New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Default Re: [Pokemon World: Unova 2] Return of the Frozen Ruler - IC Thread

Vincent glances between the Akira and Haruka and says in correct, if improperly enunciated Japanese "Fleeing the problem will never solve it, besides, it's rude."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Party:

By the time Marcus approaches Hugh about proceeding towards the Pokemon Center, he finds that the youth has already crossed the street alongside his sister Blanc and is walking away from the terminal into the city.

As you follow Hugh through the streets of Aspertia you begin to see a gradual transition in your surroundings, as the bustling commercial district eventually gives way to the tranquil, somewhat sleepy, residential district. After roughly forty-five minutes of travel on foot you see Hugh come to a stop at a road that appears longer than any others you've seen in the residential district thus far. If you were to take a look to the North and South, you are left with the impression that the road could likely span the entire length of the residential district.

Drawing closer, you see Hugh remove a pokeball from his belt and release what appears to be a small bipedal mammal covered in blue in white fur, sporting a scallop's shell on its stomach. You readily identify this creature as the Sea Otter Pokemon, Oshawott, who excitedly greets it's trainer and his younger sister. Hugh and Blanc exchange a few words with one another before sharing a long hug and Blanc turns to leave.

She only takes a few steps before turning to you all. "I know we just met but... if you're going to travel with pokemon make sure you all take really good care of them!" Blanc says smiling warmly. "Goodbye!" The young girl waves farewell before crossing the street.

Spoiler: Perception 10
    Show
    As you watch Blanc depart you notice that Hugh's smile falters for only for a moment before loosing a small sigh. Though his smile is quick to return as his sister makes to leave a second time.

Spoiler: Intuition 10
    Show
    You sense pain in Hugh's expression after hearing his sister's words, though only for a moment.

"Arashi, can you aim a Water Pledge over Blanc for me?" Hugh asks quietly to the Oshawott, to which it happily obliges. The sea otter, steps forward and raises it's arms. You feel a rapid increase of ambient moisture in the air as water begins to condense into a glowing orb above the mammal. Once the ball of liquid equals the otter in size, Hugh's Oshawott sends the sphere sailing through the air until it bursts several feet over Blanc in a small downpour of rain. The girl stops dead in her tracks. "Thank you for the help partner." Hugh says in a low voice to Arashi before recalling it and calling out to his sister. "You were right! It looks like it rained today after all huh?!" he finishes grinning.

There's a brief pause as Blanc stands on the other side of the street facing away from you all. She slowly turns her head to look back and replies in a quivering voice, "I... I love you!". You see an unrestrained smile emerge across her features as the girl dressed for rain quickly raises an arm to her eyes. She then turns back and begins running down the street.

"Sorry to keep you all waiting, now let's get going! The Pokemon Center is just around the block!" Hugh says to the party as he begins jogging down the sidewalk in the opposite direction of Blanc. Following in Hugh's wake, you eventually find yourself in front of an expansive two story structure with large glass windows and an arched roof. "Here it is, the Aspertia City Pokemon Center! You guys can go ahead though..." Hugh casts a glance down the road past the park neighboring the center. "I gotta check something out first, but you can come with me if you'd like?"

Spoiler: Perception 10
    Show
    Due to the quiet of the day in the residential district it's relatively easy to spot anything that stands out along the road. You notice that Hugh glances at a woman further down the road who appears to be inspecting the building in front of her. A church or a school perhaps?

"Here, message me if you guys manage to find the Professor's Assistant inside of the Pokemon Center. I'll be down the street at the Trainer's School if anyone needs me for anything!". Hugh exchanges contact information with anybody who is willing to before he leaves.
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2018-10-21 at 12:38 AM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGirl

Vivian and her little menagerie follow along with the crowd being led by Hugh, the Spring breeze blowing across the the little town felt very scenic and relaxing, like something out of a picture; looking at some of the younger trainers around her, she felt a ping of envy, "How lucky these kids are, being able to experience this while still young and their futures so bright", these thoughts dissipated as the group suddenly stopped.

(Perception 6) Vivian watched the exchange between Hugh and Blanc with a bit of confusion, "Was it safe for such a young girl to run off alone?" she thought to herself, but she began to remember moments in her youth when she would sneak away and go off on her own.

Tank and Eliza were beginning to slow down some in their romping and started becoming more curious of their surroundings instead, they would tug at Vivian to get her attention, wanting to go on and keep exploring. The group continued on and that seemed to satisfy their need for discovery, for the time being. Upon finding the Pokemon Center, Hugh began to look distracted by something down the way

(Perception 10) "I'll go with you, it seems as though Tank and Eliza aren't quite done "exploring" yet." she gestures at the two as they, from what it would appear, begin to interrogate a bush.
    "Your name is Hugh, right? I over heard you speaking to Taiga earlier, so sorry to eavesdrop, my name is Vivian, it's nice to meet you. "

She exchanges contact information with Hugh
    Last edited by karekanolover; 2018-10-21 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Corrections

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Vincent frowns at Hugh's antics. "Classy." He mutters under his breath. He squares his shoulders and follows Hugh the rest of the way to the pokemon center. He follows the boy's gaze down the street to the woman, shrugs, and turns on his heel to walk into the pokemon center.

"Of course it can't be that easy." He says to himself as he enters the pokemon center, looking around for a woman matching Bianca's description. Assuming he doesn't spot one, he'll approach the service desk and ask if they've seen anyone matching the info the professor gave.
    Last edited by big teej; 2018-10-21 at 08:10 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Barbarian in the Playground

Haruka's eyes scanned over practically anything she could glance at as they traveled on foot through the city. Signs with writing...oh boy, her Master may have neglected to mention to her that none of the signage here would be in a language she could understand. This began to worry her some as the squiggly shapes did not make any sense to her. Perhaps this was intentional though? While it is imperative of her to complete her mission while here in Unova, it is also most definitely a coming of age test that she knew she would need to complete before returning to her village. After some time, she watched Hugh bid a farewell to his younger traveling companion before they continued to the Pokemon Center.

Upon arrival, she could see Hugh growing distracted by something down the way, but she couldn't quite tell what. Upon the offer, she would exchange her Xtransceiver information with hugh, choosing to scribble it down on a piece of paper she had with her and handing it off to him

Spoiler: Haruka's Contact Info [GM Only
    Show
    ]On the paper, Haruka wrote her name with her number, though when Hugh would go to read it, he would see her name written in Japanese kanji (森元春花) above her written out number.

Haruka followed in the foot steps of Vincent, taking notice of the girl with green hair observing her pokemon's fascination with a bush. Haruka was mesmerized by the structure, most homes weren't as big as this in her village. She spun around in the center, before looking around and seeing who all was in the Pokemon Center, wondering if any interesting individuals were loitering around the care center.

Perception (People Watching): 13

6. - Top - End - #66

GreataxeFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by PK-Leon View Post
    Party:

She only takes a few steps before turning to you all. "I know we just met but... if you're going to travel with pokemon make sure you all take really good care of them!" Blanc says smiling warmly. "Goodbye!" The young girl waves farewell before crossing the street.

"Of course, Little Sunshine! Be Safe." Marcus says.

"Arashi, can you aim a Water Pledge over Blanc for me?" Hugh asks quietly to the Oshawott, to which it happily obliges. The sea otter, steps forward and raises it's arms. You feel a rapid increase of ambient moisture in the air as water begins to condense into a glowing orb above the mammal. Once the ball of liquid equals the otter in size, Hugh's Oshawott sends the sphere sailing through the air until it bursts several feet over Blanc in a small downpour of rain. The girl stops dead in her tracks. "Thank you for the help partner." Hugh says in a low voice to Arashi before recalling it and calling out to his sister. "You were right! It looks like it rained today after all huh?!" he finishes grinning.

There's a brief pause as Blanc stands on the other side of the street facing away from you all. She slowly turns her head to look back and replies in a quivering voice, "I... I love you!". You see an unrestrained smile emerge across her features as the girl dressed for rain quickly raises an arm to her eyes. She then turns back and begins running down the street.

"Sorry to keep you all waiting, now let's get going! The Pokemon Center is just around the block!" Hugh says to the party as he begins jogging down the sidewalk in the opposite direction of Blanc. Following in Hugh's wake, you eventually find yourself in front of an expansive two story structure with large glass windows and an arched roof. "Here it is, the Aspertia City Pokemon Center! You guys can go ahead though..." Hugh casts a glance down the road past the park neighboring the center. "I gotta check something out first, but you can come with me if you'd like?"

"Here, message me if you guys manage to find the Professor's Assistant inside of the Pokemon Center. I'll be down the street at the Trainer's School if anyone needs me for anything!". Hugh exchanges contact information with anybody who is willing to before he leaves.
    Marcus Trades contact information with Hugh and proceeds into the Pokemon Center. He walks up to the nurses station and speaks to the Attending.

"Excuse me, I was wondering if you've seen a young woman named Bianca? She's blonde, sporting an incredibly cute bob cut with a big green hat on top, and is wearing a bright orange coat so she should be hard to miss." says Marcus, reciting the xtransceiver message he'd heard earlier. "She may be lost so if you have any way to assist us we'd greatly appreciate it." He says again behind a charming smile.
    "Your knowledge cannot save you. Your magic cannot save you. Nothing can save you." -Hida Kisada

7. - Top - End - #67

AssassinGuy

Akira follows Hugh and the group, smiling during the exchange between Hugh and Blanc. he turns and whispers to Yusuke. "Ya know, never had any siblings but you're the closest thing to a brother I've got. This little competition of ours should be interesting." Akira nods when Blanc mentions being kind to Pokemon, patting Skull. "Anything else would be unacceptable, stay safe." Akira doesn't say anything when he notices Hugh's expression change, instead opting to continue conversation.

When they reach the Center, Akira recalls Morgana and Skull as per rules he had heard for Pokemon Centers on no loose Pokemon. "Sorry guys, gotta follow the rules as per Uncle's orders..... More fun later though." The mew and bark disappear with the flash. Akira exchanges contact info with Hugh. "Don't hesitate to call if you need help man, anything can happen while we're all out there."

Akira enters the Pokemon Center and looks around to see if he can find the woman of description in the message. He figures Marcus is asking the nurse so there's one less lead he has to follow. Even going so far as to listen to other conversations that may be around him to pick up clues.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Taiga walks with Vincent, excited to actually be moving again. She can feel the blood rushing through her veins after sitting for so long on the bus. She watches, one eyebrow raised as Hugh has his pokemon soak his sister with a Water Pledge, but shrugs and continues to follow him. He knew the city, and obviously knew the best route to get to the Center. She hadn't been to many big towns, other than Saffron City in Kanto, in the last few years, and she knew that cities could be confusingly laid out, and she didn't really want to get lost on her first day here.

Perception: 16

Before Hugh finally leaves, Taiga does notice the woman down the street that distracted him, but can't bring herself to care about it. The sooner he left, the better, in her opinion.

Taiga lets Vincent do the talking to the attendant. In her current mood, she was sure that it would not have ended well.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Halfling in the Playground

Beholder

Yu notices(orokos.com/roll/672135) the small change in Hugh's demeanor. Yu takes note(orokos.com/roll/672136) of the pain on his face. He reminds himself to pry a touch if ever he were alone with Hugh.

Yu sees(orokos.com/roll/672138) the woman further down the road, but thinks little of it, until it's mentioned.

"I'll come with you, Hugh. Here's my number, for the future. Are you looking for a more permanent travel companion? I find myself loose in a sea of previously connected people, with none myself."

Yu keeps his eyes open for the Assistant, hoping to pick her out amidst the new surroundings. orokos.com/roll/672139
    Last edited by Chiba Yu; 2018-10-23 at 01:14 AM. Reason: added some dialogue... and spelling

10. - Top - End - #70

NinjaGuy

During the walk to the Pokemon Center

Akira:

Yusuke chuckles, "I thought you knew I felt the same way? With that being said, you should already know that I'm not going to go easy on you just because you're my little brother."

Party (Outside of the Pokemon Center):

Vivian:

Hugh laughs. "Oh, I wouldn't worry about that if I were you. I know my introduction was a bit uh... abrupt? It's nice to officially meet you too Vivian." He looks over at the pair of pokemon as they play around the border of the park. "They definitely look full of energy! Can't say I've ever seen any pokemon like those two before."

Haruka:

Spoiler: Haruka Only
    Show
    After handing Hugh the paper you see him immediately begin to enter your contact information.

"Mo-ri-mo-to... Ha-ru-ka.", you hear Hugh whisper quietly to himself. He offers you a slight nod when you walk away.

Akira:

"Likewise!" Hugh offers as he flashes a grin. "I know we've all just met but if you ever need help just give me a call and I'll be there to back you up."

Yu:

Hugh registers your contact info in his Xtransceiver before slowly shaking his head. "Sorry, can't say that I am at the moment but I'd definitely consider it later on. For now I want to focus on improving myself as a Trainer and growing stronger together with my partner! I'll be ready once I've proven to myself that I can stand on my own two feet." He says reassuringly.

"Even if you don't really know anyone here now you shouldn't let that stop you from using that opportunity to meet new people and make new friends! Everyone I've met here so far seems friendly enough, so I don't see any harm in trying. At least give it some thought for now." Hugh pats your shoulder before walking away.

In front of the Pokemon Trainer's School (Vivian and Yu):

You walk for less than a block as Hugh leads the way past the park towards what appears to be a large and newly built structure.

Spoiler: Yu Only
    Show
    As you pass the park, you get the strange sensation that you're being watched. As your eyes survey the surrounding park they pick up nothing of note... until you see glowing pair of sharp red eyes that seem to be following you. You blink and just like that, the eyes have disappeared.

The barking of a puppy fills the air before you're able to pinpoint it's source. As the three of you approach the building you find yourselves blockaded by a beige puppy baring it's teeth with it's bushy tail raised in alert. It's sports a collar of white fur with what seem to be several rocks embedded around it's neck.

"Hey, cut it out will ya!? You can't just go around barking at every man you see okay? Just most of'em..." A woman with tanned skin and shoulder length brown hair smiles as she lights the end of her cigarette and pockets her lighter. "Sorry about that, Treble gets worked up real easy. Don'tcha boy?" She kneels down and the dog puppy happily returns to her side, basking in the attention as she pets it. "So..." She looks the three of you over, "You all here to visit the Pokemon Trainer's School too?" She points at the building in front of her with the burning end of her cigarette.

Inside of the Pokemon Center (Vincent, Haruka, Marcus, Akira, Taiga):

As you enter the Pokemon Center you are immediately greeted by the sounds of people and pokemon alike over the soft music that plays throughout the lobby.

On your left you see a foyer large enough to host several groups of people as they wait inside of the Center. A door at the end of the foyer leads outside to the park beyond where you can see several children and pokemon at play. On your right you are greeted by a pair of sales associates who give you all a friendly wave from behind the counter of a PokeMart, the shelves behind them are filled to the brim with products conducive to supporting the everyday life of a trainer in addition to goods for the average consumer. On either side of the main service desk you see a large set of stairs leading to the upper floor of the building and behind those staircases are two areas containing PC's and kisoks for personal use.

You hear the loud pop of bubblegum as you walk up to the front counter of the Pokemon Center. The young woman at the desk eyes the five of you as she continues to chew her gum until you reach her. "Welcome to the Aspertia City Pokemon Center! How can I be of service to you today?" Even though you can tell that the line is well practiced, the young woman seems to be genuinely excited about helping you.

She leans back in her chair, appearing to be listening with some interest as Vincent asks his question about Bianca. Just as she sits up to respond she stops and locks eyes with Marcus as he makes and inquiry of his own. You hear the loud pop of another bubble as the musician finishes his last sentence. Her eyes narrow slightly.

"Well aren't you just the sweetest drink of chocolate milk I've seen in a long while." she says smiling warmly before her features contort into a scowl. "Well as much as I'd love to help you at the moment, I find myself currently unable to do so because I KNOW you didn't just cut in front of the gentleman standing right here!" The woman raises her voice as she tilts her head to the side. "You know back where I'm from- oooooh!", the woman cuts herself short as she begins to get worked up.

She stops and takes a deep breath, clearing her black bangs from her vision before speaking again. "Okay, hold on... Why don't we both try this again from the top? And because you asked so nicely you can either stay right there and listen to the answer of your question now or you can stand in line and I can speak with you after I'm finished here, your choice." Her smile returns as she gives Marcus a quick wink and leans back into her chair. "Now where were we? You were asking about a young woman named Bianca right?" she asks Vincent. "And what's with the piece of junk on your arm anyway?", the woman takes a long look at Vincent's gauntlet before looking back to him. "You into steampunk or somethin'?" Though her tone is sarcastic you can tell she's actually quite curious.

Despite your searching none of you can seem to find a woman matching the description of Bianca within the Pokemon Center, however you do notice that several people are now watching the exchange at the front counter, while the pair of sales associates at over at the PokeMart seem to be trying their hardest to ignore the incident.

After reiterates that the party is actively searching for Bianca the woman's eyes light up. "You're in luck! I know exactly where the lady you're looking for is. Apparently she flew in this morning instead of taking the bus and planned on waiting for you all here at the Pokemon Center but eventually her nature got the better of her and after some direction from yours truly, she set off to go sightseeing not too long ago. If she isn't at the Pokemon Trainer's School you should try looking for her at the Lookout, it's probably the most famous spot in the city. Anything else I can do for you?" the woman adds as she throws her feet onto the desk. "No seriously, I'm here all day."
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2018-10-25 at 01:23 AM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGirl

Vivian gives Hugh a quick glance before responding to the young woman "To be honest, I'm not sure why we came over this way, but finding this school seems fortuitous. My name is Vivian, this is Hugh, and... I'm sorry I don't believe I ever caught your name." she gestures to the other young man that came along. Turning back to the stranger "Is the school open or are you waiting on someone Miss..." She pauses waiting for a response from the young woman with her hand extended.

Tank and Eliza come out from behind Vivian and edge their way towards Treble, hoping to meet the new strange Pokemon before them, with Eliza taking the lead she gestures as if asking the new Pokemon to play with them.

12. - Top - End - #72

AssassinGuy

Akira laughs when Yusuke mentions not going easy on him. "I'm sorry you said younger brother? Eh don't expect me to go easy on you either! Though..... Akira glances around and leans in closer to whisper to Yusuke "If you need to do something along the lines of what we did years ago, call me if you need the assistance. Competition will be on hold for that duration if we need to use those skills. Deal?

Akira flashes a grin right back at Hugh. "Will do bud."

At the Pokemon Center
    Akira chuckles a bit at Marcus's antics and tries to stay out of the big guy's way. Vincent his name was? Odd gauntlet.... he thought to himself. As the woman mentions the Pokemon School or the Look Out, Akira turns to Yusuke. "To the Lookout it is. I'm sure Hugh or one of the others would have called if they found Bianca by now." Akira glances back at the group. "I'm going to head on that way. Anyone else need anything while here?" He turns back to the woman. "Thank you ma'am!" He says with a short bow.

Once outside, Akira will call Morgana and Skull back out for them to take their regular spots as they begin to make way to the Lookout. As he walks, he sends a quick message to the group at the Pokemon School.

OOC: I'm assuming we all heard the info getting spread around but if not then just to Hugh.

Spoiler: Pokemon School Group message
    Show

Hey someone at the Pokemon Center said that if Bianca wasn't;t at the school she'd be at the Lookout. I'm on my way there now. Wanted to give you threads up.
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2018-10-31 at 07:49 PM. Reason: shopping because I forgot and will update soon as I'm home

13. - Top - End - #73

GreataxeFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Roguewolf View Post
    At the Pokemon Center
    Akira chuckles a bit at Marcus's antics and tries to stay out of the big guy's way. Vincent his name was? Odd gauntlet.... he thought to himself. As the woman mentions the Pokemon School or the Look Out, Akira turns to Yusuke. "To the Lookout it is. I'm sure Hugh or one of the others would have called if they found Bianca by now." Akira glances back at the group. "I'm going to head on that way. Anyone else need anything while here?" He turns back to the woman. "Thank you ma'am!" He says with a short bow.
    Marcus mouths "sorry." to the young lady. "Come on, Akira. Let's head to the Lookout. Scales, Siren time to spli- wait... We should get some pokeballs... just in case." Marcus says walking over to will to a clerk and commerce for some of the useful orbs. "Thank you." He chimes. "Alright we're ready. Lets roll!"
    "Your knowledge cannot save you. Your magic cannot save you. Nothing can save you." -Hida Kisada

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Vincent covers his amusement with a cough and smiles at the attendant, though he winces at her comment about his gauntlet. "Uh, something like that, Yeah." He clears his throat. "I appreciate the help, I'm new to the area though, could I get the same set of directions Bianca got so I can find her?" After getting directions to The Lookout, Vincent will nod in thanks and say "I appreciate your help, maybe in the future when I'm a little less pressed for time I can show you a thing or two about appearances being deceiving" he holds up his gauntlet in farewell.

He turns to Taiga and says "I've seen this movie once or twice, there's no way this woman's at the Trainer School, we should head straight to The Lookout"

Vincent will then leave the Pokemon Center and make his way towards The Lookout.

15. - Top - End - #75

Beholder

Yu notices something that distracts him in the direction of the park, seeming to be trying to figure something out... orokos.com/roll/673645 and orokos.com/roll/673650

Yu turns back towards the group when Vivian attempts to introduce him.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I'm Yu. My sincerest apologies for not introducing myself sooner. It was not my intention to ignore..."

Bubba will attempt to engage the puppy, dancing happily if he chooses to play with him.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by big teej View Post
    He turns to Taiga and says "I've seen this movie once or twice, there's no way this woman's at the Trainer School, we should head straight to The Lookout"

Vincent will then leave the Pokemon Center and make his way towards The Lookout.
    "If you say so," Taiga replies. "You coming Haruka? Apparently we're heading to the Lookout," she says over her shoulder to the other girl. "Since somebody couldn't do their job right..." she grumbles under her breath.

She'll stop Vincent before he gets too far out of the Pokemon Center. "We should exchange contact info, just in case. I thought I had your number but... I can't find it in my Xtransceiver."

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Vincent stops in his tracks. "That's a really good idea, actually." He says, somewhat nonplussed. Why didn't I think of that? He turns on his heel and exchanges contact info with Taiga.

18. - Top - End - #78

Haruka turned her attention to the shop. She had the basics for traveling, but she really didn't have any Pokemon supplies. At least she confirmed it as she pushed her things around in her hip-satchels as well as her bag. She maneuvered her way to the queue for the shop counter, patiently waiting her turn. When she came up to the counter, she did her very best to ask for what she wanted after surveying the wares, "May I have...four basic balls, one potion, one affliction heal?" she said, accent quite thick as she began counting out her money, handing over 1400 and patiently waiting for her order. Once she had it in hand, she heard Taiga calling out to her, "Yes, coming!"

She raced over to Taiga, who was accompanied by Vincent. She held out her hand to him, not quite remembering if they had a proper greeting, "My name is Haruka. Nice to meet you!" she said with a small smile! She wasn't sure what tongue to speak with him, so she went with the native of the land. She noticed Taiga and Vincent exchanging xtransceiver information, and decided to do the same with both.

OOC: Haruka did some light shopping, and has requested 4x Basic Ball, 1x Affliction Heal, 1x Potion. Haruka exchanges xtransceiver with Vincent and Taiga.
    Last edited by MashPotatoJones; 2018-10-31 at 08:53 AM.

19. - Top - End - #79

NinjaGuy

Vivian and Yu

Spoiler: In front of the Trainer's School
    Show
    Spoiler: Yu Only
    Show
    You let your mind wander for a moment in an effort to recall something, if anything, that could help you identify who or what the pair of eyes belong to and... nothing.

Despite coming up short you do get the sense that the pair of eyes you saw didn't belong to a human or at least any you've met before.

The young woman transfers the cigarette from her right hand to her left as she stands and takes Vivian's free hand. "My name's Sonia, it's nice to meet ya." She gives Vivian's hand a slight shake before taking a step back to look at the pokemon that emerge from behind the researcher. "Oh, and this is my partner Treble." She looks down at the Rockruff and smiles as she gives it a nod in affirmation. The puppy's eyes light up as it bounds over to the other two pokemon. The canine curiously sniffs the the air around them before arching it's back, tail wagging, and barking to invite the others to play. "He can be a little rough around the edges every now and then but he's a real sweetheart once you get to know 'im."

The beige puppy begins to playful chase and be chased by the other pokemon and barks intermittently in excitement. As the pokemon play "tag" it becomes readily apparent that Eliza is the fan favorite as the others seem to gravitate towards her with greater frequency.

Hugh takes a step towards Sonia and speaks, "Honestly, when I saw you down the street I thought you might be someone with the Pokemon League; but it looks like we're in the same boat?" He looks up at the Trainer's School for a moment before turning his attention back to you all. "They actually finished building the school about a week ago but I was told by one of the attendants at the Pokemon Center that it wouldn't open until a Teacher or Gym Leader recognized by the league starts working there." He sighs as he interlaces his fingers behind his head. "But who knows when that will be..."

The three of you hear the chime of a message notification from your respective Xtransceivers go off. Hugh quickly reads the message from Akira and starts up again. "WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT?!" Hugh exclaims as he turns and begins running back towards the Pokemon Center. It only takes a moment for him to stop dead in his tracks and call back out to you all. "The Outlook is the city's most famous spot! I'd be willing to bet that Bianca is probably still up there looking at the scenery! Sonia, you're a new pokemon trainer too aren't you? Why don't you come with us to meet the professor's assistant?!"

Before Sonia can reply Hugh has already taken off and is heading back down the street. "There's no way I got this wrong!"

"Uhmmm... okay?" Sonia says aloud as she looks between the two of you. She laughs, "So is he always like that or is he just particularly energetic today?". Treble begins to run after Hugh before stopping to turn and look back at his trainer, barking in excitement. "You wanna go after him huh? Figures!" Sonia says taking in a final breath of smoke from her cigarette before releasing it skyward. She puts out the cigarette on the ground and finds a nearby trash where she can safely dispose of it. "If you don't mind us taggin' along we'll go with ya. I got a message earlier today from Professor Juniper that said her assistant would be at the Pokemon Center. When I checked in she was nowhere to be found so I decided to kill some time by lookin' around the city. We were actually on our way back to the center before running into you guys. Change of plans I guess?" She smiles and walks over to her Rockruff. "Let's get goin'!" Sonia readjusts the straps of her bag and guitar case and starts walking in the direction Hugh took off with her puppy leading the way.

Vincent, Marcus, Taiga, Akira, Haruka:

Spoiler: Inside of the Pokemon Center
    Show
    Akira:

"That's fine by me." Yusuke replies smiling. "We don't want to keep the lady waiting if we don't have to right?" Yusuke eyes you curiously as the two of you leave the Pokemon Center and offers the attendant a small wave.

The attendant waves goodbye as she watches the two of you exit the center.

Marcus:

The attendant smiles and nods at your apology then waves you goodbye with her fingers.

Both of the sales associates are quick to greet you and ring you up for several pokeballs within seconds of your request. Once your transaction is completed they both wish you good luck and wave as you make your way out of center after Akira.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Be sure to list what you've bought from the PokeMart and make changes to your available funds and inventory respectively.

Vincent, Taiga, and Haruka:

The associates at the PokeMart gladly work together to help with Haruka to help her acquire everything she needs and ring her up quickly. "I like your scarf, I think it really suits you.", the female attendant comments as Haruka takes her leave.

"Once you go through the front doors, go left and then follow the main road towards the. If you can do that then you'll find yourself at the Lookout in no time; easy enough right?" The young woman says to Vincent.

"Don't worry about it, it's my job after all. And technically trainers, or anyone else for that matter, aren't supposed to bring arms into the Pokemon Center but I guess I can make an exception for you just this once..." The edges of her mouth curl up before she breaks into laughter, "Okay, I'm joking! But seriously I'll see you all later if you decide to stop by. Catch ya later!"

She enthusiastically waves goodbye to the three as you depart the center. You hear the loud pop of bubblegum before the automated doors of the center slide shut.

Party:

Spoiler: To the Lookout! (Party)
    Show
    As you exit the Pokemon Center your group is nearly blindsided by a young man wearing a red track jacket. You instantly recognize him as Hugh.

"Sorry about that!" he practically skids to a stop. "Just so you guys the know, the Lookout is that way." Hugh points in the direction that the attendant indicated and then bolts. "C'mon, let's go!"

The rest of the group reconverges outside of the center with someone new in tow just as Hugh leaves.

After walking in Hugh's wake for a few minutes you finally reach a large set of stairs built into a small cliffside. A street sign standing in the ground next to the staircase reads: "Aspertia City Lookout Ahead - Unova unfolds before your eyes!"

As you begin climbing the stair you can feel the wind begin to pick up once again as a sweet scent fills the air. When you finally reach the top you are greeted by the warmth of the late spring sun and a gentle breeze that seems as if it's trying to spirit you away into the panorama before you. You also see Hugh conversing with a young woman sporting a bright orange coat and a green hat atop her blonde bobbed hair.

"It's SO pretty isn't it?!" shes asks Hugh. "Yeah it really is ... Oh hey, everyone's here!" Hugh replies turning the woman's attention to you all.

The young lady's eyes follow Hugh's gesture to your group and she quickly leaves her spot along the railing to face you. She greets the group with a big smile and small but nervous wave. "Hey there! The view of Route 19 is simply amazing don't you agree?! Oh right! My name's Bianca. I'm Professor Juniper's research assistant but... you probably already knew that?", She laughs at herself before looking the group of pokemon trainers over. "Anyway, it's nice to meet you all!"

"So you're the new trainers Professor Juniper told me all about! I mean, you have to be right? Hugh here looks ex-act-ly how she described him and so do the rest of you."

Bianca adjusts her glasses before reaching into her bag and pulling out what appears to be a tablet of some sort. "Okay let's see here..." She uses a finger and touches it's surface for a few moments before starting up again. "I have a list of all of the trainers that I'm supposed to meet with today. If you don't hear your name called out or if someone you know is missing please let me know!"

"A-ki-ra Na-ru-kami!? Derek Marsh! Ha-ru-ka Mori-moto!? Marcus Kingston! Sonia Rios! Taiga I-ga-ra-shi! Vincent Sharpe! Vivian Sweet! Yu Chi-ba! Yu-su-ke Ku-ru-su!" She visibly exhales as she finishes the list. "Hmm... there sure are a lot of foreigners in this group huh? I'm incredibly sorry if I butchered anyone's name! So, is there anyone here who's name I didn't call out already or anyone that might be missing?"
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2018-11-01 at 03:15 AM.

20. - Top - End - #80

AssassinGuy

On the way to the Lookout....
    Akira turns to Marcus and Yusuke. "Yusuke I know I have your contact info but Marcus we should probably exchange that while we're thinking about it. I meant to get the other Yu's info but we'll see them there." Akira will provide his Xtransceiver info to Marcus and put his in if he responds with it.

At the Lookout..... OOC: KAMI! I NEED YOU TO TELL ME THAT I CAN LEAVE THE LOOKOUT IF I WANT TO.

Akira is taken aback by the view. He had heard of it but he hadn't had the chance to come see it until now. Unova had been his home since he was young but this was something entirely new. Something beautiful. He listens to Bianca as she starts explaining and calling names. She's pretty cute. Akira can't help but think to himself as the woman is talking. He reacts with a hand wave and smile as his name is called. As she finishes the roster and apologizes, Akira smirks a bit casting a glance at Yusuke to see his reaction. He hadn't heard of the other two mentioned, that Derek or Sonia. If he actually had to pick a traveling companion, well he had it narrowed down to two maybe three.

"Can't say that I've seen a Sonia or Derek." Akira says looking around then back to Bianca.
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2018-11-01 at 09:46 AM.

21. - Top - End - #81

GreataxeFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by PK-Leon View Post
    Party:

Spoiler: To the Lookout! (Party)
    Show
    As you exit the Pokemon Center your group is nearly blindsided by a young man wearing a red track jacket. You instantly recognize him as Hugh.

"Sorry about that!" he practically skids to a stop. "Just so you guys the know, the Lookout is that way." Hugh points in the direction that the attendant indicated and then bolts. "C'mon, let's go!"

The rest of the group reconverges outside of the center with someone new in tow just as Hugh leaves.

A fellow Musician. Cool dog.

After walking in Hugh's wake for a few minutes you finally reach a large set of stairs built into a small cliffside. A street sign standing in the ground next to the staircase reads: "Aspertia City Lookout Ahead - Unova unfolds before your eyes!"

As you begin climbing the stair you can feel the wind begin to pick up once again as a sweet scent fills the air. When you finally reach the top you are greeted by the warmth of the late spring sun and a gentle breeze that seems as if it's trying to spirit you away into the panorama before you. You also see Hugh conversing with a young woman sporting a bright orange coat and a green hat atop her blonde bobbed hair.

This is definitely her. The Professor's description was spot on.

"It's SO pretty isn't it?!" shes asks Hugh. "Yeah it really is ... Oh hey, everyone's here!" Hugh replies turning the woman's attention to you all.

The young lady's eyes follow Hugh's gesture to your group and she quickly leaves her spot along the railing to face you. She greets the group with a big smile and small but nervous wave. "Hey there! The view of Route 19 is simply amazing don't you agree?! Oh right! My name's Bianca. I'm Professor Juniper's research assistant but... you probably already knew that?", She laughs at herself before looking the group of pokemon trainers over. "Anyway, it's nice to meet you all!"

"So you're the new trainers Professor Juniper told me all about! I mean, you have to be right? Hugh here looks ex-act-ly how she described him and so do the rest of you."

Bianca adjusts her glasses before reaching into her bag and pulling out what appears to be a tablet of some sort. "Okay let's see here..." She uses a finger and touches it's surface for a few moments before starting up again. "I have a list of all of the trainers that I'm supposed to meet with today. If you don't hear your name called out or if someone you know is missing please let me know!"

"A-ki-ra Na-ru-kami!? Derek Marsh! Ha-ru-ka Mori-moto!? Marcus Kingston! Sonia Rios! Taiga I-ga-ra-shi! Vincent Sharpe! Vivian Sweet! Yu Chi-ba! Yu-su-ke Ku-ru-su!" She visibly exhales as she finishes the list. "Hmm... there sure are a lot of foreigners in this group huh? I'm incredibly sorry if I butchered anyone's name! So, is there anyone here who's name I didn't call out already or anyone that might be missing?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Roguewolf View Post
    On the way to the Lookout....
    Akira turns to Marcus and Yusuke. "Yusuke I know I have your contact info but Marcus we should probably exchange that while we're thinking about it. I meant to get the other Yu's info but we'll see them there." Akira will provide his Xtransceiver info to Marcus and put his in if he responds with it.

At the Lookout..... OOC: KAMI! I NEED YOU TO TELL ME THAT I CAN LEAVE THE LOOKOUT IF I WANT TO.

Akira is taken aback by the view. He had heard of it but he hadn't had the chance to come see it until now. Unova had been his home since he was young but this was something entirely new. Something beautiful. He listens to Bianca as she starts explaining and calling names. She's pretty cute. Akira can't help but think to himself as the woman is talking. He reacts with a hand wave and smile as his name is called. As she finishes the roster and apologizes, Akira smirks a bit casting a glance at Yusuke to see his reaction. He hadn't heard of the other two mentioned, that Derek or Sonia. If he actually had to pick a traveling companion, well he had it narrowed down to two maybe three.

"Can't say that I've seen a Sonia or Derek." Akira says looking around then back to Bianca.
    "I'm going to wager Sonia is the woman with the pup." Marcus says quietly to Akira. "But that still leaves Derek Marsh.. Has anyone seen him?" He says to the crowd at-large.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Vincent looks past Bianca to the view of his home region, taking it in, the enormity of the task he's set before himself, and the rewards that go with it, starting to sink in. His attention is brought abruptly back to the orange jacketed trainer at the mention of a name he hadn't heard in almost 6 years. Derek is here!? Vincent closes his eyes against the flashbacks from his childhood and suppresses a shudder. He pales slightly. He'll nudge Taiga and say very quietly "This could get ugly in a hurry."

23. - Top - End - #83
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGirl

Delighted to see their Pokemon getting along, Vivian is caught off guard by Hugh's sudden outburst. She gathers her things and begins to give chase after Sonia and the others, she cries out behind her "Come on Yu, let's not be left behind! Tank, Eliza, let's not let Sonia and Treble beat us there!" the duo let out a happy cheer and start racing after, they rush ahead as Vivian caught up to Sonia and try to out run the happy puppy.

(Upon getting to the Lookout)

Vivian had winded herself and was on the verge of collapse when she made it to their destination, Tank and Eliza, while seeming thrilled, had worn themselves out and began to snooze soundly together. As she begins to catch her breath, she looks up to Sonia and gives her a weak smile "That was a lot farther then I thought it would." she breathes a deep sigh and looks up, seeing the scenery for the first time and taking it in. "I had a lot of fun." She offers to exchange transceiver contacts with Sonia and Yu.

After a moment of recovery, Vivian rises up during Bianca's role-call.

Tank and Eliza sleepily wander over and yawn loudly next to Vivian, they begin to cozy up to her and look around the surrounding (Tank orokos.com/roll/674432[/url]) (Eliza orokos.com/roll/674433[/url])

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Taiga is paying the absolute modicum of attention to the proceedings, inwardly seething.

This lady couldn't have waited for us at the bus stop?! Instead we had to chase her around half of the town. She pauses in her thoughts for a moment. To be fair, I wouldn't have wait for a bunch of new trainers to arrive either... It's her JOB though-

Vincent's nudge gets her attention. "What do you mean?" she asks out of the corner of her mouth, looking around at the other people gathered. She didn't see anything out of the ordinary that set off her mental alarm.

25. - Top - End - #85

Beholder

"Right, of course! We can't be left behind!"

He scoops up Bubba and keeps pace with Vivian, trying to take care for the small pokemon that might be underfoot.

Yu happily swaps contact info with Vivian, and Sonia if willing, upon arrival. Yu will also respond as called, and confirm that he hadn't seen nor met a "Derek" on the way here.

Before the group breaks up, he'll ask Akira, Ryuu, and Hakura if they'd like to exchange numbers with him. Bubba will happily greet all of them with a small gurgle when he approaches.

26. - Top - End - #86

Haruka took a moment as Bianca went through the roll call to take in the sight of the Unova region from the lookout. This place was big, finding her target was going to be like finding a needle in a haystack. The moment she heard her name, she raised her hand, "I am Haruka" she stuttered out before her iridescent eyes once gain turned back to the sprawling Unova region. She had quite the journey ahead of her, and promptly returned to Taiga's side, waiting with her and Vincent, wondering what happens next.

27. - Top - End - #87

AssassinGuy

As Yu mentions exchanging contact info Akira nods as Morngana mews at Bubba. “Sure thing, actually meant to do this earlier on before we split across the city. Speaking of traveling, me and Ryuu are going to be traveling separately since this is a sort of competition for us. Want to travel the circuit together?” Akira asks with a smile. He will exchange info with Haruka as well, if she is willing.
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2018-11-06 at 09:18 AM.

28. - Top - End - #88

NinjaGuy

At the Lookout:

Spoiler: Akira Only
    Show
    When you glance at Yusuke you notice that his eyes are closed as he appears to be listening intently to Bianca. It's only after she finishes listing off names from her roster that he finally opens his eyes. "So what do you think? I bet you wouldn't mind having her as your research assistant huh?", he says in a low whisper as he elbows you playfully.

Spoiler: Vivian and Yu Only
    Show
    "I guess that makes two of us then... Ten outta Ten would run again!", Sonia offers with a weary smile between ragged breaths. "Someone remind me to never do that again alright?"

She gladly exchanges contact information with the two of you as you make your way up the stairway to the lookout.

Spoiler: Vivian Only
    Show
    As your pair of grass types slowly settle down, you notice that Tank struggles to stay awake as he keeps vigil over the smaller more vulnerable fruit pokemon, while Eliza is already fast asleep.

It only takes a few moments before Hugh speaks up. "...Hey, Bianca? I didn't hear my name called!"

"Oh, you're right! That's strange... Let me take another look." She replies as she swipes a finger across the digital screen, her eyes scanning it's surface. "Hmm... okay, I think I've figured it out!"

"...And?", the dynamo replies rather quickly.

"It looks like the reason why I didn't call out your name is because it was never on the list! And now that I think about it, that would explain why I only have ten pokedexes with me...", she puts a finger up to her chin in thought.

"Wait! I need to get a pokedex if I'm going to learn more about pokemon and become strong enough to take on the Unova League! Please..." Hugh is cut short as Bianca bursts into laughter. A look of confusion overtakes his face.

"Hey there's no need to get serious all of a sudden! I really wish you could've seen the look on your face a few seconds ago; it was priceless! I was just joking about the Pokedex before though, you totally get one too! And just so there aren't any hard feelings between us I'll even start with you."

Bianca picks up a large green duffle bag sitting by the railing of the Lookout and brings it back over to where she was previously standing. She opens up the bag, revealing a large cylindrical container and a metal case beside it, then removes what appears to be one of several slender cellphones and a thin plastic case containing five basic balls.

"On behalf of Professor Juniper and the Unovan Pokemon League I'm happy to gift you all with a set of five basic Pokeballs to begin your respective journeys with in addition to a state of the art Pokedex! For those of you who don't already know, the Pokédex is a high-tech device that automatically records the data of any Pokémon you encounter and is virtually unrivaled as a Pokémon encyclopedia! In short Professor Juniper wants you all to carry this Pokédex, visit a lot of places, and meet all sorts of Pokémon and people in the Unova region!"

Hugh gladly accepts the pair of gifts and apology from the Professor's Assistant, even going so far as to give her a hug. "Thank you, I won't let you down!" the young man says smiling as he takes a few steps back to give everyone enough space to come forward.

Bianca readjusts her glasses and laughs. "Well that was definitely unexpected but I'm happy I could help you out!" She repeats the process by withdrawing a Pokedex and a plastic case filled with five basic Pokeballs and hands a set out to each of you. "Okay, now with that out of the way, Yu and Yusuke, I'm sorry, am I saying your names right? I've also brought three starter pokemon as a gift for perspective trainers with me to serve as partners during your journey! Since each of you only has a single pokemon registered to your Trainer ID number we'd like to give you the opportunity to add another member to your team."

Bianca removes the cylindrical container from the duffle bag and excitedly presents the contents inside to the Yu's. "Ta-daaa! In here is the pokémon that will be your new partner!". Yusuke will offer Yu the first pick of partner pokemon before selecting one of his own.

"Hey don't keep us waiting! Let's see your new partner pokemon!", Hugh chimes in.

After both Yu's make their selection from the available partner pokemon...

"Oh, wow! You two and your new partners are perfect matches! By the way, did you two want to give nicknames to either of your pokemon?", Bianca adds.

"I know my sister already said this but... everyone make sure that they take really good care of their pokemon from here on out! Got it?", Hugh echoes the words of his sister as he watches the pair of trainers meet their new partners for the first time.

Bianca audibly sighs. "This is starting to remind me of when Cheren, Hilbert, and I first met our partners two years ago... Ooh, I just thought of something cool! You all have at least two Pokémon with you right? Why don't you all have a Pokémon battle?! We have more than enough space up here on the lookout and there's even enough people here to make even pairs!"
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2018-11-08 at 02:54 AM.

29. - Top - End - #89

AssassinGuy

Spoiler: Yusuke only
    Show

Akira smirks at Yusuke's response. "Definitely has me considering a change in careers right now. Certainly seems like my type." Akira whispers back.

After the introduction and all between Bianca and Hugh, when it is Akira's turn to take the beginning gifts he bows in thanks and audibly thanks Bianca. Pocketing the small cellphone looking black device and placing the poke balls in an easily accessible spot.

Akira eagerly awaits the choice of Yusuke's starter Pokemon, he wasn't sure what to expect from his best friend this time. Though he is taken aback at the mention of everyone having a battle right now. "Have a battle right here? Could be fun, what do you say Ryuu?" Akira looks at his friend and brother, now turned rival.

He then turns to Bianca, "Were you expecting singles or doubles for these battles, or our choice?"

Akira steps aside to battle with Yusuke, motioning for Skull to sit aside and watch the battle. ”Alright Morgana, let’s show him how it’s done!” The purple cat leaps off Akira’s shoulder and takes a stance on its hind legs. Morgana darts at Ryuu’s Pokémon as soon as it materialized, striking it and returning looking at any spoils from the theft.

Morgana is Initiative 19

Morgana uses Thief!
    To Hit: 1d20 9
    Damage: 3d6+1d4+8 18
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2018-11-11 at 11:31 AM.

30. - Top - End - #90

Haruka bows to Bianca when she is handed her Pokedex as well as the gift of 5 Basic Pokeballs. "Thank you." she responded before taking a few steps back to organize her belongings. It was after everyone had gotten their things that she heard the suggestion of a battle. It felt like it would delay her mission as well as participation in the circuit. However, it would be a good opportunity to see how her two partner pokemon were in a real battle instead of just daily training.

She had an opponent in mind, too. Haruka approached Taiga and unclipped one of the Lure Ball’s off of her obi. She held it up and smiled, “It’s been too long since we’ve face each other. It’s not exactly a hand out hand fight, but it’ll be interesting to face you again, Igarashi-San. How about one Pokemon each?” She proposed.
    Last edited by MashPotatoJones; 2018-11-09 at 07:34 PM.