New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

Trying to interject a bit of humor into the situation, Karl gives a faint smile and says, "warn me next time, and I'll take a hot bath first."
    Fred's eyes go slightly wide, his brow twitching at Karl's joke, as if the man is unsure whether to apologize profusely or laugh heartily. Gabe just grins mirthfully. It strikes Karl suddenly, that perhaps his relative is somehow a little afraid of the vampire sitting before him. Finally opening his mouth, Fred offers, "Oh, of course," though it is again unclear that the mortal is unclear on how he should mean this statement.

Karl gives his little speech about being family, and offers Fred the opportunity to ask any questions he has. But before his grandson can respond, Gabe interjects with harsh words, "Don't you think you've already told him enough about who you are? Aren't you the one always talking about how important The Masquerade is?" The Ghoul rises from his chair, and pounds a fist on the table. "Don't you think he," Gabe continues, pointing a finger at Fred, "is already enough of a risk to you without giving him more information? What, are you going to Ghoul him too?" Along with rage, there is concern in the man's wide eyes and red face.

Fred looks taken aback, clearly confused by Gabe's outburst and the words that have streamed out of his mouth. He looks to Karl, clearly deferring to the vampire to settle things.

Daniel sighs, the fight draining from his face. "Very well," he says with a slow nod, "if you really think it is necessary." He gives Anna's hand a quick squeeze, before withdrawing his grasp. Daniel does his best to smile and says, "I wish things didn't have to be like this; so messy. I'm sorry we are here... but I am glad to have you back in my life." It sounds like an admission of guilt, but Anna can see the longing in Daniel's eyes. He gives Anna a sudden hug, pulling her close enough that she can feel his longing and adds, "Thank you for coming back to me."

When he separates, Daniel points back at the restaurant and says, "We should probably go back inside." But he doesn't so much as take a step, instead Daniel looks Anna straight in the eyes and with cold determination asks, "So we are agreeing not to tell Ariel about what happened last night, right?"
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

Anna let’s hwrself be enveloped by the hug, leaning into her ex, feeling his heart beat through their clothing, and parted reluctantly.

“The whole point of this dinner is so she sees me as harmless and not a threat to her,” Anna replied, “I’m really serious, I want you two to be happy. So I’m not going to say anything. You on the other hand have been known to do some stupid things in the past so I can’t speak for you.”

She grinned.

“Though maybe if we can get her to like me enough, in a few months or a year she might be open to a threesome...” Anna said, “oh would you look at the time, we better get back inside before she wonders what we’re doing out here.”

She stood up and grinned at Daniel to let him know she was only joking, then let him lead her back inside.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2019-02-18 at 08:53 AM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl's face tightens. "He's maintained the Masquerade so far, and already knows more than enough to cause that kind of problem should he choose to ignore my warnings. More insight into this world he's just been introduced to will only help him avoid the pitfalls. In some ways more to the point, Fred is the last of my kin, I am not going to just leave him in the dark."

"And no, I have no intention of doing that to him. Does he look like he is dying of stage four lung cancer, as you were when we met? You know the price with which your life was bought. Such things are to be considered as a last resort, if ever."

Turning back to Fred, Karl says, "I'm sorry, he gets protective, its a part of the bond we share."
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

She grinned.

“Though maybe if we can get her to like me enough, in a few months or a year she might be open to a threesome...” Anna said, “oh would you look at the time, we better get back inside before she wonders what we’re doing out here.”

She stood up and grinned at Daniel to let him know she was only joking, then let him lead her back inside.
    Daniel's eyes go wide, and his mouth opens as his tongue flounders trying to find a response. By the time words start form themselves though, Anna has already turned and reentered the restaurant.

Daniel chases Anna back into the room. Ariel is sitting at the table typing furiously on her phone, but the moment she sees the two approaching, the phone is stashed into her purse. "Is everything okay?", she asks with concern that is just boarding on anxious accusation.

Daniel runs his hands through his hair and quickly says, "Yea, it's fine. I was just a... a little concerned by Anna's generosity. We talked. I think if you can take the time off though Ariel, we should take it." She looks from Daniel to Anna, with shock and perhaps a bit of anger playing on her face. Her eyes narrow as the settle on Anna, as if to say, 'go ahead and explain yourself'.

Karl's words seem to do little to satisfy the Ghoul, though he shows enough self control to lash out again. Instead, Gabe drops back into his chair and folds his arms over his chest. He scowls at Karl, grinding his teeth ever so slightly. His fingers are just a little shaky, and Karl can tell the man is jonesing for a cigarette.

Turning back to Fred, Karl says, "I'm sorry, he gets protective, its a part of the bond we share."
    Fredrick looks back and forth between Karl and Gabe, his face screwed up with concern and confusion. "I apologize," he says hesitantly, "but I don't think I followed any of that." He says this to Karl, though Gabe scoffs at the statement. The ghoul turns his attention to Karl as well, as if daring the vampire to explain more to the mortal he saw as a security risk. Fred simply sits in his chair, his hands wringing together slightly in his lap, waiting for an explanation.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #335
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

"Look, maybe it was a bit sudden," Anna said as she sat down, "sooo, sorry about that. But I really do just want you two to be happy. You don't have to go if you don't want to, I just thought 'what could I do that would make them the happiest'... and then... how could anyone not be happy on a first class all expense paid cruise together?"

Anna paused.

"I'm really messing this up, aren't I," she said, "I'm sorry. You know Daniel told me how wonderful and smart and funny and giving you are and I just really wanted to be friends."
    She let her shoulders slump slightly.

"If you really don't want to go it's okay. I guess.. I guess I could find two others who would want to. Maybe," she said as pathetically as she could.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2019-02-19 at 11:13 AM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl kneads his temples, "Gabriel, I am not going to shut the door on him, especially not now. If you want to minimize the danger, help teach him discretion. Otherwise you can cut the crap."

When Fred asks, Karl hesitates, "This is perhaps one of the uglier things in its implications, I hadn't hoped to start with this. Gabriel here is what we call a ghoul. Meaning that while he is still human, he occasionally ingests a bit of vitae, the stuff flowing through a kindred's veins."

"There are several reasons why this might be desirable. Enhanced speed and strength, the ability to borrow some of the abilities of the kindred providing the vitae, etc. But the big one for many is the healing factor. Gabriel here had terminal lung cancer when I met him. It was stage four, inoperable, and the best doctors could offer was charging a fortune to extend his life by a few miserable months. Technically speaking, he still has that cancer, but a little bit of my vitae each month suppresses it to the point that you'd never think he was sick. I needed a partner, someone who could handle affairs for this business in the light of day. He is a damn good detective, and oddly enough wanted to live."

Karl hesitates again before continuing. "I am sure right now you're wondering what the catch is. Aside from it only being a temporary fix for pervasive ailments, the stuff is highly addictive. Gabriel and I have had to keep to a rigid schedule to avoid him becoming too dependent. And no, that kind of discretion is not common. Many other kindred do not hesitate to use that effect as a means of control. The other thing of course, is a matter of supply. The more I give out, the more I have to take from others. Should I try to be a good Samaritan with this effect, and offer it to more than just those close to me, people will suffer in exchange."

"Like I told Gabe, I have no intention of doing that to you. It might be something to consider if there was great need, and you were willing, but in the absence of such..."
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

7. - Top - End - #337
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Ariel raises an eye at Anna, seeming to contemplate everything said to her. But finally the girl's face seems to soften. She makes a gesture of admittance with her hands and says, "Fine. That is very nice of you. I guess I will take a look of my schedule, though you really don't have to do something so... expensive, it's unnecessary." Ariel seems to have accepted Anna's lie, though she is clearly still uncomfortable about the situation, her eyes lingering on Daniel as if trying to glean more information from his face.

Daniel cuts in quickly with, "We can talk about it more later babe." He quickly sits down, pulling his chair closer to Ariel so that he can lace his hand into hers, which she accepts. "Thank you Anna," he adds with a curt smile, "I think we could both use a vacation anyways." He gives a wink to Ariel, drawing a smile that bubbles into a giggle. Anna watches as she pulls him close and gives him a long kiss.

When they have finally separated, Ariel's face is warm with blood, and dissolved of all distrust. She smiles at Anna and says, "Now where were we? I think we should order some food."

(OOC: I made a roll for Anna, and despite her poor subterfuge stats, she got a success. This is really all I have for the scene, though if there is more Anna wants to say or accomplish, please feel free to post. Otherwise, let me know in the OOC thread and when Karl is ready, he will move onto the next Act)

Karl's words seem drown his grandson, who looks more and more overwhelmed as the Kindred continues. He nods his head reflexively, but when Karl is finally finished it looks like he is desperate to come up for air and says, "Okay, okay. Um, that was a lot to take in. That's all fine I guess. " With a sickened expression, Fred adds, "It's okay, I um... I don't want your blood." He gives Gabe an empathetic look that draws another scowl from the ghoul. "I'm sorry to hear about your cancer, although I am glad you are doing better," Fred says quickly.

Still very uncomfortable, and picking up on the obvious enmity coming from Gabriel, Fredrick stands from his chair and says to his grandfather, "I am sorry to be such a bother, and I appreciate everything you are doing for me. I don't want to take up any more of your time or resources. How soon do you think we can get me... and my husband on a plane?"
    Show

8. - Top - End - #338
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

"Oh, great, I'm so glad, honestly," Anna said, "don't worry about the expense. Just take lots of pictures and have as much fun as you can."

She spent the rest of the dinner trying to get on Ariel's good side. Of course Ariel didn't like her that much, for now. She couldn't kill her by exsanguination, not without upsetting Daniel, so she did the next best thing, kill her with smiles and kindness.
    TC for short

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Though a subtle tension lingers over the rest of the meal, Daniel, Ariel and Anna are able to complete their dinner without any significant social breakdown. Ariel at least seems none the wiser to what had happened the night prior, and Daniel becomes more relaxed as the evening goes on, though several times Anna catches a lingering glance from her ex-fiance.

Anna had accomplished what she had needed, Daniel would be safe and would stay in her life, and despite everything else going on in the Mekhet's requiem, this somehow seemed most important. Anna had also scoped out her greatest rival, a woman she would have to keep a close eye on, if Daniel was to remain Anna's.

The two mortals parted ways with Anna outside the restaurant, each offering an awkward embrace (each for different reasons) before leaving Anna alone in the foggy San Francisco night, kissed only by the wind and city lights.

End Scene
    Show

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl nods, "It is a lot to take in, I know. A little bit at a time I suppose is likely best. I could set up tickets for the next redeye flight, could probably find one leaving in a matter of hours, though I imagine it would be difficult to explain that to your partner. Would an overnight leaving tomorrow evening do? Should give you time to talk it over with him without being too much of a delay."

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The offer seems slightly unsatisfactory as Fred mulls it over, but he says, "The sooner the better, but ya, whatever you think is best. I just want... we just need to get away. It scared me, being followed and all that. I've never been in any situation like this." He shrugs and sighs, his hands instinctively searching his pockets but coming up empty. As if slightly defeated Fred adds, "I appreciate your help. Let me know when the ticket is for, then I will reach out to my husband."

He looks around the room, his mind now seeming to wander. "I guess I will be stuck here for at least a day," he says heavily. The statement seems to draw a small but immediate ire from Gabe, but the mortal continues, "Is there anything I can do to help in the meantime? I'm not sure I can stand just hiding away in here for the next 24 hours."
    Show

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl frowns, "I'm sorry that you feel trapped, I would have spared you the attentions of these people if I could. At least it should no longer be a concern shortly, one way or another."

"How soon do you think you can get your husband on board? We'll take a look at the flights available and see what works."

"As to something you can do... hmm. Any preferences? There's a good bit that needs to be done, but I don't know how much of it you're qualified for. I would suggest that you help Gabe out with wherever he can use the hands, but apparently right now he's determined to act like a child a tenth of his age."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I'm prepared to wrap this scene up by the way, if you want to do so in your next post Benno, that's fine.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Gabe rolls his eyes and casually gives Karl a friendly obscene gesture. Turning to Fred he says with extreme courtesy, "I'm not sure there's much you are qualified to help me with, unless you want to get your hands dirty investigating the MS-13 drug cartel." He raises his eyebrows as if to say, 'how about it'.

Fred shrugs and with a small chuckle says, "That's okay. Your right. Not really something I'd be much help with."

This seems to satisfy Gabe, who rises from his chair. "Okay then," he says, "then I'm going to finish up work for the evening and go home. Night." He turns and exits the room without so much as a second glance.

End Scene
    Show

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Act III Scene 1

The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.

-Che Guevara

Karl, Anna and Aisling sit in luxurious soft leather chairs in Nicholas D'Agostino's home office. Across the large wooden table sits the Invictus Primogen, his childe Tony standing at his left shoulder, and the massive Frank Beato at his right. A coy smile rests on Nicholas' lips, as he passes a small manila dossier across the table. The Primogen is dressed for revolution in a black pinstripe three piece suit and an impeccable dark red silk tie, matching a red rose boutonniere. The splash of color cuts through the room's darkness, as the office seems to be filled mostly with shadow.

The room has been rearranged since the three were last guests, Nicholas having promised that all possible "bugs" have been successfully and permanently removed. Much of the furniture and decoration has been removed, likely as part of the process of sweeping for cameras.

"Again, I can only thank you three for everything you have done for me. Your accomplishments and your loyalty have proven to be immeasurable assets," Nicholas says warmly, arms out as if to embrace the coterie. Well manicured hands turn to fists and he continues, "I believe we are ready tonight. Thanks to your help, I have it that the Carthians, The Ordo Dracul, The Circle of Crone, and much of the Invictus will side with us. The Spear will likely remain loyal to Gorman no matter what, but we should have enough support for our... coup d'etat." D'Agostino widens with this word, his subtle old world accent wrapping itself around the French in a lover's embrace. "As we discussed, we will make our move tonight at the weekly Elysium at the Opera House. Lady Stardust is aware that we have matters to discuss," he continues, "and will project the video footage we have prepared. Tonight we will expose both the Sheriff's transgressions, and what they have revealed about Prince Gorman." The Primogen's dark eyes seem to shine with mirth as he says this, the smile spreading wider till it is nearly a parody of glee. "While I have done my best to maintain a degree of secrecy to my plans, make no doubt that likely Gorman and his lackeys know what we have been up to. Hopefully, they will respect the authority of Elysium." There is no fear or even concern in D'Agostino's words, instead a growing excitement as he speaks. " However, we do have a good number of soldiers already camped out around The Opera House, just in case. If all goes to plan, Prince Gorman's reign of terror will be over by the end of the night, and a more just rule shall be established."

He finishes, the gleeful smile giving way to an intelligent stare. "All I ask of you, is that you be on guard tonight. It may very well be a long one. I have little else to discuss now, unless you have any remaining questions about our plan."
    Show

15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

“Are there any who must survive? And are there any we would not miss should they unfortunately not survive the chaos?” Anna asked.
    “What will happen to the domains and territory of those who have broken the traditions?” Anna asked.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2019-03-04 at 04:35 AM.
    TC for short

16. - Top - End - #346
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Nicholas' grin turns into something hungry, perhaps even dangerous, his fangs seeming to reflexively extend around his otherwise perfect pearly whites. "Now, I certainly am not condoning any breaking of our city's Traditions, but something tells me Gorman and Shultz won't go down without a bit of a fight... though I could see a Blood Hunt being called in the near future for Gorman's committing Diablere." His eyes widen slightly, seeming to glow in the low light of the office. "I suppose this would free up a bit of territory, and we will have to be rather smart about how to divvy up their land... though don't be offended if it is used to cement necessary political ties to secure my rule," He says, his voice slowly becoming more serious and punctuated by the end of his statement.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Sir, if I may, there is still the matter of the Sheriff's data cache. If given the chance, he could cause quite a bit of damage just with the information we know he has, let alone whatever else he has squirreled away over time. It would hardly do for him to escape justice because he had just the right leverage on hand. I suggest that, whatever else happens, we take steps to ensure that he is unable to reach or communicate with his compound as soon as things begin."

"Actually, if it can be done without violating the traditions, I would prefer to destroy that compound and all possible data caches within just before you make your move."
    Last edited by Daishain; 2019-03-04 at 07:03 PM.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

This time it is the human refrigerator's chance turn to chuckle. Beato leans a hand on the back of D'Agostino's chair, and in a deep phlegmatic voice says, "Let's just say we are working on taking care of Schultz' compound. He's already tripled his security there, but it will be taken care of by the end of the night."

Nicholas cuts in, his voice slightly annoyed, "The bigger issue is that he's likely got backups somewhere." D'Agostino gives a stiff shrug. "But there's little we can do about that. The longer we wait to move, the more time we give Gorman and Schultz a chance to prepare and gather their defenses." He rests a hand on the large wooden desk, and almost absent mindedly rakes well manicured fingernails across the table, like some sort of house captured jungle cat. The noise is high pitched and grating, though Nicholas seems not to care. "If all goes to plan, we will have The Prince and his Sheriff locked away tonight... though it would be overly optimistic to believe that we can prevent any retaliation whatsoever." He looks between the three Kindred before him, his eyes seeming to ask, 'any other questions?'
    Show

19. - Top - End - #349
    Titan in the Playground

Anna nodded.

"I have no more questions," Anna said.
    TC for short

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl nods, satisfied for the moment. "Very well then sir. I hope you don't mind me saying so, but I hope that you remain safe as well. It would not end well for us should this attempt turn the other way somehow. If you require anything, please let us know."

21. - Top - End - #351
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

(OOC: Thank you for the patience you two. Unbearably long day.)

Nicholas D'Agostino smiles warmly at Karl, and offers him a firm handshake, and says, "Thank you," as he rises from his chair to see Anna, Aisling and Karl to the door. There, they are greeted by an elder Ghoul who happily escorts them through the various well manicured hallways of the D'Agostino mansion to their car waiting at the front entrance.

Aisling warmly thanks the Ghoul, calling him by first name as if she knows him well. Once everyone has piled into the car, Aisling says, "It looks like we have close to an hour before Elysium even starts." She is staring down at a ridiculous red rubber watch that was probably designed for a five year old boy. The digital watch's screen shines a neon green light across her face. "What do you think," she says excitedly, "should we go pick up our two loyal ghouls and prepare for Elysium?"

(OOC: Please specify who is driving and where we are going now, assuming we are not going back to the Haven to pick up the Ghouls)
    Show

22. - Top - End - #352
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

“Up to you if you want to bring them,” Anna said, “they are bonded to you after all.”

“I think we need a plan going in,” Anna said, “I think we should stick together, either near an exit or near d’agnostino if things get ugly. Without him everything pretty much falls apart and we’re probably as good as dead anyway. But I used we could try to make a run for it if it comes down to it.”
    TC for short

23. - Top - End - #353
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Aisling shrugs at Anna's response, "I don't think they'd be much help in a fight, but I think the Ghouls would be safer with us. What do you think Karl?"

“I think we need a plan going in,” Anna said, “I think we should stick together, either near an exit or near d’agnostino if things get ugly. Without him everything pretty much falls apart and we’re probably as good as dead anyway. But I used we could try to make a run for it if it comes down to it.”
    "Sounds like as good a plan as any," Aisling says with a nod, "It's not like we can use Disciplines to hide in the crowd at Elysium, and he's smart enough to keep himself well guarded." She flexes her fingers, open and closed like a cat testing its claws. "I don't like the idea of a direct confrontation, but if it comes down to it, I guess we will be ready," the Gangrel says with an almost excited grin.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #354
    Titan in the Playground

"Okay, let's go," Anna said, "I'll drive separately, so we don't all have to squeeze into one car."
    TC for short

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Its a tough call, the ghouls are a point of vulnerability. Gabe can handle himself for the most part, and knows to keep his head down, especially tonight. The other two... Yeah, lets go ahead and snag all three. Chances are they'll be safer with us at Elysium tonight than on their own."

Show
    We kind of glossed over it because I'd already held things up, but Karl would have gone hunting to fill Gabe with Vitae like the other ghouls in preparation. Chances are that would also have given him a chance to smooth the thing with Fred over with his partner. What would you like me to roll?

26. - Top - End - #356
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

With no stops to make, Anna is able to get to the Elysium well before Karl, who has to stop at his own haven and the coterie's haven to pick up all the Ghouls. The San Francisco Opera House is located in the "Civic Center" District, a relatively spread out part of the city with the a number of squat but ornate buildings such as the district court house, and the cursed Asian Art Museum. Anna parks several blocks away on a nearby side street off of Market, but still feels exposed given the lack of clustered tall buildings that normally provide cover.

The Opera House itself is a massive building, all alabaster stone and corinthian columns, with bright lights shining like a gold beacon that Anna can see from blocks away. The neighborhood is normally infested with homeless, many who set up makeshift tents in the large plaza between the Opera House and the Court House. However, the area is unnervingly empty and it sends a shiver up Anna's spine. The wide open area is practically deserted, and Anna can feel unseen eyes watching her, perhaps from nearby windows or peaking out from alleyways. Outside of the Opera House stand a number of figures, dressed like ushers for the Opera House, though even from blocks away, Anna can see that these are the Ghouls employed by Lady Stardust to guard Elysium. There is a larger number of them than Anna is used to seeing.

It isn't so early that Elysium is not yet open, but early enough that its unlikely that many Kindred have arrived.

************************************************** ****************************

It was a rather circuitous route picking up Bernardo and Gabrielle, the latter giving a fair amount of whining about having to tag along, and then cruising out to Potero Heights, where Gabe lived.

It was on the way to Gabe's when Karl noticed he was being tailed. It was a dark silver Mercedes, shining like a chrome monster in the yellow glow of streetlights. It was keeping its distance well, but Karl was sure when it cut lanes to make a changing light that Karl was speeding through, and ended up bolting through a red.

But Karl didn't have time try to lose the tail, because as he was cruising through the next intersection, a semi that was waiting at the red suddenly accelerated to bare down on Karl. As he acted on instinct, Karl caught sight of a familiar piggy face in the driver's seat.

(OOC: Please roll Dex+ Drive)
    Show

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Hang on!" Karl calls out to the ghouls as he accelerates towards the most promising gap.

Show
    Dex+Drive+Willpower (6d10)[4][3][5][4][9][2](27)
    ten again (6d10)[7][8][1][3][2][1](22)

28. - Top - End - #358
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

Anna knew tonight might be a problem, but she was definitely more exposed here than in the relatively slightly safer walls of Elysium. She made a beeline for the entrance, walking briskly just short of a jog.

She nodded to the ghouls.

“I appreciate your service,” she said quietly.

Once inside she looked around for a familiar face, or Lady Stardust.
    TC for short

29. - Top - End - #359
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Karl accelerates forward, trying to rush past the truck before it can make contact, his foot pressing the pedal down as far as it will go. The car roars through the intersection, the engine whining under sudden strain. The car's front wheels make it through the intersection when the there is a loud sickening crunch of metal grinding against metal. The car goes for a spin as the truck collides with its tail. Bernardo and Gabrielle, seated in the back both begin screaming.

The car's backside side collides with the front of a car that had stopped at the changing yellow. The vehicle is now turned 90 degrees to the right, parallel to the semi that ran it down. The ghouls in the back are still screaming, Gabrielle especially. Gabe has pulled an automatic pistol from the glove compartment and is cursing. Then the car's rear wheel gives with a low thud, and the back right of the car suddenly drops. Horns are blaring from other nearby vehicles. But a black sedan (one that Karl had been forced to ride in weeks ago) pulls out to block the lanes Karl had been trying to reach, and stops, its hazards blinking yellow warnings into the night. Schultz gets out of the passenger side, dressed in a grey garbage man's jumper, and hefting a shotgun. His eyes are red with vengeance, a wicked grin spread wide across his face. The driver's side opens up, but it's too hard to see who's on the other side.

Gabe is still cursing, and Gabrielle is still screaming, and Karl will have to act fast.

(So Karl's single success protects the passengers from taking any real damage. However, he is unable to avoid collision and the car's right rear wheel is blown. He can try to flee, but will be at a disadvantage. Please roll Wits/Dex + Drive -2 if Karl is going to flee and we will start a chase. If Karl is going to stand and fight, please roll initiative and give me Karl's action. Assume that all Ghouls are armed with side arms)

************************************************** ******************************

Anna moves quickly, sticking to the rare shadow cast onto the sidewalk. Her travel is unmolested, and she reaches the flock of Ghouls, all dressed in white shirts, and maroon suits. The Mekhet flashes The Pulse on her phone, confirming her invitation to tonight's event, and is allowed in with a nod.

Anna climbs the large stone steps leading up to a number of arched glass doors, and slips into the brightly lit wide open lobby. Everything is a rich cream colored marble, the walls lined with rows of Corinthian columns. The ceiling is two stories high, and domed, with painted starburst patterning. Standing alone in the lobby, lazily fiddling with her cellphone is Lady Stardust. She is dressed in a decadent and frilly black ballgown, studded with iridescent black stones. The dress is sleeveless, and Stardust is long black gloves that come midway up his biceps and accentuate her lithe figure. A dark red necktie has been tied around his long slender neck, hanging down to be tucked into the low cut of the gown's neckline.

Noticing Anna, Lady Stardust puts away the phone (though where in the gown it was deposited Anna may never know), and gives the Dragon a warm and regal smile. Black high heels clap across the marble as Lady Stardust approaches Anna, and he says, "Anna, you are uncharacteristically early my dear," while throwing an arm around the Mekhet. Cold dead flesh embraces cold dead flesh, then Lady Stardust says with a polite laugh, "But not too early of course! We have a few guests already here, mostly Ventrue; they're so boring." This last part is said in a stage whisper, and Stardust gives Anna a roguish grin. "Please come in and make yourself comfortable. Can I get you anything?"
    Show

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Cursing, Karl shifts gears again. This vehicle's not going much farther, but he wants to be in a less vulnerable position before they abandon it. If he can hit one of these Mistkerl on the way out of the trap, so much the better."Be ready to move, we might have to fight, but this is not the ground for it. If I tell you to bail out of the car, do so without hesitation."

Show
    Dex+Drive+WP-2 (4d10)[3][8][3][8](22)
    ten again (4d10)[10][1][1][6](18)
    Two successes, glad I didn't waste that second willpower. This situation just might make me spend tonight's entire reserve. Karl's not built to be a fighter.
    Last edited by Daishain; 2019-03-11 at 04:13 PM.