New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

Aisling remained – more or less – silent the entire trip to the Night Owl. The bloated feeling hadn’t abated quite yet, and she was somewhat embarrassed by her loss of control. Still, she felt that they had made some progress at least tonight.

Slipping out of the Uber when it arrived, Aisling looked the Ghoul bouncer over curiously. The Gangrel was glad that Anna had the presence of mind to call ahead and warn D’Agostino that they were coming over. But something had been troubling Aisling.

Nagging at the back of her mind.

How had the Sheriff gotten a camera inside D’Agostino’s haven? The notion was repulsive, and it made the Gangrel somewhat paranoid. Was there a spy somewhere?
    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Anna was unable to get a hold of Nicholas, but Tony was quick to pick up the phone. He instructed Anna to come to The Night Owl, and he would take care of the rest. He probed Anna for more information, and sulked when none was offered up.

Outside of the Night Owl the Ghoul working bouncer moved a hand to his ear piece, as if to call for one of his superiors. However, before this is neccesary, Tony comes rushing to the door. There is a mortal ruby flush to his cheeks as he bursts through the curtained glass doors with the large owl symbol printed in dark gold. He does his best to grin at his guests, arms out stretched. "Welcome" he says grinning, "come in, come in. Let us get you a booth... unless you would rather go upstairs right away."

Tony looks from Anna to Karl to Aisling, studying each one's face as if trying to discern the reason for their "important" visit.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

“We’d better go upstairs right away,” Anna said.

She weighed the odds of whether d’agnostino knew his office was bugged against the inconvenience of interrupting whatever he was doing. She figured it was better to err on the side of informing him straight away.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl shakes his head, "We can wait a brief time."

If others question that, he will quietly whisper, "The bug has likely been there for quite some time, a little more is unlikely to do significant harm. Bursting in there and causing him to leave in a panic will alert them to the bug having been discovered. If they think the bug remains undiscovered, it can become a useful tool for our use."
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

Anna nodded.

“Ok, good point,” she said.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Tony studies the group as they whisper amongst themselves, face suddenly full of concern. "Here, why don't we go to the table I reserved," he says as he ushers the coterie in. He leads the three Kindred to a large and luscious dark oak table polished to a near mirror finish that has been set up in the back corner of the club in a raised area, protected by velvet red curtains. Patrons watch as Tony leads the group to the area, parting the curtains so that the group can sit.

Once everyone has taken their place, Tony says in a hushed voice, "Do you want to talk now, or would you rather wait till we go upstairs" The young vampire watches the group, his face lined with confusion and concern as he waits to hear what the coterie has to say.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Keeping his voice low, Karl says, "Actually, I think it would be best if we did not go upstairs at all. Someone has been spying on your Sire." Pulling out his phone and swiping through the images taken, he stops when he finds the one showing the camera feed of D'Agostino's office, and shows it to Tony. He then pulls out a notepad and starts writing.

"Stay calm Tony, such things can actually prove to be helpful to us. but it is best not to discuss such things in front of the cameras. Just go upstairs, and hand him this note. We will await his response."

The note he gives Tony reads, 'Camera feeds discovered in your office and other places, I suggest not revealing any hints they've been discovered so that they can become a feed for disinformation. A large stash of sensitive information has also been found, it will need to be discussed. How do you wish to proceed?
    Last edited by Daishain; 2018-12-29 at 09:22 PM.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Anna nodded and stayed quiet. Karl was definitely better at this stuff than she.
    TC for short

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

There is shock in Tony's near mortal face. His eyes seeming to bulge, and face flushing warm with blood. "Who... who did this," he stammers, "Where did you get this?" His hand reaches reflexively for his cellphone, and opens the Pulse app to contact Nicholas, but his hands are now trembling.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

“Tony, that’s the kind of thing Nicholas has to decide whether you should know or not,” Anna replied, “we can’t make that call.”

“No specifics over Pulse please,” she added, pointing to his screen, “hand him the note.”
    TC for short

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The Ventrue grimaces, his lips curling back to reveal extended pearly white fangs. "I am my Sire's right hand", he growls in a low hushed voice. But then the tension leaves his face, and perhaps with slight embarrassment Tony says, "Apologies. But my Sire is currently unavailable, and this is information that needs to be passed on quickly. If you don't trust the Pulse, perhaps your best decision is to tell me everything." This last bit is said surprisingly firmly, the neonate showing a degree of regal control befitting his Clan and Covenant.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

Aisling was not the one to indulge in political intrigue – it was the part of her father’s court that she always detested the most. Entertaining envoys to his Earldom and skirting the line on what was and was not appropriate discourse.

With any luck, Aisling would likely end up sticking her proverbial foot in her mouth.

Still, as Tony seemed to be wanting them to spill it all now, the Gangrel leaned in with a frown on her face.

”Schultz.” Was all she said, in a hushed voice.

Hopefully, that alone would be enough to spur the younger Ventrue into action and clue him in on just how dangerous this particular information was.

As soon as she was done speaking, Aisling glanced to Karl and Anna apologetically as she realized she had spoken without thinking.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Anna

Anna filed Aisling’s undermining of her explanation away for later private discussion.
    She nodded and smiled at Tony as if it was all planned.

She leaned in close to Tony.
    “Keep your expression neutral,” she whispered into his ear, “Its from the sheriff’s territory, he’s monitoring these feeds. If he’s watching this without anyone’s knowledge, is it possible the Pulse is also being monitored? It’s not hard, China does it for the whole country.”
    TC for short

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Tony's face turns an appropriately Kindred pale. "The Sheriff?", he stammers. He studies the faces of each vampire at the table and in a low whisper, "The Sheriff has a video feed of Nicholas' study, and... was that The Prince's haven as well? This has to be some sort of infraction of the Traditions, right? I have to let my Sire know about this as soon as possible."

To Anna's last remark, Tony says, "My understanding is that The Pulse is a private Application designed by a number of Unaligned Kindred in Palo Alto. I don't know if Schultz can hack it, but I'd like to imagine it would be difficult to do." though Tony's voice does not sound too confident in the assertion.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

“Better safe than sorry?” Anna ventured, “but yes, we agree with you, he needs to know ASAP.”
    TC for short

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"I highly doubt that the Pulse has been hacked by anyone, but doubt is not certainty. In such matters if you can avoid taking risks while still achieving one's goals, it is usually best to do so."

"Calm yourself, yes this is a problem, for many people. But it is not one that will be solved by rash actions."

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Very well, I will be right back." Tony says somberly. He rises from his chair and removes what is clearly a burner phone from his pocket. He grins at Karl and Anna and says, "Don't worry, I will use this."

He steps away from the table for a moment.

(OOC: I am going to pause here to give the group a moment to chat. If you have nothing to discuss, let me know in the OOC thread, and I'll just move things forward)
    Show

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Returning to the table, Tony D'Agostino's face is pale though a foolish grin has spread his lips. "You have done excellent work," Tony says as he lets himself into the chair, practically dropping himself down. He leans in to the group and in a hushed voice says, "My Sire will not be able to meet with you till near dawn. He wants all files and photos that you have sent to this email", and he scribbles an address that is mostly a jibberish mix of numbers and symbols. He adds, "We shall meet you at Elysium at say 5 am? My Sire is certain our privacy will be guaranteed."
    Show

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

"Will we be able to remain there for the day, or should we arrange secure transport back to our own haven? That is uncomfortably close to sunrise. I suppose it cannot be helped." Aisling said as she acquiesced to Tony's proposed meeting place

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Tony shrugs, then shakes his head in the negative. "I don't think it will take too long," he says, "so we should all be able to get back in time. My sire was simply confident that Elysium is the only place where our privacy is guaranteed." Grinning, Tony adds, "That place creeps me out. It's like magicked or something."
    Show

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

Anna nodded and glanced at her watch.
    TC for short

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Right then, I think we ought to get going, as I'm sure you can imagine we have our own work cut out for us in response to this mess."

Once away from prying eyes, Karl addresses those with him, "I think we ought to go through the footage we reclaimed, at least make a start at identifying everyone the sheriff has been spying on."

"We also have a question to ponder here, the information within could be both incredibly valuable and dangerous. D'agostino casually asked us to simply give it all to him. We could do that and wash our hands of the matter."

"Or we could ask for appropriate boons in exchange for the files. If we go for the latter option I do suggest that we hand over the ones on him as a show of good faith, I would not care to be accused of blackmail."

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

”I agree.” Aisling said. ”We should give Tony anything that pertains to him. As you said, as a show of good faith. Especially since he has done so much for us to assist in setting up our haven.”

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

I’m good to proceed as well.

Thanks for the Beat!

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Tony smiles and shakes the hands of each member of the Coterie before the group departs. "See you later tonight," he says with an excited grin.

As the group makes their way back out of The Night Owl, Aisling sees that she has received a Pulse message from Alejandro Perez. The message reads "Just a friendly reminder, we are having a meeting in two hours. Sorry if I didn't say where, but it will be at a bar called The Kink. Ask for Mama Yaga when you get to the front door." The message is time stamped at about one hour old. This is followed by a second message that reads, "Oh, and bring that special book of yours, if you would :)"

The three vampires step out into the grey foggy night. Much has happened though the night is not yet over. There is still a long line of customers waiting to get into The Night Owl.

OOC: Ok, so where to now?
    Show

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

“I don’t know about you two but I’ve got a bad feeling,” Anna said, “I almost want to head straight to Elysium right now and stay there until the meeting.”
    TC for short

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl considers Anna's suggestion, "That's... not a bad idea actually, we can take out a private room and go through this stuff together."

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Aisling took a look at her small brick of a phone, brow furrowing in thought as she eyed the message from Alejandro Perez. After a moment, the Gangrel looked up at her two companions with a grimace.

”Forgive me, please. While I agree…something about this whole thing makes my stomach turn…I have somewhere else I must go. Mister Perez and I have a meeting shortly at The Kink as a way of preventing the Circle of Crone from coming after us. It…is supposed to be in a couple hours. Would you like to join me, or would you prefer to go to Elysium and secure it there? I can meet you when I am done?”

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

Anna

“Why don’t you ask him to meet us at Elysium,” Anna said.
    TC for short

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

"I could try..." Aisling said after a moment of thought. "But I suspect that since there will be other members of the Circle of Crone present that it will not be a viable option. Mister Perez is supposedly introducing me."

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

Anna took a long, appraising look at Aisling.

“It’s your choice, I’ll be at Elysium,” she said, “hopefully Karl and I can get a room there to go through what we found and strategize a bit.”
    TC for short