New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1490
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Silly Plots 3: With government backing we can make it very silly

Labyrinth of Shadowed Lovers

"No, sadly, you never met me at all. You know that already, don't you? I pray you meet another like me, someday." The dance comes to an end. The man gives a bow of farewell, and vanishes in a flash of light. In his place, an elaborate wooden stool stands, a box identical to the one found in the boat resting atop it.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Labyrinth of Shadowed Lovers]

"I know. There's only one other person here, in the end." Kiun agrees wistfully. She waves a wing at the departing apparition, and steps up to the box, expecting that this will be difficult to open, but determined to struggle through whatever it throws at her.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Troll in the Playground

Probably to Kiun's surprise, the box opens easily. Perhaps the dance and the strangling clothes were enough of a challenge. Inside is another ring, and a note. "It is great reassurance to me to know, that when you look at me, you do not see a pretty face, wealth, or titles and holdings, but you see me for who I am, and you love me. No other suitor has ever given me so much. I wait eagerly for when you come again, in fact, I can think of nothing else."

My Nexus characters

4. - Top - End - #1234

How interesting. The scholar was as discerning as his blessing allowed others to be.
    Kiun lifts the ring out and sweeps away from the box.
    The note also suggests a dark note to love. She was obsessed with her scholar.

Back to the statue, where she gingerly offers the ring to the weeping noblewoman.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Troll in the Playground

The ring also vanishes, like the first. A presence settles on Kiun, wrapping around her. "I give you the blessing of reflections. May the goodness, nobility, beauty, and grace within you rise to the surface. May your true inner self become visible to all when you wish it. But beware. Beauty oft attracts the attention of those who have no love in them. Do not fall to their predations." The power twists at Kiun's body, altering it. If she is of noble heart, she will be of noble bearing. If she has a loving soul, so too will her appearance be lovely. If her inner nature is beautiful, her body will also be beautiful. But she also will receive another power, the ability to return to her original appearance or to this new one as she sees fit.

My Nexus characters

6. - Top - End - #1236

Interesting. The gifts complement each other. And it is not just that the outside reflects the inside, but also a way to reflect upon your own character in a way few people can.
    Kiun changes. Her appearance becomes, in short, beautiful and terrible. As perfect and inhuman as she aspires to be. Noble, but not loving. Beautiful, but not warm.
    "I will use it well." She tells the noble's statue.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Troll in the Playground

Perhaps Kiun is more human than she knows, but for now, the statue does not respond, although maybe it seems to be weeping for this unloving creature now. Kiun, inhuman as she is, cold and distant, but still beautiful, is free to go where she will.

My Nexus characters

8. - Top - End - #1238

Kiun head back for the center of the labyrinth, aiming, perhaps, to speak with the angel again.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Troll in the Playground

The angel is already outside of her small house, seemingly wanting to speak to Kiun. As much as Kiun's appearance has changed, so has the old woman's. She's recognizably the same person, but she glows with a warm, calming light. Something like wings extends from her back, and she doesn't seem to be old and stooped anymore, instead standing tall. She also looks dangerous. She radiates power, so much so that the ground beneath her feet is cracking. It would not be wise to challenge her, especially not here, which seems to be her domain. But she still seems friendly. "Did you learn what you came for?" The angel's expression is inscrutable, but she seems somewhat saddened by Kiun's new appearance.

My Nexus characters

10. - Top - End - #1240

Kiun stops a little ways away from the angel, shaking her head.
    "Part of it. I have a feeling what it was like to be in love, and I see what the people around them did wrong to try to stop them from being together."
    "But how did they come to love each other in the first place?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Troll in the Playground

"Ah, that is not a long story," the angel replies. "Her father the Duke brought her along to the great library on a diplomatic visit. She met him there. They were both students of magic, and they began to talk, and to spend more and more time together. By the time she had to leave, they had discovered what they felt for one another. She continued to find reasons to visit him when she could, until he managed to become the envoy from the library to her father's lands. It was then that they publicly announced their love for each other, an act which cost them everything but their lives, in the end." As she thinks about it, the angel hums a few bars of a song.
    Last edited by bc56; 2020-06-27 at 10:39 AM.

My Nexus characters

12. - Top - End - #1242

"Only that, for such a deep love?" Kiun inquires.
    A short story, and maybe it did help her understand, but it's hard to accept.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Troll in the Playground

"Love is a mysterious and powerful thing. Sometimes it comes in an instant, sometimes it takes a decade or more to take shape. But its timing is always right." The angel gives what might have been a smile. "But why do you wish to learn of love? You do not seem to be the sort that desires it." She's referring to Kiun's altered shape. She visibly has little, if any, love in her.

My Nexus characters

14. - Top - End - #1244

"Love is mysterious and powerful. I'm curious about the mystery, and we may need the power."
    "I want to help my family." Kiun clarifies. "They're in danger from my mother, and now I know love is not just a feeling."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Troll in the Playground

"Curious." What sort of family does not have love already? "To have love is a great strength, but also a terrible weakness, as is to shun love. With the strength born of love at your side, nothing is impossible to accomplish, but love can be used against you, make you predictable. But if you do not love, it is difficult to find aid in your time of need, although it opens doors to darker paths and terrible powers." She nods and smiles. "I know what you need, and I can help you part of the way." She reaches down to her waist, where a quiver hangs, although it wasn't there before, and produces... Something. It's like an arrow, or a bullet, or a long throwing spear, although which, it's hard to tell. The only thing truly clear about it is that it is ammunition, intended for a ranged weapon, any ranged weapon, or even to be thrown. "A bolt from my quiver. Let it be your guide. And when the time is right," the angel takes on a subtly violent tone, "Give it to your mother for me." The object is concentrated love, forged into a weapon. Of course, the angel of love had other reasons to give it to Kiun besides harming Sapphira. The weapon's essence leaks into its surroundings, and may slowly infect those who spend much time in close proximity to it, planting seeds of warmth and lovingness within them. Hopefully it will be enough to get Kiun on the right path in the angel's eyes, but who knows?

My Nexus characters

16. - Top - End - #1246

The kind with no competition from its own relatives.

I'm not sure you ought to tell someone seeking power that shunning love can lead to dark and terrible powers. A person might be tempted by that.

Kiun nods in agreement. Predictable, when you know what they can't bring themselves to do. Something you love is a vulnerability.
    "When you're in need, generally others are too. We don't love all those endangered by Sapphira, but we still work together."
    "I understand though, love can give you a reason to do the 'impossible'."

Her empty eyes widen when the angel produces the ...thing. She reaches out half-folded wings to take whatever it is. An archer spine? A wurm? A canister round? A lightningbolt?
    "Amazing..."
    She coils her tail around the bolt of love to hold it for now. "Thank you, uh...we do not know your name? Can I?"
    "This seems like just what I was looking for, so I do not, ahm, maybe I do not fully understand it."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Troll in the Playground

"It is not for mortal minds to comprehend. It is the weapon you seek, and to have it will not harm you." Over time, it may lead to some changes in worldview, but in the angel's mind, it's for the better. "Be careful though. It can only be used once. Make sure you wait until the time is right. As for my name, I am the undying fire, the devouring passion, and sometimes," she winks, "the matchmaker. I am Fate's second child, sister-in-arms to Courage and Hope." She smiles warmly, "My titles could go on and on for ages, but they'd be of no use to you."

My Nexus characters

18. - Top - End - #1248

Hmm. Well, the angel does make the name pretty clear. But that's not useful. The point of names is to identify you to people who don't really know you, and names like Mercy, Courage, Hope...they're a little awkward for it.

Kiun nods to the angel.
    "You have been very helpful. Farewell."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Troll in the Playground

"You are welcome. Go in peace." The angel turns away, back to her garden, smiling faintly. With luck, or maybe Fate, the seed she planted in the fiendling would grow into a beautiful flower. If not... Love snips a rose from a bush with the tip of her finger. If not, it could at least pierce one of her ancient enemies with its thorns.
    Last edited by bc56; 2020-06-27 at 04:39 PM.

My Nexus characters

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Somewhere; near Libra]

Something's falling from the sky.

It looks like a meteor, with fire burning around it. And it's headed in Libra's direction. Not directly at her, mind you. Just in her direction.

It hits the ground, and makes a crater.

In the middle of the crater is...not a rock. Instead, it's a person. Red hair, the kind of body type that could pass either way depending on what clothes were worn - and masculine clothes are being worn, so. . .for the sake of simplicity, I'll use 'he'.
    Brown, long-sleeved shirt, with three buttons at the top that are all - but the top - buttoned up. Baggy, shiny-dark gray polyester trousers that were made in Bangladesh and could probably either be worn to bed or to play sports. And coral ankle socks. And black tennis shoes. Plus, a black-and-rose gold ring on the left hand. Pretty normal getup, obviously.

That person is obviously disoriented. He gets up, in the middle of the crater, and look around dazed for a few moments. "What...what just happened?"

He look around, trying to figure out what just happened. "I was at home on my computer, when..."
    "Oh! I was on Discord, answering a question about...hm." He notices his hair. "Red? But that's not. . ."
    And then he notices something else. "...figures. I had both selected, after all. At least I'm still totally not a fae creature."

He makes his way out of the crater, but still talks to himself. "So, let's say this has to do with that question. What was it, again? Hashtag Civvy Gang? No, it was about...spending time with...Oh! That's right, I chose Libra. If I'm right, then she might be somewhere around here..." He reaches the top of the crater.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Troll in the Playground

Caldas da Rainha

Jade steps off the train and into the resort town with no idea what to expect. The whole train ride here, she's been feeling second thoughts. Why did she agree to this? She's not a proper woman, so how is she going to spend the day at a spa with them? Still, she's come too far to back down now, and they're right behind her. The attractive former man nervously adjusts her t-shirt and tries not to look too uncomfortable.

My Nexus characters

22. - Top - End - #1252

Caldas da Rainha

Just like Jade, Marin has also been feeling second thoughts about this. Everything that she didn't think about when agreeing to this had suddenly come to her mind while on the train ride.
    But!
    It's okay.
    She's always wanted to go on a spa trip! One that she had never in her life would have expected to go on. And she's heard so many amazing things about this resort town; it has so many great spas that you can choose between and if you've got some down time you can always just go to the natural hot springs that the town was built around. Not to mention, the atmosphere of the town: it feels really relaxing. Everything feels so casual; it's really easy to forget what she was worrying about. In fact, you can even smell the hot springs from here. And the way the town seems to laze and meander around. . .

Unfortunately, her swimsuit was destroyed during that accidental kidnapping. And it was so hard finding a good swimsuit that both worked with her tail and covered her neck. When she went back to that store, they were out and weren't able to get another in stock for another couple weeks. Luckily! She came prepared: in her purse is a silk scarf - so that it doesn't irritate her skin - that she she doesn't mind getting wet and ruined, that she can put on after removing her loosefitting turtleneck.

She catches up with Jade: "Hey, um...thanks for offering to pay for me," she says. She notices that Jade looks uncomfortable, and tries to assuage her fears. "Don't worry. It'll be great. Besides, you've very attractive and have a great figure; you've got nothing to worry about." Oh no. Another concern just popped up in Marin's mind: both Jade and Honeysuckle are types that Marin finds attractive. This could...this could get awkward once they're in there. She'll have to do her best to distract herself.

Speaking of distractions, Marin has to tear her gaze away from Jade and instead to Jade's face. Hopefully nobody noticed. . .
    And hopefully nobody notices that the catgirl's face is now burning red. "U-um. Yeah. Don't worry. It'll all be fine."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

23. - Top - End - #1253

Default [Caldas da Rainha]

Honeysuckle hops off the train, glad to be on solid ground again. Moving like that can be dizzying.
    Unlike the others, she hasn't had any second thoughts. Just out to have a relaxing fun day with a pair of casual friends. Supposed to be a really nice little city this, and she has high hopes for the hot springs. Plus, this town already seems so peaceful - nothing like Inside - without feeling plain.

Instead of her visor, today she has a basic blindfold, one that could get wet or lost without being too much of a problem., and she's acquired a broad hat that her ears poke up through.

Honeysuckle hurries a bit to catch up with the other two.
    "She's right. 're here to relax and have fun."

Wait. Jade was adjusting her shirt, meanwhile Marin was complimenting her figure and blushing? That could get awkward. She has no idea that Marin might be including her.

"Right. Any cares what we get to first?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Troll in the Playground

Caldas da Rainha

At Marin's compliment, Jade blushes a little too. She hadn't thought about the possibility that one of her companions might find her attractive, but judging by the way Marin had been watching her chest, this might get a little awkward. Especially since the swimsuit she packed (and the only one she owns) is a bikini. Marin's going to get to see a lot more of her soon. But Jade maintains her composure and tries to smile at the catgirl. "It's no problem. Thanks for the compliment. You don't look so bad yourself." Although Jade isn't especially interested, she does realize Marin is kinda cute. To Honeysuckle, she says, "Not really. I guess it will just be nice to unwind."

My Nexus characters

25. - Top - End - #1255

Caldas da Rainha

Marin suspects that Jade noticed. Oops. Marin bites her bottom lip. It's okay, Marin tells herself that she isn't especially interested, either. Just because you're hanging out with two incredibly attractive people doesn't mean you need to ask them out.
    At least she thinks Honeysuckle hasn't noticed yet.
    "Thanks," she says.

"The hot spring would be nice, but I'd recommend it after everything else, because -" she did some background research in the time between planning this and now "- I heard if you show your receipts from other places then you can get some complimentary gifts."

She looks down the street, and points out a couple of day spas and massage parlors. "I read that this one, that one, and that one are really good," she says. Wow, she really did a lot of research on this, didn't she? She really wanted this to turn out well. "Maybe a basic massage first, then a specialty massage?"
    But...one of her concerns: "If we could, can we avoid deep-tissue massages and other things like that? My...I've been feeling especially sensitive recently." Ever since her skin melted off.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2020-07-01 at 03:57 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

26. - Top - End - #1256

It's true. You can just be awkward the whole time. Or even just not do anything about it, if you carry it off really well.

And don't worry Jade, Honeysuckle can't appreciate how attractive you are at all.

"That one then." Honeysuckle says, pointing out the second one that Marin indicated. She didn't do as much research, but she has a good feeling about it, and leads the way over there.
    "Sure, Marin. Anything you need to skip, just say. Though they probably have things for sensitive skin particular, place like this."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Troll in the Playground

Caldas da Rainha

Jade looks at the place. "Let's get started then." She might as well bite the bullet then. Hopefully this spa day really does help her get used to being a woman. She follows behind Honeysuckle, still a bit uncertain.

My Nexus characters

28. - Top - End - #1258

Pure Harmony

The three that were listed were called Pampered Princess, Pure Harmony, and Ocean Tranquility.
    And so, they go to Pure Harmony.

The welcoming room is pretty wide, with seagreen walls punctuated with rough stone; the floor is made of polished stone. There's couches, good lighting, and small plants lining the walls. Since they're walk-ins and didn't sign up days in advance, they're brought over to a waiting room. Many spas won't allow walk-ins, but many people in this city expect walk-ins to happen all the time, so they prepare for them. There's a partial payment at the start, but the rest of the payment will be after it's over.

The waiting room is well-lit, has white chairs and tables in clusters around the room, and a high ceiling. While in there, they're asked for any medical conditions or other considerations they might have - Marin's actually pretty glad for this. She writes down her sensitive skin and instruction to opt out of any neck massage. They're also given the option to request a masseur or masseuse, or something else - if they have one available. Once this is done, they're led through a wide hallway, passing an attached restaurant and gym, to the locker and changing room. At the entrance, they're given robes, slippers, and towels - and are given time to change into a swimsuit with the robes, underwear and robes, or just the robes. There's also private changing curtains in case you're that type of person.

Marin specifically decides to pick a locker and change in the back corner of the room - to both not leer at the other two, and to change and give herself some distance while she changes as quickly as possible. In the end, she has just the robe, slippers, and the silk scarf she brought, hiding her collar.

Finally, once they're done changing, they're invited over to a yin-yang-themed room with three tables - each with several towels set up on them for modesty (so that whatever isn't being massaged at the moment can be covered). Since the three of them came in together, the place assumed they'd all like to stay together.

They're given a few moments to talk and relax, and disrobe and get on a table and cover themselves with towels, waiting for their masseurs and/or masseuses to become available and arrive.

Marin excitedly looks around the room. "This is even better than I was expecting," the catgirl says, "and it hasn't even started yet."
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2020-07-02 at 04:02 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

29. - Top - End - #1259

Pure Harmony

This was definitely a good place top pick, Honeysuckle thinks. All this dazzling solid stone in those rough interesting shapes, but still plenty of space overhead, little plants everywhere, but it's not overdone. Lovely.

In the waiting room she sprawls in a chair. No special requests, just a masseuse. None of her weirdness should have any interaction with a massage.

Once they make it to the changing room, she heads for a private changing curtain without really thinking about it. It just seems like the natural thing to do, she would say. Safer. She comes out wearing just the robe, the slippers, and her blindfold, one hand brushing her hair back into place.

That's a good assumption. Imagine how lost and out of sorts Jade might become if she were here on her own.
    "Yeah. Just seems smoother and nicer here than most places I've seen."
    "That's a scarf you've got, Marin? It's good."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Troll in the Playground

Default Caldas da Rainha

Pure Harmony

In the waiting room, Jade sits uncomfortably, trying to hide her figure as best she can. She requests a masseuse as well, and has no special conditions to report.
    In the changing room, she chooses to change in a private stall. She isn't comfortable changing in the open yet. She emerges with the robe wrapped tightly around her, unable to completely cover her ample cleavage. Then it's off to the final room. She takes in the sights warily, unsure of what she's supposed to do. "I suppose it's nice. I haven't minded so far." She's trying her best not to be self-conscious of the way her clothes touch her body, or the way she looked so beautiful in the changing room mirror, but it probably shows on her face.

My Nexus characters