New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Labs

She smiles at him slightly. "Apology accepted.

I see."
    She says in response to that he knows what he's doing. She's certainly not one to argue. "If you wish. Though I believe we're a dry base now. Reinholdt stole all the rum." And then leads them off to the kitchen!
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Kitchen]

All of the rum is indeed gone. And all the other liquor. With but one exception in a bottle of vodka left untouched buried in the furthest reaches. Reinholdt indignantly said something about stereotyping and Russian Blues, but it shall not be repeated since literally no one was around to hear him. Who was he talking to?

No one's gone shopping for more booze yet. Well, Rein has, but none of it has ever successfully made it back to the kitchen.
    [Kitchen]

While that news causes Mirai's seemingly ever-smiling face to sour a bit, it doesn't last! "In that case, I'll have to brew some. Say, asides that scientist lady that apparently didn't want to be disturbed, any other members in the base right now? I like getting to know new people." He says, with a thumbs-up.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Kitchen]

All of the rum is indeed gone. And all the other liquor. With but one exception in a bottle of vodka left untouched buried in the furthest reaches. Reinholdt indignantly said something about stereotyping and Russian Blues, but it shall not be repeated since literally no one was around to hear him. Who was he talking to?

No one's gone shopping for more booze yet. Well, Rein has, but none of it has ever successfully made it back to the kitchen.
    Well, one person at least has definitely gone shopping for more booze! But it's impossible to tell, due to that she's kept it all in her corner of the lab.

Quote Originally Posted by Meltdowner View Post
    [Kitchen]

While that news causes Mirai's seemingly ever-smiling face to sour a bit, it doesn't last! "In that case, I'll have to brew some. Say, asides that scientist lady that apparently didn't want to be disturbed, any other members in the base right now? I like getting to know new people." He says, with a thumbs-up.
    "You brew?" Tour asks, politely, and curious. "As for other people, I believe Fel is around, at least. Somewhere. Not sure where she's gotten to though."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Pixie in the Playground

"You brew?" Tour asks, politely, and curious. "As for other people, I believe Fel is around, at least. Somewhere. Not sure where she's gotten to though."
    [Kitchen]

Mirai nods once. "I do lots of things." He responds cryptically. "I'm quite the 'crafter'. Ninja training is more than just fighting and blasting lightning, you know."

As soon as he finishes saying that last sentence, a Pikachu with a heart-shaped tail opens one of the formerly-empty cupboards from the inside and jumps down, stepping forward to appraise the ninja guy. "Pika." She says, generating some lightning and then seemingly waiting for something. When Mirai generates some lightning around his hands, the pikachu squeaks happily and hugs the guy's leg, letting himself be picked up to be petted. Then, it jumps down to look at Tour, after which she waves.

"I think I just made a new friend. Fel, you say? I met her during a prior Thanksmas. Can't wait to see her again." He says, pulling out a box of pizza from a tin that shouldn't fit an item of that size, and he does so by using an inventory screen that appears in front of him.
    Love is the message.

4. - Top - End - #154

[Kitchen]

Mirai nods once. "I do lots of things." He responds cryptically. "I'm quite the 'crafter'. Ninja training is more than just fighting and blasting lightning, you know."

As soon as he finishes saying that last sentence, a Pikachu with a heart-shaped tail opens one of the formerly-empty cupboards from the inside and jumps down, stepping forward to appraise the ninja guy. "Pika." She says, generating some lightning and then seemingly waiting for something. When Mirai generates some lightning around his hands, the pikachu squeaks happily and hugs the guy's leg, letting himself be picked up to be petted. Then, it jumps down to look at Tour, after which she waves.

"I think I just made a new friend. Fel, you say? I met her during a prior Thanksmas. Can't wait to see her again." He says, pulling out a box of pizza from a tin that shouldn't fit an item of that size, and he does so by using an inventory screen that appears in front of him.
    Tour blinks a few times.
    That's not like the ninjas she knows of at all! They were just all about fighty!
    Maybe this guy isn't aaaactually a ninja. She's seen enough anime to basically be an expert.
    "Good old Pikachus.

Uhhh. Yeah, that does sound like something she'd do.
    . . .
    what was that?"
    She asks, curious about the inventory management.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Pixie in the Playground

Tour blinks a few times.
    That's not like the ninjas she knows of at all! They were just all about fighty!
    Maybe this guy isn't aaaactually a ninja. She's seen enough anime to basically be an expert.
    "Good old Pikachus.

Uhhh. Yeah, that does sound like something she'd do.
    . . .
    what was that?"
    She asks, curious about the inventory management.
    [Kitchen]

Mirai sees that reaction and looks curious. So many people hear 'ninja' and have an image in their mind. Granted, he conforms to the image a bit, but the ways he doesn't conform draw people's attention in social contexts. "Well, this is the Nexus and there're different types of ninja..." He feels the need to mention, just in case, as he pats the Pikachu. "I'm gonna call her Cessily. Do you like that?" He asks the pikachu, and she nods, pika-ing happily at her new name.

Her curiosity at the inventory management makes him smile, and he's happy to explain. "Where I'm from, we're essentially born with nanites, and we can interface with our mobile device to project holoscreens. Since we have what people call 'bags of holding' as our Storage Tins, we need to be able to sort through what we have. They're made hard to break, which is good since breaking one would fill the room with stuff in it." He explains in depth as he opens the pizza, slices it with a knife and noms on one, offering another one to Tour. A third is eaten by Cessily, quite happily too!
    Love is the message.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Orc in the Playground

[Kitchen]

Mirai sees that reaction and looks curious. So many people hear 'ninja' and have an image in their mind. Granted, he conforms to the image a bit, but the ways he doesn't conform draw people's attention in social contexts. "Well, this is the Nexus and there're different types of ninja..." He feels the need to mention, just in case, as he pats the Pikachu. "I'm gonna call her Cessily. Do you like that?" He asks the pikachu, and she nods, pika-ing happily at her new name.

Her curiosity at the inventory management makes him smile, and he's happy to explain. "Where I'm from, we're essentially born with nanites, and we can interface with our mobile device to project holoscreens. Since we have what people call 'bags of holding' as our Storage Tins, we need to be able to sort through what we have. They're made hard to break, which is good since breaking one would fill the room with stuff in it." He explains in depth as he opens the pizza, slices it with a knife and noms on one, offering another one to Tour. A third is eaten by Cessily, quite happily too!
    Just then, Felandria pops into the kitchen, wearing headphones and boogieing to the music a little as she heads to the fridge and grabs a fruit juice before she notices the others.

Oh, hey there.

I see we have some guests, Tour?

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

7. - Top - End - #157
    Orc in the Playground

"Noooooothin' in particular!" She replies, bouncing a bit on the balls of her feet. "I mean. Other than the work orders for some large bits of hardware I already put in!" And it's true! There were some, say, 'I need a CAT scan machine thing!' notes left piled on Fel's desk. "Other than those, though, I'm gooooood.
    How about you? Anything I can do to help?"
    Ah, yes, the papers, she wasn’t entirely sure what everything was, especially why they need a whole machine just to scan Reinholdt, but she ordered them nevertheless.

Oh, yes, well, the equipment should be arriving any day now.

If you could send more of the allergy gummies to my office, that would be fine.

I want to make sure we are prepared for any and all medical emergencies.

8. - Top - End - #158

[Kitchen]

Kitchen

Tour blinks a few times, having that exactly image of ninjas in her head. After all! She's seen, like . . . maybe two ninja animes. She's basically an expert.
    "Nanomachines, Son." She nods a few times. "Of course. That makes as much sense as anything in the Nexus, I suppose.
    I will pass though, on the pizza."
    She says, holding a hand up. "It goes straight to my b-"

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Just then, Felandria pops into the kitchen, wearing headphones and boogieing to the music a little as she heads to the fridge and grabs a fruit juice before she notices the others.

Oh, hey there.

"-oss! Hello! Yes! This is Ninja Miri! He just joined!"

Ah, yes, the papers, she wasn’t entirely sure what everything was, especially why they need a whole machine just to scan Reinholdt, but she ordered them nevertheless.

Oh, yes, well, the equipment should be arriving any day now.

If you could send more of the allergy gummies to my office, that would be fine.

I want to make sure we are prepared for any and all medical emergencies.

Scanning cats is important! After all; they have an entire machine for it! It's gotta be important.
    . . .
    right?

"Of course! I will do that personally, soon as I get back to the . . . . Hm. Medical Area? I suppose is correct. I prefer the Feel Better Flooftorium though. So if I call it that, that's what I mean!"
    Show

9. - Top - End - #159
    Pixie in the Playground

Kitchen

Tour blinks a few times, having that exactly image of ninjas in her head. After all! She's seen, like . . . maybe two ninja animes. She's basically an expert.
    "Nanomachines, Son." She nods a few times. "Of course. That makes as much sense as anything in the Nexus, I suppose.

Oh, hey there.

[Kitchen]

When Tour says that first statement, Mirai chuckles. He's heard that before, and found the context funny. "Yeah, the Nexus, where your wildest imagination turns out to be real. Gods actually walk among us, like that one lady in the Good League. And I always thought fox girls had 9 tails, but you have more than 3 times that!" He replies, at the end revealing the fact that the tails have been on his mind. Cessily takes Tour's speech as permission to take her pizza slice for herself.

"Hi, Felandria! We met in Thanksmas. We never actually interacted more than saying hi, I was Hotaru the ninja girl then. First taste of Nexus weirdness was getting turned into a girl, it wore off in a couple years. And it's Mi-rai, Tour-chan."
    He explains, generating some lightning on his hand as he says the 'rai', the pikachu doing the same with her tail for the one second that Mirai does it for.
    Love is the message.

10. - Top - End - #160

[Kitchen]

When Tour says that first statement, Mirai chuckles. He's heard that before, and found the context funny. "Yeah, the Nexus, where your wildest imagination turns out to be real. Gods actually walk among us, like that one lady in the Good League. And I always thought fox girls had 9 tails, but you have more than 3 times that!" He replies, at the end revealing the fact that the tails have been on his mind. Cessily takes Tour's speech as permission to take her pizza slice for herself.

"Hi, Felandria! We met in Thanksmas. We never actually interacted more than saying hi, I was Hotaru the ninja girl then. First taste of Nexus weirdness was getting turned into a girl, it wore off in a couple years. And it's Mi-rai, Tour-chan."
    He explains, generating some lightning on his hand as he says the 'rai', the pikachu doing the same with her tail for the one second that Mirai does it for.
    Kitchen

Tour nods a few times. "This is very true. There are definitely gods among you all." And then she scoffs slightly. "Pff. Nine. Children; all." As if that explains everything.

Then she listens and nods a few times. "Mirror." Tour that's still not correct and I think you know it.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

[Entry Pods]

A slim blonde human woman wearing a pair of glasses, a dark green jacket and a long, brown skirt adorned with alchemical symbols, arrives at HALO. She looks around curiously if there's someone to greet her - Reinholdt or someone else. His offer interested her enough to at least come and take a look.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

[Around]

A newcomer arrives in HALO! He's a spectacled, black-haired teenager with fairly nice clothes and a mildly handsome face. He's heard HALO is a bunch of good people who strive for JUSTICE and stuff, and also that they have a very good nurse who is very good at what she does. And so he must find this Nurse! All he knows about her is where she works and that she is pink.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

13. - Top - End - #163
    Orc in the Playground

Kitchen

Scanning cats is important! After all; they have an entire machine for it! It's gotta be important.
    . . .
    right?

"Of course! I will do that personally, soon as I get back to the . . . . Hm. Medical Area? I suppose is correct. I prefer the Feel Better Flooftorium though. So if I call it that, that's what I mean!"
    I prefer that name, actually.

Might hafta get a sign made.

- - - Updated - - -

[Kitchen]

Well, it’s very nice to meet you again, Mirai.

So, you and your Pikachu are looking to join HALO, I hear.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Pixie in the Playground

Kitchen

Tour nods a few times. "This is very true. There are definitely gods among you all." And then she scoffs slightly. "Pff. Nine. Children; all." As if that explains everything.

Then she listens and nods a few times. "Mirror." Tour that's still not correct and I think you know it.
    [Kitchen]

Tour's words don't escape his notice, and his eyes widen a bit, but he doesn't say anything about it... yet. "Interesting choice of words." When she gets his name wrong again, he smiles a little. "If I didn't know any better, Tour-chan, I'd say you were doing it on purpose." I mean, she got it close to right on the first try, and then just went the other direction. "Mee-Rye."

Well, it’s very nice to meet you again, Mirai.

So, you and your Pikachu are looking to join HALO, I hear.
    Cessily nods her head several times. "Pi!" She says, and Mirai continues. "Tour-chan said we could join, I said I'd serve as a fighter, tech specialist and greeter." Then he repeats what he told Tour to Felandria.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Entry Pods]

A slim blonde human woman wearing a pair of glasses, a dark green jacket and a long, brown skirt adorned with alchemical symbols, arrives at HALO. She looks around curiously if there's someone to greet her - Reinholdt or someone else. His offer interested her enough to at least come and take a look.
    [Entry Pods]

Mirai appears in a burst of purplish-blue lightning! He's a human-looking male with chocolate brown skin, amber eyes, black sclera, natural afro hair and trimmed beards, dressed in an African-print kimono, trousers and palm slippers. "Welcome to HALO, Miss! I'm Mirai, your greeter for today, are you looking to join?" The friendly brother of Karasu asks.
    Love is the message.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

[Entry Pods]

"I might," Dorota says, nodding in greeting. "I was invited here by Reinholdt and I came to see this place to help me decide. My name is Dorota Serégon, an alchemist."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

16. - Top - End - #166

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    [Around]

A newcomer arrives in HALO! He's a spectacled, black-haired teenager with fairly nice clothes and a mildly handsome face. He's heard HALO is a bunch of good people who strive for JUSTICE and stuff, and also that they have a very good nurse who is very good at what she does. And so he must find this Nurse! All he knows about her is where she works and that she is pink.
    Around

She is, in fact, very good at her job. Best bet would be the infirmary, which he can likely find quite easily.
    And inside is, in fact, Much Pink.

I prefer that name, actually.

Might hafta get a sign made.
    "Yay, signs!" Nurse says, hopping up and down a few times, clapping excitedly.

[Kitchen]

Tour's words don't escape his notice, and his eyes widen a bit, but he doesn't say anything about it... yet. "Interesting choice of words." When she gets his name wrong again, he smiles a little. "If I didn't know any better, Tour-chan, I'd say you were doing it on purpose." I mean, she got it close to right on the first try, and then just went the other direction. "Mee-Rye."
    There a nearly imperceptible twitch from Nurse, somewhere in there.
    "I would never, Mirai."

Cessily nods her head several times. "Pi!" She says, and Mirai continues. "Tour-chan said we could join, I said I'd serve as a fighter, tech specialist and greeter." Then he repeats what he told Tour to Felandria.
    And there's that small tick again.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Grant finds the infirmary thanks to some helpful signs. "Hello? I- oh my gosh" Grant steps in, closing the door behind him.
    "Hiya my name's Grant and you're fluffy- I mean, I was looking for you. I think. You're the nurse here right?" he asks, but his eyes don't know what to focus on. So much pink. So fluffy. Also, pretty lady! What a conundrum...

18. - Top - End - #168

[Infirmary]

Grant finds the infirmary thanks to some helpful signs. "Hello? I- oh my gosh" Grant steps in, closing the door behind him.
    "Hiya my name's Grant and you're fluffy- I mean, I was looking for you. I think. You're the nurse here right?" he asks, but his eyes don't know what to focus on. So much pink. So fluffy. Also, pretty lady! What a conundrum...
    Infirmary

"Hello!" She says, jumping up to her feet. "I am indeed the Nurse. How may I help?" Her tails, all of them, swish slowly behind her.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Infirmary

Grant stares at the tails, and also at Nurse. He's having trouble making eye contact with all this visual input. He's also feeling rather foolish. She's a nurse, can she really help him?
    "Um, so a while ago faeries tried to take over my school and my friend got turned into a spooky fox-girl but like, the bad kind, and I almost got turned into a naiad-pegasus thingamajig and it made me kinda pretty and I shot water at the bad fox that ate Rey's Name and it felt super cool even though it was eating my soul. And then I managed to get rid of it and that made me mostly normal again. And then I got body switched with this dragon wizard and got to b a super cool giant strong magic dragon but I had to give his body back so I never even got to fly or do magic or break a tree because I was huge And now being a normal nerd again kind of um, sucks And well now I, uh, well, aw this is stupid I'm sorry." he says, looking away. He shouldn't be bothering this nice lady with his weird existential personal problems. Even if they had some sort of magic medical formula to help him, would they even share it with some stranger?
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2019-03-24 at 05:42 PM.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Pixie in the Playground

[Entry Pods]

"I might," Dorota says, nodding in greeting. "I was invited here by Reinholdt and I came to see this place to help me decide. My name is Dorota Serégon, an alchemist."
    [Entry Pods]

"Ooh, Reinholdt. I've never met him, I'm quite new here." This bubbly individual has an air of confidence and manliness to him, and he looks back at her with intelligent eyes. "An alchemist, huh? I'm a tinkerer myself, mostly of electronic technology. Perhaps in the future, you could teach me a few alchemistic tricks, to broaden my knowledge? Wait, by alchemy, you do mean 'mixing of things together to create effects', right?"
    Love is the message.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

[Entry Pods]

In contrast, Dorota is cool, composed and somewhat aloof.

"That's one way to put it. It's more about transmuting materials, with other ones frequently serving as catalysts. But it's rather on the low end of the technology scale."

22. - Top - End - #172
    Orc in the Playground

Felandria giggles and gives Cessily scritches.

Well, I believe you will both be quite welcome here.

You know, Cessily, I know a thing or two about lightning too!

- - - Updated - - -

"Yay, signs!" Nurse says, hopping up and down a few times, clapping excitedly.
    Do you want it to light up?

Neon?

Or something more straightforward?

Ooh, maybe the sign itself could be floofy?

23. - Top - End - #173
    Pixie in the Playground

There a nearly imperceptible twitch from Nurse, somewhere in there.
    "I would never, Mirai."
    Felandria giggles and gives Cessily scritches.

Well, I believe you will both be quite welcome here.

You know, Cessily, I know a thing or two about lightning too!
    [Kitchen]

If Mirai manages to notice the twitch, he doesn't give any indication. Or perhaps, the smirk is more directed at her words. "Well, don't expect me to treat you differently, though I hope we can still be friends. Planar technology means I can be on hand to greet, or a robot being remotely controlled by me, or even Cessily." He has his own deity, one he's not as serious about worshipping as he should be, given his status. Hey, Ruth is a high-ranking celestial, and he's nice to her but not in a reverential way. She seems to prefer it that way, though that's just Ruth. "You seem bubbly, and so am I, so we should get along!" He doesn't say yay, but you can almost hear it in his voice.

If she denies it or says something like 'I don't know what you're talking about' he'll just reply with "Exactly." and drop it.

"And thank you, Felandria-san." He addresses the redhead, bowing to her, then Nurse, then finishing up with his pizza. "Want some pizza?"

Cessily's only interested in two things so far (asides food): getting to be a stand-in greeter for HALO (she'd be allLegendary-Detective-Pikachu-like, but for greeters, and that's super cool) and Felandria knowing about lightning. More friends to make!

"Pika?"
    She asks, interestedly, waiting to see what Felandria's got.

[Entry Pods]

In contrast, Dorota is cool, composed and somewhat aloof.

"That's one way to put it. It's more about transmuting materials, with other ones frequently serving as catalysts. But it's rather on the low end of the technology scale."
    [Entry Pods]

"I find that magic and technology are one and the same from a certain point of view. At least, dis is true for my world. Transmuting with magic? Only specific people have that ability in my world, asides from the use of chemistry and stuff." Mirai replies.

"So, Miss, Reinholdt is out right now, he should be back soon, but I can attend to you in his stead. May I have your details? A detailed version I mean."
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2019-03-29 at 05:07 PM.
    Love is the message.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

[Entry Pods]

"I don't know if I'd call what I do magic. Some would. It's certainly more time-consuming than casting spells," Dorota says. "In any event... I work at Erin's Emporium with my wife. Maybe you've heard of it. I came here years ago on a... mission from my guild and took a job there to support myself. Since then I've technically attained the rank of a master, since I've performed a masterwork - a golem - and took on an apprentice."

25. - Top - End - #175
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Infirmary

"Oh no, not at all!" The Nurse beams brightly, her smile actually lighting the room up juuuust barely noticeably. "Nothing super special! They're just very floofy." She swishes them from side to side a little bit, the small amount of movement still causing her to need to twist a bit to adjust to keep her balance. "Definitely not a hindrance though! They are quite hypoallergenic, and I would never dream of shedding in here! Especially while on the clock!
    . . .
    The rest of the base you're probably going to find some shed hairs. But never in here!"
    She insists, nodding a few times.[/COLOR]
    The Infirmary

Faith nods. "So are they in fact helpful to your work then? I have met others with tails such as yours that also inherit magical powers. Is that true for you as well? Do you have any particular gifts that help you in your work?" Besides controlling how her tail shed of course.

26. - Top - End - #176

Infirmary

Grant stares at the tails, and also at Nurse. He's having trouble making eye contact with all this visual input. He's also feeling rather foolish. She's a nurse, can she really help him?
    "Um, so a while ago faeries tried to take over my school and my friend got turned into a spooky fox-girl but like, the bad kind, and I almost got turned into a naiad-pegasus thingamajig and it made me kinda pretty and I shot water at the bad fox that ate Rey's Name and it felt super cool even though it was eating my soul. And then I managed to get rid of it and that made me mostly normal again. And then I got body switched with this dragon wizard and got to b a super cool giant strong magic dragon but I had to give his body back so I never even got to fly or do magic or break a tree because I was huge And now being a normal nerd again kind of um, sucks And well now I, uh, well, aw this is stupid I'm sorry." he says, looking away. He shouldn't be bothering this nice lady with his weird existential personal problems. Even if they had some sort of magic medical formula to help him, would they even share it with some stranger?
    The Nurse blinks.
    Several times.
    "I- I apologize. I only made out about half of that. But I believe you're saying you were turned into a girl and were pretty and felt awesome, then were turned into a dragon and were cool and felt awesome." She digs around in her floof, and then hands him a fairly standard medical clipboard. "Would you go over that again, please? And please, breathing is good for you. Don't pass out on my account. And would you fill this sheet out?" People always seem more calm filling out boring paperwork! It grounds them in the moment very well.

Do you want it to light up?

Neon?

Or something more straightforward?

Ooh, maybe the sign itself could be floofy?
    Nurse's eyes go wide.
    "Could it be light up?! And pink?!" She asks, face full of hope.
    "What if, what, instead of the sign being floofy, could we get like. Like. One of those bath mats that are super cushy, but make it say 'welcome'?"

[Kitchen]

If Mirai manages to notice the twitch, he doesn't give any indication. Or perhaps, the smirk is more directed at her words. "Well, don't expect me to treat you differently, though I hope we can still be friends. Planar technology means I can be on hand to greet, or a robot being remotely controlled by me, or even Cessily." He has his own deity, one he's not as serious about worshipping as he should be, given his status. Hey, Ruth is a high-ranking celestial, and he's nice to her but not in a reverential way. She seems to prefer it that way, though that's just Ruth. "You seem bubbly, and so am I, so we should get along!" He doesn't say yay, but you can almost hear it in his voice.

If she denies it or says something like 'I don't know what you're talking about' he'll just reply with "Exactly." and drop it.

"And thank you, Felandria-san." He addresses the redhead, bowing to her, then Nurse, then finishing up with his pizza. "Want some pizza?"

Cessily's only interested in two things so far (asides food): getting to be a stand-in greeter for HALO (she'd be allLegendary-Detective-Pikachu-like, but for greeters, and that's super cool) and Felandria knowing about lightning. More friends to make!

"Pika?"
    She asks, interestedly, waiting to see what Felandria's got.
    Kitchen

Unfortunately for Mirai, denying or saying something like that never crossed her mind at all.
    Instead she nods, and says "I see.
    Well, now that the two of you have been introduced, I should go see to the infirmary. I'm expecting a shipment of supplies today. Do either of you need anything?"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    The Infirmary

Faith nods. "So are they in fact helpful to your work then? I have met others with tails such as yours that also inherit magical powers. Is that true for you as well? Do you have any particular gifts that help you in your work?" Besides controlling how her tail shed of course.
    "They help keep people calm, because they are friendly and happy and fuzzy and cute.
    I- . . ."
    She blinks a few times. "I do. Have inherited magical powers, that is. They are more the byproduct than the causation of the powers, but my talents lie in the healing side of things. I will not -- and truthfully don't believe I can, but see no reason to test -- hurt people with my abilities, but I am very good at diagnosing and caring for people, no matter what their particular injuries."
    Show

27. - Top - End - #177
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Infirmary

Faith nods again. "Mm." She taps something on her phone before looking up to meet the nurses eyes again. "So given your training and abilities, how well-prepared would you say HALO is dealing with a hypothetical outbreak of a deadly disease in say, Inside? It's a situation that occasionally comes up but I'm not aware of any plans for. Most efforts, based on my own experience, is in healing magic such as cure disease and the like."

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Grant flushes.
    ”Um, almost. The faerie water made me pretty and gave me white hair and horse legs but I was still a guy. But the water came from a naiad so that’s probably the weird place it was going. The dragon thing was a body swap. Um. That is the long and short of it. It just made me feel...special, you know? And now I’m back to being...no one anyone would notice.” he says, filling out the paperwork.
    Spoiler: Form
    Show
    Name: Grant Masters
    Species: Human
    Male
    Height: 5’9”
    Weight: 132 lbs
    Hair color(s): Black
    Eye color: Brown
    Profession: N/A
    Existing medical conditions: Farsighted, prescription glasses
    Recent medical conditions: body switch, faerie infection

Grant hands Nurse back the paper.
    ”Uh, I didn’t know everything it asked for so I just did the easy stuff.” Not everyone knows all their information and measurements on hand. He was mostly guessing on the height.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2019-04-05 at 01:42 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Pixie in the Playground

[Entry Pods]

"I don't know if I'd call what I do magic. Some would. It's certainly more time-consuming than casting spells," Dorota says. "In any event... I work at Erin's Emporium with my wife. Maybe you've heard of it. I came here years ago on a... mission from my guild and took a job there to support myself. Since then I've technically attained the rank of a master, since I've performed a masterwork - a golem - and took on an apprentice."
    [Entry Pods -> HALO Tour]

Mirai smiles at Dorotoa as she relates her story, nodding when she's done. "Ah, a fellow Nexus foreigner, no doubt by now accustomed to Nexus weirdness. I came here a few years ago myself on a mission of my own, the end of which saw me spend the next few years as a girl. If you ever heard of a female ninja called Mirai doing stuff around, that was me. Wore off in 3 years, shortly before I found my way back home, but it was a good experience, being a girl." He's in no hurry to repeat the experience, however. "I hunt monsters by trade, and I build and maintain electronic gadgets between hunts, also for a living, both after training. My girlfriend handles the strictly mechanical, so were we to work together, I got you covered there too."

When he finishes, he gestures forward to the hallway. "Would you like a tour?"
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2019-04-02 at 10:20 AM.
    Love is the message.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

[HALO Tour]

Dorota quirks an eyebrow.

"Three years as a woman? Well, I suppose it's been known to happen. But I haven't heard of anyone by the name Mirai. And I certainly would like a tour. It's what I'm here for. Though I don't know if I'd call myself a Nexus foreigner anymore. After living here for so long, getting married to someone from here... it's home now."