Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Labyrinth of Zaaar the Maaaad [OOC]

Guys, I understand PbP is a slow medium but could you make a habit of at LEAST posting twice a week? Something!
    Until further notice 21st of October, please DM me for important stuff, and let the game master control my characters

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Think holiday has got people

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zylodrizzt View Post
    Think holiday has got people
    It's a single day closer to the weekend, so I expect people to actually post this week.
    Until further notice 21st of October, please DM me for important stuff, and let the game master control my characters

4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Yep, that's a thing that I'll be doing today

5. - Top - End - #95
    Firbolg in the Playground

My character has already said "Let's get out and heal", and there's been no change in my mind.

Shall I post that again?
    Grim specter of noogie hangs like shroud over us all

Extended Sig

D&D Alignment history

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

6. - Top - End - #96

BlueKnightGuy

Ok I got the post done. Since decisions the party is making where I'm not sure if everyone agrees, I think that after a bit of time I'll assume that the party goes with the most popular decision. Would that be ok with all of you?

7. - Top - End - #97

Quote Originally Posted by lukitux View Post
    Ok I got the post done. Since decisions the party is making where I'm not sure if everyone agrees, I think that after a bit of time I'll assume that the party goes with the most popular decision. Would that be ok with all of you?

Majority rules is absolutely fine with me.

Vive la démocratie!

8. - Top - End - #98

BlueKnightGuy

I see the IC thread, will post today

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

I'm ok with town

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Could I put some money down now and pay for the rest later? By the way how so you feel about homebrew magic items? I was thinking bringing back the bashing shield from 3rd. Maybe instead it transform into a hammer for a bonus action and back as a bonus action.

11. - Top - End - #101

BlueKnightGuy

Barwain Wildarson, owner of the grand shoppe, has what he calls a "If you have the money you buy the thing, if you don't have the money come back when you do" policy. He does use that exact phrase when asked about paying later.

For the shield of bashing, that depends, I might be able to convert it. What do you want it to do?

Anything else anyone wants to do in town, or can I resolve the actions and have you go back to the dungeon?

12. - Top - End - #102

...Anything else anyone wants to do in town, or can I resolve the actions and have you go back to the dungeon?

Up to you if you want to narrate encounters in town, I'm fine with that.

Or if you prefer you can go to "You meet again at the entrance of the Dungeon".

Your call.

Extended Sig

D&D Alignment history

Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"

13. - Top - End - #103

BlueKnightGuy

I'm planning to write a few sentences for what happens in town, and then return to the dungeon entrance. I just want to make sure no one wants to do anything but hasn't had time to post.

Speaking of that, is everyone still here? I haven't heard from some people in a while, and if anyone is leaving, town might be a good spot to explain that in-world.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Still here and basically I'd like to be able to go from two handed versatile to two weapon fighting to sword and shield easily. I like to switch up tactics as I go.

Anyways would you mind if I switched to brute fighter from ua? It fits, not much changes, and it would be easier to run from a pbp standpoint.(no target or resource tracking) I'm wanted to try the ancestral barbarian but I'm just not feeling it so much. If not I can multi later no biggie. Might even add levels of paladin later just for kicks. If I can multi instead could I switch primal path to zeolot?

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Speaking of that, is everyone still here? I haven't heard from some people in a while, and if anyone is leaving, town might be a good spot to explain that in-world.
    I am still there but I don't really like the slow pace we are currently having. I understand RL stuff but I'd love a snappier pace.

16. - Top - End - #106

ISpeaking of that, is everyone still here? I haven't heard from some people in a while, and if anyone is leaving, town might be a good spot to explain that in-world.

Still here, and I"m fine with the pace, but I'm having trouble remembering all the third level abilities (I really wish we started at First level).

I mostly post away from books via my phone in stolen moments, and if you didn't mind my playing a PC that's effectively "gimped" by being played poorly I'll continue, but if you'd like me to bow out now is a good time.

Extended Sig

D&D Alignment history

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm still here
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

2d8 your playing fine. There aren't a ton of options in tier 1 and I'll remind you when I can about things if you forget.

19. - Top - End - #109

2d8 your playing fine. There aren't a ton of options in tier 1 and I'll remind you when I can about things if you forget.

Thanks!

I'm used to playing low level Fighters and Rogues (and a couple of level one Barbarians) and I haven't played a PC with more than one spell in decades.

20. - Top - End - #110

BlueKnightGuy

I'm glad that everyone's still here, and sorry about the pace. I am fine with multiclassing and I'll try to figure out some rules for switching/retraining subclasses sometime soon. Expect the return to the dungeon entrance today or tomorrow.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Few questions. How much silver did each of us get after split and how much exp should we be at?

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Sorry. Not having much time except for weekends

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Happy holidays all. Hope that we can pick the game back up.

24. - Top - End - #114

Happy holidays all. Hope that we can pick the game back up.

Happy holidays to you as well!

Extended Sig

D&D Alignment history

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Everyone doing ok

26. - Top - End - #116

Everyone doing ok

Alright, my wife was pretty mad at me last night because I noticed our kitchen faucet leaking at the base, so I fixed it, but she was ticked off that I was "in the way".

But before I came home I made a stop after work and bought:

Dungeons & Dragons Art & Arcana A Visual History,

Endless Quest Escape the Underdark,

Endless Quest To Catch a Thief

and,

The Isle of Dread,

all of which promise to be AWESOME!

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

That was my subtle way of asking if we are still playing this or not

28. - Top - End - #118

That was my subtle way of asking if we are still playing this or not

Sure.

How does this sound to you?:

Several weeks ago, the party of adventurers wasreturning from a previous adventure and when they discovered a cache of scrollpapers.The scroll-paper was made of ' an excellent vellum parchment (akind of paper that lasts for centuries) On the journey home, thecharacters were caught in a sudden rainstorm and the entire cachewas drenched. Upon the party's return to Specularum, it was found that none of them were magical. Still, magic users can always use good paper for spell research and writing their spell books, so the characters carefully spread the paper out in front of a fire to dry out. Much to their surprise, as the paper dried out, writing appeared onseveral of the pages. The heat had brought out secret writing on theparchment.The pages were part of a ship's log and read as follows:
    "When the gale finally ended, we found ourselves approximately seven days normal sailing distance due south out of Specularum inthe Thanegioth Archipelago. We replenished our supplies: patched up the ship, and traded our remaining goods at native villages along the shores of several islands. Some villages were friendly, but others were hostile and the natives attacked on sight. I suspect the hostilevillages were filled with cannibals."We skirted the coastlines of several islands, sailing south by west until we reached a small peninsula cut off from the main island by amassive stone wall. We were well received by the natives of Tanoroa, the small village that guards this wall. The villagers have no name for the large island other than the 'Isle of Dread'. Their own small peninsula is known simply as 'Home'."The villagers told us a tale about an ancient city in the central Ihighland of the isle that was built by the same people who built the wall. The villagers call the builders 'the gods', but I noticed that the names of the gods and the personal names of the clan ancestors were often the same, so I suspect that their ancestors and the builders were one and the same. I believe that the natives once possessed a much more advanced culture and that the descendants of the builders have returned to a more primitive state."The inland city is rumored to be filled with treasure beyond imagining. In particular, I heard persistent tales concerning a great black pearl of 'the gods' that still remains in the inland city. The island waters abound with excellent pearl beds, so the rumor of the black pearl may well be true."The village contains a number of huge life-like statues of iron, bronze, and stone. Since no villager currently has the skill or the craft to make such statues, the tale of a lost city built by the 'gods'seems reasonable. I would have liked to explore inland to verify the rumors, but too many crewmen died in the storm or by cannibal spears. Only five of us are left. I am the only professional adventurer, the others are only sailors. We can sail the small ship well enough but on land, in hostile territory, we would be helpless.Once back in Specularum I should be able to recruit a new crew and a party of professional adventurers, then I will return to claim the great black pearl."One thing I managed to do before leaving: we sailed around the island and made the best map we could. We were afraid to land, since village fishermen had warned us that it was extremely dangerous to land anywhere on the main island and the coasts were rocky with no beaches. As a result, the map only shows the coastal areas we could chart from the ship. but it is better than nothing...."

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lol I guess if that's where we are going with this then.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Anyone wanna join a pf game on discord?