New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Silly Plots 3: With government backing we can make it very silly

PokeCentre

Veronica is given a collection of air filtration devices and a box of spare filters- enough for six months. She's also given six bowls- three food and three water- as the Koffing feed on air pollution and noxious gasses, they don't need any. One of the water-bowls is very shallow and wide, to prevent the Dwebble from falling in and drowning. There's also several types of food; a bag of grains and seeds for the Alolan Ratticate, pouches of catfood for the Stunky and a tub of mealworms for the Dwebble. There's also a guidebook called My First Pokemon! and the more complex Advanced Care for Poison Type Pokemon.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler: Oh Where Oh Where Did Those Fishies Go?
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Feeling Pun Defishient?

While Alex might remain impassive, the same cannot be said for Marina. A warmer hue emerges in her expression as the krakengirl states her claim, truly honored to hear that the woman she serves values her service. Never mind that she also said she would feel the same way about Alex in the same breath, or that she spoke about her in a strictly possessive manner. She didn't want to contemplate those persistent worries of a lack of recognition or value, after all.

"At once, milady!" the drenched maid answers, snapping to attention and moving to frantically chug down her drink. She regrets her decision as the effects start to hit her, slumping down a little to recover as she sets her mug down before standing up with a slight wobble as she braces herself against the table. "Lead... lead the way, milady."
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Eel be alright, but this all seems a bit fishy...]

"Oh ho ho ho! Yes! Lead the way, new minion. Victory awai-" Several eyes re-focus on the tipsy fishmaid, and a tentacle swiftly extends to wrap around Marina's waist to steady her. "Minion!" She hisses, lowering her voice as she tries to drag Marina along after Alex. "Don't embarrass me like this! Ugh, if this is what one drink does to you, I'm never getting you another one!"

She pauses, another tentacle thoughtfully tapping her staff.

"Well, not in public anyway. I guess if it was just you, me and a bottle of wine- Gah! Not that I'd ever be willing to waste something of such high quality on a mere minion, I-" Suzie huffs, grumbles, strides after Alex, lets out an exasperated sigh of frustration at the familiar RRRRRIIIIP sound of another tear in her stockings, practically dragging her poor fishmaid out the tavern door in pursuit of "Minon A".

There's a drainpipe as tall as a man here, constantly overflowing a churning river of chemical effluent, the bowels of the city emptying into some nameless stream. No fewer than twelve civic injunctions have all been deflected by legal defence, hog-tied by red tap and bullied into oblivion by bureaucracy over this one smelly, obviously unsafe river of filth.

But as utterly bland man and professional minion Alex said loudly but monotonally to himself on his way here, if you want to commit big crimes you should hide them as little ones. The pipe was awful, certainly, and probably offended the sensibilities of his unavoidable-tag-alongs-stroke-new-boss-and-colleague, but it was a pale shade of what was actually underneath.

And thus, with a stroke of a keycard along a gratified patch of metal, the overflow gurgled to a halt with several farty trumpets of escaping miasma to signify its ending. "We need to go quickly. The shutoff only lasts for forty five seconds and my keycard won't work again until I scan it on the door inside." He's already going ahead, not wanting to be blown back by the flow resuming.

Inside, whether Marina and Suzie have followed him into the corroded and gag-inducing industrial pipe or not, he'll key himself in at the hidden door panel and punch in his unique code, opening the door and hurrying past. The two have only enough time to decide if it's worth following him through the mess if they want to make it along the twenty or so feet of distance from them to the door.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

[An Epic Quest]

Corvus nods as he falls into step with Willa. With any luck, they'll be able to locate what they need relatively quickly.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

4. - Top - End - #154
    Halfling in the Playground

[Lair of Zalexsz (hopefully)]

Suzie is repulsed at the sight of this unpleasant entryway to this villain's lair. That's just disgusting! What kind of second rate villain uses a waste-pipe as the entrance to their lair?

What kind of villain hides their lair?

Why, back when she was the size of a city block, she basked in all her glory in a vast underwater temple built in worship to her! Her minions used to come on pilgrimages just to catch a glimpse of their glorious goddess of the oceans and hoped she didn't feel like snacking on them!

Those were the days.

Those days might be why she's stuck in this useless form now though.

"Ugh, I am not walking through that. MINION M! Present your back to your mistress! And make sure you hike your dress up a bit as you walk through this. I am not having you ruin your nice new on-colour uniform!" And with only a moment's pause for Marina to get in position, Suzie hops up on her back and gives her a light tentacle-slap on the tail to get her moving. Got to be quick, Marina! You don't want to disappoint your mistress by failing to get to the door in time, do you?
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

PokeCenter

Veronica will probably need help loading up the stolen van with all the Poke-Supplies. Thankfully she had two strapping young helpers with her whose names start with J and Z. "Jace, I've raised three half-siblings as if they were my own kids. This'll be a piece of cake compared to them." She points out. "Even the Koffings. They look pretty low maintenance, actually. They're basically sea-sponges that filter feed off of pollution from the looks of it." She remarks as she flips through the reading material. "Besides, would you rather I take care of them or would you rather some random stranger have them? Remember what you called them earlier." She points out.

"Only six as well. The way the horned doggy is looking at you, I suspect you're already claimed."
    The harpy adds with a snerk before she finds herself swarmed by kids. She blinks, unprepared for the sudden attention and spins around to try and get a look at them all. "Uh...help?" She asks Jace. She wasn't sure what to do when other trainers popped up. This was far from her forte.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pokecenter]

"He's a good boy, Veronica." Jace mutters.
    And then his girlfriend is being accosted by children! Oh no! Jace steps in between them, his arms folded.
    "Now kids, it's rude to crowd people."
    "But she said she was hoping to get pokemon adopted!" whines the small elf girl, who is probably older than everyone in the room combined.
    "And catching them yourself is really hard!" pipes in the bird laguz.
    "And questionably ethical." says the turian quietly.
    "So we get ours from adoptions and trades." finishes the catboy.

"I've always thought trading your pets was really weird, but apparently it's a common thing. " Jace explains with a shrug. He gives Veronica a questioning look, if she wants him to chase them off.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

7. - Top - End - #157
    Orc in the Playground

PokeCentre

The houndour is just following Jace around, much like the Alolan Raticate is doing for Veronica. They've both been given a little bit of fuss, so they're quite attached already.

"That's basically right, miss, but the gas they emit can be a little pungent and cause irritation of the lungs and nasal passages. Make sure the filters are changed every six months, more often in summer." Not immediately toxic, but certainly unpleasant. "And they can explode if it gets too hot or they're exposed to naked flames." Which would not be good for the insurance.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    [An Epic Quest]

Willa shakes her head. And then the rest of her. She's glad she took off most of her layers to do that ritual.
    "Well, not much around here. Guess we might as well go for the only thing we can see." she says with a shrug, and starts walking down in the direction of the towers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [An Epic Quest]

Corvus nods as he falls into step with Willa. With any luck, they'll be able to locate what they need relatively quickly.
    [An Epic Quest]

The walk starts out easy. While the road is crude, it's mostly flat and stays parallel with the coast. Time passes and the sun burns at its apex. It's somehow even hotter now. There isn't a cloud in the sky to provide a moment of shade. Fine yellow dust finds its way into their shoes and clothes and sticks to the sweat damp skin. Every so often a rare breath of cooler air comes from the coast, but it's fleeting.

They make progress, however, even if the sun might make them weary and their steps drag. The towers are clearly closer, even if their base can't be seen past the low hills. There are three towers, each round and the same sandy brown as the landscape around them. They're each topped with a tall, peaked roof. They have a ways to go yet before they actually near them, but their destination is not out of reach.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

[An Epic Quest]

Willa groans, tying a loose cloth over her face.
    "Gross. The elf could have warned us it would be this hot. I might have to try to summon a wind spirit if this doesn't let up. Even if it is impractical." she grumbles.

10. - Top - End - #160

NinjaGuy

[An Epic Quest]

"We're making progress," Corvus says. Sweat has beaded off of what can be seen of his chest, but the Exalt seems to be paying it no mind. Champions of Luna are a hardy bunch, after all. "I'm not sure it's worth the energy trying to summon a spirit, but if you think it will help, we can stop and give it a try."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

11. - Top - End - #161

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    There's a drainpipe as tall as a man here, constantly overflowing a churning river of chemical effluent, the bowels of the city emptying into some nameless stream. No fewer than twelve civic injunctions have all been deflected by legal defence, hog-tied by red tap and bullied into oblivion by bureaucracy over this one smelly, obviously unsafe river of filth.

But as utterly bland man and professional minion Alex said loudly but monotonally to himself on his way here, if you want to commit big crimes you should hide them as little ones. The pipe was awful, certainly, and probably offended the sensibilities of his unavoidable-tag-alongs-stroke-new-boss-and-colleague, but it was a pale shade of what was actually underneath.

And thus, with a stroke of a keycard along a gratified patch of metal, the overflow gurgled to a halt with several farty trumpets of escaping miasma to signify its ending. "We need to go quickly. The shutoff only lasts for forty five seconds and my keycard won't work again until I scan it on the door inside." He's already going ahead, not wanting to be blown back by the flow resuming.

Inside, whether Marina and Suzie have followed him into the corroded and gag-inducing industrial pipe or not, he'll key himself in at the hidden door panel and punch in his unique code, opening the door and hurrying past. The two have only enough time to decide if it's worth following him through the mess if they want to make it along the twenty or so feet of distance from them to the door.

Suzie is repulsed at the sight of this unpleasant entryway to this villain's lair. That's just disgusting! What kind of second rate villain uses a waste-pipe as the entrance to their lair?

Why, back when she was the size of a city block, she basked in all her glory in a vast underwater temple built in worship to her! Her minions used to come on pilgrimages just to catch a glimpse of their glorious goddess of the oceans and hoped she didn't feel like snacking on them!

Those were the days.

"Ugh, I am not walking through that. MINION M! Present your back to your mistress! And make sure you hike your dress up a bit as you walk through this. I am not having you ruin your nice new on-colour uniform!" And with only a moment's pause for Marina to get in position, Suzie hops up on her back and gives her a light tentacle-slap on the tail to get her moving. Got to be quick, Marina! You don't want to disappoint your mistress by failing to get to the door in time, do you?

Youthful-Looking Evil Fishgals: Secret of The Ooze

Marina is a bit more appreciative of the cunning strategy of concealment at work here, fairly aware that keeping a low profile has its own benefits - it was sorta part of being a pilot fish, after all! - but it might not be entirely obvious from her expression; the fishmaid wrinkles her nose at the odor surrounding them, deeply annoyed that she has to stand in the polluted muck. Part of it was an innate distaste for the pollution of bodies of water, but it was mostly because Marina could only imagine the havoc it was wreaking on her and Suzie's stockings and heels.

Speaking of Suzie...

"M-Milady!" Marina yelps in surprise as the base of her tail is struck, eliciting a very noticeable blush, and she struggles to adjust to the weight on her shoulders and back while hiking her dress up to avoid the water before fast-walking as quick as possible through the sludge. It's a miracle that she manages to slip through the entrance in time, considering the myriad factors hampering her. "P-please, Milady... warn me before- before you do that..." Marina requests as she bends over to catch her breath, chest heaving.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

[An Epic Quest]

They have a ways to go yet, and plenty of time to decide what to do if anything. One thing is for certain, the heat isn't letting up.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2019-02-18 at 12:51 AM.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

PokeCentre

"Trading is how it is normally done?" Veronica asks, confused but shrugging as she pulls out the one she had been fairly uncertain about keeping for herself and was more than likely both safe for kids and easy to care for. "Well, I have one I'm willing to trade, if I shouldn't break tradition. It's a...Stunky? I think that's the name. But it comes with a condition. You trade for it, there'll be no keeping it in a pokeball all the time, got it? You lavish it with affection and love and treat him well. Got it?" She asks of the kids.

14. - Top - End - #164

Spoiler: Things Happened
    Show

Those were the days.

Spoiler
    Show

Youthful-Looking Evil Fishgals: Secret of The Ooze

Marina is a bit more appreciative of the cunning strategy of concealment at work here, fairly aware that keeping a low profile has its own benefits - it was sorta part of being a pilot fish, after all! - but it might not be entirely obvious from her expression; the fishmaid wrinkles her nose at the odor surrounding them, deeply annoyed that she has to stand in the polluted muck. Part of it was an innate distaste for the pollution of bodies of water, but it was mostly because Marina could only imagine the havoc it was wreaking on her and Suzie's stockings and heels.

Speaking of Suzie...

"M-Milady!" Marina yelps in surprise as the base of her tail is struck, eliciting a very noticeable blush, and she struggles to adjust to the weight on her shoulders and back while hiking her dress up to avoid the water before fast-walking as quick as possible through the sludge. It's a miracle that she manages to slip through the entrance in time, considering the myriad factors hampering her. "P-please, Milady... warn me before- before you do that..." Marina requests as she bends over to catch her breath, chest heaving.

YLEF - It's Not As Toxic As You'd Think

"There's a shower just inside to clean off your shoes and get the fumes out of your hair. Scrub thoroughly, it tends to bleach your hair slightly if you don't get it washed out. And then we'll all have to get into uniform if you want to take this the easier, stealthier way. No one really pays attention to new recruits, and I can get you guest badges from here to walk you through to where we need to be." Is it truly that easy? Merely shedding their incredibly obvious outfits and donning a disguise could get them through this whole secret lair in relative ease and comfort?

Maybe, if Suzie can stomach the idea. And if Marina can get past the next challenge ahead.

The Co-Ed Showers and Changing Rooms. Of Doom.

(It says so on the sign just to the left of the door. Very official.)
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

15. - Top - End - #165

YLEF - Sure, why not?]

"Hmmph! Shower? No need! We don't have time for that!" As Suzie hops down and steps away from Marina, she waves a tentacle and banishes whatever muck may have got on the three of them. She had to practically beg the giver of tribute to get Marina that new outfit! It was humiliating! Bargaining just to get enough stuff to keep her minions happy from someone who was meant to be kind and generous!

And of course there's a shiny new suit waiting for Alex too at the end of this.

"Get into uniform? After all the trouble I went to getting Marina this new outfit? No way! Besides, they'll never have something in my size" Her size being "I have four tentacles instead of arms", of course. Not a common size offered by most clothing stores. "We are not cowards! No, we march on dressed just the way we are." She folds her tentacles and glares at Alex, there will be no disagreement with her decision here.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

[An Epic Quest]

Willa groans, peeling off the last of what she can safely remove without compromising her modesty. Thank goodness she's warded herself against sunburn with one of the charms she doesn't ever take off.
    "I can handle it. Let's just hurry up though." she mutters, picking up speed. She knows Corvus has no trouble keeping up with her when she starts going faster than a human can march.

[Pokecenter]

The kids exchange looks, then huddle for a minute to discuss. Eventually the tall, avian boy in the back stands up, his mandibles twitching nervously.
    "I need to trade mine. I need a steel or poison type, because mine keeps getting into our food. We're worried he might get himself sick. Is that okay?" he asks, holding out a pokeball covered in cutesy stickers.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2019-02-24 at 08:41 PM.

17. - Top - End - #167

[Quiet Grove]

Viviana and Lucy will be driven to a secluded spot. They end up somewhere between the Nexus and another world besides. The place is lush, wet, reminiscent of a rainforest. Rain patters steadily on wide spade-like leaves and the fronds of huge pitcher plants. Vivi will take her lover to disembark and lead her through a gap in the greenery... where a little clearing ringed by bright pink flowers awaits. They aren't any one type of plant, rather a whole assortment of different types that all match in hue.

At the center of the clearing is a flower of particular size, a titan stalk as large as a tree with huge fanning petals. A rope ladder leads up into the folds of the thing. A camp with a few necessities has been established around the base of the stalk.

"Fancy a climb into our little hideaway, or should I make him come down?" Viviana asks, turning to Lucy to grin and see what she thinks.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #168

NinjaGuy

[An Epic Quest]

"Right," Corvus says as he picks up the pace, keeping position with Willa as they continue on towards the towers. If she could shapeshift, he'd suggest they take on bird forms, but as it stands, they'll have to settle for hoofing it.

19. - Top - End - #169

YLEF - This Does Put a Damper on our Relationship

The maidservant lets out an audible sigh of relief as the spell not only removes the filth and grime but eases her of that dirty, unclean feeling that clung to her from being ankle-deep in pollution. It almost managed to fulfill that deep longing for a nice, clean, long soak in a warm bath... but not quite.

"Wait a minute, showers? Marina asks a little eagerly, her mind clearly on other things right now. "With steam and hot water and everything???" Perhaps normally, Marina would have attempted to be a voice of reason and compromise, calmly playing devil's (angel's?) advocate for Suzie on this matter and helping that hotheaded, headstrong, admirably willful lady of hers better weigh the opposing options, but the allure of brief relaxation is a powerful one.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

PokeCentre

Veronica plucks the Stunky's Pokeball from her pouch and offers it to the lad. "I promise to take good care of it, alright? I've got space and I'm no stranger to making sure that people eat what they need that's appropriate. Does he have a name already?" She asks gently. She might not know what it was like to give up a cherished pet, but she could hazard a guess that this wasn't exactly easy for the boy.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pokecenter]

The kid nods and pops the button on the ball, releasing a small purple bat. He hugs it tight.
    "You're going to go with this nice lady, okay Moxie? You can't keep getting sick, and we can't proof everything from you. I'll come visit sometime, okay?" The little bat squeaks, and returns to its ball, which is presented to Veronica.
    "Please be careful. He's a burglar and he gets into everything. Everything. He eats fruit. He'll go after any he smells." he warns the harpy, very serious and a little sad.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2019-03-02 at 03:29 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172

YLEF - Sure, why not?]

"Hmmph! Shower? No need! We don't have time for that!" As Suzie hops down and steps away from Marina, she waves a tentacle and banishes whatever muck may have got on the three of them. She had to practically beg the giver of tribute to get Marina that new outfit! It was humiliating! Bargaining just to get enough stuff to keep her minions happy from someone who was meant to be kind and generous!

And of course there's a shiny new suit waiting for Alex too at the end of this.

"Get into uniform? After all the trouble I went to getting Marina this new outfit? No way! Besides, they'll never have something in my size" Her size being "I have four tentacles instead of arms", of course. Not a common size offered by most clothing stores. "We are not cowards! No, we march on dressed just the way we are." She folds her tentacles and glares at Alex, there will be no disagreement with her decision here.
    YLEF - This Does Put a Damper on our Relationship

The maidservant lets out an audible sigh of relief as the spell not only removes the filth and grime but eases her of that dirty, unclean feeling that clung to her from being ankle-deep in pollution. It almost managed to fulfill that deep longing for a nice, clean, long soak in a warm bath... but not quite.

"Wait a minute, showers? Marina asks a little eagerly, her mind clearly on other things right now. "With steam and hot water and everything???" Perhaps normally, Marina would have attempted to be a voice of reason and compromise, calmly playing devil's (angel's?) advocate for Suzie on this matter and helping that hotheaded, headstrong, admirably willful lady of hers better weigh the opposing options, but the allure of brief relaxation is a powerful one.
    YLEF - Don't forget the Athlete's Foot

"Ah. What a useful and casual display of your bottomless well of power, my Overlady. Well then." Alex looks like he'd dearly like to adjust his glasses, if he was currently wearing any. And then any trace of desire fades away like everything else interesting he does as he clears his throat, "The showers are scalding hot by default, until someone flushes the men's toilet on floor two and they become arctic cold. It's fine by me if we avoid them. And you are mostly correct about the uniform sizes. For anything especially nonhumanoid, Zalexsz has made do with a can of bright purple spray-on latex that the minion can peel off at the end of the day. I understand some of my colleagues are divided about it." The succubi and other "pretty, exotic humans with extra bits" crowd seemed to be all for it, but it wasn't going over so well with anyone in R&D. Theodore J. Shoggoth was alright at monthly poker games, but having to work with him while he's in enough skin-tight latex to drown a shark wasn't the best way to start your Monday.

"I should at least put on my uniform. It has identifiers that will help with some security doors, and it might confuse the night shift enough for you to get the element of surprise. Is that acceptable?" He's heading towards the Locker Room (Of Doom) regardless, since that's between them and the building proper.

23. - Top - End - #173

[Quiet Grove]

"How beautiful. It reminds me of the cave..." Lucy mumbles quietly to herself, staring in wonder at the myriad plantlife surrounding them, practically dragged along by Viviana into the clearing. Silly Lucy, so easily distracted.

The sight of the colossal flower snaps her out of her stupor though. She peers at it, peers at the rope ladder, turns back to Vivi with an equal parts thoughtful and mischievous expression on her face. "I think that I should carry you up there, my lady." Assuming Vivi doesn't object, Lucy will slip an arm round her waist and hold her close against her, climbing up the ladder one-handed with remarkable speed.

Seems she's a bit of a natural climber.

[YLEF - Out of the frying pain, into the showers]

"Minion M. Control yourself. We have a job to do." Suzie reminds her faithful fishmaid, a single tentacle stroking her back gently, the tip trailing just briefly round her neck. "But if my minion so desires, and behaves herself for the rest of the mission, I'm sure I can arrange for a hot tub for all of us." It's hard for her to remember sometimes, it was never something she concerned herself with, but it is nice to offer minions the occasional reward for good service.

Suzie walks along behind Alex, "I do not like the sound of being sprayed purple. Get your uniform, then we must be on our way."

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

PokeCentre

Veronica offers the little bat a wing. "I promise I'll take care of Moxie, and you can come visit any time you like." She swears, fishing a little business card from her pouch to hand to the lad. "That has my phone number on it. Just give me a call and we'll set something up." She explains before activating the Stunky's pokeball and offering it to the young man as well. "And you need to take good care of him too, okay? He wasn't really cared for by his previous partner. He wasn't exactly mistreated, but he got ignored. Just love him and care for him and treat him well and he'll serve you well too."

Another World

A flash of light before someone drifts off to sleep is all the warning the person gets before they find themselves in a new location. "Welcome, heroes. I am Beauty." A husky voice calls from the other side of the room in front of the summoned people. As their eyes adjust, they'll find themselves in a stone chamber, likely underground, lit by green flames upon candles. The entity firmly sat upon her throne is elegantly lit up by such, revealing a tall and eldritch alluring form. Beauty's skin is deep red, contrasted by the soft silver silk she wore as a loin cloth and sash over her chest. Her waist narrowed inhumanly thin, accentuating her hips, and her slender neck is topped by the lower half of a gorgeous face complete with soft full lips and a pointed chin.

Her eyes and forehead are completely covered by a pure white bone plate that curves backwards and to the side, turning into a large pair of thin flat horns that arc backwards and down past her shoulderblades. Should she stand up, she'd probably be a little over six feet in height if one doesn't include the pointed tail or the horns. She sits almost lazily in her throne, leaning to one side with her legs crossed at her knees, all while stroking a little silver hound statue that faces her. "I do apologize for the inconvenience, bu- Wait. Connor?" She asks, peering around the first person she's summoned to take a look at the second. "Why my acolyte's spells seem to have a liking for you, I do not know. I cannot say I can complain of your presence though." She says with a smile. Said acolytes were a dozen pale humans, male and female, wearing deep violet robes that looked close to caster or clergy vestments.

Ithuriel's senses will likely tell her that Beauty, whatever she is, was not only near-divine, but also incredibly dangerous. Her "evil" senses will seem to flicker on and off around her, but she doesn't appear to have any cause or need for Redemption. The entire place feels odd, warm and moist, but a gentle breeze can be felt from beyond the chamber doors.

25. - Top - End - #175

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post

Another World

A flash of light before someone drifts off to sleep is all the warning the person gets before they find themselves in a new location. "Welcome, heroes. I am Beauty." A husky voice calls from the other side of the room in front of the summoned people. As their eyes adjust, they'll find themselves in a stone chamber, likely underground, lit by green flames upon candles. The entity firmly sat upon her throne is elegantly lit up by such, revealing a tall and eldritch alluring form. Beauty's skin is deep red, contrasted by the soft silver silk she wore as a loin cloth and sash over her chest. Her waist narrowed inhumanly thin, accentuating her hips, and her slender neck is topped by the lower half of a gorgeous face complete with soft full lips and a pointed chin.

Her eyes and forehead are completely covered by a pure white bone plate that curves backwards and to the side, turning into a large pair of thin flat horns that arc backwards and down past her shoulderblades. Should she stand up, she'd probably be a little over six feet in height if one doesn't include the pointed tail or the horns. She sits almost lazily in her throne, leaning to one side with her legs crossed at her knees, all while stroking a little silver hound statue that faces her. "I do apologize for the inconvenience, bu- Wait. Connor?" She asks, peering around the first person she's summoned to take a look at the second. "Why my acolyte's spells seem to have a liking for you, I do not know. I cannot say I can complain of your presence though." She says with a smile. Said acolytes were a dozen pale humans, male and female, wearing deep violet robes that looked close to caster or clergy vestments.

Ithuriel's senses will likely tell her that Beauty, whatever she is, was not only near-divine, but also incredibly dangerous. Her "evil" senses will seem to flicker on and off around her, but she doesn't appear to have any cause or need for Redemption. The entire place feels odd, warm and moist, but a gentle breeze can be felt from beyond the chamber doors.
    Another World

Meanwhile the man behind Ithuriel seems about as normal as a Nexus resident can get, though he's dressed in nothing but a long winter coat and his boxers and swiftly buttoning the first over the second to cover his modesty. He's tall and lean with limp black hair and rather boyish, androgynous features that starkly contrast his height. He stamps some life into his feet as he shakes the sleep away from himself before acknowledging Beauty's presence with a bow and a wistful smile, "First time a mistake, the second a coincidence, my lady? But it looks like you did catch yourself a real Hero as well this time, if I'm any judge. I take it I'll be waylaid here the normal amount of time while a sending spell can be prepared?" Connor's voice is soft and light, higher than he'd like it to be. But he still manages to be playful with the eldritch presence he's been thrust before, apparently not for the first time.

"And if I may help with the orientation lecture?" He inquires, one eyebrow raised, "My name is Connor as Beauty says. Her realm and her people are in need of a Hero so much that she has cast nets into the Nexus to try to find them. Nets sometimes catch more than what they intend, though." He considers briefly if there's anything else he should add.

"And if you require equipment, having been drawn from your bed without being able to prepare, I suppose I could help with that if Beauty's stores do not have what you require. I trade under the name Mr. Fezziro, and though I do not normally truck with weapons, in the defense of a realm I've learned to expand my morals slightly."

26. - Top - End - #176

[Quiet Grove]

"How beautiful. It reminds me of the cave..." Lucy mumbles quietly to herself, staring in wonder at the myriad plantlife surrounding them, practically dragged along by Viviana into the clearing. Silly Lucy, so easily distracted.

The sight of the colossal flower snaps her out of her stupor though. She peers at it, peers at the rope ladder, turns back to Vivi with an equal parts thoughtful and mischievous expression on her face. "I think that I should carry you up there, my lady." Assuming Vivi doesn't object, Lucy will slip an arm round her waist and hold her close against her, climbing up the ladder one-handed with remarkable speed.

Seems she's a bit of a natural climber.
    [Quiet Grove]

"Oho!" Viviana laughs deeply, richly as she is drawn close and carried up the ladder. "How brash! How romantic. Or a silly girl look for any excuse to grab me..." And as she says so she grabs Lucy back, holding onto her as they ascend.

They head for a gap in the petals. When they make it to the top, a wide green vista awaits, treetops stretching away nearly as far as the eye can see. There is a camp among the mouth of the plant, a hanging little house, and nets strung between the gold-topped stems.

On the edge of one wide pink petal, a man stands with bow in hand, an arrow notched and taut against his cheek. The weapon is tremendous, as is the man, its grey shaft spanning from his thighs to a point just above the top of his antlered head. His antlers are wide and glorious, a deadly ivory crown hung with charms, bands, beads and painted shells. He has a very short, almost military crop of ruddy red and brown hair, a swoop along the top of his head that fades to nothing further down.

Vivi's husband turns very slightly, seeming to scent the air. His long deer's ears flicker and flap. His body stretches taut, the picture of warlike athleticism, hard slabs of layered muscle from the swell of his... calves to the hills of his shoulders. There is the minimum degree of fat around the thickness of his middle, just a hint at how well fed one has to be to keep his eccentrically maintained physique. He wears only a pair of trousers, streamers of purple warpaint, and the thin glaze of sweat on his skin.

"Sarcadian! Sarcie dear!" Vivi suddenly croons, making the man's shoulders jump. "My love! I know you heard us coming! You're being quite rude!"

"Just finishing something, beautiful one," Sarcadian says with well practiced patience and the inflections of a pet name that's been repeated a thousand times. His ears flicker, spike upwards. He can't hide the ghost of a tiny smile viewed from the side like this, despite not turning yet to face the women. "Hello, Viviana. Hello, Miss Lucy."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    [An Epic Quest]

Willa groans, peeling off the last of what she can safely remove without compromising her modesty. Thank goodness she's warded herself against sunburn with one of the charms she doesn't ever take off.
    "I can handle it. Let's just hurry up though." she mutters, picking up speed. She knows Corvus has no trouble keeping up with her when she starts going faster than a human can march.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [An Epic Quest]

"Right," Corvus says as he picks up the pace, keeping position with Willa as they continue on towards the towers. If she could shapeshift, he'd suggest they take on bird forms, but as it stands, they'll have to settle for hoofing it.
    [An Epic Quest]

At last they'll near the towers, and see what's at this base. A settlement it seems, though it's hard to see beyond the walls that surround it's perimeter. They're fairly tall and made of stone that must have been quarried nearby. They don't compare to the towers, though. There are two near the outer wall, and one in what must be the center. They're far too tall to be guard towers or the like, and their construction is clearly more ornate than and of the other structures.

There are a number of guards visible lining the wall, dark skinned men wearing golden helmets that shine in the sun. It seems unlikely that Willa and Corvus aren't seen as they approach given the sparse, flat surroundings, though the guards make no big show of it. They two will need to decide how to approach, though they might feel pressured to do so quickly. They may have protection against the sun, but the heat of the day is likely to have sapped their strength and dehydration is a real concern.

28. - Top - End - #178

[Another World]

...last time she'd at least had a towel. And technically she'd allowed herself to be summoned.

Those are luxuries she's denied when so rudely teleported away in her sleep.

There is a very angry, naked angel in the room. She does not bow. She does not smile. She does take a moment to glare at the man behind her, just in case he decides to let his gaze travel lower.

Her deity had devoted a not inconsiderable amount of time to teaching her about her new life, preparing her for her angelic duties. There'd been some amount of warning about potential summons, but a reassurance that, as the lowest ranked amongst his servants (he hadn't meant that as an insult), it was very unlikely she'd ever be the target of any sort of summon spell, and there were ways of saying no.

But nothing about being forcefully summoned in her sleep like this! No weapons, no robes, nothing except her wings, which she could use to cover herself, but instead leaves spread behind her in some undoubtedly pointless display of defiance. "There are more traditional ways to summon heroes, you know. Ways that don't accidentally summon a servant of the divine instead. If you're looking for a hero, you should look somewhere else. I'm no good to you. Particularly when I'm summoned in my sleep with no clothes on!" She folds her arms and redirects her glare to Beauty.

[Quiet Grove]

Vivi left Lucy in awe of her beauty (she's probably still kind of in awe of her, really). Sarcadian, well, he provokes a different sort of reaction.

Lucy hesitantly, shakily, carefully lets Vivi down, then drops to her knees, keeping her gaze low. "H-h-he-" She gulps, choking on her own words.

She is once again in awe of the incredible power and majesty so clearly portrayed by his magnificent form. Of course the incredible beauty of her goddess would be matched by the strength and presence of this god of nature.

"I-I-I, uh, I p-promise she- no, I-I mean my lady Viviana gave me permission to carry her, y-your lordship! S-she said it would be alright for me to, uh, to come here."

29. - Top - End - #179

[Quiet Grove]

"...Is something the matter?" Sarcadian asks her, only for a moment taking his gaze from the forest to glance over. He currently has eyes of muddy yellow ringed with black, and the bizarre pupils are nearly a square shape. "Just hold there a moment... nearly finished."

Sarcadian's right ear flicks. He whips his gaze about and looses an arrow into the sky, arcing it seemingly toward the horizon. The slim thing grows too distant to determine its exact trajectory, but a patch of trees some miles distant does seem to sway in a motion most unnatural...

His muscular frame downgrades from taut, straining readiness to a more relaxed posture. He eyes the direction he shot toward for another moment, reaching up a hand to rub the back of his head, and then turns toward the women.

"I bid thee welcome... Lucy," Sarcadian says formally. He sets his bow down and hops onto the petal upon which the ladies stand, making it bounce. "I didn't think we would meet so soon."

"Well, I did invite her," says Vivi, throwing an arm around Lucy. "As she says. And now you're going to cook us something to eat."

"Am I, now?" A ghost of a smirk.

Viviana affirms it with a nod. "Something good, please."

Sarcadian huffs out a snort and crosses his arms. "So impudent. At least our guest is polite. Maybe I ought to make you go and fetch our dinner, instead."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Another World

"Something like that." Beauty admits to Connor before giving a small dismissing gesture with her free hand that turns into one of beckoning, calling forth a priestess to offer the pair of them some loose fitting crimson robes. "Whether or not I have found a proper hero I have need of your strength, both of you, and it does not alleviate the situation to grow upset. It will take a full Cycle for my casters to prepare for the ritual again. About a week of your world's time." She explains with a shrug, as if it was nothing to worry about. "In the meantime, you will be my guests, but if your body tells the truth, are you not a warrior? I have need of one and can reward you well for your time and efforts."

She stands, holding the little statue to her chest as she steps closer to Ithuriel, looking the angel over. "Though I will be frank. Connor, it has been many many cycles since we've last seen one another face to face. Not many of those I've summoned since then have proven themselves or simply lied about being heroes. My situation has grown dire enough to have attempted to try and summon two at a time. It is simply through luck that all of my casters have survived the casting. Or perhaps they've simply grown stronger. Perhaps both." She muses.

"To put it plainly, angel, I am at war and need someone to break the forces opposed to me and my brother, Strength. Already he fights upon the front lines. To do otherwise would simply spell death for everyone who exists here. As ever, however, I will not force those unwilling to fight into the conflict."