Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Hero High: The Seeds of Elysium [IC]

Miss Alchemy readied herself quietly, using the Alchemy Wand to get EXTRA clean. She prepares to be a "good" student, getting everything ready before classes start. She will be the BEST student.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

Rick Venture avatar by kpenguin, his GM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Legion stumbled back into consciousness, blinking groggily at the alarm slowly pinging away from his phone. He fumbled it off with a few muttered grunts, and crawled his way out of bed. First order of business; shower and a shave.

Legion's a fast showerer; he's back in his room and sitting in his chair inside of ten minutes. Once there, one of them goes to work shaving the other; sharpening sideburns and neatening up the neckline with clippers before swapping the clippers and repeating the whole process. They did take a moment to muse on the new addition to the room - interesting, definitely, and full of potential. Nationalistic supers were useful, if misguided. What did nation states mean any more, after all, except allegiance to whichever bankers were currently yanking on the purse strings.

Finally, he grabbed some jeans and his body armor. No point not wearing the stuff - you could barely see it under a t-shirt anyhow.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground

Trickster

You could swear you see Kireena grit her teeth as she moves through her technique like some terribly beautiful dance. "I was not gifted with great power," she nearly whispers, though still audible over the hum of her sword cutting through the air, "When my father chose me as the heir to his Imperium, it was because I had prepared for it since birth. Because I took it for myself." She spins around, Karen feeling the rush of air as the sword moved past her. Kireena hardly seems to blink.

Freeweight

"I'm not your dad," a thin reedy voice says on the other end, "The hell are yo-.....Oh! Right!" He clears his throat, "Yeah, this is Pa-eurrrr.....Bernard! This is Bernard! Simian told me to contact you about picking up "school supplies"." Freeweight can practically hear the air quotes around 'school supplies'. "I got a brief window today. I need you at the pick-up location exactly at 1:15. At 1:20, I'll be gone. Ya got it?"

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Freeweight nods, and tries to place the voice, wondering if it was familiar. "Sure thing dad, just text me the location or whatever. I'll be there."

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh, great!" Karen replies enthusiastically. "Look, when you're done, could you help me with stretching a bit? I just was worried whether you can break my spine by accident..."
    Tome of Radiance, a Magical Girl sourcebook for 3.5/PF.

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

Extended signature

6. - Top - End - #156

Freeweight

Once you hang up with your "Dad", you notice Emmet has sat up. There is a split second where you think the golem has figured you out, but that changes when he waves at you, turning around the slate on his neck to reveal the words Good Morning!

Trickster

Kireena stops her practicing, sheathing her sword expertly before turning to face Trickster, "I won't break your spine, you have my word." She offers a hand to help Trickster up to help her properly stretch.

All of You, A little later

It is now 8:00, and you all find yourselves in the floor's common room. Your roommates have either already left for class or were in the bathrooms getting ready for the day. The only exception is Miss Alchemy's roommate: Jonni is still sound asleep. Nevertheless, the room appears to be safe for discussing 'private matters.'

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

Atomic looks around to make sure no one's nearby before speaking. "Okay, it's a long shot but does anyone have anything so far?"
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh, I have something interesting." Legion says, while another him flips idly through a textbook. "We have ourselves a mind-controller here; and he's an arrogant bastard if I've ever met one. He'll get himself into trouble, just you wait. And when he does, we can extend a helping hand and make him ours. Even better if we can nudge him into trouble along the way."

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by pfm1995 View Post
    "Oh, I have something interesting." Legion says, while another him flips idly through a textbook. "We have ourselves a mind-controller here; and he's an arrogant bastard if I've ever met one. He'll get himself into trouble, just you wait. And when he does, we can extend a helping hand and make him ours. Even better if we can nudge him into trouble along the way."
    "Too much of a risk. We should eliminate him. It'd be easy enough to get him expelled..."
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

"But a life without risk is boring!" Karen jumps to her feet, "I say we try to use him - and at the same time, keep some blackmail on him... shouldn't be too hard!" She turns to the Legion, "Who's our dude? I could check him out, at least?"

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

Extended signature

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Freeweight lounges in one of the chairs, his leg draped over the overstuffed arm.

"Mind control? That's a no go for me. I like my head to stay just the way it is. I vote we are him." he says. "I got a call from Bernard. I need to make a pickup today at 1:15. Can you all cover for me?"

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

Atomic thinks for a second. "Maybe the best option is to hold off on doing either until we get a better feel for how this mind controller thinks and operates. If it seems like we can use him, we'll go from there. But getting him expelled isn't something we can undo."

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

The Legion waves their hands dismissively, the one still not looking up from his textbook. "Blah blah risk, blah blah expulsion. This whole ordeal is a risk; if anything this makes the rest of our lives safer: he's a convenient scapegoat if we're caught. And, yeah, Karen, he goes by 'Cass' - short for 'Casanova' -" and here Legion can't help but roll his eyes, "but no. They're right to be freaked, you all have actual powers - he already has one heavy hitter under his thumb, he doesn't need another. It's probably safest if you all limit contact. Cass tries messing with one of me, all he gets is one of me - alone, we're only human."

"Well, unless you're feeling lucky. Actually, Speedy Gonzalez in there - her name's Jonnie - seems to be at least copacetic with him. You could try talking to her. And, hey, maybe talk me up a little? She's kinda cute."

"Oh, no worries Freeweight, what's your schedule look like? I can spare a fork to take notes."
    Last edited by pfm1995; 2018-12-02 at 10:50 PM.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"I've got algebra then, which is gonna suck. I need a decent out though." Freeweight looks at Miss Alchemy. "Say Chemistry Queen, how'd you like to make me throw up so I can get out of class?"

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

"Should be simple enough. I'll need a few minutes to properly synthesize it."

16. - Top - End - #166

"There is another issue," Kireena speaks up, looking over at Freeweight, "You know how to get out of class, but what about getting aroud security?" She points out the window where even now the grounds are flooded with kids walking, running, flying and skating on ice bridges to their first classes. "I didn't spot too many, but the faculty is still watching the grounds with cameras. If we don't avoid them, it might draw unnecessary attention to us."

Suddenly, there is a PING sound as Leapfrog suddenly appears in the lounge, wearing a pair of shorts and a purple tshirt. "Crap, I forgot my textbook," He says as he starts heading to his room, but stops to look at everyone gathered, "You guys....are going to class, right?"

Miss Alchemy

Standing close to your room, you can still hear the light snoring of your roommate.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground

"Yeah, we should get going..." Atomic grabs his bag and heads out.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

"Eh. A few of us were thinking about skipping, actually - it's not like more than one of me needs to be in class anyway." Legion says with a smile. "Interested?"

19. - Top - End - #169

Quote Originally Posted by pfm1995 View Post
    "Eh. A few of us were thinking about skipping, actually - it's not like more than one of me needs to be in class anyway." Legion says with a smile. "Interested?"
    "It's the first day of class, dude," He says, PINGing into his room and pinging back with a textbook, "And I can't be in two places at once. And I don't wanna get in trouble in case Old Man Summers is watching. He's picking new members of Next-Gen this semester, you know!" And with that, Leapfrog vanishes again.
    Last edited by dreamking; 2019-01-13 at 08:59 PM.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh, goodie." Legion drawled. "Next-Gen. Feh. Not even old enough to vote, and they're already buying into the Agenda."

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

"Hey, we need to at the very least see what do they teach here", Trickster grabs her own bag, "Besides..." she leans towards the present Legion and whispers into his ear, "don't want to draw teachers' bad attention too early, do we?"

Extended signature

22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground

"Being on an official team means trust, trust means people lower their guard. One of us getting in Next-Gen could be very useful."

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

"Doubt I'll be all that useful if I'm retching every third sentence. And I will be attending class. Just not with all of me."

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

" I'd do it, but I doubt they'll be happy to have me on the team if I'm going to be ducking class all the time to get pick ups." Freeweight muses. He glances up at the clock. "We should probably get going, shouldn't we?"

25. - Top - End - #175

You arrive at the main building of Claremont Academy with time to spare. From the inside, Claremont Academy looks more like a mansion than it does a school. The walls are partially paneled with cherrywood and the floors are maple panels. Needless to say, it was pretty fancy.

Upon arriving, you all realized that by some twist of fate (or the machinations of your sponsors) that you all have the same schedule. The class is listed with the teacher next to it:

Spoiler: Class Schedule
    Show
    Calculus- Darien Skyler
    English- Jesse Perry
    History- Lemar Phillips
    Superhero History and Ethics- Leroy Hawke
    Lunch
    Gym- Alan Archer
    Art- Alexis Milo
    Physics- Clarence Macleod

You arrive in a simple classroom, a series of desks facing a large white board. It was surprisingly sparse in terms of decoration, no educational posters or motivational messages. You don't see your Calculus teacher, but you recognize a few of the students.

- Charlene was sitting at her desk, wearing a zip-up hoodie over her strange hazmat suit and burying her face in a book. It looked like she was deliberately trying to avoid eye contact, and her desk seemed like an island among the ocean of other seats.

- Jonni (Miss Alchemy's roommate) had a desk in a back corner, fully dressed and lounging back in her chair. Her black boots kicked up on the desk, she smirked and nodded at Miss Alchemy as she walked in, blowing a bubble with her pink gum. Jonni had been asleep in her bed when you left.

-Near the front was Sebastien Shields (Cassanova), laughing with Eddie Fell (Chump) and a third student none of you had seen before: A black haired Japanese girl dressed in black and purple. You can't tell what they are talking about.

You have about two minutes before the Start Bell goes off.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

John takes a seat in the front row. Being a model student seemed like a good opener, and easy to stop if it turned out to be pointless.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Two of the Legion walk into the room, shoulder to shoulder. One sits in the front row, notebook open and pen at the ready, the other wanders into the back row and collapses into the desk next to Jonni. "Howdy." he drawls in what no-one in their right mind would confuse for a real Texas accent. It's clear that this one could not care less about class.

As for where the third one is, well - that's always the question, isn't it?
    Last edited by pfm1995; 2019-01-21 at 08:38 PM.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

Trickster enters the class and heads to... last seat by the window, why not? Not like she expects to do particularly good in calculus, so what's the point in trying? Multiple choice questions in the test she can usually lucky guess, as for the rest... eh, it'll work out one way or another.

Looking at her, one could thing Karen had changed for PE already, but shorts and a short top were pretty much her everyday choice of outfit (when out of costume, anyway) - Karen knew years of gymnastics gave her a body worth gazing at, at didn't really mind... if anything, that made it easier to get her way.

Extended signature

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Jake waltzed into class just before the bell rang and grabbed whatever seat was left open. He had an image to maintain (or so he thought) after his stunt on the first day. It wouldn't do to look like he actually cared about school. He looked around the room for potential victims, someone smart looking and unassuming that he could rely on to "help" with his homework. It was always better to make friends than enemies, at least until the time came to betray them.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

Miss Alchemy takes out her supplies and organizes them on her desk, ready to learn. Or whatever.