New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [PF] The Risen Guard of Osirion; Forged in Strife and Fire

It wasn't much of a duel. Zadkiel missed wide with both his shots, then dodged an arrow just to take two more square in the chest through his armor, and froze in place like his companions.
    Last edited by Athaleon; 2019-09-26 at 10:12 PM.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Troll in the Playground

Hearing the creature cackling and shrieking at the top of the building next to him, once Oathbreaker could move again he tucked the short sword into its sheath and began climbing. Quietly, but quickly.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Move Action: Sheath short sword
    Standard: Climb at half speed (so basically 10' up rather than 5' up). Climb DC is 5 higher as a result. Since the speed is reduced (and still lower than his full speed, 20' versus 30'), I believe Oathbreaker can make a stealth check here to do it quietly?
    Climb: (1d20+11)[19]
    Stealth: (1d20+27)[38]
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

Threads I'm currently DMing:

Threads I have successfully completed:

3. - Top - End - #483
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

"We have no time for this! Osorkon get me up there!" Graitore yells. He takes a deep breath preparing himself for the upcoming change. If he had this power and could control it, he was going to use it when so many people's lives were at stake.

Spoiler
    Show
    free action berserking
    Free action rage
    Swift action draw Dan bong
    Standard action ready an action to grapple the enemy (1d20+17)[35]

4. - Top - End - #484
    Barbarian in the Playground

Osorkon nods, grabbing Gratoire’s arm while cutting his own leg. ”Wyzanciea.” Osorkon immediately dismounts after seeing Gratoire appear next to the vile creature.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Teleport Gratoire and then dismount.
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show
    Pending

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoldenfedora
    You beautiful bastard, making me agree with you by complimenting me

Fantastic Avatar by smuchmuch!

5. - Top - End - #485
    Titan in the Playground

As Zadkiel recovered from his paralysis, Osorkon teleported Graitore to the roof where he quickly grabbed hold of the gangly undead horror. It shrieked at the man's sudden appearence, scratching at the man with its claws but not making any attempt to escape. Zadkiel notices its bow clatter to the roof and then fall to the alleyway below. Finally, Oathbreaker found excellent handholds on a vine-hatch which propelled him to the roof far quicker than he initially thought.

Spoiler
    Show
    Graitore takes 6 and 9 Slashing/Piercing damage. Note; the Baykok's claw attack does not induce paralysis like its bow.
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2019-09-30 at 05:37 PM.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

6. - Top - End - #486

SwashbucklerGuy

With the baykok in his hands, Graitore begins to tear into him, biting at every opportunity he can, in one moment he quickly pushes away forward towards the street, hoping to take them both down to the street level.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift action animal fury (1d20+12)[30]
    Damage (2d6+8)[18] and if successful all grapple checks gain an additional +2 bonus
    Standard action maintain grapple (1d20+23)[31] if successful move off of building to street level
    Move action: maintain grapple (1d20+23)[24] if successful deal bite damage (2d6+8)[19]

Free action: berserking

7. - Top - End - #487
    Troll in the Playground

Scrambling to the top of the roof just in time to watch his target disappear off the side with Graitore, Oathbreaker blinks first in surprise and then sighs in consternation as he was now up on top of the roof alone.
    On the other hand, that does give Oathbreaker an opportunity, one which he does not hesitate to take advantage of as he runs across the roof, throwing himself off the side of the building in a leap to get some distance clear of the scuffle now occuring at street level below him. As gravity begins to take hold, Oathbreaker barked out an arcane command.

"Initiative Arcana: Weight of a Feather!"

Floating down unfortunately directly on top of Graitore & the baykok due to a loose stone breaking free as he jumped, Oathbreaker noticed that the beast had dropped its bow in the melee.
    So he picked it up, the bow made of carved bone now floating in mid-air tauntingly above the undead archer and Graitore as they wrestled about on the street.

Show

Move: Take a running jump off the side of the building, aiming to make it 10' to get on the far side of Graitore & the baykok grapple.
    Acrobatics: (1d20+3)[4] vs. DC 10
    Swift/Immediate Action: Cast Feather fall to descend without damage, landing on his feet.
    Standard: Pick up the baykok's bow

Vanish Rounds: 3/6 Used
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2019-09-30 at 10:02 PM.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ettin in the Playground

Zadkiel shook off the paralysis and determined to hit his enemy this time. He could not let the insults go unanswered.

Spoiler
    Show

Let's try this again. Forgot about Stance of Piercing Rays, not that it would have mattered last time.

Standard Action: Barrage with Pinning Punishment talent (applies if both attacks hit), DC 19 Reflex negates

To-Hit: (1d20+11)[26]
    Damage: (2d6+7)[14] + (2d6)[5] Bane + (1d6)[3] Fire

To-Hit: (1d20+11)[27]
    Damage: (2d6+7)[19] + (2d6)[7] Bane + (1d6)[2] Fire

9. - Top - End - #489

Osorkon grimaces as the creature tumbled to the ground he runs up to it, grabbing his amulet in one hand and forming a flat, opened palm with the other. ”By Ra’s power be cleansed!” He tries to grab the Baykok with pulsing positive energy spewing from his open hand.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    5’ step. Spend a channel. Anathema melee touch attack (1d20+2)[9]

Damage (6d6)[21].

can harm any living or undead target with the evil descriptor or with an evil alignment, even if positive energy would not normally damage the target. The target does not receive a saving throw against damage done by this ability.
    Last edited by warper; 2019-10-01 at 05:06 PM.
    Show
    Pending

Show

10. - Top - End - #490
    Titan in the Playground

The creature screeched as it fell through the sky and the beastman tore at it with his teeth, the bloodmage assaulted it and the archer peppered it with arrows. But it's wailing reached a crescendo as Oathbreaker grabbed the immaculate bow. NOoo! That is mine! I earned it! My hunt was perfect! It is my right! He wriggled himself free from Graitore's grasp before lunging at Oathbreaker.

Spoiler: Attack of Opportunity
    Show
    Everyone in melee gets 2 different opportunity attacks; one from it standing up and another for an Disarm attempt without the feat. Once those are rolled, I'll edit/post the rest of the turn (likely its untimely demise).
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

11. - Top - End - #491
    Troll in the Playground

As the creature shrieks at him to give its weapon back, Oathbreaker decides to oblige him, by giving it back to him in the form of whipping him in the face with the top portion of the bow.

Spoiler: AoO
    Show

As it rises from Prone, so +4 Prone, -4 Improvised Weapon, +2 Invisibility, +1 Magic (or more, depending)
    To-Hit: (1d20+11)[27]
    Damage: (1d3+5)[6]

12. - Top - End - #492

SwashbucklerGuy

Gratoire could tell oathbreaker was just above him as the bow wiggled about in the air. Unable to contain the frenzied enemy he snapped viciously one final time at the baykok as it thrashed free of his hold on it. He stood and moved quickly, trying to avoid collision with his newly visible as he regained a combat stance and attacked again.

Spoiler
    Show
    aoo (1d20+10)[22] with an added +2 for flanking and -4 for attacking from prone
    Damage (2d6+8)[19]
    Move action stand from prone
    Five foot step
    Standard action attack (1d20+12)[21]
    Damage (2d6+8)[12]
    Free action berserking
    Last edited by thegoldenfedora; 2019-10-03 at 10:38 AM.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ettin in the Playground

"Your only right is to be put down, like a hunting dog gone rabid," Zadkiel spat as he shot two more arrows at the creature.

Spoiler
    Show

Standard Action: Barrage with Pinning Punishment talent (applies if both attacks hit), DC 19 Reflex negates

To-Hit: (1d20+11)[17]
    Damage: (2d6+7)[13] + (2d6)[8] Bane + (1d6)[4] Fire

To-Hit: (1d20+11)[14]
    Damage: (2d6+7)[13] + (2d6)[8] Bane + (1d6)[6] Fire
    Last edited by Athaleon; 2019-10-04 at 01:35 AM.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Titan in the Playground

As everyone dog-piled the aberrant undead,it crumpled as its pained wails slowly dwindle, its body disintegrating to fine grave dust. Oathbreaker takes a moment to examine the bow, finding it made of white acacia wood. Engraved in the wood, near where one would grip the bow, is the words in Ancient Osirion dialect, "Bounty of the Sphinx is found within the Reeds." As you take a moment to catch your breath, a crack of thunder draws your attention back to your objection; the slave docks. You re-mount your horses, taking back to the street at full tilt.

As you move through the Riverside, Oathbreakers enchantment making crossing the now flooded river a breeze, you come at an impasse part way through the Dawnflower district. A number of buildings had collapsed in the gales and flooding, making traversing the area dangerous. You could attempt to move directly, but the horses could not mount such an effort; the debris is too rough and uneven. The alternate is finding safe, relative undamaged paths, but that could take a great deal of time.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

15. - Top - End - #495
    Troll in the Playground

As the undead crumples under their combined assault, Oathbreaker turns away to examine the abomination's bow.
    Quite a nice piece of workmanship, the bow's presence in the possession of such a monstrosity seemed strange.
    Closing his eyes briefly, Oathbreaker stretched out his senses as he intoned the necessary words to examine the item more deeply.

"Initiate Arcana: Arcane Sight."

It takes Oathbreaker a number of seconds to focus enough on the bow itself, but once its aura were clear he began to catalog and analyze them.

Show

Casting Detect Magic, concentrating for 3 rounds, attempting to identify the properties of the bow, assuming that it is in fact magical.
    Spellcraft: (1d20+14)[34]

Assuming that Oathbreaker detects nothing wrong with the bow, he offers it to Zadkiel.

"Perhaps you will be able to make better use of this than its previous owner did."

The ancient warrior then returns to his horse and remounts to continue their journey, although that does not last long before they are faced with another blockade to their passage.

"It appears we will need to abandon the horses. Osorkon, Graitore, you will need to be careful - I was unable to extend my water striding magics to you, and I cannot transfer the enchantment placed on your horses.
    I *can* generate a new enchantment for you both, but it will take a considerable amount of my magical reserves, which may be needed for other endeavors. Nonetheless, if it seems necessary in order for us to continue, I will provide it at that time. Let us proceed on foot from here."

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ettin in the Playground

"Right. It will be an honor and a duty to return such a weapon to righteous service. But if we can find a relatively safe place for the horses, I think it will be worth it to try—if we lose them, every task after this one will take us that much longer."

17. - Top - End - #497

SwashbucklerGuy

Graitore hops up onto some rune to get a good look for a place that would they could find quickly and that would be safe to tie the horses to for some time. He feels the pressure of time and the lack of immediately helping the people weighs heavily on his mind.

Spoiler
    Show
    survival or perception check to find a good place whichever is more appropriate (1d20+10)[25]

18. - Top - End - #498
    Ettin in the Playground

Zadkiel quickly surveyed the area and tried to think of a likely place to stash the horses.

Spoiler
    Show

Aid Another to help Graitore - Auto succeeds vs DC 10; might help him find it faster?

19. - Top - End - #499
    Titan in the Playground

It takes some time, but you manage to find a sturdy looking building in a relative high ground and managed to coax the horses inside; there was no guarantee they'd be here later or that the building would be intact and above the water line but it was better than leaving them in the street. While you make quick progress, traveling over rough rubble on foot was certainly less swift than horseback.

Finally, you start to make real progress towards the Slave Docks. As your round a bend, you can see the massive length of salt-chain. Now that you are closer, you can see the salt-chain has pierced straight through Mr. Drunmer's warehouse. But that isn't what draws your attention. A massive crowd of people are moving about, building barricades, battlements and other defensive structures, though of shoddy quality. It is obvious through the crowds stochastic movement that they are not well trained nor suited for the tasks they are performing. And over the pouring rain and peel of thunder, you can hear the deep, rhythmic thumping of a massive drum.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll have a map later; don't have time to make one now. For now here is the relevant details for how the layout of the area.

The defensive barricades are half a dozen layers deep but are of shoddy craftsmenship; they are only about 5 feet high and require only a DC 10 Athletics (Climb) check to scale.
    It is hard to get a number on the crowd but could easily crest a hundred or more. Most are dressed in simple clothing but some are in nothing more than modesty tatters. No one seems to be talking or communicating with each other and they work with neutral expressions on their face.
    There are a handful of people who are not working; all of them are equipped with armor and weapons in hand or at their sides. They seem to be watching the outer perimeter more than the interior.
    The defensive barricades are in concentric semi-circles and abuts against the wall of water in the bay; short of taking a swim you cannot go in via the rear.
    The warehouse's roof is partially collapsed and the massive salt-chain is anchored somewhere inside.
    The sound of the drum is coming from inside.
    While its difficult to make out, there are non-humanoids moving about the barricades. You'll have to move closer to properly identify whats crawling around.

REMINDER:I'm going on vacation tomorrow; game will be paused (though feel free to post) till I return on 10/20 (though probably won't get to post till the following day).
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

20. - Top - End - #500

SwashbucklerGuy

"Osorkon, would you get us in as far as you can? There are so many workers there that I think we will be able to disguise ourselves and get in without notice." Graitore disliked the plan, he knew his talents would have been better used charging in and ripping the guards down from their watchtowers, but this idea could be faster and time was of the essence.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff (1d20+2)[5]

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ettin in the Playground

"I don't know if it'll work with whatever hypnosis they're under, but let me do the talking," Zadkiel advised. There was no time for real disguises, and he wondered if the thralls might just recognize those "not their own" instantly, but he had to admit he didn't have any better ideas.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Troll in the Playground

Oathbreaker agrees that their best option was to get as close to the source of this "music" as quickly as possible, as it was likely also the source of these citizens attempting to protect the chain.
    He moves along as quietly and out of sight as he can, following the group as they move into position.

Spoiler: Stealth
    Show

(1d20+12)[21]

23. - Top - End - #503

Osorkon moves up to the edge and pulled out his knife. ”Watch your balance over there.” Osorkon could feel the blood drain from his arm as he cast again and again.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Teleport everyone. 8 nonlethal damage.
    Show
    Pending

Show

24. - Top - End - #504
    Titan in the Playground

Osorkon's magic ripped you through the planes briefly, depsoiting you a few dozen feet further into the battlements. Unfortunately, you stick out like a sore thumb and Graitore's particularly over the top mindless walk draws far too much attention. A guard on the tower blows a whistle that carries over the wind and rain, pointing in your direction. The other guards come to attention, leveling crossbows in your direction. Behind the guards, on each tower, a flurry of wings and screeching pierces the storm as a bird with the head of a woman comes to perch, staring you down intently.

Spoiler: Roll Intiative!
    Show
    Anyone who beats a 20 may act immediately; no surprise round for anyone. The bird-woman can be ID'd with a K: Arcana.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ettin in the Playground

"Cover!" Zadkiel growled as soon as he knew when the game was up. He loosed two quick shots at the bird-woman on the nearest tower as he ran to the base of that tower, hoping to take what meager cover he could behind its pillars.

Spoiler
    Show

Standard Action: Barrage Attack at circled birb

Attack: (1d20+8)[24]
    Damage: (2d6+4)[15] + (1d6)[6] Fire

Attack: (1d20+8)[17]
    Damage: (2d6+4)[9] + (1d6)[3] Fire

Move Action: Move 30' to the right

Swift Action: Use Crane Step to take the last 5' step under the tower and hopefully with a good-sized post between him and all those crossbows.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Titan in the Playground

The Siren's unleashed a piercing shriek which throbbed through your ears but, thankfully, did no real harm besides a bit of ringing. Zadkiel's arrow tore through his target while the other sunk into the tower's Bannister instead. The creatures took to the sky, each squawking and screeching. The first one landed on a battlement and unleashed a hellish scream that rocked you bodily; you notice the toiling workers between you all slump over, their ear's streaming blood and eyes bloodshot. The two on the far side begin singing, a melodious duet that is a far cry from the piercing screech you just endured. One purposefully sang a sour note, and while Graitore felt a brief pang of fear, he easily kept his cool. The final two descend upon Oathbreaker. The first's talon connected, while the final took up a flanking position. However, it's talon caught on a shuffling worker, causing it to tumble in air without effect.

Show
    Everyone (but Zadkiel) needs to make a DC 17 Fortitude save. Failure you take 23 Sonic Damage and are Deafened for 9 rounds. Success negates the Deafness and halves the damage (11). Shout SLA.
    Cause Fear (Failed, due to excess HD)
    Inspire Courage
    Oathbreaker is attacked twice, hit once for 4 damage.
    Everyone but Zadkiel may act now!
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

27. - Top - End - #507
    Troll in the Playground

Oathbreaker grunts as the cone of discordant sound washes over him, but manages to keep his footing.
    As the sirens descend around him the warrior is already moving, ducking into a roll that takes him out of the flanked position but earning him a claw across the back for his trouble (the earlier 4 damage).
    As he comes up out of the roll, he shouts a by-now familiar phrase and attacks his target.

"Initiate Arcana: Summon Athame!"

Show

Swift: Sacrifice Featherfall to Summon Athame
    Full Round Action: 5'Step out of flank and then full attack

Short Sword:
    To-Hit: (1d20+8)[19]
    Damage: (1d6+5)[10] plus (1d6)[6] Fire

Force Athame
    To-Hit: (1d20+8)[13]
    Damage: (1d4+5)[7] Force

28. - Top - End - #508

SwashbucklerGuy

Graitore was confused why they had been spotted, he was certain he had moved just like the thralls. Someone else must have screwed it up. The point was moot though, their chance at saving time had just become a waste of time. Time was of the essence so they had to dispose of the enemy quickly. Noting that Osorkon would quickly be in an unoptimal position, Graitore quickly stepped up to one of the approaching bird women. Lets see if the food chain is still working. He shifts, letting the strength of the crocodile surge through his body. With an open maw he bites down hard at the bird woman, hoping to tear her head off.

Spoiler
    Show
    free action: rage (animal fury is activated), berserking
    move action: move up to enemy
    standard action: bite with power attack (1d20+10)[23]
    damage (2d6+14)[24]
    crits on a 30
    HP=35 (+9 temp), AC=20

29. - Top - End - #509

Osorkon cuts himself as the Sirens swoop in, casting as he backed away, knowing he’d soon become a liability if he couldn’t think of something. ”Saphenous Epistaxis Uitroeien!” He shouted as they all came close. He could feel the invisible tendrils lash out at his victims.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    2 nonlethal +1 spell point for mass control. The two Sirens near Oathbreaker and the one south of me need to make fortitude saves against blood control. DC: 17 or start taking ten bleed damage. Absorb blood will be used. Any opponent that takes bleed I’ll give 10 temp hp to someone in this order:
    Osorkon
    Oathbreaker
    Zadkiel
    Last edited by warper; 2019-10-31 at 11:32 AM.
    Show
    Pending

Show

30. - Top - End - #510
    Titan in the Playground

Oathbreaker's blade tears through the siren, her feather's burning despite the torrential rain and sending the avian to the ground dead. Graitore's jaws grabbed roughly at the creature's abdomen while Osorkon's magic gained control over the remaining untouched creature's fluids. The guards on the tower lined up their crossbows, firing a volley into your ranks. However, given the crowd of workers, wind and rain, most failed to find their targets. Only a single bolt ran through Graitore and Osorkon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Graitore takes 7 and Osorkon takes 5.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!