New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

Schemes and Sandwiches

Magtok sighs in exasperation. She's just not going to quit, is she? Well fine, if we don't actually have to be in HALO very often, we can begrudgingly allow ourselves to be added to the membership list.

"...Fine. I'll join HALO. You can call me if there's an emergency, but I'm not going to be here very often otherwise," he insists, already trying to figure out how long he should wait before changing numbers. Oh wait, we can't do that; everyone else we talk to uses this number to contact us, don't they? One of them is bound to tell Felandria our new number if we just stop answering the phone, or she'll show up in person to look disappointed at us. Dang it, there's no easy way out of this mess, is there?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

2. - Top - End - #872

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Entrance Hall - HALO Laboratories

Arriving alone with the latest shuttle is a man of slightly above-average height and build clad in a suit of futuristic kevlar. Layered plates of some high-tech metallic material form a kind of breastplate upon the vigilante, with the same metal having been cast into bulky gauntlets and greaves to allow for additional protection. A number of small rectangular panels have been built into the armor, most of which glow with a soft white or red LED light. A black helmet rests upon the figure's head, supported by a kevlar cowl which obscures all but the man's lower face, which is itself secured by a metallic chin-strap.

The vigilante drags a hexagonal-patterned cloak behind him as he strides forward into HALO, and a powerful looking firearm can be seen at his belt. He'll head straight towards the laboratories, looking for Nigel. Should he be approached, he'll make a calm request, his voice mechanized.

--

Spoiler: Vigilante Reference
    Show
    Halo Labs

Nigel seems engrossed in his work when he's found, standing over an ornate construction of tubes and receptacles, a mix of glass and brass, carefully comparing the colour of a mixture he's creating with an image on his laptop. It seems impossible that he would have missed the arrival of the figure in power armour, but- What. He says, not turning away from his work. Oh. Nevermind then.

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Felandria, after Rein escaped, has dozed off and taken a nap.

But the door is unlocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Not an MRI -> Felandria's Room]

Dorota will follow Nigel out, get some nachos and go with him to Felandria's office... which turns out unlocked and less occupied than expected.

"This doesn't look good," she comments.
    Felandria's Room

...son of a bitch. Nigel says, quietly. He peeks around the room quickly before noticing Fel asleep. Yeah it's not uh... not great. He is not up for more cat wrangling. He sets down the multiple bowls of nachos (Fel's, of course, much larger than the others) and sets down the rest of his gear quietly, trying to see if maybe Rein was just hiding somewhere. Cats did that right?

Sorry, but this cat hates me. Do you mind seeing if you can wrangle Reinholdt back here? He's probably doing his best to get out of the base and infect everyone he can. Or if you can think of something more annoying that he could be doing, then that. Nigel says to Dorota. ...maybe make sure he isn't pushing things off the table in the lab. He says, thinking of something more annoying that Rein could be doing. I'll get <whatever pseudonym he got for Juleka> settled in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Nigel's Research]

Nigel will find the same phenomena as before. Tiny conceptual particles that seem to echo a "role" that the infected are supposed to play.

They do seem to share more than just form however. Despite that they are echoing very different roles to Josephine and Reinholdt, the idea that they're conveying to their host has exactly the same "pulse".
    If one imagined the mematic particles infecting them both as two different cheerleader squads in the same tiny sport stadium they would both be chanting to their host at exactly the same time, making it impossible to hear either of them.

Similarly, there doesn't seem to be any difference at all between each individual particle and it's more than just clones, since at least clones can act independently of one another. No, these particles all act exactly the same. The only difference being what kind of role they're conveying to their host and even then they act very much like the particles of other hosts, as if they all were the part of the same being.
    Nigel's Research

Nigel reads through his results a few times, chewing on a pencil and draining a few cups of decaf. Eventually, he starts to write a few ideas down, quick sketches of possible ways to cancel out the effects of the curse. He reaches the end of what he can get from theory eventually, digging back through his samples to bring up some of Rein's blood along with the samples Rein himself collected. He constructs (after much swearing and sticky tape) a pair of rings of paper, each inscribed with a circle of ink that's intersected with various runes set up along the circumference, locations painstakingly measured out with a protractor and ruler. He sets a pair of samples (Rein's and the vampire's) next to each other, looping one ring over them and very carefully setting the other ring in the air above them, where (after a false start) it hovers, linked to its partner below. The rings will slowly attempt to push the two sets of particles together, holding them apart from their original sample and into the other, where they can hopefully begin to cancel each other out.

Then he swears, grabbing a pair of reading glasses out of his bag and hastily drawing a complicated rune over the lens so he can at least look at what's happening. Nice test idiot! Forgot to figure out how to observe it before hand! Looking through the rune will allow him to get a sense of the flow of the particles as well as their overall presence in the sample. In big dumb colours that make him feel like he's a 14 year old doing science in high school and fudging most of his results, but enough for a quick sketch of the situation.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #873
    Ogre in the Playground

[More Fourth Tower Settling]

Another day has passed, and for anyone that cared to take a look it seems like the Fourth Tower's setup is winding down. Though there's still more tasks to be done. Speaking of which, Korrina has arrived at the base via one of the shuttles. Hopefully Rein was prepared to greet her. This morning she looks far more cleaned up than when Rein saw her last, unsurprisingly. Her hair has been meticulously brushed and she's dressed is long red dress with a plunging neckline. This gives a small view of some of the same symbols Rein saw painted on her skin yesterday, neatly reapplied.

"Come along, dear." She touches the shoulder of her slightly queasy looking lover before striding into the base proper. Delv, the goblin man dressed in a loose white shirt and leather breeches, follows after her. He stuffs his hands in his pockets and looks around the place with a notable frown.

4. - Top - End - #874
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Felandria's Room]

Juliane enters Fel's room and throws off the sheet she's been sometimes-wearing. "Make sure you lock the door on your way out, et cetera, et cetera." She waves dismissively. "Honestly you don't have to because I'd be fine if you let me go look for the cat, I'm really good at hunting things down, apparently. Let me go after him and you wont' have to worry about him all night."

The mostly-human woman then lies down next to her nacho bowl. "Or actually, look, I'm already settled in. Feel free to go, I'll lock up after you." That is, of course, a lie. She lifts up her nacho bowl and starts balancing it on her forehead, and then grabs a nacho without knocking it over...and then starts eating them that way. "Get to know my new neighbors. Oh! And don't forget to sign my release forms while you're out there!"

"Actually, I just realized I left my keys in my other jacket. If you let me borrow yours, I'll make sure to return them after locking up. If you want, I could even make a copy for you, free of charge."

She's trying to push a little too hard, she should have just chosen one of these ways to be left unsupervised or given keys. Instead, she just starts talking about several different contradictory things she wants.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

5. - Top - End - #875
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Quarantine]

Honeysuckle shows back up at Julie's quarantine room to check on her progress and perhaps carry out some experiments.

And of course the place is empty.
    No Juliet.
    No weird items that could be Juleka in disguise.
    Nothing.

Just her, now shouting in frustration.
    Well, maybe Nigel took them somewhere? Maybe she really was cured by humanity? This could be a good sign. So the floofy scientist starts to look around for the meme-infected.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #876
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post

Another day has passed, and for anyone that cared to take a look it seems like the Fourth Tower's setup is winding down. Though there's still more tasks to be done. Speaking of which, Korrina has arrived at the base via one of the shuttles. Hopefully Rein was prepared to greet her. This morning she looks far more cleaned up than when Rein saw her last, unsurprisingly. Her hair has been meticulously brushed and she's dressed is long red dress with a plunging neckline. This gives a small view of some of the same symbols Rein saw painted on her skin yesterday, neatly reapplied.

"Come along, dear." She touches the shoulder of her slightly queasy looking lover before striding into the base proper. Delv, the goblin man dressed in a loose white shirt and leather breeches, follows after her. He stuffs his hands in his pockets and looks around the place with a notable frown.

Reinholdt is here! Snoring on the bench. Or rather, a small blue cat is. The benches here aren't the best for sleeping in human form. They can smear your make-up. Which I don't know why Rein would care cause he doesn't wear make-up. Still, everything's a better nap as a cat.

Oh they're here! The cat wakes up, head perking up almost immediately. He gives a big yawn, stands, and streeeeeeetches. "Hey."

Rein hops down from the bench and shifts into his humanoid form. He motions for them. "The Fourth Tower's set up over this way." He'll lead the way so they know where they're going.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #877
    Ogre in the Playground

Entrance Hall - HALO Laboratories

Quietly, the vigilante steps up towards Nigel, his footsteps far softer than would be had he been wearing his powersuit, rather than the more casual kevlar and metal suit he was currently clad in. He retrieves something from a small pouch at his side before setting it down gently by the scientist.

The thing appears as a large, steaming container of ice, its blue-white insides illuminated via internal lighting.

8. - Top - End - #878
    Pixie in the Playground

[Relationship Upgrade]

It's a New Year in HALO, and Mirai lies on the bed, clothed, with his girlfriend Zither in his arms while a duvet covers them both and they face their television to watch the latest Raptor Island news and rest from the previous day's celebrations. The silence, broken only by the newscaster's voice, is further broken by Mirai starting to speak.

"Hey, Zii? Y'know, it's been a wonderful couple of years, first meeting as friends, became besties, and after my gender-swap was reversed, we fell in love. You've been a wonderful companion... thank you for being in my life, Zii. I'd do anything to make you happy, you know that. So that's why I got you a present. Why don't you go check my side of our room workbench?" He finishes with a request, pointing to the other side of the room. "You can open it."

He'll wait until she's found the box to get off the bed and on one knee.

"Zither Ravnsdattir, will you marry me?" He proposes.

One suspects he won't have time to finish the second syllable of the word 'marry' before she responds.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

9. - Top - End - #879
    Titan in the Playground

[Felandria's Room]

Dorota straightens her glasses on her nose. This situation has certainly gone places.

"Yes, I suppose... I had best cat-proof the lab. I've never owned a cat, but maybe I'll pick it up as I go."

She turns to leave and do just that.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

10. - Top - End - #880
    Orc in the Playground

Relationship Upgrade

Zither nods a little confused; she doesn't usually touch his workbench because his work in electrical systems and battery-operated devices absolutely stump her. She's a fan of the mechanical and works with systems that make more sense, and are harder to disable by putting a component in back to front. Systems that, if they aren't working, you can tell by looking if they're dangerous to touch or not.

She finds the box and turns around, a confused look on her face. Understanding dawns as she sees Mirai on his knee, and she smiles wide. "Yes, yes! Yes, I will."
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

11. - Top - End - #881
    Ogre in the Playground

Rein gets a surprised stare from the both of them at first. "You can turn into a cat?" Korrina recovers quickly and steps in alongside him. Delv has to quickstep to catch up. "Do you often roam around as a cat?"

12. - Top - End - #882
    Ogre in the Playground

"... Yes," Reinholdt replies after a moment of hesitation. While technically true, it would also be much more accurate to say he can turn into... whatever he is now. He really should come up with a name for it.

"Also yes. I find the freedom it grants me extremely useful. Largely cause clothes actually kinda suck." Rein smiles a little at the 'joke'. It's probably not one though. "No problems finding the place I hope?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

13. - Top - End - #883

HALO Laboratories

Don't put it there, that's in the way. Nigel says as soon as the vigilante sets it down. On the other table. He adds, turning a couple knobs and gently tipping a small beaker into the larger concoction. After a few moments the concoction rapidly changes from a bright red to a dark black, and Nigel sets down his equipment with a sigh, wiping his forehead before moving the larger container on top of a bunsen burner. Why do I care about that. Nigel says, jabbing a pen at the container.

Felandria's Room

Thank you, thank you Dorota. Nigel says, sitting down with his bowl of nachos. Hey, you still thinking human thoughts over there? Or are you plotting how to get me to turn around so you can stab me and run? He asks Julie, before loading up a chip and going to town on it. After finishing it he slides a bottle of the freshly brewed potion to her. Here, drink that. Should help. Nigel says, pretty certain that it won't but tell her that and it definitely won't.
    Last edited by billtodamax; 2020-01-04 at 11:23 AM.

Show

14. - Top - End - #884

[Felandria's Room]

"Oh. Right, yeah, I said I'd do that, didn't I?" Julia says. She sighs. "Okay. Human thoughts."

She lifts up the bowl of nachos so it's no longer on her forehead, and so she can roll around to her stomach. She sets down the bowl in front of her and grabs the potion bottle. Then, grabs a nacho and sprinkles a little bit of the potion on top, like it's salsa. She then eats it. "Just so you know, this is pretty bad-tasting: you need to work on it and probably should consider putting more peppers and onions in it. Mangoes and peaches might work, too."

However, in spite of saying that, she continues to put potion on her nachos and keep on eating them.
    Of course, since it's a magic potion, there starts to be a magic buildup within her but she figures dealing with it can wait until after she finishes the food. "By the way," she says between nacho bites, "Are there any drums around here? I've been wanting to play some. Maybe a tambourine?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

15. - Top - End - #885

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Haunted Tour

The ghost drifts along, not really asking any questions about different things as she looks around. She understands most of what everything is despite coming from a different realm, and the only real question she has is what the TV does and stands for. "So, where's your own fancy room?" She asks, slinking down to settle side-saddle upon Kin's tail so she can be carried around. "And...well...who do I talk to about joinin'? Is there an official swearing-in process or form? Would I get a fancy title? Oh! Is there a uniform?" Anja asks, sounding rather excited by the prospect.
    Spooky Tour

Kin happily explains what the TV is, what it's used for, and how it can be a bunch of fun to just gather with friends and watch some fun content of some sort!

"My room," she replies, waving a hand in a general direction. "Is kinda off that way with the other rooms. It's nothing super fancy. Some people have made really crazy rooms. Like, replacing it entirely with just a forest clearing or a room they have in a castle elsewhere or something.
    I just have the basics. Bed. Desk. Minifridge."
    Kin shrugs slightly, Anja's negligible weight not slowing her stride in the slightest. "Yeah, I could take you to one of the bosses. Iunno whoever would be around first, either Fel or Rein. But we can go looking for one.
    I genuinely don't remember the sign up process. I signed up in a different era, and stuff's likely changed. So you could get a title! Could be fun!

Though I don't know that there's any sort of uniform, sadly."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

16. - Top - End - #886
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Zither nods a little confused; she doesn't usually touch his workbench because his work in electrical systems and battery-operated devices absolutely stump her. She's a fan of the mechanical and works with systems that make more sense, and are harder to disable by putting a component in back to front. Systems that, if they aren't working, you can tell by looking if they're dangerous to touch or not.

She finds the box and turns around, a confused look on her face. Understanding dawns as she sees Mirai on his knee, and she smiles wide. "Yes, yes! Yes, I will."
    Relationship Upgrade

Mirai flash-steps to his new fiancee's side and opens the box, showing her the ring and placing it on her ring finger while looking her in the eyes. The ring is black like carbon, with a glow-in-the-dark inner surface and a precious gem in the middle, which has an insignia he made up of their names on it: a stylized M that looks quite like a D, followed by a Z. The gemstone setting hides a hinge, for the ring has been made to be removable for when Zither needs to work. "I put a tracker in it, too, that communicates with both my beads and the ring I'll also make for myself. I should get you one of those beads, too."

Pulling her into his arms, he looks in her eyes lovingly for a moment, kisses her, and suddenly steps back to rummage in the fridge, producing a bottle of champagne he'd gotten and saved for this moment. "You see that symbol in the ring gem? We should get matching tattoos." He says, pouring them both a glass and raising it up. "To forever. Got any words to say?"
    Love is the message.

17. - Top - End - #887
    Ogre in the Playground

HALO Laboratories

With a nod, the vigilante reaches for the canister once more before setting it down gently to the side, realizing that interfering too thoroughly with the scientist's experiments could potentially result in a catastrophe. Once the canister is relocated, he taps at his gauntlet, causing a holographic display to form in the air. The display appears to reveal the schematics for some sort of injector gun.

After a pause, he speaks once more.

Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2020-01-05 at 04:46 AM.

18. - Top - End - #888
    Orc in the Playground

Relationship Upgrade

"Oh, wow. That's an amazing ring. I can take it off, though, if I need to? I don't want it to get caught on a cog whilst I'm working. I could lose my ring finger that way." She slips it on now, though, just to see what it looks like and feels on her finger.

"I've... never had a tattoo. Will it show up well against your skin?" She grins at the toast, and chinks her flute against his. "To forever, and us."

19. - Top - End - #889
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post

"... Yes," Reinholdt replies after a moment of hesitation. While technically true, it would also be much more accurate to say he can turn into... whatever he is now. He really should come up with a name for it.

"Also yes. I find the freedom it grants me extremely useful. Largely cause clothes actually kinda suck." Rein smiles a little at the 'joke'. It's probably not one though. "No problems finding the place I hope?"

Korrina raises her eyebrows at Rein. Curious hesitation there, but perhaps another time.

"'Course I didn't. Lived in the Nexus my whole life. I'd have to be a fool to not know where this place is." He'll leave out the part where they took a wrong turn. Rein doesn't need to know that and Korrina's not telling either.

"Hm, it sounds like there's going to be a problem if I'm working here. Delv might protest if you're wandering around naked." The goblin guffaws at that.

20. - Top - End - #890
    Ogre in the Playground

Reinholdt laughs out loud as well, caught off guard. "Haha! Well then, I promise to behave if you will," Rein tells Korrina in order to assure the 'jealous' Delv.

"And here we are," Reinholdt says as they turn the last corner. He knocks briefly on the door to the Fourth Tower's section as a way of announcing their presence before opening the door and stepping inside the room with the large tree tapestry.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

21. - Top - End - #891
    Ogre in the Playground

Korrina enters the room and looks around with a critical eye while Delv hangs back closer to the door. "It's alright, I suppose. I'd have done a few things differently."

"Maybe you could have, if you were actually here." Onyeka's voice catches Korrina off guard. She turns to where her associate is standing in the office room's doorway. "But since you weren't, you'll have to be satisfied with my decisions."

"Oh yes, I heard you were put in charge of moving the furniture. An important task for sure. Someone has to make sure the floor doesn't get scuffed." Korrina puts her hands on her hips and smiles. "I imagine all the important decisions were decided ahead of time, though."

Onyeka clenches her teeth, but she glances at Rein out of the corner of her eye and visibly relaxes. "I'm also supposed to make sure everyone is doing their job, and update Vax. So far she's going to hear good things about almost everyone."

Korrina rolls her eyes. "Fine. Come along, Delv." The goblin starts to walk over to her, but Onyeka abruptly puts up her hand.

"Hold it. If we're going to get this done in time you need to focus. I'm sure he can wait for you to be done."

"You overstep your boundaries, Onyeka. He's my guest and he'll accompany me wherever I choose."

Delv, for his part, keeps his mouth shut. He's not getting in the middle of this.

22. - Top - End - #892
    Ogre in the Playground

Delv is a very wise man indeed.

Reinholdt, on the other hand, is not. He steps up and clears his throat loudly. "Actually, if it's alright with you, I'd like to show Delv something. And ask him a few questions. Man to man. It shouldn't take too long." Reinholdt smiles sheepishly at Korrina. "If it's alright with you."

He doesn't even glance at Onyeka. Not a wink or a nudge or anything! He did nod to her when she first revealed herself though. I guess that counts as acknowledgement.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

23. - Top - End - #893
    Orc in the Playground

Schemes and Sandwiches

Magtok sighs in exasperation. She's just not going to quit, is she? Well fine, if we don't actually have to be in HALO very often, we can begrudgingly allow ourselves to be added to the membership list.

"...Fine. I'll join HALO. You can call me if there's an emergency, but I'm not going to be here very often otherwise," he insists, already trying to figure out how long he should wait before changing numbers. Oh wait, we can't do that; everyone else we talk to uses this number to contact us, don't they? One of them is bound to tell Felandria our new number if we just stop answering the phone, or she'll show up in person to look disappointed at us. Dang it, there's no easy way out of this mess, is there?
    Felandria seems very pleased by this news.

Glad to have you, Magtok, even in a satellite advisory capacity.

I’m just happy to have the support of my friends.

Plus, I can give you a keycard, lets you come and go when you please, even if it’s to raid the kitchen for a midnight snack.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

24. - Top - End - #894
    Ogre in the Playground

The two women look at him at once. Onyeka grimaces and glances away. Korrina just smiles. "Of course, that seems just fine by me. What do you think, Delv?"

The goblin shrugs. "Don't see why not. I don't need to distract you the whole time." He chuckles.

25. - Top - End - #895
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "Oh, wow. That's an amazing ring. I can take it off, though, if I need to? I don't want it to get caught on a cog whilst I'm working. I could lose my ring finger that way." She slips it on now, though, just to see what it looks like and feels on her finger.

"I've... never had a tattoo. Will it show up well against your skin?" She grins at the toast, and chinks her flute against his. "To forever, and us."
    Relationship Upgrade

"Yeah, I designed it so you can..." Mirai unlatches the ring, showing her how to remove it and put it back on. "Easy as pie. I'm getting the exact same one for myself, y'know, but with no gemstone. I won't let you lose any parts." He says, kissing her.

Seated with flutes in hand, he responds to her tattoo-related question with a grin. "It'd be red with a black outline, it'd be visible on both our skins." Intertwining his hand with hers, he drinks from his flute and watches her drink from hers. "I told my mum of my desire to do this, and she approved wholeheartedly. She likes you, y'know. Let's portal to Raptor Island in Seaside, let her see your ring on your hand." Covering the champagne bottle and taking it with him, he downs the contents of his flute, grabs hers when it's empty and pulls her up so they can head to the portal.
    Love is the message.

26. - Top - End - #896
    Ogre in the Playground

"Thank you." Reinholdt nods politely before he turns to head back out with Delv, giving Onyeka a warm smile on the way out.

Once they're out and far enough away from the room where Rein's sure no one can overhear him, even with basic enhanced hearing, Rein comments to Delv. "Your girlfriend sure is a handful, isn't she?"

Rein will be leading Delv to... His office! Newly set up. Cozy. Nice rug, nice chairs, fancy desk, liquor cabinet, bookshelf, and even an antique looking record player, though it's actually one of those faux new ones that just look antique.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

27. - Top - End - #897
    Orc in the Playground

Relationship Upgrade

Zither grins puts the ring back on, and pulls him in to a kiss. She doesn't down her champagne, preferring to sip and savour it. Mirai gets a raised eyebrow at simply necking his champagne; that's not what was supposed to be done with it!

She'll either slow Mirai down or just be dragged along with her flute of bubbly.

28. - Top - End - #898

[Hallways]

Should anyone walk around in the hallways he might hear the sound of siege weapons as they get shot. They might even note that it sounds like a smaller version of that. If they investage futher they will first see a little green ball shot around a long floor, how strange.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

29. - Top - End - #899
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hah! I ain't answering that." Delv is a prudent man. "You better where you say stuff like that. Korrina likes you now, but you don't want to be on her bad side."

The goblin takes a glance around the office and nods. "So you couldn't think of a better excuse than you wanted to show me 'something', eh?" He laughs.

30. - Top - End - #900

Felandria's Room

I kinda thought... you'd just drink it. Nigel says. I made it strawberry flavoured... He mutters to himself. Nigel put a lot of effort into both these nachos and the potions. You want to play the... drums? Are you just saying that to wake up Felandria? Nigel asks with a frown. She might as well sleep. As far as I can tell this disease sorta needs you to be awake to work. Nigel says. To be honest that's more of a guess than anything. He eats some more nachos.

HALO Laboratories

Nigel shrugs. Great? Is "terrorist-at-large" all I'm getting here? Who the hell are you? Nigel asks, looking the vigilante up and down as he leans back in his seat, one hand dropping into his bag in a motion he probably thinks is subtle. Is he about to get his skull crushed by some random terrorist who wandered into HALO to steal chemical weapons? Maybe!

Show