New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Black Dragon's Den XIV

The Tengu immediately turns and crows her support at the word “treasure” while her opponent rolls her eyes.
    The other two reptilians also step up immediately.
    The ork tries to look busy with his book. The human lady turns to listen but doesn’t say anything just yet.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #422
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Well, it was made by space aliens, but it's good stuff. Dark, slow-yeasts. Solid drink."
    Omiko shivers, it's reported that the bird is aboard, metaphorically, and the different pieces of her are busy with their drinks, paying less attention to their host cat-monster.
    She shakes her hand to disperse the mouth there and get its attention, and quickly draws a mystic star on the bar, from which emerges a small liquor bottle.
    "A sample."

Then she turns a bit in her seat and gestures to the assorted toughs and patrons.
    "Gather round, all of you. I've got a ship and a map and most of a crew, and I need some brave and qualified sorts to venture into the lost city with me to claim its treasures."
    "You're in, you're in, you're...going to have to convince me, and what do you think, Miss?" she says, counting off the tengu, the bangaa, the kobold, and the normal woman, respectively. The guy in blue, he's got a bone, but he is small, and her familiar is whispering her bad things about kobolds.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #423
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kosh considers the rum. Good colour. Smell's ok. He takes a sip, rolling it around his mouth. Playing pretty nice with the brandy he just drank. Not the best rum he's ever had (obviously) but it'll do. A'right, I'm in. He says, setting it down. He doesn't entertain the possibility that he'll be refused. Send word to Oshurfeb, I'll be adventuring. He tells the barkeep, before draining the rest of his brandy and standing up. Where to? He asks Omiko.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ogre in the Playground

The bangaa grins and sits down nearby. The Tengu whispers something to the Krogan who groans, before the two of them split the pot of coins down the middle and pocket their halves. She sits down as well.
    The kobold gives Omiko a mighty flex of his muscles. Which would honesty be extremely impressive if he were a species three feet taller. When this inevitably doesn’t work he leaves in a huff.
    “I think that you’ve got a lot of tough customers here, ma’am. Your job sounds mighty exciting but how do I know it’s on the up and up? And what guarantee do I have we’re coming back?” Asks the human lady.

5. - Top - End - #425

The dwarf is not refused.
    "Welcome aboard!" Omiko tells him, offering a robot hand to shake.
    She tells the new adventurers which dock they're at and when they'll be leaving before turning to this reluctant human.
    "Nothing on the high seas is on the up&up. Anyone who says otherwise just isn't admitting how dodgy they truly are. But we've got an excellent medic and have never marooned anyone on a deserted isle."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #426
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kosh scoops up the rum to take with him and heads on out the door to the dock.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ogre in the Playground

The woman stares at Omiko for a few seconds.
    “Well, you ought to be offering some serious pay, then. We’ll see what I think in a few hours.” She says eventually, draining her liquor in one pull and leaving with the rest.

8. - Top - End - #428

Omiko stares at the human skeptically until she leaves.
    No enthusiasm there. Disappointing.
    Then she finishes her various drinks - if only she could actually get drunk like the rest of these poor folks! - calls to let everyone know to expect a few new adventurers aboard, and then heads out to do a few more things.
    ((The dock and what Kosh can find there will be in the Seaside thread soon))
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #429
    Titan in the Playground

Amalungak and Thryscir should arrive here after a trip from the King in Rags' gloomy swamp lair. The elf looks around uncertainly.

"Well, here we are. I've heard it's a somewhat popular drinking establishment, but I've never been here before. Nor do I frequent such places, normally. There certainly are none where I come from."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Grinning, Thryscir says, "Ah, a place as grungy and grimy as this is just where I'm at home!" He takes it all in for a moment, then claps his hands together.

"Well then, shall we go to the bar and see what they've got?" Thryscir's tone makes it clear he believes this is the only correct choice of action.
    After 2 years of silence, I reappear!

Place your bets now, how long until I disappear again

11. - Top - End - #431
    Titan in the Playground

Amalungak nods and heads over to the bar. He seems visibly surprised when he sees the menu.

"They've got kumis. Just like at home. I didn't expect that."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Thryscir looks over the menu, and laughs a little. "Seems like they've got everything here! I like this place more by the minute!"

13. - Top - End - #433
    Titan in the Playground

Amalungak looks uncertain for a moment before speaking.

"Forgive me if I'm being rude, but how do you... still drink?"

14. - Top - End - #434
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Thryscir shrugs, and barks out a short laugh. "No idea! I pour it into my mouth, it disappears, and it somehow affects me the way it affects you, or another person, though to a slightly lesser extent! But hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!" Putting the menu down, he says, "I'm thinking vodka."

15. - Top - End - #435
    Titan in the Playground

Amalungak tilts his head.

"If it works. I've never met a person who worked like that, but then I've met few undead in general. Many mystics deal with them extensively, but my interests lay elsewhere."

16. - Top - End - #436
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Thryscir nods. "Undead are pretty boring, to be perfectly honest. The ones that have sapience are relatively fun, but most of them are just...eh."

17. - Top - End - #437
    Titan in the Playground

"I have mostly encountered mummies, left behind by some long-forgotten human civilization," Amalungak says. "I don't know if the humans had intended them to rise again or just preserve them in the cold. But they weren't particularly lucid, either way."

18. - Top - End - #438
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Thryscir nods. "I've been through quiet a few worlds, and I don't think I have met more than one or two sapient mummies." He strokes his jawbone. "Come to think of it, that was something that was pretty standard throughout the worlds I've experienced, undead not being capable of thinking most of the time."

19. - Top - End - #439
    Titan in the Playground

"It's not particularly difficult for a dead body to rise, but it takes far more, by chance of effort, for a mind to remain after death," Amalungak says. He clearly knows a thing or two about the subject. "Without a mortal anchor, they tend to... dissipate. Or just wither."

20. - Top - End - #440
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Thryscir nods. "Makes sense. I, personally, am not too knowledgeable about magic." He shrugs. "Too much boring study for me."

21. - Top - End - #441
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, you seem to be a... man of action." Amalungak almost said "skeleton of action", but that might not have gone well. "My people aren't like that. They study history and nature and refrain from fighting. But there are few mystics like me among them. And of course there are sections of lore they scrupulously ignore and which I couldn't help but pick at. Which is why I am here."

22. - Top - End - #442
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Thryscir ignores the man of action comment, not entirely sure whether that was a compliment, a statement, or an insult.

He nods knowingly. "You wanted the truth, they said you couldn't know the truth. Happens to everybody at one point or another." Gesturing at his body, he continues. "I wanted to know how to get this, and what being a lich entailed. I was denied that. So, I found a wizard and got him to spill the beans."

23. - Top - End - #443
    Titan in the Playground

"Indeed? And what does it entail?" Amalungak seems genuinely curious.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

"Well, for one, if I store my soul in an object and then get killed, I just reform near the object. It also means I can't die from old age or disease, at least non-magical disease. It also gives me supernatural strength and constitution." Leaning back, Thryscir nods, satisfied with his own explanation. "Overall, not a bad deal for having to do a dark ritual."

25. - Top - End - #445
    Titan in the Playground

"Reform? Do you mean your body is transported there or regrows there?" Amalungak asks with fresh curiosity. "Creating something out of nothing seems far more common in this land than mine. That you cannot create something from nothing was always told to me as the greatest law of magic, regardless of the origin."

26. - Top - End - #446
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Thryscir shrugs. "I don't really know, to be honest. When I appear next to it I don't regrow any limbs I've lost, but any other kind of damage is gone. It almost seems to be a mixture of the two." He nods at Amalungak's mention of that law of magic. "It does seem to depend on the world, in some places you always need something to make something, in some places you always make something out of nothing, and in some places it's variable."

27. - Top - End - #447
    Titan in the Playground

Amalungak strokes his chin.

"I've heard of many mystics, sorcerers and alchemists who tried to evade death in one way or the other. I don't think any have got as far as you have. But my world is... how do I say it? Diminished. It used to be grand and beautiful, but is now a dim shadow of itself. My- our King fights to bring back at least some of that old fire."
    Last edited by Morty; 2019-11-26 at 02:17 PM.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Orc in the Playground

There's a ring resting on one of the tables. It's a copper ring, made of two thick copper wires braided together, and set with a piece of quartz. It's not a very big ring, yet any who walk past the table might spot it out the corner of their eye; a subtle piece of attention-noticing magic.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ogre in the Playground

Sexy humanoid Reinholdt must be bar hopping today since he ended up here for some reason. Well, the reason isn't too hard to guess. Rein wants alcohol. It takes more and more these days to get properly drunk.

But that just means more opportunities to find things other people leave behind. Like a ring. Which he quietly palms, slipping it on his finger as if it had always been there and no one should second guess this fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Orc in the Playground

Result: 1.

The ring fits perfectly. And unlike some magical rings that fit perfectly after they're put on, this one fits perfectly the moment he touches it.

Once it's put on, Reinholdt might feel hungry. He could just eat something. Pizza with garlic oil, perhaps. Or a nice curry with lots of garlic. Whatever he fancies, it's got garlic, and the ring will ensure he's got a craving for garlic. It can be satisfied, but not for too long, and if Reinholdt doesn't like the flavour of garlic, that also doesn't change.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!