New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: WHFRP 2e - The Winter Kings (IC)

Groktur

While Izur and Uzbek fashioned a makeshift stretcher for the injured gor from the broken hafts of a few spears and some torn and shredded cloth, the gor itself wiped at the blood seeping from its mouth with a furred hand.

“Breaker…and the…others. Outside of vale. Found….dark pit….near mountains. Something…savage…within. Hunting…warherd…like vermin.”

That was troubling. What could effectively hunt beastmen?

When the stretcher had been completed, they hoisted the injured gor upon it and began the trek back.

As they began to leave the clearing, Groktur thought he heard something skittering in the shadowed recesses of the cleft nearby. But he saw nothing when he turned to look.

Yet the feeling of being watched did not abate until they were a hundred yards into the forest once more.

Larus

“Magic. The Architect of Fate….has bestowed many blessings…upon us…and this vessel has…much potential.” Azrac said with a bloody laugh. “Hysh is bright, but….Dhar will consume all.”

Morgul, Egil, Bjorni and Antonio

“Well.” Bodhi said with a grin, “I will have what supplies and thralls are needed delivered to the Strange One’s hovel before the end of the hour. A new weapon would help us greatly in the days to come. Especially with tensions so high.”

The reaver-captain turned to Antonio.

“You come at a time when great change approaches. Come with me, and we will discuss how cooperation will mutually benefit both of us.”

To the others, Bodhi waved a hand dismissively.

“Enjoy your day. Perhaps go and attend Larus if you would. When I have made an accord with this one…” She gestured to Antonio, “I will send for all those who serve aboard the Red Song. We will have much to discuss before Geheimnisnacht is upon us.”

With that, the reaver-captain led Antonio out of the stone hut and off to the Red Song itself to have a more private discussion about the future. On the way, she caught Jovan and Sigrun outside and told them to gather up a great many lengths of chain and thralls, and to deliver them to Larus and Morgul at the hovel of Hygd.
    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

2. - Top - End - #602
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Erulasto View Post
    “Magic. The Architect of Fate….has bestowed many blessings…upon us…and this vessel has…much potential.” Azrac said with a bloody laugh. “Hysh is bright, but….Dhar will consume all.”
    Lárus nods thoughtfully at Azrac's answer. As clear an answer as one could hope for from a servant of the Great Conspirator, he thinks.

"Magic, aye. Will you permit me another question? How long have you been within the Grail Maiden? Did you arrive this night, or have you been with her since she fell into a faint in Savrok's tomb?"

3. - Top - End - #603
    Titan in the Playground

Morgul

THe shaggy haired beastman looks at Bodhi and nods in something approaching thanks before turning and trotting back towards Hygd's hut. Grabbing Egil he nods, "Come Mancleaver - see demon of Gods born in Breathstealer's maiden" and if Egil follows will trot back to the Hygd's hovel.

Arriving he ducks his hrns under the lintel and nods to Larus. "All is coming. What does daemon say need for taking body of hysh witch?"
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

4. - Top - End - #604
    Ettin in the Playground

Egil will follow Morgul to the hut. 'You sure it's the type you can control and not the type that'll slaughter everything in it's path?' The news had made him tense. You could only trust a Daemon to act as it pleased.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haval View Post
    Egil will follow Morgul to the hut. 'You sure it's the type you can control and not the type that'll slaughter everything in it's path?' The news had made him tense. You could only trust a Daemon to act as it pleased.
    Morgul pauses and looks at Egil before shrugging with a wide feral smile. "Demon is demon. No control of demon. Offer demon weaker thing and it respect strength." He claps Egil on shoulder again. "We bring thrall as food, as offering so demon not eat Egil and Morgul"

6. - Top - End - #606
    Bugbear in the Playground

Goblin

Upon returning to the herdstone, Groktur assigns the bray to tend to the gor's wounds, and then gathers the remaining warherd.

"Frostgrave hunted to death! Breaker led us to ruin! Breaker was weak! We will find this hunter and we will slay it! We will prove strength! We are Reforged! We serve no man! The forest belongs to us!"

He roars the last words at them, froth and spittle flying out of his mouth.

When the gor recovered, he would guide them to it, and it would be broken. All would be broken before him.

His mind flickers briefly to the Red Song and its crew, before turning back to the matter at hand.

Let the men attend to their own affairs. They could never hope to own the forest. The Breaker had been weak and had let men rule him. He had deserved to be usurped, but that would only be secure when Groktur had found him and ended him.

7. - Top - End - #607
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Antonio dosent seem too alarmed by Morgul, he even smiles "Ahh, a Gift from my master then? i hope you left the other party..satisfied to say the least. I prefer my beasts feral anyway, My name is Antonio, a pleasure to meet you Morgul."

He steps back, allowing the others to discuss the dealings of slaves "A Daemon? Coming here? Well, that is quite the Honor for this 'Breathsteaer'. He must be quite satisfied."

Antonio moves to follow Bodhi "As much as I love groups participating, sometimes intimacy does call for privacy. Especially when it comes to negotiating certain deals. Shall I get some Wine from m ship? Or do you have your own preferred brew for deals?"

8. - Top - End - #608
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Morgul pauses and looks at Egil before shrugging with a wide feral smile. "Demon is demon. No control of demon. Offer demon weaker thing and it respect strength." He claps Egil on shoulder again. "We bring thrall as food, as offering so demon not eat Egil and Morgul"
    'Fair enough. I knew people like that back home.'

9. - Top - End - #609
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

In the stone hut

Bjorni nods to the shaman as he comes in; taking more interest in Maria's day, which he shows by patting the girl's shoulder and asking "How was your day with Morghul? Did Anything interesting happen?"

He waits for a response while the rest talk through things, coughing falsely as Morghul's gift is noted and admired, while his was not.

about the daemon, he has mixed feelings: partly hopeful for the opportunities it would present, but 1/4th troubled by the possibility of it being affiliated to nerglish.

Too worried about such matters he doesn't even protest at Bodhi's private dealings, giving the Estalian a nod goodbye and sticking with Morghul and Egil while they walk to Laru's place.
    Last edited by neriractor; 2020-03-30 at 05:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Ah, yes, trolls, the monsters that are such wusses their primary means of reproduction is being eaten by other creatures.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    With all this talk of half dragon cohorts I may need to scrap riding a actual Dragon given how unoptimized it is.
    hey, order a gig here: https://www.fiverr.com/neriractor

I would really appreciate it.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Ogre in the Playground

Groktur

The fledgling warherd was growing stronger in experience and training, an unusual thing for many to comprehend of Beastmen. This was part of their strength. Not just the growing loyalty to Groktur himself, but the inclination the Caprigor had from his experiences with the crews of the Red Song.

The Gor with the wolf-head eventually identified himself as Mortok. His wounds were being tended by Izur and Uzbek rather effectively, heating metal blades to seal the injuries with flesh-melting cauterization. To his credit, Mortok did not even whimper.

Across the next hour or so, Groktur was approached by Valek with a sinister look in his eyes.

“Warchief! More Frostgrave approach. All injured. No sign of Breaker.”

Antonio

“The vintage may not be what you’re used to, but what kind of host would I be if I could not provide refreshments to a guest?” Bodhi asked as she led Antonio through the village that clustered around the base of the tall dwarf-made watchtower that Aemon had claimed as his own. Many of the people of the Winterscorn tribe openly gawked at the prim-looking Estalian as they passed, though none dared approach – likely due to his companion more than any true fear of the foreigner.

Eventually, they arrived at a tall longhouse sitting to the north of Mingol Gazan-Dum. There were many thralls working around the longhouse, chopping wood or tanning leather in preparation for the truly bitter winter that was fast approaching.

The reaver-captain led Antonio in through the front door and to a cozy-looking room with comfortable fur-covered chairs before a roaring hearth.

Setting her rime-crusted halberd next to the hearth, Antonio saw the chilled metal emitting soft wisps of steam from the heat. Dropping into a chair and throwing one leg over the arm, Bodhi reclined languidly as a handsome young thrall entered bearing a large pewter pitcher of wine.

“Sit.” Bodhi commanded, pointing to another chair across from her.

When Antonio had joined her, the thrall poured a large tankard for him and his mistress before slipping silently away into an adjoining room.

Bodhi took a long draw from her cup, before sighing wistfully.

“You’ve come at an auspicious time, Southerner. Perhaps it is prideful of me to say, but I’ll take your arrival as a sign from Loesh of my favor.” The reaver-captain laughed gleefully. “The Jarl of this hold – Aemon – is growing lazy and weak and jealousy has been clouding the judgement that is his duty. The reavers sworn to my banner have been denied the glory rightfully theirs by Aemon and his little lackspit Vikti.”

“What…if I may ask…” Bodhi began, with a wolfish grin, “Would it take for you and your followers to support my coming bid for the throne here in Winterscorn?”

Larus

“I have…slept…in the idols. For…time…uncounted. Your…sojourn….to the tomb was…timely.” Azrac-Colette began, “I was…dormant. Insensate. Until I felt…the pull of…this witch.”

The possessed Grail Maiden flopped bonelessly down to the cot once more.

“I require….rest…gather my…strength for…the ritual. Call upon me…when you are ready. But…be warned Breathstealer. It must…be complete….before the coming of the Green Star…..or this body….will be used up.”

Morgul, Bjorni, Egil and Larus

After a short while, the commanders of the Red Song gathered once more with Larus just outside of the small hovel Hygd called home.

Larus was sitting upon a wooden stump, talking to Strangeways in hushed tones as they approached. Hygd lookup up with her usual half-mad gaze, and her lips twisted into a wide grin as she saw a number of thralls hauling great lengths of chain with them.

“Time waits for no one, least of all Men. Not even the Gods themselves.” She said. “We must find an appropriate place. A place where the Winds are strong and Dhar, stronger. Know you of such a place, Dark Crow?”

11. - Top - End - #611
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Larus' home

Bjorni nodded to sygd if she even noticed him and hailed Larus with a half-smile, "Breathstealer, looks like you made the right call not impaling the witch, from what I've heard" comment reinforced by the question hygd made, with he refrains from answering, as he only knows of such places from the shaman or a comment by the child anyway.
    Ah, yes, trolls, the monsters that are such wusses their primary means of reproduction is being eaten by other creatures.
    With all this talk of half dragon cohorts I may need to scrap riding a actual Dragon given how unoptimized it is.

12. - Top - End - #612
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"Indeed," Larus replies with a cold smile. "But the hand of the gods is surely at work here. The demon - Azrac - says that it was bound within the idols in the Sea Tyrant's tomb until Colette came near, and that was not through any plan of mine," he continues with a shrug.

OOC: Just want to point out that we're at Hygd's place, not Larus' shack.

13. - Top - End - #613
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Antonio follows Bohdi closely, he knows better then to look as if he were wandering alone. Still, his eyes wandered over the norscan crowds, might as well take in the environment as they move. He makes sure to smile and wink to several passersbys, trying to leave them with a small seed of one of his gods more favored emotion. Perhaps they may grow curious and come to meet him later, and after that he can put them to proper service. "Im always open to new experiences my dear. I've yet to try the taste of a norscan beverage."

Antonio certainly doesn't delay in taking his seat. THe cold of the north had long since made warmth a foreign feeling to him. he simply couldn't refuse the chance to feel it again. He sits with one leg crossed over the other while leaning againt the arm of one of the chairs as he holds his head by the cheek. He gives the thrall a sultry look as he takes the cup and sips carefully, before looking back to Bohdi

"Ahh, so you see me as the gift? I think the Lord of Excess may have brought our fates together for we have the same needs. Ambitious folk like us tend to do well together." he holds his drink by the rim, shaking it softly "However, your rather direct in asking for my assistance. Blatant, unsubtle. I could use this against you. And if you really wanted my help in taking this place you certainly wouldn't have dragged me through such populated areas. I'm sure this Jarl of yours can only be suspicious now. Not only that, but you were also the first to approach me at the port before even his own guard. My ship is large, they would have seen it by now. They are likely looking for its captain. I am easy to spot when compared to others here, and I can only imagine they have already sent someone here to listen in to what we may be saying." He sets the cup down "You wish to play a game of guile and yet you've failed the first steps."

"So at this point, if this spy of the Jarl has heard what you just said, he could go to my ship, kill all my people, kill all your people, and then have both of us executed." He says, grimly as he reaches for his sword. He then smiles and shrugs "Or im being paranoid. In estalia though that's how it is. I think you would have been poisoned by the evening."

"But, to answer youre question, I'll start high. A force strong enough to sail to Estalia and take Nezerio, a city on the western coast. Also, may I ask...do you have a pen and paper? I like to have one when I make buisness dealings."

Spoiler: And now..A charm Roll
    Show

(1d100)[2] VS 66 if this counts as scheming and if Bohdi is considered noble.

14. - Top - End - #614

Goblin

Groktur looks up sharply as he hears Valek's words, and his lips peel back into a feral grin.

More were coming to answer his call.

The lack of the Breaker was disappointing, but a problem for another time. With these returning beasts, he would find out the truth quickly enough.

The most important question was whether the new arrivals would follow him willingly, or would they have to be forced?

He grips his spear tightly, motioning for his beasts to ready their own weapons in preparation.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Titan in the Playground

Morgul

The shaman strokes his long beard with his lower arms pondering where might bet best to go before nodding. "I do Hygd seer. We head to forest. Go to Herdstone. Herdstone strong in dhar and steeped in sacrifice." He points his head outside the door of the hovel bellowing at the thralls before ducking back in and gesturing to the demon, Larus and the rest. "Come, come. Must move fast before night fall and green star land. All will change when green star lands."

Gesturing, shepherding and cajoling he heads out of the village and plunges deep into the forest. Around them the thick trees, snow, mud and close in on all sides before, after an hour or so they open up into a clearing. Bones, rocks, blood smeared stones and crude idols and run carved slabs are dominant here along with the massive herdstone in the centre of the room.

Edit:

Seeing the bray's and gors of Grokturs tribe Morgul raises his hands to stop the thralls and approaches Groktur. "Groktur chief. Green Star bring demons of god's. Witch of Bretons now home to a demon" He points at Colette's limp form, "Demon need place of power to take girl. Morgul know herdstone is heart of God's power. Stronger than manling chambers."

He gestures to the thralls and the rest. "Will Groktur let demon birth here in shadow of Stone. Power follows creature of God's. Creature linked to Green Star and the moon's rise. Portents follow tonight. Groktur watch Groktur see what it bring tribe?"

Assuming Groktur nods his assent....

As the thralls and the chains arrive in the clearing he glances at the demon and at hygd. "What ritual want Azrac demon? Tell Morgul and Hydg we help seal body to you." He snarls at the nearby bray's and thralls eager to start this ritual.
    Last edited by DrK; 2020-04-03 at 04:30 PM.

16. - Top - End - #616
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
    "Indeed," Larus replies with a cold smile. "But the hand of the gods is surely at work here. The demon - Azrac - says that it was bound within the idols in the Sea Tyrant's tomb until Colette came near, and that was not through any plan of mine," he continues with a shrug.
    'Stuck in a rock for that long. I assume it's bored?' Egil gestures at the chains, 'That for the girl or this thing stuck inside her?'

17. - Top - End - #617
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"Who's to say?" Lárus replies. "Maybe both? If the demon is telling the truth about what will be the result of the ritual, I care not either way."

18. - Top - End - #618

Goblin

(unsure of time placement between what's happening with Morgul and Groktur's 'sidequest')

Groktur had been aware of the interlopers ever since they had entered the forest, and his ungors had been shadowing them as they made their way towards the herdstone. As they enter the clearing, Groktur and his gors stand between them and the herdstone, while the ungors bleed out of the forest behind them, weapons drawn and readied.

Groktur steps forwards towards Morgul, spear gripped and teeth bared in a snarl.

"You should not have come here, shaman. You, who are not even of the herd, bring softskins and daemons into our forest? You should know better."

He looks around, and sighs.

"But... I will not defy the Gods by robbing them of a weapon. Do what you must, but do not test my patience ever again."

He motions his herd to allow them to pass, albeit reluctantly.

19. - Top - End - #619
    Ettin in the Playground

Egil will follow Morgul until this business was concluded. Either the plan would work as the Shaman believed or he would need someone to back him up. Either way it would be something to see.

The attitude of the Beastmen to this intrusion was easy to understand, but you didn't deal with threats, even implied threats by backing down. To show weakness was to give people ideas. While Groktur was speaking, Egil will stare levelly at the closest Gor who looked like he was thinking about attacking him.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

To see if this works
    Intimidate vs. Str 41 (+10 Menacing)
    (1d100)[46]

20. - Top - End - #620
    Ogre in the Playground

Groktur

It took a somewhat short amount of time for the various beastmen who had fled, wounded, from Khosros the Breaker’s ill-fated excursion. When they had all gathered, Valek flanked Groktur as the Caprigor inspected the rag-tag group that had assembled before him.

In total, there were nine more Gors, two Brays, and a full nineteen Ungors. And the hideously mutated forms of two tuskgors huddled in the aft of the group, broken black spear shafts still sprouting from their furred hides.

All were wounded, mostly light and superficial, but enough that they had not remained behind to fight for a warherd that spent lives on foolish past times.

The one that caught Groktur’s eye the most, however, was a hulking mass of flesh distended across rippling muscles. Most of its fur was patchy, at best, revealing brassy skin beneath the tattered full mail it wore.

The ram-headed Khorngor stood somewhat hunched over, and Groktur saw the weeping brand of the Skull Lord upon its brow between the two curling horns.

“Groktur Chief!” The bestigor bellowed loudly, thrusting the notched great axe it carried high into the air. “I Kyuz! Once Frostgrave. Now free. Pledge axe to Groktur Chief!”

Antonio

The wine that had been served to Antonio was not something he’d ever had the experience of sampling before. It was thick and richly sweet, with the alcoholic tang of fermentation as a heavy undercurrent. Antonio wasn’t entirely sure, but he thought the wine might have been made from honey.

Bodhi listened intently, to her credit, as Antonio gushed about subtlety and the nuances of diplomacy. The Estalian wasn’t entirely able to infer any sort of reaction in her to his words; she simply reclined lazily in her chair, a thumb running across the pewter rim of her tankard thoughtfully.

Eventually, she sighed and set the now drained tankard aside and rose from the chair. Making her way across the room to a small desk, she pulled a few scraps of papyrus from under a candleholder crafted out of what appeared to be a goblin skull.

Setting them down in front of Antonio along with a half-filled vial of ink and a large feather quill, Bodhi eventually returned to her own chair with a wolfish grin.

“Subtlety has its place, but I prefer to be more forthright. Whether you see it as a virtue or not, is entirely your choice. I won’t begrudge you it one way or another. But I am no sniveling Vikti or Seer who needs bandy words about to get what I desire.” She began, leaning back and clasping her hands together under her chin.

“And I may be poisoned, but I’d at least take a few with me before I went. If such was the Gods will, so be it. Now…as to your request. How large of a force would it require to take this…Nezerio? I have no issues with bringing war to the South, once we have consolidated our power here in the North.”

Groktur, Morgul, Egil, Larus, Bjorni

When the crew of the Red Song arrived in the dark forest to the north of Winterscorn Hold, it appeared to be somewhat more crowded than they expected. While there was bits of news that the Frostgrave herd had vacated the vale, it seemed Groktur had been accumulating the foundation of a new warherd himself.

Groktur was looming near the Herdstone, flanked by handful of his best warriors, including a brassy furred abomination whose brow bore the Mark of the Blood God as a weeping brand. As they entered the clearing, one of the gors that Egil had heard named Valek, growled a deep and rumbling sound of displeasure – thought a sharp glance from Egil was enough to silence the beast with a downturned gaze.

They had brought Colette upon a makeshift stretcher, carried by Sigrun and Gunnar, as it appeared her physical bodies deterioration was speeding up. She looked somewhat emaciated, less the beautiful fair-haired Grail Maiden and now some malnourished slave to Darkness. She wept tears of blood, and the splits in her lips and gums were now leaking thick black ichor – which seemed to pulse in veins that stood out angrily against her palid flesh.

When she was placed before the Herdstone, several of the reavers began to bind her body in the chains – coiling the lengths of iron about limbs and torso – as Azrac had instructed.

Hygd had made a paste of noxious herbs and vile unguents, and she was painting sigils of unholy power upon Colettes body in preparation.

“You…sure this is a good idea?” Ulf leaned in to ask Larus in a hushed voice, “I don’t like the thought of daemons among us.”

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

For Hygd:
    Channelling (1d100)[8]
    Casting Roll (2d10)[6][2](8)

@DrK: Please make a casting roll for Morgul for the ritual to bind Azrac.

21. - Top - End - #621
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Antonio looks down at his drink tilting his head at the taste. It wasn't bad, just new. He..somewhat enjoyed the taste. Not as much as a classic grape wine but it was an enjoyable change of pace. He takes another drink.

He then takes a hold of the ink and paper, writing down a few notes to help him in his own thought process "There's something to be said about your boldness though. It may take someone by surprise.
    Even better, it may make others underestimate your potential for scheming. Now, as for men? Certainly more than 20. I'd say more than 500 honestly. 750 is the least I could think, but it can fluctuate depending on how the city would be taken..or raided. A frontal assault by boat would certainly need ore. Nezerio has a navy and several cannons to defend its shore. Attacking by land would have us smash against there walls, where they have several advantages. I would need to be updated on what's going on within the city to know any other strategies. Estalia as a whole hasn't had to deal with the forces of the north. They spend most of their time squabbling with eachother, free of our gods influences. They're what you'd call..soft. A single norscan reaver might be able to send groups of them fleeing in the other direction..if not flying through the air in pieces. That is if Im not underestimating a norscan's ferocity. I had also thought of posing as new mercenaries to serve them and attacking while inside there walls. Unfortunately, I'd need to disguise myself for such a thing..my face is known to many within that city. Still, the specifics of this can wait for the future..for now..why dont we scheme about what you may need?"

"How exactly do you plan on killing this jarl? A duel? A Coup? An Assassination of some kind? Have you courted any other allies like me? Or am I your first? If you need to know, I have 20 people with me that are capable combatants, not counting a champion of mine, Nkobe. He is..skilled. incredibly so. The others have..different talents. There skilled as spies and recruiters. However, they are all skilled in the way of crossbows and other ranged weaponry, A few of them are even capable of using said weapons on the back of horses."

22. - Top - End - #622
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Erulasto View Post
    “You…sure this is a good idea?” Ulf leaned in to ask Larus in a hushed voice, “I don’t like the thought of daemons among us.”
    "It was not my original intent, but a daemon of Tchar has seized the girl as his prize. What would you have me do? Ask it nicely to leave after having been trapped in those idols for a thousand years? No, we must play the hand the gods have dealt us, and right now that means dealing with this daemon. If the ritual works, then we shall have a powerful new weapon. But if the daemon proves...fickle...then we will raise our swords, say our prayers to Kharnath, and cut it to pieces," Lárus answers in a harsh whisper. "Either way, we shall have the favour of one or the other of the Four Brothers."
    Last edited by rax; 2020-04-07 at 03:51 PM.

23. - Top - End - #623
    Ettin in the Playground

Egil thought that Ulf had a point, but didn't want to voice such worries in front of everyone. 'So if one of us say had to cut the girl in half. Even with that thing inside her. What exactly would happen?' He had to wonder what the possession felt like for the girl given the effect it was having on her.

'If it can be useful than fair enough, but if it decides to eat one of us just for the hell of it....' He trails off. With anything mortal Egil felt he could find a way to make it hurt if he had to. With a Daemon, who knew.

24. - Top - End - #624

Goblin

Moving to greet the new arrivals, Groktur thumps his chest with his spear arm in welcome.

"Hail Kyuz! Chosen of Blood God! Welcome all! All are welcome! Do you bring word of Breaker?"

Motioning to all his beasts, Groktur sweeps his spear wide, before raising it high:

"Reforged Warherd strong! Strength where Breaker taught weakness! Groktur Chief! Groktur lead all to greatness!"
    Last edited by Morovir; 2020-04-08 at 07:50 AM.

25. - Top - End - #625
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Bjorni watched the ritual intently, more interested in gleaming whatever wisdom he could that in the seeming clash of wills within the growing warherd and his group. Not to mention the terrifying khornate who followed Groktur now.

Still, he wasn't completely detached from the conversation and chimed in "If we cut it in half? it'll bleed, it may survive the wound and try to give it back, but Larus has the right of it, the servants of the gods are just as us in this dream, waiting for an axe to send them back."

26. - Top - End - #626
    Ogre in the Playground

Antonio

“An attack by sea on this city of yours is a non-issue. We spend our summers reaving along the coast of the Empire, and sometimes even further South. We could get the warriors you need there, of that I am confident.”

Bodhi stood from her chair and paced over to the hearth, the fire within sputtering and popping from a strange combination of wood and rendered fats.

“As for the current problem at hand; the Jarl. We have a few plans in place that will help us gather the last of the support we need. I would offer Aemon a duel, though I do not suspect the fat fool would consent to such. That is part of the problem. He is not as willing to risk his own life for the glory of our Gods, nor the glory of his people.”

“For now,” Bodhi began, turning to face Antonio once more, “I would simply ask that you and your own people keep a vigilant eye open. We will discuss the specifics as we approach the appropriate time. There is to be no internecine strife on Geheimnisnacht. Even his little Vikti sycophant will honor that.”

Groktur, Morgul, Egil, Larus and Bjorni

After Colette was bound before the Herdstone, the few reavers that had accompanied the crew of the Red Song to the dark forest scurried back as if afraid to stand in the shadow of the dark monolith for longer than they had to.

Nine thralls had been gathered, no more and no less. It was a sacred number to the Architect of Fate, who was the inscrutable Master that the daemonic entity inside Colette claimed to serve.

There was nothing overly special about these thralls. They were a mix of young and old, more likely whomever was handy at the time of gathering.

Morgul and Hygd had come together before the Herdstone, each working their own wills upon the Winds of Magic. The power between the two of them was immense, filling the air with a cloying scent of rot and ozone and the sickly sweet tang of blood. Dhar was sputtering up from the very earth around the Herdstone like oil bubbling up from a rent in the Earth.

As the Bray-Shaman pulled dark and twisted strands of magic from the land, Hygd worked to lay them upon the chains, binding the dark magic into corporeal forms.

“Be ready.” Hygd said, voice thick with the strain of her magics. “Breathstealer. It will be up to you to water the dark gardens here with the life-blood. Slay each thrall in turn, nine counts apart, and cast their bodies down before the stone!”

27. - Top - End - #627
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Lárus draws his dagger and steps up behind the first thrall. Forcing the old man to his knees, he pulls back his head and lays the blade against his throat, waiting for the signal to cut.

"Do not fear, old one. I will be quick and you will wake from your nightmare at last," he whispers to the terrified man.

OOC: Lárus does as instructed.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Antonio leans on his hand, tapping a finger on the armrest of his chair. "Good, I've heard Norscans are surprisingly skilled sailors, even when compared to us southerners. takes a great amount of skill to survive such harsh waves on longships. I'd be willing to help you...if you're willing to help me."

Antonio leans forward "A duel would make sense. The Strong Survive quite well in the North so I hear. Even in Estalia strength of arms is respected, and dueling is a popular past time. But, it seems he won't accept your offer. What if I could..assist in this matter?"He uncrosses his legs opening his arms "Why not offer you a bit of Estalian Intrigue? I will go to this Jarl of yours, and Convince him to trust me. I'll tell him quite plainly. You have grown tired of him avoiding your challenges, and you have decided instead to plan a coup. You met with me, and several other raider captains to attack him in his home in the dead of night. I betrayed you because it would be far simpler to work with him for an army then some upstart raider girl. I would detail to him a location of your meeting with these other captains, and convince him that all he needs to do is bring a few of his personal guard and himself to apprehend you and your cohorts. I'll tell him that it shouldn't be more then four of you there, since you can't risk the secret coming out to the general populace. Once he arrives there, however, with me and some of my servants in tow, we ambush him at the sight, and force him to accept the deal...or else we'll drown him. A Death with no glory, no satisfaction, and filled with humiliation. If anything, you gain the favor of The Architect of Fate for the Scheme, or My Master of Excess for provided an outstanding amount of utter humiliation for the old man. If he Accepts the Duel, then you earn the Favor of The Bloodgod for the battle...not to mention the deaths of his honor guard as well."

29. - Top - End - #629
    Ettin in the Playground

'Well. We can always get more thralls.' Egil mutters. The issue of the significance of the numbers had always confused him. If one of the Gods demanded a sacrifice why stop at a particular number

30. - Top - End - #630

Goblin

Groktur and his enlarged warherd gather around the herdstone. Although they do nothing for now, they only await the word from their chieftain to move in and slay the interlopers for their effrontery.