New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

Anna Wu

"I don't know, but what do you want to do if he doesn't show?" Anna said, "do you think the Prince made a move on him ahead of the meeting tonight?"
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Its possible. If the primogen never makes it, we're in deep trouble."

"I see two options at that point. Either we slip out of here at the first chance and abandon the city, or we try to stage something of a revolt using the data we have on hand. We can show everyone just what the prince and his sheriff have been up to. Unfortunately, I think if we try the latter, our chance to escape will close."

"Do you think the leaders of your order would be willing to lead the charge in D'Agostino's place?"
    Last edited by Daishain; 2019-03-24 at 06:01 PM.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

3. - Top - End - #393
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

“I will consult with them now for guidance,” Anna said.

She looked for the elders of the Ordo.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

4. - Top - End - #394
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Aisling looked up from her phone. She had been pecking away at the glass screen awkwardly, while Anna and Karl discussed things. She turned the screen around to show her text conversation. "Tony's here with his Sire," she says with a certain pride, "he says they're in back getting everything ready; whatever that means."

Looking around the room, she says with a certain awe, "It's so beautiful in here. We never had anything like this... well back when I was embraced." She begins to walk away from the coterie, her head turning this way and that to drink in the surroundings. Then she stopped, seeming to compose herself, her eyes hardening to belay their feral intensity. "I think I am going to find a higher vantage point so that I can keep an eye out for The Sheriff. I'll take the Ghouls, since three pairs of eyes are better than one."

Gabrielle gives a look of protestation, while Bernardo agrees happily. The three quickly disappear into the ever growing crowd of animated corpses.

(OOC: So I can obviously just move things on, but I want to give you two one last opportunity to do any sort of social/political networking or other preparation before we drop into the meat of the scene. Please let me know OOC if you just want to move things on. Assume any kindred you can think of is here by now.)
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

5. - Top - End - #395
    Titan in the Playground

Anna looked for a large group of Ordo, if they were close together, or her sire. She wanted to be close to friendly Kindred when everything went down.
    TC for short

6. - Top - End - #396
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

It took only a moment of scanning the crowd before the image of Anna's sire caught her eye. He was standing with Lady Miho and the Covenant Primogen, Yoshihiro Yamamoto, and was dressed in a slightly oversized dark navy suit. The man's speckled face was almost warm, and he appeared relaxed as he casually conversed with the his powerful colleagues.

Lady Miho was dressed in a dark red suit jacket, cut short to accentuate her long black dress decorated with large round brass buttons. Her short hair was styled back, and she was wearing unusually stylish glasses.

In contrast, The Primogen was dressed in a black and dark grey traditional Kimono, complete with oversized fabric belt (Obi) and long flowing jacket (Haori). He head been embraced at an earlier age than either of his compatriots, and tonight his usually long silken black hair had been cut short into a modern cut that contrasted with his outfit. He had light brown almond shaped eyes and heavy dark brows. He would almost be handsome if it was not for the disfigurements innate to his clan. Yamamoto had a large gap that divided his face where his nose should be, and extended down through his upper jaw, exposing wet membranous flesh and gum, and pulling his lips back to expose the rows of needle like teeth that filled his mouth. The deformity forced the vampire to rely heavily on Obfuscate when out in public, and at times he was known for being quiet the recluse. However, Anna had spoken with Yamamoto-San just the other night regarding all her plans, and he had taken to her schemes with a surprising enthusiasm.

The three seemed to be studying the Burakumin from across the theater, but as Anna approached she could hear only pleasant conversation. At her arrival, Anna was greeted warmly. There was no clamming up or sudden tension upon her arrival, at Anna took it as a mark of her quickly rising status at how warmly the three invited her to join them.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #397
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

“Good evening,” Anna said, bowing low to the clan elders.

She glanced over at the burakumin.
    “I’ve never seen them before tonight,” she said, “I introduced myself earlier; they didn’t seem to wish to speak with me, at least not in public.”

Spoiler
    Show
    im okay to move forward but will continue RP’ing if we’re not yet ready.
    TC for short

8. - Top - End - #398
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Kenji Yamamoto grins at his Childe and says, "They are... The Unclean; a sort of untouchable caste from an era of Japan that no longer exists. But they are an unpleasant and seclusive lot, even in America. Long ago we tried to bring them into the fold of our Covenant, but they had no interest."

Lady Miho speaks up rather quickly, almost cutting off her companion, "They are an unfortunate and unpleasant lot. Pay them no mind and avoid them if you can." Her words are cold, though come off more as polite recommendation rather than a command.

(OOC: Let me hear if Daishain wants to do anything. If not, I will move things on, though TBH I do relish the chance to flesh out The Ordo Primogen a little in game )
    Show

9. - Top - End - #399
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

Anna nodded with understanding.

“They know how to contact me if they wish,” she said.

She slid closer to the primogen.

“I’m nervous,” she said quietly, “I hope tonight goes smoothly.”
    TC for short

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Thank you Aisling."

Karl melts into the crowd, aiming to gauge the mood of the attendees. Many here seemed to know something of what is afoot, and he wants to have an idea of who are most likely to oppose D'Agostino's efforts.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    I'm happy waiting while you flesh out the primogen, even if you don't have something in particular for me while working the crowd. Or we can move on, whichever is preferred
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Anna's statement draws a wide smile from Yoshihiro, the of his upper lip pulling back even further to reveal more glossy flesh of his mandible and nasal sinuses. "It almost certainly will not," The Primogen says calmly, his disfigurement creating a nasal quality to his speech that somehow adds to undermine his position of power. Serenely he adds, "Stay close to us now. The less you openly associate with The Invictus Primogen right now the better. I will speak for our Covenant when appropriate, and we will support Mr. D'Agostino as discussed. We will do what we must to ensure that our Dragons and our research continues to flourish, and we have your hard work to thank for that." The statement is punctuated by a polite head bow, when mentioning Anna's successes.

With a subtle nod of his head, Yoshihiro indicates an isolated section of the balcony, which is covered in shadow. For an instant, Anna catches sight of shifting bodies in the darkness. The Primogen says, "Julian a few of the Axe are in position, should we need them. Stay close... this will get ugly." He gives Anna a lurid wet grin, folding his hands into the sleeves of his Kimono.

Moments after Karl begins moving through the crowd, he is intercepted by Ivanov, the middleman of the Invictus who entreated Karl to investigate MS13. "How are we doing tonight Mr. Bauer?" he says grimly, his beady eyes studying Karl like a textbook. "I hear you have been very very busy recently."

The statement causes the vestigial remains of Karl's stomach to turn over for a second. Ivanov was an errand boy for Dennis Collings, the Seneschal of the city and mad supporter of the current prince. It was unclear how Ivanov had intended his statement, but Karl could not help but hear an air of accusation.

Nearby Lady Stardust was making her rounds, loudly schmoozing with the gathering Kindred crowd.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Hmph, lets see how these waters are flowing, "I have been yes. I've identified a fair portion of the MS-13 network, a reliable means for Invictus to exert leverage over them, whether subtle or overt, should be in our hands soon enough. I must admit though that I have my doubts about their usefulness, they're almost as wild as the Brujah."

13. - Top - End - #403
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

Anna bowed again to acknowledge the compliment.
    “I was wondering where he was. I feel a bit better knowing they’re here but I’d feel a lot better if I had my Jain,” Anna said.

“Hopefully the project I’m working on will enable us to expand our research and at the same time reduce potential masquerade breaches for the entire city,” she said, “I am grateful for the Ordo’s blessing and assistance.”
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2019-03-27 at 07:40 PM.
    TC for short

14. - Top - End - #404
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Ivanov nods his head, only the slightest smirk creasing his lips. "Excellent. When can you have a report handed over?" he asks hastily, then adds, "And don't worry about controlling them. If we have the right points of leverage, manipulating Kine is no more difficult than squashing an ant's nest... even a neonate could do it."

The smile fades from Ivanov's lips, a sudden thought seeming to cross his mind, and he reflexively begins cracking his knuckles, popping loudly one after the next. After finishing his first hand, Ivanov says, "The First Estate will be grateful for your loyalty." The statement seems pointed and cold rather than congratulatory, and Ivanov's dark beady eyes target Karl like lasers.

“I was wondering where he was. I feel a bit better knowing they’re here but I’d feel a lot better if I had my Jain,” Anna said.
    Anna's sire smiles, patting Anna on the shoulder. "We shall be fine dear. As always, we rely on our reputation as scholars uninterested in politics, stay to the periphery, and we shall be fine. This will be just another cycle, another spiral to the Dragon's tail." The statement gathers nods of approval and agreement from Miho and Yoshihiro. Kenji leans in and in a whisper that maybe only Anna can hear, he adds, "When you are free I'd like to discuss with you how your studies into The Coils of The Dragon are going. Lady Miho says you are working hard."

“Hopefully the project I’m working on will enable us to expand our research and at the same time reduce potential masquerade breaches for the entire city,” she said, “I am grateful for the Ordo’s blessing and assistance.”
    The Primogen nods his head approvingly and says, "Your ingenuity is greatly appreciated. Your Sire should be very proud of your accomplishments."

This brings a smile to Kenji's face, and if the corpse could blush, perhaps he would. "Oh no," Anna's Sire says modestly, "I can take no credit."
    Show

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl's face remains impassive, as dead as it should be, "Provided I am allowed to continue my work, I should have an update two nights hence. It might have been tomorrow night were it not for this gathering. Does the first estate have a preference on the manner of leverage to exert?"
    Last edited by Daishain; 2019-03-29 at 02:09 PM.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Ivanov scowls and waves a hand flippantly in Karl's direction, "Just find ways we can manipulate people in power. That guy Spooky Lopez, or whatever he's called. We control the top boys, we control their underlings." He shrugs apathetically and says, "You can take care of it, right?"
    Show

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"As you wish, it will be done." Barely managing to avoid adding the word 'idiot' to this last comment, Karl tries to disengage and resume hunting through the crowd.

For someone with that level of power, Ivanov certainly lacked an appreciation for the flow of power, and the myriad ways it is gained. Or perhaps the lack of concern for the details was in part a sham, and what methods Karl would choose was of more interest to him? Hmm, unlikely, but worth pondering.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

“I’m sure we will all benefit, once everything is up and running,” Anna said.

“I am hoping to make some progress soon,” Anna replied to Kenji, “I truly appreciate the time and effort Lady Miho is investing, and I want to make her proud. When would you like to meet?”
    TC for short

19. - Top - End - #409
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The lights begin to dim throughout the theater, drawing a murmur then a hush from the Kindred gathered throughout the theater. Lady Stardust ascends the stairs from the orchestra up to the stage, a spotlight finding her as the crowd of gathered Kindred applaud her; the very definition of a Daeva basking in the adoration of his many fans. The yellow lights are colored just so to highlight and accentuate the Herald's statuesque androgynous form. His eyes glow an iridescent blue, highlighted by the lighting and thick cat's eye eyeliner. She smiles her toothy charming smile, framed by long black hair and moving with an animal grace punctuated by the swish of her long black ballgown. A single microphone has been set up for the Herald, who takes his place naturally at the stand, slender gloved hands clasping the microphone tenderly, as if it were an object of erotic affection. "My fellow Kindred, please take your seats," Lady Stardust says with a coy grin, and placing a hand on her hip in playful mock impatience.

There are maybe a little under two hundred vampires in the city of San Francisco with almost the entire population gathered tonight. Even still, there was over a thousand seats in the orchestra level of the Opera House, and so there is a remote spread of bodies throughout the audience, that created an odd separation of Lady Stardust from his audience. Unfazed, The Master of Elysium smiles out to the audience and spreads her arms out as if to embrace the congregation, "Thank you all, my lovely corpses for joining me tonight." He grins impishly and with a wink adds, "I'm sorry we offered such late notice about the party. Regardless, I am happy to see all of your. Tonight, we have much to discuss, so I hope everyone is sated."

Lady Stardust's demeanor shifts, as he lets the weight of his statement and its implication settle over the audience. Rumors were rampant among the Bay Area vampires, and it was likely that everyone in the building had an inkling as to what she was referring to.

A massive projector screen begins to descend behind the Herald as he continues, "I was recently provided with some footage that was taken directly from Sheriff Schultz. And so I would now like to call to our stage The Prince of San Francisco, Christoph Gorman." Lady Stardust extends her arms out to the crowd, and now the only noise is the whirring of the motor powering the final moments of the white screen's descent. The hum ends as the screen stops just inches above the stage floor, and still no Prince. A murmur begins to gather over the crowd, a shuffling as the audience begin to search for Prince Gorman.

"Very well," Lady Stardust speaks up, his arms silencing the crowd, "let us continue despite The Prince's absence." She gestures to the projector, and the stage lights go out, and a projector from over head begins to play the short and grainy footage of The Prince committing Diablere. The importance of the video, and the eventual inevitable ending are clear to the gathered vampires long before the corpse turns to ash in Gorman's hands, and outrage begins to ripple throughout the audience.

The video plays on repeat, lasting only few minutes before cycling back to its beginning. The lights start to come up as the tide of outrage builds within the crowd. Lady Stardust stands at the corner of the stage looking coldly out over the gathered Kindred, studying their joined responses.

Perhaps the vampires of San Francisco would have turned this communal outrage into something productive, like a vote to depose The Prince, but the opportunity are never given the opportunity.

A Ghoul of Stardust's, dressed in the uniform of an usher, bursts into the audience from one of the large swinging entrances in the back of the theater from one of the massive swinging doors, coughing. He is followed by thick billowing black smoke that begins to flood the room. He shouts between fits of coughing, "Someone has set fire to The Opera House! It's everywhere!!!" The smoke rushes into the theater so quickly and so thick that it seems impossible that so much could have built so quickly. No fire alarm had gone off! Why had it only been caught now???

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    So lets start things off with a roll to resist Frenzy!!! Please give me Resolve + Composure -2 (modifiers are in a burning building -4, but at Elysium +2). However, given all the circumstances, I am going to rule that for this instance, you can use a WP for 3 dice if you so desire.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2019-03-30 at 01:30 PM.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl grits his teeth, of course, Gorman couldn't stop the release of the information, so he's just bringing the final death to everyone who might dare cast judgement upon him. The vampire moves through the crowd towards Lady Stardust, getting the androgynous corpse's attention by whatever means necessary. "This is the Prince's doing, the exits will be sealed or covered by Shultz' goons ready to gun down escapees. We must make a new way out. You know this building better than anyone, where can we make a hole? There is plenty of muscle here, we can tear a wall apart if we have to."

Damn it all, and there were all sorts of nice toys perfect for this situation sitting back at the haven too, a couple of those grenades would be very welcome right now.
    Last edited by Daishain; 2019-03-30 at 05:45 PM.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

Spoiler
    Show
    q10 again: (3d10)[2][1][8](11)

Anna fought down the urge to flee. She was still far and away from reining in her Beast but perhaps her training was helping, for she managed to keep her wits about her and look to the Ordo elders for guidance. They were the only ones she could trust to protect her right now.
    TC for short

22. - Top - End - #412
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Anarchy suddenly takes hold of the gathered crowd of Vampires. Most Kindred manage to keep a leash around their Beast, though a few of the neonates and fledgelings in the crowd suddenly Frenzy, eyes filling with sudden mindless animalistic fury, running screaming through the crowd fangs and claws bared. The murmurs of the crowd turn to disarmed shouts and cries of dismay. Smoke and heat continue to pour into the theater from the lobby, sending the majority of the Kindred towards the stage. Distant gunfire can be heard from outside the doors; the repeated pounding of discharged automatic weapons drumming through the massive theater. One neonate from the Carthian movement bellows out a shrill howl and fangs gnashing races towards the back of the theater and through the doors belching smoke. Moments later the fledgeling returns shrieking like a dying feline, his wool sweater aflame.

Karl is up on the stage next to Lady Stardust, acting before most of the Kindred have gathered their senses. The Beast claws at his brain, screaming in combined rage and fear at the thought of being trapped in a burning building. Karl is able to just barely keep the alien conscious in check, fighting for control of his body as it instinctively moves to flee. Lady Stardust moves towards Karl, hearing his words and nodding her head in agreement. The Daeva's cool demeanor is gone, replaced with a cold fury. "The fire alarms should have gone off," he says without alarm, the statement meant to be evidence that Karl is correct regarding everything happening, "The ground floor exits are likely all compromised. Our best bet is to go up, use the second or third story windows or make it to the roof." She has a radio out and is speaking orders into it like she is promising revenge for the death of a loved one. He looks up from his conversation and says, "There are stairs at the back of the wings," pointing Karl towards a passage along the side of the stage. Other vampires are beginning to climb the stage now, racing towards Lady Stardust or otherwise just fleeing the smoke.

The Beast nearly took hold ofAnna as well, compelling her to find some dark shadow to hide in, to find some tunnel for safety. Thoughts of burning searing pain and death by immolation rush through The Mekhet's brain unbidden, but Anna is able to take control of her spinning brain. Kenji has moved to Anna and placed a hand on his Childe's shoulder, though she does not remember this happening. "We must find a way out of here," he says, his words both somehow just for Anna, but also to the other Dragons, who seem to be studying the scene with a degree of calm not evidenced by the other vampires in the theater.

A group of men burst into the theater from the back entrances. There are maybe five in total, two carrying submachine guns, and two working together to tow in a metal drum on wheels with a hose. The group looks like a team of fire fighters, dressed in bright yellow coats and pants, with black rubber gloves and boots, and hauling some sort of hydrant. But the men are all wearing grey gas masks under their yellow helmets, the masks making them look like a squad of anthropomorphic mosquitoes. And when the hose is turned on, rather than water, a dark luminous brown sludge begins to pour jet out over the velvet seats, filling the room with the smell of gasoline.

Coolly, Yoshihiro turns to his Dragons and says, "I will take care of this, they cannot be allowed to start a fire in this theater. The three of you find a way to flee." The others nod in agreement with The Primogen, saying nothing. The animal part of Anna's brain recoils from this; The Primogen is going to face down the fire so calmly? No one is going to help him? How can this be a good idea?

As he looks over his shoulder at the intruders with the gasoline, there is a series horrid popping noise, like the breaking of a chicken's neck. Yoshihiro's black kimono begins to swell from behind, and as he doffs the jacket, two massive black bat's wings sprout from the man's back, all fury leathery skin. The Primogen unfurls the appendages with a sigh.

(OOC: I've given suggestions for what to do, but I'm not making either of you do anything, as i want to give you agency to do whatever you think is best for your character)
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2019-03-31 at 05:45 PM.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl snarls as the firestarters roll into the room and start spraying naptha or some similar substance around. By instinct he reaches for his gun which of course isn't there.

Knowing his coterie are all on the level above him anyways, he doesn't spare much more time looking around before making for the stairs. He doesn't see the Primogen anyways, perhaps Anna's people have a plan.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Titan in the Playground

Anna

Anna wanted to flee, but she needed to keep from mindlessly running in a random direction only to be gunned down by whatever the prince had waiting for them outside or getting herself caught on fire like... whoever that was.

She looked up to the shadows where Julian was. If she knew him, he would have had escape routes already planned out.

“Let’s link up with the Axe,” she said, “we’ll probably have to fight our way out, probably from the roof, but Julian might have better ideas. The balcony stairs are that way.”

She pointed.

She also looked around for Screech, and waved him over if she was able to make eye contact in the brief seconds between where they were and the balcony stairs. If she was going to make an ally of the independent or try to kill him, now was the perfect time.
    TC for short

25. - Top - End - #415
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Karl darts down the stage wing, the unlit passage cooler and an instantly welcome change in environment. Then he is climbing the cramped stairs in a narrow stairwell. The Mekhet's muscles carry him at a speed he would normally be envious of in other Kindred.

Finishing the first flight, Karl almost bangs head-first into Tony D'Agostino who is coming down the stairs from a higher level. The childe of the Primogen startles at the near collision, but when he recognizes Karl Tony grins, his fangs showing in a mirthful sort of glee that is inhuman and slightly reminiscent of Nicholas. "Jesus!" he swears, placing a hand on Karl's shoulder. The neonate is still wearing the too tight light grey suit from Nicholas' study. Tony reaches into the form fitting jacket and removes a matte black pistol from his waistband, and says, "Here, take this. You're gonna need it". The thing is slightly over-sized, and Karl quickly recognizes it as a Glock 17, the thing is cold and comforting as he takes it in his hand. "Hurry on upstairs. The whole place is being attacked. Have you seen Collings; I have a surprise for him." Tony reaches into his jacket and removes a second pistol from a shoulder holster. The grin remains plastered on the Ventrue's face, though he quickly holsters the weapon as the stairwell becomes filled with the shouts of Kindred who are starting their way up from the stage.

Anna pointed towards a door at the side of the audience hall labeled "Balcony Stairs- Staff Only"; the sign a black plaque with gold lettering that hung under a red EXIT sign. Lady Miho looks to Kenji Yamamoto who nods his approval of Anna's plan. As the trio start to make their way towards the stairs, Anna grabs a hold of Screech, who appears to be inches away from the precipice of Frenzy. His white eyes are all pupil and practically popping from his round pumpkin head, his too large mouth contorted into a nearly mad leer.

Screech startles at Anna's touch, hissing like a snake as hismouth opening to expose extended fangs and a lolling tongue. Gathering himself, Screech says, "Oh god! You have to get me out of here! This place is burning down. The Prince is getting his revenge. We're all going to die!!!" His voice is the high pitched shriek of a rat whose tail has been stepped on, and he brings his scabrous white hands to his face as if to shield himself.

Kenji and Miho look at Anna with a mix of confusion and disgust, as if she had just dipped her hands into a sink filled with feces.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #416
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

Anna looked at the clan elders.

“He’s an independent,” she said, as if that answered everything. Perhaps the nosferatu would be more likely to side with them in the future if they saved his life tonight.

She hurried to the stairs and quickly glanced around for any others she knew, the burakumin, Victor, Gabrielle or Bernardo, Nova or even Bobby Hutton, anyone who hadn’t tried to kill her in the past really, and waved them over if she saw them. She wouldn’t tarry more than a few seconds though, she needed to keep close with her clan.

“C’mon, we’re getting out of here,” she said.

Meanwhile her mind worked frantically. What would she do if she wanted to kill everyone? Traps at the exits. Destroy the havens while Kindred were out. Maybe this was why she couldn’t find any weapons. The more allies they could gather together to fight whatever was waiting for them outside, the better.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2019-04-02 at 08:13 PM.
    TC for short

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl accepts the pistol gratefully. It wouldn't be his first choice of firearm, glocks had always felt like toys in his hands, too much plastic rather than real metal. But it was definitely better than nothing. "Thank you, no I haven't seen him. Stay safe Tony. I want the Prince's failure here to be as humiliating as it gets."

He doesn't stay long, but rather keeps moving, looking to reconnect with Aisling, Anna, and the ghouls.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The Nosferatu extends an open palmed wave to Anna's companions and uncomfortably introduces himself. "Screech," he says, his voice cracking hard and drawing a look of ire from Lady Miho.

But there is no time for pleasantries. Even as the four vampires are making it to the exit, there is a woosh as the theater lights on fire. Anna looks over her shoulder to see the bare chested and winged Primogen of The Ordo Dracul standing in a ring of fire as he forcefully separated the head of one of the gas masked men with his bare hands. Yoshihiro Yamamoto seemed completely unfazed by the growing nearby flames as he held the severed head aloft to let the blood drip down into his mouth and on his face as one of the nearby ghouls began pumping bullets into him; the proximity of the fire would drive a normal vampire into a raging frenzy.

Then Ann was running up the stairs with the others. Two flights up, Anna could hear the sounds of gunfire more clearly. The flights of stairs were very long, but waiting for Anna and the others in the stairwell was Bernardo. He was holding a small black pistol, something that a woman might buy and hide in her purse for protection. It looked like the Ghoul had been waiting for them, and as Anna approached he waved her on. "Come on," he said, "Gabrielle is getting Karl. Aisling joined some of the other Kindred who were hiding upstairs. Ghouls started attacking us. It's crazy in there, but Aisling told me to take you to the roof." The smell of smoke was thinner upstairs, though it might not be for long. He pauses to study Anna and her group, suddenly seeming to realize he had been talking directly to Anna while ignoring the others. He extends the weapon to Anna, and says, "Uh, you may be able to do more with this if you want. So... let's go, right?"

As Karl made his way up the stairs, he heard Tony calling from below, "You'r Ghoul is very entertaining."

Karl was up one more flight of stairs when he ran into Gabrielle, who was waiting at the exit. She stood stiff as a board, her arms folded tightly across her chest as if it was too cold in this burning building. "Finally," she said in a voice that was half exasperation and half relief. Karl could hear gunfire from behind the door, the loud repetition of pistol fire. She put a hand to the door as if to open it and said, "Aisling sent me to get you. We were watching you from the balcony. Aisling is with Nicholas D'Agostino and a few others. It's mayhem out there. These guys started flooding the second floor with guns and started shooting!" Gabrielle's voice became more frantic and strained as she spoke, the whites of her eyes shining in the yellow hallway light. "She told me we should go to the roof where it will be safer. Tony gave you a gun, right?"
    Show

29. - Top - End - #419
    Titan in the Playground

d6 Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

Anna Wu

She closed her eyes and looked away from the Ordo primogen. Even at this distance the flames were panic inducing and she couldn’t afford to lose her head. She made a mental note to figure out how the others were able to stay so calm.

Anna opened her eyes and looked around, no sign of Julian.

“Introductions later Screech,” Anna said, accepting the pistol from Bernardo gratefully, “let’s see if we can take advantage of the confusion and get out of here.”

She kept moving up the stairs as quickly as possible.

“Who else is up there?” she asked as they moved.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2019-04-04 at 06:13 AM.
    TC for short

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl nods and is about to push on when he pauses. A moment, he can spare a moment. He extends a finger before Gabrielle's face until she focuses on it, "Cover and motion, the keys to surviving a gunfight. Even if there is cover, you never stay still." He moves his finger erratically from side to side. "Force anyone trying to shoot you to keep adjusting their aim, and the odds of them landing a shot go way down. Now, focus, we're getting out of here."

Willing himself to blend in amongst the chaos, Karl moves forward and up with purpose. These bastards would pay, but first...