New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: HALO 183: The Not Remotely Gritty Reboot

[Infirmary]

Gara hesitantly takes the gummi in her claw and drops it into her jaws. Not having cheeks means she can't really chew, but she swallows it regardless. It does not make her anything else (hopefully).
    "R-really? You think I'm beautiful and marvelous and wonderful?" she asks, blushing and continuing to squirm bashfully. No one ever really gave her compliments before. Especially not beautiful fox-ladies.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

[Labora-Dory]

"Ah," Rein says knowingly. Happens to everyone. No need to dwell.

"Makes sense. Gotta grow into it and all that. Well then we just have to entice you with a larger shell." Reinholdt motions about. "Still, I think the best benefit is the ability to brainstorm with others. I think you'd particularly get along with Grace, a chemist, but she's still moving in at the moment." And doesn't need to be overwhelmed with scenes.

"I take it you saw all the amenities as well? I don't know how I'd feel about living in the same building as my work space, but a lot of people find it quite convenient."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Shuttlepod Bay 6

"Why does being in Seaside matter? Raptor Island's got portally devices, and I might be able to bodge one together, if I had a fast enough river or maybe a large steam engine." She'd have to experiment a little, though.

She tilts her head when he explains about her listening skills, looking around to see about what tools and equipment's here and what she'd need to bring down herself. Though some of her tools will come down, if only because they're hers and she trusts them. "So what do you need me to listen to?" She turns and meets his eyes with her own yellow ones.
    Shuttlepod Bay 6

"I know, my love, but should we ever decide to take the scenic route back, enjoy the horizon together and alone, it'd pay to keep in mind just where we are in relation to our destination." Mirai replies, looking around himself. He's already going to bring - or make - most of his own tools, so he's more taking inventory of what's present, much like his girlfriend.

When she turns to look into his amber-on-black eyes, he moves closer to her, squeezing her hand fondly. "You met me as a girl. I tried out the feminine life, found out I didn't like it, but I just went with it, hoping that I'd change back. I managed to get it out of my mind for the most part. Being here again in the Nexus, however... it feels weird. My identity is as a man - even as a girl I was a tomboy, you know this - and I have no desire to change back, but... it feels weird. Almost dissociative, like it happened in another life. I'm not sure what to make of it." When he finishes, he gently strokes her cheek with one hand. "What do you think?"
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Orc in the Playground

Shuttlepod Bay 6- Workshop?

"I think you should talk to somebody. Someone who actually knows how it feels to go from male to female, or someone who can talk you through it to help you come to terms with it. Not me. I'm a simple person, Mirai. If I've got something to build, I'm happy. You know that, and... In this, I don't know how to help you." She squeezes his hand back, a little worried. This is something she really can't help with; it's outside her experience, and she wants Mirai happy.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

[Labora-Dory]

"I haven't seen any of the living spaces, actually," Dorota says. "And I don't know if I'd move in here if I accepted a position. I'd have to talk to Crissy about it, for one thing."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

[Labora-Dory]

"Wouldn't have it any other way. If you want, you should bring her by later and let her see the place." Unless a miracle BR happens, offscreen most likely.

"Let me go ahead and show you the quarters." Reinholdt hops down and starts leading the way.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    The Infirmary

"Of course.

I believe she is doing her best; and her best is quite good. She is quite enthusiastic, and more than willing to step in and ensure that her people get what they need to do their jobs. More than that, however, I don't think I can say. This new HALO has not been around terribly long; and I believe any comparisons would be far too early to call. But I do think HALO is in good hands."
    The Infirmary

"Yeah, its hard to compare someone whose just got the position with someone who held it for basically the rest of its existence. Felandria does have a lot of experience in the field from VIGIL however which likely will help her out. However, I have heard that she's still a member there, is that true? Dual memberships in organizations is not unknown in the nexus, but it is a bit unusual to be the leader of one of the organizations that you're the leader of. Not to mention mayor of Eastside. It's quite an long resume." Faith observes.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

[Labora-Dory]

Dorota follows Reinholdt to the living quarters.

"I admit the idea of having more resources and more ambitious projects than usual is enticing. Normally I work on the store's inventory or commissions."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Shuttlepod Bay 6- Workshop?

"I think you should talk to somebody. Someone who actually knows how it feels to go from male to female, or someone who can talk you through it to help you come to terms with it. Not me. I'm a simple person, Mirai. If I've got something to build, I'm happy. You know that, and... In this, I don't know how to help you." She squeezes his hand back, a little worried. This is something she really can't help with; it's outside her experience, and she wants Mirai happy.
    Lab -> Living Quarters

"Every man needs a woman who'll be there for him through thick and thin, and you've proven to be that woman for me time and time again. I love you."
    Mirai says, kissing her gently on the lips. "Just hearing your thoughts, knowing that you want me happy as I want you happy, is enough." He finishes, smiling and looking lovingly into her eyes.

"I'll get on that as soon as possible, I promise." He says finally, trying to put her at ease. "This being the Nexus, there's bound to be many who can help. I met a many-tailed floof person who strongly implied she was a god, and while she seems perfect to help I'm afraid in her bid to help she'd turn me back or something. I don't want that."

"In other news, let's go see our room. Living quarters should be big enough, and since we're living together, my room will be our room. You can help furnish it." He changes topic to something more lighthearted, smiling brighter and tugging her gently in the direction of the rooms. "We can come back and work, not display so much public affection..." He teases, smiling cheekily.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Orc in the Playground

Lab- Living Quarters

"Not every man needs a woman, Mirai. But I get the meaning." She smiles, and kisses back. "A... Many tailed floof person? Well, whatever. I'm sure they'll help if you ask, without changing your gender if you ask." She looks around the apartment with interest, and smiles at him, a little shyly. "I have no issues with public displays of affection, Mirai." She's just happy she's got someone to display affection publicly with.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

11. - Top - End - #221
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    [Infirmary]

Gara hesitantly takes the gummi in her claw and drops it into her jaws. Not having cheeks means she can't really chew, but she swallows it regardless. It does not make her anything else (hopefully).
    "R-really? You think I'm beautiful and marvelous and wonderful?" she asks, blushing and continuing to squirm bashfully. No one ever really gave her compliments before. Especially not beautiful fox-ladies.
    Infimary

"I very much do!" The Nurse says with an affirming smile, and one nod. "Though I maaaaay be a little biased, since I'm the one that gave it to you~" She giggles.
    "Now! Come on! Let's see the others!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    The Infirmary

"Yeah, its hard to compare someone whose just got the position with someone who held it for basically the rest of its existence. Felandria does have a lot of experience in the field from VIGIL however which likely will help her out. However, I have heard that she's still a member there, is that true? Dual memberships in organizations is not unknown in the nexus, but it is a bit unusual to be the leader of one of the organizations that you're the leader of. Not to mention mayor of Eastside. It's quite an long resume." Faith observes.
    The Infirmary MkII

The Nurse shakes her head once at that. "I'm afraid those are a few questions to which I have no answers. She and I have not had a chance to sit down and talk a lot, prior to your visit. This is all quite new, and beyond that she seems to be doing well so far, I'm afraid I simply don't have answers to those."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

Infirmary

Gara giggles, wiggling her tail to poke Nurse gently with its soft end.
    ”Thanks. Wait.
    What others?”
    Just how much did Nurse do?

13. - Top - End - #223

Infirmary

Gara giggles, wiggling her tail to poke Nurse gently with its soft end.
    ”Thanks. Wait.
    What others?”
    Just how much did Nurse do?
    Infimary

The Nurse giggles, and pets at the offered tail.
    "Why, the other two forms I gave you! As much as I love these dragons, most human settlements are built around people being, well, people sized! So I made sure that I gave you a few of those to choose from, depending on your mood!"
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

Infirmary

Gara sighs with relief.
    ”Oh good. I was afraid I was going to be having to worry about fitting through doors.
    Um.
    How do I change?”
    she asks. She has powers like Rey now? That’s neat. And she didn’t even lose her soul! At least she’s pretty sure. Her soul seems to be in the right place.

15. - Top - End - #225

Infirmary

Gara sighs with relief.
    ”Oh good. I was afraid I was going to be having to worry about fitting through doors.
    Um.
    How do I change?”
    she asks. She has powers like Rey now? That’s neat. And she didn’t even lose her soul! At least she’s pretty sure. Her soul seems to be in the right place.
    Infirmary

The Nurse raises a finger, about to make a point.
    Then stops.
    And frowns.
    And pats a finger at her lips.
    "Ummmm. I knew I forgot something.
    Um.
    . . . Hope really hard?"
    Show

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Gara stares at Nurse. Takes a deep breath. Then closes her eyes. And thinks reeeeeaally hard about having two legs and lips and hair again.
    ”Did it work?”

17. - Top - End - #227

[Infirmary]

Gara stares at Nurse. Takes a deep breath. Then closes her eyes. And thinks reeeeeaally hard about having two legs and lips and hair again.
    ”Did it work?”
    Infirmary

The Nurse raises an eyebrow. "Did it?" She asks, smiling slightly.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Gara thinks. She could swear she could still feel a tail...
    But slowly she opens her eyes. ”Maybe?”

19. - Top - End - #229

[Infirmary]

Gara thinks. She could swear she could still feel a tail...
    But slowly she opens her eyes. ”Maybe?”
    The Nurse waits patiently, hands folded in front of her, smiling pleasantly, letting Gara take the next few steps at her own pace.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Gara looks...kind of like how she did before. Except with the same pale-and-purple look she had as a Mizutsine, still tailed and with finned ears and, well,
    ”Did you make me a girl?!”
    Yes that. You’re a little late on that one, Gara. But now that you’re not a repto-mammal it is a bit more obvious. Tall and lithe and that.

21. - Top - End - #231

[Infirmary]

Gara looks...kind of like how she did before. Except with the same pale-and-purple look she had as a Mizutsine, still tailed and with finned ears and, well,
    ”Did you make me a girl?!”
    Yes that. You’re a little late on that one, Gara. But now that you’re not a repto-mammal it is a bit more obvious. Tall and lithe and that.
    Infirmary

The Nurse bounces a few times, clapping her hands giddily. "I did!
    did you not already notice
    Well! I mean. That's why I gave you twoooooo bipedal forms! If you waaaant, you can always go back to being a guy, and that's great!
    I just wanted to give you ooooptions~
    And goodness you truly are adooorable."
    She holds up a mirror that she got from . . . somewhere.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Gara blushes at the continued compliments, and at the mirror, brushing a hand through her hair and the little up-facing draconic features that poke out of it like in her big form. Oh gosh, she looks like Rey did. Now, it isn't as bad as maybe Grant had been thinking back then. Rey's glamour had been influencing his mind. But...still. Gara supposes now she's the one who's gotten hit.
    "U-um. Thank you. I um, I think I probably will go back to being a guy. Um, my dad's a huge jerk and he'll be super mean to me if he sees me like this. Or like the other thing. So um. That." she stammers. But it's ok, because she can just do that. Isn't that nice?

23. - Top - End - #233

[Infirmary]

Gara blushes at the continued compliments, and at the mirror, brushing a hand through her hair and the little up-facing draconic features that poke out of it like in her big form. Oh gosh, she looks like Rey did. Now, it isn't as bad as maybe Grant had been thinking back then. Rey's glamour had been influencing his mind. But...still. Gara supposes now she's the one who's gotten hit.
    "U-um. Thank you. I um, I think I probably will go back to being a guy. Um, my dad's a huge jerk and he'll be super mean to me if he sees me like this. Or like the other thing. So um. That." she stammers. But it's ok, because she can just do that. Isn't that nice?
    Infirmary

The Nurse frowns. 'Dad's a huge jerk' does not sit well with her.
    At all.
    "Well. You definitely have the freedom to be who, and what, ever you want. Your dad doesn't have any right over that. But I do understand wanting to avoid explosions or angry.
    So. You're welcome to hang out around here. Be whatever makes you comfortable.
    And maybe go visit Civvy's Realm at some point. You'd be just as welcome there as you are here. You could meet some of your other dragons, even."
    She says with another smile. "And I am absolutely not simply rewriting reality, and then sending you on your way. If you'd like, I can help you get comfortable with yourself? Show you the ropes, as it were."
    Show

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

Infirmary

Gara frowns nervously.
    "He's...not a bad person. He just has expectations of me that aren't realistic. And he's also rude. Sometimes I wish he was nicer. But um, I'd gladly take any help you're offering." she says, hope creeping into her voice.

25. - Top - End - #235

Infirmary

Gara frowns nervously.
    "He's...not a bad person. He just has expectations of me that aren't realistic. And he's also rude. Sometimes I wish he was nicer. But um, I'd gladly take any help you're offering." she says, hope creeping into her voice.
    Infirmary

The Nurse frowns again. Hmmmm. That might need to be addressed later.
    "Yes, yes, of course, let me help you out with some of the basics, at the least!" She says, before heading off to do exactly that!
    Show

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Labora-Dory]

Dorota follows Reinholdt to the living quarters.

"I admit the idea of having more resources and more ambitious projects than usual is enticing. Normally I work on the store's inventory or commissions."
    [Labora-Dory]

"That's great for practice and the occasional surprise, but doesn't let you flex those creative muscles as often. Do you have a particular project in mind you've been putting off?" Reinholdt asks curiously.

Pushing open a door, he shows Dorota one of the empty rooms. It's fairly spacious. Certainly far more than you'd find on a military vessel or other similar situation involving dorms. At the moment the room has a bed without sheets, a nightstand, a desk and one chair, but is bare beyond that. "As you can see, it comes with basic furnishing. You would be free to decorate however you want. Any remodeling though you should run by Felandria. She's the one in charge of everything. Some people prefer just putting a portal in here and connecting it back to their personal residence or plane. It just depends on your tastes. We're pretty flexible."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

[Labora-Dory]

"I don't think Crissy would be thrilled about moving in here..." Dorota admits. "As far as projects go, I just finished a sort of research projects into my people's gods. I didn't come to any real conclusions, but I'm mostly satisfied with what I've found. One thing I've been meaning to explore is... the alchemy of living beings. It's something I've avoided due to some unsavory experiments my guild had run, but maybe that should change."

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

[Labora-Dora]

"Oh? Does she like something in particular with living? Is that something property ownership?" Rein gets that. Owning things is fun.

He quirks his head. "What... Do you mean medically or something? We have a nurse on staff that could help you out. What is the alchemy of living beings exactly?" Now Reinholdt's imagining a potion you pour on the ground to make a puppy appear.

Ugh. Puppies.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

[Labora-Dora]

"It's not as spacious as our apartment, for one thing. And moving in general is a big undertaking," Dorota says, before moving on to the other topic. "It's... not quite medical, I suppose. Not entirely. While researching gods and divinity, I started thinking about just what separates mortals from divinities. I have met one deity that used to be human. And I wonder... maybe I can find this spark that can turn mortals into gods."

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

[Labora-Dora]

"Ah." Moving is a big hassle. Or so Rein has heard.

"Most people would consider that dangerous research," Reinholdt says. Is he a part of that most people? He's not giving an indication either way at this time. "I've met a few humans turned gods. Angela. The Eves. None of them are around anymore." So he couldn't introduce Dorota.

"Maybe the gods have forsaken the Nexus. Given up on it." Their influence lingers, but their presence has found somewhere else to live.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast