New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Black Dragon's Den XIV

The highwaywoman takes a photograph of the table! It's blurry and indistinct. "I, um. Would you... be willing to come to the bathrooms? And, uh, help take cameras of me? Um, after I've taken clothes off?" Certainly an awkward question to ask, but at least they aren't asking to reciprocate.

"I be right, then. Said it was romantic curse with romantic breakage, didn't I? Kissing counts. So's ye just need go find the girl you like, an' kiss her an' e be good. Maybe let Nick Smallwood kiss ye first. Don't know what might happen if ye're no longer the pretty girl who inspired Nick's change when ye try it." Or maybe everyone needs to kiss Annabelle to get cured. Likely an issue there.
    Benedict pulls an antique monocle out of his pocket; the frame is aluminium, and the lens is carved from emerald. He puts it to their face and starts to trace a symbol in the air, white light trailing behind their finger until the symbol is complete. Those behind or immediately next to Benedict, see that it has become a mirror, whilst any in front of it don't see any change, just the glowing light. "Now, that is interesting. I use magic to... adjust my age downwards. Considerably downwards. The curse has removed that magic, yet I remain young. This is something I must study. It might be the end of my search." Benedict looks up at Zeek, eyes wide, dropping the monocle and deftly catching it and returning it to its pocket.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #512
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Domhnall turns around to find the suit lady a guy. Well, that works.
    ”Hey, good for you. I guess that solves that for now.”
    He’ll surreptitiously work a little magic to send Zeek a whispering message
    The cure is kissing apparently
    Quote Originally Posted by Halae View Post
    Annabelle freezes, upon seeing Corvin masculine again, and she doesn't resist when pulled into his lap. It's also noteworthy that she's turned a remarkable shade of red from the neck up, and seems to be almost on the verge of panic. She's in the lap of a guy! And he's really handsome! And forward! And he asked her out!

Wait, what was that last one? Crap, respond, respond! You have to respond!

"Yes?" Annabelle says, entirely worried that this is going to end up as some kind of joke. She really wants this to go well. Corvin's not exactly her first pick - he's a prettyboy rather than the manly sorts she prefers - But she's not going to turn down the invitation, "I mean- I mean, yes! Um. I'm probably going to forget. I'm really drunk."
    "Well that's easily fixed. Where's that card I gave you?" Corvin will pluck the business card back from her hand and flipping it around to expose the back while a pen appears in his other hand. A careful watcher might see he pulled it from a small loop that it had hung from in his sleeve. Scribbling the date and time of the proposed night out along with his signature, personal cell number, and a big loopy heart, Corvin hands it back to her with a grin, "Keep it somewhere you'll see it in the morning and give me a call if you still want to go."
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Troll in the Playground

That is an awkward question. Jason is rather taken aback, even though she was considering a similar thing herself just seconds ago. There's something which still feels wrong about seeing a woman naked that isn't quite there when said woman is herself. "Oh. I'd rather not. Not like this. It wouldn't feel right."
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ogre in the Playground

"O-okay," Annabelle says, taking the new card and, after a moment of looking it over to apparently commit it to memory (good luck with that) she moves it into her robe, where presumably there's an interior pocket.

If Corvin is observant, he may notice another set of eyes on him, as Annabelle's hawk is currently staring at him with disapproval from his spot on Zeek's shoulder.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

5. - Top - End - #515

"That might be it," Zeek reasons. "Need to kiss the person who caused you to change in the first place. For me it was-"

Zee glances over at the drow man who was previously a drow woman and is now flipping the heck out.

Which...

Y'know.

Is understandable.

Given drow culture.

"Ooooon second thought I should probably try a few other things first. Probably less stabbing that way."

Yesh.

Don't cross angry drow. Seriously.

"It could just be that you have to kiss someone," Zeek surmises. "Anyone want to help me test that hypothesis?"

Anyone want a smooch from the Captain America Hot looking dude?
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ogre in the Playground

After a second or two, the half-orc rises up onto his feet and looks around as if in a stupor. This was... a lot to take in and his head was still absolutely reeling. As he stands up, he pushes the hair up and out of his face and sets his pointed hat down upon his head, still blinking furiously as he stumbles this way and that.

So many people... and they were all so strange! He runs into Zeek first, nearly collapsing into him.

"Urkh... where, what's... Hi!"

7. - Top - End - #517
    Orc in the Playground

"Oh. OK. Well, um. Thanks for showing me how to take a camera, anyway." The highwaywoman gets up and heads towards the bar's toilets.

"Ah, no. If it breaks the curse on me, I suspect I will lose my apparent youth." And he really doesn't want to be old, not until he's had a chance to figure out if this curse could help him.
    "I always knew ye be older'n yer face. Ye're the most experienced and knowledgeable esotericist I can think of. So, ye're what, under that face? Fifty?" The halfling grins cheekily at Benedict, who frowns back.
    "Sixty seven, actually. But it's not just vanity that motivates me into mimicking youth. The magic that makes me look younger also alleviates my arthritis." Which is one reason why he doesn't like being old; it makes his magic easier if he's able to hold his hand steady.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Firbolg in the Playground

Nadas Xar'cha rolls up to the door, kicks the skateboard up into his hands, slots the wheel away, and rests it over his shoulder as he steps inside, like he's some sort of cool kid.

Oh, huh. There seems to be some commotion here tonight, doesn't there? And none of the staff seem to be around. Looks like an explosion just went off.
    "Has anyone seen Raril today?" he asks. He considers correcting it to "Might I inquire whether anyone here has seen the proprietor this evening?" but no one has really seemed to notice or care about his increasingly out-of-character actions.

And who is that freaking out over there? Looks familiar, does he know her brother? Seen her distantly at a temple? Better steer clear either way.
    Maybe just get a seat at the corner bar.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2020-01-06 at 06:03 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #519
    Troll in the Playground

Jason isn't sure what to do now. She absently smooths her hair out, checking to make sure it looks good in her phone camera. Then the hot guy (who was probably a lady before) asks for a volunteer to kiss him. Should she do it? On one hand, she wants to get back to normal as quickly as possible, but on the other, doing anything even slightly romantic while in this form would feel really weird. She's not sure she's comfortable with it. She deliberates for a little while, before nervously standing and speaking up, rather quietly, "I'll try it."

My Nexus characters

10. - Top - End - #520

Zeek is bumped into by a half-orc!

Sometimes half-orcs bump into you, that's just how things go.

"Hey," he says, steadying the half-human. "There's a visually contagious curse going around so you might want to cover your eyes for a bit. Also that entrance of yours was pretty familiar. Another guy popped in like that across town the other day."

Useful information!

And then...

What's this?

A volunteer?

"Hey don't worry too much I think this is awkward for basically everyone," Zeek replies with a winning smile. "Except maybe that guy over there he seems pretty suave."

Then?

He'll put an arm around Jason's shoulder and-!

SMOOCH!

Huh. Zee has changed back! Which means her clothing is all baggy now since she just lost about three inches of height. Zee's pretty tall, actually. About five feet eleven inches. And also pretty darn athletic in build, like what you would expect from a triathlon runner. Her hair is back to black again, but otherwise she's recognizable. Almost like she could be the sister of the guy she just was. And unlike the guy, who was smokin' hot she's fairly plain. The sort of face that would be lost in a crowd of NPCs easily enough.

But the question is, did Jason change back too?

11. - Top - End - #521
    Troll in the Playground

Jason is kissed. Honestly she's not sure what to think of it, but she can feel the change wash over Zeek as he turns back into Zee. She pulls away, and is rather surprised to find that she is still an attractive woman and not back to her normal self. She looks up at Zee. Her original height was about the same as the bartender's, but while cursed she's significantly shorter. "What? Why did you change back but not me?" She also offhandedly recognizes Zee as the bartender in Trog's tavern, but that's neither here nor there.

My Nexus characters

12. - Top - End - #522

"Good question," Zee replies, stepping back and looking down at her chest. At least her shirt's cut is baggy enough that isn't a problem. She'll have to get her bra back on before she rearranges her clothing again. Being woman-shaped makes clothing so much more fiddly. Everything needs to have all the parts right. Guys don't have to worry about quite so many measurements.

And measurements that make zero sense.

And pants without pockets.

Thankfully Zee can just grow her own clothing. Usually makes it along with her body. That allows her to have as many pockets as she wants! The pockets are hers, all of them! Bwah ha ha!

Has she still got a bunch of birds?

Yes.

Still has birds all over her.

Great. What's next?

"There must be something about the curse that we're missing," Zee reasons, rubbing her chin thoughtfully. "I was thinking maybe it worked with anyone. Just have to kiss them. But I don't think that's it. Or maybe you have to kiss the person that triggered the curse on you. But you didn't trigger mine, that guy-"

She points at the male drow who is flipping the heck out.

"-did. Right before he went ballistic. So this might have something to do with the way it mutates each time it jumps? The precise effect it has on people and the way it gets broken changes. Sometimes. Maybe? Curses really aren't my thing. Try kissing whoever you think you caught it from? hat might fix it."

13. - Top - End - #523
    Troll in the Playground

Jason looks around. If what Zee says is correct, then she should try to kiss the lady she saw right before she changed. Now where was she? Jason looks around, but doesn't see the nerdy woman anywhere. "I can't find her," she moans. How's she going to turn back now? She looks slightly panicked at the thought.

My Nexus characters

14. - Top - End - #524

"Hey hey, none of that now," Zee says as Jason starts showing signs of losing it. "Everything's going to be alright. If nothing else there are a few places around the City that specialize in breaking curses. You're going to be okay. Think about the person you saw. Give me some more details to work with and I can help you look too, okay?"

Everything is spoken in a clam, reassuring tone.

Zee is helping!

She likes helping.

"Adversity isn't a bad thing. It's a chance to do better. Maybe a chance to meet some people!"

The totally normal human female offers a hand.

"I'm Zee, the barmaid over at Trog's Tavern. Raril, the owner of the Den? He's my husband. We've kinda got a corner on the bar businesses around the City now that I think about it."

Technically Zee doesn't own Trog's.

Trog owns Trog's.

But he's rarely seen and she has to kinda pick up the slack. Who else would make sure Cosmo maintains his lovely demeanor?

"So who are you? What do you do around the Nexus aside from being inflicted with the tyranny of boobs?"

15. - Top - End - #525
    Troll in the Playground

"She was about five feet tall, straight black hair about as long as mine is now, glasses. Curvy too, but that describes almost every woman in here right now." Jason has a good knack for faces, so she can remember well what the woman looked like. She listens as Zee continues. Tyranny of..." It's an odd expression, odder still coming from a natural woman, but not inaccurate. "I'm Jason Fisher. I'm with NERD." Not that NERD does much nowadays, or ever, really. Zee's words have prompted her to look down at her chest, and she has a thought. "If not everyone gets uncursed right away, we're going to need proper clothes."

My Nexus characters

16. - Top - End - #526

The expression is likely a joke of some kind.

Zee thinks it's funny! Especially since stuff like this happens every now and again. Now, she's not big on people getting transformed against their will but given the regularity with which stuff like this used to happen?

Totally a joke in there somewhere. Less of a joke considering how contagious this all is.

"Jason from NERD, huh? That's the super hero org right?" Zee asks. "I've always tried to avoid org membership myself. Better to stay neutral I say. Help whoever needs help."

And right now?

All these guys who have been turned into girls need help.

"Probably. Shopping for women's clothing is a pain. That's why I just make my own," Zee says with a sagely nod. "I'm going to step back and bit and see if I can't find your friend, okay?"

And then?

She does.

Which causes her to promptly stop existing.

*Doop!*

Those in the Den may get the impression of something very large looming over them, though quite obviously there isn't anything there. There's a nebulous sensation of awe, fear mixed with wonder.

Yezekiel is just chilling a few steps sideways in time, peering down on the Den and surrounding area from outside reality. It makes it a little easier to look for a specific thing! Especially if the thing in question is a person who has fled the Den in terror and is now spreading the curse.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Troll in the Playground

"You make your own clothes?" Jason is surprisingly jealous. If she could create her own clothes, she wouldn't be wearing these uncomfortable men's clothes.
    Zee will see that outside the Den, the curse has already begun to spread. People walking past the bar and looking into the windows or fleeing the bar after being cursed have managed to infect much of the surrounding area, and panicked, genderbent people are everywhere. Amidst the chaos, the woman of Jason's description is nowhere to be seen. She was one of the first to flee, and she grabbed a cab out of the region in panic almost immediately.

My Nexus characters

18. - Top - End - #528
    Orc in the Playground

After Zee disappears and the feeling of a looming presence makes itself known, Benedict starts to wave a hand. White light follows the finger being used to draw in the air, and a simple lens is created in the air before Benedict. It's moved around by hand, as Benedict examines the room to find where the feeling's coming from.

Meanwhile, the white witch halfling is doing something similar, though her magic works differently to Benedict's. She speaks, but rather than words, a glowing bubble of white light floats from her mouth. The bubble serves as her lens, and she doesn't need to move her hand to move it. Her lens is actually weaker than Benedict's, since she's less experienced and her magic is slightly different.

19. - Top - End - #529

"O-okay," Annabelle says, taking the new card and, after a moment of looking it over to apparently commit it to memory (good luck with that) she moves it into her robe, where presumably there's an interior pocket.

If Corvin is observant, he may notice another set of eyes on him, as Annabelle's hawk is currently staring at him with disapproval from his spot on Zeek's shoulder.
    "Well now, I was about to tell the management or anyone handy to bar the doors but judging by the ruckus outside I think the rats have escaped this particular sinking ship." Corvin raises his voice to be heard better around the noisier than usual bar, "I WOULD ADVISE EVERYONE WHO HASN'T ALREADY BEEN TRANSFORMED TONIGHT TO PUT THEIR HEADS DOWN AND NOT LOOK AT ANYONE WHO HAS. IF YOU HAVE, LET'S ALL MOVE TO ONE SIDE OF THE BAR AND LEAVE THE OTHERS ON THE OTHER SIDE. THEN THE STILL UNCURSED CAN FACE THE WALL AND WE CAN TAKE DOWN ANY MIRRORS." He coughs and takes a sip straight from the water pitcher, considering things.

He used to be really good in crisis situations, though now he's trying out just being another pretty face. What next?

Ah right, he also used to have a big muscly dude to get things done, "Hey centaur-my-dude. Would you mind helping round up those of your uncursed ilk? I didn't see you suddenly becoming something else, and I don't think they'd have let you in here wearing all that nothing if you'd originally been a lady. The ones who have been cursed have some complicated show, tell, and kiss to get at, so maybe the others can brainstorm some ideas, assuming there are enough neurons firing underneath the alcohol for lightning to strike."

Corvin will try taking Annabelle by the hand and taking her towards one wall now, enunciating clearly but not straining his voice so much this time, "Everyone try to remember who exactly you were looking at just before or during your change, and then if you're up for it then try kissing that person. If you can't bring yourself to do it, order another drink or we can all wait to be quarantined by whatever branch of civil service handles mass cursings and examined under magic-dissecting doodads until they figure out the counter triggers for each variant of the curse. Or don't. This lovely lady will likely have to be seen to since she's ground zero, but I can keep her company while everyone panics or more capable people than me come up with something." A little voice in the back of his head does remind him he used to be far more capable, magically to match his still quick thinking. He realizes it's his ghostly familiar taunting him and shoots the bird a scowl as it hides behind the hawk and tries to tug one of the actual physical bird's tailfeathers playfully with a bit of poltergeist activity. This does mean that the hawk sees Corvin glare back at it, completely unintentionally.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ebeul. Centaurs are horses." Domhnall says tersely.
    "But sure." he'll go around trying to find people who haven't been cursed.

Eventually though he'll end up back with Annabelle.
    "For the record, Miss. I'm sorry all this happened to you. I'd offer to walk you home, but I don't think that going home is a good idea for a while, 'cause you might zap everyone around you who thinks y're pretty with that curse." He goes red.
    "Oh, uh, not that I think you ain't or anything. Just not into humans, you know?"
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2020-01-07 at 09:41 PM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

21. - Top - End - #531
    Ogre in the Playground

"But I have work tomorrow!" Annabelle says, kind of confused as she's dragged along. Hmm, it seems she doesn't really want to get stuck here overnight. And then Domhnall says something her drunken brain interprets as 'you aren't pretty' without actually listening to the qualification he adds on after. This may well prove to be the worst thing he could have ended up doing in this situation, for Annabelle was already here because she was feeling ugly after being rejected. Now someone felt the need to qualify that he didn't find her attractive too? And being surrounded by a whole lot of attractive people, she's really feeling that problem too.

So now, Annabelle is upset, emotionally overwhelmed, surrounded by people who make her feel inferior, and drunk enough that she isn't thinking through her actions. Her first instinct in this particular event is not to get mad and yell at someone. It's to run and cry.

Tears well up in Annabelle's eyes, she sniffs, turns away, and without waiting for a response, will attempt to teleport away out into the street. Those familiar with magic may realize it's a short-range blink, which will take her... right out into the street. Uh oh. And if they don't catch her before she leaves, she's going to be a blubbering mess alternatingly blinking and running all the way home, since she can't get together enough focus for a longer-range teleportation spell.

The red hawk on Zee's shoulder is, of course, aware of this, and he freaks the hell out, because he knows exactly what this is going to mean for the rest of Inside. His piercing cry is likely going to be deafening right next to Zee's ear, and painful for everyone else to listen to as he lifts off Zee's shoulder to go and screech directly at Domhnall instead.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ogre in the Playground

Domhnall swears something unintelligible as he snatches his coat and takes off after the lady. As can be expected, he is very fast.
    "Miss! Wait! I'm sorry I'm very bad with words!" he calls after her, quite ignoring the bird. He has no time for a screeching raptor right now. Not unless it can tell him what he's supposed to say. Things were always so much easier with Rhea...
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

23. - Top - End - #533

So.

A couple wizards scrying around to try to figure out what that spooky feeling is.

We'll say if the effect can see into the Ethereal plane or equivalent then it should be able to notice Yezekiel when she's lurking perpendicular to reality. However, there's one layer of 'defense' around detecting her. In finger quotes because it really isn't much of a defense at all. Mostly it's juust resistance to provide enough time for a warning.

Appearing in the field of detection they'll see a tiny Zee standing in front of a white screen that has 'WARNING! ACUTE COGNITOHAZARD!' flashing in big bold red letters along with the cognitohazard symbol. Even if the meaning of the symbol is unknown it looks awfully threatening. They'll be given a verbal message from her!

Quote Originally Posted by Warning Message
    "Hi there! I noticed you're trying to scry on me or scrying near me. You should know that direct observation of me is extremely dangerous, so for the sake of your own safety you should end your spell as quickly as possible."
    As the Zee image speaks her human form is rapidly unwinding and glimpses of her true nature begin bleeding through. By the time the message ends and begins repeating itself they have about ten seconds to shut off the spell before bad things happen. Bad like physically touching Yezekiel when she's unbound. With your brain.

Anywho!

Yezekiel can't find anyone who really matches Jason's description. And... lots of people are running off. Just, so many of them. Apparently they didn't want to listen to Zeek or the guy the ghost bird belongs to. Which means this will be a pandemic now. Hooray. Why does she always run into craziness like this whenever she tries to do something normal on screen? It's a real pain in the tail.

Oh well. Nothing to do about it now. They'll just have to deal with the fallout.

The seraphim folds back in on herself, appearing in the Den seemingly out of nowhere. She turns to speak with Jason and oh hey that guy over there is kind of cute.

And then she's Zeek again.

Hooray.

Again.

"You have got to be kidding," Zeek huffs. "It treats the new body as a new person for the purposes of the curse, doesn't it? Ugh.... whatever. Fine! Fine. I didn't see her. She must have teleported out or jumped in a cab or something. Sorry Jason. You're probably going to have to find another way to break the curse."

24. - Top - End - #534
    Troll in the Playground

Jason looks understandably bummed. She also immediately starts thinking about her predicament. "This is a conundrum. I can't go in public without transforming people who see me. I need to go in public to get the curse removed and to get anything I need in the meantime." Like woman's clothes, for instance. "Maybe there's a way to weaken the curse and prevent it from spreading?" That would be helpful just as a temporary solution. If kissing a specific person removes the curse, maybe kissing enough other people would weaken it? No, that's a silly idea.

My Nexus characters

25. - Top - End - #535
    Orc in the Playground

Benedict's spell can see into some nonphysical dimensions, but he listens to the warning and sees enough of the unwinding human shape that he touches the lens and dismisses the effect entirely. He's encountered something similar, though not the same and it created mutants when the magic was strong. He'd rather not be a mutant, so he'll have to keep his eyes to himself until he gets some better protections.

That's not an issue the witch has, though. Her magic isn't as strong as Benedict's, so she's just left staring at the strands of the curse and any peripheral energies leaking from Zee's hiding place outside of area.

Whilst Zee's looking around the building from outside three-dimensional space, she might spot Nick the highwayman trying to take photographs with their phone, and mostly managing to take photographs of their finger (over the lens), photos of the wall slightly to one side of them, and similar failures at recording their current appearance.

26. - Top - End - #536

"But I have work tomorrow!" Annabelle says, kind of confused as she's dragged along. Hmm, it seems she doesn't really want to get stuck here overnight. And then Domhnall says something her drunken brain interprets as 'you aren't pretty' without actually listening to the qualification he adds on after. This may well prove to be the worst thing he could have ended up doing in this situation, for Annabelle was already here because she was feeling ugly after being rejected. Now someone felt the need to qualify that he didn't find her attractive too? And being surrounded by a whole lot of attractive people, she's really feeling that problem too.

So now, Annabelle is upset, emotionally overwhelmed, surrounded by people who make her feel inferior, and drunk enough that she isn't thinking through her actions. Her first instinct in this particular event is not to get mad and yell at someone. It's to run and cry.

Tears well up in Annabelle's eyes, she sniffs, turns away, and without waiting for a response, will attempt to teleport away out into the street. Those familiar with magic may realize it's a short-range blink, which will take her... right out into the street. Uh oh. And if they don't catch her before she leaves, she's going to be a blubbering mess alternatingly blinking and running all the way home, since she can't get together enough focus for a longer-range teleportation spell.

The red hawk on Zee's shoulder is, of course, aware of this, and he freaks the hell out, because he knows exactly what this is going to mean for the rest of Inside. His piercing cry is likely going to be deafening right next to Zee's ear, and painful for everyone else to listen to as he lifts off Zee's shoulder to go and screech directly at Domhnall instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Domhnall swears something unintelligible as he snatches his coat and takes off after the lady. As can be expected, he is very fast.
    "Miss! Wait! I'm sorry I'm very bad with words!" he calls after her, quite ignoring the bird. He has no time for a screeching raptor right now. Not unless it can tell him what he's supposed to say. Things were always so much easier with Rhea...
    "Oh god why is it ALWAYS RUNNING!" First there was that boulder in the temple with the skeletized dead god bleeding fire, then that surprisingly functional ruin full of malevolent clockwork gears, and now even in his retirement Corvin can't escape the running. At least this time he's running towards something and not away.

Still, two men running after a distraught lady spreading cursed changes in her wake could look a little dodgy. Corvin will summon up some of the magic he'd had left over from the bad old days that looked so good from the bottom of an empty glass. His image shifts from ill-fitting, quite strained and rumpled suit to official looking emergency gear. Not distinct enough to belong to any given organization, just looking enough like a generic first responder to make most people decide he must be official. And then having already lost time on the running lady and the quadrupedally gifted Domhnall who managed to fit a whole hoof into his mouth and still gallop out the door, Corvin takes off for the streets of Inside.

Quoth stays behind on one of the tables, the intangible bird cawwing its feathery butt off about its partner's hijinks.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2020-01-08 at 09:31 PM.

27. - Top - End - #537

Okay.

So.

Zeek is kind of annoyed here.

"I'm in the same boat. Kiiiind of," he admits. "I'm pretty sure my natural form would be immune to the curse for... umm... reasons. But every time I go human again it looks like it counts me as a new person to get infected. Which is a pain. That means I either wander around in my natural shape talking really loudly and and shining like a spotlight OR I infect people just by existing."

Zeek would really rather not infect people just by existing.

That would suck.

Being forced to stick to his natural form would kind of suck, too.

There's a reason why he avoids staying in it for any significant period of time.

He likes being normal(ish).

"We could try another kiss? It could be that kissing the person who you got changed by isn't even the cure. The curse is changing each time it jumps after all. And since the curse is totally uncontained now I really doubt this thing is going to go away until it hits the whole population like a really bad cause of the flue."

A case of the flue that creates lewdness.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Troll in the Playground

"We can try that." Jason approaches Zeek again, and she doesn't wait for him to initiate this time, instead reaching up to his face to kiss him. It's still awkward and strange, but she's not quite as uncomfortable with it as last time. She hopes that she'll be back to normal by the time she finishes, but she didn't expect to, and is unsurprised to find herself still afflicted by the "tyranny of boobs" when she pulls away. "That's worrying. So it might not be stopped before all men are women and vice versa. And because of its nature, it would have to be completely wiped out or completely take over before it would stop spreading on its own."

My Nexus characters

29. - Top - End - #539

Zeek doesn't change back this time.

Whoever he caught the curse from had a completely different cure condition and he has absolutely no way of knowing what it is.

Great.

Wonderful!

Fantastic.

"Basically, yeah," Zeek admits with a sigh. "So probably the best bet right now is to try to continue with life as usual and pray really hard that the curse doesn't mutate into something dangerous or lethal in the mean time. Unfortunately all the beings that are powerful enough to actually do anything about this on a wide scale are pretty unlikely to do anything the least bit helpful. So we wait for it to burn itself out and see if we can't find a brute force way to break it since just kissing people probably isn't going to be an option."

He sighs again, exasperated.

"Oh Libra, you really did it this time..."

30. - Top - End - #540
    Troll in the Playground

"Then we should focus on helping the people who are infected get back onto their feet until a better cure can be found. They'll need clothes, explanations for their families, probably time off from work for adjustment." Jason is a superhero after all. She doesn't stop thinking about how to help people just because she's been turned into a woman. "Classes in exercise and just moving about would help too, so people can get used to their new bodies." Jason can tell that she won't be able to fight effectively like this, not until she gets some practice. Her balance is all different.

My Nexus characters