Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Pokémon Mystery Dungeon IC

It's pleasant.

Like you're awakening from the best sleep you ever had, and are only drifting on the verge of waking.

Like you could turn back over and continue your dreams for a few minutes longer.

It's light out, you can feel the sun's warmth on your skin. A gentle breeze keeps you cool. You can hear it rustling through the leaves all around you.

Every time the winds pauses, you can make out the gurgling of some small body of water. The air is filled by bird song, and you can just barely make out the scent of fresh morning dew.

You don't recall going to sleep out in the open.

That thought is like a bucket of ice water dumped over your dreary head. You arise with a start, suddenly realizing that you are far from where you should be. Where should you be? You can't seem to recall. You do know that you aren't a pokémon, but looking over yourself now you find even that doesn't seem to be right anymore.

Calm down. There's no use panicking.

"This is for your own good." Says a voice, like that of a child's. It's not real though, just... a memory? Or a fragment of one at the very least.

You suddenly realize your not alone in this forest glen. There are several other pokémon waking up around you, all seeming just as surprised as you are.

What do you do?
    Last edited by Eonn; 2018-10-03 at 12:17 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon IC

Reed stretches and gets up. He lets out a loud yawn and scratches his eyes...except that he can't. He looks down at his hands. Why were his hands so small? Where'd his thumbs go? He walks up to the nearest pokemon (a blue vulpix) and asks "Where're my hands?" It sounded more like a loud roar. If he was fully awake he would have realized that they probably had no idea but in his sleepiness he didn't understand much.
    Omnissiah grant me the strength to change what I can,
    the patience to accept what I cannot,
    and CHAINFISTS FOR HANDS. Amen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timble View Post
    when an imperial knight says it wants to stick you in a large arena in which to fight to the death, you can't exactly say no.
    My 40k Discord Server: Join Today!
    Magic the Gathering (In the Playground)
    Games that I am in

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

"Mrph... Five more minutes..." Ed's hooves slowly move through the air through some half dreaming half awake state. A child... Wait a child...? Ed didn't remember taking any kids on the last trip... And... Why wasn't he in a tent? With a groan Ed rolls over and looks around confusedly.

"This ain't the mountains..."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Angela groans as she opens her eyes, muttering, "What fresh hell is this..." She looks down at her stubby hands and body, and leaps to her feet, shouting, "What!? NO!"

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Derek yawns, the rays of the sun creating a comfortable warmth as he vaguely stirs from his sleep. It feels as if a warm blanket is wrapped around him, and the pleasant scent of morning dew tries to lull him back to sleep, aided by the soft melody of birdsong underscored by the gentle burbling of water. He lets out another yawn, curling his tails around him as he tries to fall back asleep, hoping for just a few more min-

'Wait... tails?'

His thoughts seem to pause for a moment, as he registers that he... shouldn't have tails. Cracking his eyes open, he registers that yes, there are several fluffy white tails attached to him, seeming to shift to an icy blue hue as they flicker through the shadows briefly. As he tries to consider this, a loud, almost roaring voice cries out seemingly right next to his ear, something about hands. Yelping at the volume, he jumps to his feet, stumbling for a moment before he gets his paws under him and his tails splay out behind him to steady him. As they do, his gaze turns back towards them, and he tests himself for a moment, twitching the tails individually and as a group, experimenting with the motion. 'Huh... that feels strange. Not bad, but strange. One, two, three, four, five,' he counts to himself mentally, registering his form. 'A Vulpix... huh. Why am I a Vulpix?

Finally, he turns back towards the person that yelled at him. Or... not a person, anyway. A Tyrunt. At least it makes sense why he'd be asking about his hands. Hearing other voices around, he sees the others there. 'A Mudbray, a Ralts, and a Zorua, huh? I wonder if any of them know what's going on...' As the Ralts shouts, seeming to register its own situation, he frowns. 'No... likely not.' His attention fixes back on the Tyrunt in front of him and says, "Your hands are at the end of your arms..." He reaches out a paw and pads at one of the Tyrunt's claws briefly. "You didn't need to yell at me for this. I get it, though... I mean, I have tails. They're nice... but I'm pretty sure I did not having tails when I went to sleep last night."
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Spoiler: Currently Running
    Show
    None ATM

Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    None ATM

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

As she slowly wakens, Adiah watches the scene unfold as the others marvel over their new forms, then takes note of her own form. She looks down at her hand ... or more accurately her paw, turning it over, then looks at the rest of her furry body. Slowly a thought comes to her, and she blushes bright red and dashes behind a small shrub, partly blocking her body out of sight of the rest of the group.

'Ahem, excuse me, ladies and gentlemen. Would one of you fine .... people? Pokemon? Not too sure on that one right now ... Would one of you happen to have any clothes on you at the moment? I seem to have found myself rather naked at the moment.'
    She gives a high-pitched and strained giggle as she processes both her confusion and embarrassment. She was trying and failing to cover herself with her long and fluffy tail.
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

The Tyrunt blushes as the other pokemon mentions being naked. Luckily the scales block the blush from being seen. He sits down and wraps himself with his tail.
    when an imperial knight says it wants to stick you in a large arena in which to fight to the death, you can't exactly say no.
    Games that I am in

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Pokemon... Talking... The mental fog of sleep was beginning to clear itself from Ed's mind and he finally takes stock of himself. "Ah'm pretty sure ah didn't have hooves when I went to sleep last night either." Ed sits on his haunches and unsteadily holds out his fore hooves to look over. "Actually... Where did ah go to bed last night? Sure weren't here but ah can't quite remember."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Angela squints at the talking Mudbray, then tries to think back herself and swears, "Dammit! You're right. I can barely remember anything. Just that...I wasn't here when I went to sleep...I can barely even remember what I looked like as a human."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Derek blinks as the Zorua darts behind a bush, before thinking of its comment. He looks at himself again, thinking about it and blushing somewhat as he does so, before saying, "Erm... I don't think that we have to worry about clothes. Do we?" Pausing, he mutters to himself, "Do Pokemon wear clothes?" As the Ralts and the Mudbray comment on their situation, though, Derek takes a moment to think. Alright... I went to bed last night... where was it? Where was I? He frowns, closing his eyes as he tries to search his memory, a deep chill running through his mind as he attempts to focus. Finally, with a wince, he opens his eyes and says, "Gh... I can't remember much myself. And when I try... have you ever had brain freeze? Because it's like the worst brain freeze I've ever felt."

With a shake of his head, he says, "Maybe we should look around and see if we can figure out what happened, though. I don't think sitting around here will do the trick." As he looks at the other Pokemon in the clearing, and towards the bush where the Zorua is hiding, he stops, as if realizing something. "I also just realized... I don't know who any of you are. I'm Derek, by the way."
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm Reed. Brain Freeze is that thing you get when eating that white cream stuff right? Everythings all Foggy
    Games that I am in

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Angela nods and replies to Derek, "Sort of...It's just all white noise for me. I'm Angela, by the way. It's nice to know that...Well, apparently no one here is supposed to be a pokemon."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

"Ah'm Ed, pleased to meetcha." Ed waves a hoof at the others before looking himself over again. "Ain't got no clothes but... Hmm... Lets see about something." If they were all pokemon did that mean... The mudbray's eyes half lid as he concentrates on trying to do something, anything pokemon related.

Spoiler
    Show
    I suppose trying to use groundshaper to make mud?

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

It's not easy, not like riding a bike or holding a pen when you can just do it. Or maybe a more apt description would be saying it was like both of those, while you were just learning to do either. It's difficult, finding your balance, and there are no training wheels or a parent's steadying hand. Still, you are able to find something primal within you and force it forth.

The ground under your feet begins to give as it, and all the earth within a short distance, becomes thick and muddy. You are left panting, surprised by how much you just exerted yourself without even doing anything physical.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Seeing the ground turn to mud, the Zorua dashes away so that she is just outside the range of the muddy ground, lifting up her little paws to make sure they were still clean.

She looks at him a little stuffily. 'Ah, that was a lovely little demonstration there Edward, but a little warning in advanced would be appreciated next time.' Her demeanour softens. 'My name is Adiah. I'm sure I had a second name, but what that is escapes me at the moment, so Adiah will do. Pleased to meet you all.'

She looks around the forest. 'Do any of you dears know where we may be? I shall admit, I don't think I was one for "roughing it" in the wilderness so I have no idea where we are."
    "The advantage of fighting your clone is you know EXACTLY what will make him feel guilty. That's also how Catholicism beats up so many ninjas." - Christopher Hastings, Dr McNinja

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Angela also hops away from the mud, thankful in brief for a still-humanoid form, then turns and replies to Adiah, "I...No. I have no idea where we are, or what we're supposed to do...Just that this is...'For our own good'? What's that even supposed to mean?"

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Ed puffs as he looks around at what he'd done. "Well... Ah guess we certainly are pokemon." When he regains his breathing Ed takes another look at the mud then flops in it. Why did playing in mud make him so happy? Instincts? Well either way... "Ya know if your still concerned about clothes muds a decent stand in. It's nature's sunscreen."

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

She glares at Ed's suggestion of fouling up her coat with any of that icky mud.

'While I appreciate the offer and your consideration Edward, if you so much as try that, I shall ...' she trailed off as she looked over her own body, gazing at her paws. 'I shall tackle you? Tackle, yes, I think that's right?' She circled round, chasing her tail. 'Fluffy coat, bushy tail, four legs ... am I an Eevee? I thought they were supposed to be a lovely russet brown, but I seem to be more towards a slate grey colour?'

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Derek watches as Ed makes a muddy area, blinking at the implications. While the Mudbray begins flopping in the mud, he thinks to himself, 'If we're Pokemon, then that means we get the powers that come with our forms. I'm a Vulpix... but Vulpix is normally red, and all about fire. I'm white... I know I remember something about a white Vulpix, though. A-something... Arctic? Albino? No, but that's close... Al... Alola. That's it, it's the Vulpix type from Alola. Huh... was I from there? I don't remember. Still...' He finds himself distracted as Adiah speaks up, questioning her own form, and he replies, "No, you're not an Eevee, or anything from that family... I'm pretty sure you're a Zorua."

Turning his thoughts back to his own form, and what it could mean, Derek focuses for a moment, waving his tails around and just trying to think cold. Let's see if this actually works...

Spoiler
    Show
    Attempting to use Freezer to do something, though Derek isn't sure exactly what he's trying to accomplish.
    Last edited by BluesEclipse; 2018-10-09 at 10:00 PM.
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

After a moment of concentration, mist begins to swirl around your feet as the temperature plummets in your vicinity. It's nothing extreme, only to the point that the pokémon around you might find the sudden chill refreshing. Just as you think you can control this new power, you grip on it slips. What was a pleasant chill becomes a fast freeze, and by the time you are able to turn it off the damage was done. The flowers near you have wilted from the force of the sudden winter, and the mud Ed had been wallowing in was now stiff and crusted over in delicate ice crystal formations. Even you're left with chills, though your not sure if it is from the cold or the sudden exertion. It fades once you have a moment to catch your breath, though.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Seeing the other pokemon do elemental stuff he tries to do something of his own. He can't feel any elemental connections like fire or air but he can feel something more...primal. He stomps his feet to it and hopes something happens.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Trying to dragon Dance.
    Games that I am in

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

You proceed to stomp around and make a lot of noise. You kick up some dust as you go, and cause some kind of energy to arc around you. Besides that, there isn't as viable an effect as Ed and Derek managed to accomplish. You're not really sure you accomplished much, but you feel better. It feels similar to a runner's high, where your heart is pounding in your chest, yet you feel like you can go for mile more.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Angela sighs as she watches the others try out their powers, then grins as the thought occurs to her, "I wonder...Fabulous cosmic powers? Maybe? Anyone?" She focuses, raises her hands to either side of her horn and focuses, trying to make something, anything, happen.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

With the potential for collateral damage nearly realized already, you point yourself in a safe direction before attempting anything. You choose a large boulder as your target and focus. The others have done some cool things on their first try, maybe you could upstage them? You focus hard, trying to call forth any new power you might have.

Slowly but surely, a few pebbles surrounding the rock begin to raise into the air, surrounded in a light pink aura. You find you can move them, albeit slowly, through the air. Before you have much time to experiment, the rocks drop back to the forest floor as gravity once again takes hold. You're left sucking air. It would seem you were so focused on moving the stones that you didn't realize you were holding your breath. Besides a mild headache, you soon recover from the trial.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

The former humans who wished to do so tried out their new bodies, to varying degrees of success. Things began to settle down as the group was left to their own thoughts. Despite being able to tap into their powers, they were no closer to finding out what had happened to them or why.

It was during this moment of introspection did the group begin to notice putrid, cloying stench that had began to waft into the clearing. It was easy to brush of at first, but the odor rapidly grew in magnitude. Just before it seemed to become unbearable, some undergrowth rustled from one side of the glen as a trio of purple rodent pokémon darted forth from the brush.

The first two sprint past your group as fast as they are able. The third, who had made the mistake of looking behind him as he ran, collided with Adiah. The little pokémon is quick to shake it off, only squeaking "Run! Run away!" before following his peers back into the maze of trees at the far side of the clearing.
    Last edited by Eonn; 2018-10-14 at 10:45 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Feeling uncomfortable at watching the others play about with their power, not even thinking about using her own since that would mean admitting she was a pokemon right now and not the person she was supposed to be, she just stayed silent until a little purple thing slammed into her, causing her head to spin. She only just made out what bumped into her, and even her limited knowledge of pokemon meant she knew what it was.

"Eww eww eww! Rats!"

She was torn between fleeing from whatever scared of the Rattata but that would mean going near those dirty rodents. And he didn't even say sorry! Wait a minute... I understood what he said .... Did that mean they could talk to pokemon? Did pokemon all speak the same language? Or was he maybe a human turned into one like they were.

She pointed after them. "Umm,do we follow them?" she asked, not fully comfortable deciding that on her own right now. She'd much rather follow someone else's orders till she could figure things out.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Angela winces as the ratatas run out of the trees, and then coughs as the scent becomes too cloying to bear. She nods and says, "Y-Yeah. We should leave. Whatever is making that smell can't be good."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't know about the rest of you but I feel like seeing what our new bodies can do. I don't think it's a coincidence that as soon as we wake up, something happens. Reed shifts his posture and tries to get balanced as he faces the spot where the Ratattas came from.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Are readied actions a thing in PTU? If so i'm going to use stomp as soon as something hostile comes out.
    Games that I am in

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

"It's probably not a bad idea to at least see what they're so scared of," Derek comments, his curiosity getting the better of him. Still, he shifts back a bit, behind Reed, just in case. "We may still want to make a run for it, depending on what it is, though."
    Zio Avatar by acelegna

Show
    None ATM

Show
    None ATM

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Ed looks up from the mud puddle as several pokemon burst through the clearing then spends a moment glancing between where they entered and where they exited. "Can't say I'm to eager to find out what they're running from but... Least come over to the far side of this mud. It might slow down whatever is coming if we need to book it."