New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

'What can I say?' asked Lilith with a deliberate airiness 'It's thirsty work toppling despots.' She produced a white handkerchief and asked, while delicately wiping at her mouth 'How are you weathering the... regime change, darling?'
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Human Spirit by kpenguin. The Raynnverse lives!

Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch. This depiction of Seal is so s'much like Smuchmuch

Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

(OOC@All: Please see the OOC thread if you missed it)

While Aisling is speaking with Alejandro, her phone lights up and buzzes to notify her she has a message on The Pulse. Tony's reply message reads "I am happy to arrange a meeting with our new Prince for such an esteemed citizen of our Court. He can meet with you as early as tomorrow night if the subject is urgent."

Alejandro eyes the Gangrel as she reads the message, a knowing grin playing across his face. Though he is clearly anxious to hear what the message says, he replies to Aisling's statement, "I am not opposed to such a grandiose idea... but that will take a lot of blood." He allows the thought to trail off before adding, "among other things."

As Anna travels to her next destination, her date with Daniel, she allows herself to skim through the maze of conversations and threads of the Pulse, which made a strong presence in the San Francisco Cacophony.

Spoiler: The Pulse
    Show
    The Pulse is abuzz with gossip about the loss of power of several high ranking Invictus members who had been strong supporters of Gorman and his now defunct regime. There are even rumors that several Elders, have gone missing; either having fled the city or possibly being staked or slain in secret by D'Agostino's men.

Several members (mostly Carthians) post their theories about how The Spear are going to lose a lot of the power granted them by the ex-Prince. This likely means that The Mission District will fall into the hands of The Rabble. There is even a thread of rumors that Prince Gorman had secretly been a member of the Lancea et Sanctum, and that Sanctified texts and tools had been found in his Haven.

Somewhere in the deep dark recesses of the Pulse, there is even a conversation about how a member of The Dragons was looking into building a "Blood Bank" out of the San Francisco Psychiatric Hospital.

Anna arrives at Terra Noir, a new and trendy wine bar located between the Financial District and China Town. Frosted windows and naked lighting create an inviting sense of warmth out on the foggy night's street. The inside is "Industrial Chic", high ceilings with long hanging bulb, brick walls painted white and decorated green plants and rich wood shelves covered in bottles of wine. The open space is filled with small tables and a few lounge areas, all packed with young and well dressed mortals. The mellow lofi jazz played on speakers throughout the room is barely audible over the din of twenty-somethings mingling.

Dan is standing at the entrance when Anna enters, he is dressed for the cold weather in a black pea coat, a grey sweater, tight jeans and a fashionable plaid scarf. His face is flushed, and he is holding a bottle of wine bundled in newspaper as if it were giftwrap. Ariel is nowhere in sight, and Daniel anxiously rushes forward with the gift extended, stumbling over his words to say, "Uh, this is from Ariel and me in, uh, thanks for your generosity."

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    Anna regains a WP, please confirm if she is spending a blood point to active Blush of Life.

Eliza waves a hand in the air as if to bat away Lillith's question. "Oh, I'm just fine," she says with an air of bravado, "I'm like a cat; I always land on my feet. Fortunately, The Circle was not too heavily involved in Christoph Gorman's politics, and so we should be okay."

Assuming Lillith has nothing to say on the matter, the Elder Daeva taps her fingers on the table uncomfortably. After a moment's pause, she seems to muster the courage to say, "My dear Lillith, I have to admit that there was an additional motive for bringing you here tonight." Eliza Carmine looks furtively around the terraced yard before leaning forward. "I have heard some news... that your Sire is coming back into town; possibly as soon as tomorrow night," she says in her dramatic stage whisper.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

3. - Top - End - #903
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl makes a face as he realizes the options are not exactly in his favor. Still, it wasn't as if he would be asking Bert to work with him directly... He dials the lawyer's number, expecting to get voicemail.

While it rings, he taps out a text to the other coterie members, "I've got a package I picked up at Gorman's that bears investigation. I'd rather not open it without others present, so when is everyone free to get together?"
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

4. - Top - End - #904
    Titan in the Playground

Anna

Spoiler
    Show
    yes Anna will use blush of life

“Hi Daniel,” she said, accepting the bottle with a smile, “Thank you so much, you didn’t have to.”
    She held the bottle in both hands as they made their way to a table.

“How was the trip? Tell me all about it,” she said.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

5. - Top - End - #905
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

To Karl's surprise (and perhaps dismay) the call does not go to voicemail! Bert Schumaker's voice was low and croaky, and Karl could imagine the lawyer's flabby jowls shaking as he spoke. "Mr. Karl Bauer," Schumaker said as if he were swallowing poison, "to what end do I deserve I call from you so late in the evening?"

Daniel proceeds to tell Anna about the trip, with guarded tongue. It is clear to Anna very quickly that her ex has reverted back to distancing himself from her. No sooner than ten or fifteen minutes into the conversation but Daniel is already looking to leave. Anxiously ordering the check, Daniel says, "It was really good to see you Anna. Thank you again for the generous gift. I guess I should be going though." His face is beet red, his eyes darting around the room as they desperately try to avoid Anna's.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Anna spends one BP to activate Blush of Life, dropping down to 9. The Beast grumbles hungrily at the Vitae that it is forced to give up

Spoiler: Time Warp Texting
    Show
    At the appropriate time, your character receives this text message from Karl:
    "I've got a package I picked up at Gorman's that bears investigation. I'd rather not open it without others present, so when is everyone free to get together?"
    Show

6. - Top - End - #906
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl maintains an even tone of voice, "I have urgent need of a good defense lawyer, and you are the best one I know. Not for myself you understand, in fact unless things take a weird turn you will never have to hear from me after this or see me. You know my money is good, so should I hang up and look elsewhere or keep talking?"
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

7. - Top - End - #907
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The man's voice is flat, when he says without hesitation, "Well... I think you should go **** yourself." There is a pause on the other end, and just when Karl believes Bert has hung up the phone, he says, "Sorry, but I'm not sure why I should help a rat like you out. Do you think I really need money? From you?" Now fire is burning its way into the lawyer's words. "You... you ruined my life Mr. Bauer! Give me one good reason I should take one of your people as a client."

(OOC: Probably gonna need a good social roll of one sort or another here)
    Show

8. - Top - End - #908
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl shrugs, though irritation is creeping into his voic,e "For starters because you're supposed to be a professional, and because the person in question needs help and had absolutely nothing to do with whatever the hell it is you think I did to you. While we're on the subject though, I wasn't going to bring it up, but I never did find out just what I supposedly did to piss you off."

9. - Top - End - #909
    Titan in the Playground

Anna

Anna tried to get Daniel to stay.
    “We only just got here,” Anna said, “aren’t you going to ask me how I’ve been?”

If he succumbs to the rules of politeness and asks:
    “My lungs won’t have any permanent damage from the fire at the opera house, and the bullet I took didn’t penetrate the vest, so I’m okay, thanks for asking,” Anna said.

She paused for a moment for effect.
    “I’m still alive, partly because I’m lucky,” she added, “you knew I was sending you away because it was dangerous, and you didn’t even ask..?”

If he still tries to beg off:
    “Daniel what’s wrong? You’re looking around like you’re worried someone is going to recognize you,” Anna said, “to me, that means either you owe someone money, or someone told you not to meet up with me.”
    She arched an eyebrow.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2019-12-22 at 10:22 PM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

10. - Top - End - #910
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Anna tried to get Daniel to stay.
    “We only just got here,” Anna said, “aren’t you going to ask me how I’ve been?”

If he succumbs to the rules of politeness and asks:
    “My lungs won’t have any permanent damage from the fire at the opera house, and the bullet I took didn’t penetrate the vest, so I’m okay, thanks for asking,” Anna said.
    Anna's question freezes the young man, his shoulder's going rigid and his eyes getting knocked down to stair stupidly at the table. "My apologies, how have you been?" Daniel asks in hesitant low voice.

But Anna's response floors Daniel, the boy finally looking up to study Anna as if for looking for bullet holes. With sudden concern, and even a masculine protectiveness, Daniel says, "Oh my god Anna! What the hell did you get into? I heard there was a fire at the Opera House, but the Chronicle didn't say anything about gunfire." Daniel was of course referring to The San Francisco Chronicle, the main Kine news source in the city. He adds with a certain degree of indignity, "You promised you would try to be safe!"

Show
    We can assume this was unnecessary:

If he still tries to beg off:
    “Daniel what’s wrong? You’re looking around like you’re worried someone is going to recognize you,” Anna said, “to me, that means either you owe someone money, or someone told you not to meet up with me.”
    She arched an eyebrow
    Show

11. - Top - End - #911
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

“I was wearing Kevlar,” Anna mumbled.

“Some gang stuff. I didn’t know they were going to torch the Opera house,” Anna said, “the shooting came later. The media’s trying to keep it quiet but things should settle down now anyway.”

“I had a hunch something like this might happen,” Anna said, “that was the whole reason I sent you and Ariel away, remember? Honestly, when the bullets started flying, I was just glad the two of you were out of town, in the middle of the ocean, safe.”

She switched to Chinese.

“I like her, you know. I get the idea she doesn’t like me much, even though I’m trying to get on her good side.. but I don't care if she hates me, Daniel,” Anna said, “if you’re happy, then I’m happy. Just don’t cut me out please. I can take getting shot and nearly getting burnt to a crisp or blown up, but I don’t think I could take that.”
    TC for short

12. - Top - End - #912
    Ogre in the Playground

The Gangrel glanced down at the phone as it buzzed, a pleasantly surprised expression on her youthful face at the speed in which Tony was able to set something up for them. That was good news.

She fired off a quick affirmative to Tony, implying it was fairly urgent, and then looked back to Alejandro. Though Aisling did take several heart-beats to scroll through the rather frenetic energy of the Pulse. Regime changes often brought a lot of uncertainty, or so her father once told her.

”Yes. Yes, I do suppose it would.” She said in the affirmative. ”That was Tony. He is setting up a meeting for us with Prince D’Agostino tomorrow night. It was the earliest we can manage, given the short notice. But I did say it was rather important.”
    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

13. - Top - End - #913
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Anna's words seem to cut Daniel like a blade to the achilles tendon, practically causing the man to drop. He puts a hand up, suddenly desperate to silence Anna. "Please, please. It's... okay." Daniel says face fully flushed and twisted with anguish. "No Ariel actually likes you a lot. No need to be so pessimistic," Daniel says quickly in Chinese. But then he pauses, his eyes studying the table between him and Anna. Finally he says, "It's me Anna, not Ariel. I just... I just don't know what to do. I want you in my life too, trust me I do, but I don't know what to do." Daniel quickly looks about the room, and when he turns back his face is no longer flushed, and his words are a whisper. "I guess I'm not over you Anna. I mean, ****, what happened last week? I can't... I can't do that to Ariel. Do you know what I mean?"

Alejadro grins and says, "That's plenty quickly. We have an eternity to take The Circle. I am glad to have your support Aisling. We will turn our Coven into something far greater, far more pure than it is now." The Daeva begins to carefully re-box the shivering plant.

Show
    I am fine ending this scene here, unless there is something more you want to do. If you want to move on, while I have my own ideas, is there something you want AIsling to do next, other than jump to meeting The Prince? Maybe meeting with the Ghouls... or something else?

Also, don't forget Karl's timewarp text
    Show

14. - Top - End - #914
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

“Oh, well, umm... oh,” Anna said, not expecting that response.
    “I have an idea but this conversation requires more alcohol,” she said, unwrapping the gift Daniel had brought.

She poured two glasses, encouraging Daniel to drink and loosen up.

Once he was well on his way to tipsy, Anna broached the topic again.
    “Daniel, you’re overthinking,” Anna said, “let me ask you a question. We all like each other, right? What if... What would you do, what would you think if...”
    Anna bit her lower lip and leaned forward a bit, and lowered her voice.
    “If we all were over at your place, and you left the room, and when you came back, you saw me and Ariel making out with each other on the couch?” she asked.

Anna carefully watched his reaction to get an idea of what he thought, before any words came out of his mouth.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2019-12-25 at 02:32 PM.
    TC for short

15. - Top - End - #915
    Ogre in the Playground

”It is good to have…friends…and allies.” Aisling said airily as Alejandro begins packing up the plant. ”I shall see you tomorrow night to proceed.” Perhaps Alejandro had an eternity, but Aisling had spent far too much time asleep and unable to make her mark on the world. Enough time had been wasted.

After she parted ways, she noticed she had missed a text from Karl. A quick check had her curiosity perked.

<<I was planning on meeting Gabrielle and Bernardo, but I am free when you are.>>

With the response fired back, Aisling scrolled clumsily through her contact list to find Bernardo and Gabrielle.

Show

Aside from meeting the ghouls, and maybe increasing her blood bond to them, nothing off the top of my head. Maybe hitting the old haven to grab Gazren’s book. That seems like an especially pertinent detail.

16. - Top - End - #916
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Karl shrugs, though irritation is creeping into his voice, "For starters because you're supposed to be a professional, and because the person in question needs help and had absolutely nothing to do with whatever the hell it is you think I did to you. While we're on the subject though, I wasn't going to bring it up, but I never did find out just what I supposedly did to piss you off."
    "**** you Karl," the lawyer curses into the phone loudly, "you know damn well what you did. You ruined my life. How dare you of all people lecture me about professionalism. You're not a detective, you're nothing but a lousy rat!"

Karl can feel the growls of The Beast in the back of his skull, threatening to claw their way out of his throat, using his vocal cords. It speaks without words, though it says, 'How dare this blood bag speak to us this way!'

Spoiler: Time Warp Text from Aisling
    Show

<<I was planning on meeting Gabrielle and Bernardo, but I am free when you are.>>

OOC from Bennosuke: I think this is time warped so there shouldn't be any reason Aisling can't actually do both, so to speak.

As Anna begins to unwrap the bottle of wine, Daniel puts out a hand and says, "No, that's a gift for you. Let me order us a bottle then." He looks at her with caution, his eyes studying Anna as if to learn from her face what it is she is about to say. Daniel orders a bottle of David Bruce Pinot Noir 2013, a red wine from up North in the Russian River Valley, a wild strip of land where only the bravest Gangrel might venture.

The bottle comes quickly, and Daniel makes the first two pours, both very very generous. Daniel seems to enjoy his first sip well enough, though the wine tastes only of acid and ash on Anna's tongue. Daniel finishes his first glass quickly enough, practically racing to empty his pour. Placing the glass down and going for seconds, he says, "Okay, so what is it you wanted to say?"

Once he was well on his way to tipsy, Anna broached the topic again.
    “Daniel, you’re overthinking,” Anna said, “let me ask you a question. We all like each other, right? What if... What would you do, what would you think if...”
    Anna bit her lower lip and leaned forward a bit, and lowered her voice.
    “If we all were over at your place, and you left the room, and when you came back, you saw me and Ariel making out with each other on the couch?” she asked.

Anna carefully watched his reaction to get an idea of what he thought, before any words came out of his mouth.
    Daniel's eyes go wide with surprise, his already slightly flushed face turning a familiar beet red.

Show
    Please give me Presence/Manipulation + Persuasion +1 +(Majesty if you have it, seduction skill specialty if you have it, or +1-3 if Anna is wearing particularly "appropriate" clothing for seduction, and if so, please make sure to describe what Anna is wearing since that would be pretty atypical for how she dresses)

"Very well then," Alejandro says as he finishes packing up the moving plant, "I shall see you tomorrow night." Aisling departs the table, making her way through the fog without a clear sense of where the exit was, though of course the Gangrel never comes into contact with another table and after a long minute she reaches the door.

She receives a friendly goodbye from Lady Stardust, including a European peck on each cheek, before heading down the stairs to the main floor of Tommy's Joynt. As she makes her way through the Kine floor of the pub, Aisling begins scrolling through her phone, landing quickly on Bernardo's number.

Just before she starts her contact, she is passed by a pair of familiar looking vampires. If Aisling remembers correctly, they are Spear members. The two eye her cautiously and one whispers to the other, "Hey, isn't she a member of the King Killer Coterie?" When the two catch on that Aisling sees and hears them, the two become flush with near mortal terror, and rush through the bar to escape up the stairs to Elysium.

Show
    Aisling gains a beat for furthering her aim towards rising in the ranks of the Crone. I have placed Aisling's text in Karl's IC post section FYI. If you want I can just fast forward to Aisling meeting Bernardo at her current hide out.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #917
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl states coldly, "Apparently I woefully overestimated your ability to act in a manner befitting your profession. Goodbye." Without waiting for a response, he hangs up, momentarily missing the older telephones he grew up with. You could slam those and get some satisfaction.

Shortly afterwards, Karl pinches the bridge of his nose in frustration as he realizes the irritation was a useless effort from the start, Bert wouldn't be able to help with a London court even if he could be counted on to take the case. He'd have to go through other channels. To be sure of the outcome, some strings would need to be pulled. That would require a bit of an admission though. Formally acknowledging Fred's relationship to him was likely inevitable, but Karl had hoped to put it off a little longer.

He takes a minute or two to calm himself, placating the beast with fantasies of ripping into Bert's fat neck, then places another call, this time to Tony D'agostino. Whether he gets Tony's voicemail or the kindred himself, he'll state, "Greetings Tony, this is Karl. I apologize for the short notice, but I need to speak to your sire tonight. We already had several things to discuss, but one of them just became quite time sensitive. Is there any chance he might be able to slip me in? I understand that he's quite busy given recent events."

18. - Top - End - #918
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Anna has the fashion asset at rank 4, and this is a date with Daniel but she wasn’t expecting to seduce him, hence only +2 for clothing. she is wearing a touch of dark eyeliner, red lipstick and blush, pearl earrings, and a silver necklace with a turquoise stone to occupy the otherwise empty spot at the top of her chest. Below that, a cotton black camisole with lace stitching at the top is covered by a designer dark leather jacket, and is tucked in beneath a wide light brown belt cinched about her waist. Her skirt matches the jacket and ends well above the knee. Black stockings accentuate the shape of her legs, and her heels are slip-on pumps, also black. A cream colored LV handbag completes the outfit and conveniently holds her glock.

Persuasion 1 + presence 3 + clothing 2 + 1 = 7
    I think I should get + 2 for swooned condition here as well? Will add it in:
    (9d10)[9][5][9][7][10][4][8][1][3](56)
    10 again: (9d10)[7][4][5][7][9][2][3][7][4](48)
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2019-12-26 at 11:19 PM.
    TC for short

19. - Top - End - #919
    Ogre in the Playground

The reaction of the two younger vampires brought Aisling to an abrupt halt. It was most assuredly not what the Gangrel was expecting. They were developing something of a reputation. That would lend itself well to furthering their aims in the city.

She flashed the two kindred a toothy smile as they turned to scurry away from her, before slipping out of Tommy’s Joynt altogether. Once out in the cold night air, she slipped into a nearby alley and kicked off her shoes, wiggling her now bare toes with glee.

It would be good to run.

But first, she called Bernardo and asked him to meet her at the old Haven.

Gazren’s book would be better suited on her person.

Show

By my math, that beat takes Aisling to two experience points even. I’m going to hold off on spending them for the moment. Most of my immediate purchase desires are a bit more expensive.

I meant to ask in the OOC, but was there a plan to fix the Haven? Or relocate somewhere else?

And I’m okay to skip ahead to meet Bernardo. I’m going to have Aisling to get Gazren’s book first, so I’ll gloss that over a bit unless we wanted to have Bernard meet Aisling there.

20. - Top - End - #920
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Karl hangs up the phone before the lawyer has a chance to respond. "Wonder if this will come back to bite me," quickly flashes through Karl's mind.

Karl calls Tony, the Childe of the new Prince. To his surprise, the newly minted royal Fledgeling picks up the phone despite the early hour of the morning. The Ventrue's voice is sluggish, bereft of emotion though he says, "Mr. Bauer, I am glad you called. I was going to reach out to you this evening."

Whether he gets Tony's voicemail or the kindred himself, he'll state, "Greetings Tony, this is Karl. I apologize for the short notice, but I need to speak to your sire tonight. We already had several things to discuss, but one of them just became quite time sensitive. Is there any chance he might be able to slip me in? I understand that he's quite busy given recent events."
    Tony replies, "Well, Prince D'Agostino happens to want to meet with you too. However, dawn is approaching and my Sire has other business to attend to before sunrise. If you wish, I believe I can arrange for a meeting early in the evening. Give me one moment," there is a short pause while Tony apparently peruses a calendar, "How would 7pm work tonight? Should be enough time to feed if you need to. The Prince will meet you at The Night Owl."

Daniel's eyes drop down to the table, his faces still flushed but now lined with apparent shame. "I... I can't pretend that isn't like, a dark fantasy of mine," the mortal says weakly. When he looks back up at Anna, his face is filled with questioning, as if to say, "is that even possible?" and Anna can appreciate the quickening of his pulse and the excited gathering of his blood.

Spoiler: OOC@Erulasto:
    Show
    So the beat brings Aisling to 4 beats and 1xp. The character box in the OOC thread wass updated with the new beat at the time my last IC post went out.

Second, I think we are working with the assumption that everyone has gathered their belongings out of the burned down haven while it is being rebuilt to protect the Masquerade and are staying at their own private locations. I don't remember where we said Aisling would be saying. I will respond with a rather vague post regarding location.

The book was still in the cardboard box that Aisling had placed it in. It was speckled with white and grey flecks of dried ash, some of it smearing when Aisling tries to wipe the book clean. There was an internal warmth to the book; unnatural and defiant of the cool outside air.

When Bernardo approaches, his eyes are bloodshot and rimmed with dark heavy bags. His hair is frazzled. Bernardo and Gabrielle had been staying with Aisling, but Bernardo had been distant, gone when Aisling would rise in the morning. Even on the phone, his replies to Aisling had been short, guarded. The boy's hands are dug deep in his pockets, his head cast down as he enters the room. "Good evening," he says cautiously, his gaze focused on his shoes, "I see you found your... journal."
    Show

21. - Top - End - #921
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

“I don’t mind. I’m pretty curious actually,” Anna said, “If we’re all okay with it, who would stop us?”

“Really Daniel, we live in San Francisco, don’t tell me this is the first time you’ve heard of something like this,” Anna said, “if we do it right, everyone can be happy.”
    TC for short

22. - Top - End - #922
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Daniel finally looks up, raising both hands up as if to give Anna pause and says in a voice that couldn't be any more uncertain, "I'm not saying I'm opposed to the idea or anything, but I have no idea how Ariel would react to the idea... and I'm not willing to risk my relationship with her for a threesome, or whatever." The word "threesome" draws another pang of embarrassment, and Daniel again scans the room to make sure no one overheard.

Despite his words, Anna could see that Daniel was very very interested. Perhaps this is what it felt like to be a Daeva! Daniel wasn't saying 'No', he was simply looking for a way to say 'Yes' while taking the least responsibility. Perhaps it was Anna's history with the man, or perhaps it was something innate to her superior state of being, but Anna could read the poor boy like a book, could turn his head this way or that with the slightest nudge.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2019-12-27 at 03:19 PM.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #923
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

“Oh no, of course not,” Anna said, “I wasn’t thinking of a one time thing, I was thinking of something more long term.”

She wanted to turn up the heat a little more on Daniel.

“Just thinking about the two of you on that cruise...” she said, getting a faraway look in her eyes and taking her lower lip between her teeth for a second.

“But you’re right, we’re getting ahead of ourselves,” she said, leaning back a bit, “she has to want it too, right? And I don’t think it would be a good idea if you’re the one to bring it up, that would just make you look... well it wouldn’t be good.”

She waited for him to agree.
    “What if she and I had a little thing first, then it’s like... not your fault,” Anna asked, “I mean, then it’s kind of like her idea, at least partly.”
    TC for short

24. - Top - End - #924
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl responds, "If you could quietly pass along a request now I would appreciate it. I mostly require permission to ask a favor of Invictus in London, and it would be better if I can get the message to them before they awake over there. As I said, time is pressing. It involves actions that I think were initiated by the old sheriff, they could lead to a masquerade breach, and action is needed to make sure it is handled well. I have a personal interest in the matter as well. Whether he agrees or not, yes, I will meet with him tonight at 7 and explain everything."

Show
    Dawn's already approaching? Huh, that was fast...
    Last edited by Daishain; 2019-12-27 at 04:35 PM.

25. - Top - End - #925
    Ogre in the Playground

Gazren’s journal.

Aisling ran her pale hands across the cover covetously, brushing off the bits of ash and detritus from the fire. There were answers in here…she just needed to find them.

As Bernardo approached, the Gangrel rose from the small crouch she had been in while looming over the box of scattered possessions. Her iPod was tucked into her bag, followed by the book, before she turned to face her Ghoul.

”I have. There are many answers here. Somewhere.” Aisling said airily as she let her glacial gaze rake across the young man. ”You are so…guarded, mo chroí daor.” She said softly, the Beast pulling back its incessant grumbling at the sight of her precious Ghoul. ”What troubles you, Bernardo?”

26. - Top - End - #926
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Daniel's eyes grow wider and wider and Anna talks, till it seems like the man's face is a bright red apple with golf balls for eyes. When he does respond to Anna's suggestion, Daniel's voice is dry and croaky. "If you think that's... going to work," he says pathetically, his hands starting to fidget uncontrollably, an old nervous tick of Daniel's.

Spoiler: OOC@Daishain:
    Show
    Dawn's already approaching? Huh, that was fast...
    My bad, just a stupid mix up from the different timelines and not paying enough attention during the holiday season. However...

Tony chuckles nervously, "I am sure your business is very important Mr. Bauer, and as I said The Prince wishes to meet with you as well. However, as I am sure you can imagine, my Sire is very busy as he has just assumed his new title. I will arrange for you to meet with Prince D'Agostino early tomorrow evening, and I promise you that it is the soonest I can bring you in."

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    So the question is, is there anything else Karl wishes to do with his evening (probably about 4 hours left to the night, or would you want to just skip to meeting with the Prince. Up to you completely. As I said, trying to be less "railroady".

Bernardo's eyes go wide at Aisling's question, a sudden look of embarrassment lining his face. Unable to meet Aisling's gaze, he says, "I... don't feel well. I think I need your... your blood." The words come out like a guilty admission, sullen and low. Bernardo continues, "My body aches; my bones and joints, they feel like they are on fire. I can barely hold down food or water. I find it harder and harder to sleep. I think... I think that I am somehow addicted to your blood. I can't get over the idea that I need it to feel well again; like if I could just have a little more I would feel well again." Bernardo looks up at Aisling now, face gaunt, eyes dark, imploring the woman for help of some sort as he walks towards her, arms extended as if seeking embrace.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #927
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl suppresses a sigh, "Thank you Tony, I'll be there."

He'll run a quick search on criminal defense lawyers in london, contacting a well rated firm that specializes in violent crimes. If they're available to take the case right now he'll send them Fred's way, to make sure he stays out of additional trouble until he can meet with the new prince and get the ball rolling in earnest.

After that he'll see about meeting up with the rest of the coterie to check into the strange parcel taken from Gorman's.

Show
    Timing should be right for any London Firm to be open for business. Not trying for contacts, just literally cruising google for top results.
    Last edited by Daishain; 2019-12-30 at 08:53 PM.

28. - Top - End - #928
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh, my poor gráinn." Aisling said consolingly as she welcomed Bernardo into her arms and pressed her head against his chest. "I am sorry, Bernardo, truly. That it troubles you so...." The Gangrel spoke softly, "But it is the only way I know I can help keep you safe. D'Agostino may be the new Prince, but Mother Blackstar is still out there."

Wordlessly, the Gangrel looked up and caressed Bernardo's cheek before bringing her wrist to her mouth. Biting into the flesh to draw her vitae, Aisling then raised her wrist to Bernardo in offering.

29. - Top - End - #929
    Titan in the Playground

“I think this is the best way for us, yes,” Anna said, “and me and Ariel having a little spark first is the best I can come up with, yeah.”

She paused.

“I only want to do this if you’re okay with it,” she said, “we don’t have to decide right now, maybe there’s a better way I haven’t thought of. You’re really smart, so maybe you can think of something if you sleep on it for a few days.”

“Unless... you’re sure now,” Anna added.
    TC for short

30. - Top - End - #930
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Karl cannot help but marvel at the wonders of the modern internet. Within less than 15 minutes he has a list of well rated British attorneys. He starts with the lawyer who seems to come most highly recommended for criminal defense, J.C. Bradshaw Solicetors, connecting to a female secretary with a heavy cockney accent. She greets Karl and after introducing herself as Penny, asks how she can assist Karl this morning.

(OOC: So we don't have to play this all the way out, but I am very curious how much information Karl is going to give the attorney's office.)

Bernardo stiffly allows himself to be enveloped in Aisling's embrace. He folds into her, his mortal heat so welcome against Aisling's cold dead flesh. He sobs quietly in her arms, shivering a little, though whether it is due to Vitae withdrawal or the temperature of Aisling's corpse is unclear.

When Aisling offers her torn wrist to Bernardo he whimpers and says something about God under his breath in Spanish. His eyes go wide, the red spider-webbed sclera practically glowing in the low light of the room. His focus drawn heavily on the wound, lightly oozing dark crimson blood. "I can't," Bernardo moans as he shakes against Aisling. The muscles in his neck stretch the skin as he fights with every bit of willpower to pull his head back and away from Aisling's offering.

Then Bernardo suddenly cries out, his hands somehow steadying as they reach out to clamp firmly around Aisling's arm. He dives his head forward, locking his practically burning lips around the wound. Bernardo sucks at the wound, desperate to draw the powerful blood into him, the pulling creating a burning fire that stretches up Aisling's arm in the tight web of arteries like the march of a thousand fire ants. The boy feeds voraciously, making near animal noises as he satisfies his hunger.

(OOC: How much Vitae is Aisling feeding Bernardo?)

Daniel shakes his head in the negative, though he chuckles as he says, "Are you kidding? I'm not sure of anything right now." With deadly seriousness, he repeats to Anna the mantra she has already heard this evening. "I don't want to do anything to damage my relationship with Ariel... but I can't lose you either," Daniel says, practically pleading with Anna, possibly to help him, possibly just to understand him. The words are desperate, pathetic even; a boy who doesn't want to have to choose a side, who wants to have the best of both worlds... though perhaps Anna is partly to blame.

Finding some inner resolve, Daniel says, "But if you think this will work... if you thing Ariel would be interested... and, and you could convince her to... I mean, sure, I'm in."
    Show