New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,490 of 1490
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Silly Plots 3: With government backing we can make it very silly

[Jade's Magical Horse Adventure]

"Don't worry about it too much," Morning replies regard the slur. "This guy sounds kind of... unstable. If you get my meaning."

Obviously her meaning is that he should have been locked up in a stable where he couldn't bother anyone.

"Like, getting surprised and sad when you turn someone into a difference species without asking them and they don't like it? Of course people won't like that it's crazy."

Sometimes people like trying to be a different species but usually they actually seek that out rather than having a stranger randomly impose it on them.

Obviously Morning Glory isn't a huge fan of this kind of stuff.

Zee was pretty upset when Libra did the whole sex-change curse so it shouldn't be that shocking.

"Hurt? No, it doesn't hurt. There really isn't anything to feel. Hooves are just giant finger nails. Or toenails. Depends on whether we're talking about the front or the back. What DOES hurt is if they crack or you get an infection. You where shoes to protect yourself just like... well... like you were shoes as any other species."

A beat.

"Though I guess ski boots really aren't to protect yourself. They're just to hold the skis on your feet. So non-sports shoes. Those are for foot protection mostly. And to look nice."

Both important reasons.

"Really, if you're going to stay like that for more than a day or two I would highly recommend getting some shoes."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Troll in the Playground

Default Jade's Magical Horse Adventure

Jade shakes her head, and her tail unconsciously swishes.v"It wasn't exactly like that. He greeted me, made it clear he was a powerful being, and we talked about my condition for a while. He seemed genuinely sympathetic towards me, and asked if there was anything he could do for me. I knew it was a bad idea, but I asked to be taller. Then he did this." She chuckles, or is it more of a nicker? "I got what I asked for. You'd think I'd know better. He seemed happy with how it turned out, but not in a cruel way. More like he just didn't think about the consequences, but he genuinely wanted to help. I talked to him, and agreed to try it for a while, and he agreed to remove it when I ask. That's the whole story." Jade really feels no ill will towards Walter. He didn't seem to know any better. "Shoes. Huh. We just went shoe shopping not long ago. I guess we'd better go again. Maybe get some horse feed while we're about. Where should we go for that?" Jade's pretty sure of the answer, and it's a place she's deliberately avoided since arriving in the Nexus. Too much aggressive positivity there for her tastes.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

3. - Top - End - #1473

Morning listens, nodding in understanding, but it is plainly obviously she's still concerned.

She doesn't really trust wish-granting powerful entities.

Which...

Is kind of hypocritical what with Yezekiel and all but she doesn't grant wishes!

She just mixes drinks and bakes stuff.

Unless someone's wish is 'man I wish I had a plate of fresh brownies' then they're kind of out of luck.

"Carousel Court," Morning Glory says. "You could get everything you need at Carousel Court. Steelshod makes shoes for horses as well as ponies. And honestly a lot of equestrian cuisine is probably fine for horses, too. Sloppy Joe's makes some amazing alfalfa fries."

She wrinkles her nose a bit, her ears laying back.

"Fair warning, though. Most equestrians are kind of weirded out by centaurs. Like, imagine seeing a headless human with most of a horse sticking out of their neck. It's unsettling."

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Troll in the Playground

Jade sighs. Yep. That's what she expected. "I guess we should go there then. Can you lead the way?" She doesn't know how to get there. She turns around to flick at a fly that landed on her horse back. "I guess looking creepy is a necessary evil for now." Although ponies are kinda disturbing themselves. They're all like goofy children's cartoon characters.

My Nexus characters

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Caldas da Rainha]

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "I'll find her, you talk, Marin. Better at it."
    Honeysuckles suggests.
    For instance, right now/then, the spirit woman is over...there! She points.

"Think, get the medicine today, Jade?"
    Honeyusckle did mention being able to get some, but she's not like, actually a doctor at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    "Yeah, I can do that." It just means putting some real clothes on and going to a drugstore, buying some penicillin, and coming back. It sounds easy enough. There should be one in the town, after all. But it might not be as easy as Jade expects, given that this is a weird town that puts a time machine in their hot springs.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    Honeysuckle's suggestion immediately makes Marin perk up: "Okay!" Yeah, that immediately makes her feel not useless.
    She looks over that way, trying to spot the telltale steam signature of the spirit.
    "I should probably wait until we've got the medicine, right?" she asks. "'cause I'm not really sure what exactly to tell her."

In fact!
    There is one in town.
    Actually, there's two in town. One is a bigger pharmacy chain that has pretty much anything you'll need ever, and the other is a smaller, local pharmacy ran by a local witch. The pharmacy chain store is located over by the train station, and the smaller one is actually closer to the mountain they're at now: basically at the base of the mountain. So, going there will be a much shorter trip, and you'll have to pass by it to get to downtown, anyway.

"Good luck," Marin wishes to Jade.
    "Alright. Meet back here with the medicine."
    Honeysuckle heads over towards one of the weird time pots herself.

"Marin, hmm, find out what day it is for her now, and again when I you know, mess with this time thing here?"
    That way they can know what and when they'll need to tell the spirit.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Troll in the Playground

Default Caldas da Rainha

"Bye! I'll be back soon?" Jade leaves. This should be a simple task. Change back into normal clothes, head down the hill. Oh, there's an apothecary right there. Jade heads in to buy some antibiotics. If nothing goes wrong, she should be back at the spring with them in a few minutes. Of course, given the nature of this town, perhaps something unexpected happens, and that estimate is totally destroyed.

My Nexus characters

7. - Top - End - #1477

Cartoon characters?

Noooo. Maybe colorful like one.

But they look like small sapient quasi-humanoid ungulates! Certainly odd, looking, certainly. Especially if you're accustomed to humans and human-adjacent species.

Definitely not cartoons sprung to life, though.

Regardless!

Morning Glory will lead Jade off to Carousel Court.

Perhaps unsurprisingly there are ponies there. Not just ponies, though. There are also quite a few hobbits. Equestrian buildings are sized more for smaller folk and having properly proportioned in addition to sharing a generally gregarious culture means equestrians and hobbits go together like apple pie and ice cream!

True to Morning Glory's word, Jade will get a few leery looks. No one is outright hostile, but it's clear that the HUGE horse person doesn't quite fit in. They try to be nice to centaurs, though. After all they have some needs in common. Shoes, for example. And being friendly and welcoming is just sort of equestrian culture in general.

Carousel Court itself is bright and cheerful, dominated by pastel colored cottages in a very gingerbread style. It looks every bit the part of an idyllic fantasy village. Most of the buildings are two story with little artisan shops on the first floor and living quarters on the second.

"Alright. Food or shoes first?" Morning Glory asks. "I give us about half an hour before Bubblegum notices that I brought a friend and tries to throw a welcome party for you."

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Troll in the Playground

Jade's stomach rumbles. Her horse stomach, not her human stomach. She's already eaten all the carrots and apples. "Food first." She'll trot along behind Morning Glory, ignoring the looks. She'd rather be leered at than lusted for, anyway. It's sort of a nice change. Except not nice. Just less terrible. "Bubblegum?" Who's that?

My Nexus characters

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default [Caldas da Rainha]

Springs

Marin says, "Yeah, okay. I'll do that."

Since, at the moment with all the time-pots untouched, the spirit is back in the original green pool, she goes back over there to speak with the spirit again. She's given a date consistent with the old calendar system that was used here, but after further clarification, she finds out that to the spirit, it's springtime, afternoon, on the weekend.

Marin tells Honeysuckle that she can mess with the time thing now.

Apothecary

The witch informs Jade that there are, in fact, some antibiotics. She's got them in the back, and it won't take very long for her to grab it.

She tells her apprentice to entertain Jade while she's in the back. The apprentice nods and comes up to Jade. She has dark pink hair, solid blue clothes, and small white feathery wings behind her.
    Spoiler: visuals
    Show

She's kind-of nervous, with the responsibility to entertain a customer all by herself. So, the apprentice tries selling some lucky charms she made to Jade, showing off various cute pendants. One's a little gemstone wrapped in metal, one is clear glass with a tiny plastic fox inside, and there's one with some carved bones, one with a donut-shaped green stone, one with a rose design, one with a tentacle design, one with a wolf's tooth, and so on. Pretty reasonable price for pendants. "I made them all myself, and my magic's not that good yet but I'll even enchant them if you get them."

Alternatively, the apprentice also shows off some potions - one that's apparently for coughs, one for fevers, one for if you catch chickenpox, one to help you get a good night's sleep, one to help your man if he's having difficulty, one to cheer you up, one to keep you awake even late at night, and so on.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2020-08-06 at 03:19 AM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

10. - Top - End - #1480

Morning Glory laughs at the gastronomic gurgles. "Heh, sure thing. Food first."

Then?

She trots off toward a...

Feed store?

Not like an equestrian supermarket or anything. An actual feed store for actual livestock. Jade is HUGE. She would need a TON of pony food to fill up. Better to go for horse feed.

"Bubblegum Confetti is-"

"Hi Morning Glory!" calls out an earth pony mare, this one light pink in coat and blond of mane. "Who's your big friend?"

"Hey Lilly!" Morning waves back. "This is Jade. She got Nexus weird-whomped. We're heading over to Hayseed's and then visiting Steelshod. Get her taken care of until the centaur thing wears off."

"Oh, that sounds terrible. I hope you're feeling like yourself again soon, Jade!" the random pony calls out, giving Jade a friendly wave.

"Anyway, Bubblegum is the local-"

"Hey down there Glory! What's the word?" calls out a slate grey pegasus mare with a dark indigo mane. She's about thirty feet off the ground beating her wings in a hover, a large sack grasped in her front hooves.

"Oh, uh, hi Silver Lining. I'll have the landscaping over at Taffy's place done by Friday morning. I'll be able to get to your garden by Friday afternoon,"
    Morning Glory says.

"Sweet! Hey, your pal looks ripped. Do you work out, girl? Love the look!"
    Silver says to Jade. "Anyway, catch you two around!"

"Anyway..." Morning Glory sighs. "Bubblegum is-"

"MORNING GLORY!"
    "MORNING GLORY!"
    "MORNING GLORY!"

Comes a trio of little voices as a pair of little fillies and a colt quickly surround her. The mare's ears flatten and a little and she does her best to put on a cheerful smile for the foals. Unlike the rest of the ponies that Jade has seen so far they don't have any sort of image on their haunches.

"Oh hey, the local Cutiemark Crusaders chapter. You three aren't getting into any trouble, are you?" she asks of the foals.

"No way!"
    "Not even a little!"
    "Did you know an empty flour silo can blow up?"

Morning looks briefly horrified.

"I learned that from my big sis toady! We didn't blow up nothin' honest!"

"Ah, hehe... well, what did you three need?" Morning asks hesitantly.

"Well, we're trying to find out what our special talents are-"
    "-and we were looking at those neat bushes you make-"
    "-so we anted to know if you could show us how to do topelaries!"
    "It's topiaries."
    "No it ain't."
    "Is so!"
    "NO it AI-"

Morning Glory scoots the two arguing fillies apart with her front hooves and offers them her best strained smile. "That sounds like it would be wonderful but not right now. My friend Jade got cursed and-"

The foals collectively gasp.

"Somepony made her GIANT!"
    "And disappeared her cutie mark!"
    "...and stuck a human on 'er head?"

"No, Jade was human before. I'm just helping her out until-"

"Hey, do you think we can get a cutie mark for breaking curses?"
    "Oooh! That's a good idea!"
    "I bet Doc knows about curse breakin' let's go ask him!"

"Cutiemark Crusaders Curse Crashers, yay!"

Aaaaand off they go.

Several seconds of silence follows. Then Morning begins speaking quickly lest somepony else interrupts her again.

"So Bubblegum is the local-"

"Hiya Morning Glory!" comes a peppy, poppy voice! "Watcha doin'?"

"Hey Bubblegum. I'm trying to explain to my friend here who Bubblegum Confetti is."

"Ooooh, that sounds important!" says the chewed bubblegum colored mare with a bubblegum ice-cream blue mane. She's got little colored beads woven into her hair to complete the look. She makes a zipping motion with one hoof across her lips.

"Yes, it is. ANYWAY! Bubblegum Confetti is the local party-pony. She does parties, catering, welcoming, that sort of thing. It's her job to help keep spirits high and ponies smiling."

"It's pretty much the best job," Bubblegum confides in Jade.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2020-08-06 at 11:50 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Troll in the Playground

That is a lot of friendly ponies. Jade has trouble keeping up with it all. She smiles to the one pony wishing her luck with the weirdness, and at the other compliment about working out. Her horse part is quite powerful and muscular, although she doesn't recognize that it belongs to a warhorse. She laughs good-naturedly at the trio of children. They're cute. And then Bubblegum appears. Jade's first thought is uncertainty. Why was Morning Glory worried about her? She seems friendly enough. Also, that was much less than half an hour. And she's still hungry. The feed store looks like a better and better place to go every moment. "Hi, I'm Jade?"

My Nexus characters

12. - Top - End - #1482

Equestrians can be a little overwhelming to the uninitiated. They tend to be a bit on the intense side of things.

Not all of them, though!

But those are the ones you probably aren't going to be accosted by.

Speaking of!

Morning does a double-take. When did Bubblegum get here?

Bubblegum, meanwhile, acquires a stepladder from somewhere and ascends it to look Jade right in the face.

"You!" she declares, pointing a hoof at Jade. "Are new! Welcome to Carousel Court! So you wanna know what I'm all about, huh?"

"Bubblegum you don't need to do the-"

Then she closes her eyes and gives a little *ahem* into her hoof-

And then hurls a cloud of confetti into the air as she bursts into song! Where the heck is that music coming from?

"My name is Bubblegum (Hello!)
    And I am here to say (How ya doin'?)
    I'm gonna make you SMILE and brighten up your day
    It doesn't matter now-OOMPH"

Whoop.

Morning Glory stuck her hoof in Bubblegum Confetti's mouth.

"No, Bubblegum. Not right now, maybe later. Jade is REALLY hungry."

Hungry as a horse, even.

"I just want to get her something to eat. If you want to set up a welcome bash that's fine but we're going to Hayseed's Feed," Morning Glory says resolutely. That obviously took a great deal of willpower on her part. As soon as the music had started her back hoof was tapping and the edge of her mouth was quivering with scarcely restrained song.

"Aaww... okaaaaay. But you two owe me a musical number later!" Bubblegum insists.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2020-08-06 at 12:44 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Troll in the Playground

Jade starts when the music begins, surprised. Her hooves clatter against the pavement. She would go crazy if she lived here. Spontaneous musical numbers are a weird thing she is not well acquainted with, and everyone is so aggressively positive all the time. She's relieved when Morning Glory stops the nonsense. "I can come back later, but I really need to eat something now." As if in agreement, her stomach rumbles again. She would really love a bowl of oatmeal. Or just a bag of oats.

My Nexus characters

14. - Top - End - #1484

And off Bubblegum goes, no doubt to prepare her not so surprising surprise party.

"Sorry about that," Morning says with an apologetic smile as she leads Jade into the feed shop. "You have to remember that equestrians really aren't like humans. Perspectives are different. Aggressive friendliness is common. And spontaneous musical numbers are a daily occurrence. It's some sort of sympathetic magic thing, I think. Song starts and the whole village knows the words and the choreography? It took some getting use to."

She gives a little shrug.

"Hello, Hayseed! I've got a friend here-"

"Who's a mite big," says the large earth pony stallion behind the counter, looking Jade up and down. He's pretty large. Not anywhere NEAR actual horse-sized, though.

"Yeah. I was wanting to get a bag of oats and a bale of alfalfa."

"Eyup. Right on it," the stocky pony replies before turning to fetch the food.

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Troll in the Playground

Jade would complain about being fed animal feed, but everything in here smells so delicious. She's come to the conclusion that she must have acquired a horse's tastes as well as its body. "I saw that. You could barely restrain yourself when she started singing." Jade is glad she's not a pony. Being forced to sing and dance at random times would be very irritating. She waits patiently for the food to arrive.

My Nexus characters

16. - Top - End - #1486

"It was awful," Morning Glory laments. "That song was going to be so much fun, too."

Hah.

She was actually looking forward to it.

But she knew that it would make her friend uncomfortable.

Hayseed returns shortly with a large bag, a large bale, and a smaller bag.

"I reckon you centaurs sometimes don't get treated right around here," Hayseed says as he offers the smaller bag directly to Jade. "Us ponies can be skittish sometimes. This one's on me, a hoof in good faith just to let you know we ain't got nothin' against ya."

Oh.

That's nice.

It's a bag of... corn poofs? Basically unflavored cheetos. That is, after all, what cheetos were originally FOR. Horse fodder.

Morning Glory is digging some bits out of her saddle bags to pay Hayseed.

17. - Top - End - #1487
    Troll in the Playground

Jade gratefully takes the corn poofs. "Thank you. I appreciate it." She pops one in her mouth and grins. It is pretty tasty, even by human standards. With the addition of horsey tastes, it's amazing. The oats and the alfalfa smell really good too. "Let me pay for some of it, at least." Jade's not going to mooch off Morning Glory. She wants to pay for at least some of her stuff. She realizes she should probably get saddlebags too, so she can carry things more easily.

My Nexus characters

18. - Top - End - #1488
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [Caldas da Rainha]

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    Springs

Marin says, "Yeah, okay. I'll do that."

Since, at the moment with all the time-pots untouched, the spirit is back in the original green pool, she goes back over there to speak with the spirit again. She's given a date consistent with the old calendar system that was used here, but after further clarification, she finds out that to the spirit, it's springtime, afternoon, on the weekend.

Marin tells Honeysuckle that she can mess with the time thing now.
    Honeysuckle messes with the time thing!
    Carefully reaching a hand through the hole in the pot.
    It shouldn't feel like much, right?
    But then she can tell Marin "Okay, again."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #1489
    Troll in the Playground

Default Caldas da Rainha

Jade thinks about the offered potions and charms for a moment. She has plenty of money, and some of those sound very useful. "I'll take the potions for cheeriness and wakefulness, and..." She adds another item on a whim. "The little fox." She indicated the pendant she wants. While that's getting set up, she decides to make some small talk. "I like your wings. They're cute."

My Nexus characters

20. - Top - End - #1490
    Ogre in the Playground