Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 325
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    EvilClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Pokemon Belur Island (IC)

    You have all been on the SS Gale for about two weeks now. The living quarters are overly spartan, just dozens of hammocks strung up between and over stacks of cargo. The tiny mess hall is always overcrowded, rowdy games of cards take place on the main table while the more dignified guests struggle to converse on the smaller tables near the bow. A hold in the stern is reinforced with steel to allow pokemon to be released for feeding, it attracts groups of people that don't have their own pokemon that always have a lot of questions to ask.

    Access to the upper decks, and the fresh air, has been restricted “for your safety” since the first storm came in on day two. It is now only available to the very important and even they need to make a special request. A soup containing fish and various root vegetables is served three time a day approximately 8 hours apart, about the only event on the ship that could be considered a routine. As a result many have completely lost track of time, sleeping schedules are very staggered and usually interrupted by noise.

    The crew have their own quarters but they often join the never ending game in the mess. When they are finally out they wander back upstairs with a smile on their face. It is obvious that they are loving the fact that the important people are stuck in the cramped cargo hold while they have free run of the ship. Every time anyone asks about the journey time they get the same non answer, “You'll get there when you get there”.

    Spoiler: Mia
    Show
    You have been worked hard over the past couple of weeks, it is nothing compared to your usual exercise routine but it has left you with less energy for your own training. Life on the ship has been basic and demanding but at least you have it better than the guests downstairs. You have been issued a crew uniform so you can come and go from the lower hold as you wish.


    Spoiler: Irelia
    Show
    Intar has convinced the captain to give him his own room on the upper deck. You are allowed to visit him in daylight hours and calm seas, like now.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Xenopax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokemon Belur Island (IC)

    So I look at em after he finishes his hollering and ask em one simple question "That's all fine and dandy mate but one thing doesn't make sense in my mind. That guy behind you? She's a woman?"... The whole table roars with laughter as Baron finished his tale. Baron spends his time cracking jokes with men twice his age and size. Fort was sitting on the table getting punch drunk while Lumelion was inside his Ball. Poor guy got sea sick. He was having loads of fun hanging with lowers. He didn't get into a single fight he had to reveal his powers for which pleased him. To everyone in the mess hall (excluding the Royal Guard lady he had met earlier. Assuming she was here.) he was just another guy having fun while waiting for his stop. He had met a few other Council members here who were going along to make some cash.
    Last edited by Xenopax; 2018-09-24 at 11:31 AM.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2009

    Default Re: Pokemon Belur Island (IC)

    Hara groans in her hammock, though the sound is not of distress. "Elieeeee why is there nothing to do on this ship? I'm booored." She queries the small pokemon as she picks the eevee up to hold over her face to face. Elie just looks down at Hara with that typical playful look on her face. "I want to go running around but they won't let us topside... The feeding area is supposed to be just for that and the games in the mess hall are just for old people. Where's the fairness in that?"

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    EvilClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokemon Belur Island (IC)

    Mess Hall

    "What did you just say to me!?" One of the council members bolts up from another table and towers over the man on the stool next to him. The man rises up slowly maintaining his gaze, his stone muscles groaning with the movement.

    "Are you deaf or just stupid, I said that if you were any good then the Knights wouldn't have kicked you out." his words roll out like shifting gravel, earning him a sharp uppercut to the jaw. It is difficult to tell who it hurt more.

    Sleeping Quarters

    "Who's to say that there's nothing to do?" Comes a voice from a hammock opposite, ropes creak as the figure in it sits up.
    "Do you see any crew around, who would stop us having fun," The boy pretends to look around, his overgrown clump of green hair shaking way more than it should. "The feeding area has plenty of room for a pokemon battle, that's what we are supposed to do now so we should get some practice."
    Last edited by Atrum Umbra; 2018-09-24 at 04:16 PM.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Netherlands

    Default Re: Pokemon Belur Island (IC)

    “You'll get there when you get there.” Mia was already tired from work and her morning exercise and was not in the mood answering the same question 20 times.
    Most of the passengers were bored, annoyed and/or not used getting treated like a "commoner", but some people were actually nice and although she spent most of her free time alone, it was nice to enjoy a drink with the crewmembers that finished their shift.

    She sat on a crate next to a few of the tables, listening to the stories of the passengers. In the past few days she learned a lot about the outside world and half of those things made no sense at all to her. Why would someone be more important if they have more money? How could people enjoy alcohol that much, while it just makes them act stupid? Where did all these people work out on this small ship without her noticing?

    Mia still had difficulties making friends on the ship and she was determined to change that, she just had to find the right person. "Maybe that woman in the black dress reading a book titled : Eggs,eggs,eggs…? No, she looks like she does not want to be disturbed. I guess I will just watch and listen for now, who knows what happens."

    At that moment her attention gets attracted to the two passengers starting a fight. "Amateurs... that guy his stance is all wrong." Mia decided to stay out of it for now, watching the show. If something changes or if it seems to go out of hand, she will take action.
    Last edited by dabone; 2018-09-24 at 05:46 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2018

    Default Re: Pokemon Belur Island (IC)

    Kei had spent most of his time in the feeding area, the one place where he was allowed to let Minchy and Leo out of their pokeballs. Minchy more than Leo, as he seemed to still make people nervous, despite that Kei had well demonstrated that his pokemon and its fire abilities were under control, even without all the reinforced steel they were surrounded with. Still, he tried his best to keep up their training and grooming schedule, despite that the crowded environment and constant jostling didn't allow him to properly do much of either.

    And so there again, Kei was on that morning. Or whatever time in was, it was hard to tell anymore. He greeted some familiar faces and sat down to release Minchy. "Mi~n.", she immediately complained as she climbed into his lap and he carefully work out a brush to work at her for once more, trying to fight against the curls the damp air seemed to give her. "Yes, I know. We'll be out of here soon, I promise." He usually would have preferred getting Leo out too, but most people seemed less wary when he only had one of his partners out at a time. He promised himself that he'd find time to properly take care of them both once they finally reached dry land.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GameOfChampions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Pokemon Belur Island (IC)

    Mess Hall

    Irelia looks from the, slightly calmer side of the Mess Hall, in the bow to the commotion on the other side of the Mess Hall where a fight seemed to be breaking out and sighed. She had been so excited for this adventure but so far it had just been a miserable time in this boat stuck between the loud mess, the swinging crowded hammocks, or the... feeding area. She didn't have anything against the feeding pen but seeing so many of those creatures there was weird, especially when she saw them wielding their elemental powers, which should only belong to humans, so easily. She had seen a handful of 'Pokemon' in her life but never so many or using their abilities so freely. Though given what she had heard about this new island they were heading to she should work on trying to get used to the Pokemon a lot more, they were undeniably useful tools in any toolbox and probably a goal in the exploration as well.

    Her attention looks back to the fight occurring and notes the stone like appearance of one of the men and wincing as the other tries to punch him in the jaw. 'This ought to be interesting to watch, though those hotbloods should learn to control themselves.'

    Off handedly she mentions out loud in a bored voice "I'll bet on the Stone Warrior if anyone is interested."
    "Facilis Descensus Averni." - Virgil, The Aeneid

    “Why would I want to win anything other than a beautiful game?” - Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear


  8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2009

    Default Re: Pokemon Belur Island (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Atrum Umbra View Post
    Sleeping Quarters

    "Who's to say that there's nothing to do?" Comes a voice from a hammock opposite, ropes creak as the figure in it sits up.
    "Do you see any crew around, who would stop us having fun," The boy pretends to look around, his overgrown clump of green hair shaking way more than it should. "The feeding area has plenty of room for a pokemon battle, that's what we are supposed to do now so we should get some practice."
    Hara lowers Elie and wiggles about so that her head can poke over the side of the hammock, abet upside down, to look at the speaker. Elie's head popping out next to hers after a moment. "Wait can we? I thought it was only supposed to be for feeding pokemon. Normally I wouldn't mind bending a few rules but... Well we are kinda on a ship. People might get worried we'd knock a few holes in the ship or something."

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhismurWanders's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokemon Belur Island (IC)

    Mercer found himself wandering towards the feeding area for the guest's pokemon once again. The end of the voyage was approaching, or so he hoped, and he was starting to tire of passing the time with meditating. The mess hall often felt cramped, and despite his best efforts to keep things civil, he was only one man, and plenty of fights and squabbles had started and summarily been stopped despite his attempts at inteervening. His temper was slowly being tested, and he was starting to fight impatience more and more often. He paused in front of the doors that opened up to the reinforced hull where the pokemon were kept, and took a deep breath. Spirits of Serenity, bless this ship, he thought to himself as he pushed through, doing his best to appear as calm as he normally would. It was important for the Order to keep up appearances, after all.

    As he walks in, he watches a few pokemon as they idle and eat, several of them playing with their trainers as well. The sights and sounds of content people and pokemon eased the man's anxiety as he strode towards a familiar face brushing a Mincinno. He tented his fingers and gave a short bow, along with his usual greeting, "Spirit's blessings upon you, Mr. Kei." He gave a friendly smile as well, aware that he had taken up quite a bit of time from his companion, mostly to ask about the two pokemon he had brought with him. He takes a spot on the floor and sits cross-legged, making sure his robes aren't caught under his legs before asking, "Are the two of you doing well today?"
    Quote Originally Posted by fibericon View Post
    This seems like a really cool concept, so I feel like you're going to get a lot of applications. Best of luck sorting through them all. That said, I'm going to do my part to make your job that much harder by adding one to the stack.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Xenopax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokemon Belur Island (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Atrum Umbra View Post
    Mess Hall

    "What did you just say to me!?" One of the council members bolts up from another table and towers over the man on the stool next to him. The man rises up slowly maintaining his gaze, his stone muscles groaning with the movement.

    "Are you deaf or just stupid, I said that if you were any good then the Knights wouldn't have kicked you out." his words roll out like shifting gravel, earning him a sharp uppercut to the jaw. It is difficult to tell who it hurt more.
    Baron supports his Brother and bellows out "If the Knights had half a brain they would have kept him! But if we take you as an example it's pretty clear they don't," He braces for the hit that should be coming any minute now.
    Omnissiah grant me the strength to change what I can,
    the patience to accept what I cannot,
    and CHAINFISTS FOR HANDS. Amen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timble View Post
    when an imperial knight says it wants to stick you in a large arena in which to fight to the death, you can't exactly say no.
    My 40k Discord Server: Join Today!
    Magic the Gathering (In the Playground)
    Games that I am in

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    EvilClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokemon Belur Island (IC)

    Sleeping Quarters

    "They reinforced the place, surely it will be fine. It's not like that little guy could break through steel, right?" he pulls an awkward face that makes it clear that he isn't really sure. "We'll just take it easy, we don't want the little guys to kill each after all."

    Mess Hall

    "Shut up Frosty, this doesn't concern you" The Stone Warrior snaps at Baron.

    Spoiler: Intuition 8
    Show
    A teenage boy across the table laughs real hard at this, as though he has some extra understanding around this comment. He quickly controls himself and resumes concentrating intently on something.

    The Stone Warrior barges into the taller man tackling him to the ground then headbutting him in the forehead. The back of the mans head smashes into the wooden floor denting it.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Netherlands

    Default Re: Pokemon Belur Island (IC)

    Mia walks up to the two fighting passengers.

    "I think this is enough for now, don't make a fool out of yourself. Also I don't want to clean up whatever mess you are going to make. If you have a problem with that, say it now, but be prepared to swim."
    Mia looks at both of them, hands in her side, like a stern mother to her children. She still has her outfit on and although the outfit is a little bit on the large size, you can still discern her athletic build through it. You are uncertain if she is just making a threat or if she really will try to throw someone overboard if they keep making a fuss.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GameOfChampions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Pokemon Belur Island (IC)

    Mess Hall

    Irelia rolls her eyes as yet even more people start to get involved in the fight, because adding more people ordering already riled up participants always makes things calm down. She gets up ready to leave the mess hall before it gets worse and try and get a nap in the sleeping quarters but before she gets very far she notices a laugh and then try to hide the laugh he had at the whole scenario. 'Huh I wonder if he knows them, or at least something about this fight. Maybe I should go see what it is, it may be more interesting then a nap at least.'

    She pulls up a seat beside him as the big Stone Warrior hits the other guy, planting his face into the ground. "So what was that little laugh you had to yourself about? Something interesting I hope, I could use a little interesting distraction from the monotony on this ship."
    "Facilis Descensus Averni." - Virgil, The Aeneid

    “Why would I want to win anything other than a beautiful game?” - Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear


  14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2018

    Default Re: Pokemon Belur Island (IC)

    "Mercer!", Kei called out when he saw the man, returning his smile with a tired one of his own and motioning for him to sit near. "We're all more than ready to arrive, I think.", he replied. "Mincinno.", agreed Minchy, her nod just as tired as Kei's smile. Kei had well enjoyed company on this trip. Not only had Mercer encouraged him to talk at length about two of his favourite topics, but it also gave Kei an excuse to have both of his partners out at the same time, which Kei immediately took advantage of by releasing Leo. "Litleo!", he greeted as Kei petted him affectionately. "Think you're going to have a try at getting along with Leo today?", Kipp asked teasingly. He knew well that few people ever dared to go near Leo, let alone touch him, despite how much Kei showed how safe it was. Of course, this partly due to the lick of fire constantly burning on top of his head. Minchy, people seemed to have less trouble with, though they often still seemed nervous about her.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Xenopax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokemon Belur Island (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Atrum Umbra View Post
    Mess Hall
    "Shut up Frosty, this doesn't concern you" The Stone Warrior snaps at Baron.

    Spoiler: Intuition 8
    Show
    A teenage boy across the table laughs real hard at this, as though he has some extra understanding around this comment. He quickly controls himself and resumes concentrating intently on something.

    The Stone Warrior barges into the taller man tackling him to the ground then headbutting him in the forehead. The back of the mans head smashes into the wooden floor denting it.
    Frosty. He knew. Barons pride was insulted. He pretty much leaps at the stone warrior with and begins beating on him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (2d6)[7] = Intuition
    (1d20)[7] v 2 = Attack
    (2d8+12)[22] = Damage
    Omnissiah grant me the strength to change what I can,
    the patience to accept what I cannot,
    and CHAINFISTS FOR HANDS. Amen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timble View Post
    when an imperial knight says it wants to stick you in a large arena in which to fight to the death, you can't exactly say no.
    My 40k Discord Server: Join Today!
    Magic the Gathering (In the Playground)
    Games that I am in

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2009

    Default Re: Pokemon Belur Island (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Atrum Umbra View Post
    Sleeping Quarters

    "They reinforced the place, surely it will be fine. It's not like that little guy could break through steel, right?" he pulls an awkward face that makes it clear that he isn't really sure. "We'll just take it easy, we don't want the little guys to kill each after all."
    Hara grins. "Shall we find out?" Her tone playful as the young adult clambers out of her hammock with Elie in tow. "If nothing else they can play around a bit even if they try to stop a fight. Oooh I wonder how long we could keep a chase going if the guards come after us?"

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhismurWanders's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokemon Belur Island (IC)

    Mercer shifts closer to the pair as Kei gestures for him to. "It would seem that many are anxious for the journey to be over." He leans in conspiratorially and chuckles as he confides, "Myself included, unfortunately." He leans back and continues to listen, but jumps slightly as Kei's other companion pokemon is revealed. The monk still wasn't used to the flashes of light and not-entirely subtle sounds that accompanied this, but managed to settle down slightly. Giving the small feline pokemon as friendly a grin as he can muster, he raises an eyebrow to Kei and asks, "D-do you think I'm ready?" He anticipated the answer and began rolling up his sleeves slightly to keep them away from the flickering flame above Leo's head.
    Quote Originally Posted by fibericon View Post
    This seems like a really cool concept, so I feel like you're going to get a lot of applications. Best of luck sorting through them all. That said, I'm going to do my part to make your job that much harder by adding one to the stack.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2018

    Default Re: Pokemon Belur Island (IC)

    Kei smiled reassuringly at Mercer, even as Leo was revealed. He was, himself, well used to pokeballs and their effects. "I can't tell you if you're ready or not. That's all up to you. But I can tell you that Leo's a good boy. He doesn't burn anything I don't tell him to." Kei moved his hand through Leo's flame to demonstrate. He gave a subtle gesture and Leo got up and padded his way next to Mercer, when he laid down again. "Besides, you were nervous about Minchy too and that turned out fine, right?"

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Netherlands

    Default Re: Pokemon Belur Island (IC)

    "I said ENOUGH!"

    Intimidate skill check (3d6) = (3d6)[10]

    Mia tries to get the two away from each other after the fight starts. She wants to push one away of the fighters away and take up the space between them.

    combat skill check (4d6) = (4d6)[14]

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    EvilClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokemon Belur Island (IC)

    Irelia
    The boy gulps audibly when somebody approaches, he had hoped nobody noticed his outburst. As he turns to face you a wave of relief washes over him. "Oh good, I was worried for a moment, Irelia isn't it," the last bit is more a statement than a question, but you don't recognise him. "Allow me to explain," He learns toward you conspiratorially.

    Spoiler: Whisper
    Show
    "You are about to witness my greatest work yet, these two" pointing at the men on the floor, "Have been at each others throats since they came aboard, it wasn't hard to push them over the edge. But that on it's own isn't enough, as you said it's obvious the rocky one will win, but with one little implanted name I made the fight far more fun to watch." He states matter of factly, and without flinching, as the enormous Baron joins the fray just the other side of the table. He continues gushing about his exploits in orchestrating more fights aboard, clearly happy to have somebody to share with, until some little lady shows up to spoil his fun. "What's she doing, no no no she'll ruin everything."


    Hara & Feeding Room
    "You'd probably have an easier time running than me, but let's get going, I'm Rolph by the way."The two of you take the short trip out of the cargo hold turned sleeping area to the feeding room. The room isn't crowded but everyone is spread out which makes it difficult to find space. Rolph clears his throat, his hair turns browner and stands out from his head, "Everyone clear some space, we are going to have a battle," his voice reverberates through the room as if being carried by the wood of the ship and the crowd moves to the edge in anticipation.

    Baron & Mia
    If his rocky features could show any emotion then it would be surprise as Baron's full force crashes into him.

    The Stone Warrior is incredibly heavy and doesn't move when Mia tries to pry the fight apart. Her efforts do give the other man a chance to wiggle free, he backs up under the table.

    With his other foe retreating the walking boulder turn to face Baron, his face straining to form a grin, "Oh, you just hit the wrong guy." He charges shoulder first at your chest.

    Spoiler: Rock Tomb
    Show
    Attack VS AC 5 = (1d20)[16]
    Damage = (2d6+15)[26]

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2018

    Default Re: Pokemon Belur Island (IC)

    Kei was already sitting at the edge of the feeding area, so there would have been no need for him to move. And he usually would have been happy to seen a battle. This hardly seemed like the place, however. The 'arena' was much more cramped than it should have been. Plus, not only was it inside a sailing ship, but it was now surrounded by a crowd of onlookers, so if any move missed... And obviously, there wouldn't be any proper facilities on board, so any injuries to the pokemn or the onlookers would be much worse and much more prolonged than they would otherwise be. Kei took a careful look at the pair who had entered. No sign of the Followers, or of any group he knew of which practiced the ancient art. Were they even aware of how dangerous a battle could be? "Sorry, Mercer. It looks like something just came up.", he said as he got up, smiling as he moved against the crowd and towards the one who had called out, Minchy and Leo following at his sides. "Hi~!", he called out, waving. "I couldn't help but hearing and... I mean, a battle. Are you sure you want to do that? I get it, we've been down here for so long and you want to blow off so steam. Bu~t this is probably not the right time or place, you know?"
    Last edited by Kinro; 2018-09-26 at 04:53 PM.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    EvilClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokemon Belur Island (IC)

    Feeding Room
    With some room clear Rolph reaches into his pouch producing his only pokeball. He points it out and activates it, the energy stream forms into a stout acorn-like pokemon who stands there looking confused. "Give it your best shot."

    Brawl
    Light shockwaves bounce off of the Stone Warriors back but he doesn't really notice it.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Should have included this earlier, I need to get better at making longer posts so that more can happen at once. I'll try to do all NPC actions at once to speed up combat.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhismurWanders's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokemon Belur Island (IC)

    Though Mercer felt compelled to intervene and perhaps stop the battle, he didn't quite feel it was his place. Sitting off to the side with Kei and Leo, he slowly stretched out his hand to move up and down the Litleo's back, keeping a respectful distance from the flame atop his head. He might work his way there, but for now ... for now not risking burning his robes seemed the proper way to do things. He calls out to the pair preparing to battle, as loudly as is needed over the din, "Do be careful! Wouldn't want to cause any injuries this far out at sea!"
    Quote Originally Posted by fibericon View Post
    This seems like a really cool concept, so I feel like you're going to get a lot of applications. Best of luck sorting through them all. That said, I'm going to do my part to make your job that much harder by adding one to the stack.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2009

    Default Re: Pokemon Belur Island (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Atrum Umbra View Post
    Hara & Feeding Room
    "You'd probably have an easier time running than me, but let's get going, I'm Rolph by the way."The two of you take the short trip out of the cargo hold turned sleeping area to the feeding room. The room isn't crowded but everyone is spread out which makes it difficult to find space. Rolph clears his throat, his hair turns browner and stands out from his head, "Everyone clear some space, we are going to have a battle," his voice reverberates through the room as if being carried by the wood of the ship and the crowd moves to the edge in anticipation.
    "I'm Hara, pleasure to meetcha~" She rubs her hands together eagerly as people start to move towards the edges. What was that he did just now? Eh didn't matter it was their pokemon that were going to be fighting not them. "I'm curious to see what cha got Rolph. Come on Elie lets get ready!" The duo head for the other end of the now more open area and wait for their opponent to send their pokemon out.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Nov 2009

    Default Re: Pokemon Belur Island (IC)

    Hara can't help but aw and giggle at the cute little acorn. "He's adorable!" She hops from foot to foot in excitement before someone calls out from the sidelines. "Why not now when we're not busy than when we're busy setting up camp? Besides it's just a friendly match and I've got what I need to make a potion... Oh I probably should have stocked up more before the trip. Oops." Eh she still had enough for one potion at least. "Alright Elie show him how excited you are!" The little eevee darts forward towards the acorn and... Starts tickling it?

    Spoiler
    Show
    Lets assume Hara uses Agility Training every round so effective init mod of 16?
    Elie will use Tickle. AC 2, melee 1, lower targets attack and defense -1 CS. (1d20)[15]

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2018

    Default Re: Pokemon Belur Island (IC)

    Kei carefully backed away, his smile fixed on his face. It seemed that the pair were intent on pursuing their foolishness and he was certainly not willing to get into the middle of a battle, especially an ill-advised one. "Mercer.", he said, worry in his voice as he returned Minchy and Leo to their pokeballs. "You might want to get up. And be careful. I'm not sure these two know what they're doing." Sure, it was just... tickling now. But eventually, it would come to blows and Kipp knew well how hard a pokemon could hit.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    GameOfChampions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Canada

    Default Re: Pokemon Belur Island (IC)

    Irelia turns to watch the fight progressing even more, replying absent minded "Ya its Irelia."

    Then she catches herself and gives him another look with a quirked lip "Hmmm seems everything isn't quite going according to plan after all... whats your name again? Anyway maybe she'll add some nice needed drama to the scene you apparently organized for kicks. Do you know those guys?"
    "Facilis Descensus Averni." - Virgil, The Aeneid

    “Why would I want to win anything other than a beautiful game?” - Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear


  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Xenopax's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Pokemon Belur Island (IC)

    Baron eats the punch and spits out some blood before swiping at him with a fist coated in purple lightning. It breaks through his skin armor and Sends the Stone warrior flying into a wall where he slumps down, unconscious. Baron helps his fellow council man to his feet and then He yells out "Anyone else want some? You? or you? What about you? pointing at different people (including Mia but not ending on her) who seemed unhappy with the outcome. He looks positively terrifying, with blood leaking from the spots where he was hit.
    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    (1d20)[5]: Attack
    Last edited by Xenopax; 2018-09-27 at 03:21 AM.
    Omnissiah grant me the strength to change what I can,
    the patience to accept what I cannot,
    and CHAINFISTS FOR HANDS. Amen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timble View Post
    when an imperial knight says it wants to stick you in a large arena in which to fight to the death, you can't exactly say no.
    My 40k Discord Server: Join Today!
    Magic the Gathering (In the Playground)
    Games that I am in

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Netherlands

    Default Re: Pokemon Belur Island (IC)

    As the big man does not move from his spot by the force from Mia, she bounces back, striking out as she regains her stance


    Spoiler
    Show


    Second strike :

    rock smash : roll vs AC 2 (d20)[4]

    damage : d8+19 (d8+19)[27]


  30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    WhiteWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Netherlands

    Default Re: Pokemon Belur Island (IC)

    Mia looks at the determined fighter, injured but not backing down. She probably would be able to take him down, even though it would be dangerous, but the fight could be ended here and no honour was to gain in beating an injured man in a unnecessary fight.


    She admired the man his ,maybe foolish, determination. Never give up if you can still move. But he should have talked to her instead of calling her out. "Stupid men and there pride"

    "Lower your fist, you have showed your worth, no reason to continue this and make a fool of yourself." Mia lowers her fighting stand a bit, but keeps ready if one of the two decides to do something stupid.

    If the tensions lessens : "Now go enjoy your drink, I will get this man to the infirmary. Do you need any medical assistance?"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •