp on Moonshadow's Pipbuck, it was right after two o'clock.

OOC: As in actual sun? Holes in the cloud cover?
    [No, it's just a metaphor.]

"Anyone else kinda just want to go to the top of that really tall building and see what's what?" Viridia asked, post-landing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Valin View Post
    Choro hums. "Ponies who want to shoot us?" the little mare offers dryly at the question of what might be up there.

A mask of cynicsm can only do so much however. Anypony paying attention saw Choro gaping in awe on the approach to the station. The tiny magician is doing her best to act cool, petting her dog and not looking at the window, but it's not hard to tell that she badly wants to head out and investigate every little part of the large old building. Still, she does her best detached voice as she actually answers Viridia. "If you're going, I'll go too. We should stick together. And I am somewhat curious."
    Viridia and Choro were answered not by Strawberry, who seemed to still be observing the view below with clear surprise, but by River, who walked over towards the edge of the roof and stopped to stare at the towers.

"Shouldn't we get some rooms, first?"
    she asked, squinting slightly as she continued to look down at the city below.

"Hmm, I want to browse the shops myself, then check on this 'The Empire of Love' place Abbas is holding his meeting at. He said it was the premiere nightspot so I guess if anyone likes to go clubbin', that's where to be."
    Doc heard someone cough behind him; it was Andante, wearing a scarf and looking down at the sight of the city with distaste. She waited for Halva to stumble out of the bus before she spoke, possibly because she thought the horse was making too much noise or something. She was staring up at him and she had a pair of binoculars around her neck, and had snagged a shabbier jacket then the one she had previously had on as well.

"I didn't think you were the type to want to go to a nightclub in the middle of the day, Wagon." Andante said, her voice slightly hoarse, with any attempt at sarcasm being lost accordingly."But as someone who once lived here, being hasty will be the death of you. We have baggage and luggage we must secure."

Andante pointed over at the cluster of towers, and then moved her hoof slowly towards the ruins of the great glass building billowing smoke.

"Shade and I can secure a place to stay at the subway station, or at least a suitable flophouse. Neither of us have any intent on going to the upper ward, as there's little there for us." Andante continued, sounding as if she had been thinking about this for quite some time, "Your ghoul friend would be shot on sight if she ventured where the guards most heavily patrol, which is where the rich ponies are holed up in. However, with a few rags and face mask, she could pass for merely one with mange. Give her the dog and nopony would suspect she was a ghoul. We can take the Moss brothers and all the zebras, as well; I have no doubt that the legion's contact is not in the nice part of this town. The transit hub is not safer than the towers by any means, but few of the administration's solders patrol it, and we will be taking Northern Light as well. As for shopping, while the towers are fortified and safe, you are not citizens and you will need bribes if you wish to get anywhere. Bring Abbas's treasures with you and find a way to exchange some of it for caps. Otherwise, act like you are back in Manehattan and do not view this as civilized territory."
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2018-12-16 at 02:47 AM.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Titan in the Playground

I bet the Dashies are up there. So I'll pass for now. I would rather someone else scout them out first and give me a heads up on if they are more like me, or if they are full out traitors. Moonshadow said. In the meantime, I'll stick with the zebras. I also want to try finding a broadcaster attachment for my Pipbuck so we can actually call each other. Maybe I'll even be able to call Cabbagetown with one.
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2018-12-16 at 03:06 AM.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show