New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Heart soul and memory 4 A farewell to love (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    "No less healthy than feeling stifled. I'm bored here. My mind wanders during instruction, I relate to almost nobody at this school, and I am still mocked by peers for my eagerness to learn. I loathe the term 'gifted,' but clearly I comprehend things that we are taught with far greater ease than other students, and yet am expected to wait at the metaphorical finish line as other students are still rounding the first curve when I could be making a whole other lap instead. I would prefer to just receive instruction with other students who learn at the same pace as me, but alas we are in neither the right location for that, nor does our education system as it stands make such instruction easily accessible without wealth, and often dresses it up as some high society privilege because of the former.

"So instead I'm seeking to enter college early. Perhaps MIT or CalTec will actually leave me feeling challenged for a change. I'm still young and mentally pliable, why waste that limited time bored and angry?"
    Probably alot less healthy actually. I mean we can stimulate you, while keeping you among your peer group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

Athena looks unconvinced, frowning as she takes a second look at her computer, before tapping a button and shutting it. ”Hardly. No offense, but Sam is the only one who mentally seems on the same plane, and our interests differ sufficiently that I don’t have much interest in interaction with her beyond that which you facilitate. Fond though I am of you... and Emma, I simply doubt that staying here would be beneficial.

“Besides, this is the age of internet and connectivity. It’s simple to remain in contact with people over vast distances, and I would return during winter and summer breaks, while also interacting with more people that I might relate to in other ways.”
    The girl lies on her back and looks up at the ceiling, moving her fingers in front of her as though adjusting invisible shapes and tracing transparent charts. “I have potential, and I would not want to squander it sitting in classes that teach me nothing while being ostracized by all but a handful of my peers.”
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

3. - Top - End - #303

Episode 9 scene 8

So while Ophelia is guaranteed an A. You are not.

How are you going to do well in class.

Spoiler: Unopposed
    Show

Your roll of choice. (Allure would be perhaps charming someone into helping you study. Conflict taking their notes, etc)
    =d4 is a C and +1 VP with Ophelia, Getting a 6 is a B, and +2 VP, and 9 is a A, and +3 VP.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

Athena does what Athena does.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Skill (+1), Honor Student (+2), Foresight (Odd), Contingency Plan

Show

5. - Top - End - #305
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Emma does her best, deliberately answering what she knew and guessing for everything else.

There was a lot of guessing.

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    Strong Luck (+1)

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

Alice, as per usual, hadn't done much of anything to study for the test. She preferred to think tell others that she'd do better just by staying relaxed about it. So of course, that morning, while others were cramming with notes, she was peeping on the students who had gym for first period from one of her favorite hiding spots.

As too often happened, it didn't last too long - she slipped, fell, and soon had to run off before the students she'd been watching caught her. This time, though, what she slipped on was quite a lot different from usual. "Wow, these are some really detailed notes..."

And that was why, while taking the test, Alice had a bit of an ace up her sleeve to help her out.

Spoiler: OOC/Roll
    Show
    Strong Luck +1, Peeping Tom +2, Accident-Prone +2, Thaw Out +2 = +7 total.
    Thaw Out active scene 1/3.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

Sam steadily worked her way through the test. She felt a little bad knowing ahead of time the areas that it would focus on, and even a few of the harder questions, but she assuaged her guilt knowing that subtly steering the study group around to such topics would probably help some of her friends do better. It would probably be one of the last gifts she could give them...

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Skill. Strong roll 1, Honor Student 2, Connections 2 (family got access to test and was able to pass info to her)=+5.

Graceful Auto-9.

Just As Planned...hmm...yeah it's BS Alice is more than twice as likely to get an A as Athena as it currently stands (since Athena has already used Foresight twice this episode), so Athena will be the recipient.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #308

Emma you found the test difficult, but you're vaguely confident.

The rest of you are sure you aced it.

How'd ya do, gals? Ophelia remarks,

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Emma you found the test difficult, but you're vaguely confident.

The rest of you are sure you aced it.

How'd ya do, gals? Ophelia remarks,
    "Oh, I'm sure I'll be fine," Alice said confidently, stretching her arms, happy to be out of her desk seat at last. "What about you, Ophelia?"

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

"No missed questions," Athena says plainly. "And yes, what about you? I expect that time spent studying was not wasted?"

Show

11. - Top - End - #311

I think I did wonderfully! Ophelia beamed.

12. - Top - End - #312

Episode 9 Scene 9

And with that, school is out. You are free, free forever.

How do you spend the rest of the day.

Spoiler: Opposed
    Show

Skill Um... The school's not closed yet? Alternatively the library. +3 VP with Ophelia.

Conflict. Street fight! +3 Vp with Ophelia.

Luck. Well you have half off coupons for somewhere. +3 VP with Ophelia.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

”Would any of you like to accompany me to the library? I was planning to pick up a few books to read over the summer.”
    Spoiler
    Show
    Skill, Honor Student (+2)

Show

14. - Top - End - #314
    Titan in the Playground

*Earlier that week*
    Alice and her longtime friend/sometimes girlfriend Julia had been enjoying a day at the local waterpark, and as they headed back to the changing room at the end of it were horsing around with each other, as they often did. Usually that meant getting a little touchy, but sometimes nudging each other suggestively got a little stronger than intended - and in a place with perpetually wet floors, combined with Alice's sense of balance, it lead to the predictable outcome.

Alice slid to a halt across the wet floor, going under the opening of the doorway to one of the changing rooms, only to see a familiar figure within. There was Miranda, captain of the varsity cheerleaders and probably the hottest non-succubus in school, in a very compromising position with one of the other cheerleaders. Miranda, who was well known to have a boyfriend on the soccer team.

It didn't take but a moment for them to hear Alice's arrival, and Miranda softly cursed, "Sh**, not her again," before quickly grabbing something from the bench she and the other girl had been sitting on. She stepped over to Alice and held out a gift card - in front of her own chest, to make sure Alice saw it - worth a fairly generous amount. "Okay, you saw nothing, got it? Do you understand?" she whispered. To which Alice eagerly nodded, and mimed zipping her mouth shut, and Miranda handed her the card.

----------------------

"Hey Ophelia, now that class is finally out, want to celebrate with a trip to the waterpark? I've got a gift card, so it's basically free!" Alice offered cheerfully.

Show
    Strong Luck +1, Thaw Out +2, Accident-Prone +2, Peeping Tom +2 = +7 total.
    Thaw Out on scene 2/3.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

"That sounds lovely, Athena
    Ooh, and lots of the more popular fictions should be available since people are turning in books to avoid it causing problem with grade advancement. Felicity might have not even put them away yet, let's go!"
    Sam knew the librarian might not be keen on letting the books out for the summer, but she could be rather persuasive...

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Skill. Strong 1, honor student 2, connections 2, total +5. Dazzling Display.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #316
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Honestly, I'd prefer the water park," Emma said, likely surprising no one. She started digging around in her saddlebag, "In fact, I might have a couple coupons of my own we can use to stretch that money out some more..."

Show
    Strong Luck (+1), Fortune Talisman (Alice, +2), Shining Dodecahedron (+2?), +3/+5 total

17. - Top - End - #317

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    *Earlier that week*
    Alice and her longtime friend/sometimes girlfriend Julia had been enjoying a day at the local waterpark, and as they headed back to the changing room at the end of it were horsing around with each other, as they often did. Usually that meant getting a little touchy, but sometimes nudging each other suggestively got a little stronger than intended - and in a place with perpetually wet floors, combined with Alice's sense of balance, it lead to the predictable outcome.

Alice slid to a halt across the wet floor, going under the opening of the doorway to one of the changing rooms, only to see a familiar figure within. There was Miranda, captain of the varsity cheerleaders and probably the hottest non-succubus in school, in a very compromising position with one of the other cheerleaders. Miranda, who was well known to have a boyfriend on the soccer team.

It didn't take but a moment for them to hear Alice's arrival, and Miranda softly cursed, "Sh**, not her again," before quickly grabbing something from the bench she and the other girl had been sitting on. She stepped over to Alice and held out a gift card - in front of her own chest, to make sure Alice saw it - worth a fairly generous amount. "Okay, you saw nothing, got it? Do you understand?" she whispered. To which Alice eagerly nodded, and mimed zipping her mouth shut, and Miranda handed her the card.

----------------------

"Hey Ophelia, now that class is finally out, want to celebrate with a trip to the waterpark? I've got a gift card, so it's basically free!" Alice offered cheerfully.

Show
    Thaw Out on scene 2/3.
    You in a bikini, don't have to offer me twice. Ophelia let out before blushing.

Wait, that came out lewder then I intended.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

You in a bikini, don't have to offer me twice. Ophelia let out before blushing.

Wait, that came out lewder then I intended.
    Alice grinned and put her arm around Ophelia. "Oh, you know I don't mind. You could get me into a bikini in the middle of winter if you just asked," she flirted.

19. - Top - End - #319

Alice grinned and put her arm around Ophelia. "Oh, you know I don't mind. You could get me into a bikini in the middle of winter if you just asked," she flirted.
    Yes, but others might. Ophelia teased.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Titan in the Playground

"But you weren't talking to others, so no need to worry about that, right?" Alice said lightly. "You can be as lewd as you feel like with me. If we had someplace private, I'd be more than happy to let you do more than just look," she added with a wink.

21. - Top - End - #321

Ophelia does turn to Sam to see her reaction.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"I don't mind seeing her in a bikini!" Emma chirped, not entirely picking up on the subtext.
    Last edited by The TechnoGnome; 2019-09-29 at 12:25 AM.

23. - Top - End - #323

Episode 9 Scene 10.

It's at the waterpark.

Ophelia's missing however!

What do you do?

Spoiler: Opposed
    Show

Allure Ask around, someone's had to have seen her. +4 VP with Ophelia

Conflict Yell around, someone's HAD to have seen her for their own good. +4 VP with Ophelia.

Luck Literally stumble into Ophelia. +4 VP with Ophelia.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

Athena obviously asks around. The girl sticks out pretty well, someone has to have seen her, right?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Allure, -1

Show

25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

Sam, worried that one of her last days with her friends wouldn't be as fun-filled as she'd hoped, asked every other person they came across. She asked park security and wandering families and classmates she half-recognized and a couple lifeguards and even one dude who was giving her some serious creeper vibes. Surely somebody had seen Ophelia. Maybe she should've offered to transport the girl here? No, after the previous outing where she'd been distant and withdrawn, it was better to mend the rift properly rather than forcing that kind of interaction on her. She hoped Ophelia wasn't avoiding her... >.<

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Allure. Connections 2 (security guards/lifeguards), School Queen 2 (we're not the only people from our school at this park, Sam has other friends she'd invite along who look good in bathing suits), total +4. Dazzling Display.

Regardless of how things go, it's been a wild ride to watch from the outside. Congrats.

My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #326
    Titan in the Playground

Alice, wearing of course the most revealing white bikini she could get away with, wandered up and down throughout the water park, looking for Ophelia - and enjoying the view of many of the others her age in their swimsuits while she was at it, of course. One Incubus in a speedo in particular proved quite distracting as she was walking near the changing rooms, and that distraction plus the wet floors did what they always did to Alice and sent her tumbling.

Right into one of the changing rooms, to a very pleasant sight.

Show
    Thaw Out on scene 3/3.

I figure that if Alice succeeds, she's stumbled into Ophelia in the middle of changing into a new swimsuit - and how Ophelia reacts depends on whether Alice succeeds in giving her Shameless.
    If Alice fails, she has instead stumbled into one or more of her other girlfriends - Julia, Darla, and/or Guinevere, for instance - also in the middle of changing.

And yeah, wow, could hardly ask for a better shot at this final roll. Worth enough VP for Alice to still turn the episode around, opposed so there's no chance of both Alice and Sam winning (barring a tied roll of course), no skill available for Sam, luck available for Alice. That Dazzling Display is a problem, but can't have everything. All up to the dice to decide how this ends now.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Emma wasn't all too concerned with finding Ophelia, reasoning that the girl would turn up eventually and, as a sorcerer, could handle herself. So she spent her time swimming around in the wave pool, adding just a little bit of authenticity to the named 'Mermaid Lagoon'.

Show
    Strong Luck (+1), Reality Warper (+2), +3 total.

28. - Top - End - #328

Alice, wearing of course the most revealing white bikini she could get away with, wandered up and down throughout the water park, looking for Ophelia - and enjoying the view of many of the others her age in their swimsuits while she was at it, of course. One Incubus in a speedo in particular proved quite distracting as she was walking near the changing rooms, and that distraction plus the wet floors did what they always did to Alice and sent her tumbling.

Right into one of the changing rooms, to a very pleasant sight.

Show
    Thaw Out on scene 3/3.

I figure that if Alice succeeds, she's stumbled into Ophelia in the middle of changing into a new swimsuit - and how Ophelia reacts depends on whether Alice succeeds in giving her Shameless.
    If Alice fails, she has instead stumbled into one or more of her other girlfriends - Julia, Darla, and/or Guinevere, for instance - also in the middle of changing.

And yeah, wow, could hardly ask for a better shot at this final roll. Worth enough VP for Alice to still turn the episode around, opposed so there's no chance of both Alice and Sam winning (barring a tied roll of course), no skill available for Sam, luck available for Alice. That Dazzling Display is a problem, but can't have everything. All up to the dice to decide how this ends now.
    A quite pleasant site indeed. Ophelia currently half topless.

See anything you like Alice? She teases, surprisingly, she's actually not looking in your general direction.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Titan in the Playground

A quite pleasant site indeed. Ophelia currently half topless.

See anything you like Alice? She teases, surprisingly, she's actually not looking in your general direction.
    Alice grinned from ear to ear at that unexpected reaction to this situation. "Oh, you know it girl," she said with a wink, standing up. "I've been seeing things I like when I'm around you all year - but a clearer view is delicious icing on the cake," she flirted.

30. - Top - End - #330

Alice grinned from ear to ear at that unexpected reaction to this situation. "Oh, you know it girl," she said with a wink, standing up. "I've been seeing things I like when I'm around you all year - but a clearer view is delicious icing on the cake," she flirted.
    Ophelia giggled turning to you.

I decided, I should be more like you, have more confidence in my appearance She says as she helps you up. I'm gorgeous, there's nothing to hide.