New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

"I'm sorry," Katie says, though there is still venom and hurt in her voice. She clasps the phone on the table, hand still shaking. Her tone wavering, Katie says, "You didn't have to do that. Things aren't so bad here... and Jay's not a bad guy", she adds though the last bit is colored with doubt. She drops the phone into her purse. "Thank you for trying to look out of me", Katie says curtly before stepping away from the table and leaving Anna in the booth at the Honey Tiger.

(OOC: Anna gains a beat for her third aspiration. She now has 2xp. Your character box has been updated in the OOC thread).
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Anna frowned at the table after her cousin left. She wondered if Jay was part of Spooky’s crew, if they would meet outside of social settings.

A reminder went off on her phone, and she stood up, paid the tab in cash, and left to meet Daniel.

She always had mixed feelings about meeting her ex fiancé. Kenji has made his thoughts on the matter quite clear, but Anna still found it difficult to cut ties with her old life. Soon it would be impossible to maintain the facade as five years stretched into ten and fifteen and she didn’t age, but... maybe just a few more months...
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The bar Daniel had chosen was an uber trendy cocktail lounge perhaps styled to look like a 1950s science fiction laboratory. Beakers and test-tubes all back lit with yellow gas or neon lights. Twenty and thirty somethings all dressed in slim cut blazers and black cocktail dresses, driving trance music, bartenders with period suspenders and waxed mustaches; this was not Anna's scene, but it also wasn't Daniel's... or at least not the Daniel Anna remembered.

Her Ex was sitting at booth on the far end of the room at a leather clad booth. Daniel looked sharp, dressed in a light grey sweater under a black pinstripe jacket. His hair was heavily styled, something he had only started doing recently, and a silver cross hung on a chain around his neck. Daniel looked up from a neon blue drink in a martini glass, pensively studying Anna. When Anna finally sits down, Daniel coldly says, "You've had me very worried the past couple of days Anna. What happened?"
    Show

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

Anna made sure the blood continued to pump through her veins, taking the edge off her appearance.

“Hi, good to see you,” Anna replied, “I’m fine, thanks for asking.”

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

“I’m sorry,” she said, “I’m just a little on edge. I told you, I fought off a mugging. Training took over. I’m not hurt, but he had a knife; it could have been a lot worse.”
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

(OOC: Just to be clear, you don't have to spend more vitae to maintain Blush of Life)

Daniel looks at Anna with wide and perhaps disappointed eyes. "Do you really think it was wise to fight of an armed mugger with your bare hands?" He sighs, then says earnestly, "But I'm glad you are okay Anna. It's good to see you again."

He takes as sip from his fancy cocktail, and Anna can smell the mix of sugars, gin and perhaps something like rosemary coming strongly from the drink.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Anna

“I know,” she replied, “it’s good to see you too. How... how are you?”
    TC for short

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl nods, "That might be it, it might also be that this Chilton has contacts that are useful in some other way. He might be part of Spooky's money laundering efforts for instance."

"Did you find out anything about the man Spooky had beaten half to death last night? My instincts tell me he might have some interesting perspective to share given some persuasion."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    It looks like you might have missed it Benno, but Erulasto had a response for you at the bottom of the last page.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

As Aisling crawled towards Gabrielle, her companion replied, "She was pretty out of it when she came back. Didn't say too much. I pretty much had to carry her to bed." There was sympathy in Bernardo's voice, SYMPATHY! Aisling could see that Bernardo had even gone so far as to tuck Gabrielle in with a heavy black wool blanket.

The ghoul stunk of alcohol and mortal exhaustion. No other form of corruption seemed to be upon Gabrielle, who didn't even stir when Aisling came close. The Gangrel was so close now that she could hear the blood squeezing through the mortal's veins. Gabrielle was dehydrated, perhaps she had even been burning gifted Vitae last night. Her heart pounded quickly in her chest... it would be so easy to take, perhaps even to take everything.

Daniel shrugged at Anna's question. "I'm good," he said with a sight, though Anna could tell he was holding something back. She knew Daniel too well, had known him for so long; practically their entire lives. But now Anna and Daniel's worlds were so far apart, she had barely seen him in the last couple of months.

A long pause sat between the two. Perhaps they no longer had much to say to each other; that would be unbearable. Taking another sip of his cocktail and nearly draining it, Daniel starts, "Anyways, I'd like to hear about everything you've been up to. It's crazy we are back in the same city and never see each other."

Gabe nodded and pushed a second manila folder across the table. "Ya, Victor Ortega," he says as he opens up the folder for Karl. He shows the vampire a picture of the boy before his face was brutalized into a swollen mess. From the photo, Victor couldn't have been any older than 14 or 15. A stone faced Hispanic kid with a big nose and a sad attempt at a mustache. Shrugging, Gabe says, "I wasn't able to get anything from the hospital; they're pretty tight lipped about that kinda thing and I don't really look like his relative." Gabe snorts at this then continues, "Anyways, he's a highs school student in San Francisco. Parents are from Mexico, not too well off. Grades are pretty poor. Went to the school and did a little snooping. Sounds like Victor was getting bullied a lot. One of his friends mentioned that he had started buying drugs to study better."

Gabe indicates the other folder in front of Karl. He grins at Karl and adds, "My guess is that he was buying from Spooky, or Chilton, but didn't have the money. Just a guess, but it seems to tie everything together okay."
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

I cut up and beat up monsters and study mystical arts devised through inhumane experimentation. I drink blood to stay alive, and gave my aunt a Faustian bargain to save her life.

“You mean aside from beating up criminals in dark alleys with my bare hands?” she asked with a smile.

”you should keep your distance.”

”just a little bit closer won’t hurt. It feels good to feel ‘normal’ again..”

“Oh, this is ridiculous,” she said, coming around the booth to sit next to Daniel instead of across.

“I’m studying a little, meditation, if you can believe that. And I’m looking to get involved in mental healthcare, not sure exactly how yet. How about you?” she asked.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2018-10-28 at 06:40 PM.
    TC for short

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Good work Gabe." Karl keeps looking through the files, "Its a long shot that he'll know something useful, but the kid was just given excellent reason to share anything he does know. He probably wouldn't talk to the cops, we might have better luck. Err, maybe Anna will have better luck, I won't pretend to understand that sort."
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Daniel stiffens for a moment as Anna changes sides and closes proximity. His body heat feels so inviting, even though the two are not touching. Daniel's face blushes, causing his mortal scent to blossom like a well aerated wine or a roast on the flame. "Oh, nothing much," Daniel chuckles, trying his best to appear comfortable, "Things are going very well with Ariel... my uh, girlfriend." His face is now purple, and he stares at Anna very nervously. "We may even be moving in together soon," he adds.

"That sort?" Gabe asks mirthfully. But he grins under Karl's praise before shrugging and asking warmly, "So is there anything else we can accomplish." There is an edge to the man's voice, as if to imply that by doing as instructed he may be fed again soon.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl nods, but he doesn't give any hint of acknowledgement of Gabe's hint, "I would like to get access to Spooky's computer files. Have a recommendation on some means of rapidly copying from his computer?"

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Anna

The vampire looked at the table and grew impossibly still for a long moment, then took a long, shuddering breath.

The unfairness of her situation crashed like a tsunami and she fought for control. The fact that she’d left him and her career to protect him from the Triads only to have him unknowingly follow her halfway across the world and drop this on her was almost too much to bear. Only the long years wondering when something like this might happen kept her from slaughtering everything in her path.

“You must be really happy then?” she asked, “tell me about her?”

She forced a smile, and tossed her hair, hoping to whatever unholy deities willing to listen that it at least looked halfway genuine.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2018-10-29 at 07:09 PM.
    TC for short

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

The thrumb of Gabrielle's heartbeat was like a clarion call for Aisling, and she could feel her jaw tightening with a longing to tear into the Ghoul's flesh and drink her fill. It was intoxicating.

Aisling growled, the sound rumbling low in her throat as she turned her head away from Gabrielle as if that would quell the desire to feed on her. It was warring within.

"I...need to feed. I do not wish....to harm either of you...." Aisling said as she rose unsteadily on her feet. The Gangrel wanted to get out now, as fast as she could, and feed. But it was so tempting....

Show

I figured a test to see if she can hold off her hunger is appropriate?

Would that be a flat willpower test? Or is it Composure and something else?
    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Gabe grins, showing stained yellow teeth. "I'm good" he says, "but not that good." He gathers up the rest of his papers into a stack and leans back in his chair. With a shrug Gabe adds, "We do live in San Francisco. I'm sure you can find a hacker somewhere in this city. Didn't you once tell me the Nosferatu were pretty darn good for that?"

Standing up, Gabe throws the rest of his files under his shirt. "Anything else I can help with?" he asks, "otherwise, I've actually kinda got myself a hot date tonight." He winks at Karl, still grinning his yellow grin.

Daniel nods his head, clearly studying Anna's reaction to the best of his ability. "Oh yah," he says uncomfortably, "she's great. I mean you and here would totally get along, I'm sure." He tries his best to smile at Anna, but the look on his face ends up being more reminiscent of the rictus faces of a corpse in rigor mortis.

Daniel goes back to drink more, only to find his glass empty. He sets the martini glass down and bows his head. His hands begin to play upon the cheap glass, his attention seeming to be locked on the activity. Not looking up, Daniel says, "Actually... our meeting tonight made her pretty uncomfortable. I mean, she's not the jealous type, but can you blame her? We were engaged not too long ago." The statement is left to hang in the air, perhaps being contemplated or even pined by the young man. Very slowly, Daniel adds, "She actually asked me to not see you again."

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    Okay, I want to ask if you think this should merit a Frenzy check. Daniel is Anna's Touchstone, and agreeing to not see him again could be considered a threat to Anna's attachment with her Touchstone, so I believe it does. Anna's response to this otherwise has significant consequences; defending a Touchstone has mechanical benefits, and agreeing not to meet with Daniel does not mean she loses her Touchstone as Anna can instead choose to stalk him from afar. However, I do believe this is an appropriately dramatic scene with high stakes and can't wait to see how Anna responds.

Gabrielle stirs lightly as Aisling rises. From the other side of the room, Bernardo watches wordlessly, concern growing in the man's eyes.

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    So Anna still has half her blood pool, so she isn't starving starving. I don't think there is a clear mechanic to make you feed, other than Frenzy... though this is one area that VtM 5E actually addresses in interesting ways, they make hunger a much larger mechanic in the game. I don't think Frenzy makes much sense here, though Aisling does have her current condition, and is hungry so you could argue for a Frenzy check. I'd say play it however you want to for dramatic purposes, but understand that Gabrielle is already depleted so Aisling could seriously hurt her.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

Spoiler
    Show
    not yet, Anna has had years of thinking about something like this possibly happening, and the target of her ire isn’t present, and daniel has not actually said he won’t see Anna again. He is here, he still wants to see her. She can salvage this...

Anna snorted.
    “There’s a red flag,” Anna replied, referring to the attempted separation from friends.

so that’s how it’s going to be, you b**ch?” Anna thought.

She was silent for a long, long moment. Then hit on an idea.

She flagged a waitress down for another drink for Daniel.

“So you told her you’re a man and can see whomever you wish, right?” Anna asked, “that you were confident she had enough trust in your relationship she wouldn’t be threatened by an occasional meetup with an ex?”

She smiled, of course he didn’t, and shifted a few inches away from Daniel.

“It’s okay. Just because we’re not getting married anymore doesn’t mean I don’t care about you,” she said, “I do, I care about you a lot. I want you to be happy. I don’t want this to be the last time we ever see each other.”

She spoke softly now, so he has to lean closer to hear.

“There’s things you should know, both of you, and you’ll see that, well, hopefully she won’t feel threatened anymore. I actually hope me and her can be friends eventually,” she said, “wouldn’t that be perfect? She won’t be constantly wondering if you’re out fooling around, and we can still see each other from time to time.”

“Let’s give it a try, okay?” she said, “and if that doesn’t work, then we’ll just go from there.”

Spoiler
    Show
    presence + persuasion + will(7d10)[5][1][4][8][8][6][9](41)

(7d10)[9][5][5][1][3][6][2](31)
    Feel free to add a bonus die or two of being an ex fiancé or a touchstone :)

“So tell me all about her!” Anna said, smacking Daniel on the arm, “I can’t believe you didn’t say anything!”
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2018-10-30 at 07:43 PM.
    TC for short

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Daniel seems to shudder as Anna begins to pour it on, his eyes suddenly a little foggy as the cocktail begins to work. Face still flushed, he orders another drink; something called a Hemingway Daiquiri, when the waitress arrives. Dumbly he asks, "Anna do you want anything to drink?"

Once the waitress has left, and Anna has finished her talk, Daniel nods his head, perhaps deep in thought. "Ya," he says slowly, "I think you're right. We can make it work." The statement seems to embolden Daniel, and he places a hand absent-mindedly on Anna's shoulder. He is grinning now, face crimson and lids heavy.

“So tell me all about her!” Anna said, smacking Daniel on the arm, “I can’t believe you didn’t say anything!”
    His guard not fully dropped, Daniels says, "Oh, she's really cool, ya know. She's in law school, she wants to become a public defender... or something. She's very smart, and funny. I'm sure you two will get along well. But I mean, she's not Chinese, not that it matters, right?"
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Anna

“Sure, whatever you’re having,” she said.

“Or something?” Anna echoed with a grin, “is that the official term?”

“Of course it doesn’t matter!” Anna said, “is she a redhead like the mermaid? Let me see a pic.”
    She huddled over the phone with him, as much to get a look at the girl as to see if Daniel would do anything about the proximity in his inebriated state.

”well, this could go one of a few ways,” Anna thought, “i sleep with Daniel tonight and Kiss him, he’ll never forget that, or I find out who this girl is and find some dirt on her and expose her, or blackmail her, or I guess I could just be happy for the new couple...”

or you could slash her throat.

Spoiler
    Show
    presence + socialize: (4d10)[8][10][4][6](28)
    (4d10)[8][7][2][10](27)
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2018-10-31 at 07:38 AM.
    TC for short

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

(OOC: Don't worry about continuing to roll. We'll take your first roll as a significant success. Also, was that last bit about slashing her throat supposed to be said out loud??? )

“Or something?” Anna echoed with a grin, “is that the official term?”
    Daniel shrugs and says, "Public Defender I think. I'm in Tech, not law" He gives Anna a wry grin, and then slightly more seriously adds, "It's a lawyer who is hired by the state to represents people accused of crimes, I believe. She wants to help people; wants to help the community."

“Of course it doesn’t matter!” Anna said, “is she a redhead like the mermaid? Let me see a pic.”
    She huddled over the phone with him, as much to get a look at the girl as to see if Daniel would do anything about the proximity in his inebriated state.
    Anna's Ex makes no attempt to separate himself as their shoulders press together, their heads almost close enough to kiss. "Oh no," Daniel says numbly, "she's a brunette." The pictures are of an olive skinned woman, maybe a year or two younger than Anna was when she was embraced. The girl has wild long brown curls, an aquiline nose and a heavy chest. Several of the pictures show her wrapped around Daniel, kissing his cheek, or holding hands or the like.

The waitress returns with two bright blue cocktails, and hands one to Anna. The drink smells saccharine sweet, laden with notes of cinnamon and citrus.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    too bad, that was a good roll.

No, italics are internal voice.

Anna Wu

She memorized the girl’s face. Definitely going to Facebook stalk her later.

“Cheers,” Anna said as their drinks arrived, putting the phone down on the table.
    She smiled at him after the glasses were out of the way.

“Do you remember that time, you fell into the pool, and then pulled me in with you, up on that rooftop bar in Hong Kong?” she asked, switching to Cantonese.

She kept the drinks flowing to get Daniel to open up and lower his inhibitions, relying on nonverbal cues, nostalgia and their shared history to see if he would make any kind of move. If he did, she would reciprocate easily.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2018-10-31 at 08:49 AM.
    TC for short

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Daniel clinks his glass with Anna, and even stops to take a photo with his smartphone. Then he takes a long slow sip from his drink. Placing the martini glass back on the table, Daniel laughs, face scarlet and says with excitement, "Oh ya! you were wearing a that white lacy T-shirt!" He laughs again, his face filled with a joy that Anna can only remember once having.

Daniel was clearly relaxing with Anna now, the discomfort created by time and circumstances slowly melting away. He wasn't becoming handsy or anything, he had never been terribly physically affectionate in public (that was much more an American phenomenon), but he was allowing Anna to close proximity, for the their legs to meet and for Daniel to be so close that Anna could hear the warm blood rushing through his neck and behind his eyes.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

“This is so much fun,” Anna said.

“But I have to get up tomorrow,” she said.

”bad idea, don’t say it... you want to have a long term friendship with both of them, remember?” she thought.

“Drop me off?” she suggested almost as an afterthought.
    “I mean, neither of us is good to drive right now, so I guess... ride in an Uber with me to my house?” she said.
    TC for short

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Daniel's face turns an even brighter red, his eyes now slightly out of focus. "You aren't going to have any of that?" he asks, pointing at Anna's drink, "you haven't even touched it!" Perhaps Daniel was deflecting, although he did always insist on Anna finishing something if he was going to treat her. He was going to pay for Anna!

Sure enough, Daniel was looking over Anna's shoulder, trying weakly to lock down a waiter.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Anna picked up the glass and killed the entire thing. It settled in her stomach uncomfortably, but she could take care of that when she got home. Once there she would suggest Daniel come in, just to use the bathroom. She could do the same and get rid of the alcohol then. Then... one step at a time, she supposed.

“Let’s go,” she said, looking at him purposefully.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2018-10-31 at 06:02 PM.
    TC for short

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Gabe grins, showing stained yellow teeth. "I'm good" he says, "but not that good." He gathers up the rest of his papers into a stack and leans back in his chair. With a shrug Gabe adds, "We do live in San Francisco. I'm sure you can find a hacker somewhere in this city. Didn't you once tell me the Nosferatu were pretty darn good for that?"

Standing up, Gabe throws the rest of his files under his shirt. "Anything else I can help with?" he asks, "otherwise, I've actually kinda got myself a hot date tonight." He winks at Karl, still grinning his yellow grin.
    "I would really rather not involve any more kindred than I must in this, but if there's no alternative..."

"I'll figure out what I can, go have fun with your date Gabe."

Karl sends a quick pulse out to Aisling and Anna, asking for an update on what each is up to.
    Show
    Dang it all, I didn't expect a tech illiterate character to be so frustrating. With physical access to a computer, you don't need a hacker, or even any special skills. Just another computer, a spare HD, and the right cords. Copying will take a while depending on size of the files and the speed of the hardware involved, but then you have your copy and can take your sweet time using easily downloaded password cracker tools (that again require no hacking skills whatsoever to use given physical access), to open the stolen files.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

The Gangrel leaves in a flurry – madly scrambling from Gabrielle as fast as she can in order to keep the temptation at arm’s length. Despite her frustration and tension with the young woman, Aisling didn’t want anything bad to happen to Gabrielle.

Looking up at Bernardo with hungry eyes, she frowns.

”I…I have to go and feed, Bernardo. I am too….frustrated….to be around Gabrielle while I am hungry and I do not wish to be the reason for her – or your – pain.”

Aisling tries to remember when she’d fed from Bernardo last – whether she could safely take a bit of blood from him if only to tide her over until a more substantial feast could be found.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The drink does not go down easily; it had been years since Anna had put alcohol in her mouth, but she does a good job of hiding it. "Damn", Daniel says grinning. He follows Anna out of the booth and hastily pays the tab. Daniel places an arm around Anna, stumbling on numbed legs. He makes a noise somewhere between a sigh and a giggle then says, "I'm so glad to see you Anna. I'm so glad we did this." He pulls out his phone and opens up a car service application, "What's your address? Wow, how do I not know where you live in this city?"

Kar's post: Karl sends a quick pulse out to Aisling and Anna, asking for an update on what each is up to.
    Show
    So help me out with closing this up. What is Anna's plan at this point?

"Thanks boss", Gabe says with a tired grin. Shuffling out the door, Gabe says, "Let me know if you need anything else. I won't be up all night... most likely" and with this he gives Karl a little wink, "but I can always try to take care of it in the morning."

Show
    I may have misunderstood you (and am also likely more computer illiterate than you), but I thought you meant getting files off Spooky's computer remotely, not with the physical hard drive. If you want Karl to speak up to clarify we can continue the conversation. However, remember that as a merit, Gabe can only do so much for Karl every scene.

Kar's post: Karl sends a quick pulse out to Aisling and Anna, asking for an update on what each is up to.
    It was hard for Aisling to focus, hard to try to remember under the weight of her rage. The Gangrel thought she had fed off of and fed Bernardo recently, but even the last few nights had been a strange eternity.

Bernardo says little but moves to Gabrielle, putting himself between the vampire and the mortal. The ghoul's eyes were filled with a sudden concern that was bordering on fear.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Anna

When daniel went to pay, Anna called an Uber.

Reply to Karl: busy, talk later.

“It’s alright, I’ve already got one,” she said, “but it’s <insert address>.”
    She linked arms with him and exited the bar to catch their ride.
    TC for short

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

The guttural growl that rumbled up Aisling's throat seemed disturbing from someone her size, but the Beast lent it strength. Skittering back a few steps, the Gangrel could at least remember for the moment that these were not people she wished harm upon.

Instead, Aisling turned viper-quick, and burst out of their haven and into the night.

The hunt was on.

There was a mortal out there who was going to have a very bad evening.

The shadows were her friends tonight, and the Gangrel clung to them like a life-line as she skulked around the periphery of populated areas, looking for wayward strays whom she could pluck off the street in a moment of weakness.

Show

Wits 4 + Survival 3 (Hunting 2)
    (9d10)[3][10][3][3][3][1][5][3][10](41)

Parkour to get there quicker.
    Dex 3 + Athletics 2
    (5d10)[4][3][7][1][9](24)

Last edited by Erulasto; 2018-11-05 at 01:00 AM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The uber ride took Anna and Daniel back to her relatively spacious, but unsecured private apartment. Daniel feigned naivete upon Anna's invite, "to see her home" and what happened next was practically an inevitability.

Afterwards Anna lay in a sea of bed sheets, still entwined with Daniel. She was covered in sweat and heat, both from Daniel and in her body's best facsimile of mortality. The two had shared a bed so many times like this, and Anna tried to saver this moment as best as she could. Daniel's eyes were half mast, his breathing deep and slow, his fingers wrapped around Anna's. She had not been so close to to her mortal life, and Anna was left with both a near mortal happiness and an immortal emptiness.

Still out of breath, Daniel whispered, "I can't believe we did this," but he was smiling warmly. Giving Anna a tight squeeze, Daniel said, "Let's stay like this all night."

Show
    So the one thing I will require is a subterfuge roll to get out of staying with Daniel. He's drunk (and maybe still a little horny), and now that he'se with Anna, does not want to let her go. I didn't want to roll for you, because I figured you may want to use a WP for it. When Anna separates from Daniel the scene will be over. Please list the number of Blood points taken and make your roll.
    Show