New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Question Question about the Resident Evil bestiary.

So, I'm digging quite a lot the Resident evil Bestiary by Zeta Kai.

There is one thing I find slightly confusing however. and that is the various ability score and bonuses.

Take the Armadura, for example: some things don't add up if you look at the Plagas Template.

It is listed as having a will bonus of +3, while the template gives a will +10 by itself.

Secondly, it is listed as having 42hp thanks to a 15hp bonus, courtesy of a CON score of 14 and Toughness. However, it has applied a template that gives a +2 to CON. Therefore, I made a creature hide mimicking the CON bonus and actually gave it a base ability score of 12. This, however, decreased the HP bonus to 12.

Any opinion on how to understand it?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: Question about the Resident Evil bestiary.

I mean, if you consider the creature creation to be from a dead body, and the template "animates" the body, then dead bodies (being objects) have WIS 0 and the template makes that WIS 10

If the base human has a CON of 11, and put the 4th HD ability increase into CON (total: 12), and THEN applied the template, jacking it up to 14, then it'd be a correct amount of bonus HP.
    Spoiler: List of Things You Don't Need To Know
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    killing and eating a bag of rats is probably kosher.
    Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Question about the Resident Evil bestiary.

Wow, that's an amazing piece of work.