New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1490
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Silly Plots 3: With government backing we can make it very silly

[Bypool Park]

Because she was blocked, Zophiel is still practically upside-down with a hand and a foot on the ground and one leg in the air. The jab hits her stomach, but because of the precautions she made earlier, she still has a stable base and doesn't lose balance.

When her leg that's on the ground gets sweeped at, the paladin flows with the motion of the sweep to raise that leg into the air as well, spinning her into a (very momentary) one-handed handstand. This quickly rolls into a cartwheel - normally, she would use this cartwheel to go around behind Jade, but after seeing the discomfort and distraction in Jade's face, Zophiel opts to instead move laterally to give Jade a moment.

Of course, it's only a moment: the goal is to make Jade feel more comfortable, and letting her get distracted by discomfort is counter to that.

So, she moves in for another high kick: this time, she dives down, lowering her head as close to Jade's feet as possible (to stop her from having a wide range of motion or mechanical advantage when kicking), balancing on her arms - with the left elbow digging at Zophiel's own kidney. Like this, she can do a scorpion kick, with the momentum of diving forward translating into her left foot coming up at Jade's head or shoulders again.

[The Prosaic Tour]

Zophiel definitely should ask that, then.
    Alternatively, she could just not ask about religion and just eventually figure it out on her own. That's an option, too.

She listens to the explanations of each. Makes sense. Okay. Stepmom? That kind-of does make sense, but Zophiel isn't really sure why Leah thinks she should remember or know Keiko. And praying to her daughter(s)...is a little weird, to be honest. But if she could just talk to them, why bother praying to them as well? She'll still do it, but it'll feel really weird, she figures.

She goes up to the shrines to pray at them, but first: "I...don't really have anything cute with me," she claims, hoping that's still alright.
    All her prayers are silent, so.
    Anyway, the first shrine: she largely just thanks for the opportunities to see her daughters and to come back to the Nexus, and apologizes for not having anything to put on the shrine.
    For the shrine of the Day, she just...thinks. No prayers, huh? She'll have to remember to do something for that later.
    The third shrine, it's just a simple prayer.
    Now to Keiko. While not entirely sure how accurate what she's saying is, she confidently thanks Keiko for taking care of her daughters and Cleo.
    And, the last one would probably be the most awkward one, she feels. So she says, hi, and - just like when she met Anchor, and Leah, and everyone else, a little uncertain about what to say.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [The Mythic Tour]

Leah thinks that Cleo would have already explained that whole situation to Zophiel. Apparently not!

It's not really alright to not have any cute things, now that she knows. But nothing goes too wrong.

At the second to last shrine, I can only expect that Zophiel feels an immense cheeriness and positive energy.

And at the final one, Zophiel gets an immediate answer.
    Hey mother. How interesting to see you here. You know, I don't have any proper paladins of my own.
    Don't mind Leah being so intense. It's nothing personal.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Troll in the Playground

Bypool Park

Jade recovers from her distraction, forcing herself to not think about her body, just in time to see Zophiel's kick coming. She jumps sideways and once again takes up a ready stance, hands in a defensive position in front of her body (awkwardly further away from it than she's used to holding them).
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Felix's Tower]

"Whatever you want." Felix chuckles. "That's your golem, now. It'll obey your commands. Now obviously we made quite a small and simple pair here, so they're only capable of carrying out simple instructions. You know, "lift this" or "follow me" or "put this down", that sort of thing." Felix reaches over into the pile of supplies and pulls out an incredibly small, fine quill. "But there is one last little thing. We have to give them names. Something for them to answer to. Typically you do this at the back of the head, just above the neck. Think about the name you give it, focus on it. It needs just the tiniest, tiniest spark of magic to bind its name to it. And then that really is it. It's a little safety net of sorts, helps make sure it will only ever listen to you. For a mage to wrest it away from you, they'd have to get hold of it and decipher your arcane signature. Now we don't really need that level of security on little things like these, but it's good practice to do anyway. Golems can sometimes get muddled, I could list no end of embarrassing incidents from golems accidentally accepting a command from someone else because their creator skipped this step."
    [Felix's Tower]

Krayger nods and takes the quill. Focusing, he writes on the back of the golem's neck "Kuvar" as small as he can manage. Which is still a bit big; he has very large fingers and small movements can be hard.
    "Done. What are you doing for yours?" he asks.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

5. - Top - End - #1085

[The Legendary Tour]

In the future, Zophiel will have to just carry around cute things, just in case.

As someone who still isn't completely grasping the situation, Zophiel isn't entirely sure which daughter Message(?) is but is glad that she is talking about Leah in third person, because it would feel weird going to a shrine to pray to someone who is right there rather than just talking with them.

Yeah...I'm sure you already know, but I'm back for now, she prays. To be honest, Leah is right. I haven't really been thinking through what I'm doing and how it affects others.

[Bypool Park]

Once her foot touches the ground again, Zophiel twists on her elbow so that her legs point towards the now-retreated Jade. Her back is upward, and her legs are twisted and slightly spread like an open pair of scissors. Her head's turned so she can see, as well.

She then follows after Jade, 'crawling' backwards towards Jade, so that one leg is behind Jade and the other is in front.

She sort-of leaps from the ground, launching her feet up into a twist - not in a kick, but in a takedown attempt. The leg behind Jade goes after the back of her knees, while the front leg goes after Jade's stomach, trying to use the momentum to force Jade to fall backwards.

"You okay?" she asks as she does this, referring back to the moment that Jade felt uncomfortable with her body movements.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

6. - Top - End - #1086

Default [The Story-fabled Tour of Zophiel]

A blue light flares up slightly behind Leah's sunglasses, as she listens in to the prayers.
    Hehe. I'm your original daughter. These others are fragments, reflections, of me.
    I'm afraid it wouldn't be a good idea to meet face-to-face, with your seal the way it is.

That's true. You haven't been a very good parent, or a very good paladin. But I'm still glad you're back.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Troll in the Playground

Bypool Park

"I'm... Fine." Jade doesn't sound very fine. She's definitely still uncomfortable. Distracted by talking and... Other things, she doesn't get out of the way of Zophiel's attack. She falls onto her back, a bit stunned from the impact. "Oof. Need to work on my balance." Her center of mass is in a very different place than it used to be.
    Last edited by bc56; 2020-05-18 at 01:36 PM.

My Nexus characters

8. - Top - End - #1088

[Bypool Park]

Zophiel backs away, to let Jade get reoriented and get up again. She was hoping, after a takedown, to be able to do a cool move like doing a cartwheel on top of the other person to stop them from moving, but...Zophiel's not really in the right position to do that from here.

And she gets back up. "The more you get knocked over, the more you'll get accustomed to balance," she claims, promising to attempt more takedowns. "And then you''ll get more practice falling, too." Since, if you get taken down, you're supposed to not get stunned, but instead keep on moving. She's sure that Jade already knows that, and it's just another symptom of not being used to the balance.

She waits for Jade to get back up.
    Once that's there, she continues the 'getting used to your body shape' training by doing a mid-height hammer kick.

[Zophiel's Fabulous Tour]

Listening into someone else's prayer?
    That's...
    Well...
    In this situation, it's alright.

That...I was kind-of wondering what had happened. An aspect or reflection sort of thing makes a lot of sense. And answers a bunch of questions that Zophiel was content with putting off for later. "Considering what happened over at the Temple of Inari...yeah, that would not be a good idea.

Speaking of the seal, Considering the rate of deterioration of the fourth quarter of the seal...looks like I have at least until the end of the year. That's...even if your father doesn't figure something out, that should be enough time to get better at both of those, right?. Maybe not to the level of 'very good' but at least 'good' seems achievable. It's nice talking with you.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Troll in the Playground

Bypool Park

Jade steps back out of reach again, but then jumps forward, launching into a roundhouse kick with her back foot. She's throwing herself into the challenge with more vigor now. "Even like this, I'm no slouch."

My Nexus characters

10. - Top - End - #1090

[Bypool Park]

Zophiel smiles. That's good: Jason's getting into it.

Accustomed to dealing with roundhouse kicks, Zophiel flows in the direction of the roundhouse kick and lowers herself nearly into a crouch, to go under the kick.

And, continuing the dodging motion, she plants a hand onto the ground and does a roundhouse kick as well, in the same direction as Jade's.
    The paladin's doing the same reverse roundhouse that she started the fight with, except aimed at mid-height instead of a high kick.

((question: do you want to keep on going move-by-move? Or should we skip ahead to when they're both tired or exhausted or whatever?))
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Troll in the Playground

Bypool Park

(We can skip ahead)

The fight drags on for several minutes, with both combatants trading kicks and punches back and forth. Soon, Jade is panting and exhausted, and (although she doesn't realize it quite yet,) much of her discomfort has been forgotten in the rush of adrenaline and competitive spirit. "Phew. One sec. I just need to catch my breath." Moments later, she's lying on her back in the grass, still breathing heavily.

My Nexus characters

12. - Top - End - #1092

[Bypool Park]

"Okay."
    Zophiel, who is also out of breath, opts to go over to the pond to cool off instead of letting the wind do that.

She scoops up water onto her face, and then holds her head up to the sky to let it drip down.

Once there's no danger of it going into her eyes, she turns and takes the couple steps back. "That was fun," she says. "I've just been doing training by myself for a while."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Troll in the Playground

Bypool Park

Jade is fine with just lying there. "Yes it was. I haven't felt this good since..." She trails off in surprise. "I feel good!" Her body fits better now. Maybe it's just the practice moving, but she feels more natural than she did when they started. She still feels female, but that's not such a bad feeling anymore.

My Nexus characters

14. - Top - End - #1094

[Bypool Park]

"Yeah, exercise always helps me feel better," Zophiel says. It shows, too: she's really in shape.

Plus, y'know, there's the adrenaline and endorphins from doing that.

She gets to stretching while her muscles are still all warmed up. "Just make sure you keep on training, okay? Do that, and you'll get used to your center of mass and balance pretty quickly." And that way, even if Jade doesn't turn back to Jason soon, she won't feel as mopey and uncomfortable as she was earlier.

Seeing that Jason's attitude is better, Zophiel feels pretty good about it, and decides doing all that was the right choice.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Troll in the Playground

Bypool Park

Jade gets back up and begins stretching out as well. "I'm really not sure what to do with myself. Do I go all in on," She motions at her body, "This? Or do I only do what I must?" Of course, her clothes probably say that she's at least subconsciously made up her mind. She could have chosen much less feminine exercise clothes if she wanted. Maybe she just wants confirmation that she's making the right choice?

My Nexus characters

16. - Top - End - #1096

[Bypool Park]

Zophiel is probably not the best person to ask this sort of question. "Umm..." She looks up and down. As a precaution so that her advice isn't taken too seriously, she says, "So nearly half my life was spent surrounded by succubi so any answer I give should be viewed from that lens," she says. "But you're still you so it doesn't matter what you wear so long as it's comfortable."

And then, as a second point, she says, "Likewise, doesn't matter what you look like because you're still you." Which is Zophiel's opinion on the matter, which probably explains the quick acclimation every time this sort of thing has happened to Zophiel.

She gives an apologetic laugh: "Sorry, that's probably not the kind of answer you wanted, huh?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Troll in the Playground

Bypool Park

"Not really." But it helped a little nonetheless. Jade glances down at her body thoughtfully. "I guess if I'm going to be stuck as a woman, I might as well enjoy myself?" Try things she never would have done as a man. Learn what it's like to be a woman. "Is that a good idea?"

My Nexus characters

18. - Top - End - #1098

[Bypool Park]

It only takes a little bit of thought for Zophiel to come to her answer. "Yeah, I think it's a good idea," she says.

She then explains what led her to that answer: "Just feeling and doing you were earlier today -" Jason feeling bad for herself "- wouldn't help and not enjoying yourself is a pretty awful way to live." Says the paladin who spent several years alone, feeling bad.

Zophiel reaches down to lift up her two huge swords, to put them on her back...only to remember that in this outfit there's no way they can attach there.
    So she just holds them awkwardly.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Troll in the Playground

Bypool Park

"I think you're right." Jade was spending much of her time feeling sorry for herself, and that wasn't sustainable. "But then what should I try first? What should I do as a woman?" She has a couple ideas, but she's looking for suggestions.

My Nexus characters

20. - Top - End - #1100

[Bypool Park]

Zophiel has no idea how to answer this one. 'The first thing you should do is get pregnant.'
    "Um." No. That's bad advice.

She thinks.
    "Are...are you dating anyone?" she asks. "Or, if not, any close friends? I'd recommend spending time with them first. Especially if you've been avoiding people you know up until now."

She pauses. That's not really any good ideas. "Both of us just went shopping together, so I guess that's kind-of taken care of."

"As a reminder, most of the women I had met through my life before the Nexus were succubi. So, um..." She thinks more. How should she say this? "If you do that, decide beforehand if pregnancy's on the table."

"Or, maybe...a better thing to do would to just hang out with other women you know."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Troll in the Playground

Bypool Park

That's good advice, if not exactly an answer to the question Jade was asking. She nods along for the first bits, until she hears the bit about succubi. "Oh, no. I'm not interested in... That." Not now. Probably not for a long time, if ever. That would be the most awkward thing she could possibly do. "I think I have some ideas now." For the last bit, she'll have to get to know some more women. She doesn't know very many.

My Nexus characters

22. - Top - End - #1102

[Bypool Park]

Zophiel doesn't know that many people, either.

But, after hearing that's not really what Jade was thinking about, she has an idea.
    She snaps.

Or, snaps as well as possible while holding two massive swords.
    "Maybe you've already got these ideas," she prefaces, as Jason already has some ideas, "but I'd recommend a nice relaxing bath. Whether that's hot springs, or candles, or rose petals, or whatever. Also, while at the mall, pick a whole bunch of different kinds of clothes that you think would look good on someone. Try them out, and see how it feels on you and if it's the same wearing it as looking at it, and if you like it."

Also, don't go hiking through the snow in a skirt.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Troll in the Playground

Bypool Park

"That's a pretty good idea. I think I'll try that," Jade replies, more to the shopping than the bath. She's well aware that her body is physically quite attractive, and finding clothes to suit that could be fun. Although she should probably bathe before she does any shopping anyway. She picks up the bag which has her old clothes in it. "I guess I'll see you around?"

My Nexus characters

24. - Top - End - #1104

[Zophiel - Live on Tour!]
    Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    Listening into someone else's prayer?
    That's...
    Well...
    In this situation, it's alright.

That...I was kind-of wondering what had happened. An aspect or reflection sort of thing makes a lot of sense. And answers a bunch of questions that Zophiel was content with putting off for later. "Considering what happened over at the Temple of Inari...yeah, that would not be a good idea.

Speaking of the seal, Considering the rate of deterioration of the fourth quarter of the seal...looks like I have at least until the end of the year. That's...even if your father doesn't figure something out, that should be enough time to get better at both of those, right?. Maybe not to the level of 'very good' but at least 'good' seems achievable. It's nice talking with you.
    The end of the year? That's hardly any time at all. But...yes, a lot could happen.
    Yeah. You'd better get started right away, though.
    There's a sense that Message is happy with her.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #1105

[Bypool Park]

"Yeah!" She smiles. "Hope to see you later."

She adjusts the swords so that she can wave. Zophiel then goes to the restroom to change back so that the swords no longer have to be awkwardly carried.

[Tour de Zophiel]

Zophiel probably ought to explain this better, but since she won't, the narrator will: it's just the fourth seal that'll last until the end of the year. So long as at least one of the other three - the physical, the mental, and the magical - remains intact, then Zophiel will continue remaining Zophiel. Which is why she said 'at least until the end of the year'.
    So long as everything goes well, it could be indefinite.

Talking with Message like this has also left Zophiel happy.
    Thanks, she says. Um...bye. I'll make sure to talk with you more later.

The prayer ends, and Zophiel gets up and away from the shrine, going back to Leah. "Hey. Sorry, it took a while," she says.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

26. - Top - End - #1106

Default [Zophiel World Tour]

That is a lot better. Thanks narrator!

I'll be listening.

Leah hops around to face Zophiel. When she answers, she sounds suddenly tired.
    "That happens. You know, I should really get back to work. Feel free to look around the rest of the town, though."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #1107

Default [Zophiel's Whirlwind Tour]

No problem.

"...Oh. Okay," Zophiel says.

Because being tired can make work less efficient, and because she's a little concerned but doesn't feel like it's her place to force herself in, she adds, "Make sure to take regular breaks. You'll work better that way."

If she's going to explore on her own, then it's kind-of obvious what she should do, right? Look for a market to buy something cute, then bring it back here as an apology.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

28. - Top - End - #1108

Default [Zophiel's Tour de Fort]

"Are you sure?" Wouldn't she just worry about the work she's supposed to be doing the whole time?
    "Well, thanks." And Leah lopes off back towards the fort.

As for Zophiel, yes. It's obvious that-
    Oh, yeah, she can do that too.

There is a little market space around the corner from the pub.
    Jeanne the spider-person is selling medicines, elixirs, love potions, explosives, etc.
    Sanesah the centaur is selling vegetables and flowers. Perhaps a bouquet would do for Zohpiel's offering?
    A big winged cat with a human face is selling various wild meats from the more haunted of the two forests near town.
    The boy Fitzclarence is hawking scarves, hats, and other adornments. Some of them are certainly cute.
    A person all wrapped up in winter clothes and a shape of living flame are selling odds-and-ends from Inside and Meadowgreen. There's sure to be something cute in there.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2020-05-21 at 11:21 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #1109

Default [Zophiel's Tour de Fort]

Zophiel should also look for that ring.
    But with no idea where to look for it, there's just as much a chance to find it while doing other things.

She walks through the market place, trying to decide which would be best.
    Medicines, potions, and explosives don't really scream 'cute' to her.
    Flowers...? Maybe? But they're more 'beautiful' than 'cute', she thinks.
    Meat isn't very cute, either.
    Accessories and adornments might work, she thinks.
    Likewise, random objects may work, too, but as a last-ditch option because it'd be harder to pick something out.

She circles back to Fitzclarence and his scarves, hats, etc, but keeps the odds-and-ends in mind, just in case she can't find anything here.

"Hi," she says Fitzclarence. "Did you make these yourself?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

30. - Top - End - #1110

Default [Zophiel's Tour]

Meat is very cute when it's still moving around!

Fitzeclarence shakes his head.
    "No ma'am. My grandfather makes most of them."
    "Is there something you're looking for?"
    He suggests a couple of bright flowery scarves.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine