Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Test Dungeon: IC

    This is the in character thread for the Test dungeon.

    This is the link to the OOC thread, please keep OOC comments to the OOC thread.
    https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...1#post24398411

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Mar 2020

    Default Re: Test Dungeon: IC

    Big Al scratched his ginger-thatched head. 'is this the place I was told to go' he wondered to himself.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: Test Dungeon: IC

    When you decided to join the Adventurer's Guild, you did not expect the blatant amount of bureaucracy involved. Lots of paperwork and swearing in, less excitedly slashing at things. After having sworn the necessary binding oaths, you were added to a team, and told that you would be heading to Ruinheim to train up your strength and become more useful members of the Guild.

    Your stomach twists in knots as you step through the violet portal. Emerging from the other side you see the backs of other travelers moving away from you. In front of you sprawls the snowy, muddy boom town of Ruinheim. One of the only solid structures, the church, stands directly in front of you; but most of the foot traffic seems to be heading towards the east. Based on the sounds you would gather that there is perhaps a marketplace or town square that direction. It is colder than you expected, and you are suddenly grateful for the furs given to you by your guild induction agent. when they told you that you were headed to a mountain range out in the middle of nowhere to train, the last thing you pictured was icy winds.

    As you walk away from the portal, taking care to avoid getting the worst of the slush on your feet, you can't help but feel underwhelmed at the tent city before you. There is no apparent organization to the layout, and the bustling populace makes the entire thing feel very overcrowded. Your instructions and basic map indicate that if you head east to the market place you will meet with a guild representative named Denad and the rest of your new team.

    What do you do?

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Test Dungeon: IC

    *By the Hells that's cold!* Andreas shivers violently as he quickly sidesteps to avoid being run over by any tallfolk coming through the portal behind him.

    After taking in his first impression of Ruinheim and eager to improve his standing in the Guild and to get out of the icy teeth of the wind, Andreas hurries Eastward towards the market.

    *Maybe I can find some mulled wine to take the edge off, though judging by the look of those tents it'll be a far cry from Uncle Hoff's.*

    He darts and dodges through the crowd, loosely following the map while keeping his reddening nose on alert for the smells of wine and spices.

    My player profile.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Mar 2020

    Default Re: Test Dungeon: IC

    Al looks around, more than a little overwhelmed. Even on feast day in the castle be had apprenticed as a smith at there would have been only a fraction of these numbers.

    At last, an adventure.

    He headed towards the market with Barker and Shep trotting at his heels. The two mongrel dogs looked a little overwhelmed too.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    HalfOrcPirate

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Spain
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Test Dungeon: IC

    Yarezh is disgusted by the place.

    But his road to fame starts here, and his talents will be once for all recognized.

    He starts to wander around the marketplace looking for Denad trying to be discrete at the same time
    Spoiler: Gather info
    Show
    (1d20+3)[12]

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: Test Dungeon: IC

    Upon arriving at the misshapen ovular clearing that could, generously, be called a market you see multiple cloth stalls flying small flags denoting what they do. There is someone selling mining equipment, a bigger tent with an eye emblazoned upon it, a larger closed tent with a set of scales and the the guild symbol, several other vendors, and a small cloth covered booth flying the guild crest. Seated within is a bored looking human man, who appears to be listening to the gesticulating Red haired barbarian with a large war hammer over his back.


    While skulking around Yarezh overhears a pair of human males in leather armor equipped with short swords griping that their one run retirements have been ruined thanks to the greed of the owners of Ruinheim; who have begun applying an entrance fee to the dungeon, as well as taxing goods that come out.


    Andreas following his nose will encounter a man wondering the market with a covered pitcher, if you have a cup the man will fill it for 2cp, if not he'll pour you a mouthful for 1cp.


    Barker and Shep bristle at the unfeeling crowds that jostle around their master, but as well trained dogs, they stick to Al's heels.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: Test Dungeon: IC

    Ufela looks around, seeing how the people are doing.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    HalfOrcPirate

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Spain
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Test Dungeon: IC

    Yaresh approaches the two men.

    I beg your pardon. I couldn't help overhearing your conversation, these damned elven ears have that nasty habit.

    I'm in the city looking for adventures and work. But I don't want to deal with any interventionist who wants to tax people for their loot.

    Could you please inform me on this most unexpected turn of events?


    Spoiler: Bluff
    Show
    (1d20+9)[13]

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: Test Dungeon: IC

    As Ufela looks around studying the townspeople, the first thing she notices is the disproportionate amount of men. She could estimate that roughly 85% of the people she sees are male. there are no homeless or beggars that she can see, but working folks. Most races and ethnicities are represented here, which isn't too difficult to figure given the expense the portal guild went to opening a gate to this place. Most folks are armed, with various weaponry suiting personal preference. There are many martial types, although casters are present. It appears that there aren't very many others who are capable of channeling divinity; but not everyone the gods choose are obvious.

    Yaresh, you can't help your nose from twitching as you approach the men, the smell of sweat and leather coming off them isn't a pleasant one. "Well elf, the guy who found the dungeon bought the mountain, and as such, owns the dungeon. Someone recently gave him the bright idea that the guild isn't the only one who could tax entrance and goods taken from the dungeon. rumor has it that Lord Roland is in debt to the guild pretty bad, so we're betting thats why he got a hard on for taking us innocent folks money. but it means that we have to go in there multiple times, risking our lives, to make good money, instead of just once or twice like before. Greedy bastard. that said, at least we're luckier than you elf. We ain't guild, so at least we don't have to pay their toll! good luck fish" the man says as he walks away.


    the red haired barbarian stomps away from the bored looking human at the guild booth. The crowd is beginning to thin some as the morning grows older, most of them trickling their way north, stretching and doing warm ups as they move. The people seem to be traveling in groups of 6 for the most part. All though the smallest group of people, other than single individuals, is a team of three mages moving in companionable silence. Also headed north.
    Last edited by Roninblack; 2020-03-17 at 10:32 PM.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: Test Dungeon: IC

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Ufela is a lady.


    Shrugging, she continues on her way east.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Test Dungeon: IC

    Isabella trudges towards the marketplace - or the way she's pretty sure is towards the marketplace - with both her shield and her club already out. She wasn't looking to talk to anyone or be talked to until she reached where she was going. No doubt one or more of the humans would insist, though. Or someone else. "Ugh", she sighed as she trudged through, not at all happy.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Test Dungeon: IC

    Quote Originally Posted by Roninblack View Post
    Andreas following his nose will encounter a man wondering the market with a covered pitcher, if you have a cup the man will fill it for 2cp, if not he'll pour you a mouthful for 1cp.
    Andreas buys a flask from a nearby vendor and happily pays for the vendor to fill it with wine. He holds the warm drink in his hands for a few moments, happily breathing in the smell of the spices before taking a deep drink. He sighs happily and offers the man his thanks. He quickly finishes the flask and pays the man to fill it again while he walks in the direction of the tent with the Guild's symbol. He decides to conceal himself nearby and finish his second flask of wine, waiting to see if anyone is entering or leaving the tent.
    Spoiler: Hide and Spot rolls
    Show

    Hide: (1d20+11)[23]
    Spot: (1d20+6)[23]

    My player profile.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: Test Dungeon: IC

    Andreas: Indeed, it is nowhere near the quality of what uncle Hoff makes, but any warm wine on a blustery day! After all, the wine of the Tallfellows is nearly as legendary as that of the elves. Multiple people are seen leaving the tent. A few throw odd glances your way. There is nothing to distinguish them from the rest of the passersby. A few throw you an odd glance before walking on their way. A few do seem to be carrying money pouches however, or can be seen putting them inside bags as they make their way out of the large tent.


    With isabella in the mood she's in, she is well aware that stomping through town, weapons drawn with a scowl on her face and a glare for meeting eyes may be the best way to avoid being approached. Whatever the case she avoids being accosted as she makes the relatively short walk to the marketplace. her faithful companion provides a nice counterpart however, moving happily around enjoying the new smells and fresh air, but never straying far from it's friend!


    Ufela, moving against the current somewhat finally reaches the marketplace, now much less crowded. There are probably only 20 or 30 people remaining, discounting the various shop owners and vendors.


    Yarezh and Al both approach the smaller stall with the guild symbol on it. The human within wears tawny red winter furs, however he is a slight man. Medium height with a thin build, the first thing you think when you see him is that he should really be eating more.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: Test Dungeon: IC

    Ufela asks around, seeing if someone could direct her to her destination.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    HalfOrcPirate

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Spain
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Test Dungeon: IC

    Yarezh tells Al to come with him.

    Come on big guy. If what these adventurers say is true, we better hurry or we will barely make any profit.

    He approaches the man in the stall.


    Yarezh Mazemaster, registered in the guild. Me and my companions are looking for some work.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: Test Dungeon: IC

    Ufela is directed towards the smaller stall. Standing in front of it is a carrot top in armor, and an elf in winter clothing. She walks up just in time to here the man say,
    "I'm Denad, you must be my new party. We'll wait here, the others should be joining shortly. My notes say there are supposed to be five of you. While we wait, any questions? I know that the first time can be kind of weird for the fish."
    He doesn't sound insulting, but there really isn't much support in his tone either.
    Last edited by Roninblack; 2020-03-19 at 08:44 PM. Reason: spoiler innaccurate

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    JNAProductions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Avatar By Linklele!

    Default Re: Test Dungeon: IC

    Hello! My name is Ufela-I guess I'm the medic? she says.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

    Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show


    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Goblin

    Join Date
    Mar 2020

    Default Re: Test Dungeon: IC

    Al follows the stranger to the tent. A mazemaster... That sounds useful. He stoops as he enters. He is pretty used to it by now. He tells the dogs to wait outside. He quickly tries to think of a name that sounds useful the realises it is pointless. He knows he is a young guy with no reputation.
    "Alistair Forge, pleased to meet you."
    Last edited by Monsterpoodle; 2020-03-29 at 01:25 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •