New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Home 24: A house in this market?

[Spako's Tower]

Sylvess cranes his neck round to peeeer closely at Spako. "Wait. Wait, y'got two jobs and can't grow your hoard? Having never had a proper job, Sylvess assumed having two meant you'd make lots of money!

That's how that works, right?

"I-uh, you haven't really had to worry about making time for me recently, I guess. I mean, you've been worried a-and I'm sorry about that, but, um, I can't really exactly remember what happened. I know we escaped Riverside, but then there's just several days of...blank."

[Nora's Suite]

"Well, no harm done I guess. Some warning might have been nice, but-" Gustav chuckles, "Sorry, it's weird seeing a half-sized tail like that." The finer points of Nora's explanation are similarly lost on Gustav, but he just about picks up enough to get it.

"So, if this happens every time-" He steps a little closer with a sly grin, "Does that mean I need to offer another round so you can get that tail filled out properly? A-and on a more serious note, I'm sorry if it's something of an inconvenience. I imagine you wouldn't have been so encouraging of our company for the night if you weren't okay with this outcome, though?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Fettina's Place]

Fettina slowly starts to warm up, and her arms slide out to wrap around Cantie. "Ugh, thank you. I'm cold all the time." She snorts and shoots a skeptical look at the songstress. "Aw. I was gonna ask for that next. I guess just the movie is okay." Tina gently, teasingly squeezes Cantie's belly.

Maybe the two just lie together and watch a couple things. Tina can make drinks... and snacks, too, if Cantie asks nice. The chrome gal would like nothing more than for them to chill and snuggle until they both fall asleep, but if Cantata decides to take her leave, Fettina will understand.
    Fettina's Place

A breath of a laugh leaves Cantata's lips as Tina jests, cuddling closely to the cursed angel as they settle in to watch a film or two. A couple drinks and snacks might be shared, and no leave is taken; it's almost as if the songstress can sense the contentment her new friend feels at the moment, and is unwilling to disturb it... though it would be a lie to say she isn't enjoying it as well. In fact, it's entirely possible the songstress is the first to fall asleep. Thankfully, she doesn't seem to snore either.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

3. - Top - End - #603
    Ogre in the Playground

Spako’s Tower

”Well I mean it’s not like Cleo pays me.”
    Spako says, not too loudly. He doesn’t actually know how Cleo’s magic works and how much she could be listening to at once.
    ”But I understand. I’m sure it must have been pretty awful if you’re suppressing it so much.”

[Aran’s Condo]

Aran leans into the arm without thinking about it. He’ll have to teach the spirit personal space, but that’s not important now.
    ”The bed can fit two but...you’re very big. It would be rather tight.” he says, for some reason smiling when he does. Perhaps he simply finds the image of the bear trying to fit into an undersized bed amusing.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #604
    Firbolg in the Playground

Working as a Stormguard Wizard is an unpaid position.
    They do pay Batu, though, so he can focus on his studies (and/or boyfriend).
    Cleo probably could get in and hear them, but almost certainly doesn't spy on the whole tower. Spako can consider his little tower to be private.

Felandria's House
    Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Ooh, yes, actually, you can help with the white gravy.

Keep it stirred until it thickens, please and thank you.

And I am sorry, Violet, I didn’t want to do anything without your sober consent.
    Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    Yeeeeeeeeeah well. Violet says moodily at Neverest. You wouldn't kill the mood would you Reginald? You'd spot someone trying to get it and wait patiently for scritches I can tell. She starts baby talking to Reginald again as she assaults him with a fresh round of scritches. Y'know, whatever. She tells Fel. Life is hard sometimes. I blame Neverest.
    Neverest shuffles over and stirs the pot of gravy.
    Well it's not steaks but it'll do.

And this does seem like a rare occasion where Violet's problems aren't all her own fault. Poor girl. Life is hard even when you're not being awful.

"That's the spirit. Maybe." You know, Violet, 'whatever' isn't the clearest thing to say.
    "You're still good, right Miss Felandria?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #605
    Orc in the Playground

Aran's Condo

Ursagridd knows what personal space is! He just... Happens to ignore Aran's. "Then I should probably sleep separately, until you have a bed that would not be so tight." Unless Aran doesn't mind it being tight, anyway.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

6. - Top - End - #606

[Spako's Tower]

"Ohh, I see. Ummm, well as a powerful mage, I'm sure you could sell your spellcasting services? Dragon blood magic was some of the most potent magic around back home, so we could sell both the knowledge and the materials back home to a select few. A-again, it's something you have to be very, uh, careful about. But i-if you're just using the spells you already know, it should be fine."

Fine. Awkward word. Sylvess probably isn't fine right now. He visibly winces at Spako's misinterpretation of his words. "I, um, does it count as suppressing it if I think I might have, uh, sort of l-lost control of my other personalities during that time? I-it's not like there's something there I just don't want to look at, it's like the last few days have just been walled off completely."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

7. - Top - End - #607
    Ogre in the Playground

[Aran’s Condo]

Aran smiles.
    ”Actually, how strong are you? You could put the guest bed next to mine. Then it would be big enough for both my skinny self and your, well, Aran runs a finger over Ursagridd’s volumous middle if space is out the window already. your not skinny at all self. Sound good?” He shakes his head.
    ”Does this kind of bond often do something to your head? I’ve been feeling kind of nauseous.”

[Spako’s Tower]

Ah, yes. This. This has come up a few times. Mostly with Lucy though Spako knows there are others. Sylvess is wonderful, but he is also clearly a little unstable. Or extremely. And if he’s being honest, if it’s not sorted out Sylvess could pose a serious danger to himself. Or he might go around cheating because he thinks it’s okay if his other personality does it. No, this has to be nipped in the- well we’re past the bud aren’t we?
    ”Sylvess, you need help.” is Spako’s calm but curt reply.

8. - Top - End - #608

[Spako's Tower]

"I-uh, um..." Sylvess fidgets awkwardly. Well, he'd said it, what did he expect to happen? "Y-you're right, Spako. I know. You're right. I don't, um, really know how though? The Riverside stuff just kind of messed everything up. I just need to get everyone back in line a-and figure out what happened and i-it's not like I have a job, so I've got plenty of time for everyone when you're not around."

9. - Top - End - #609
    Ogre in the Playground

[Spako’s Tower]

Spako turns and stares Sylvess directly in the face.
    ”Sylvie, I need you to be honest with yourself. Riverside made things worse, but you were messed up when I met you. Because you don’t need to get everyone ‘in line’ you need to acknowledge that they do not exist because they are imaginary and you made them up unless your brain is much more magical than I thought. That is your issue, not just recent trauma. If you’re serious about getting better I will fly you to GLoG and call one of their shrinks on the spot. If they can fix villains they can help you.” Spako wasn’t too worried about the personalities before. But now it’s gotten clear that Sylvess isn’t even close to being in control. So they have to go.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Orc in the Playground

Aran's Condo

"We could do it together. I don't yet know where your strengths lie, with the power I have granted you by oath, but it can be used to enhance yourself. Lift heavier things, heal faster, absorb a blow without flinching, grow claws or fangs, go without sleep, or food. That sort of thing. Hmm. I have just granted you a well of power, from my self into yours, and yours is not used to holding power. It might just be that, but... I cannot recall nausea the last time, even early on." Ursagridd is a little concerned about that, and ponders if it's the result of the little nudge he gave Aran... But that's not something he wants to admit to, at least not yet.

11. - Top - End - #611
    Ogre in the Playground

[Aran’s Condo]

”Well, maybe I just don’t like teleports then. Anyway, we’ll have to wait and see what I’m good at. In the meantime, what needs do you have? If I need to get things for you, I will. Or for myself if that’s changing.” Aran doesn’t expect anything there but he has heard of mages that eat more than a normal human to support all the extra energy.

12. - Top - End - #612
    Orc in the Playground

Aran's Condo

"We won't know what you're good at if you don't practice." Ursagridd thinks a moment. "Could be the teleportation, you've done it a lot recently. And that unicorn's teleportation is a bit... Unpleasant." The brief flashes of a post-apocalyptic world of rot, decay and death can be disturbing.

"If I wish to remain human, then I shall need to feed like a human. As a spirit, I do not truly need to eat, but I will need sleep, as this is the time bears hibernate. You... May find a larger appetite in yourself, but it won't matter if you eat no more than usual." Since the altering to resemble his patron is a slightly supernatural shift it won't matter if he changes or not.

13. - Top - End - #613
    Ogre in the Playground

[Aran’s Condo]

”And you’ll need to eat as much as someone your size? All right. I’m a decent enough cook. We’ll have to go shopping. And find you inspiration for a more modern outfit.” Aran’s not too worried about being hungrier than normal. That isn’t so bad.

14. - Top - End - #614
    Orc in the Playground

Aran's Condo

"What is wrong with my clothing?" It's fur and warm, so it should be quite practical, even now two hundred or so years after the last time he visited civilisation with his witch.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Ogre in the Playground

[Aran’s Condo]

Aran chuckles.
    ”It’s practical but out of date. It needs just a little work to look like today’s normal.” Probably not much. Not many in this part of Skyside care about fashion.

16. - Top - End - #616
    Orc in the Playground

Aran's Condo

"Then I'll get it updated. You'll have to pick the suitable clothing; I still do not understand why some clothing can only be worn by some people, and why not everyone can wear some things. I remember some very elegant-looking swathes of cloth that brushed the floor. Dresses, I think they're called?" Which might be a rather amusing mental image, Ursagridd wearing a dress.

17. - Top - End - #617
    Ogre in the Playground

[Aran’s Condo]

Aran laughs. He has tried not to be rude, but the image is too much for him.
    ”Yes, those are considered quite feminine. Your current form and I don’t have what it takes to pull off that look.” he assures the bear spirit.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Orc in the Playground

Aran's Condo

"Why? Kilts are fine, and everyone I saw today was wearing trousers, or nearly everyone. So it's not women wear dresses because they aren't allowed to wear trousers. So why can't dresses be worn by men?" Ursagridd is genuinely puzzled by this, particularly since when he's a spirit, he's female.

19. - Top - End - #619

[Spako's Tower]

Sylvess shrinks away before Spako's withering stare - the bigger dragon practically cowering before his smaller, younger companion.

He falls silent for quite a while, staring at the ground and thinking about Spako's words. It's not an easy thing to acknowledge. It's not something he particularly wants to acknowledge. And there's a bigger problem to it all, too.

A problem he acknowledges, eventually, when he does finally speak again. "I can't. I-I can't." He raises his head to look back up at Spako as he gives an awkward shrug of his wings. "I- you're right, you're absolutely right. But I can't. Not all of them. Lucy's important t-to other people, not just me. I, um, I n-need her. Not the others. But I need her."

20. - Top - End - #620
    Ogre in the Playground

[Aran's Condo]

Aran shrugs. "Not sure really. It's simply developed that way. A man would probably have to get one specially cut anyway. Different structure, no chest, that sort of thing. I can't tell you the intricacies of social dynamics. Not my field, that's for sure." Aran works with machines. They're more straightforward than people.

[Spako's Tower]

Spako waits for Sylvess. He does not look accusing, nor does he let that creep into his voice. He speaks not gently, not pushing. Just slowly.
    "And who is it that she is important to? Your roommate? Friends? How do you know that you aren't the important one? She doesn't exist without you. Would they really be upset if you told them the truth? If you reminded them?"

21. - Top - End - #621

[Spako's Tower]

"Please, Spako." Sylvess whimpers, "E-everyone else can go, I promise. I-I don't know how, but...somehow. But not her. I just can't."

22. - Top - End - #622
    Orc in the Playground

Aran's Condo

"So stick to trousers and shirts. And similar items. Maybe a kilt, if I can find one." He hopes so, he likes the way they always- or nearly always- have a pattern on them, unlike trousers.

23. - Top - End - #623
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Working as a Stormguard Wizard is an unpaid position.
    They do pay Batu, though, so he can focus on his studies (and/or boyfriend).
    Cleo probably could get in and hear them, but almost certainly doesn't spy on the whole tower. Spako can consider his little tower to be private.

Felandria's House

Neverest shuffles over and stirs the pot of gravy.
    Well it's not steaks but it'll do.

And this does seem like a rare occasion where Violet's problems aren't all her own fault. Poor girl. Life is hard even when you're not being awful.

"That's the spirit. Maybe." You know, Violet, 'whatever' isn't the clearest thing to say.
    "You're still good, right Miss Felandria?"
    Yeah, I’d have to say so.

ding

Ooh, steaks are done.

Fel pulls them out of the oven with her oven mitt and gets them on plates.

Then the biscuits cut in half to surround them, she peers at the gravy.

I think the gravy is ready as well.

Breakfast time!

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

24. - Top - End - #624
    Barbarian in the Playground

Fel's House

As tempting as it is for her to sulk for the rest of the morning Violet can't help but be perked up by the presence of food.

Oh hell yeah. She says when served, tucking in pretty much immediately. Violet it's polite to wait.

You make this every day? She asks through a mouthful of steak. Violet, come on. Swallow first.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

25. - Top - End - #625
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Ravanys' Place]

The salvo blows a messy hole in Sardus' flank, but given that he's a mostly incoherent mass of flesh at the moment that might not be as bad as it would be otherwise? He's pretty quickly putting himself back together, but getting holes blown in him really doesn't help much on that front!

But...

He's not dead.

Badly injured, but not dead.

Scale plates crisscross over him as his mass pulls itself inward, giving the foxes an heavily armored surface to contend with. It'll probably take some time before he's coherent enough to function, but if he can get the foxes to waste their time trying to chew through his armor, maybe his death will give Hannah and Ravanys time to get away?

He knows what comes next if he's destroyed here. That means waking up on the surface of the Eternal Game up in the Empyreum. He's hoping that doesn't happen.

He would miss Hannah.
    Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    [Ravanys' Place]

Ravanys smirks a bit as she sees the fox go up in flames. Glad to see something takes these things out.

She notices the drone blinking by Fox #1 in the corner. Her tattoos light up as she swings a hand towards it, sending a blast of fire at it. The drone will swerve out of the way.

The drones outside, seeing that just flying around is doing nothing, start flying into the foxes. Kamikaze drones!

Finally, the robot that Hannah was building finishes powering up and starts walking to help Sardus. It appears to be based on Hannah. But no arms or head. It can still kick pretty hard, though.
    Fox #1's evident surprise, given the particular frequently of that burning shriek, lends more credence to the possibility that it was either completely unaware of the drone's existence or just unable to comprehend its significance.
    There was no time to prepare any dodging action here, but it is reduced to a flailing abomination full of agonized wails.

And then there were three.

The three foxes surrounding Sardus are briefly contemplating whether it would be more conducive to their overall goal to persist in trying to end Sardus, or if this sort of...cocooned state is adequately disabled for dealing with the others.
    But then drones start ramming into them.
    This isn't especially dangerous to them, but it certainly draws their attention away and finally gets them to acknowledge the existence of the drones as something of vague importance.

Depending on how good they are at dodging, that robot will walk into the scene of the foxes firing more of those little energy blasts at the drones as they try to scamper away from more ramming attempts. As before, however, they aren't actually going to acknowledge the robot at all until it hits one of them.
    Presumably it has quite a bit more oomph than the drones, enough to send its chosen fox-abomination snarling a distance away!

Which means it'll get the full attention of the other two and their blasts.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

26. - Top - End - #626
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Spako's Tower]

"Please, Spako." Sylvess whimpers, "E-everyone else can go, I promise. I-I don't know how, but...somehow. But not her. I just can't."
    [Spako's Tower]

Spako sighs, deflating. He'd been extra harsh on Sylvess because of how easily he'd buckled when Spako was strict with him last, but that isn't going to work this time.
    "Well, we'll get you to talk to a professional later, okay? I'm not the one who should be making calls like that anyway; they are. Okay? We can do something more...fun in the meantime." Spako doesn't have anything in mind, he just wants to lighten the mood at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Aran's Condo

"So stick to trousers and shirts. And similar items. Maybe a kilt, if I can find one." He hopes so, he likes the way they always- or nearly always- have a pattern on them, unlike trousers.
    [Aran's Condo]

"Yes, that should be fine. So...is there anything you wanted to do first? We could sit here for a while if you'd prefer." Aran wouldn't mind that. But there's work to be done, with someone moving in so suddenly.

27. - Top - End - #627
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Ravanys' Home]

Ravanys grins as the fox-thing falls from the wall. Then she glances around, looking for anymore in the building. The two drones in here also start scanning the warehouse area, looking for any more in hiding.

The drones flying around outside don't do much to avoid the blasts. So one gets taken out easily. The other two dart around a little more after that.

And then the half-bot arrives. I does not hesitate to run to the closest fox thing and punt it as hard as possible. Not a huge difference between what it can do versus a human yet. But, its legs are steel, not flesh and bone. Probably makes a difference.

Once the first fox goes flying, the robot twists itself towards the next. It takes a blast in the torso, which eats through the "skin" and starts things sparking inside. Doesn't seem to hamper the robot much yet. It quickly aims another punt at a victim.
    Last edited by KerfuffleMach2; 2019-02-05 at 11:07 PM.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

28. - Top - End - #628
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Ravanys' Home]

As far as the drone scans go, there doesn't appear to be any other nasties lurking around in the immediate vicinity.
    No more foxes, or other weird monsters that aren't supposed to be here.

There is, unfortunately, a downside to the robot's primary form of attack.
    It isn't fire. Or something so devastating it doesn't really matter.

The second fox is punted, snarling as it flies away to the reverberating crack of shattered bones.
    However, as it lands next to the first fox, they both seem to simply be rearranging their limbs to not be so worried about those bone breaks anymore. They're starting to look more than hideously jerking blobs of fur with teeth, than freakish foxes by this point
    Little blobs that are quickly jittering back towards the robot.

The third fox has learned the lesson its companions didn't and takes to simply kiting away from it, flinging an energy blast or two when able.

This doesn't look like an immediately winning fight, but at least Sardus isn't being bothered anymore, or Ravanys and Hannah.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

29. - Top - End - #629
    Orc in the Playground

Aran's Condo

"You have magic to learn, and I have things to learn about the city. But it has been a rather busy day for you, I imagine. If you wish to rest, we may; I have no plans or intentions in the short term." And all of Aran's life for the long-term ones.

30. - Top - End - #630

[Spako's Tower]

"S-Spako, it's okay. I know you're looking out for me, a-and I appreciate it." Sylvess shuffles a little closer, his tail coiling around Spako's. "B-besides, you're right. I, uh, I let things get out of hand a-and it needs something more to fix it than just making them listen again. If you can find someone who can take a look at me and help, I'd be grateful. But, um, now? Fun? Why don't we go gem hunting? I bet I can find us a little stash to dig up in an hour!"