New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Entry Hall]

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    Julie, black-haired young woman, sits in the pod, taking the long trip and mentally preparing for what she assumes will happen upon arriving there.

How long as hit been since she's been there last? Probably...last time she was there was when they were trying out that merger with Watchtower. Julie laughs. Those were good times. She can still remember...

...Anyway. Is she ready for this? She looks down, making sure she has all her props. Come on, girl, stick to the script this time, she tells herself. Keep it believable. She's wearing that sci-fi watch on her right wrist, check. It's actually a recording device, so there's that. In her leather jacket's pocket is some magic transformation orb that'll let her temporarily alter someone's appearance for an hour. Check. She pats down her other pockets...oh, shoot, she forgot that piece of paper. Oh well, changing her plans on the ride there isn't that bad, right? Just a little bit ought to be fine, so long as she doesn't take it too far and tries to not improv too much. And...anything else?

Nope.

She is feeling a little apprehensive, though: HALO's deep underwater and closed off from large open spaces. If her magic builds up too much, will there be...nah. She's probably fine. So long as there's not a lot of ambient magic or spellcasters or whatever, everything's (probably) fine.

Julie arrives into the base. Since she's been here before she knows the basic way around (she did give a couple of tours around the base, after all) but...it's probably best to pretend she doesn't know so much.
    Honeysuckle, black-haired young woman, ducks into the arrival hall to see who's showing up on the shuttlepod. She is going in circles on studying this impossible disease, and any distraction will do.

Other than the hair-color, I don't think she probably looks much like Julie. You might say she comes from the opposite side of the world, if you were on earth, and her ears are fluffy and high up on her head. She has two semi-floofy tails, and a lab coat instead of a leather jacket.

Perhaps most importantly here, there's magic leaking around the edges of her completely opaque spring-loaded metal goggles.

"Welcome to HALO. I don't...think I know you."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #332
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Entry Hall]

"Oh! Hi," says the woman Julie. She holds her hand out to shake. "That's too bad. I used to be here a lot a long time ago, so I was hoping people would still remember me." It's all a lie, as usual. Noticing the labcoat (pretty easy to notice, actually) she asks, "So you some sort of doctor? Or more of a sciency-person?"

If only she bothered to use some sort of way to detect magic, she'd figure out that hanging around here by her is probably a bad idea, but unfortunately Julie doesn't pay enough attention.

"Oh! And, by the way," she adds, "I'm Juliet, but my friends sometimes call me Juleka." There, she said two names so that way if she forgets which one she's going by then she has twice as much chance to get it right.
    Genius move, checkmate.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

3. - Top - End - #333

Default [Entry Hall]

"You were a member in the old days, Juleka? You should probably talk to Felandria then."

Honeysuckle takes Juliet's hand and shakes it, carefully.
    "I'm Honeysuckle, and I'm some sort of science girl now, I guess. We need all the help we can get with this weird disease thing going on in Inside."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #334

Default [Entry Hall]

Juliet nods. "Okay, I'll make sure to keep an eye out for her," she says. If Felandria is the person to talk to for being an old member, Juliet now knows who she should probably try to avoid. Mental checklist: prank Reinholdt, avoid Felandria. Okay, good. Checklists are fancy ways to keep track of what you have to do.

Anyway. "Oh, a disease? That sounds awful, I hope people are keeping up on their vaccinations."
    Pause.
    "I'm actually kind of a doctor-person myself. Been helping out over at GLoG every once in a while." Of course, any time she's been helping out has been entirely off-screen since she volunteered way back when, since her player's been away and busy, and hasn't been able to figure out a way to get her back in there without making it really awkward.

Unknown to herself, Juleka continues to absorb some of the magic.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

HALO Phone

I should probably feel insulted by that. Who's to say I couldn't have figured all that out? Nigel says, making more notes. Notes are important! Mostly he seems to be moving his mouth for the joy of it rather than actually feeling insulted. You have any idea where the science team in Inside is based yet? He asks, coming upon another one of his notes. That was her job! He remembers that. If we can capture any of their agents maybe we can look through their memories with magic or something. He knows magic can do that.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    Returning

Yeah. So, anyone non-human you talked to on your way in... Nigel throws up his hands in a "what are you gonna do" way. Anyway, lemme know when I can grab some blood, preferably before you start vividly hallucinating, and let me know if you spoke to any orcs, goblins, snake people, whatever the hell you have here on your way in. Nigel says, picking up the vampire blood and looking at it. This definitely makes the most sense out of all of the samples he's gotten, and apparently he's not going to be able to work with any fresh samples, so this will have to do. If Rein wants to say anything else before Nigel starts messing around with the science then now's the time.
    [Returning]

Surely Nigel considers anything he gets out of Rein a fresh sample. Why the doctor's best materials might just be that darn cat.

Rein kicks aside the useless suit. "Just hurry up and take the blood nyow so I don't have to deal with it later. On the way in I ran into meow and meowed to meow and meow." Reinholdt says, staring at Nigel as if everything were completely normal and he didn't just meow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #337

Returning

Oh dear. Better be quick then. Nigel picks up his syringe again and hurries over to Rein, trying to hide his concern. Great, I'll make sure to note that down. He reassures Rein, before quickly trying to swab his arm and draw a syringe of blood before his brain degenerates further. Once he has the sample he can deal with an infected weirdo being in his lab near all his important alchemical reagents.

Show

8. - Top - End - #338
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Felandria's Office]

Dorota looks like she'd be taking notes if she could, but as it is she just tries to remember everything.

"Olympus... isn't that the seat of the gods in some of the worlds?"
    Indeed it is.

When we arrived there, we were awestruck, we had never seen such an incredible sight in our lives, it’s absolutely breathtaking.

The second thing we noticed, after a few minutes, was that I hadn’t gotten any smaller, and the reason for that was soon to be revealed.

A short time later, we were found by an incredibly handsome older bearded gentleman, who happened to be even taller than I was, and he immediately looked at me and greeted me by name.

And at that moment, I looked in his eyes, and I knew exactly who he was.

It was my father.

Zeus.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

9. - Top - End - #339

HALO Phone

"Er, I meant that you must be pretty preoccupied with attempting to find a cure so you might not have noticed. But to answer your question, Nigel, I'm not sure there are any actual scientists in the city. It sounded like there are just spies gathering data for them. I do have information about the spies however, I'm just hoping they will know anything useful." Faith replies.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Titan in the Playground

[Felandria's Office]

"Zeus... I think I've heard about him, too. Thunder-god. There's one in every pantheon, it seems," Dorota observes. "That was when you found out you'd been a deity all along, I take it."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

11. - Top - End - #341

Juliet nods. "Okay, I'll make sure to keep an eye out for her," she says. If Felandria is the person to talk to for being an old member, Juliet now knows who she should probably try to avoid. Mental checklist: prank Reinholdt, avoid Felandria. Okay, good. Checklists are fancy ways to keep track of what you have to do.

Anyway. "Oh, a disease? That sounds awful, I hope people are keeping up on their vaccinations."
    Pause.
    "I'm actually kind of a doctor-person myself. Been helping out over at GLoG every once in a while." Of course, any time she's been helping out has been entirely off-screen since she volunteered way back when, since her player's been away and busy, and hasn't been able to figure out a way to get her back in there without making it really awkward.

Unknown to herself, Juleka continues to absorb some of the magic.
    "Uh, there is no vaccination. It's brand new. Have you really not heard?" It's not that strange. The Nexus is big, time is fake, and most people don't listen to the news.

"So like a nurse? That's great; we can probably use your help. Ah, what species are you?" Probably a human, right? But she could be an elf, an alien, maybe a lizard-person even. Who knows?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #342

No, she hadn't heard.

"Yes, it was all over the radio," Juleka says. "I just assumed that since everybody seems to know so much about it, that a vaccine's already been found."

She's mostly talking so that she can decide how she wants to answer the 'what species are you' even though that sounds like a totally random question completely out of the blue. Has she already started to figure something out, or what...? She obviously can't say she's human, even though she looks like one, because then this foxy lady might call her out on it. Especially if she already knows that she's not human. "Yeah, my other nurse-friends were talking about how there were protests and stuff, so I just assumed it was some dumb people saying how your children might get turned into a transhumanist cyborg-person if you trusted in modern medicine and vaccines and healing magic and stuff."

...maybe she could deflect the question? She's been deflecting this kind of question her whole life, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it. "Oh, you noticed that my appearance is a little off?" Julie asks, gesturing at her figure. "Yeah, sometimes that happens, like some static or glitches or whatever. So, I've actually got some really bad burn-scars all over my body and I'm kind-of sensitive about it, so this thing..." she points at the recording device-watch on her wrist, "is one of those fancy sci-fi gizmos that let me change appearances a little through holographic hardlight images or whatever it's called, but sometimes especially this far underwater it sometimes glitches out."

Yes! Success. As far as Juliet knows, she successfully deflected the question.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

13. - Top - End - #343

Well, it's more that she can't tell whether Juleka is human or not.

"Oh, burns? Sucks. Nurse here's been really helpful with that. Obviously you trust modern healing magic."
    Honeysuckle flicks a hand in the direction of the nurse's office.

"No, seriously. What are you? Plague works different on different species. If you're going to be helping we need to know what precautions."
    Wait, did Julienne say that she was going to be helping? She's pretty sure that she did, like, she's a member, and she mentioned her medical work at GLoG, so she must be? Did she say glitch like a computer? Or a, wait, this is just the scar-less disguise? Honeysuckle wonders if she could detect the scars under the ... illusion(?) somehow. I mean they must be different from normal skin.
    Hmm. This is a job for science!
    But they don't have time for that.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #344

Oh, drat. See, Jules? That's the problem with making up stuff when you don't know anything: it'll eventually lead to some contradiction. Especially if you completely misunderstand why someone's asking you a question. Flustered, she says, "W-well, I may not be 'pure-blood', but I am mostly human so, y'know, susceptible to the same diseases that humans are." Her dad was human and her mom was half-human, to be exact. After that, she manages to regain her confidence. "I'll bet it affects me the same way."

...Her player can't decide how the MEMZ disease would affect her, however.

Then, she adds, "The burns were from a long time ago, so healing wouldn't work anyway." Juliana waves it off like it's not important anymore. "So what sort of precau-"

Juliana's cut off as shooting pain goes throughout her body, and she doubles over. Seriously?!? This is way too soon, and she hasn't really seen any magic around here, so why is it already hurting? "S-sorry. It's just that time of the month, y'know?" she uses as an excuse, and forces herself to grit through the pain and stand up straight. Is it, like, ambient magic? Is this scientist-lady magic? She starts looking for the source. "...what sort of precautions do you think I'd need to have?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

15. - Top - End - #345

Default [Entry HALO]

"Oh, good. As a human, you're basically safe." That's not how it works, but as long as Juleka actively thinks that's how it works, she'll probably be okay.
    "Just don't watch any video-recordings or broadcasts, and don't eat anything's brain and-"
    Honeysuckle breaks off and puts a hand to her goggles when Juliana doubles up. Oh. She's just hurt. Probably not for the reason she says. Can't be sure, not knowing how her disguise-thing works. But probably.
    "Need anything for that? Pain pills, tea, other?"

The scientist-lady, as we mentioned, is magic. Wild, out-of-control magic bleeding out of her eyes and also running down her tails.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #346

Default Re: [Entry HALO]

"Oh, okay." That's pretty disappointing. Catching an exotic disease would have been fun, Juliana thinks. Then she could have sent letters to all of her friends telling them that she's dying and they need to give her presents to make her feel better. Ah, who's she kidding: does she even have any friends? Worst-case scenario, she could send letters to random people pretending that they were her friends.

"I'll make sure to only use brain-substitute in my family recipes," the liar promises.

Julikana has to bite down on her tongue to help distract herself from the pain, which once again shoots through her. And dig her fingernails into her thumb. Seriously, what's going on? The only explanation is that the scientist is actually a wizard or something, so Julikana starts looking at her, looking for magic. ...Yes, there seems to be some evidence of it, with just preliminary scans. "Probably just some pain-killers," she says, confident that they wouldn't work. "Oh, and maybe some heat? I remember there being a hot tub, so that might work." More accurately, she remembers seeing a pool and she figures the pool-room is large enough to avoid breaking anything or hurting anyone.

She has to get away from the scientist ASAP before it gets worse. So, she starts walking in the direction she remembers the pool being. "I-I'll come find you as soon as it passes."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

17. - Top - End - #347

She might get more friends if she stopped with the lies and the new names a little bit.

"Think I got some here. Where are you...?" A grapefruitsized ball of inky black appears in Honeysuckle's hands (that's definitely more magic right there), and she taps it in a particular pattern to somehow extract a couple of pills from it. "Here."

"Nah, let me show you. Pool's this way." Honeysuckle says, feigning obliviousness. She doesn't want Juleka going off on her own. The mostly-human is up to something. And hurt, which she supposes is also important.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #348

Default => HALO pool room(?)

That would be a good idea. It's too bad she never gets close enough to somebody who'll tell her that.

"Okay," Juleka obediently says. She's currently in too much pain to protest. She grabs the pills and just swallows them, even though she knows they won't help. The pain is coming from a different source than pills normally are able to help.

She follows Honeysuckle, only able to concentrate on two things at a time: trying not to explode and trying to find a space large enough to get away from this well-meaning scientist. "Thanks, I've probably forgotten where it is."
    Her hand that grabbed the painkillers feels like it's freezing. Like all the heat left it, in search of its vacation days. Her opposite hand has the other problem; to her, it feels like there's a fire on the inside slowly turning up until it becomes ready to cook well-done steak. And right in her middle, she feels like an empty void, feeling capable of devouring everything.
    As a last-ditch effort, she says something else to her: "I don't want to impose and take you away from your research for too long, because it sounds really important like you were about to make a breakthrough. Don't worry, I can take care of myself, I won't drown or anything." Juleka wants to put on a smile right now to prove she can do it, but...it's okay. She doesn't feel like smiling at the moment. Maybe in a bit.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

19. - Top - End - #349

HALO Phone

Ok so do you know where any of the spies are? Nigel asks, getting slightly impatient. Or who they are or what? Something to move on, hopefully. He says, flipping through his notes a bit more, sort of aimlessly. We should be able to get something out of them if we find them alive right? The only spellcasters I know aren't human so... Hopefully that nice plant person hasn't been eaten by the doubtlessly more aggressive fish person. Plant people just want to spread life throughout the galaxy as far as he's concerned. This one is sure to be no different.

Show

20. - Top - End - #350

HALO Phone

"Yeah, I got some information in that regard, I know that several of them are staying at the New Inside embassy, posing as tourists while they're waiting for their ride out of the city. Two of are stuck in the city though due to the chaos caused by that giant flesh-monster that suddenly appeared." She explains. "I don't think any of them are spellcasters however, New Inside usually keep those type of agents close to their own city. They don't let them roam around in Inside unless there is a very good reason for it."

21. - Top - End - #351

Any ID on them? Nigel asks, noting down the information. Be good to know if we got the right guys. God that skinwalker thing. What a terrible confluence of events. Gonna make it a severe pain in the ass to get out of anywhere. Raid on the embassy could be a bit tricky politics wise. I don't envy the dumb mother<french>er they get to get near that monster though. Nigel don't say things like that it guarantees it's going to be you.

Show

22. - Top - End - #352

HALO Phone

"I can email you what I have. Got a description of a few of them, including both the ones stuck inside the city. They're trained to keep a low profile however, they are changing clothes and even names a lot to not be recognized. Thus, they might be tricky to identify even with my information. Especially as pretty much every actual tourist from New Inside is at the embassy right now due to the whole facestealer situation."

23. - Top - End - #353

HALO Phone

Sure thing. My email's <thisisnigel'semailatemaildotemail>. I've made <a variable amount of progress based on what work he's going to do after the scene with rein finishes timelines suck> so you can expect a cure <soon/eventually/tba circle whichever applies>. He says, appropriately updating Faith on the progress he's made with the disease. I've got a few more alchemical reagents to restock though so I'll need a little bit.

Show

24. - Top - End - #354

Default [Swimming Pool (& hot tub?)]

That would be a good idea. It's too bad she never gets close enough to somebody who'll tell her that.

"Okay," Juleka obediently says. She's currently in too much pain to protest. She grabs the pills and just swallows them, even though she knows they won't help. The pain is coming from a different source than pills normally are able to help.

She follows Honeysuckle, only able to concentrate on two things at a time: trying not to explode and trying to find a space large enough to get away from this well-meaning scientist. "Thanks, I've probably forgotten where it is."
    Her hand that grabbed the painkillers feels like it's freezing. Like all the heat left it, in search of its vacation days. Her opposite hand has the other problem; to her, it feels like there's a fire on the inside slowly turning up until it becomes ready to cook well-done steak. And right in her middle, she feels like an empty void, feeling capable of devouring everything.
    As a last-ditch effort, she says something else to her: "I don't want to impose and take you away from your research for too long, because it sounds really important like you were about to make a breakthrough. Don't worry, I can take care of myself, I won't drown or anything." Juleka wants to put on a smile right now to prove she can do it, but...it's okay. She doesn't feel like smiling at the moment. Maybe in a bit.
    "Your hand's exceptionally cold, Juleka."
    Maybe she really does need to get to the hot tub.

They head through the hallways, Honeysuckle not looking where they're going but finding the swimming pool no problem.

Once there, Juleka manages to be very distracting.
    "Heh. Wish I were close to a breakthrough. Really should get back to it."
    She tilts her head in the direction of the labs, hesitates a moment, and then sets off to leave the pool room by another door.

Did that last-ditch excuse work?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #355

Default Re: [Swimming Pool (& hot tub?)]

"Bye," Juleka says, waving Honeysuckle away. "Good luck on your research."

As she does this, she starts subtly taking off her shoes using her other feet, followed by the watch/device - oh, she seriously hopes the thermal shock won't damage it - and as soon as the other woman is out of view, she takes off her jacket as quickly as she can, dropping everything on the floor.

Then, almost entirely clothed, she quickly dives into the swimming pool and holds herself underwater, as close to the center as she can.

She should have figured something like this would happen. And then made some precautions. Seriously, this far under the sea with no place to escape to? What was she thinking?!?

...On the bright side, being underwater in the pool will hopefully prevent half of her clothes from catching on fire. Good, now she can release and let go of all this pain. As soon as she relaxes under water, the water around one hand starts boiling like mad. Bubbles everywhere, and even some flames created in the gaps when the water is too slow to fill it in. On the other side, ice balls like hail float to the surface in waves.

Well, it could have been worse, she figures. At least it wasn't a wild fire elemental or a large sonic boom this time. Or everything nearby floating upwards: the ocean floating away for a minute would've been hard to explain.

As soon as she feels like most of the magic energy has been released, Julie surfaces and heads towards the side of the pool to pull herself out. She's still hungry, but...right now she just wants to lie down on the ground, recover, and dry off.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    Returning

Oh dear. Better be quick then. Nigel picks up his syringe again and hurries over to Rein, trying to hide his concern. Great, I'll make sure to note that down. He reassures Rein, before quickly trying to swab his arm and draw a syringe of blood before his brain degenerates further. Once he has the sample he can deal with an infected weirdo being in his lab near all his important alchemical reagents.
    [Returning]

Do cat's arms usually get swabbed before the needle? Rein doesn't like it at all! But he sits still somehow, just long enough for Nigel to get finished. And no longer as a paw lashes out to scratch the doctor, the cat hissing angrily before dashing away, out the door. Rein must have cheated to get the door open. Nigel should have stolen his ID badge. Ah well. It'll probably be fine. He won't be able to leave the base or anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

27. - Top - End - #357

Returning > Science

Nigel's player has no idea!

Ow! Nigel says as Rein runs away. That's a problem for someone else to deal with, or - more likely - for him to deal with later. Well at least we have this. Nigel says, taking the sample away to begin doing science to it.

He parcels out a small (measured, of course) portion of the blood and sets it aside in a separate vial. Checking one of the crucibles he takes it off the heat, checking his notes and rolling his eyes before pulling out a quill, dipping it in the black liquid and marking the vial with a few crossed circles. The ink clings to the glass very well, seeming to seep into the vial as he makes his markings. He breathes on the ink very careful and the magic in the ink sets it, drying instantly. It's not the only magic in the ink though - normally designed just to take waterproof notes, the ink has magic of stasis and preservation baked into it, and set in the right pattern around the vial should serve to keep the disease in Rein's blood alive, as well as forcing it to stay static such that his real sciencey equipment can actually get a hold of it. Once done he drops the vial in a centrifuge linked to his laptop, running the viral analysis software he's had to crib together based off of his old equipment. It's feature poor and has to drop to the command line a lot, but it should be able to analyse the virus structure and give him a clue as to a cure or at least how the virus effects the mind of those infected.

Show

28. - Top - End - #358

HALO Phone

"Alright, I'll send you the information now then." And in a few minutes, Nigel will get an email from [email protected].

Faith's information isn't particularly extensive but there is some basic information here. Some of the agents have apparently been in Inside for weeks, long before the outbreak even started, while others arrived just a few days before anyone knew about it.
    Most of them use the tourist or journalist cover while others are claiming to be entrepreneurs coming to Inside for business related reasons as they already are working for businesses operating in Inside. These business have branches in New Inside as well though its difficult to say if they are somehow involved in the whole deal.

There are ID's and photos of varying quality of each agent and a few of them are indeed actual members of various New Inside news organizations.

The two lost in the city are Elena Corona, a journalist for the New Inside newspaper The Daily Reader, and Gil Maez, a member of the New Inside military that's here on leave.

Science

As one might suspect, its not like any traditional virus as it isn't even physical in a sense. Still, he does find himself staring at something odd when he looks at what his computer has managed to analyze. Frozen within the blood is what best could be described as electrical patterns. This might seem odd, but not overly concerning as technically the entire body is controlled by such signals. But his computer has found that these "electronic signals" are actually matching the ones found in the brain. As if the blood was somehow infected by thoughts.

Indeed, a through analyze of these patterns and the computer can actually translate these thoughts into words which are somewhat underwhelming.

CATCAT, CAT, IMCAT, CAT, MECATCAT, CAT, CAT, REINCAT, REINREIN, REINHOLDTISCAT, REINCAT, REIN, CAT, REINHOLDT...

It goes on like that for a while, and that's only a small sample of what is likely far more complex. Like looking at a small string of DNA and trying to figure out what the person it belongs to looks like.
    From what he can gather, it seems like this infection is some kind of "magical thoughts" and likely would be influenced by whatever that normally influences thoughts, though its difficult to predict exactly how they are effected without further study.

29. - Top - End - #359

HALO Phone

Great, sounds good. Lemme know if you find anything else, alright? Nigel says, before concluding the phone call to read through the email. Some good stuff! Some good stuff that he has no idea what to do with. He looks back to the phone and sighs. Why did that guy have to be his contact. After some apathetic searching for an email address through which he might filter his voice Nigel reluctantly picks up the phone and calls ARTAX, THE DOCTOR!

Science > Snipe Hunt

His laptop certainly isn't gonna be running the data without being given some time. He tidies up the lab, making sure to keep everything in cupboards as out of reach of cats as he can, before heading home. He's experimenting with mulling his own cider at home and initial forays are promising. Doesn't have the spice mix quite right yet. It's another day before he checks the data, arriving at HALO with a coffee and a piece of banana bread. He studies the results for some time before eventually coming to a rather disappointing conclusion. I'm gonna have to get Reinholdt to sit still for an MRI. Hopefully analysing Rein's current thought patterns can show him how the disease is changing patients, as well as help him check to make sure the disease isn't a permanent degradation - although looking at this data he's pretty hopeful.

It does mean that his day's about to get a lot more exciting, as he makes sure his syringe gun is still loaded and starts wandering through HALO looking for any sign of Reinholdt.

Show

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground

[HALO phone]

The line goes live immediately.
    “Aaah, an old friend is here. Our undersea ally. You have more information, yeees? We have been, busy. Superiors coiled to strike. Examining infected patients. Have been safe, do not worry. What are your developments?”
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]