New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

[Arriving from Vigil]

Calm Reed arrives in the underwater base. She's a tall, powerfully-built woman wearing a leather coat that looks like it's riveted with plates on the inside. On her head is a straw hat. Her skin is pale, but with a shade of blue around her eyes. Travelling through water in that vehicle was certainly an interesting experience. She didn't expect to find anyone living at the bottom of the sea. Is this the demesne of a water elemental? She'll have to investigate later. For now, she goes to look for Reinholdt.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #962
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Leaving Thankmas (a long time ago)]

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Kitty (and a Tag Thief)]

"Not even a little jealousy, huh?" Kitsuki mock pouts. A little jealousy can be flattering. But her expression immediately shifts to a sly smile once more. "A lack of jealousy has its perks too, though. You know what those are?" She grins, clearly up to something.
    Obriane knew that smile all too well. Kitty ensured that she lived in exciting times. "No, but I'm sure you're about to tell me, Kitty of mine."

3. - Top - End - #963
    Ogre in the Playground

"Sometimes sharing can be great fun. You know, if we had a guest." Kitsuki leans over and whispers in Obriane's ear a small taste of what they could get up to if Rein were to be their guest.

[More Forth Tower Settling]

Delv laughs. "That's just what I tell people. Really it was a small kitchen fire. Emptied the whole building into the parking lot for an hour. I was on crowd control duty while it was taken care of and along comes Korrina, looking like a goddess with bed head, ready to cut anyone to ribbons with her tongue. I guess I left a good impression." The goblin shrugs with an easy smile on his lips.

"Suppose I ought to get back to Korrina or she's going to come looking for me before long. I can find my way back if you have things to do. I ahve a good head for directions. Unless you want to enter the war zone." He laughs again.

4. - Top - End - #964

Obriane blinks and her cheeks darkens as she hears this suggestion. She had overheard her mother mentioning something like this before and if there was anyone else she imagined hearing it from, it was probably Kitty. It made a scary amount of sense.
    "Um..." Is her only response to this.

5. - Top - End - #965
    Ogre in the Playground

Kitsuki winks lavasciously and then stands up. "I think it's time to get going." She makes to start gathering up the three babies. "Annie's been stuffing her pockets at the snack table, so we better interrupt her." She talks totally normally, not like she said anything scandalous at all.

6. - Top - End - #966
    Pixie in the Playground

[Mirai's Replacement]

A woman enters the base.

To be precise, a tall and fit woman with dark skin, navy blue sclera and bright blue eyes, with shoulder-length dark brown hair streaked with grey and plaited into cornrows enters HALO's underwater base. She wears a green wedding band and is dressed in a form-fitting African-print shirt, Nigerian army camo trousers and combat boots.

The stern-faced woman stands around, watching for a cat called Reinholdt.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

7. - Top - End - #967
    Ogre in the Playground

[Vet Visit]

Well that went well Rein thought as he steps out, closing the door behind him. The thought lasts a few steps down the corridor until he realizes just how weak he's feeling and that he's shaking all over. He steps to one side and just... Rests against the wall long enough to push all those overwhelming feelings he doesn't need deep down inside where they belong. Goddesses he needed a drink. Once he feels like his legs will cooperate long enough to get him there, he'll immediately to his room and lock the door. No visitors tonight! Just him and his best friend Jack. To help him process it all.

Sometime later...

[Late Evening Phone Call]

Kitty's phone is ringing! If she has upgraded to the modern era with caller ID, it will list Reinholdt as the person on the other end of the call.

Reinholdt laughs. "Dang, really? Well you had me fooled. I could've imagined you as a volunteer firefighter. Consider taking it up. Impress Korrina all the more."

Rein hesitates afterwords though. "I... Suppose I should be a good host of some sort and make sure everything's going alright." Rein sighs. War zone was an accurate description. He slowly stands. "Well, let's go smooth over some tempers." He'll head back with the goblin.

[Vigil Arrival]

Due to the influx of people who have been looking for him or Felandria lately, Reinholdt has reluctantly put up easy to follow signs that point the way to their offices. Rein manages to keep someone in there at all times through a clone based tag out system. To be fair, Rein finds his office desk the second the best desk to sleep on. Felandria's desk being the first.

Neither of which he's doing because he did call Calm Reed over. So he's sitting professionally in his humanoid form in the appropriate seat when he beckons her inside. He's also called Harley to join them. Hopefully she got there first so he could brief her a little and if there's spare time to make out, do that too.

Professionally.

[Mirai's Replacement]

Due to the influx of people who have been looking for him or Felandria lately, Reinholdt has reluctantly put up easy to follow signs that point the way to their offices. Rein manages to keep someone in there at all times through a clone based tag out system. To be fair, Rein finds his office desk the second the best desk to sleep on. Felandria's desk being the first.

Sleeping on his desk is exactly what he's doing in the office when the stern-faced woman arrives. The door is unlocked should she just walk in. If she knocks, he'll wake quickly and the cat will get into a better position of sitting regally upon the desk before inviting her in.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2020-03-12 at 06:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #968
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post

Sleeping on his desk is exactly what he's doing in the office when the stern-faced woman arrives. The door is unlocked should she just walk in. If she knocks, he'll wake quickly and the cat will get into a better position of sitting regally upon the desk before inviting her in.
    [Mirai's Replacement]

Enitan follows the signs she sees, leading her to Reinholdt's office. Of course, she knocks on the door and waits to be invited in before opening the door and walking inside.

With the kind of people who she saw walking around the base in VIGIL, and the different things she's seen on her way here, it shouldn't surprise her that Reinholdt is an actual cat. Still, she manages a look of dull surprise, but it quickly passes.

"Reinholdt? I am Enitan. That's Eh-nee-ton, the last n is silent. I'm here on behalf of Dami Himura, who went by Mirai here. He's left to get married and I'm his replacement." She says, half-expecting the cat not to answer.
    Love is the message.

9. - Top - End - #969

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Arriving from Vigil]

Calm Reed arrives in the underwater base. She's a tall, powerfully-built woman wearing a leather coat that looks like it's riveted with plates on the inside. On her head is a straw hat. Her skin is pale, but with a shade of blue around her eyes. Travelling through water in that vehicle was certainly an interesting experience. She didn't expect to find anyone living at the bottom of the sea. Is this the demesne of a water elemental? She'll have to investigate later. For now, she goes to look for Reinholdt.
    [Vigil Arrival]

Neither of which he's doing because he did call Calm Reed over. So he's sitting professionally in his humanoid form in the appropriate seat when he beckons her inside. He's also called Harley to join them. Hopefully she got there first so he could brief her a little and if there's spare time to make out, do that too.

Professionally.
    [Vigil Arrival]

Maybe if Calm Reed had swam there, she could have beaten Harley into the office.

As it happens, the reverse is true.

Harley's pregnant, but it's only barely noticeable. She's at the stage where she feels full of energy so that presumably shouldn't impede anything. She's a bunnygirl with a light makeup on her, and her hair is pulled back. Skirt, blouse, flats, purse large enough to hold investigative things like gloves, notebook, etc; pretty normal outfit.

She's had some briefing so she knows what to expect, and a professional make-out session as well, so depending on how fast Calm Reed gets there, they'll either be at the tail end of the make-out sesh or she'll be touching up her makeup.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2020-03-12 at 11:11 AM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

10. - Top - End - #970
    Titan in the Playground

[Vigil Arrival]

To her credit, and perhaps averting a great deal of awkwardness, Calm Reed does knock. She walked briskly through the corridors and the signs let her do so without wandering, so she arrived fairly quickly.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

11. - Top - End - #971
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mirai's Replacement]

Reinholdt tilts his head quizzically to one side. "If the n is- Nevermind."

Rein was only familiar with Mirai on a cursory level and had no idea a replacement was coming, however welcome. "Welcome then. Do you want Mirai's old room then, or one of your own?"

[Vigil Arrival]

There's some shuffling before Calm Reed hears, "Come in." When she does, she'll see a nice office. Cozy. Nice rug, nice chairs, fancy desk, liquor cabinet, bookshelf, and even an antique looking record player, though it's actually one of those faux new ones that just look antique. A glowing purple crystal sitting on the desk stands out.

"Welcome. Calm Reed I presume? Get comfortable. Would you like a drink?" He didn't offer one to Harley. But there were extenuating circumstances!
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

12. - Top - End - #972
    Pixie in the Playground

[Mirai's Replacement]

So, the cat indeed talks. Curious place, this is. Mirai wasn't speaking metaphorically, after all.

Enitan pronounces her name again so he gets it ((third pronunciation file, the first two badly mangle it )), and nods when welcomed. "His old room, please." She simply says in her quite-raspy voice, not one for talking too much. "Also, in your words, I would like to know more about this organization... about this world in general."
    Love is the message.

13. - Top - End - #973

[Vigil Arrival]

In that case, the bunnygirl is just here looking into a compact mirror to touch up her makeup. Making sure her lipstick hasn't smeared, etc.
    You know, normal things that people do when waiting, especially if you haven't been offered a drink for extenuating circumstances.

Once satisfied, Harley closes the mirror and puts it away.

She then turns to Calm Reed. Harley's pretty sure she's never actually met Calm Reed, but she is with Vigil, so she then introduces herself and says, "Hi, I'm Carlie. I believe we'll be working together."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

14. - Top - End - #974
    Titan in the Playground

[Vigil Arrival]

"Just some water, please." If Calm Reed has noticed anything amiss, she doesn't show it. Sadly, it appears that she makes Wenomir look effusively emotional and open. "I am Calm Reed, yes. It does appear as though we'll be working together."

15. - Top - End - #975
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mirai's Replacement]

"Yes, I got you the first two times," Reinholdt assures Enitan as he hops down from the desk. "This way."

The cat will begin leading the way to Mirai's old room while answering her question. "Well... This organization is for those interested in helping people through research and development while remaining casual. A laid back environment for scientific discovery. Occasionally situations pop up that volunteers help handle. Plagues, missing person, etc. We just do what we can. I would recommend talking to Felandria if you need something definitive. She's got connections in Riverside and always knows something that needs doing."

"As for this world? Uhh... People immigrate here a lot? I guess that's one way to look at it. I don't see much difference between this world and any sufficiently advanced world with dimensional travel technology. This place is hardly unique. A melting pot of cultures that have touched it." Reinholdt shrugs.

[Vigil Arrival]

"Water? Uhh... Probably have that around here somewhere..." Reinholdt gets up and spends some moments looking for it, before finding it in the farthest back corner of the office. He brings up two bottles, offering one to each of them since Carlie can drink it. It's a designer brand with Nephthys on the label, because cats are picky about their water. It's probably exactly as good as any other bottled water, but with the taste of extravagance that comes purely from the price tag.

He's glad Carlie introduced herself though. He wasn't sure if Harley wanted to be more open in general, or just with him. That answers that question. Carlie when others were around, Harley when Rein has her to himself.

"Down to business then. A group of sick coal miners came in, worried about a missing person. The sickness appears to just be an overwork issue and unrelated to the disappearance. Here's a transcript of the details I could get." Rein will hand them both a copy of the answers he got earlier.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2020-03-15 at 12:23 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

16. - Top - End - #976

[Vigil Arrival]

Carlie thanks him and grabs the water.

It does taste extravagant, so there's that point in its favor.

She looks over the transcript and drinks some water.

She says aloud what she feels are the most important parts. "So, Robert Cotton, but multiple people went missing over time. That might make it easier, especially if they all went missing to the same place. I'm thinking it might be one of those 'promotions' -" she looks up, feeling she might have to explain what she's thinking - "you know, where they tell you they're going to transfer you but it's really to some....well, unwilling position."

Okay, back to her thoughts: "That checks out with Olympian Extractions being in Skyside. Len Morris is a possible lead, but if there are a bunch of people who went missing, I suppose pretty much any higher-up would know."

Carlie glances at Calm Reed, to see what else she thinks about it.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

17. - Top - End - #977
    Titan in the Playground

[Vigil Arrival]

Calm Reed takes a drink of water. Odd taste to it. But water is water, in the end.

"Len Morris is the only one whose name we know, so he's a start," she says. "But it doesn't say here if the others who went missing were also called to the foreman's office first. There might be some different circumstances that are relevant."

18. - Top - End - #978
    Ogre in the Playground

Kitty's phone is ringing! If she has upgraded to the modern era with caller ID, it will list Reinholdt as the person on the other end of the call.

"Rein? What's up?" Kitsuki answers after a few rings. She certainly wasn't expecting a call at this time.

Reinholdt laughs. "Dang, really? Well you had me fooled. I could've imagined you as a volunteer firefighter. Consider taking it up. Impress Korrina all the more."

Rein hesitates afterwords though. "I... Suppose I should be a good host of some sort and make sure everything's going alright." Rein sighs. War zone was an accurate description. He slowly stands. "Well, let's go smooth over some tempers." He'll head back with the goblin.

"Hey now, don't sell me short. I'm still a firefighter." Delv clarifies. It's just the story that wasn't so climactic.

As they return to the Fourth Tower area it hasn't been melted into slag or blown off the side of the base. In fact it's all quite quiet from the lobby area. "Hey, we're not swimming!" Delv says in good spirits. "Hrm, you know what room they're in?" Five different doors leaves a lot of option. Though they can already see the office door is open and the room empty.

19. - Top - End - #979
    Ogre in the Playground

[Vigil Arrival]

"I was under the presumption the others had disappeared in a similar way based on their tone, but that would be a good thing to verify with them when you get there." Assumptions are dangerous after all.

Reinholdt gives them a friendly parting smile, but it comes off a bit nervous.

Which he is. He doesn't want Harley to go at all if he were honest. His every instinct is to lock her up safe and tight for the next eight months or so. Which is exactly what he shouldn't do. She wouldn't stand for it, and probably would do something even crazier than he already knows her for if she were cooped up like that. The next best thing is to go with her himself, but he's almost certain he'd just fret and make a scene. Plus it's even more important now that she's moved into HALO to show that they're both still capable of independent lives. Gah, he needs a drink.

"Heyyyy," Rein's voice is on the other end! Ignore the minor slurring. "What did I mess up? I always mess it up. That's just what I do. But usually I know, you know? But that time you know, and I don't know. I'm tired of messing up. I don't want to do it this time. I just... I just want it all to work out and I need to know how to not mess up."

[More Fourth Tower Settling]

"Oh. Sorry." Reinholdt avoids the obvious short pun because for every short pun a goblin's had to suffer, he's suffered a cat pun. Though maybe suffer isn't the right word for it.

Rein ends up pointing to a few of the harder to notice mechanisms of the base. "If they did blow up, the rest of the base would be sectioned off and only they would drown. Or magically breathe underwater. Mostly." So long as nothing malfunctioned! Theoretically. Probably.
    He's going test those seals after Delv leaves.

Looking around in the lobby, Rein shakes his head and shrugs. "Didn't get much farther than this last time I was here." It's quiet though. Usually you hear some muffled something to get a hint where someone is. Rein puts his finger to his mouth to indicate Delv should be quiet too as Reinholdt tries one of the doors, number 4 in fact. Doesn't even knock! Just tries to cautiously and silently open it and peek inside. His old treasure hunting days shining through, but also he's afraid that if he knocks or otherwise loudly startles a mage possibly in the middle of a ritual, something might actually explode. And hey, if that gives him an excuse to get a good look behind the curtain, then so be it.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2020-03-17 at 09:58 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

20. - Top - End - #980
    Pixie in the Playground

"Yes, I got you the first two times," Reinholdt assures Enitan as he hops down from the desk. "This way."

The cat will begin leading the way to Mirai's old room while answering her question. "Well... This organization is for those interested in helping people through research and development while remaining casual. A laid back environment for scientific discovery. Occasionally situations pop up that volunteers help handle. Plagues, missing person, etc. We just do what we can. I would recommend talking to Felandria if you need something definitive. She's got connections in Riverside and always knows something that needs doing."

"As for this world? Uhh... People immigrate here a lot? I guess that's one way to look at it. I don't see much difference between this world and any sufficiently advanced world with dimensional travel technology. This place is hardly unique. A melting pot of cultures that have touched it." Reinholdt shrugs.
    [Mirai's Replacement]

Enitan follows, listening to the talking cat, nodding in understanding when told just what the organization is about. "I'm a soldier, a colonel. My ability to self-clone, along with small and medium objects, makes me suitable for solo missions. However, I'm also adept at military science, technology and engineering. I will be useful here." Mirai did say she'd fit in here. Skill-wise, at least. She makes a mental note to visit Felandria, who's been described as a giant to her, so she's expecting someone much taller than the redhead will turn out being.

"I see. My world doesn't have dimensional travel, but it has portal technology, and an anomaly made travel here possible. However, there are only a few of us here from different parts of the world.." She explains. "I also have the ability to make clones of myself, under my command." It's up to Reinholdt to determine where she'd be the most useful, based on that information shared.
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2020-03-18 at 12:05 PM.
    Love is the message.

21. - Top - End - #981

[VIGIL Arrival]

Yeah.
    That's a good point.
    It would be helpful to differentiate the people who went missing just because it's dangerous and the people who went missing because of the company.

"I'd bet most of them went missing the same way, but it is Skyside. People go missing there on occasion. It'd be strange if there were no false positives."

Anyway, "Yeah. Um. Bye," she says. She waves at Reinholdt as she leaves, but takes her water with her because it's not finished yet.

The bunnygirl leaves the office and waits for Calm Reed to come along, to leave the base and head to Skyside. "So, you ever been to Skyside? I've been there enough times to know my way around, but not enough to have heard of Olympian Extractions.'

((=> Skyside?))
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

22. - Top - End - #982
    Ogre in the Playground

((I'll post the other scene tomorrow.))

Oh boy, what has Rein been up to? "What do you mean? When did you mess up?" This'd be more funny if he didn't seem distressed.

23. - Top - End - #983
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mirai's Replacement]

HALO's structure is far too lax for Reinholdt to tell her where to be and what to do. Something she's probably not used to being a soldier. "Clones of yourself, huh? Sounds useful. I wish I had clones. Then I could take more naps!" Rein grins at Enitan before stopping at a door.

"We have a bunch of aircraft if you want to deal with those." Rein waves his paw around. "But what we could really use is some sort of... Stealth buggy. You know, for recon." Recon is pretty useful. "Is that the type of military engineering you mean? I must admit, I'm not well versed on the subject."

Rein tilts his head. "Oh we're here. We haven't touched it."

"Pffft, when HAVEN'T I? Like how I left Rabbit when she was at her lowest and she killed herself. Or... Or... How Ermine was taken hostage by the time travelling regeneration robutt bent on destroying all life and I shot her to escape the trap and I know it was probably an image of her but it felt so real and maybe it was real and it had to have been real cause she never came back. And don't get me started on Tabitha!" There's a breath at least.

"But you know what? I'm over those things! I recognize my failings and moved on and stuff! I... I can mess up? That's allowed right? But I can't do it anymore. Like there were sparks when we met. But it was two dates! One and a half! Oh goddesses, what if it happened while we were mermaids? I'm not ready to be a mermom!"
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2020-03-19 at 10:31 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

24. - Top - End - #984
    Pixie in the Playground

[Mirai's Replacement]

Enitan's facial expression doesn't change, but she's not surprised a cat would enjoy naps. "I can tend to air craft, but I am not air force." She simply says in response. "A stealth buggy for recon, I can do. I will need materials, however."

Once they come to the door, Enitan thanks Reinholdt, opens the door and looks inside. Ah, yes, just as Mirai said he'd left it. He was even kind enough to return and design it so it'd be useful to her, even though it still needs a few more tweaks. Generating a perfect copy of herself, the original walks in and shuts the door, leaving Rein with a the clone.

"It's perfect. Thank you. While I make myself at home, might you show me around and lead me to materials?" Enitan-2 asks.

((Perhaps introduce her to Dorotoa or something?))
    Love is the message.

25. - Top - End - #985
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mirai's Replacement]

"We'll I can show you where we keep the generic stuff, but most of it is stuff like beakers, chalk, and maybe some oil. We special order largely based on the member needs so you'll have to draw up a list and we'll get it to you."

Rein watches the cloning with some interest before turning to give her a tour. "Sure. Might as well see what we've got." Reinholdt will show her the closets of stuff, the portal to the airbase, the library, and the labs, pointing out ones that have already been claimed. He's not going to intrude on them, but Dorota could hear them talking or be stepping out if she's inside. "You're free to take any empty lab for your own if you want. Oh and down that way is the Fourth Tower section. They're affiliates specializing in magic research."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

26. - Top - End - #986
    Titan in the Playground

[Mirai's Replacement]

Dorota can indeed be seen exiting her lab with her golem Sizewell in tow. The golem is wearing enormous overalls while Dorota is in a lab coat, as well as thick gloves and goggles. A low, steady thrum is coming from the lab as the door closes.

"Oh, hello Reinholdt. Is this a new member with you?"

27. - Top - End - #987
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh. Sorry." Reinholdt avoids the obvious short pun because for every short pun a goblin's had to suffer, he's suffered a cat pun. Though maybe suffer isn't the right word for it.

Rein ends up pointing to a few of the harder to notice mechanisms of the base. "If they did blow up, the rest of the base would be sectioned off and only they would drown. Or magically breathe underwater. Mostly." So long as nothing malfunctioned! Theoretically. Probably.
    He's going test those seals after Delv leaves.

Looking around in the lobby, Rein shakes his head and shrugs. "Didn't get much farther than this last time I was here." It's quiet though. Usually you hear some muffled something to get a hint where someone is. Rein puts his finger to his mouth to indicate Delv should be quiet too as Reinholdt tries one of the doors, number 4 in fact. Doesn't even knock! Just tries to cautiously and silently open it and peek inside. His old treasure hunting days shining through, but also he's afraid that if he knocks or otherwise loudly startles a mage possibly in the middle of a ritual, something might actually explode. And hey, if that gives him an excuse to get a good look behind the curtain, then so be it.

The fourth door is the storage room! He'll learn that quite quickly when he sees shelves stacked with a whole variety of items. Most are wrapped or boxed somehow, so it's hard to get much insight about what's in here. There's also a person. A vanara woman with reddish brown hair and dressed in a white, sleeved blouse and a colourful, patterned skirt. She's rifling through a box when Rein sticks his head in. She becomes quickly aware of his presence and her head swivels toward him. "Um, may I help you?" She might be slightly familiar. He may have seen her in passing yesterday as she was helping with moving in.

"Pffft, when HAVEN'T I? Like how I left Rabbit when she was at her lowest and she killed herself. Or... Or... How Ermine was taken hostage by the time travelling regeneration robutt bent on destroying all life and I shot her to escape the trap and I know it was probably an image of her but it felt so real and maybe it was real and it had to have been real cause she never came back. And don't get me started on Tabitha!" There's a breath at least.

"But you know what? I'm over those things! I recognize my failings and moved on and stuff! I... I can mess up? That's allowed right? But I can't do it anymore.
    Like there were sparks when we met. But it was two dates! One and a half! Oh goddesses, what if it happened while we were mermaids? I'm not ready to be a mermom!"

That's a whole lot to dump on her all at once, and only some of it she can interpret. "Rein, slow down. Did something happen? You're not making sense right now. Take a breath, sit down, and talk to me."

28. - Top - End - #988
    Ogre in the Playground

Reinholdt kinda vaguely recognizes her. He mostly just remembers the monkey hanging the tapestry. Different from her certainly. Gah! He was caught so quickly too. That's what gets for snooping while mildly tipsy. "Yeah... which room's the ritual room?"

"Sor-sorry," Rein sounds mildly abashed and takes a breath. Two. "I just... didn't know who else to call. You're the best mom friend I know. Annie's such a great girl. You and Obry... fantastic moms." He's about a moment away from telling everyone in the room he loves them all.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

29. - Top - End - #989
    Pixie in the Playground

[Mirai's Replacement]

"We'll I can show you where we keep the generic stuff, but most of it is stuff like beakers, chalk, and maybe some oil. We special order largely based on the member needs so you'll have to draw up a list and we'll get it to you."

Rein watches the cloning with some interest before turning to give her a tour. "Sure. Might as well see what we've got." Reinholdt will show her the closets of stuff, the portal to the airbase, the library, and the labs, pointing out ones that have already been claimed. He's not going to intrude on them, but Dorota could hear them talking or be stepping out if she's inside. "You're free to take any empty lab for your own if you want. Oh and down that way is the Fourth Tower section. They're affiliates specializing in magic research."
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Dorota can indeed be seen exiting her lab with her golem Sizewell in tow. The golem is wearing enormous overalls while Dorota is in a lab coat, as well as thick gloves and goggles. A low, steady thrum is coming from the lab as the door closes.

"Oh, hello Reinholdt. Is this a new member with you?"
    [Mirai's Replacement]

Enitan takes note of everything she's shown, making a mental note of what to request for so she can get started on the Stealth Buggy. She chooses an empty lab when told she can, making another mental note to design it to her liking. She simply nods when pointed to the Fourth Tower section, in the unlikely event that she needs to visit.

After eyeing the golem, Enitan turns to Dorotoa. "Yes, I am new here, replacing Mirai. Call me Enitan, and you are?"
    Love is the message.

30. - Top - End - #990
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mirai's Replacement]

"Ah yes Enitan, this is one of our alchemists, Dorota," Reinholdt says, motioning towards her. "And her golem, uhh, Sizeright wasn't it?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast