New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

[Poorly-lit Lab]

Curses!
    How did this animal-girl see through her feint? Did she know that the door was Juliana's true objective this whole time? Is she really that easy to see through? That's two people here so far who have completely seen through her tricks! Not to mention, the book-girl isn't obeying! Well, at least she's not getting in the way yet, but what if she does? Juliet has to keep an eye out for the book-girl also.

Because Honeysuckle conveniently moved in the direction that Julie was trying to go this whole time, she tries to stop herself. Unfortunately, at that speed her momentum is hard to completely change direction, so she just loses balance instead. (She's not helped by the recent blood loss in addition to completely removing that chain instead of reabsorbing it.)

As a result, when Julie runs into Honeysuckle, the shapeshifter's balance completely gives out and she trips while turning, crashing into the ground and landing on her side.

This just causes the syringe she had swiped earlier to pierce her jacket pocket - like all the other sharps did -and the scalpels to cut into her jacket sleeve. Unusually, the cuts in the jacket start bleeding just like the pockets do.

So, there she is, lying on the ground, out of breath because of the sudden thud against the ground, with a little bit of blood coming out of her jacket sleeves and her pockets.

She doesn't say anything this time.

[New Arrival]

Oh!
    What a coincidence!
    The unmasked half-human looks up to Felandria, and then jokes: "I know I said I was coming, but you didn't have to stand around waiting for me this whole time," she says, figuring that they probably had the security alert that someone was coming and then they looked into a camera on the shuttle to see who it was.

Anyway.
    The woman who goes by Holly looks around. "So is there some sort of 'welcome' book I need to sign, or...?" She remembers there being one the last time she was here.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rein's Temporary Office]

"Facilities are one thing, but those are the small details. The main benefit we feel Halo can provide us is connectivity. You see, while we do work for others in the Fourth Tower, our main goals are more personal and academic. As such we can tend to be insular. I can scarcely find a record of this world's history that doesn't mention Halo in one form or another. This organization is an intrinsic part of this world, and we would like to connect to it through you." Vax explains.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ogre in the Playground

[Poorly-lit Lab]

Gah! Collision! Maria winces and carefully leans towards the fallen Juliette and possibly Honeysuckle. "Are you- ah! You are bleeding. Uhhh... Wait right there." Maria is too focused on the blood itself to notice how unnatural the wounds are.

Largely because she's looking around for a first aid kit. Fortunately there are safety measures installed in the labs and a first aid kit is easy to find hanging prominently on the wall. For the first time since Maria met Julie, he closes his book and puts it down. Gotta have his hands free to get the kit down and return to scene of the crash.

That does give a little bit of time to Honeysuckle or Julia though.

"Connectivity." Reinholdt repeats, raising a skeptical eyebrow as he considers the implications.

Had HALO integrated into the world so thoroughly that it has become its own focal point for ley lines? It wasn't unheard of. Objects or places with enough history often became imbued by that history above and beyond its original purpose. It had happened to his old sniper rifle when it became a legendary god killing machine. What of other organizations nearly around as long? AMEN is already a mystical well with its amorphous base. GLoG lost its base, NO lost its name, and Watchtower lost both. If HALO had mystically ascended, it would explain the Fourth Tower's interest as well.

Or Vax was simply speaking in more mundane terms. Phrasing things as a reclusive historian might. That would be ideal. But Rein would have to keep a close eye out for signs of the alternative.

"Well there are certainly connections to be had. You might even enjoy meeting what magicians we do have signed on, though catching them without their heads in a book is a bit tricky," Reinholdt gives a good natured laugh. "Regardless I don't have any issues with this. I'll have to run it by Felandria first of course."

Rein taps on the desk. "If HALO accepted, would you agree to a binding arbitration agreement? Basically stating that rather than either of us splitting at the first dispute, we agree to go through a third party first. Say... MERC? And since you've had problems with subjugation in the past, I would want you to be the ones to draw up the terms themselves."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [New Arrival]

Oh!
    What a coincidence!
    The unmasked half-human looks up to Felandria, and then jokes: "I know I said I was coming, but you didn't have to stand around waiting for me this whole time," she says, figuring that they probably had the security alert that someone was coming and then they looked into a camera on the shuttle to see who it was.

Anyway.
    The woman who goes by Holly looks around. "So is there some sort of 'welcome' book I need to sign, or...?" She remembers there being one the last time she was here.
    Felandria shrugs.

Actually, I was waiting for a package, my new earbuds should be arriving today.

But this is an even better surprise.

Come on, the welcome Book is in the lobby

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ogre in the Playground

"By all means, discuss with Felandria. You can contact us at your leisure once you've gone over our offer internally." Vax was expecting to need to wait. They should think on it just like the Fourth Tower already has themselves. "Arbitration would be more than reasonable if such disputes come up. Though we should consider options other than Merc. I'm afraid their current relationship with Malechenar could create a bias."

6. - Top - End - #516

[=> Lobby]

"Oh." That's a...much more reasonable explanation, she figures. 'it was just chance'.

The pointy-eared half-human woman follows Felandria to the lobby and, upon arriving there, starts to sign in at the welcome book. She signs 'Holly' even though that's not her actual name but it's close enough, holding the pen with her ungloved left hand.

"Okay. Done," she says.

"Now, let's say I want to be an official member. What's the process I would need to do?" she asks. "Any trial by combat, or temporary waiting periods, or tuna sandwiches, or interviews, or something along those lines?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Poorly-lit Lab]

When Julius crashes into her in the doorway, Honeysuckle is sent spinning around, but she stays on her feet.

"Bleeding? From that?" She wasn't even going that fast!
    And people always have so much blood pumping around in them, it's hard to tell if some of it is on the outside. But why would Maria lie about that? After a moment of consideration, Honeysuckle actually pays attention to Julie, which sends her scrambling backwards into the hall.

"Didya...fill your outfit with fake blood pouches? What even-?" She's having some difficulty making sense of this.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #518

Default Re: [Poorly-lit Lab]

[Poorly-lit Lab]

Juleka feels the dull headache signaling the beginning of ambient-magic buildup. Of course, she could solve this with just a little minor shapeshifting but whether or not she does that comes down to the conflict between the effects of the meme-virus and her own selective understanding.

Juliette pushes herself up onto her hands and knees. "Ha. Ha," she says, trying to laugh but the effect is lost because she's still out of breath. If she thought of it, she probably could stop her jacket from bleeding right now by simply closing the pierced holes, but it's something so far out of what she would normally do that it doesn't even cross her mind. Use shapeshifting in front of other people? And not have an excuse for why she's doing it, like the key and the lock from earlier? The only thing on her mind right now is to get out of here and away from everyone else so she can fix it without them watching. "Ha...ha."

She regains her breath, then throws her head back. "Ha! Mwahahaha! Yes, yes, that's exactly it! Everything went according to plan, and it was all set up by me! Jules! Fake blood pouches, and you both fell for it! Hook!" Julia pushes herself up into a stand. "Line!" The scalpels fall out of her sleeves to the ground into the blood, and she stumbles towards the door frame as real blood drips down. Feeling lightheaded, it takes her a bit longer to say the last word, such that she gets out into the hall and leans against hallway's wall. "And sinker."

"Ha." She shouldn't have stood up that quickly. All she has to do now is get away and leave them marveling at her genius, but all she wants to do is lean there with her head against the wall. "I win."

The no-lens glasses somehow stayed on, though.
    Pretty cool.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2019-07-20 at 10:19 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    The Hangar

Catie, Nurse’s tiny, moderately fluffy fennec-kitsune assistant, walks over and passes the pink one her tool.
    ”This one, Ma’am? Is everything alright? I have felt decidedly odd today. Very much so, actually.” she asks. Indeed, something definitely seems off.
    The Hanger

"Huh?" Mechanic asks, sliding out from under the massive engine on her little wheeled board. "What's up? You okay?" Genuine concern in her voice, as she takes the tool. She doesn't go back under the block, instead sits back up, head tilting slightly, worry for her friend and assistant plain on her face.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ogre in the Playground

Hangar

Catie squints up at Mechanic.
    ”Was I always shorter than you? I feel decidedly small today?” she asks Mechanic, tails swirling.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

11. - Top - End - #521
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Hangar

Catie squints up at Mechanic.
    ”Was I always shorter than you? I feel decidedly small today?” she asks Mechanic, tails swirling.
    Hanger

Mechanic stands up, wiping at her nose with one black grease stained hand, and leaving a surprisingly adorable little smudge.
    "Uhh." She says, looking down at her assistant. ". . .
    . . .
    You know I wouldn't worry about it."
    She says, nodding pragmatically.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ogre in the Playground

Hangar

Catie looks at Mechanic, not quite believing her.
    ”Why? Are you sure?
    Well, still. I’m here to help you as always, Miss.”
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

13. - Top - End - #523
    Ogre in the Playground

"Is that right? Shame, but we'll work out someone else then. I guess Merc always did have trouble..." Reinholdt leans forward towards Vax. "Staying neutral."

He has the biggest grin on his face right now.

[Poorly-Lit Lab]

Maria has a first aid kit and is having none of this juvenile, 'I'm not hurt, honest' line Julie's trying to feed them. Julie is definitely not moving around like someone who is completely fine. In fact, she really shouldn't be moving at all.

"Please remain stationary. Excess activity will only intensify your injuries. Why did you possess scalpels in the first place? I believe I iterated you should refrain from touching things for this very reason." Maria chastises as he steps around the fallen instruments, following Julie into the hall. That should also answer Honeysuckle's question at least. Kind of.

Regardless, Maria will catch up to Julie pretty quick if she's stopping to rest her head on the wall and kneels next to her to pull out bandages and disinfectants.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

14. - Top - End - #524

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Felandria is also eating her sammich, and it is nummy.

She takes a sip of fruit juice and swallows.

Things are going pretty well, no major crises just yet.

We’ve been recruiting a decent amount, everyone is getting along very well.

Of course, always looking for more.

"Sounds good." Mr. C says as he is half done with the sandwitch.

"How is Reinholdt doing so far?" he asks "I have met him a few times. Mostly I panik that he wants to eat me. I thought he is more of the freelance lone wolf adventurer then real leaqding material."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post

"Is that right? Shame, but we'll work out someone else then. I guess Merc always did have trouble..." Reinholdt leans forward towards Vax. "Staying neutral."

He has the biggest grin on his face right now.

Vax raises her brow. "Yes, the name change was certainly appropriate." She says politely.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Ogre in the Playground

Rein's grin slowly tapers off and fades away. Tough crowd.

When it becomes clear that's all Vax has to say on that, he leans back and clears his throat. "A-anyways. There was more you wished to talk about, yes? Any progress on researching the possibility of putting Shepherd's soul to rest?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ogre in the Playground

"At present that's all I wished to discuss. I'm sure there'll be much more once you've spoken with Felandria." Vax explains. This meeting could conclude at any time, but she's not opposed to other points of discussion, as Rein brings up. "Of course. I've discussed the problem with other members of the Tower. We have a number of possible approaches to take, though our plans need further refinement. Given our proposal to you today, I thought we would pursue that task again in the near future. If you accept our arrangement, we can work more directly with one another. Otherwise we'll make other arrangements."

18. - Top - End - #528

Default [Poorly-Lit Lab]

"..."
    "I dunno, I don't think it's funny."

It probably wouldn't even be funny if it happened to someone else!

Oh, it's not true. That explains its lack of humor, right? Thanks Maria.
    Yes, there are a bunch of her scalpels. She really needs to pay more attention to these things.

Honeysuckle walks along the hallway to keep up with Julie untl she stops walking. Which isn't that hard.
    "Better take you to the nurse."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #529

Default Hallway outside the Poorly-Lit Lab

[Hallway]

The magic continues to build up in the lying woman, due to her closeness to Honeysuckle as she tries to walk down the hallway. Her headache starts throbbing, and due to chance there's not a buildup towards a huge release of energy like there was when she first ran in to Honeysuckle, but instead it manifests slightly differently.

The blood left behind on the lab floor and hallway floor start to change their cellular makeup, Hemoglobin is replaced by chlorophyll, the color changes from red to green, and grasses and flowers start to bloom from the blood. It doesn't happen all at once, so it would be easy to miss, but it starts happening to all the blood that has dripped out and hit the floor (and it will keep on happening until she's away from the source of the magic).

Instead of responding to all the advice she's given, Julie says, "In a pinch, scalpels make for good shanks." She turns to Maria and then whispers, "Wait until you see what else I have."

She does remain stationary, however. She's thinking that the nurse might actually be a good idea. At least it would make for good cover, she thinks. If she doesn't go, then they're probably going to ask how she managed to heal the injuries.

She's forgetting that they're probably going to ask how she's bleeding from her jacket, but...nevermind that.
    She remains stationary, against the wall. "Hey, book-girl. Keep an eye on her," she gestures to Honeysuckle, "just in case she tries anything. The nurse might be a good idea but what if she tries to lead us down into a trap? She'd probably be able to catch at least one of us, because I'm not sure both of us will be able to get away in time and then nobody will believe the other person. I once saw a hallway here that wasn't here the next time I walked by, so if she knows how to get there it would be the perfect trap." She just keeps on rambling on, following tangent after tangent, basically allowing both of them to do whatever without being stopped.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    "Sounds good." Mr. C says as he is half done with the sandwitch.

"How is Reinholdt doing so far?" he asks "I have met him a few times. Mostly I panik that he wants to eat me. I thought he is more of the freelance lone wolf adventurer then real leaqding material."
    He’s been trying very hard to atone for past sins, and I can assure you that he won’t eat you.

We have a very strict policy on that, although it seems to have been agreed upon that it’s directed more towards me, and I’m going to be honest, it’s kinda hurtful.

*snif*

But Reinholdt is very capable and I trust him implicitly.

21. - Top - End - #531

Without a note, the sandwitch Mr. C was eating is gone and he has taken a very simular schape as if someone just stuffed it inside of him.

"I can just remember how he looked at me." Mr C shivers and he becomes colorless like all the colors have fled from the scene. "Those hungry eyes whoch ripped me appart just by looking at me."

Then suddendly Mr C is normal with a great questionmark over his head (Still sandwitch form)

"Wait... you have a strict policy on the not eating thing and it's directed towards you? And on top you think it's hurtful?" Slow panic starts to crawl up in Mr. C's body.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Without a note, the sandwitch Mr. C was eating is gone and he has taken a very simular schape as if someone just stuffed it inside of him.

"I can just remember how he looked at me." Mr C shivers and he becomes colorless like all the colors have fled from the scene. "Those hungry eyes whoch ripped me appart just by looking at me."

Then suddendly Mr C is normal with a great questionmark over his head (Still sandwitch form)

"Wait... you have a strict policy on the not eating thing and it's directed towards you? And on top you think it's hurtful?" Slow panic starts to crawl up in Mr. C's body.
    It’s just some old stereotypes.

People tend to think the worst of giants sometimes.

I mean, the very notion that I would try and eat someone is utterly ridiculous.

It would be a very rude thing to do, eat someone.

Besides, there’s plenty of food around, I don’t even know why anyone would eat anyone in the first place.

Not when there’s chicken fried rice.

But I ramble, you can rest assured that absolutely nobody or nothing will try and hurt you here.

You have my most solemn word.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ogre in the Playground

"Certainly. I'm working with VIGIL still about getting access to it in the first place. Everything sort of stalled for everyone. Riverside, getting this place up, etcetera. But things are getting back on track and we'll get to it!" Reinholdt swings his arm in front of him as if this were a motivational speech and everyone should get excited.

A moment of awkwardness later and maybe a minor realization he's trying to hard with HALO as a whole, Rein coughs again. "Uh... That's all really. Thanks for dropping by. We'll contact you shortly with our answer."

[Hallway]

Maria frowns at Julie for being some sort of kleptomaniac. What else does she have?

"I will not leave you in a confined space without my presence as well. Will that suffice to assuage your fears?" Maria is not as convinced as Julie seems to be that Honeysuckle presents this imminent threat. "Now lift your jacket. It is probably not as severe as it appears, but we need to get some pressure on those wounds first. Then we will both escort you to the Nurse. It is near impossible to get lost from here."

Maria doesn't really wait for permission anymore, going to lift up Julie's clothes to find those supposed wounds along her waist. Imagine her shock when there aren't any wounds there! At least, not any as expected.
    "Huh?"

Then again, can the clothes even be lifted, being a part of Julie?
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

24. - Top - End - #534

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    It’s just some old stereotypes.

People tend to think the worst of giants sometimes.

I mean, the very notion that I would try and eat someone is utterly ridiculous.

It would be a very rude thing to do, eat someone.

Besides, there’s plenty of food around, I don’t even know why anyone would eat anyone in the first place.

Not when there’s chicken fried rice.

But I ramble, you can rest assured that absolutely nobody or nothing will try and hurt you here.

You have my most solemn word.
    [Kitchen]

"Stereotypes?" Mr. C replies. "I'm lucky I got non of those other then I'm tiny and fluffy. Which makes EVERYONE wanna hug me. Also everyone is a giant in my opinion, and related to my size."

"As long as there is chicken we are save? Guess HALO got his own chicken farm then?" he says with a grin and a lot of sarkasm in his voice.

"I will take you on that one, AFTER we found out who or what knocked me down. I have a feeling that I may have made one enemy to much since I'm in the nexus."

25. - Top - End - #535

[Hallway]
    Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    The magic continues to build up in the lying woman, due to her closeness to Honeysuckle as she tries to walk down the hallway. Her headache starts throbbing, and due to chance there's not a buildup towards a huge release of energy like there was when she first ran in to Honeysuckle, but instead it manifests slightly differently.

The blood left behind on the lab floor and hallway floor start to change their cellular makeup, Hemoglobin is replaced by chlorophyll, the color changes from red to green, and grasses and flowers start to bloom from the blood. It doesn't happen all at once, so it would be easy to miss, but it starts happening to all the blood that has dripped out and hit the floor (and it will keep on happening until she's away from the source of the magic).

Instead of responding to all the advice she's given, Julie says, "In a pinch, scalpels make for good shanks." She turns to Maria and then whispers, "Wait until you see what else I have."

She does remain stationary, however. She's thinking that the nurse might actually be a good idea. At least it would make for good cover, she thinks. If she doesn't go, then they're probably going to ask how she managed to heal the injuries.

She's forgetting that they're probably going to ask how she's bleeding from her jacket, but...nevermind that.
    She remains stationary, against the wall. "Hey, book-girl. Keep an eye on her," she gestures to Honeysuckle, "just in case she tries anything. The nurse might be a good idea but what if she tries to lead us down into a trap? She'd probably be able to catch at least one of us, because I'm not sure both of us will be able to get away in time and then nobody will believe the other person. I once saw a hallway here that wasn't here the next time I walked by, so if she knows how to get there it would be the perfect trap." She just keeps on rambling on, following tangent after tangent, basically allowing both of them to do whatever without being stopped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Maria frowns at Julie for being some sort of kleptomaniac. What else does she have?

"I will not leave you in a confined space without my presence as well. Will that suffice to assuage your fears?" Maria is not as convinced as Julie seems to be that Honeysuckle presents this imminent threat. "Now lift your jacket. It is probably not as severe as it appears, but we need to get some pressure on those wounds first. Then we will both escort you to the Nurse. It is near impossible to get lost from here."

Maria doesn't really wait for permission anymore, going to lift up Julie's clothes to find those supposed wounds along her waist. Imagine her shock when there aren't any wounds there! At least, not any as expected.
    "Huh?"

Then again, can the clothes even be lifted, being a part of Julie?
    "Your blood. It's turning into plants." Honeysuckle observes right away. Look at all the magnesium that's appearing in it! It's all totally clear. And that probably answers some questions about what Jules's nonhuman ancestry is. Except that Honeysuckle can't think of anything with plant blood. Even dryads are just supposed to have sap in their veins, right?

Then her fluffy ears twitch.
    "Wait. What else did you take from the lab? Important plague-study stuff?"
    She steps over to try to search Juleka's pockets for contraband, her concern for the bleeding patient pushed aside by this new worry.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #536
    Ogre in the Playground

Vax nods and gives him a small smile. "I'm glad to hear it. We'll be awaiting your reply." She stands. "I remember the way out. Until next time, Reinholdt."

27. - Top - End - #537

[Hallway]

"Wait. Waitwaitwait," Juliana says. "Shouldn't you be looking into the plants, then?"

She tries to think through a dozen different ways to stop the fluffy scientist from investigating her pockets. She weighs the pros and cons of each. As a result, torn in indecision, she doesn't stop her from investigating them. Should she give her pockets teeth? But wait that would give her away. What if she seals off the pockets and makes them inaccessible? But that might make the bleeding worse! Should she try to run for it? She's not feeling up to it. But what if...?

Not to mention, Maria is right there. What if those two were working together this whole time? Book-girl, having pulled Juliette's clothes up to look at her sides, is in the perfect position to restrain her if she tries to get away. Fluffy Scientist is looking and...she'll notice! And then they'll inevitably lock her up again. She can't let them find out...Jules starts panicking and her breathing picks up.

As Honeysuckle investigates the places that are the source of most of the bleeding, she'll find the things swiped from the sharps box in one pocket - the one that's bleeding slightly more - and the syringe she stole from the table in the other.

If...if they already know, what's the point in trying to keep it secret? she wonders. "Let me go, or...or...or I'll..." She tries to buy herself time, to think of what she'll do if they don't. "Or I'll this." Julia raises her left hand high enough so it's in full view of Maria. Her pointer finger-and-fingernail change into a knife blade with serrated edges and a sharp tip.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Orc in the Playground

[Entryway]

A cloaked and hooded figure stands in the entry of the base, looking at it as if they haven't seen it in a long, long time. The figure's eyes appear downcast, and they sigh.

"Still here after all this time. Never really expected that." Their voice is tinged with melancholy, nostalgia, and a hint of sadness. They lean against the wall and slump to the floor, sitting and seeming to meditate.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    Wikipedia NEVER had me busy for a whole day the way TV Tropes did. If Wikipedia is a Time Killer, TV Tropes is a Time Genocider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    If you squint really hard, this is the plot of the Command & Conquer: Red Alert series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97
    Is the entirety of WoD made up of small decrepid ghost towns?

Inigo Montoya avatar by Serpentine.

29. - Top - End - #539

[Entryway]

A dark-skinned half-elf (with black hair) approaches the cloaked figure, having seen them as she walked down the hallway (she was trying to get accustomed to the layout and locations of the place).
    She is going by Holly.

"Hey, are you alright?" she asks the hooded figure. Then, in an apologetic voice, she adds, "Sorry, I can't tell whether you're injured or tired or praying because of your hood, sorry if I interrupted you."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Orc in the Playground

[Entryway]

The hooded figure stood, knees cracking slightly. As they stood, the half-elf will spy a rapier on their belt before the cloak conceals it again.

"Not praying. Or injured. Just...lost to some memories, I guess." The hooded figure brushed themselves off. "I used to live here, a long, long time ago. Things have really changed since then, huh?" They didn't wait for an answer, but continued talking, almost to themselves. "Wonder if any them are still here."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    Wikipedia NEVER had me busy for a whole day the way TV Tropes did. If Wikipedia is a Time Killer, TV Tropes is a Time Genocider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    If you squint really hard, this is the plot of the Command & Conquer: Red Alert series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97
    Is the entirety of WoD made up of small decrepid ghost towns?

Inigo Montoya avatar by Serpentine.