New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Default Starwars Galactic Hope

Nanth'ri a mid rim world population of about 750 million mostly humans. It's location places it on a trade route but it sees little in the way of imperial traffic making it an ideal location for all sorts of shady deals.
    After a lengthy travel through hyperspace on a rundown transport. You find yourself at the port of call on Nanth'ri (Q-12).
    Nearby are several businesses and a shady looking tavern. both hungry and tired you decide the tavern is the place to go.
    After finding a seat you soon find yourselves enjoying the entertainment and having a decent meal. oddly enough there are no other customers.
    On the wall near the bartender is a holo-board where normally listings for various jobs would hang. there is but one currently there.

On looking over the job that is available, A semi disreputable looking character greets you, So I see someone has finally decided to come pay my board a visit its been a while since I offered this job but it is one that still needs done and you lot look like the type that just might be able to do it. The job is that I need you to pickup deliver & unload precious cargo, if you are interested I will let my buyer know that you will go retrieve the cargo and that it should be delivered within 1 standard month or sooner. Reward Each 2,000 credits
    Last edited by samduke; 2018-08-14 at 05:21 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Starwars Galactic Hope

"Several questions; what is it, where is it going and who's the buyer?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

all are reasonable and I am willing to give the answers that I have.
    as for what: that is something the buyer will have to disclose if they decide to.
    as for where: I can say that you would have to travel a week maybe, skirt Nar-Shaddaa space to the planet Barab 1 Grid U12 pickup the cargo and then deliver to Nantama Grid L17
    who's the buyer: if they wish it known they will tell you.

So do we have a deal?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"For that kind of discretion, you need to up your pay. If you can't tell us what it is, then you better better be damn sure about what the dimensions and mass are so we can at least be sure it'll even fit in the cargo hold." Xana says, eying Durbast with a sour look. They need the money, yes, but this sounds like a good way for everyone to get their heads blown off.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

The slight chirp of a vocabulator kicks in as the small creature types away at the input of the personal droid. "Gentlemen, let's not make this more difficult than it needs to be. The only thing I would like to add would be for fuel to be paid for." and looks over to the others, "Work is work, this should be as good as any other for transporting."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

"I concur." says the DX4 unit beside Piznip. "8,000 standard credits and fuel for approximately one week's work seems reasonable."
    Are any of my tables still broken?
    Visit Beautiful Gatazka Today!
    Fluff | Crunch

I'm hardly an expert, but feel free to PM me if you ever need anything; build advice, homebrew advice,
    elaboration of a post I made, elaboration of my homebrew, my Social Security number, or just a friendly ear.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

The man coughs and splutters at the mention of 8,000 credits plus fuel.

Why my good fellows the mention of 1 week was my estimate of how long it might take you to reach the pickup point not the entire journey. What the cargo may be is not of your concern, your concern is pickup and delivery only. I can say this for certain the cargo is not to be tampered with in anyway and must be delivered intact and unspoiled. as for if it will fit I would imagine that the whole of the goods would take up less than half of what your freighter could haul.

the most my employer has extended for me to offer on this job is 2500 each without fuel included
    Last edited by samduke; 2018-08-16 at 04:54 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8

NinjaGuy

Xana thinks quickly, trying to remember the rumors she's heard about the pick-up planet and the destination and possibly how far apart they are.

Spoiler: Knowledge (Galactic Lore) Check
    Show
    (1d20+4)[8]
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

with the combined knowledge and rumors of Barab 1 and Nantama - you realize tha total trip might take the whole 35 days alloted with no errors and limited time at barab for pickup and hoping for no empire hickups along the way.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

"Hmph. If my reckoning is correct then its gonna take just over 30 days to get there, and that's not taking into account stopping to refuel, loading the cargo or outrunning any entanglements. We're gonna need at least 45 days."

Spoiler: Persuasion
    Show

(1d20+10)[28]
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11

NinjaGuy

Xana watches the man as Durbast mentions the time involved, doing a few quick mental calculations. With that much transit time, there's going to be a significant amount of fuel used. Piznip is right, they really do need to get fuel allowance out of this. She waits to see if the man continues to be obstinate, or if Durbast might have more negotiating leverage now. If he concedes to giving them more time, Durbast might have some luck negotiating for fuel. A cargo this sketchy really should be paying more, mostly for the risk, but if it's something the others really want to do, she'll do her best to help them out.
    Last edited by Nova_Eclipse; 2018-08-22 at 09:56 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

(npc Persuasion check - failed ) So you asking for more time on what the boss man deemed a fairly high paying run...(npc use computer - pass) your request for 45 days is granted but not an hour longer.

13. - Top - End - #13

NinjaGuy

Xana sighs and looks to Piznip.

"Sounds like this is the best we're going to do. 10,000 credits for a delivery in 45 days." She looks back to the man. "I don't suppose your boss is willing to put down cash up front for this delivery, is he? Half now, half on safe delivery?"

Spoiler: Persuasion Check
    Show
    (1d20+4)[7]

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

"I must again stress my companions' point." says 22R, tilting his head inquisitively as he speaks. "We are a very talented crew and we have agreed not to ask many questions about the nature of your business. At the risk of sounding crass, I'm afraid that you may just need our skills more than we need to take on your risk."

Spoiler: Rolls & Info
    Show
    A Persuasion attempt of my own? Why not?

Persuasion:
    (1d20+9)[12]
    Fluff | Crunch

I'm hardly an expert, but feel free to PM me if you ever need anything; build advice, homebrew advice,
    elaboration of a post I made, elaboration of my homebrew, my Social Security number, or just a friendly ear.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Give me a moment, He wanders away types on his personal communication device. after a minute or so, he comes back, well the boss man is none to happy about that request but I have been given permission to barter that somewhat. Persuasion Check (1d20+5)[6] ... Agreed payment 1/2 now and 1/2 when the job is done.. he plugs a silver credstick into the device, punches it a few times and then hands over the credstick. there you are payment, and with that your 45days starts now.
    Last edited by samduke; 2018-08-25 at 02:30 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16

NinjaGuy

"One more thing, then. Who're the contacts we need to look up at Barab and Nantama? Not the buyer, of course, but the agents who will have the cargo and will receive it at Nantama?" Xana asks, nabbing the credstick, then handing it off to Durbast.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Your contact is Alfred He will meet you at the space port and arrange transportation to the area where the cargo is

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

"I find this agreeable." says 22R. "We should ready the ship at once of we are to meet our deadlines." he says to his companions.
    Fluff | Crunch

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

"Sounds like a plan, we have a job to do." and downs the rest of his drinks before hopping down from the chair, striding with confidence to leave.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

it is a short 10 minute walk to the hanger that houses your ship, while not a ship of the line she has gotten the job done in the past.
    Spoiler: checklist
    Show

NaviComputer Update: roll Use Computer Base DC 10
    Fueling, Consumables and Port fees: -180, -200, -100 deduct amount (480cr)
    Take Off Atmosphereic flight: roll Pilot surface to orbit 1-5 min Base DC 10
    Space flight to hyperspace jump point: roll Pilot orbit to safe hyperspace jump 1 min Base DC 10
    Hyperspace Jump: roll Astrogation use navicomputer +5
    Astrogation data
    less than 1 day DC 10
    1 day to 5 days(1 standard week) DC 15
    Last edited by samduke; 2018-08-28 at 11:10 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

DX4-22R easily finds his way to the navigation equipment and begins planning a course for Barab 1.

Show
    Use Computer 1: to update the navicomputer.
    (1d20+11)[25]

Use Computer 2: to jump to hyperspace when the pilot gives the go ahead.
    (1d20+16)[28] including the +5 from the navicomputer.
    Last edited by Lyndworm; 2018-08-29 at 10:06 AM.
    Fluff | Crunch

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Durbast climbs nto the cockpit and goes over his pre-flight checklist, slowly warming up the engines and pre-emptively getting permission to leave from flight control.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Pilot
    (1d20+11)[23]

Mechanics (count as assist if Piznip rolls)
    (1d20+15)[24]
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23

NinjaGuy

Xana follows the others onto the ship, and finds a secure place to strap in near the engines. She's not much of a pilot; most of her training centered around other pursuits, but she can at least help with the engineering tasks as they come up.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

"Let's get there as soon as possible. If we can do this beyond their expectations it will probably lead to more jobs coming our way.", he then takes a seat, strapping in. He still gets excited to fly.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

"You got it." Says 22R, sending his flight plan to Piznip for confirmation. "At your word."

Show
    Use Computer 1: Nanth'ri (Q12) to Jilrua (R12)
    (1d20+16)[31] including the +5 from the navicomputer.

Use Computer 2: Jilrua (R12) to Circumtore (S12)
    (1d20+16)[22] including the +5 from the navicomputer.

Use Computer 3: Circumtore (S12) to Riileb (T12)
    (1d20+16)[33] including the +5 from the navicomputer.

Use Computer 4: Riileb (T12)to Barab (U12)
    (1d20+16)[20] including the +5 from the navicomputer.
    Fluff | Crunch

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

As you engage the hyper-drive engines, the computer takes over the drone of the engine humming along at each sub-sector disengages then reengages a moment later until finally the indicator klaxon starts screaming as the engines disengage for the last time. off in the distance the planet Barab 1 some 120,000 km away. the hyperspace transceiver starts chattering away...
    Barab control to unidentified transport come in, State your destination and cargo... then repeats every 30 second until answered, and also brodcasts Barab control to unidentified fighter craft come in, State your destination...

(roll use computer all)
    Last edited by samduke; 2018-09-05 at 03:54 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Raising an eyebrow, "Unidentified fighter.... Hope we don't have to do anything stupid just yet, we haven't even started to look for trouble."

Spoiler: Use Comp
    Show
    (1d20+11)[25]

28. - Top - End - #28

NinjaGuy

Xana makes her way to an engineering station near the shield generator. It's too bad this crate doesn't have guns; she's getting the feeling that they might be needing them soon. Better figure out what's going on.

Spoiler: Use Computer
    Show
    (1d20+4)[23]

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

"I'm not sure how they could mistake this heap for a fighter." says 22R as he rapidly types something into his terminal. "No offense."

Show
    Use Computer:
    (1d20+11)[15]
    Last edited by Lyndworm; 2018-09-05 at 09:42 PM.
    Fluff | Crunch

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Spoiler: gmroll
    Show

(1d100)[53]
    (1d20)[20]

Piznip, you run a quick scan of the area besides your ship, Some 50,000 km behind you is in fact a small craft ...A detailed scan indicates it is not an empire or rebellion craft, but someone is definitely there behind in what the computer is calling a Strikefighter
    Xana can engage shields if desired
    Last edited by samduke; 2018-09-06 at 04:06 PM.