Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 459
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Orc in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [5e] Shackles of Blood

    Zilo furrows his forehead as he strains his mind to try and remember any details about this, until he recalls hearing about it once from a dwarf in a different shore.
    "I think I remember something about soul splitting? That is far as I can recall, I don't indulge myself into the ins and out of most religions." He explains, finishing up his drink as he takes a look around to see what his soon-to-be companions are currently doing.
    Besides raising an eyebrow to the tortle's place of choice to sleep in, he glances at the area where Ophine, Ferrin and Olisandra are currently, chuckling "Looks like this guy can't resist a pretty lady when he sees one." Smirking, he turns back to Anton. "I'll soon have to leave with him and others, to head to the farmstead between Hillsfar and the Cormanthor Forest- Any chance you know how the road is like, and what to expect?"

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Re: [5e] Shackles of Blood

    "Ferin I have to disagree with your views on magic, It has played too much of a role in my life, and it will still play a part in yours, we are just pawns who need to do the inevitable fate. No matter how hard we try we cannot escape what has been written, even your lively discussion has been woven into the thread of time"
    Last edited by Xantin Rahl; 2018-10-02 at 04:04 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: [5e] Shackles of Blood

    Lady Luck will help us when we need her. That is all I can and will believe. It is the only thing that keeps my hopes up. Ferrin looks like he is getting pious all of a sudden. For a short time you can see the face of a wisely old man looking back at past mistakes. Then he smiles again.Ugh, mystical stuff and philosophy is so dry. We need to party tonight. Anyone for a friendly round of Traitor's Heads? Of course we lack proper skulls but I think we can make due with cups.

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Re: [5e] Shackles of Blood

    "I thought you would prefer other types of entertainment" Miras says looking at some of the females in the bar
    "And you are not the only one"

    ooc: "any short term visions that might help me with a pick up? :P

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Somewhere Strange

    Default Re: [5e] Shackles of Blood

    The Oak-Crowned noticeably stiffened as soon as the hands touched her shoulders. Her green eyes narrowed, and she pointed cast an irritated look down at his arms.
    "I have long ago lost patience with honeyed words and false pretences; I will speak as I feel. That is my respect, Ferrin - to give truth. The wolf respects the bear with little need to call him lord."

    Once released, she took a moment to shuffle in her seat, considering her words. The notion of promising anything to one she didn't know gave her pause, even if what he asked seemed reasonable.
    "I will act as I see fit," she said cautiously. "I will not promise to stand beside you if your actions are disagreeable to me, but I intend to assist, or I would have departed from here already."
    She shook her head at the offer of gambling.
    "Enjoy your game."
    And the far stars cried, and the planets yearned;
    But no man may know, for she'll ne'er return.

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: [5e] Shackles of Blood

    Ferrin sighs. This discussion did not go how he would have hoped.I think I got a clear enough picture that I can trust you. And after all, Tymora will hopefully bless us tomorrow. Ferrin looks at Miras. Or maybe tonight? But I feel my price is sitting next to me, I won't just run after ANY woman, my lad. And I feel you two deserve better than just a night with me, but a whole tenday at least! Ferrin laughs and starts his game.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I will not gamble, and if the others require us to gamble, I will set a small stake.

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhismurWanders's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [5e] Shackles of Blood

    Zilo

    Anton rubs his chin as he thinks. "Not the road we usually travel, but things seem mostly calm. The occasional patrol of Red Plumes, but they're just keeping their eyes on things. Heard somethin' about some refugees headed this way from Phlan, but that's not in the same direction as where you're headed either. Roads should be clear, from what I know."



    Ferrin, Miras, Ophine

    Olisandra offers to play, in absence of the others showing interest. "I will gladly take the chance to win some of your pay back from you, if you're so eager to gamble," she teases.
    Last edited by WhismurWanders; 2018-10-05 at 08:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fibericon View Post
    This seems like a really cool concept, so I feel like you're going to get a lot of applications. Best of luck sorting through them all. That said, I'm going to do my part to make your job that much harder by adding one to the stack.

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Orc in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [5e] Shackles of Blood

    "That is good to know, hopefully we'll have a smooth sai-" Zilo halts himself mid speech. "I mean, a smooth travel." he says as he stands up from his sit. "Thanks again for a good game, and a good chat-I should prepare our night's lodging before they might end up gambling all their coin throughout the night!" he laughs a bit out loud, and then after putting his backpack once again on his shoulders, he walks to Miras and Ferrin.

    "While I would like to play too- How about we'll pay in advance for a room to sleep in tonight, just in case?" He says with a smile, signalling for any one of the bartenders nearby to come so that he can ask them if a room for three is avaliable.
    Last edited by Detective; 2018-10-05 at 09:02 AM.

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: [5e] Shackles of Blood

    We can always arrange ourselves in a collective bed, my friend. Ferrin smiles. I have slept in more crowded arrangement.

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [5e] Shackles of Blood

    "It won't be the first time I'll sleep in a crowded place anyway!" Zilo smirks. "I won't mind to share just one room if that is what everyone else prefers, I'm even willing to take one for the team and sleep on the floor if there is no room in the bed- Can't recall the last time I had trouble sleeping anyway."

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Re: [5e] Shackles of Blood

    Miras will play with zilo losing on purpose and later try to find some nice "company" for the night

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Somewhere Strange

    Default Re: [5e] Shackles of Blood

    Ophine briefly watched them gamble, but it didn't hold her interest for long. With a nod of farewell, she made her way outside in the cool night and leant her back against a tree. The Oak-Crowned reached up and pulled off her mask, and the woman lowered it to the ground.

    She held her hands out, close to the ground, and watched a tiny flower bloom from the soil before the wind picked the petals and carried them away.

    The woman smiled, wrapped herself in her winter blanket, and settled back to watch the stars.

    She would wake early, before dawn broke the horizon, to return her mask to its place and Ophine to the world.
    And the far stars cried, and the planets yearned;
    But no man may know, for she'll ne'er return.

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhismurWanders's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [5e] Shackles of Blood

    As you each go your separate ways for the night, the tavern gradually grows quieter and quieter as more people also decide that they too must obey the natural compulsion to sleep. Miras attempts to find his way into the heart and bed of another tavern patron, but unfortunately the elven woman remains unimpressed by his displays of magic and subtle hints at what would happen in the future around them. Dissuaded to attempt further, Miras is the last to lay his head down and fall asleep.



    The next morning, you all feel well-rested, some clearly more than others. Guro and Sigrid are the first to awaken, and also the most alert, having had more than enough sleep for the night. Ophine, Zilo, and Ferrin are the next, and feel as they would on any normal morning. Miras is the last to awaken, having spent the most time awake. As you each file down into the tavern, you each notice Gai signalling for you to join him at a table he has reserved for you all. He's eating from a bowl of rice he seems to have made himself, given the lack of rice dishes seen anywhere else. When you join him, he reminds you about your task. "There's a driver with a cart that'll take you to the valley waiting outside. A halfling, goes by Tenan. We've already paid him, and with any luck you won't run into any Red Plumes on the way. Olisandra can't see you off, but rest assured that she is eager that you get to the bottom of this." He grins before adding, "Once you've had your fill, of course. Can't get any work done on an empty stomach." He continues to eat his early meal, but keeps eye contact with each of you in case you have any questions.

    Anyone who wants to eat before setting out can order various breakfasts from Lucinda at the bar. There are meals as simple as porridge, various fruits, breads, and cheeses for those looking to spend a little more, and the most expensive breakfast would be the dried fish, served on small wafers.

    Spoiler: Meal Prices
    Show
    • Porridge - 6 cp
    • Bread/Cheese, Fruits - 3 sp
    • Dried Fish with Wafers - 5 sp

    If anyone wants to buy rations for the road, they cost 4 sp for a day's supply.
    Quote Originally Posted by fibericon View Post
    This seems like a really cool concept, so I feel like you're going to get a lot of applications. Best of luck sorting through them all. That said, I'm going to do my part to make your job that much harder by adding one to the stack.

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Orc in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [5e] Shackles of Blood

    Zilo first orders a bowl of porridge from Lucinda to eat, not minding the taste all that much- There wasn't much variety in food back then when he was sailing on the ship, and sometimes even when he had access to cook in the kitchen instead. The food supply is meant to last throughout the journey first and foremost, and taste comes second, if at all...

    Once he is done paying for the food, he comes to the table to take a seat with the rest. "Speaking of travel, how and when are we supposed to get back? Will we have to come back ourselves with our own coin?" he says as he takes a mouthful of the porridge, wishing a bit that it had more spices in it to give it more flavor.

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Somewhere Strange

    Default Re: [5e] Shackles of Blood

    When Ophine had returned her mask to her face, she had then touched the withered shoot of the flower that had bloomed last night.
    She whispered a phrase in the tongue of nature, and a tiny tremor of life passed into the shoot. Within seconds, it had sprouted again, ten fat blue berries - almost irredescent in hue - had grown along the plant.

    She plucked them carefully, and tucked nine away into a hidden pouch for later use. The last she popped into her mouth. Any morning hunger disappeared as she swallowed.

    The berry always tasted azure, she thought. A colour wasn't a taste, but nonetheless, it tasted azure, with a hint of cyan.

    She headed inside to meet the others, waiting patiently while they broke their fast.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Ophine casts goodberry and eats one, leaving 9 for the future
    And the far stars cried, and the planets yearned;
    But no man may know, for she'll ne'er return.

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhismurWanders's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [5e] Shackles of Blood

    Quote Originally Posted by Detective View Post
    "Speaking of travel, how and when are we supposed to get back? Will we have to come back ourselves with our own coin?" he says as he takes a mouthful of the porridge, wishing a bit that it had more spices in it to give it more flavor.
    "Tenan will wait around for the day, he has business in the valley and will be coming back. If you don't make it back today, I'm sure there will be wagons headed in this direction. We will, of course, repay any expenses this would cause."
    Quote Originally Posted by fibericon View Post
    This seems like a really cool concept, so I feel like you're going to get a lot of applications. Best of luck sorting through them all. That said, I'm going to do my part to make your job that much harder by adding one to the stack.

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: [5e] Shackles of Blood

    Ferrin rubs his temples and then stretches after a night of a bit too much wine and not enough sleep. His usual smirk has made room for a grumpy morning face. Four days of rations please. he utters before taking his porridge and sits down in a corner, shoveling the tasteless stuff into his mouth and starting straight ahead. The rogue learned to avoid water in his youth when there was a terrible plague going around town, so he orders a tea - or if that is not available a light ale to wash the porridge down.

    After a bit of hydration his mood stabilizes. Don't want to eat our boring city food, Ophine? he says after finishing his meal. Can't say I blame you but this stuff is sating. He pinches her sides. You could use a bit more ...ahem...grip.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Just to get my calculations right. We got 6g/6s/6c. I spent 1gp on wine, then 6 cp on porridge and 16 sp on rations, basically giving me +5 gp (minus one for what i overspent on starting gear) as well as 4 rations and a filled belly.

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Somewhere Strange

    Default Re: [5e] Shackles of Blood

    The druidess had looked Ferrin's way as he spoke, but when her reached out to pinch her sides she let out a small yelp as her eyes widened in outrage. In a swift motion, Ophine sharply brought the point of her staff down on Ferrin's toes.

    Ophine glowered at him further for a moment, and then spoke, her tone irritated.
    "I have eaten already. Nature's gifts avail themselves to me, should I beseech them: I'll need no further sustainance today."
    Last edited by Awful; 2018-10-14 at 07:03 PM.
    And the far stars cried, and the planets yearned;
    But no man may know, for she'll ne'er return.

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: [5e] Shackles of Blood

    Still a bit groggy from the night before, Ferrin fails to dodge the incoming toe crushing attack. Ouch! He bites his lips as the attention of the room swiftly shifts to him. For someone so in tune with nature you really are touchy about your body. Jeez. He throws down his bowl.

    Making a mental note that no body is worth this much 'abuse', Ferrin checks in with the others. Are you prepared?

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Orc in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [5e] Shackles of Blood

    Zilo tries to hold on to his laughter at the scene infront of him with Ferrin and Ophine, trying not to spill out the spoonful of porridge he has in his mouth. "I think you meant "no-touchy" he utters out after he swallows the food inside his mouth, asking for a cup of water to help in clearing the throat.

    "Well, if all are done playing around, i'm ready" he says, then looking at Ophine. "Chances are that the cart will be crowded with this many of us and the turtle, so heads up." Zilo says with a friendly smile.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    I am unsure how a single glass of water costs, not sure there is an exact number for a single water cup too-If you'll write down the cost, then I'll subtract it later when I'll get the chance.
    Last edited by Detective; 2018-10-15 at 04:56 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Dr.Samurai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ICU, under a cherry tree.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [5e] Shackles of Blood

    Guro
    Level 3 Ranger | HP: 28/28 | AC: 18

    In the early morning, Guro's head and limbs push through the flaps of leather on his shell and pop out as he stretches to get his blood flowing. After a few yawns, he stands from his spot on the common room floor and greets those that are already awake and rising. He sits to join Gai at the table, and as the others gather round to sit, he greets them all, I find it best to get enough rest before a journey like this. I hope I did not miss anything too fun last night. It has been my experience that things can get interesting in these kinds of buildings at night. He orders a bowl of porridge and when it arrives, he leans his head back and opens his beak wide, dropping spoonfuls of the gruel straight into his mouth. We mostly eat fish and fruit from where I hail. This mush is delicious, he says in between mouthfuls.

    As they eat, Gai instructs them on how they will get to their destination. Guro eventually finishes and pulls the bowl close to his face, attempting to lick anything left. I am ready to go, he says to Zilo, I will try not to take up too much room.

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: [5e] Shackles of Blood

    If stares could hurt, Zilo is pretty sure he would've taken sneak attack damage too. Ferrin decides that the curious turtle person is probably a better choice to talk to than the snappy nature girl. Good morning. Guro was it, right? Well, you didn't miss anything vital last night, but it was fun. And I hope dear Olisandra planned ahead and charted a big enough cart for all of us.

    A devilish grin envelops Ferrin's face. if we need space we could always just bind the halfling to one of the wagon wheels.

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Re: [5e] Shackles of Blood

    Miras wakes up. "ill jsut have some fruit, hope the cart is comfortable so i can nap some more"

    "Lets just have a fun day yes?"

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Somewhere Strange

    Default Re: [5e] Shackles of Blood

    The Oak-Crowned returned Zilo's gaze calmly now.
    "Lack of space is not a concern, so long as hands are not sent where they are not welcome."
    And the far stars cried, and the planets yearned;
    But no man may know, for she'll ne'er return.

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Orc in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [5e] Shackles of Blood

    Zilo offers a sly smile to Ferrin after his retort. "My my, can't take a banter? Where is that "friend of demi-humans" from earlier?" he chuckles as he gets down from his seat, carefully putting his backpack back on to prepare for travel.

    as he walks foward towards the exit, he looks up at Ophine. "And if they are sent, I am sure you can make them regret trying!" The halfling lets out a hearty laugh, waiting for the others to come along once they are ready.

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Dr.Samurai's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ICU, under a cherry tree.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [5e] Shackles of Blood

    Guro
    Level 3 Ranger | HP: 28/28 | AC: 18

    Ferrin decides that the curious turtle person is probably a better choice to talk to than the snappy nature girl. Good morning. Guro was it, right? Well, you didn't miss anything vital last night, but it was fun. And I hope dear Olisandra planned ahead and charted a big enough cart for all of us.

    A devilish grin envelops Ferrin's face. If we need space we could always just bind the halfling to one of the wagon wheels.

    Guro looks mortified at the thought, I... don't think that will be the case! If I take up too much space I will walk alongside the wagon.
    Last edited by Dr.Samurai; 2018-10-17 at 12:02 PM.

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: [5e] Shackles of Blood

    So let's pack up.

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2018

    Default Re: [5e] Shackles of Blood

    "This day is a mystery to me - haven't had any visions yet. I'm ready to go. And you two don't fight - not only a halfing can be tied to a cart wheel

    I cast mage armor on myself - spells prepared remain the same (sheet remains updated https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1689804)

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhismurWanders's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [5e] Shackles of Blood

    Gai looks up from his empty bowl and his eyes scan over each of you. "It looks like there's still one of you missing... The other woman in the armor."

    Spoiler: Update!
    Show
    Got a PM from Vozen saying they will try to get a post in today. Once that happens, we can ge this show on the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by fibericon View Post
    This seems like a really cool concept, so I feel like you're going to get a lot of applications. Best of luck sorting through them all. That said, I'm going to do my part to make your job that much harder by adding one to the stack.

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Vozen's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2017

    Default Re: [5e] Shackles of Blood

    Sigrid is the last to step out and join the group, apparently she had been a bit more tired than she thought when she turned in last night. Typical, not paying attention to her own body when she got focused.

    "Sorry for the wait." She said lightly as she stepped out to join the group "I'm good to leave whenever."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •