New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default What Armor Enhancements to pick

What special abilities should I pick for my armor for my Melee Sword and Board Binder/Blackguard.

Assuming I have:

Ring of Freedom of movement so I don't need Freedom

Immunity to Negative levels from Binder so I don't really need Soulfire

And I'm not really worried about Crits because my AC is really good so I don't need Fortification.

What should I pick?
    Last edited by Yogibear41; 2019-02-16 at 01:46 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What Armor Enhancements to pick

Well, first off, soulfire armor still stops death effects, which is nothing to sneeze at, although you could certainly save some cash by getting death ward armor as your contingency for it instead.

If I were you, though, I'd look toward Defenders of the Faith. It has several very strong armor enhancements: charming armor (+2 bonus), which automatically casts charm monster against anyone who attacks you; ethereal armor (+3), which lets you cast ethereal jaunt at will, and can be upgraded to etherealness for an additional +1; and energy drain (+2), which allows you to inflict enervation as the spell anytime you touch anyone. You could also consider armor of proof against transmutation (+6) from Magic of Faerun, which has the interesting and unique effect of granting immunity to any effect that would change your form, including polymorphs, petrification, disintegration, and so on.
    Last edited by Troacctid; 2019-02-16 at 02:02 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Don't forget the time buttress effect which you can slap onto a buckler or animated shield. It's on the SRD's Psionic section, so I'm assuming it's from EPH.

Twilight on a mithral chain shirt is a good way to make it so that anyone can wear a chain shirt.

Soulfire, as mentioned, is excellent for its other immunities. And the fortification line is, while boring, very useful even if your AC is high IMO. I wouldn't discount them!

There's also the aporter enhancement, which I'm like 80% sure is from MIC. It gives you a quick dimension door to get out of trouble. And also from the MIC there's some restful crystal or comfy crystal or something like that which lets you sleep in your armor, a thing I've personally found to be useful.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

The Energy Drain sounds pretty cool, but read that it was updated in the ghost walk update to only be 1/day. So that makes it alot worse.

Besides on this character I rather just hit things with my sword to be honest.

Also this character has high saves and has Steadfast Determination so most Fort save effects I should pass with ease.

I'll probably pick up Ghost Ward (+1) to my Armor (not shield) to boost my Touch AC, will work well with my Parrying Shield/Divine Shield/Tenebrous Combo.
    Last edited by Yogibear41; 2019-02-16 at 02:51 AM.